Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 23, 2021 8:32 PM

Feb 2020
Good ending, I really like this show.
8/10 hope we can get another season!
Jun 23, 2021 10:36 PM

Jul 2016
That's it. Shii-chan got her own Cub at the end. She's a Cub girl now. SASUGA HONDA!

Well, as if the disastrous previous episode had never happened, this ended up being a quite lovely finale. Basically Koguma and Reiko taking their "daughter" on a trip to see the sakura blooming.

Overall and despite two or three episodes where the execution was plain terrible, this SoL/Cub advertisement series still managed to have its own charm and be quite relaxing for the most part. Having classical music as part of the OST was a nice decision and though Koguma as MC alone is rather boring, having outgoing Reiko (the version of her that doesn't try to kill herself) and cute Shii-chan around sure made things more entertaining.

6/10
Jun 23, 2021 11:19 PM

Jan 2021
I'm happy that they made this a wonderful last episode, what a beautiful sceneries while they were riding a cub on a long journey to see the blooming sakura trees of spring that they've been waiting for, and i'm relieved that Shii finally bought a cub in this episode and they'll now explore all the places where they want to go and Shii wouldn't be out of place anymore, thanks for producers, studios, staffs, and seiyuus for this wholesome series that I've been not regret watching it!
TensoruJun 23, 2021 11:26 PM
Jun 23, 2021 11:39 PM

Apr 2021
This series was really fun to watch!!!

And they finally reached their destination!!! 

7/10 for me 

Edit : Corrected grammatical errors

Joel77Mar 24, 2023 11:12 AM
Jun 24, 2021 12:48 AM
May 2019
It's finally over!!!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳 okay jokes aside here what I thought of this show. This show was really good up to the Mount Fuji episode. Once the show tried to show someone ride a street based motor bike up a mountain to prove a Super Cub could do that. Is when the show essentially became a Honda ad. After that the dialogue just became stale saying you can do this if you have a cub. And all character growth aside from shii slowed to a halt. I thought Kaguma was going to develop into a more social person but instead she became a robotic sounding smart alec and Reiko became essentially a reckless cartoon character. The only saving grace near the end of the show was shii. This showed had so much promised but ended up getting way to full of itself. I might give the original light novel a read if I can find an English version to see if the dialogue is less like an advertisement. Honda it was a good try but please don't use anime to advertise your products.
Jun 24, 2021 12:51 AM
May 2019
off-season said:
This series went from 8 to maybe-just-barely 5 in the second half. What happened after such a distinctive beginning? Interference from editors/producers/bean counters? Bad audience response?
Considering the gratuitous amount of Honda logos and the cringe dialogue saying Cubs can do anything ima gonna guess Honda might have had something to do with ir
Jun 24, 2021 1:31 AM
Jun 2019
It's pretty good, for an ad.
Jun 24, 2021 2:05 AM

Sep 2019
The soundtrack was the best part of this anime, I absolutely loved it. Wasn’t a big fan of the show itself though. I liked Shii. Overall, the anime was somewhere between average and fine.
Jun 24, 2021 3:05 AM

Oct 2016
I fucking loved this episode, I definitely enjoyed the first half of the show more overall, but this last episode is definitely my favorite. I am going to miss this show, especially the girls and the soundtrack. C'mon Honda, fund that season 2! Now that Shii has a cub herself, imma need to see them go on more adventures.

I love this image, I also really want that orange jumper of Koguma.

8.5/10 ~ 8/10
Jun 24, 2021 5:12 AM
Feb 2018
KaedeAme said:
im glad she bought a cub..

Honestly, she should bought a Vespa instead, tho.
Jun 24, 2021 5:22 AM

Feb 2014
It feels fitting that the final episode would end with one long road trip with the 3 girls and it was a really fun one, too! The pictures of the girls at the fish market was really funny and sweet.

Their long trip towards the cape at the end rewarded them with a beautiful scenery with cherry blossoms all around them. Unsurprisingly, not too long after they got back home, Shii got herself a Super Cub and seeing how happy she was with it was very reminiscent of Koguma when she got hers back in the first episode. I couldn't help but smile at this. =)

Overall, this series has been a rather unique gem this season. It did have its fair share of controversies, such as Reiko's adrenaline attack on Mt Fuji as well as Shii's incident recently and while some criticism have been fair, others, a lot of it aimed at Koguma's "twisted" personality, makes me question the low IQ of the critics sometimes. ¬_¬

Regardless of that, this show has been visually nice, relaxing and the soundtrack itself was stellar. The message that this shows gives about exploring new places and going on adventures is something I'll take to heart as I like to go out and about when I have free time, especially with the summer weather with us now.

8/10 is my final score for Super Cub. Definitely one of my highlights for the spring season.
Jun 24, 2021 5:42 AM

Aug 2020
Shii getting a Cub in the final was a perfect ending for this, and i need a season 2 next year.

Also, for me Super Cub was simple, but so simple it was almost perfect if it wasn't for that drama in the end of ep10/start of ep11, so 8.5/10 and it was better than Vivy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2021 5:58 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn, fuckin long-distance trip for all the girls. I like their desires, really strong and commendable. Then, ah, i got some great shots among their activities. Its fuckin good seeing all of them with those crabs. And then again, ah, the little girl finally owned her own little cub. Nice end for them in the middle of a good cherry blossom sceneries. Everything feels really chill and wholesome in the end of the day. That's it all for me, and, well, i give this one a solid super scores to close my fully enjoyment, whatever people said some shit over this. That's it all from me, and moving on....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 24, 2021 6:01 AM
Jun 2021
It was a nice, relaxing show for the most part, but it had its issues. One of them is the main character, considering her background I suppose it's possible that Koguma doesn't know what friends are and how to treat them, but she's also acting pretty irrational at times and that 'a cub can do anything' sermon kinda started getting to me by the end. Reiko was fine, in the end she's just a hardcore hobbyist and you find those everywhere, Shii was probably the most normal of the three until the sudden episode 11 breakdown and even more sudden recovery.

For shows like this the most important things are the characters and the tone, and the tone is also pretty inconsistent, there was probably no reason to still go on with the atmosphere of a seafood cemetary in the second half. The 3D scenes were somewhat passable but they still stood out and I'm not sure they were really necessary in a non-action show. It was an 8 initially, but it dropped to 6 by the end.

I've been curious enough to check out the manga and it was much lighter in tone, no idea which is closer to the novels. The lighter tone is up to debate, but they played the 'almighty cub' thing more as a character gag, which was an improvement, I think.
Jun 24, 2021 6:11 AM
Jun 2020
Frank_86 said:
She still said at the end "no money, no hobbies, NO FRIENDS"!? Bitch those 2 girls love you!!!

I thought the no friends comment was a bit odd too. Generally though I loved the show in a feelgood, relaxing type of way and the road trip was a good way to finish. I'm a bit torn on the idea of another season. Although I enjoyed it, I wonder how much further they can take it.
Jun 24, 2021 9:30 AM
Oct 2018
I have a lot of mixed feelings about this show. It started off great and I was expecting a lot of comfy Yuru Camp-type feels. And we did get those, for a few episodes anyway. Until the show kind of went off the rails and instead of focusing on Koguma's development as a person, which it initially did, it switched to being a full-on Super Cub advertisement. I mean, I knew the show was pretty much a Honda ad, and to be honest if it was a top tier anime that wouldn't have bothered me, but when we got to crying Shii saying things like "Koguma, please save me again with your Super Cub" (and even flashing back that cringy scene) I knew MAL points were being lowered everywhere.

I really liked the final episode though and I even tracked them with Google Maps as they made their way to Cape Sata. I loved the trip scenery, (it makes me want to do something similar in Japan), and wished they could have taken more trips like that instead of wasting an entire episode on Reiko trying to push her Super Cub up Mount Fuji.

Also, Shii should have already had her Cub for the final ep, her bike was already wrecked so it would have made perfect sense for her to get her Cub BEFORE the trip.

Anyway, it started out really good, then kind of lost its way, then finished a little stronger. I'm sad to say I can only award 6/10 because initially I thought this was going to be an 8/10 show. But it was still worth watching.
Jun 24, 2021 11:36 AM

Aug 2018
This episode is one of my favorites along with ep 1-6, 8, and final scene of ep 11. Didn't like how brand mentioning handled but that's a minor flaw.

Eight out of Ten.

Jpl79 said:
The only saving grace near the end of the show was shii.

Funny you mention it, lately like 60% of total Super Cub fanarts are now Shii drawings. Looks like she's now a fan favorite hahah can't say no to a Italiaboo.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
babyakiJul 3, 2021 12:52 AM
Jun 24, 2021 12:44 PM

Apr 2014
Great final episode, though not good for my googlemapseritis. Too bad they just zipped right trough Tajimi without even showing it. I would have loved to see them make a mug too!

And after seeing this, I just want to fly to Japan, rent a moped (preferably a Cub obviously...) and make such a road trip myself...
Jun 24, 2021 2:15 PM

Jul 2017
Smol Shii-chan finally getting her smol cub. that's so cute.
I'm gonna miss this anime so much. such an enjoyable yet relaxing anime. easy 9/10 for me.
Jun 24, 2021 2:59 PM

Sep 2017
Yeah this was a decent show but a little too bland for me. Maybe they could have talked about something other than cubs at some point idk.
Jun 24, 2021 3:20 PM
May 2019
Death_spork said:
Jpl79 said:
The only saving grace near the end of the show was shii.

Funny you mention it, lately like 60% of total Super Cub fanarts are now Shii drawings. Looks like she's now a fan favorite hahah can't say no to a Italiaboo.
It's a shame show took such a nosedive, I honestly blame the script and I feel bad for the person playing Kaguma because according to IMDB and other sites it's her first roll. So im not gonna blame her for a robotic performance because as someone learning to voice act the script is a big part of it.
Jun 24, 2021 8:01 PM

Mar 2014
hey...production...the scene where shii chan went to pee at the restroom needs be released.
ButtSlapperJun 24, 2021 8:24 PM
Jun 24, 2021 9:26 PM

Sep 2020
Uff~ and we hit the finale. One of the most relaxing episode of this series. Sakura everywhere.

Glad to see Shii got her own cub now.
And oofff~ Reiko again with the naked scene, Kogu x Reiko ftw.

The soothing trip looks like a family trip to me, Reiko as dad, Kogu the mom and Shii as the daughter,ahaha.

Not sad this ends, im thankful I was able to watch this series. So relaxing.
Love this series as a whole. xoxo
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Jun 25, 2021 12:32 AM

Aug 2013
I'm kind of on the team that thinks that this show had a lot of potential, but seriously squandered it in the second half. I loved the beginning, and I really *wanted* to love the second half, but there was just too much that got under my skin. I don't want to rehash what others have said ad nauseum, but I think a lot of the critics above are pretty on point.

My impression of the show is that near the beginning, the writers and directors had more freedom to create. They knew that they were advertising for Cubs, but they kept them just off center stage and focused the show on Koguma and how her life was changing after getting her Cub. Even then, they made sure to mention Super Cubs often and showed how proud the girls were to have them.

Then somewhere along the way, I get the impression that some mid-level advertising executive from Honda with delusions of creativity on the production committee started saying things like, "That's a nice idea, but we really would like you to focus on the Cub more." The suit probably started pushing for the show to look and sound more like an actual commercial rather than a character-driven TV show with heavy product placement. That's about the time that you start getting episodes about Cubs climbing mountains and Cubs gleefully prancing in the snow off-road and Cubs leaping into action in an emergency. You can't tell me that those episodes aren't literally adapted straight from the script of every car commercial you've ever seen!

Honestly, I feel bad for the director and the rest of the creative team. I still feel like they did an excellent job considering the constraints that were obviously placed upon them and later heavily reinforced. But unfortunately, those shackles forced them to take what could have been a great anime and cram it into an average box.
Jun 25, 2021 5:04 AM
Jun 2020
Just thinking again about the ending monologue about not having friends etc. Maybe this is a question for someone who speaks Japanese but is that what she actually said? I'm just wondering if maybe the subtitles were wrong or it got lost in translation because the more I think about it it the more it seems just a really weird thing to say after all she's been through.
Jun 25, 2021 7:15 AM
Dec 2018
Overall, it was a fun SoL. One of the few anime this season that I looking forward to every episode.
7/10.
Jun 25, 2021 8:07 AM

Dec 2018
My litle lesbians romantic trip went very well. Reiko got naked AGAIN lol. And Koguma was all over her girlfriend,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Awwww Shii is so fucking cute. and was blushing like crazy when Koguma said this trip is for her. She really enjoyed her honeymoon with her new wives,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEES

And Shii cub really suits her. It's little and cute just like her

Overall. I love the strong Yuri vibes. Most importantly for my taste, it was pure. Well-behaved little lesbians that don't talk about boys! Get 10/10 from me as always. Gj angels =P

Jun 25, 2021 10:14 AM
Sep 2020
Finally I finished this anime, I quite liked this anime, every eps made me smile, and in this last episode I really like those who travel in their vehicles and see the Japanese scenery that is presented

Looks like Shii bought a Vehicle also her expression is so cute, I want to protect her smile
Jun 25, 2021 3:40 PM

Jul 2008
This was a 7 going into episode 11. But everything about that episode just left a bad taste in my mouth. Besides episode 11, the anime was fine. Nothing that mind blowing as a slice of life.

Will have to knock a point down to a 6 partially because of eps 11. And a 7 is a little too high when I consider other anime I've given a 7 to.

Doubt this is something I'd revisit unless there's a more exciting 2nd season. Super Cub Deliquent Biker Gang perhaps?
Jun 25, 2021 7:41 PM

Jan 2011
oh geez what to say about super cub what started off with a different vibe from your typical CGDCT about bikes progressed in a much more grounded and slower pace than these typically go which was nice till the half way point where the Honda sponsors and logos slowly stopped being a nice touch of detail into full on taking the wheel in what was a big giant Ad of shilling for their brand , i 100% believe if you told me higher ups wanted more focus brought to the viewer on how great Honda is in the script because i dont know how many times characters started to act like cubs was were their god and savior by the end and nothing is better then them (when actual cool motorcycles shit all over Underbone cubs any day)

and for the characters outside of Shii just being a ball of light the other two kinda rubbed me the wrong ways at times were i was seriously questioning if they were Sociopaths by the end lol Koguma blandness and cold vibes which sorta got better and Reiko disregard for anything not about cubs and parts for them made for a lot of awkward moments were i was like are they actually friends and still dont even know

was a solid 7 maybe a 8 but im going with a 6/10 because despite all my issues with it by the end it was a nice chill time to watch each week
Jun 26, 2021 8:06 AM

Jan 2008
This episode was okay, better than the last one at least, but felt quite rushed and somewhat unrealistic. It's worth noting those girls have covered no less than 2000 km round-trip on their Cubs, which I believe weren't designed for long distance travelling in the first place. Also, last time I checked, overnight staying at business hotels and internet cafes is illegal for minors in Japan, and I doubt any of them is 20+. Shii's parents entrusting her to the two leads (whom we still know nothing about who their legal guardians are) for such a long trip, in spite of the accident she just had some time ago, was also quite bold. But I guess by this point suspension of disbelief is a requirement to enjoy this series.

7/10, if not for the full-blown Honda commercial in the second half, and Koguma's character taking a strange turn, I would have gladly given this an 8.
You just can't spell slaughter without laughter...
Jun 26, 2021 8:40 AM
Jun 2020
I wonder if Koguma's character doesn't come across so badly to the average Japanese viewer in terms of social awkwardness given that Japanese society seems to involve more reserve etc?
Jun 26, 2021 11:13 AM

Nov 2017
*The Rock voice* FINALLY! Shii has her own cub!

This was a really nice anime to watch. It got me to appreciate motorbikes more (I always wanted a motorcycle myself). Watching the sakura trees was also a nice way to end it especially after what happened last episode
Jun 26, 2021 1:37 PM

Sep 2007
Well that was nice. I feel like as a motorcycle anime, Bakuon is better, but it was going for a different vibe anyway. I also feel like this series is pretty divisive with people going either "the hell is this" or "I GET IT". It could also do with a bit less advertising but then again, it's literally called "SUPER CUB".

Bonus points:
- Koguma grinning like an idiot to herself whenever things are going well
- Koguma wearing a Casio F-91W wristwatch (shown in episode 6)
- Reiko's penchant for strutting around naked after bath (and Reiko being Reiko in general)
- Shii being an adorable little muffin
- Koguma and Reiko's "heterosexual life partners" vibe

7.5/10
Jun 26, 2021 11:06 PM

Oct 2008
oh nice! it ended where the three girls all have Cubs including Shii-chan!
their travelling journey was great!
5/5.
7/10.

Jun 27, 2021 3:23 AM

Dec 2008
And so it ended, one of the nicer episodes of this show.

I really loved the mood and atmosphere in the beginning with sad Koguma.
She still was a difficult character, I thought meeting Reiko would make her happier,
but it didn't really change her much.

Two episodes were super weird, like "the reckless offroad stunt" and "rescue" episode.
I also was no fan of the whole adapting to winter storyline. Try to drive with snow chains and you won't do it again.

I can't believe she said that she has no friends after all that.
My guess is a bad translation at this point, Koguma can't be such an ass.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2021 9:46 AM

Aug 2018
Fabienne said:

Two episodes were super weird, like "the reckless offroad stunt" and "rescue" episode.
I also was no fan of the whole adapting to winter storyline. Try to drive with snow chains and you won't do it again.

I can't believe she said that she has no friends after all that.
My guess is a bad translation at this point, Koguma can't be such an ass.

Honestly the winter arc is weak in general, didn't like Koguma's cool tryhard personality change. Also full blown advertising at the cost of real life logic like you mentioned above. Episode 1-6, 8, last part of 11 and 12 are my favorites.
Jun 27, 2021 1:43 PM

Feb 2019
Huh... What's with this strange urge to... not buy Honda's Super Cub and go seize life? Is something wrong with me?

"I still have nothing, only my Cub. 12 whole episodes of nothing. Thanks, Honda."

"Let me just say the Cub isn't a magical device that'll solve all of people's problems after stuffing that message in every episode for legal reasons the sake of making my themes clearer."
Jun 27, 2021 4:54 PM

Jul 2017
What a wonderful show i've come across in here! Slice of Life, about scooters, but it wasn't solely about that, it was about a girl named Koguma who just wanted to get out of her monotonous world with the help of her Super Cub and her new friends Reiko and Shii, who were also quite the lovable characters, so i guess you could say it was a character driven show as well and overall, quite heartwarming, and at times, a little bit sour, when it came to describe Koguma's loneliness..

Also have to add, the animation was absolutely beautiful to look at, and the overall color palette of the anime fit the story's atmosphere to a T.

8/10 Yuru Camp lovers should definitely check this one out
Jun 27, 2021 7:34 PM
May 2021
Episode was pretty standard flare, everything wraps up nicely. Overall for the season, it started off just fine, then took a nosedive halfway through into a bowl of stupidity.

Glad it's over and I can move on cause episode 11 really taxed my little patience for the show I had left.

4/10
Jun 27, 2021 10:14 PM

Dec 2016
It was ok, kinda boring so I was really far behind and it felt like a chore to finish.

One thing that they were good at was making me envious of them and they did a good job at reminding me that I live in such a shitty country.

Overall 6/10
Jun 28, 2021 3:30 PM

Mar 2018
Top 10 cursed images

Although it seemed pretty obvious it was leading towards Shii getting her own Cub, I couldn't help but feel ecstatic when I saw it.

While this anime does tend to awkwardly fixate it's dialogue towards plugging 'Super Cub' leading it to come off as a little cheesy at times, I think this anime can find a nice place within those who have a passion for riding on two wheels in general as a lot of the moments expressed through this anime are very relatable towards experiences you would get in real life.

Not the best offering of enjoyment but also not bad, good moments throughout, 7/10.
Jun 29, 2021 4:07 AM

Oct 2007
that's a relaxing long trip. Beautiful scenery, and saw some interesting places.

Shii is the promo girl for the small cub. :)

score 9/10 - 3 for putting wet Shii in front of her cub + drive into the cold wind episode 11, another -3 for making Shii climb episode 11 when just had an accident.Easily one of the worst shows I watched this season along with Cramer. Real final score 3/10.
Liddo-kunJun 30, 2021 3:27 AM
Jun 29, 2021 11:24 AM
Nov 2020
Just like Yuru Camp, it would be nice to get a second season for this show. It's just nice to chill out to nature and realistic slife of life situations.
Jun 29, 2021 10:16 PM

Mar 2019
A Masterpiece in its own way...

For me... a 9.5/10.0

Promotional or wutever... but still Beautiful.

11/10 the Music.

ED Song... the #1 of the Season for me. (thank god for ZAQ)
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jun 30, 2021 3:36 AM

May 2021
This is one of the comfiest anime I have ever watched!
That was a good ride.
Jun 30, 2021 8:42 AM
Apr 2020
Liddo-kun said:
that's a relaxing long trip. Beautiful scenery, and saw some interesting places.

Shii is the promo girl for the small cub. :)

score 9/10 - 3 for putting wet Shii in front of her cub + drive into the cold wind episode 11, another -3 for making Shii climb episode 11 when just had an accident.Easily one of the worst shows I watched this season along with Cramer. Real final score 3/10.

Sayonara Cramer is probably my biggest disappointment of this season.
Jul 2, 2021 5:59 AM

Feb 2017
Can't believe i watch the whole 12 episodes of Honda advertisement. And i like it. Now i want my own Hunter Cub.

Edit: after take a look at the price i immediately suppressed my desire. Forgot that i'm broke.
removed_userJul 2, 2021 6:11 AM
Jul 7, 2021 7:32 PM

Aug 2018
BEAUTIFUL.
This episode was beautiful. Shii got a Cub <3!!! Now they will all drive :).
I have been loving the series.
Jul 9, 2021 12:45 AM

Nov 2018
This was absolutely beautiful. The best I've seen this year so far. Everything about it was amazing. Such an underappreciated simple yet brilliant and fulfilling show. Beautiful is the word to define this series. Thanks for this to everyone behind it, you've made me very happy and moved my heart with such story. 8/10.
GRAYLIGHTNINGAug 1, 2021 6:32 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

106 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Apr 30, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2021

73 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Apr 29, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2021

90 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Apr 29, 12:12 AM

» So how many episodes did you make it before buying a Super Cub? ( 1 2 )

Skarker25 - Apr 24, 2021

50 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Apr 28, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2021

170 by Ethan348 »»
Apr 27, 4:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.