Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 27, 2021 8:38 AM

Oct 2010
Its nice that the at the end the solution was at the start and didn't felt like something they pull out of no where, but something they built slowly throughout its run.
They kaiju design was odd, but it kept with the goofy stylized design and overall vibe of the show. There was some exposition that should have been shorten, there was not need to spend a whole episodes explaining (and reading out) MD5/hashes and chicken/egg/grandfather paradox.

Overall I had fun watching this.
huh?
Jun 27, 2021 9:39 AM

Feb 2020
The AI was 10/10. Super cute and likeable.
Jun 28, 2021 1:33 PM

Aug 2013
THIS WAS FREAKING AWESOME! I cant wait for another season of this
Jun 29, 2021 3:40 PM

Nov 2017
7/10

The CGI was good.

The science made stuff confusing but the story was still interesting.

I can't wait for a season 2.
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Jun 29, 2021 10:51 PM

Sep 2014
A real mixed bag here. I feel like all the pseudoscientific babble and a lot of the AI stuff dragged the show down a ton, and that's not meant to mean that I need just a dumb action show, but it felt really hard to follow for so much of it and there's a lot I could not explain if I tried.

Also for a show called Godzilla, he's barely in it and he doesn't show up proper till like Episode 7 or 8 and gets no real good fight. It's Shin Godzilla influence is obvious, which I'm fine with, I liked Shin Godzilla, but I wasn't feeling the same here by having a lot of that dry talk happening across an entire season. Can't say I liked any of the characters too much either.

Not that it's all bad, I've grown to like most of the monster designs, even being kinda okay with Godzilla's final form. The general mystery and threat of the show was interesting, like I could not explain anything about the monsters origins and the red dust and what not, but even with all the science talk happening, I was still curious to see where it would lead to, even if the finale kinda sucked. The action was generally good, though I think Jet Jaguar's new design is pretty lame, in all 3 form of it, like I'm not gonna pretend his classic design was top notch, but there was a lot of ways they could've taken it and have it looked real cool. There was also a lot of good nods to past Godzilla stuff with all the kaiju, some smaller references, or odd ones like the bug creatures being like 4 different references in one with Kumonga, Kamacuras, Megalon, and Hedorah lol

I will say I like the overall show a lot more than the previous OVA's, where Planet Eater in particular is currently one of my most hated pieces of Godzilla media, but the show is just okay.

That being said, the tease at the end with a Showa era styled redesign of Mechagodzilla. Yes, please, I'm very much on board with that. That could end up salvaging this series for me in a season 2.
KamikazeKeegJun 30, 2021 2:02 AM
Jun 30, 2021 1:41 PM

Aug 2018
It occasionally felt more convoluted than it needs to be, also the clash in art styles + not great cg made it not that impressive visually, although it had its moments.

4/10
_______I like rocks__
Jun 30, 2021 6:57 PM

Apr 2016
Its not a power fantasy LN adaptation. So its already head and shoulders above most of its competition.

Really though unless you binge it there are too many plot points mixed with techno jargon and philosophical concepts to keep straight. Granted the show doesn't just spout them and does visualize and explain them but its still tough to follow at times. They makes some pretty insane leaps of logic too, probably the result of having a conclusion and writing backwards to fill out the season.

All that said it knows its stuff and despite the shotgun blast of information coming at you there is surprisingly little fat left. The concepts are explained, the reality bending aspects are properly forecast for those looking, the characters still get personality and likability. Exposition is done in interesting locations and through interesting actions especially around Kaiju. The animation is pretty damn solid too, even the nutritiously bad japanese CG anime aspects are much more tolerable here.

This is definitely more in the vein of Shin Godzilla then anything before. More about the human response than the monsters duking it out. So people's disappointment there is understandable but the resulting anime is still great.

I'd give this show a 7.5 out of 10.
Jul 2, 2021 6:16 PM

May 2012
Really quite different than what I expected from anything related to Godzilla to be honest. Heck even Godzilla's model did not look right, it's not that Godzilla's new or so but the aesthetic design choice for him just felt wrong...

That post credit scene that however was pretty sick!
Jul 3, 2021 12:03 AM
Jan 2017
Why im crying when Jet Jaguar say "Thanks and goodbye"..
but from i know jet jaguar is a code it self and he was the one who send the song over and over.. but i still dont sure how the code work on that..
its a good enough show for me..
6/10
Jul 3, 2021 1:14 AM

Apr 2020
Not a big fan of the animation and CGI. Most of the times it just looks bad.
And the science stuff was very tiring. 5/10 for me.
Wish it was higher since the MC is Gintoki 2.0.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jul 3, 2021 6:08 PM

Mar 2016
An answer before the question is asked is like a conclusion before the narrative begins. And that's what a story is.

A little dry at times and a bit too dependent on AI, but still lots of fun. The use of color was really nice, and as someone who hasn't seen anything Godzilla related in many many years, this seemed to work really well as a standalone.
Jul 4, 2021 12:28 PM
Mar 2021
horhecoolz08 said:
Its now episode 13 and its really good! A fitting end to the anime itself, and has very unexpected twists as well! Tho this episode is filled with actions more than words, its only cuz the catastrophe is now upon them.. and the anime is filled with the science about time, that a normal fan cant follow what they may be referring to.. also, the saying in the anime, "the answer already exists".. just like my saying: "the answer is simple, its just the equation and the processes thats complex." Which makes u really wonder, in thinking of the infinite possibilities of answers within the timelines, just how can u find an answer which already exist? Unless if from time and time again, until the end of time and back again, info is being transmitted back towards the past until one gets the right answer in the future.. and in the anime, the right answer is a super upgraded version of jet jaguar to combat godzilla and save the world.. being embedded with the device, maybe also as a power source, jet jaguar combats godzilla to save the world! Thus, when jet jaguar was being updated, many branches in time was probably made.. But just how did jet jaguar upgrade itself up to that point?! Where it can now fight against godzilla.. maybe sending info into the past can include sending matter in it? Well, explaining and analyzing about time would be a real headache, and very complex even tho the answer would be quite simple.. which also stems multiple answers depending on the persons point of view.. just like the branching off of spacetime whenever some event or something major happens.. and there is maybe even a continuation of the anime! A season 2 perhaps.. since there is a continuation after the ending song.. anyways, i rate the anime a 10 of 10, 10 for story and 10 for art.. :)
same my friend same. The last episode made it a 9-10. It was a 8-9 initially, then lingering around 9 but then the Hindu Gods and Mythology and how everything tied together including the post credits scene, phew, cant wait for season 2 in a couple years
Jul 17, 2021 4:33 PM

Nov 2009
Just watched.

Finally finished this series... apparently the site I used to watch anime on got shutdown... I was wondering why the site wasn't uploading a lot of series (mainly Netflex animes).

Decide to check out other sites and found the last 2 episodes for this.

___ ___ ___

Anyways... it was interesting, but... is it me or did most people actually died? at the end?...

Felt like there was only a few (main cast) people left.

(tho... that preview at the end of ep 13... is that same timeline? or is it some sort of parallel timeline (which as suggested at the end by Jet Jeguar PP... there was many timelines and apparently they could somehow communicate by way of songs or that SHIVA device), cause apparently the dude that's suppose to be dead is alive in the preview...)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 24, 2021 3:21 PM

Jul 2008
Well, that sucked. Garbage from start to finish. What an ordeal it was to get through. 13 episodes felt like 13 months.

Will not bother with the second season.
Jul 25, 2021 6:02 AM
Oct 2019
Jet Jaguar save the day...
Even though I'm struggling to keep up with the story, definitely i will rewatched it again when we got Season 2.

MechaGodzilla, that a great after credit scene.

6/10
Jul 27, 2021 7:07 AM

Nov 2019
Well now, I certainly wasn't expecting this series to be a Gintoki-sensei origin story.

Jokes aside the series is like KADO crossed with Jurassic Park. Or maybe Occultic;Nine crossed with Jurassic Park? Regardless, this is a pretty fantastic show with unconventional characters and engaging dialog which focuses more on theoretical physics than kaiju battles.

If you just want mindless action you're going to be disappointed and should probably steer clear.
Aug 10, 2021 8:38 PM

Jun 2016
Pero-2 was special after all. I knew I liked that AI for a reason.

Jet Jaguar turning gigantic caught me by surprise, mostly cause I was expecting some kind of nuclear explosion to ensue. Godzilla just disappeared, replaced by lovely blue crystals instead.

That twist at the end. Ashihara, that bastard, was still alive and kicking, just chilling as the world was on the verge of being destroyed. Although thinking about it now, he probably knew about Pero-2/Jet Jaguars fusion. Don't know tho, he never uttered a word, lol.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting much from a Godzilla show, but for what the show was and turned out to be, I actually enjoyed watching it.

Sep 20, 2021 5:23 AM

Jul 2015
A.I. Naratake (Pero-II, Jet Jaguar, PP) the legendary Kaiju slayer managed to save the world through looping through time!

I can see why people might dislike this as the science stuff can be confusing but I personally liked that especially compared to the philosophical Godzilla Earth trilogy which I found disappointing.
Kinda wish we saw Godzilla bit more in action and also some on-screen deaths to show how catastrophic the situation is, but overall I quite enjoyed this.

Oct 10, 2021 3:00 AM
Oct 2020
Episode 13 had some great visuals, especially that visual callback to King of the Monsters. The soundtrack was incredible. Though I would just have Jet Jaguar say “Goodbye Yun” before taking Godzilla with him so the fight can be more enjoyable. Maybe someone can do a sound redux of that like Kyle Gilmore did back in the day. Also, the Godzilla bones turned out to be used to make Mechagodzilla for another season.

Unfortunately, my praises end there. At first, I thought Singular Point’s ending was like Madlax’s in that the story prematurely cutoff its loose ends at the denouement for the sake of a happy ending. (At least Singular Point ended with an outro as supposed to foreground credits.) But instead, Singular Point just brushes off everything once Godzilla’s defeated. Like are there still other kaiju in the world? Is there another Godzilla out there? Can our heroes replicate an Orthogonal Diagonalizer in the event another Godzilla appears?

Also, was Ashihara the villain? Did he just want to escape the digital world so he can create Mechagodzilla? And how did Haberu and Goro survive that fall? Let alone Haberu lifting Jet Jaguar? Did Jet Jaguar grow big because of the archetype? I dunno.

Salunga got skewered again. Just…. :(

So, overall…. Singular Point was well animated by Orange and Bones. The music by Kan Sawada was nice. The story and characters could have used some serious fine tuning. Revising and redrafting. In the event a Season 2 happens, all I ask is “Cut the technobabble.”
BiitoreinGoji94Oct 10, 2021 3:04 AM
Dec 31, 2021 3:52 AM

Dec 2014
The ending suck, it could have been a good godzilla film but they wanted to make it into a ultraman film ending.

Author made Godzilla too powerful and the only way to solve the problem is deus ex machina.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Dec 31, 2021 5:58 AM

Apr 2011
The explanation and other things became confusing. But the show is entertaining enough.

But the post credit scene made me excited for a continuation.
Oct 22, 2022 10:13 AM
Mar 2019
Foi diferente do que eu esperava e isso foi muito divertido, gostei
Oct 25, 2022 6:02 AM
Jan 2021
Not worth the build up
Jan 7, 2023 9:57 PM

Apr 2009
The dub is a LOT better, because it explains things simpler than the subs.
I loves the art style and all the science stuff. The CGI could have been better. The ending was meh? Using AI to save the world is a very basic Deus Ex Machina. Also, how did Jet Jaguar became x10 times it's size? Very short ending, out of nowhere, for a mystery of 13 episodes? I was like "and that's it"? I had to check that there's no more episodes. Great build up but for nothing.
Feb 3, 2023 11:18 PM
Jan 2023
This feels almost like a "Seikaisuru Kado" done right, just wish they explained all scientific theories in a easier to digest manner, its all makes sense once the pieces are glued together but they dont make a very good job explaining it
jTiKey said:
 Using AI to save the world is a very basic Deus Ex Machina.

I don't think you understand what a Deus Ex Machina is
Feb 5, 2023 2:01 AM

Apr 2009
RetroDKCN said:
Mar 2, 2023 4:25 AM
Jan 2022
ok i guess but not for mee
Mar 21, 2023 7:16 PM

Nov 2012
Mecha Godzilla at the end! Not an outstanding anime, but a pretty great kaiju anime, probably one of the best we've gotten. Hope they do make a second season and will defo be back to watch that if they do!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Aug 17, 2023 9:46 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
for a Godzilla show, there just weren't enough Kaijuu battles and I hardly understood the plot, if I'm to be frankly honest. Ending-wise though, I guess it wasn't bad, so I'll stick with a generous 5/10 for this. I'd actually put this show on hold but found some advertisements here in Godzilla-themed shops in Japan, so I thought it might be worth it. But, it didn't really make me feel either way, lol. 

Liked the ED though, and wanted more romance between the two main leads. It turned out, it was just the bot that they were using was kind of like a mediator between the two but that too is kind of a stretch until the very end, I suppose. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Clas1ck - Mar 25, 2021

84 by Yugesai »»
May 22, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 3 Discussion

Clas1ck - Apr 7, 2021

45 by alex26gc »»
Jan 16, 9:39 PM

» Gintoki Ripoff Design

EXCLMaker - May 9, 2023

7 by Yugesai »»
Dec 24, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Clas1ck - Apr 1, 2021

66 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 9, 2023 10:41 PM

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 9 Discussion

Clas1ck - May 19, 2021

41 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 11, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.