Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 22, 2021 6:40 PM

Dec 2020
I had a nice ending and I was not disappointed at all. I liked watching him. I'm waiting for season 2 :)
Sep 22, 2021 7:59 PM
Oct 2019
Without even reading the manga i know this show cut out a ton of content but it still is a pretty good show. Looking foward to season 2
Sep 22, 2021 9:59 PM

Sep 2020
this series was one of the underrated shows of the season(maybe most)
they skipped some parts but they have their own reasons and just side shows so np
i really enjoyed it and looking forward for s2 with more budget and episode
Sep 22, 2021 10:22 PM
Jul 2021
i have to say the manga better in term of content.

( its fine to cut those 2 heroes they are waste of time so im glad they cut it here ).

its understand able the studio cannot fit everything in every episode.

maybe the studio need to follow white fox to cut down the opening and ed song to fit more content

because we talk about "Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu" here one of the most thick story telling novel series.

even if we get season 2 that mean we stuck at academy arc then.
RedCobra75Sep 22, 2021 10:41 PM
Sep 23, 2021 12:37 AM

Apr 2020
GhostCow said:
ZER0PT said:
It was a good watch but nothing really special about it imo.
I do like the two main girls designs a lot though. 7/10.

That is what is special about it. How many anime that have nothing special about them would get a 7/10 from you? Probably none. I agree that there's nothing special about it and it was 9/10 for me. Fantastic anime.

Wha...? LOL
7/10 is the rate I give to anime that are good but they don't stand out like this one.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Sep 23, 2021 2:14 AM

Oct 2016
LET'S FUCKING GO, SEASON 2 IS ANNOUNCED!

Makoto's fight with Sophia and Mitsurugi was great. Wait though, does that mean Makoto's curse of not being able to communicate with hyumans permanently gone now? That'd be nice. Makoto using the bow is always so sick. He just casually killed a lot of people though lmao, like master like servants.

Nice to see that Eris has found her purpose of exceptional marketing lmao, that was hilarious how they were all marketing. Really can't wait for the second season, gonna miss Mio, Tomoe and everyone else. Though I'll probably read the manga at some point, I'd rather read the LN but I don't have the time. 8.5/10
Sep 23, 2021 2:18 AM
Jul 2017
I don't wanna be that person but it's blatantly obvious, but this is a totally rushed episode, more so than the rest of episodes of the season. & yes, not to be that person again, but MANGA IS WAY WAY WAY BETTER. In the manga, the story get a full scopes of this campaign, both 3 isekaid characters get a proper portions of scenes, while Makoto's fight with Sofia & Mitsurugi is far more brutal. I think there should be one full episode dedicated to Hibiki POV, down to the war campaign. then we get the finale is where Makoto fight halfway in cliffhanger where Sofia used the Anti-Goddess blessing ring.

This rushed job really makes me worried if we ever gonna get another season. Because from a anime watchers only perspectives, I could totally see the episode being worse & confusing. the audiences don't even understand the context of the war. Will we ever gonna get a the POV episodes of Hibiki & Tomoki if this anime get season 2??

This is why I really applaud 8bit (Tensura) & Studio Bind (Mushoku Tensei) for patiently adapting the series stories part by part, even down to the long dialogues & filler moments. It's way more satisfying & worth it than a rush jobs in the long run.

In any case, I have full confidence that Tensura will get more seasons since season 1 but I could not say the same with Tsukimichi, even though I like this series LN much more...
Sep 23, 2021 2:58 AM
Mar 2021
absolutely a mess of a show tonally, but I enjoyed almost every episode a lot, and the tonal whiplash was kind of hilarious in and of itself.

I have given the series a 7 though it probably only deserves a 6, because Tomoe and Mio are godly, the OP and ED are all-timers, and it just has a vibe that I really like. I should hate it because it's not that much different, but because the MC is pretty overpowered but in a way where he has no idea what the fuck is going on, it's kinda chill, the action scenes are low stress because he's gonna take off a ring at some point, and sure enough in the final episode he took off a whole handful...and gravely miscalculated, becoming an accidental mass-murderer. which he realized, and has just filed into the "Don't Think About It Too Much" cabinet. I worry about that boy sometimes. again, he had to remind himself that it's sad when people/animals die.

also it's pretty odd how uncomfortable he remains with thinking about Tomoe and Mio in a sexual way. I feel like he kinda simultaneously sees them as sisters/problem children to wrangle/still remembers they're kinda also monsters. but still, it's a little curious. Sometimes he just does or thinks very ...off things and I wonder how intentional that is.
Sep 23, 2021 4:38 AM
Jan 2014
Was never a manga reader on most animes before, but now as I become one of those people, let's just say that I get it now.
It's a little bit disappointing for me to see the tone/emotion gone, it's quite dark in the manga but here it's a little bit fluffy if that makes sense.

There were skipped content, but that's fine as it's just 12 episodes.
Overall, quite happy with the season. Looking forward to the next one
Sep 23, 2021 4:48 AM

May 2019
A little surprised by other people's opinions on this anime.

I thought it was sub-par and I gave it a 6/10 being super generous. Not the worst but certainly nothing to write home about, I'd recommend many other isekai before this one.

People rating it 9/10 though? wtf did i miss something
Sep 23, 2021 7:40 AM
Jan 2021
A second season announced already. Let's god damn goooo!
Sep 23, 2021 8:14 AM
Mar 2016
Now this is how a good manga adaptation looks like for an isekai series! Unlike most recently adapted mangas I've been reading, which had annoying aspects or glaring flaws (death march, slime (unpopular opinion!!!), ... ), this series manages to do at least "good enough" in every aspect, while putting on an enjoyable show, so well done C2C! Would have loved a bit slower pacing towards the end, but other than that, I basically have zero complaints. Looking forward to the next season.
Sep 23, 2021 8:51 AM

Sep 2015
I'm giving this a 8/10 simply because of the fan service it offered, the dialogues were hilarious too, and not typical, there aren't really any simplistic questions in mind from the protagonist.

However the transitioins to scenes did feel random and sudden at times.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 23, 2021 1:20 PM

Mar 2010
I FUCKING LOVE THIS SHOW... but yea holy shit noooo why is it ending? damn hurry the fack up season 2 haha, but yea the entire episode was perfection what else did i expect? ;) damn Imma miss Mio :c

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 23, 2021 6:09 PM

Apr 2015
The STUPIDITY of the first part of this episode brought down the overall score of the series for me. There had to be a better way for them to fight instead of COUNTINUOUSLY DUMB MISUNDERSTANDINGS!!! My mouth felt filthy from the amount of cuss words I used while watching this, and cussing is my normal speech.

Ah, well. But over all, I kinda looked forward to this every week. I didn't dislike it. Mostly. Compared to most of this season, I'd be interested in watching a second cour.
Sep 24, 2021 5:36 AM
Mar 2012
Man that epic scale, Mikoto fights like a disaster class monster, needs to learn efficiency, tactics & new magic tho. Nice Tsige store opening.
Pretty straightforward mostly-funny show on the whole, at times surprises with that animation quality.
Sep 24, 2021 8:04 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I really enjoyed this series and the fight in this last episode makes it even better.
I mean, even the sound effects of the magic our Waka-sama shoot of him is amazing. Mio seems to get jealous as always when a said "daughter" shows up.
Looking forward to next season. Going to hit the web novel as soon as I can.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Sep 24, 2021 9:07 AM
Dec 2018
Zorizka said:
I don't wanna be that person but it's blatantly obvious, but this is a totally rushed episode, more so than the rest of episodes of the season. & yes, not to be that person again, but MANGA IS WAY WAY WAY BETTER. In the manga, the story get a full scopes of this campaign, both 3 isekaid characters get a proper portions of scenes, while Makoto's fight with Sofia & Mitsurugi is far more brutal. I think there should be one full episode dedicated to Hibiki POV, down to the war campaign. then we get the finale is where Makoto fight halfway in cliffhanger where Sofia used the Anti-Goddess blessing ring.

This rushed job really makes me worried if we ever gonna get another season. Because from a anime watchers only perspectives, I could totally see the episode being worse & confusing. the audiences don't even understand the context of the war. Will we ever gonna get a the POV episodes of Hibiki & Tomoki if this anime get season 2??

This is why I really applaud 8bit (Tensura) & Studio Bind (Mushoku Tensei) for patiently adapting the series stories part by part, even down to the long dialogues & filler moments. It's way more satisfying & worth it than a rush jobs in the long run.

In any case, I have full confidence that Tensura will get more seasons since season 1 but I could not say the same with Tsukimichi, even though I like this series LN much more...

BRUH moment. A second season was already announced:

https://myanimelist.net/news/64467618

And yes, please don't be that person. I'm not seeing in the forums those kind of complains from anime-only people basically because we don't even know those names you mention. Probably the heroes? It's OBVIOUS they will be introduced later as explained by the narration voice of Makoto.

If they had been introduced, now THAT would have been rushed as there wasn't enough time to properly get to their background stories. Adaptations usually can't follow the source material structure 1:1 due to the different format.

I'm glad they left them out this season. I think it worked out well for the time limitations of a 12 episodes anime.
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Sep 24, 2021 9:35 AM

Oct 2008
The fight was pretty epic, I'm glad he got a chance to get serious with his magic. Really liked this series, so glad to see it get a second season announcement right away.
Sep 24, 2021 10:05 AM

May 2015
It was entertaining enough but not really something I could get attached to. Some ideas were fine but overall I don't see anything special or any characters that I would care about. Probably won't watch the second season. 6/10
Sep 24, 2021 11:02 AM
Dec 2011
The humour killed the seriousness of anything that happened.
Sep 24, 2021 2:31 PM

Nov 2014
I really need to stop judging things by cover. I nearly missed such a gem.
This anime really surprised me tbh. At first I thought it's total parody with KonoSuba vibes, but then we had some blood and killing, actual fights. I'm happy with how it turned out, tho I'd prefer more Mio :)
Can't wait for S2!
Sep 24, 2021 2:53 PM

Apr 2014
I just had to do this after watching the episode. It pretty much sums up the fight between the Dragon Slayer and Lancer vs Makoto:
Sep 24, 2021 10:33 PM
Jun 2021
yo iam of the confusion. What happened to makato when the humans went and killed people. Did he kill that girl? Or was that her memory or what? I know it got a little bit explained but iam still confused
Sep 25, 2021 1:42 AM

Oct 2008
oh goddamn friggin' sakuga confrontation with Makoto versus Mitsurugi & Sofia Bulga!
so that why a lot are saying so much hype this particular episode...damn! they were right!!!
anywayz looks like there are other yuusha 2 more that Makoto has not yet met huh...
S2 has been announced so let get ready for the ride in the future! lolz
5/5.
8/10.

Sep 25, 2021 5:53 AM
Jun 2007
Finally Makoto is in unleashed form!
Sep 25, 2021 9:43 AM

Sep 2007
As an anime-only watcher but hearing all the confusion the previous episode from manga-readers that "omg they did a time skip"

This was a decent episode. I mean....if I wonder too much about "why/who the heck the humans were that "decided to team up with demons.' " and what in the world was the goddess' intention in throwing Makoto in the middle of the battlefield....I'd get a huge headache.

But at face value the ep was fine and I am curious enough that I'd look into the second season....if I remember to...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Sep 28, 2021 1:11 AM

Nov 2016
good ending, and thankfully they skipped the other heroes instead of shining what little light they wouldve had.

while i dont remember the parts they skipped out i feel it does well enough as a standalone without having to read the manga (reread, i often forget stuff). in the manga after this part, things do become very boring IMHO...
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Sep 28, 2021 2:52 PM
Jul 2021
Tsukimichi's anime adaptation was sourced from volumes 1 - 4 but they skipped half of vol4 to climax at the end of season 1 without telling the beginning of the war.

I'm afraid 2nd season will do the same by skipping an important part just to climax.

only with 12 episodes will not be enough to tell tsukimichi in the next season.

need 6 - 7 volumes to reach the climax in the next season.

My thoughts about the anime:

- the pace of the story is very fast, not satisfying.
Example :
Did you realize that the knife that Toa was looking for was the knife that Makoto used to cut down trees in ep2.

and also why did the shaman curse the rembrant family? they make rembrant look suspicious without explaining what happened.

- Shiki's voice in lich form is great but when he transforms into a human it doesn't sound right.

- there are some really bad fight scenes where when mitsurugi's sword prevents makoto from escaping the war.
Oct 2, 2021 1:02 AM

Feb 2020
Good anime, even though it started out like the usual harem tropes. It did put effort in world building and characterisation. It pretty similar to slime, though it couldn't reach the heights of slime level story telling. It was pretty good and enjoyable in it own way.
Overall I like it very much and will be eagerly waiting for the sequal.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Oct 4, 2021 8:44 AM

Jan 2014
the fight are what drawn me to watch this anime.

Sofia and Mitsurugi are sure getting ahead of theirself when faced that level of magic though, and they still think they could win against him, what a joke.

since Kuzunoha already at the level of God, I thought he's gonna get back to that stupid Goddess and get a revenge against her.

Kuzunoha gains another title, the Red Magician.
Oct 5, 2021 2:30 AM

Jul 2016
sKyBlazer08 said:

Makoto's fight with Sophia and Mitsurugi was great. Wait though, does that mean Makoto's curse of not being able to communicate with hyumans permanently gone now? That'd be nice. Makoto using the bow is always so sick. He just casually killed a lot of people though lmao, like master like servants.

Nice to see that Eris has found her purpose of exceptional marketing lmao, that was hilarious how they were all marketing. Really can't wait for the second season, gonna miss Mio, Tomoe and everyone else. Though I'll probably read the manga at some point, I'd rather read the LN but I don't have the time. 8.5/10

When will season 2 air?
Oct 5, 2021 2:52 AM

Oct 2016
Vindicater said:
sKyBlazer08 said:

When will season 2 air?

There's no release date yet. But a second season has been announced.
Oct 6, 2021 1:54 PM

Nov 2013
It was All right I guess.

Will probably skip season 2.
Oct 6, 2021 7:23 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, this ended up much better than i thought!
I am honestly glad that we will have a 2S, since there is so much that we didn't get answered.
Can't wait to see how more OP can the MC get xD
8/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 7, 2021 1:33 AM

Apr 2009
Awesome fight, I wish every effin' episode is like this! Uchine huh? Apparently they're Japanese throwing arrows/darts, good to know! It seems to be stronger than Sofia's sword even in melee, or maybe that was his mana?

So Sofia Bulga Level 920 Dragonslayer-who-did-not-actually-slay-any-dragon-but-probably-made-a-contract-with-the-"slain"-dragon sided with the demons huh? I wish she or that big-headed (as Shin/Tomoe calls him) Lancer now known as Mitsurugi would have explained why but I guess we have no more time.

He lost consciousness and somehow is back in the demiplane. OK, fine! We got little Tomoe Fragment back but it's another unique Fragment and not the one we lost, though this time it might really be his and Tomoe's child as little Komoe is a product of both Makoto and Tomoe's mana..."Papa-sama!!" Awww. Mio's bullying Komoe. LOL

Goddess's third disciple wearing a red cape? Oh gods, if they only know! So maybe the other two disciples are those Makoto mentioned as the two isekaid heroes?

So more bow practice huh? More mana increase approaching godhood? I thought we were suppose to be avoiding that. He'll be wearing full plate armor channeling his mana into a reservoir like the damned sea or ocean next time! Or maybe he should do how Tsunade is storing her chakra in Naruto?

It was rushing near the end but it was better than I expected after all. Though I have even more questions now, looking forward to Season 2. 8/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 1, 2021 1:28 PM
Nov 2020
AMAZING, GREAT, INTERESTING

These are some of the words I had in my mind while watching this anime. I was genuinely excited every time I was thinking about watching an episode. The OP is just the best I have listened to in a long time. The story is interesting, the protagonist is smart and not a Gary Stu. The narrative was kinda boring sometimes, but not that much, the characters where always really fitting to the story, no one felt like a boring character and no one felt artificial and unorganic. Kuzunoha was amazing, the waifus were top tier, and I am expecting a second season out of this. 9/10
Nov 12, 2021 11:16 AM

Jan 2021
What a journey this has been!! Unconventional MC, excellent humour, worldbuilding, cute waifus and dark elements as well, this show is just a combo of all the isekai tropes possible with brilliant execution!! 9/10 from my side

Can't wait for S2...

Nov 16, 2021 5:46 PM

Oct 2019
Questions after watching the finale:

If Makoto is "Goddess' third disciple" are his parents the first two disciples or the other two heroes we saw at the end?

At first Mitsurugi and Sophia thought that Makoto was a lackey of the goddess but when they realized he was much stronger than they thought they (correctly) hypothesized that he was probably 'cursed' by the goddess, but they did not elaborate. What on Earth did that mean? I thought the goddess cursed Makoto because she thought he was ugly. Does the goddess curse people because they are strong (Grants?) or does the cursing itself somehow give them very high power?

Were Mitsurugi and Sophia also cursed by the goddess? If Makoto did not have his mana rings he would probably have been defeated. *

Are the two 'heroes' we saw at the end replacements of Makoto or are they meant to complement him?

And, of course, the No1 question : did the goddess teleport Makoto into the battlefield in order to stop the demons or to have the demons kill him because she was worried about his increasing power? Shiki assumed it was the former, but I think it was the latter. Either way it was probably a win win for the goddess. If Makoto was slain one less 'ugly' person would exist in her empty and shallow world; if he stopped the demons he would protect or reduce the casualties of her precious beautiful hyumans.

Last but not least, something that was also left unclear : were the demons and hyumans casualties that were mentioned toward the end a result of Makoto's massive mana release, a result of an ensuing battle or both?

A somewhat rushed ending with too many open questions. I know, they are meant to be resolved in the next cour / season. Probably.

*Makoto's "low mana release at the same time" that was mentioned at the end also contradicted an earlier plot point about extreme, to an unnatural degree, mana release, which keeps on increasing. If Makoto's mana release is low then why on Earth does he need the rings to contain it? That one is not a question, it is a glaring plot contradiction in the form of a silly plot device used as an additional excuse to send him to the academy. Makoto can release both high and low mana at the same time, depending on the needs of the plot.
SharpedonNov 16, 2021 5:55 PM
Nov 23, 2021 10:46 AM
Jan 2013
I liked to see the subtle shift from the full-on comedy at the beginning to darker tones and more serious fighting.
He did start in the middle of nowhere with lots of wimps around.
I expect the second season to be even more interesting both in terms of world-building and action! So far, so good.
Dec 1, 2021 9:01 AM

Nov 2012
Mio is so cute! Cant wait to see her again in season 2!
Dec 13, 2021 6:16 PM
Apr 2019
The manga gave an entirely different feel than this show. It was more serious and dramatic, everything in the anime is comedic and stupid. The director for the anime is trash making this original story into something pathetic and repetitive.
Dec 30, 2021 1:47 PM

Mar 2013
He casualy nuked them, nothing personal kid
Jan 4, 2022 12:13 AM
Oct 2021
"You know how that one ring exploded and killed mini-me?
Well, to be on the safe side, I made another mini-me, this time there's one of those bomb-rings inside of her!"

Sasuga, Tomoe-sama!
Jan 16, 2022 3:47 AM

Nov 2019
Good animation, but very uneven in pretty much all other respects.
Jan 19, 2022 9:07 AM

Dec 2008
Well im glad theres a 2nd season on the way. Theres so many greatshow rhat never get a proper sequel continuation or closure.....I am soooo stoooked! 8/10
Jan 19, 2022 2:22 PM

Aug 2017
I enjoyed this anime more than Slime even if its more comedy oriented. Slime has more memorable characters but worst animation and pacing. Also, its better since it doesn't take seriously for the most part.

I'm going to wait for S2. 7/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 29, 2022 11:00 AM
Oct 2017
Ahh season 2 I am so looking forward too also I love Mio and Tomoe characters
Apr 1, 2022 4:32 AM

Oct 2019
I pick this up thinking this going to be a weak mc struggling, but actually he ended up pretty op he has DBZ power level. While at it, I hope to see actual war on season 2.

Also spider waifu aka Mio is cute, her antics remind me with Kiyohime from FGO
andrearionaApr 1, 2022 7:08 AM
May 25, 2022 6:09 AM

Feb 2017
Good anime but bad compared to manga.
Too rushed, a lot of important scene and dialogue removed.
It's like i watch short version of the manga where everything got cut.
-
-
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2021

114 by argy97 »»
Jun 3, 1:40 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2021

139 by CastledSmile51 »»
May 19, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2021

73 by AkiFosu »»
Apr 30, 1:00 PM

» Makoto a measured MC with maniacal tendencies. Seems contradictory no?

LordKirkis - Feb 7, 2023

18 by Kher_8 »»
Apr 8, 9:24 AM

» Why does the mc not use his name?

Otakodo_kumo - Feb 18

8 by DarkXion »»
Feb 19, 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.