Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 13, 2022 5:49 AM

Dec 2020
intense as hellll. so booba lady can see a few seconds into the future? thats handy. and ofc "mother" had to be a loli LMAOO

im getting wayy attached to ushio man. even tho i know the "real" her is dead. even though thats just a shadow. but damn its hard not to like this girl
May 13, 2022 5:59 AM
Nov 2021
Loved the episode. Pacing feels good. I really like the transitions. Characters feel real and the story is enticing. Couldn't ask for much more. Probably the second best series this season behind SpyXFamily for me.

What is up with those horribly written reviews though? This cat_coffee review is probably the worst thing I've read in a while.
May 13, 2022 6:00 AM

May 2021
pasanoid said:
how so? I wouldn't mind a brief enlightenment if you are up for it

As of where the anime left off, Subaru doesn't treat death casually like he briefly did in S2 P1 due to his plummeting self-esteem and the belief that his life is worthless. Coz, y'know, in Re: Zero, the trauma from death is lasting.

May 13, 2022 6:11 AM

Mar 2015
RioFS said:
pasanoid said:
how so? I wouldn't mind a brief enlightenment if you are up for it

As of where the anime left off, Subaru doesn't treat death casually like he briefly did in S2 P1 due to his plummeting self-esteem and the belief that his life is worthless. Coz, y'know, in Re: Zero, the trauma from death is lasting.
yeah, but by having limited number of potential attempts 'renderer' raises the stakes quite a bit in comparison. its not about disliking the process of death or having some psychological trauma accumulate. here there is a strong fail condition and I prefer it this way
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
May 13, 2022 6:13 AM

May 2021
pasanoid said:
RioFS said:

yeah, but by having limited number of potential attempts 'renderer' raises the stakes quite a bit in comparison. its not about disliking the process of death or having some psychological trauma accumulate. here there is a strong fail condition and I prefer it this way

That's fine and I agree with you but I was talking about the fact that Subaru can't treat death casually.

May 13, 2022 6:27 AM

Jul 2016
Nagumo is author of Swampman book, Shinpei's favorite author. She seems like she knows various things regarding the shadows, and as she says, those information are from her sister. Shinpei finally got an informative and combative ally. ᕙ(@°▽°@)ᕗ

Shrine maiden? Shrine deity? She very much looks like Hanyuu but with white hair, inspired by Higurashi. (つ✧ω✧)つ

So that Ushio is really a shadow, as the other shadows say, and she even regenerated her broken arm. Also, as she punched the big shadow, her arm was shadow color. My guess of that Ushio is wrong about being the real one, because she didn't glitch when her arm got broken from the previous episode.✌.ʕʘ‿ʘʔ.✌
cronoSpirAMay 13, 2022 6:40 AM
May 13, 2022 6:43 AM

Oct 2016
Bro what the fuck, I thought I was only at the halfway point when the episode ended, fucking bullshit. Fantastic episode! That felt really climactic, and we're only at the 5th episode out of 25, Jesus. We we're probably given just the tip of what to expect when we reach the true climax.

That shadow's lines about the hero and demon lord was very raw.

Whatever the hell split personality shit is going on with Nagumo, I love it. She's also the author of that Swamp Man novel, really intrigued to know more about her. Nagumo Ryuunosuke is 100% a dude's name though.

Shinpei definitely needs to be even more careful now, cause if he fucks up and he loops back to a point after that fuck up, then it's over. Really looking forward to the next episode!
May 13, 2022 7:14 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Well that was hell of a way for things to turn out lol. So our glasses-clad big booba babe is named Nagumo, and we learned quite a bit from her after she saved Shinpei. So you can tell a shadow apart from a real person by stepping on their shadow? This oughta make things interesting lol, and the fact that the shadow they cast is the true form is cool too. And yeah, Ushio is definitely a confirmed shadow at this point, but a nice one, that punch she dished out was awesome lol, just in time for Shinpei to take a shotgun blast to the face so he can go back again, thank you Nagumo-sensei.

And wow, seeing the shadows’ final goal when they engulfed the island in shadow, “eating” everyone in the process is pretty messed up, and their “mother” was also revealed too, she definitely looks like a god or something with that look and bright red light, I can’t wait to see her get what’s coming to her by the end lol. And now Shinpei is back at square 1 once again, or actually a little further because we also learned his checkpoints are moving forward in time so some of his decisions are being set in stone, so now it’s literally a race against time, very cool, and nice Ushio ass shot at the end lol.

But that really was hell of an episode, I’m wondering if the pacing is gonna speed up from here or not, I just hope it manages to stay this good going forward. But for now I’m enjoying this a lot.
May 13, 2022 7:21 AM

May 2017
gurusensei said:
This episode seemed a bit poorly done, but I guess that's because I read the manga, otherwise everything seemed fine. Nice one, and the next loop starts lets goo

it felt unreal you mean? i read it too but i still felt my heart go doki doki
May 13, 2022 7:23 AM
Oct 2021
LustrousParadox said:
gurusensei said:
This episode seemed a bit poorly done, but I guess that's because I read the manga, otherwise everything seemed fine. Nice one, and the next loop starts lets goo

well it might also be because it was afternoon here so it's not as chilling as it would usually be at night:P
May 13, 2022 7:26 AM

May 2017
gurusensei said:
LustrousParadox said:

well it might also be because it was afternoon here so it's not as chilling as it would usually be at night:P

what kind of unhinged person watches a horror mystery anime at noon?
no offence
May 13, 2022 8:54 AM

Jan 2017
This went even more darker than I expected wew, except for the part where Mother is revealed kek

First order of business for Shinpei now is definitely to locate Ryunosuke asap, but what comes after that? The black goo is seriously OP
May 13, 2022 9:50 AM

May 2021
Great episode! The lady with the glasses, Ryunnosuke shot him after he told her he could loop and that mother person looks pretty dangerous...
Shinpei now has a new save point...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
May 13, 2022 10:12 AM
Jun 2019
Our heroes now have a chance since there is a way to tell the shadows from humans apart. Nice. So the body is nothing more than a vessel. No even less than a vessel, and the true body resides on the ground.
What we learned about shadows so far:
Shadows are hella strong
Shadows don’t feel pain
Shadows don’t die if they’re killed. Lol. They don’t die if you only “kill” the physical body.
To kill a shadow, you must “kill” the body’s shadow
The shadow of the physical body is the main body
Shadows don’t like being stepped on. What a loss.
Shadows scan humans with light and absorb their information
To survive, shadow must eat human data that they have scanned
The reason the shadow kill people is to feed on their data since the only for them to acquire the scanned data is to directly consume the subject
The shadow’s main goal is to awaken their “mother.”
Parent shadows exist; they’re upper class
Parent Shadows can fly
Parent shadows, can copy anything (when one copied Nagumo with her gun which could fire bullet.
Parent shadows can stretch
Mother needs tons of human corpses to awaken, and she loli. Of course she is.

What we learned about our heroes:
Nagumo seems to be able to slightly peek into the future (when she foresaw the shadow gun firing)
Shinpei looping ability stems from the his right eye which originated from “Mother”
Ushio can use armament haki. JK
Ushio’s looping ability has a limit. Whatever he sets his eye to is the new save point when he awakens. No more panty shots moving forward
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
May 13, 2022 10:35 AM

May 2020
that did not feel like 20 min
cant wait for the next eo

May 13, 2022 11:09 AM

Jul 2014
Well, that really escalated quickly, far beyond anything I thought we'd be shown this early into the story. My big complaint from last week was that we had absolutely no clue why the Shadows are killing everyone, but now we've got at least some idea (or enough to satisfy me for the time being): at its core, it's a predatory relationship, but some higher power (presumably "Mother") is controlling them to make them go way beyond that point. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but I can live with that for the time being. Especially after everything else that happened this episode.

I also really like that they've explained a bit more about how the looping works and used it to really heighten the stakes and draw away from some potential Re:ZERO comparisons like Shinpei treating his life with little regard to properly exploit the looping and get the outcome he wants (which is something Subaru suffers from here and there). However, while he does have three days until the Festival, it's perhaps fair to assume that he's in actuality got less time than that to save everyone, as there will surely be a point of no return before then (i.e. a point where the Shadows' plan is so far in motion that it can no longer be stopped).

My only nitpick would be that the big Shadow should've taken Shinpei's time-travel eye if he really wanted to "cut the power", as that would stop Shinpei from looping and hence ensure the Shadows' success. I guess we're supposed to run with that as a moment of overconfidence, which I can just about live with.
May 13, 2022 11:30 AM
Jul 2017
kataneer said:
shadow-kun knows Shinpei can travel back in time
but shadow-kun won't kill megane-chan or capture Shinpei
shadow-kun will wait till Shinpei and megane-chan are chatting with each other because why not
n i c e

Meh episode for me. First 4 were awesome, but this one feels like higurashi level of trash

You judge it too early.
May 13, 2022 5:25 PM

Jun 2015
Hmm... That's a brilliant handicap on Shinpei's ability. I love it. This way, we won't have "annoying" relentlessness of ReZero's Subaru.
May 13, 2022 6:11 PM
Jul 2018
I love how every time loop doesn't show exactly the same situation, they like show it in different way but still same situation. It gives more information to the audience.

I like the design of the new character. Can't wait for the next ep
May 13, 2022 7:37 PM

Feb 2018
the_slothes said:
kataneer said:
shadow-kun will wait till Shinpei and megane-chan are chatting with each other because why not
n i c e

Meh episode for me. First 4 were awesome, but this one feels like higurashi level of trash

You judge it too early.

Nice to hear. I'll wait for the explanation
May 13, 2022 8:04 PM

Feb 2021
So that Ushio is indeed a Shadow. The hot, busty gunwoman is THE novelist what?? God I hope Tokiko (and possibly Suo too) doesn't have anything to do with Shadow attack or worse yet get involved in Ushio's death.

Yet another banger episode.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

May 13, 2022 9:00 PM
Mar 2015
kataneer said:
n i c e

The reason why Shadow won't kill Nagumo is quite hard to explain with current information, but from Ep 5, we know that she know Mother's name so can assume that she has some sort of connection to Mother. Or it could simply be that the Shadow blue liquid was avoiding "eating" Shinpei cause he can loop, and Nagumo is just in the back of Shinpei so it missed Nagumo too, we kinda seen that Nagumo also got eaten later

Shinpei is already captured, he's tied up by the black goo (not to mention the broken arm)

The shadow was never going to let Shinpei loop at first, had Ushio not stepped in, they didn't expect that Ushio would come out of the black goo that the 4 arm shadow absorbed all the other Shadows in, including Ushio, kinda show that they don't have full control of her

If you're saying like, Shinpei and Nagumo talked for a while, Shadow could have just kill Nagumo faster, well the Shadow seem overconfident that he won, he can surely block/stop that bullet so there really no need to rush on his POV. And also it's an Anime, a bit of talking to build character and it doesn't hurt the plot

Yuu_77May 13, 2022 9:12 PM
May 14, 2022 2:26 AM

May 2015
What an episode. Feels like I saw the ending early! But this seems to be the bad ending. Shinpeis power apparently originally belonged to the lady that shadow leader called mother. I hope we can understand there deal soon. I also wonder how shinpei got the eye in the first place!
May 14, 2022 5:19 AM
Jun 2017
A very interesting episode as this time we are already seeing the Mother and her appearance cast shadows around the island.

now even i am interested to know, knowing now what they are dealing with, how can they solve this one, and also there is a limit in restarting...

very interesting story, and i am loving it
May 14, 2022 6:56 AM

Dec 2008

This show really has a run now, this episode was rather brutal when you take into account that the whole island was cleaned off humans that were celebrating the festival minutes before. That was the mother of bad ends, I was at the edge of my seat!

Good luck with solving that in the next loop. The big shadow blob looked actually invincible, I was scared. Ha I actually have no idea how to counter those villains.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2022 8:10 AM

Mar 2018
Having a lot of fun watching the mysteries of this anime unfold, especially with Nagumo-related things this episode.
May 14, 2022 9:38 AM

Dec 2013
ssaz said:
What is up with those horribly written reviews though? This cat_coffee review is probably the worst thing I've read in a while.

Pretty sure it's an alt account made to try and bolster season rankings. Account made right at the start of the season and reviews almost only airing shows. Gives spy party a 6 and this a 3. Then gives 8-9's to cute girl shows.
May 14, 2022 9:49 AM

Mar 2019
This is by far the wackiest most incoherent borderline stupid show I think I've ever seen, and I've seen future diaries, but even that had some semblance of a storyline. How is this show sitting above an 8?
May 14, 2022 10:07 AM

Dec 2013
Soviet_Yunyun93 said:
This is by far the wackiest most incoherent borderline stupid show I think I've ever seen, and I've seen future diaries, but even that had some semblance of a storyline. How is this show sitting above an 8?

Love to call a show wack and incoherent without giving even one example. This show has been honestly immaculate in production , direction and writing relative to what we normally get in this anime genre or even most anime.
May 14, 2022 10:11 AM

Mar 2019
thedryness said:
Soviet_Yunyun93 said:

Love to call a show wack and incoherent without giving even one example. This show has been honestly immaculate in production , direction and writing relative to what we normally get in this anime genre or even most anime.
Did we watch the same episode? Pretty sure the entire 30 minutes provided more than enough of an example. Felt like I was watching platinum end or something haha.
May 14, 2022 10:15 AM

Dec 2013
Soviet_Yunyun93 said:
thedryness said:

Did we watch the same episode? Pretty sure the entire 30 minutes provided more than enough of an example. Felt like I was watching platinum end or something haha.

Again. If you can't even give one example of how it's incoherent to make your case you are just trolling
May 14, 2022 10:20 AM

Mar 2019
thedryness said:
Soviet_Yunyun93 said:

Again. If you can't even give one example of how it's incoherent to make your case you are just trolling
I'll say it again because you clearly did not understand. Literally the entire episode was a fantastic example. Every single plot point shown withen the 25 minute runtime.I get it you're a die hard str stan ready to stand up to all criticism of the show and seem anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion as a troll but my opinion is that what I just watched was fucking stupid.
May 14, 2022 10:25 AM

Dec 2013
Soviet_Yunyun93 said:
thedryness said:

I'll say it again because you clearly did not understand. Literally the entire episode was a fantastic example. Every single plot point shown withen the 25 minute runtime.I get it you're a die hard str stan ready to stand up to all criticism of the show and seem anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion as a troll but my opinion is that what I just watched was fucking stupid.
saying a show is bad and continuing to reply in the thread with vague bashing of the show while refusing to have any actual discussions or bring up any points as to how or why you think it's bad. Is some cringe trolling, bro. why even bother posting.
May 14, 2022 10:31 AM

Mar 2019
thedryness said:
Soviet_Yunyun93 said:
saying a show is bad and continuing to reply in the thread with vague bashing of the show while refusing to have any actual discussions or bring up any points as to how or why you think it's bad. Is some cringe trolling, bro. why even bother posting.
Look buddy you've got your head way too far up your own ass. Only rating avant garde shows doesn't make you special. I've watched serial experiments lain and monogatari too you're not cool. Making the claim that this show is immaculate in production and writing is proof that you're trying way too hard because I didnt see it.
May 14, 2022 10:39 AM

Dec 2013
Soviet_Yunyun93 said:
thedryness said:
Look buddy you've got your head way too far up your own ass. Only rating avant garde shows doesn't make you special. I've watched serial experiments lain and monogatari too you're not cool. Making the claim that this show is immaculate in production and writing is proof that you're trying way too hard because I didnt see it.

Regardless of your vague attacks on my taste, (this show isnt avant garde, lol) I am legitimately curious what your issues with this show are. If you got time to reply 4 times you think you'd have the time to actually say something at all
May 14, 2022 10:52 AM

Mar 2019
thedryness said:
Soviet_Yunyun93 said:

Regardless of your vague attacks on my taste, (this show isnt avant garde, lol) I am legitimately curious what your issues with this show are. If you got time to reply 4 times you think you'd have the time to actually say something at all
You expect my to list specific critiques so that you can "umm actually" me? Nah I'm not playing that game mister smart guy. Like I said literally everything was dumb af so how about instead of being a hypocrite calling me out for trolling and not listing specific reasons why I have my valid opinion why dont you waste your time telling me what made this episode so exquisite in production and writing as you say? Take this as an opportunity to flex your toxic elitism and inflate your ego please.
May 14, 2022 11:06 AM

Dec 2013
Soviet_Yunyun93 said:
thedryness said:

You expect my to list specific critiques so that you can "umm actually" me? Nah I'm not playing that game mister smart guy. Like I said literally everything was dumb af so how about instead of being a hypocrite calling me out for trolling and not listing specific reasons why I have my valid opinion why dont you waste your time telling me what made this episode so exquisite in production and writing as you say? Take this as an opportunity to flex your toxic elitism and inflate your ego please.

Why go onto a forum to post "thing bad", if you will absolutely refuse to say why or how thing is bad.
May 14, 2022 11:20 AM

Mar 2019
thedryness said:
Soviet_Yunyun93 said:

Why go onto a forum to post "thing bad", if you will absolutely refuse to say why or how thing is bad.
Why go on a forum to post "immaculate in production and writing " and then not elaborate? Why even take the time to interject into my opinion? Do you see the vast hypocrisy here? It's very obvious the kind of anime watcher you are and I will say it again, you're not special or better than anyone else buddy.
May 14, 2022 11:23 AM
Nov 2011
havent feel this interested in a show in a while. so far keeps getting better each episode. love the shadow and the time sheaningans
May 14, 2022 12:05 PM
Aug 2021
it's one of the the best anime of this season ✅🎉it's hot suspence thriller lovable characters it's just amazing so far this ep was the best so much to process though that reset scence was predictable almost everyone swa that coming let's see what happens next i am eagerly waiting for ep 6 i am curious to see how shinpei can do to stop the mother 🤔
May 14, 2022 7:07 PM
Apr 2012
I'm enjoying the show but I'm not happy that the "mother" character is just a teenage -looking girl. Oooh she's licking her lips and glowing red soo scary oooooh. Miss me with that shit dude.
May 15, 2022 1:44 AM

Oct 2017
After watching ep5.
Yep this is REZERO summer edition alright.

An op unstoppable antagonist.
Check point moving forward
Protag kun suicide
Torture porn
May 15, 2022 1:46 AM

Oct 2017
TheMangaManiac said:
What an incredible episode... if the whole show will be like this, it's easily 8.5/9 out of 10.

I like that there are real stakes as in "save point moves forward". He can't jump back in time forever. This is something I always wondered about- what if MC of Re Zero, Groundhog Day, All you need is kill and other stories like this had an infinite amount of lives? What a bummer would be to find out that your next death is permanent lmao, better keep track of how many times you die and try to keep it lower than 99 or 100.

I mean RE Zero check point move forward too so if someone important died and his check point move forward it's too late too.

Like Rem's incident so far.
May 15, 2022 5:22 AM

Dec 2014
LustrousParadox said:
gurusensei said:

no offence

Isn't that what most people do? You actually watch spooky stuff at 1am?! x_x
May 15, 2022 7:26 AM

Oct 2020
The animation really seems pretty good
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
May 15, 2022 9:26 AM

Sep 2017
Wow Shinpei alive longer than I thought he would. You could nitpick that the big ass ground shadow was purposefully avoid Hizuru so that she'd live long enough to shoot him but whatever. At least they gave us a reason for why boss man shadow wasn't able to stop the shooting from happening. Definitely some interesting developments like Hizuru being able to see into the future - at least a little bit anyways.
May 15, 2022 10:51 AM
Jul 2020
Unlucky! I can't wait for the next episode.

May 16, 2022 3:24 AM

May 2011
Intense... Now we know the limit of his Return, he must make a progress before the time is up...
---------------
..and that credit tho.. in the first slide, i saw censored name there, wondering who it is...
AlsyathMay 16, 2022 3:27 AM
May 16, 2022 9:06 AM

May 2017
Musashi said:
LustrousParadox said:

no offence

Isn't that what most people do? You actually watch spooky stuff at 1am?! x_x

that's just how you should do it. anything mystery, horror psychological not only loses effect because of all the sounds happening during the day but the night makes everything seem different. will you really be afraid of that dark corner if theres light out? i don't understand people that watch horror during the day.
It's like.. listening to a song without headphones. sure its good, you can do it and its good. but you lose something if you dont use the proper material. like headphones or a sound system! to immerse yourself is to enjoy the medium. i cant stress enough how stupid it is to watch horror during the day. it defeats the entire purpose!
you lower the enjoyment of any horror if you watch it during the day because you are being show certainty with colours and light. with the darkness of night you are uncertain of your surroundings and fear can manifest easily which is the intentionality of horror. you come to be afraid and if you dont let it be frightening then you are literally manually making the show worse. its like the anime another. everyone fucking hates it. but people fail to realise that half the show is in the fucking sound! wear headphones at 1 am and its better. geez

if you cant feel uneasy at 1 am because it sucks then it sucks and you put it in dropped.

i dont know why this made me write all this.
ig maybe its because this dude is fucking unhinged wtf.
sorry
May 16, 2022 6:27 PM

Mar 2021
Omg, so I just watched episodes 1 to 5 back to back, its absolutely insane ! o-o
I didnt expected this, and not this fast !

Mindfuck and chills all the time, what is going oooon xD
I love it, and 25ep, so much more to come !
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

476 by DynaXam »»
Jun 11, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2022

82 by yusufonur98 »»
May 31, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2022

200 by jaesverse »»
May 24, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

124 by Lanz »»
May 23, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

122 by jaesverse »»
May 23, 7:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.