Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 2, 2:48 PM

Jul 2017
How far has this series fallen off...
The megumin spinoff aswell, its just not funny anymore
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 2, 2:57 PM
Sep 2022
Maybe you just grew out of it? I myself still like it very much. Maybe it isn’t everyones cup of tea but thats alright :)
May 2, 2:57 PM
May 2021
yeah it’s just you
May 2, 3:01 PM
May 2021
Nah u r right still comedy isnt the same anymore, maybe am getting older fck knows lol.
May 2, 3:06 PM
Jul 2020
You'll always hear conflicting opinions. "You grew out of it" argument is best to be tested by re-watching s1 and s2.

I find this season funny but it does seem a bit different then the previous ones. That or I just don't remember older seasons well enough (granted I watched them few years ago).
May 2, 3:06 PM
Jun 2020
Yeah, it is just you. The best light novel part just started.
May 2, 3:09 PM

Jun 2021
wtf is up with all these hate threads for the new season
May 2, 3:22 PM
Jun 2020
mohamedo_abuduru said:
wtf is up with all these hate threads for the new season

Nothing is truly popular without people also hating it.
May 2, 3:22 PM
Jan 2023
I mean there is animation studio change between this season and the last 2. In terms of the Megumi spin-off, it had its moments of funny sequences, but felt like a far nor laid back series than the movie and the main story seasons. You could’ve easily just have grown out of the comedy as well, doesn’t suit your taste anymore. I believe that this season has indeed been still decently funny, especially that last episode.
May 2, 3:23 PM

Apr 2021
If by "going downhill", you mean "people on this site suddenly making a billion threads to shit on it"... Maybe.
May 2, 3:29 PM

Aug 2019
Kitsune_089 said:

It's just you.
The show is still funny as ever!
May 2, 3:29 PM

Sep 2018
Not one for megumin spinoff, but I love s3 so far. I gave konosuba movie a 10.
May 2, 3:31 PM
Nov 2023
Still peak, you just wanna be edgy. Nobody cares.
May 2, 3:40 PM
Mar 2021
Nah, it still makes me laugh hard.
May 2, 3:52 PM
Sep 2023
It's just you.👍
May 2, 4:13 PM
Aug 2022
I know what you mean but sadly I think it’s just us both changing over time. I think the show is still great but I just don’t find it as funny or that other indescribable feeling like I did years ago. Smh time.
May 2, 4:25 PM

Apr 2020
It's not just you.

But Im not buying the "just not funny anymore" - thing, people are saying.
It's hard stretching a gag-humor kind of Show like this. First season all the quirky fun was fresh, now it's old hat. That's pretty much it.
May 2, 5:12 PM
Dec 2022
Kitsune_089 said:

um, nah, it's just you, still one of the best isekais with peak comedy. you just don't get it, can't blame you boy.
May 2, 5:13 PM
Dec 2022
Yea, that's your take. KonoSuba is still as funny and peak as ever. It never gets old. I don't know if maybe your sense of humor is a bit off but oh well, you do you. If you don't find s3 funny as hell, then that's your loss sadly.
May 2, 5:20 PM
Aug 2021
just you (word limit)
May 2, 5:23 PM
Nov 2018
I have to agree also. It's still funny. It's not the Konosuba I remember. I understand Darkness situation while in the capital. She needs to act in a certain way to not dishonor her family. The other 3 are just not what I remember.
May 2, 6:11 PM
Jul 2023
Y’all are judging the show too harshly and expecting way too much for it to possibly be funny
Ur own mind is messing with ur sense of humor
May 2, 6:22 PM
Jun 2020
ye. comedy is subjective. so it's just you
May 2, 6:28 PM
Apr 2023
It’s still amazing for me
May 2, 6:40 PM
Jun 2020
I'm still watching videos of the last episode, those with Kazuma and Alderp's discussion and Kazuma harassing Chris. It was really funny.
May 2, 6:42 PM
Nov 2020
I still enjoy it maybe you just grew out of it
May 2, 7:00 PM
Oct 2017
Just you. Megumin spin-off was less good only because the whole group wasn't together, but season 3 is still the same konosuba.
May 2, 8:02 PM
Jun 2022
season 3 > season 2 > movie > season 1 = spin off
May 2, 8:49 PM
Aug 2023
You're the only one
May 2, 8:53 PM
Nov 2021
it was a rough start but I would never say "downhill" at all. the last 2 episodes with princess Iris were hilarious. also remember after season 2 as you say, it was the movie (maybe the funniest anime movie EVER)
May 2, 10:15 PM
Jun 2021
Despite the lack of action in the anime so far, I have always been drawn to its storytelling and the relationships between the characters. While the humor this season may be more subtle and driven by the voice acting, I still eagerly look forward to watching it every week. Even without an abundance of flashy sequences, the depth of the characters and their interactions keep me engaged and invested in the story.
May 2, 10:28 PM
Jul 2020
Downhill is a strong word, but I definitely feel like this season so far has been a "if they are shouting all the time it's funny" situation. I've rewatched the previous seasons and the movie and love them to this day, but the comedy from this season feels slightly off to me. Still love the gang though
May 2, 11:02 PM
Jul 2021
Opinion differs from people to people !! Realisation of the enjoyment also differs from the nature of the individuals according to the taste preference !! You may have been expecting something else which you mayn't get it !! Same goes with other persons !!
whatever ; I can't agree with your words fully as I am enjoying the episodes with great pleasure !! Movie was great too !!
May 2, 11:06 PM

Jan 2018
Don't worry. The series didn’t fall off. It’s just a "you" problem.
May 2, 11:19 PM

Jun 2023
yes. it's just YOU.
May 2, 11:56 PM
Apr 2018
these season is pretty fun.
May 3, 12:05 AM

Jan 2013
The spin-off doesn't even count, it's not part of this series, specifically. This right here is a prime example of a "you" problem.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 3, 12:06 AM

Apr 2021
no its not just you, its you and a few others. Plus if there are ppl who think this is bad, oh boy i cant wait when they actually adapt the mid volumes, if they do actually renew it for another season.
May 3, 12:09 AM
Apr 2020
It's definitely over playing the same gags like aqua's drunkenness to where it's not funny
May 3, 12:45 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
The megumin spinoff was definitely pretty weak but I disagree with your overall statement, the movie was great and I’m liking this season so far.
May 3, 2:05 AM
Dec 2017
Its a long time between seasons so your tastes can change pretty quickly. Expectations also keep building so you can only be disappointed after a while. I find it to be no different to the previous seasons. It's a good laugh.
May 3, 2:19 AM
Czech Pirate

Aug 2015
It's literally the exact same as it's always been. No idea what any of you are on about.
Anybody who complains about "wish fufilment" on this website should be pelted with rocks.
May 3, 9:19 AM
Sep 2020
Kitsune_089 said:

I agree with you too. it has funny moments but fallen off since season 2
May 3, 10:53 AM
Apr 2021
I really like the new season, super enjoyable but I haven't laughed at all yet compared to previous seasons.
May 3, 3:12 PM
Mar 2023
its just you my guy
May 3, 5:36 PM

Apr 2015
Haven't bothered with it since the Megumin spinoff.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
May 3, 6:19 PM

Oct 2014
Regardless of whether ya'll like this or not..

It is utterly inconceivable to say that this is still exactly the same it has always been..
Those of you who can't differentiate this 3rd season from, let's say, the first one, I'd recommend you to go rewatch it.
And if they're still the same... then the best course of action would just be to, carry on.

Personally, still liked the movie, but the spin-off was boring, and this is jarring.
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
May 3, 8:07 PM
Aug 2013
Reply to betaweeb
The megumin spinoff was definitely pretty weak but I disagree with your overall statement, the movie was great and I’m liking this season so far.
@betaweeb I don't know why people hate the spin-off
It is actually a prequel that shows her story. It was enjoyable; yes not as funny but it was an enjoyable slice of life.

People make it seem as if the spin-off is 0/10
May 3, 10:51 PM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
Reply to UaEfAlCoN83
@betaweeb I don't know why people hate the spin-off
It is actually a prequel that shows her story. It was enjoyable; yes not as funny but it was an enjoyable slice of life.

People make it seem as if the spin-off is 0/10
@UaEfAlCoN83 more power to you if you enjoyed it, but i thought it was just kind of boring and bland, not what i would want out of a konosuba spin-off and even as a slice of life fan i wasn't a big fan of it.

i also think some of the hate it gets is due to how it features maybe the most beloved character of the franchise as the main character and how it was the first konosuba project in some time and from the new studio, so having all these expectations and hopes surrounding it didn't do it any favors.

not a 0/10 for sure, but i rated it a 5, which is a fair score in my opinion for what it was.
May 3, 10:57 PM
May 2023
It's interesting that you ask that because, in preparation for the new season, I rewatched "Explosion", the first 2 seasons & OVAs of the main series as well as the "Legend of Crimson" movie & I have to say you're right. It is indeed just you. The "Konosuba" team has done a much better job with the series under JC Staff than they did under Studio Deen. Season 3 has been the best season so far. Though I think Season 4, whichever season Volume 12 is in, & the final season will top it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15

146 by godavid10 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8

150 by Meguahh »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zetjex - Mar 29

205 by Meguahh »»
2 hours ago

» Translations are lacking this season.

Dashiva761 - May 2

39 by Mystogan14579 »»
5 hours ago

» Seeing a lot of complaints over the humor

Yui_Suzumiya69 - Apr 13

39 by Merve2Love »»
Today, 2:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.