Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 5, 2022 2:14 AM

Jun 2016
who cares ??
atleast we got third season !!
Jun 6, 2022 10:21 PM

May 2022
NirvashX1 said:
who cares ??

Probably expect a lot more seasons considering they made the spinoff also. I am interested to see if it could possibly do better then the main series.
Jun 7, 2022 8:30 AM

Jan 2020
NirvashX1 said:
who cares ??
People said the same when 7DS changed studios and look what happened to that series.
Jun 7, 2022 8:37 AM

Jan 2020
Sanyko20 said:
This is an example of an idiot who is judging the quality of the show that so not even out by it’s studio. If you know anything about production there is nothing to worry about because the director and character designer are still the same, it will look just as good.
Remember 7DS? The staff didnt even matter in that case since the animation was just so horrible it ruined the series. Who is to say the same fate wont happen to konosuba?
Jun 7, 2022 8:39 AM
Dec 2020
AunixHOT said:
Sanyko20 said:
This is an example of an idiot who is judging the quality of the show that so not even out by it’s studio. If you know anything about production there is nothing to worry about because the director and character designer are still the same, it will look just as good.
Remember 7DS? The staff didnt even matter in that case since the animation was just so horrible it ruined the series. Who is to say the same fate wont happen to konosuba?

You do realise the first 2 seasons of konosuba were animated by studio deen who also animated 7ds๐Ÿคฆ‍โ™‚๏ธ
Jun 7, 2022 8:44 AM

Jan 2020
Sanyko20 said:
AunixHOT said:

You do realise the first 2 seasons of konosuba were animated by studio deen who also animated 7ds๐Ÿคฆ‍โ™‚๏ธ
Yes but they actually cared for konosuba and had budget for it, not amazing animation but decent. They just accepted to make 7DS, used the lowest budget possible and rushed it out to make quick cash.
Jun 7, 2022 8:49 AM
Dec 2020
AunixHOT said:
Sanyko20 said:

Yes but they actually cared for konosuba and had budget for it, not amazing animation but decent. They just accepted to make 7DS, used the lowest budget possible and rushed it out to make quick cash.

And konosuba will still look great. The movie was done by jc staff another terrible studio but it still look great why because the staff is staying consistent and like now the staff is staying consistent so it will still look great. Budget doesn’t even matter that much it’s about the staff which is the most important
Jun 23, 2022 8:52 PM
Nov 2021
i think they're too scared to fuck up konosuba
Jun 27, 2022 4:54 PM

Nov 2011
OvergrownRover said:
Looks like they’ve had a major rework in their studio with them now taking on 3 huge projects (Uzumaki, To Your Eternity and now this) and they haven’t put out an anime in almost 2 years

And now Uzumaki is on limbo, delayed for the second time and without a new release date.

Mind you that's only a 4 episode series, and they are still supposed to animate another two series being released this year.

I wonder how did this studio end up being entrusted with such a successful series like Konosuba when what little track record they had was bad.
Jul 4, 2022 9:35 AM
Mar 2016
anyone know why Konosuba season 3 changed their studio from Deen to eh what was the name again?
don't worry about it just tell me why it changed?

- I also can't believe it that To your eternity season 2 is handled by Drive studio as well. Brain's base is not in charge of season 2
Jul 5, 2022 7:36 AM

Oct 2019
luffyussy said:
i hope aqua still looks delicious

on God, das all I need
Jul 7, 2022 4:34 AM
Dec 2019
Tbf, they didn't involved in many anime yet so far
Jul 8, 2022 9:24 AM

Mar 2018
It will be good. I have faith
Jul 14, 2022 10:39 PM

Aug 2016
I only watched Vlad Love. the plot and jokes were bad, but I didnt have any problems with the visuals so not everything is lost.
:v
Jul 15, 2022 6:05 PM
Apr 2020
Director is the same as the first two seasons, so I'm not worried.
Jul 15, 2022 10:01 PM

Feb 2019
Saying about the studio and it's track record.

You do recall that all previous Konosuba works, except movie, was done by Studio Deen, who has quite a spotty record.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Jul 23, 2022 10:09 AM

Feb 2017
People also shit all over Deen and JC Staff yet the show and film were totally fine. As long as the key staff are still in place then the quality should remain the same.
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ
Aug 29, 2022 10:30 PM

Feb 2018
Trailer looks good for kid Megumin. Explosion is a little different. Animation seems ok.
Sep 3, 2022 5:31 AM
Jul 2019
AunixHOT said:
They only have like 3 anime and all of them with bad animation and rated 6 or below
if they only have 3 anime then they barely even have a track record yet
Sep 22, 2022 3:44 AM

Nov 2017
well we're about to see how they do to your eternity s2 so we can judge in a few weeks what they are capable of

plz @ me
Oct 9, 2022 2:00 AM

Jul 2021
Cyrose said:
dfyh said:

i think the new anime design for konosuba is actually the light novel design

I haven't seen the light novel. What are your thoughts on the art style? Is it good?

damn how did i miss this reply
anyways i myself definitely preferred the light novel design as it just looks better imo
the old one is kinda shit if you dont bring feelings in the discussion lol
Nov 11, 2022 12:08 PM
Sep 2016
From checking the current confirmed staff, the Chief Director, Series Composer, and Character Designer are all the same people that worked on previous seasons of Konosuba, so the story, characters, and soundtrack will likely be consistent to that of previous seasons, dispite what changes there may be from this new studio. So far they haven't ruined To Your Eternity, so I'm at least willing to give them a chance on Konosuba and Uzumaki.
Nov 25, 2022 3:32 PM

Jan 2021
dfyh said:
Cyrose said:

I haven't seen the light novel. What are your thoughts on the art style? Is it good?

anyways i myself definitely preferred the light novel design as it just looks better imo
Agreed although I have come to like the janky look of the characters during season 1 and 2, the Light Novel designs are much more cleaner and more to my liking.
Nov 25, 2022 6:39 PM

Jul 2021
LoreMasterDan said:
dfyh said:

Agreed although I have come to like the janky look of the characters during season 1 and 2, the Light Novel designs are much more cleaner and more to my liking.

fair enough, i liked it too until i got into reading the light novel tho, but the old anime design definitely has its charms
Dec 13, 2022 10:49 AM

Apr 2021
i just realized theyre also making the new uzumaki anime adaptation, i really hope both of these shows dont fall into the wrong hands and become hot dogshit
beep!
MAL's Little Raccoon #2
made by hearingnote

matching w/ sekai-

Feb 6, 2023 1:03 PM

Jan 2021
Well, the previous studio was Deen all of things, which doesn't have a good track record either unless you go like 20 years into the past, so the quality in animation can hold up. I'm more worried if they are going to leave Aqua pantyless or not.
Feb 19, 2023 4:25 AM
Dec 2019
sauce of your signature? TIA.
Mar 3, 2023 7:50 AM

Aug 2012
Fumetsu season 2 is a lot worse than 1 and has a lot worse animation too.
So I think its safe to say this isnt a very good studio
Mar 3, 2023 11:42 PM
Aug 2019
shiiit, i didn’t even know DEEN wasn’t doing it :(

why wouldn’t they? Konosuba has GOT to be one of their most lucrative series
Mar 8, 2023 11:21 PM
Feb 2021
Ionliosite2 said:
Well, the previous studio was Deen all of things, which doesn't have a good track record either unless you go like 20 years into the past, so the quality in animation can hold up. I'm more worried if they are going to leave Aqua pantyless or not.

Haha well if they wanna follow the source material then she Has to be pantyless
That’s the reason she sold Megumin’s panties instead of her own ๐Ÿ˜‚
Mar 18, 2023 5:49 AM
Mar 2021
mWadie said:
let's give them a chance.. I really hope konosuba doesn't end up being in the wrong hands
A bit to late. From their work so far its doomed to fail.
Mar 18, 2023 5:49 AM
Mar 2021
DarkGamerA said:
that would mean that my on of  fav anime 

to your eternity is also gona get ruined
To your eternity was ruined 100%
Mar 20, 2023 4:33 AM

Jan 2021
TurnipFan said:
mWadie said:
let's give them a chance.. I really hope konosuba doesn't end up being in the wrong hands
A bit to late. From their work so far its doomed to fail.
They have little experience as main studio (3 animes) but it doesnt mean that they didnt work in a lot of animes or games as secondary / in charge of 3d cgi etc...)

https://www.drive-music.jp/animation/works/

Mar 30, 2023 4:29 AM
Jan 2018
It’s the staff that matters
Mar 31, 2023 6:07 AM
Jul 2016
Are you high? They have Fumetsu no Anata e Season 2, Uzumaki and Fate/Grand Order under their wing.
Apr 3, 2023 2:31 PM
Sep 2014
TurnipFan said:
DarkGamerA said:
that would mean that my on of  fav anime 

to your eternity is also gona get ruined
To your eternity was ruined 100%

Mind telling me what the hell you've been smoking? Because I want some.
Apr 6, 2023 7:30 AM
Jun 2022
idk, but i just watched the first ep of megumin's spin-off and animations looks horrible imo, i hope they don't ruin the third season.
Apr 13, 2023 2:41 AM
Feb 2021
the spinoff looks good so far, so im not that worried
Apr 15, 2023 12:28 AM
Aug 2022
Oh man I got high hopes for a banger s3
May 6, 2023 7:41 AM
Dec 2020
ambza said:
i hope aqua still looks delicious

that's exactly the only concern I have
Read my name and think I care.
May 6, 2023 11:50 AM
Oct 2021
AunixHOT said:
They only have like 3 anime and all of them with bad animation and rated 6 or below

You mean they only have 3 that are 6 and below. Big difference
May 15, 2023 11:57 PM

Aug 2011
Not only if it's good but I hope they had fun making it because that's how I felt so much watching DEEN studios do Konosuba
Jun 21, 2023 5:55 PM
Mar 2015
AunixHOT said:

bro they did they konosuba spin off and to your Eternity s2 I have faith and they have more than 3 series they've done. ๐Ÿ™„ stop trying to stir the pot.
Jun 21, 2023 6:14 PM

Aug 2020
Sucks that a gem like Konosuba is passed around like a hot potato. We'll have faith. At least its not like One Punch Man's situation.
Keep scrolling
Jun 22, 2023 3:45 PM

Mar 2015
Venomouspsycho said:
AunixHOT said:

bro they did they konosuba spin off and to your Eternity s2 I have faith and they have more than 3 series they've done. ๐Ÿ™„ stop trying to stir the pot.

Bro, this thread was made way before the spinoff released. People were worried about that too. The spinoff seems to have been received well though, so hopefully that means this is good too.
Jun 24, 2023 7:08 PM
Jun 2016
guywithsmolfeet said:
I just hope that they don't change anything that much
just completed the megumin spinoff show which also animated by this studio and it is pretty good and so nothing to worry about. Check out the show you will know it
Jun 28, 2023 3:37 AM
Aug 2022
oh boy the millionth thread talking about the studio again

the spinoff was fine, no need to make a fuss about it smh
Aug 22, 2023 7:30 PM

Mar 2021
Let's be real I don't think konosuba will recapture its original charm. I have read enough spoilers to say people who are hyping it this much will get themselves disappointed. Even ln readers thought the ending wasn't good.

The spinoff was just bad. Full of filler. Everyone lost interest in it.

When konosuba aired it had less competition, was new of fresh air. Lightning doesn't strike twice, and newer fans aren't going to care unless you have something that breaks the internet.

A lot of lns have terrible later volumes since they don't plan that well ahead of them. This series is banking on false expectations
Aug 22, 2023 7:39 PM

Mar 2021
Kryk said:
Venomouspsycho said:

Bro, this thread was made way before the spinoff released. People were worried about that too. The spinoff seems to have been received well though, so hopefully that means this is good too.

This spinoff was almost universally panned. It was the 3rd most anticipated show on polls but fell out off top 10. Japan hated the spinoff it fell under 4 stars on Amazon ratings. Views were just terrible. The people praising are brain damaged reviewers like stark.

Konosuba had an massive drop in mal ratings after this spinoff.
Aug 23, 2023 1:36 AM

Mar 2015
icefirestone23 said:
Kryk said:

This spinoff was almost universally panned. It was the 3rd most anticipated show on polls but fell out off top 10. Japan hated the spinoff it fell under 4 stars on Amazon ratings. Views were just terrible. The people praising are brain damaged reviewers like stark.

Konosuba had an massive drop in mal ratings after this spinoff.

I hate when people respond to month old posts, but I'll bite.
Yeah after some time has passed it seems not many people liked it. However I can't help but wonder what people expected from a spin off that was made just to cash in on the most popular character, much like some of the manga that did the same.
It's as you said, people are setting themselves up for disappointment, but I'd apply that to more than just the next season. As much as I adore Konosuba, it isn't some thought provoking series worthy of high praise, and it never has been. For me the whole series has had ups and downs, from S2's wonky animation, to the movie I didn't really like, to the Isekai Quartet thing I stayed far away from.
I often forget it has a cohesive storyline and isn't just random adventures every episode.
(On a side note an Amazon rating means nothing to me. I've seen what people give 5 stars there)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5

98 by Sharri »»
10 minutes ago

» Is it just me or this series has been going downhill since season 2 ended? ( 1 2 )

Kitsune_089 - May 2

88 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 15

187 by Mwendell »»
Yesterday, 10:11 AM

» Dub?

TheHoodSenpai - Apr 22

15 by KiliianSleipnir »»
Yesterday, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

InfinityDude88 - May 29

86 by 1hTiM4M »»
Jun 5, 11:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.