Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 16, 2021 8:58 AM

Jan 2019
Altay545 said:
Wow so much hate on this discussions lol.

While I do think that sometimes people take it too far shipping 2 girls together when theyre having normal interactions, people that refuse to see that theres something more at times also piss me off.

Well its all a case by case thing really but some people are just too set on one side.

I do hate yuri baiting though and this show has definitely done it, like c'mon anyone refusing theyre not yuri baiting are delusional, the pv trailers and the promotional art always has showed their relationship very ambiguous.

Now im a filthy yuri lover myself so i'll admit i'd love this to be a yuri and might be looking too much into things, but when I saw the trailer for this one with a buddy of mine, who doesn't like yuri, he asked me if this was a yuri i was waiting for and that he'd watch it cuz the production values looked great (And cuz i hounded him to watch more yuri), so yeah I dont think its just people "looking too much into nothing".

At least I dind't see the yuri stuff in the pv. But for the opening there is definitively some yuri bait.
Jul 16, 2021 9:51 AM

May 2012
Tigerle said:

At least I dind't see the yuri stuff in the pv. But for the opening there is definitively some yuri bait.

Really nothing in the pv? Welp again even a friend of mine who isnt into yuri thought that this was a yuri from that pv lol, and i aint saying that as some irrefutable proof or something, im just saying that like even if someone not into yuri got those kinds of hints theres a good reason for people believing this will be a yuri right?

OP definitely baiting right lol, I personally hope it doesn't end in just bait and its an actual yuri, there really arent that many yuri anime out there.

Either way OP and ED are both quite good right? ED especially is so chill.

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Jul 16, 2021 11:16 AM

Dec 2018
The correct term is Yuri and not shoujo ai

Sadly I don't think so. P.A. Works has proved with their previous work they don't like lesbians very much. And only use them as bait. This time I am not bitting,I learned my lesson

Because its P.A. Works I think this is going to be nothing more than bait

But I hope I am wrong about that, and that this Is a wonderful lesbian romance

Jul 16, 2021 11:40 PM
Feb 2021
Hopefully👍👍👍👍
Jul 17, 2021 3:08 AM

Oct 2017
When deep friends is a thing that doesn't exist so they must be gay.™
People pretending that something is something else by denying or forcing an untrue viewpoint are both just as bad as one another. You cannot deny and wish that’s it’s not when it’s proven to be gl, but you also cannot be adamant and wishing that two close friends going through a lot together automatically make it look like a gl. Fetishising is not cool.
BunilleJul 17, 2021 4:57 AM
Jul 17, 2021 4:15 AM

Aug 2014
seba_kings said:
I saw on crunchyroll ig that this is a romance anime, will it be between the two girls (idr their names) or that'll feel too cliché?

Being gay isn't cliche lol

For this anime, my guess is no romance or het. though they could subvert things since there's subtext.

As for gay media, it's fine to not be interested. It's not exactly a niche though since plenty of straight people watch stuff with yuri or yoai.

Also, people should ship whoever they like - it doesn't affect anyone else.
Jul 17, 2021 4:17 AM

Apr 2017
hehehehe.. i don't if it's shoujo ai tho i think it will be just normal romance anime
If there's really that many people in the world, then there had to be someone who wasn't ordinary. There had to be someone who was living an interesting life. There just had to be. Why wasn't I that person? -Suzumiya Haruhi
Jul 17, 2021 9:09 AM
Aug 2016
Yuri-Crusader said:
The correct term is Yuri and not shoujo ai

Sadly I don't think so. P.A. Works has proved with their previous work they don't like lesbians very much. And only use them as bait. This time I am not bitting,I learned my lesson

Because its P.A. Works I think this is going to be nothing more than bait

But I hope I am wrong about that, and that this Is a wonderful lesbian romance

I Hope it will become Yuri too, I Love two girl who falling in love with each other and have a deep feeling about it.

Yuri love feel so smooth and I love it.
Jul 17, 2021 10:16 AM
Mar 2020
People are asking this because for the obvious reason: Not everyone likes yuri or into them, this anime in particular is freshly original and PVs are ambiguous so it's natural for people to ask this or want to discuss.

Usually, if It's yuri, the creators would probably put the synopsis right away or give an obvious PVs, just like the past titles such as Aoi Hana, Yagakimi or Adachi to Shimamura, after all, most studios and creators won't mislead their audiences.

But for this case however, the PVs are ambiguous, normal synopsis and there are male MCs, this is almost the same case like Himari no Mawari.

I do hope there are minimum romance in this one, just like Hanasaku Iroha or make it the same like Sakura Quest with no romance at all, but that's just my opinion and hope, after all, Hanasaku Iroha and Sakura Quest has female MCs but the yuri energy were only like 5-10%.
Jul 20, 2021 11:30 PM

Jul 2015
PA Works never did anything yuri and on top of that, they made very similar shows with female comradery as it's main focus, like Sakura Quest, Hanasaku Iroha and Shirobako, which were not yuri at all, so it's safe to assume this one won't be as well.

Jul 21, 2021 5:38 AM
Jul 2021
I really hope it is but I think there's like a 0% chance it will be! Anyway platonic relationships are nice too :)
Jul 22, 2021 6:14 AM

Apr 2018
Its anime original, so there's literally no way to know yet.
Jul 23, 2021 2:33 PM
Jan 2019
I honestly think it’s going to be shoujo ai and here’s why.

Currently, the only genre listed is slice of life, but slice of life isn’t a genre that works on its own. Take k-on for example which is heavily slice of life based while also having some comedy and being about music. Aquatope however doesn’t have comedy strong enough for the whole show to revolve around it. And let’s not forget that this show will be 24 episodes long. 24 episodes long about nothing just doesn’t sound right. At least to me..

Let me know what you think
Jul 23, 2021 3:24 PM

Sep 2014
Piromysl said:
PA Works never did anything yuri and on top of that, they made very similar shows with female comradery as it's main focus, like Sakura Quest, Hanasaku Iroha and Shirobako, which were not yuri at all, so it's safe to assume this one won't be as well.

Both Hanasaku Iroha and Shirobako had romance. In Hansaku Iroha there was het romance while in Shirobako the romance is for the anime industry.
Jul 24, 2021 12:02 AM

Apr 2012
Yinkie66 said:

Currently, the only genre listed is slice of life, but slice of life isn’t a genre that works on its own. Take k-on for example which is heavily slice of life based while also having some comedy and being about music. Aquatope however doesn’t have comedy strong enough for the whole show to revolve around it. And let’s not forget that this show will be 24 episodes long. 24 episodes long about nothing just doesn’t sound right. At least to me..

This show was only labeled SoL because the synopsis was pretty generic and didn't say anything about genres.
Jul 24, 2021 10:58 AM
Jan 2019
RobertBobert said:
Yinkie66 said:

This show was only labeled SoL because the synopsis was pretty generic and didn't say anything about genres.

Yeah but when watching the show, you can clearly tell it’s a slice of life. I’d say 95% of all anime I watch are slice of life so..
Jul 24, 2021 11:02 AM

Apr 2012
Yinkie66 said:
RobertBobert said:

Yeah but when watching the show, you can clearly tell it’s a slice of life. I’d say 95% of all anime I watch are slice of life so..

Well, with this logic, any show about the life of ordinary people is Slice of Life. That, as we found out, is somewhat misleading, agree. This is the same logic as naming horror any thriller or disaster movie. All of them evoke fear in some way, but they are not horror films.
Jul 25, 2021 4:27 AM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Hope it's not gonna be Shoujo Ai cause it's usually too innocent and boring to watch for me, I'm not a huge fan of the show so far anyway though so I'd be happy for those who'd enjoy it.
Jul 29, 2021 1:17 PM
May 2009
This is pretty crazy.

Two girls get a bit close to each other.... they must be gay! This crap has been going on even before the show aired; this just sounds like twisting facts to suit the conclusion. Plus PA Works also has had many shows with heavily female casts and none of them had any sensuality to any appreciable levels. Even the romance in Hana Saku Iroha was kinda a secondary thing.

I mean look, I think I have my yuri goggles turned up really high. If it was something like Eupho, I'd understand. I thought Adachi and Shimamura was a blessing because we had a yuri relationship that was just wholesome and did not involve excessive drama or (even worse) one of the characters being crazy. It was also very clear on it, and not this "bait" crap.

This though; this is grasping at straws. If it were a guy and girl doing this, I would not recognize it; if it were 2 guys doing this, I wouldn't either. If there was some kind of inconsistency in reaction, then maybe there would be a case.

Btw, I don't care either way.
Archon_WingJul 29, 2021 1:53 PM
Jul 29, 2021 5:27 PM

May 2013
If you ask me, every anime should be yuri.

Archon_Wing said:
This is pretty crazy.

Two girls get a bit close to each other.... they must be gay! This crap has been going on even before the show aired; this just sounds like twisting facts to suit the conclusion. Plus PA Works also has had many shows with heavily female casts and none of them had any sensuality to any appreciable levels. Even the romance in Hana Saku Iroha was kinda a secondary thing.

I mean look, I think I have my yuri goggles turned up really high. If it was something like Eupho, I'd understand. I thought Adachi and Shimamura was a blessing because we had a yuri relationship that was just wholesome and did not involve excessive drama or (even worse) one of the characters being crazy. It was also very clear on it, and not this "bait" crap.

This though; this is grasping at straws. If it were a guy and girl doing this, I would not recognize it; if it were 2 guys doing this, I wouldn't either. If there was some kind of inconsistency in reaction, then maybe there would be a case.

Some men just don't get it that women can be pretty close with each other without being anything gay. Men don't seem to be so close with each other like women often do. Then these men who doesn't have any clue about women yells that it is gayyyyy. Sad. And if it is gay then I don't see what would be wrong with it either way. I think most beautiful thing in the world is love between two women.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ShadowMonkeyAug 8, 2021 8:26 AM
Jul 29, 2021 6:25 PM
May 2009
RavenWolf1 said:
Archon_Wing said:
This is pretty crazy.

Some men just don't get it that women can be pretty close with each other without being anything gay. Men don't seem to be so close with each other like women often do. Then these men who doesn't have any clue about women yells that it is gayyyyy. Sad. And if it is gay then I don't see what would be wrong with it either way. I think most beautiful thing in the world is love between two women.

And it gets even worse with 2 guys lol. Just makes me sad really.

I think love can be beautiful regardless of gender. It's just that when folks try to pin down anything as romantic that it does a huge disservice to everyone really.

I would definitely want more actual yuri anime, instead of the trolling that happens too much.
Jul 29, 2021 8:59 PM

Jan 2021
Wow, by episode 4 it has way more “yuri” action then there ever was in Adachi to Shimamura in terms of physical stuff.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Jul 29, 2021 10:18 PM

May 2015
It won't, just let it go. I would be happy if it turned out to be a wholesome shoujo ai, but the way the story has been told so far has made it clear that these two girls will be very good friends but nothing more.
Jul 30, 2021 1:23 AM

Apr 2012
RavenWolf1 said:
Archon_Wing said:
This is pretty crazy.

Huh, I keep hearing one or other guy trying to prove that girls are too gay because he never did that with his dudebro. I used to often complain about these people acting like bigots, but it looks like their logic just shuts down when they see something shippy.

Spicelit said:
Wow, by episode 4 it has way more “yuri” action then there ever was in Adachi to Shimamura in terms of physical stuff.

You ignore the fact that both shows have different accents. Kimetsu no Yaiba subjectively has more physical interaction between male characters than any Yuri on Ice!, but I doubt that makes it a show that even just tries to tease in that direction.
Jul 30, 2021 1:56 AM

Jan 2021
Archon_Wing said:

Spicelit said:

You ignore the fact that both shows have different accents. Kimetsu no Yaiba subjectively has more physical interaction between male characters than any Yuri on Ice!, but I doubt that makes it a show that even just tries to tease in that direction.
Accents? Like genre? I’m not following ya.

Both AtS and Aquatope have the tag shoujo ai. If Aquatope is going to be a shoujo ai, then based on this episode I think it will have a much more solid main relationship than AtS. Sure, there isn’t really any solid proof that this is gonna be a shoujo ai, but with the direction it’s going I feel like it is. I think I’m just confused by the tags…

Jul 30, 2021 2:27 AM

Apr 2012
Spicelit said:
Archon_Wing said:

Accents? Like genre? I’m not following ya.

Both AtS and Aquatope have the tag shoujo ai. If Aquatope is going to be a shoujo ai, then based on this episode I think it will have a much more solid main relationship than AtS. Sure, there isn’t really any solid proof that this is gonna be a shoujo ai, but with the direction it’s going I feel like it is. I think I’m just confused by the tags…

You confused something, Aquatope never had such a tag and was never positioned as romance at all. As for accents, different shows put them in different ways. The romance show will obviously dose and appreciate more the physical intimacy between the characters, rather than throwing them off so easily.
Jul 30, 2021 12:07 PM
May 2009
Spicelit said:

Did we watch the same show? AdaShima had a scene where

I mean it was much more of a comedic moment than a sexual one, but how many "only friends" do that regularly? Certainly a stronger case than just hands touching on the face.
Archon_WingJul 30, 2021 12:14 PM
Jul 30, 2021 12:28 PM

Jan 2021
Archon_Wing said:
Spicelit said:

I mean it was much more of a comedic moment than a sexual one, but how many "only friends" do that regularly? Certainly a stronger case than just hands touching on the face.
I definitely forgot about that lol. I honestly just remember it as a shoujo ai that doesn’t cross any huge boundaries

Jul 30, 2021 12:44 PM
May 2009
Spicelit said:
Archon_Wing said:

I definitely forgot about that lol. I honestly just remember it as a shoujo ai that doesn’t cross any huge boundaries

I mean that's fair. The show moved really slowly.

But at least to me, it was clearly yuri.
Jul 31, 2021 11:25 PM
Feb 2020
I only decided to watch this because the original cover looked like Shoujou Ai. I was like, "Yuri ??? G,,, girls ??" And watched it quick. I ended up really liking it as is- and I'm hoping it is Shoujou Ai.
Aug 1, 2021 2:19 AM

May 2015
Liddo-kun said:
after the latest episode.. I'm still not sure. Feels like what just happened is a big yuri bait. Need more episodes.. before deciding.

Yes bait, but nothing more. Hibike! Euphonium is the best example of an anime in which two girls kiss each other but there is no previous development leading up to that moment just sheer fanservice totally out of place. A romantic story would have a different, emotionally more impactful approach to a scene like the one you are referring to, that is why I think this series will not have more meaningful shoujo ai moments than that you would get from a story just baiting it viewers. Of course it is still possible that in the long run their friendship will turn into something more beautifull but now I don't see any hint to that in the anime.
IshitatesoAug 1, 2021 7:31 AM
Aug 1, 2021 8:15 PM

Apr 2012
Ishitateso said:
Liddo-kun said:
after the latest episode.. I'm still not sure. Feels like what just happened is a big yuri bait. Need more episodes.. before deciding.

Yes bait, but nothing more. Hibike! Euphonium is the best example of an anime in which two girls kiss each other but there is no previous development leading up to that moment just sheer fanservice totally out of place. A romantic story would have a different, emotionally more impactful approach to a scene like the one you are referring to, that is why I think this series will not have more meaningful shoujo ai moments than that you would get from a story just baiting it viewers. Of course it is still possible that in the long run their friendship will turn into something more beautifull but now I don't see any hint to that in the anime.

Hibike Lesbian Kiss? When it was? But going back to yuri bait, I don't understand why people keep calling bait any scene they find intimate. Western fans really need to understand that the intimacy between characters can be shown in a bunch of different ways, especially in Japanese culture, and it is manic to expect any such moment to be an attempt by bait yuri shippers to be just silly or narcissistic. Female characters can also be intimate with each other for plot purposes rather than bait yuri shipeprs.

However, remembering how people called yuri bait even the very existence of mostly all-female titles, my question becomes rhetorical.
Aug 6, 2021 10:03 AM

Oct 2020
instead of Yuri, wouldn't it be better to call the relationship between the two a platonic relationship. people always thought of the relationship between two girls and two boys as Yuri and Yaoi. eventhough it's more like a platonic relationship.
Aug 6, 2021 11:35 PM

Apr 2012
Snow_dropindo99 said:
instead of Yuri, wouldn't it be better to call the relationship between the two a platonic relationship. people always thought of the relationship between two girls and two boys as Yuri and Yaoi. eventhough it's more like a platonic relationship.

The problem is that lately people are extremely prone to wishful thinking and quickly make it personal due to general immaturity. Modern shipping has long been reminiscent of conspiracy theories, such as manic attempts to convince oneself that any platonic intimacy between characters is a yuri bait on the part of the authors.

For example, I still remember the times when Iroha was broadcast, when a bunch of people non-ironically thought that the authors ship MC with one of her female colleagues.
Aug 18, 2021 11:29 PM

Mar 2019
Shoujo ai? Not enough shoujo ai for me. A friendship between two girls is better.

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Aug 19, 2021 7:35 AM

Feb 2020
It looks nothing but a friendship to me. Period.
Aug 20, 2021 8:16 PM

Jan 2019
There's definitely room for interpreting it as shoujo ai, and the anime makes it ambiguous, but it would probably more correctly classified as "yuri bait" in that case. Or you could just see it a sister-like relationship between two girls. I don't think the direction cares about making it clear either way.
Aug 26, 2021 11:57 AM
Jun 2017
In thee previous episode Kukuru stated that she think of fuuka as an older sister. So it’s not shojo ai anc it will never be
Sep 4, 2021 6:07 AM
Jul 2020
I hope it's not. Their relationship doesn't need to be shoujo ai or yuri to be beautiful. Same with men. It's doesn't need to be shounen ai or yaoi. But people just like this "romance" thing when they saw people with a same gender that looks like have a "too good" friendship and tends to see it as "love". Being honest here,I enjoyed the slice of life in this show rn. I don't really seeking any romance. But if it's even take the yuri route,straight to the point,I would drop it.
Sep 5, 2021 6:48 AM

Oct 2007
the story has been quite enjoyable so far... yuri added or not, I intend to watch this anime to the end.

however, due to cash being so short and hard to obtain these days.. I would probably only buy things from this show if they give yuri, or strong enough bait that makes me open wallet.
Sep 5, 2021 6:56 AM

Nov 2017
I planning on watching this cause is giving girls love vibes so I hope is shoujo ai
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Sep 8, 2021 9:17 AM
Sep 2021
I hope it's not, after all anime itself looks really good and shoujo-ai is really big turn down for me personally. I'd like to see normal romance in it tho.
Sep 9, 2021 2:54 PM

Sep 2016
I do not understand why other people necessarily want this to be "normal romance", there are over 1000 anime with "normal romance" instead of Shoujo ai which there are not even a quarter....I understand that enough people here have been and are raised in very heteronormative societies and they have grown up to be taught in not seeing anything other than the usual pairing of Boy x girl...But still there are muchhh moreee animes showing that already....So much so that Shoujo ai romances are refreshing for me and others like me
Sep 9, 2021 2:57 PM

Apr 2016
loolz said:
I do not understand why other people necessarily want this to be "normal romance", there are over 1000 anime with "normal romance" instead of Shoujo ai which there are not even a quarter....I understand that enough people here have been and are raised in very heteronormative societies and they have grown up to be taught in not seeing anything other than the usual pairing of Boy x girl...But still there are muchhh moreee animes showing that already....So much so that Shoujo ai romances are refreshing for me and others like me

Yeah but this is not shoujo ai.
Sep 20, 2021 2:21 AM

Apr 2012
Swagernator said:
loolz said:

Yeah but this is not shoujo ai.

I love appealing to emotions in discussions that try to figure out the truth in interpretation. It's like people quite seriously expect wishful thinking to work if they ask really hard.
Sep 20, 2021 4:45 AM

Jun 2019
So far this has been a really good friendship anime imo. Kukuru said to Fuuka "I've never had a sister and have always wanted one" then they held hands when they fell asleep. Not at all in a romantic sense but because they have both been lonely and wanted comfort and friendship. I think Fuuka and Kukuru look at each like sisters. The only possible romance may be Kai and Kukuru, but i doubt it.
Sep 20, 2021 4:53 AM

Jul 2016
loolz said:

I don't understand why you and some other people would want it to be a Shoujo Ai in the first place ether, There are a handful of shoujo ai series out there and most of them are left to be forgotten mainly caz even the peopke who like shoujo ai aren't showing enough love ether.

reality check :

-lesbians makes only like 15% of the LGBT community (even less so then gay men)
-LGBT people in general isn't 50% of the population no matter how much you want to believe it
-these kind of shows don't garner enough attacntion for sales as so many of them had not getting 2nd sasons due to poor sales and when that happens the shows are left with the source to be forgotten with time then people well come and complain that they don't exist when they did just not as a selling itam

and with the advent of the internet and people getting access to better entertiement for free why would they waste money on trash like yuri/yoai and shouju-ai ? when they can still get it for free and webtoon is flooded with these kind of materials
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2021

138 by basskiller »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:15 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2021

78 by basskiller »»
Dec 10, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2021

74 by basskiller »»
Dec 10, 2023 12:00 AM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2021

85 by basskiller »»
Dec 8, 2023 5:35 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2021

105 by basskiller »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.