Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2022 10:18 AM
Sep 2016
Kazzeon said:
Azirith said:
Hi i need recommendations, anything is fine as long as its complete. Also anything from my plan to read is fine.

Akira, Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou, Boku dake ga inai machi, Can't see can't hear but love, Deadman Wonderland, Death Note, Elfen Lied (see profile pic), Fullmetal Alchemist. :)

Thank you! Now the hard part is choosing, haha.
Jan 12, 2022 12:58 PM

Mar 2016
Hey. Need a recommendation from an MRC Staff. Would prefer something psychological.

Jan 12, 2022 3:02 PM

Nov 2015
Does anyone have any recommendations for 96? :>
I'd be happy with anything that's finished publishing!
Jan 12, 2022 5:07 PM

Feb 2012
Hello, i need a manga recommendation from one staff member (item 95) and an manga with an symbol in the title for item 115. I'd rather have short manga for both of them. Thanks already :)
βœ– "i decided to walk alongside humanity" βœ–

Jan 12, 2022 7:53 PM

Jun 2007
Hello! I need a recommendation for #96. My list is here. I've been on a bit of a sports manga binge lately something along those lines would be fun (the more niche the sport, the better), but honestly I'll read pretty much anything that isn't a shoujo romance series. Thank you!
Jan 13, 2022 1:07 AM

Jun 2017
YurippeXD said:
Hello, i need a manga recommendation from one staff member (item 95) and an manga with an symbol in the title for item 115. I'd rather have short manga for both of them. Thanks already :)

Hi there!

For #95 maybe try one of these favorites of mine:
All You Need Is Kill
The Horizon
Suiiki

And here are a couple of options for #115:
Oya ga Urusai node Kouhai (♀) to Gisou Kekkon Shitemita.
Litchiβ˜†Hikari Club

☽ Anime List 〇 Manga List 〇 Challenges ☾
Jan 13, 2022 1:32 AM

Apr 2013
Ryunuosuke said:
Hey. Need a recommendation from an MRC Staff. Would prefer something psychological.

Heads, Dragon Head, Saikyou Densetsu Kurosawa, Ningen Shikkaku.

YurippeXD said:

Heads, All you need is kill, Solanin, Fujimi Lovers.
KazzeonJan 13, 2022 1:41 AM
Jan 13, 2022 5:23 AM

May 2021
Hiya!
I'd like recommendations for a manga with a vehicle on the cover (106) and from other readers (96).

For (106) please don't say Initial D because it's a bit on the longer side.
Anything Seinen/Shounen/Action/Psychological is good, and please also below 200 chapters.

Pls don't write animeS or mangaS >.< // + <50 man(g/hw/hu)a not in MAL. // Join my >manga club< here!

Jan 13, 2022 7:30 AM

Nov 2014
RaviDavi said:
Hiya!
I'd like recommendations for a manga with a vehicle on the cover (106) and from other readers (96).

Anything Seinen/Shounen/Action/Psychological is good, and please also below 200 chapters.

(106):
I haven't read Homunculus but I have heard good things and it sounds like it's what you're looking for
Kamisama ga Uso wo Tsuku is just seinen out of the things you're looking for, but a bit shorter
(96):
Billy Bat, long but interesting
Ayeshah's Secret, short and also interesting, really nice art
Yuusha Goikkou no Kaerimichi, even shorter, one of the best oneshots (imo)
Jan 13, 2022 7:55 AM

May 2021
fraideii said:
RaviDavi said:
Hiya!

(106):
I haven't read Homunculus but I have heard good things and it sounds like it's what you're looking for
Kamisama ga Uso wo Tsuku is just seinen out of the things you're looking for, but a bit shorter
(96):
Billy Bat, long but interesting
Ayeshah's Secret, short and also interesting, really nice art
Yuusha Goikkou no Kaerimichi, even shorter, one of the best oneshots (imo)

Thank you very much! I've got Kamisama ga Uso wo Tsuku in my PTR but I didn't see that thing in the background as a train haha! I'll check the rest out later as well :)

Pls don't write animeS or mangaS >.< // + <50 man(g/hw/hu)a not in MAL. // Join my >manga club< here!

Jan 13, 2022 9:54 AM

Nov 2019
Hello! I need a recommendation from a staff member. Anything is fine as long as it's completed.
Jan 13, 2022 11:33 AM

Jun 2017
Hirako179 said:
Hello! I need a recommendation from a staff member. Anything is fine as long as it's completed.

Hey there! Try one of these:

Shinkaigyo no Anko-san
Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso wo Kasaneru
Ayeshah's Secret
Inu x Boku SS
Nijigahara Holograph
Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan

Jan 13, 2022 11:40 AM

Nov 2019
-Absynthe- said:
Hirako179 said:

Hey there! Try one of these:

Shinkaigyo no Anko-san
Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso wo Kasaneru
Ayeshah's Secret
Inu x Boku SS
Nijigahara Holograph
Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan

Thank you very much! I'll check them out.
Jan 13, 2022 12:02 PM

Mar 2016
Kazzeon said:
Ryunuosuke said:

Looks interesting. Thanks, will check them them out. :)

Jan 13, 2022 12:31 PM

May 2020
If I am currently reading a manga (One Piece) can I use 5 volumes from the series even tho I’m in the middle of it right now or do they need to be started from the beginning?
Jan 13, 2022 2:28 PM

Apr 2013
sk8head said:
If I am currently reading a manga (One Piece) can I use 5 volumes from the series even tho I’m in the middle of it right now or do they need to be started from the beginning?

You can use any manga as long as you read at least the last 5 volumes in 2022, this means you can't just read 5 volumes in the middle.
Jan 13, 2022 6:44 PM

May 2020
Kazzeon said:
sk8head said:

You can use any manga as long as you read at least the last 5 volumes in 2022, this means you can't just read 5 volumes in the middle.

My mistake, I misread the rule. However I am a bit confused.

"You must read at least the last 5 volumes of the manga you choose to use for the challenge (if you're not reading it in its entirety) during the challenge period."

If you're reading the last 5 volumes of the manga, isn't that already reading it in its entirety?
Jan 13, 2022 11:10 PM

Apr 2020
About the dates, should I put the actual day I started/finished the manga or the day I updated it to my list? I started reading Psyren on Jan 6, but the day I submitted it reading to my manga list is Jan 7. I put the actual day - Jan 6 in the started: date, but I was wondering if I should change it to the day I submitted reading - Jan 7 instead.

Also a recommendation from a staff for #95 please (any finished manga with less than 100 chapters), thanks.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2022 11:46 PM

Apr 2013
sk8head said:
Kazzeon said:

My mistake, I misread the rule. However I am a bit confused.

"You must read at least the last 5 volumes of the manga you choose to use for the challenge (if you're not reading it in its entirety) during the challenge period."

If you're reading the last 5 volumes of the manga, isn't that already reading it in its entirety?

If you're not reading it in its entirety (during the challenge period).
To answer your question: Yes, but not for the purposes of the challenge.

-Kazuma_ said:
About the dates, should I put the actual day I started/finished the manga or the day I updated it to my list? I started reading Psyren on Jan 6, but the day I submitted it reading to my manga list is Jan 7. I put the actual day - Jan 6 in the started: date, but I was wondering if I should change it to the day I submitted reading - Jan 7 instead.

Also a recommendation from a staff for #95 please (any finished manga with less than 100 chapters), thanks.

The actual day you started/finished, if you know it. What you would put here.

Fujimi Lovers, Planetes, Parasyte, About Death, I sold my life for ten thousand yen per year, Kamisama no Iutoori.
Jan 14, 2022 3:19 AM

May 2017
Hello, I need manga recommendation.
I prefer something short, possible to buy in bookshop. Standalone or "complete edition" in one or two volumes. Anything without "gore" is fine.
Jan 14, 2022 4:08 AM

Apr 2013
MizuchiMari said:
Hello, I need manga recommendation.
I prefer something short, possible to buy in bookshop. Standalone or "complete edition" in one or two volumes. Anything without "gore" is fine.

Solanin (omnibus), Planetes (2 omnibus), Bunny Girl Senpai, Nijigahara Holograph.

I don't think I know a lot of short series available in bookstores.
Jan 14, 2022 4:20 AM

Apr 2020
Kazzeon said:
-Kazuma_ said:

The actual day you started/finished, if you know it. What you would put here.

Fujimi Lovers, Planetes, Parasyte, About Death, I sold my life for ten thousand yen per year, Kamisama no Iutoori.
Okay thanks, now I know. also another thanks for the recommendations
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2022 9:25 AM

Aug 2014
Hi!
I need help for item (26) Read a manga that is not ranked. Is there any (easy) way to find manga that is not ranked through the search engine? I can't seem to find any.

Jan 14, 2022 9:52 AM

Nov 2017
Rec for -Absynthe-'s Card

#98, 62, 122, 110, 99, 53

#22, 67, 111, 104, 70, 24

https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/MacchiaStella?status=2

Even better if they are on my PTW list either on MAL or Anilist

Like: romance/historical, romance/action, romance/adventure, horror, mystery, supernatural, suspense, psychological, josei, shoujo, girl's love, vampire, completed manga

Preference: not too short but not too long, preferably on my PTW list (MAL or anilist), preferably not an isekai

Dislike: Ecchi, hentai, harem, music, sports, mecha, extreme fan service, idol (unless it's really good comedy)
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Jan 14, 2022 10:20 AM

May 2021
gingermoon said:
Hi!
I need help for item (26) Read a manga that is not ranked. Is there any (easy) way to find manga that is not ranked through the search engine? I can't seem to find any.

Yeah just go to top manga then to the second page and manually edit the number to 16,000+. That far down none of them have a ranking, which is this link:

https://myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?limit=16000

Jan 14, 2022 11:13 AM

Aug 2014
So is this specific item for the score to be N/A and not the rank? Cause even farther than 20,000 they are still ranked, what they don't have is a score.
Jan 14, 2022 11:46 AM

May 2021
gingermoon said:
So is this specific item for the score to be N/A and not the rank? Cause even farther than 20,000 they are still ranked, what they don't have is a score.

Yeah, I think. It doesn't matter if it's got rank nr 16k or 18k or 20k if it all has a score N/A. It means less than 100 people have scored it (Not 100% sure but I guess so?), technically they have a score that's possible to be calculated but if a bunch of people spam 10s and 9s then it might end up with a score of 8 all of a sudden, which would be unfair.

(Ok last part wasn't really needed but why not)

Jan 14, 2022 11:58 AM

Jun 2017
MacchiaStella said:
Rec for -Absynthe-'s Card

#98, 62, 122, 110, 99, 53

#22, 67, 111, 104, 70, 24

https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/MacchiaStella?status=2

Even better if they are on my PTW list either on MAL or Anilist

Like: romance/historical, romance/action, romance/adventure, horror, mystery, supernatural, suspense, psychological, josei, shoujo, girl's love, vampire, completed manga

Preference: not too short but not too long, preferably on my PTW list (MAL or anilist), preferably not an isekai

Dislike: Ecchi, hentai, harem, music, sports, mecha, extreme fan service, idol (unless it's really good comedy)

#62: Imawa no Kuni no Alice or All You Need Is Kill

#110: Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso wo Kasaneru or The Horizon - 2021 badges by AyuMItsuki

#99: Prism - recommended to Yagate Kimi ni Naru

#70: Orange

#24: Bastard

Here are a few recs for some of your items, however, part of the fun of the challenge is hunting for new things to read. So maybe take some time to go through your favorite tags and pick the titles that catch your eye!

Jan 14, 2022 12:01 PM

Jun 2017
gingermoon said:
Hi!

Hi there!

For (26) the manga needs to say "Ranked N/A". This is unrelated to the score. Most ecchi, erotica and hentai manga are unranked so an easy option would be to select those when searching. However there may still be some ranked manga in there so make sure to check before you start reading.

Jan 14, 2022 12:24 PM

Aug 2014
Alright, I'll see what I can find. Thank you both~
Jan 14, 2022 1:37 PM

Mar 2014
(96) Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread.

Could I get a rec please, anything but romance

(3) Read a doujinshi based on a series you've read.

Could someone help me out with some general examples of this I have no idea
Jan 14, 2022 2:00 PM

May 2021
Shuichi2 said:
(96) Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread.

For (96):
https://myanimelist.net/manga/8586/The_Breaker
https://myanimelist.net/manga/142/Battle_Royale
https://myanimelist.net/manga/115746/Shinai_naru_Boku_e_Satsui_wo_Komete
https://myanimelist.net/manga/55455/Birdmen
https://myanimelist.net/manga/1344/Kirihito_Sanka
https://myanimelist.net/manga/130639/Mosquito_War
https://myanimelist.net/manga/114754/Yuusha_Goikkou_no_Kaerimichi
https://myanimelist.net/manga/8254/Asklepios
https://myanimelist.net/manga/37503/Igyoujin_Oniwakamaru
https://myanimelist.net/manga/20647/Thermae_Romae

as for (3), idk because I picked a card that doesn't have it.

Jan 14, 2022 3:02 PM
Jul 2018
Hey! I don't participate officially because it sounds too stressful for me, and I do it on my own, but I hope I can still ask omething here :)
I now have to do 109, and I wanted to ask if any of you recognize what manga are used in -Absynthe-'s badges. especially in these:

thank you very much!
Jan 14, 2022 5:02 PM

Oct 2011
Shuichi2 said:

So I think for doujinshi, if you go to the Manga tab -> advanced search, you can filter by type and pick "doujinshi." Here's what I got just looking at all completed doujinshi. (I excluded hentai and erotica as well for this example.)

So then a more specific example: someone could read Kimi wa Natsu no Naka dj. It's a doujin sequel to the mangaka's Kimi wa Natsu no Naka (which I've read and really like!) Whichever doujinshi you pick, you'd have to make sure you'd read the main series first.

Does this help?
SnakeringJan 14, 2022 5:44 PM
Jan 14, 2022 7:41 PM

Feb 2012
-Absynthe- said:
YurippeXD said:

Hi there!

For #95 maybe try one of these favorites of mine:
All You Need Is Kill
The Horizon
Suiiki

And here are a couple of options for #115:
Oya ga Urusai node Kouhai (♀) to Gisou Kekkon Shitemita.
Litchiβ˜†Hikari Club

Kazzeon said:
Ryunuosuke said:

YurippeXD said:

Heads, All you need is kill, Solanin, Fujimi Lovers.

Thanks for the help, i'll check them out :)
βœ– "i decided to walk alongside humanity" βœ–

Jan 14, 2022 11:42 PM

Apr 2013
jjjhggg said:
Hey! I don't participate officially because it sounds too stressful for me, and I do it on my own, but I hope I can still ask omething here :)
I now have to do 109, and I wanted to ask if any of you recognize what manga are used in -Absynthe-'s badges. especially in these:

thank you very much!

I only know Tsurebito for these ones.

Shuichi2 said:

A doujinshi is basically like an unofficial manga based on something (not necessarily).
So, like this https://myanimelist.net/manga/40281/Sword_Art_Online_dj_-_Lisbeth_Edition, https://myanimelist.net/manga/118326/Aho_Girl_dj_-_Tenshi_Girl, https://myanimelist.net/manga/30257/RKGKMDK.
KazzeonJan 14, 2022 11:46 PM
Jan 15, 2022 2:10 AM

May 2021
I'm looking for a recommendation for item 95 (Read a manga recommended by any MRC staff)

I'd prefer any series that's finished and under 100 chapters, also w/o any of the explicit tags (ecchi, erotica, hentai), please!

Jan 15, 2022 2:36 AM

Apr 2013
willowlywillow said:
I'm looking for a recommendation for item 95 (Read a manga recommended by any MRC staff)

I'd prefer any series that's finished and under 100 chapters, also w/o any of the explicit tags (ecchi, erotica, hentai), please!

Planetes, Fujimi Lovers, Parasyte, Saikyou Densetsu Kurosawa, Hoshi no Samidare, Prunus Girl, Omoide Emanon.
Jan 15, 2022 6:41 AM

Jul 2016
Badges I made for me and my bestie but Ill dump here just cause
Participant
 [img]https://i.imgur.com/lBbPTkd.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/0TYiIiJ.png[/img] 

Completed
 [img]https://i.imgur.com/wF0MPkO.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Vhhjy9k.png[/img]

Previews
Jan 15, 2022 7:19 AM

Mar 2014
@RaviDavi @Frostwork

Thanks for the recs some really interesting sounding ones there ^^

@Snakering @Kazzeon

Thanks that makes sense, I thought they were unofficial/fan made which is why I usually ignore them (and didn't expect them to be on mal)
Jan 15, 2022 10:19 AM

Dec 2013
Could someone give me some recommendations for (96), please? :D

Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread.

Thanks!!
Jan 15, 2022 1:48 PM
#borntoboil

Jan 2021
anyone gor a recommendation for #96?

i'd like anything, but please can it be finished? thanks
is it really worf to put things in here like nobody reads these

discord ~ ganjimex

Jan 15, 2022 2:30 PM

Feb 2018
made a few banners for mrc'22 @MRC_mod

β—γ€€γ€€β—γ€€γ€€β˜…γ€€γ€€
Jan 15, 2022 10:13 PM

Apr 2013
Katsura said:
Could someone give me some recommendations for (96), please? :D

Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread.

Thanks!!

I'll go for some random good stuff.
Black Cat, Shigeshoushi, Ai-Ren, Kimi ni Shika Kikoenai, Sakuranbo Syndrome II.

GanjiMEX said:
anyone gor a recommendation for #96?

i'd like anything, but please can it be finished? thanks

Voynich Hotel, Kodomo wa Wakatte Agenai, Houshin Engi, Apollo no Uta, Usagi Drop.

arderine said:
made a few banners for mrc'22 @MRC_mod

Thanks!
Jan 15, 2022 11:21 PM

Jun 2015
Hello~
I have a question.

About the order for reading the items on one line.

For example, Kazzeon's Card, frist line have the items: 31,126,5 etc.
I have to read it in that order or a I can read it in the order I want, for example, item 126 first, then 31, etc.

I hope I dont be too confuse
Thanks~

Jan 15, 2022 11:38 PM

Apr 2013
Onodera_Riku said:
Hello~
I have a question.

I have to read it in that order or a I can read it in the order I want, for example, item 126 first, then 31, etc.

Thanks~

Any order you want!
Jan 15, 2022 11:44 PM

Jun 2015
Kazzeon said:
Onodera_Riku said:
Hello~
I have a question.

Thanks~

Any order you want!

Thank you very much :D

Jan 16, 2022 8:31 AM

Jan 2018
Hi, I need a recommendation for item #96, I'm open to anything, but something on the shorter side would be ideal
Jan 16, 2022 10:28 AM

Jun 2017
jjjhggg said:

thank you very much!

Hi there! Those badges are from:
- Abara
- Nigeru Otoko
- Tsurebito

Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MRC_mod - Jan 20

175 by nerfsunny »»
42 minutes ago

» Help Finding Two Different Hentai Doujinshi

Waiting4theW0rms - 51 minutes ago

0 by Waiting4theW0rms »»
51 minutes ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

409 by Strymoon »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1091 by Bogard087 »»
Today, 5:14 AM

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

31 by ColdBlackTeaFan »»
Today, 1:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.