Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 21, 2021 2:21 PM
Feb 2020
please tell me that kuroha wins, the only reason i started watching this one was because i thought the childhood friend actually wins as described by the title. But if both are childhood friends then they'll probably pull an oregairu stunt on us and leave out the blonde/pinky. If Kuroha doesn't win please spare me the trouble and just tell me so i can watch something else
Thanks
Apr 21, 2021 2:24 PM

Nov 2016
Nice title hahahaha. The fact that it managed to bait so many people deserves praise.

And yeah, overwork is a serious problem, but that was still funny how his mom died.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 21, 2021 3:05 PM

Jun 2017
Yeah the title was a huge bait and I expected this "twist" so it didn't really shock me. It can still be a harem after all if everyone is childhood friends with Sueharu....

So Abe is a total piece of shit, okay.

Shiro just seems to have some Gamers! levels of misunderstanding but is figuring things out now after she heard the true story regarding Sueharu. So she was also doing some petty revenge plot on her end to get back at Sueharu for "not showing up" srsly, this is worse than getting revenge because your first love got it on with another dude before you could lmao. But I like where her character is going now.

The ending song is pretty fun, +1 for that.
Apr 21, 2021 3:37 PM
Dec 2019
So basically this MC is a wimp just like that MC from oresuki...
Apr 21, 2021 3:51 PM

Oct 2014
Script progresses the plot faster than Formula 1.
Very unfortunate.
Apr 21, 2021 3:56 PM
Jul 2018
The death of Maru's mother was very strange, I didn't understand much, The dramatic past of Maru's actor.

The part of kachi getting to know Maru as a child was very interesting, you can already know that she still likes Maru.
Apr 21, 2021 3:56 PM

Apr 2015
Yeah, don't like this Abe guy one bit...

Oh I like this twist, so they are actually both childhood friends, that's clever with the title that was given to the show. In that way the title didn't lie to us... Fooled me big time. However it's quite the common trope by now as it reminds me of Masamune-kun and Haganai, which has simular situations.

This time around it's Haru who doesn't realize that Shiro is actually Kachi. I am surprised that Kachi was never told about Haru's mother's (weird?) accident... Instead she became angry of Haru leaving her behind and got pretty and famous as revenge. It's all about revenge in this story eh?

Right now I am just hoping that Haru won't have 10 episodes to figure out who Kachi actually is. Needs to happen sooner, but we'll see.

Honestly, Kuro still my favorite and I can already see the pain that is coming if she does stay my favorite!
Apr 21, 2021 4:09 PM

Sep 2010
Man this is really shaping up to be the basic main route of a visual novel. I've played too many and already see Kachi wining seeing as they built her backstory to be grown as a independent heroine that's strong to stand by herself thanks to getting inspired by the MC in the past.

Unless they build Kuro as a character that can stand without the MC, I don't see her overly attachment persona to him as a wining heroine plot.
Apr 21, 2021 4:14 PM
Nov 2020
What is Sueharu thinking? It's obvious that Kuro is the best choice for him. Why would he throw that away?
Apr 21, 2021 4:21 PM

Jan 2020
JosephDrybrough said:
Tsubasavo said:
that's a big brain move to make both of them childhood friends and give that title, i certainly didn't expect that
its annoying cause kuro is better but hes miat likely gonna end up with shiro

I haven't read the manga, but my prediction is that he'll end up with Kuro, or at least that's what I hope for. Now that we know Shiro and Sue like each other... it seems like putting them together would be too obvious? Plus, I've read enough fanfic to know that fake dating almost always ends in real dating. I think he'll start to like Kuro back and their relationship will grow.

But it looks like there's at least one other love interest for Sue? The brown-haired girl in the opening? I assume she's a love interest, anyways. But if she's not in the show yet, I doubt she'll end up being the true love
Apr 21, 2021 5:14 PM
Feb 2021
Grontan said:
This anime is rly like saekano. AND I LOVE SAEKANO LETS GOOO finally slice of life anime with good plot

Saekano shines the most at giving good closure to the rejected girls and give a proper and realistic ending with the chosen one.
I dont expect this anime to go that well, specially considering how pretty much all Harems, even the ones I like the most like the quintuplets, fail in that regard, but for now It seems promising or at least interesting.
Apr 21, 2021 5:47 PM

Dec 2014
At this point, I feel like the story might just spiral into some weird revenge nonsense. We have Abe, Kachi was trying it but after hearing the backstory seems to have given up on it. I hope there isn't some weird plot twist to make Kuro into having similar motives.

Wait, so Haru's Mom died from hitting her head on the ground? The car didn't hit her, judging from the position she was in, I'm a little curious how she ended up with a blow to the head. From the looks of it, wouldn't the body have taken the biggest brunt of the fall? Her hands and arms should have stopped her head from hitting the floor hard, it's the natural reaction of anyone. Doesn't help that they basically cut to her on the ground after showing her screaming so I have no clue how it happened.

The title was pretty much a big bait. xD
I'm curious how long they'll drag out the part where Haru doesn't know Kachi is Shiro.
Apr 21, 2021 6:55 PM

Mar 2019
The whole episode i couldnt get off my mind the image of Hestia & Bell talking...

Dunno why, but Kachi's friend look so adorable.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 21, 2021 7:04 PM
Feb 2018
penrhos said:
I'm going to drop this - I'm 99% sure I've sussed the plot and none of the characters have any depth I want to bother feeling about.

i think it's harem anime, not just love triangle, so there are more girls coming
Apr 21, 2021 7:38 PM
May 2020
WHO IS REALLY THE CHILDHOOD FRIEND?

Apr 21, 2021 8:15 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Like others here have noticed, I guess Kachi is also a childhood friend lol, and didn’t expect the sad backstories, but I kinda guessed Maru’s mom died near the beginning of the episode. Looking forward to seeing how this play turns out. Also loved that ED, very catchy and cute right off the bat.
Apr 21, 2021 8:33 PM

Jan 2021
Man overall this anime is trash episode 2 was even more trash the whole plot is trash why do people like it like it's ur cliche romance
Apr 21, 2021 8:49 PM

Jan 2013
I had to watch the 2nd episode before making any comments on this series, but now that it's here, here i go.
Wtf, i mean they both love each other yet they find some bs excuses instead of talking, he really had to faint for them to talk even if a little. Plus he has her number now, even fewer excuses. Also, why would she date someone when she loves him? For sure they will drop a mega plot to make this better as she did it for him to get to acting or smth like that but i bet you that if Kachi simply said at the beginning that she solves him since the beginning and that she wants him to go back to acting, my boy Maru would become the best actor worldwide lmao

And now Kuroha has to submit herself to all this, basically a Ruka v2 but this time she makes much more sense.

I just know that this could have all been avoidable if they simply talked lmfao
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 21, 2021 8:57 PM

Sep 2020
Why always...why the one who cares always suffers.Why always this types of series Mc is so self centered towards the beautiful ones.
Guilty

Apr 21, 2021 8:58 PM
Jul 2020
This episode was kinda meh, why?

Some scenes lacked the emotion they need to have. First when Sueharu fainted while practicing. he practically just fainted. They didn't explain to us it was due to his lack of practice and due to his mother passing away (this was explained while he was on the infirmary but it wasn't explained very well)

then one of the biggest "Plot twists" that was the Kuro is also sueharu's osananajimi was like "yes she is and what" felt like bruuuuh. That needed more action because is one of the biggest turning points in this series.

The good thing is that it seems they are going to animate more scenes that have not appeared on the manga (i have only read the manga) and that's really good cause we (me especially) are going to see more of the story.

Then the scene where Kuro is explaining the plan and they used real hands and pictures was really good ngl, that had caught me off guard and I was lol.

I hope they explain thing more carefully on the next episodes but like I said this episode was meh, let's hope storytelling gets better on the other episodes.

Apr 21, 2021 9:24 PM
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓞𝓷𝓮

Jul 2020
In comparison to the first episode which I found quite enjoyable and felt like a great start to this show, I thought this one was a let down. The MC doing the dogeza every single time he says he's sorry is just plain ridiculous, though it was sort of funny at first.

I found the character interactions and dialogue were quite plain and predictable. I don't know if it's just me noticing every annoying detail or what, but I thought almost every seasonal's first episode was amazing and weirdly, in my opinion the subsequent episodes (for a lot of them, but not all of them) were already getting boring/repetitive. Maybe it's just me...

anime list -~~- manga list
Apr 21, 2021 9:42 PM

Nov 2017
Gee, who would’ve guessed the reason he stopped acting was because his mom died from... not getting hot but a car..?
Apr 21, 2021 10:39 PM

Oct 2016
Well, the childhood friend is definitely not going to lose lmao. I am sold, that was a good episode, liked it more than the first one. And now I am onboard the Kachi train.

Abe is a fucking bitch though, Kachi probably dated Abe as part of her revenge also. But, since Kachi found out the truth, I wonder what she's gonna do now. Suehara's mom acted so hard she died, that was hilarious, but also really sad at the same time. Looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 21, 2021 10:47 PM
Jun 2020
Im thought this anime like Nisekoi but another version...😅😅😅😅
Apr 21, 2021 11:00 PM

Oct 2008
for this episode i'll put this as 1/5 because of the appalling event that happen to Maru's mother...she died from a stunt fail? a car hit her head!? da faq!?!? they should have made it more brutal by chopping her head-off! what an epic fail past flashback!
1/5.

Apr 21, 2021 11:04 PM
Feb 2017
I feel like the plot moved really fast to the point where half the things just felt forced. Sueharu getting a panic attack on stage and talking about the death of his mom just felt out of place and made to look so unimportant.

Apr 22, 2021 12:06 AM

Jul 2020
This episode was actually quite good

Kachi is immediately giving me a lot of the same vibes Mai-san gave me, so I'm already pretty attached to her character. As well we got more about her back story with Haru, which is really interesting.

Kuro is a way more likeable character than she was in the 1st episode, and damn is Haru pathetic, but that's exactly what I like about him. I'm excited to see Haru give Abe his eventual beatdown
LeEggBreadApr 22, 2021 12:15 AM
Apr 22, 2021 12:10 AM

Feb 2016
Tsubasavo said:
that's a big brain move to make both of them childhood friends and give that title, i certainly didn't expect that

The funny part hasn't even started yet
Apr 22, 2021 4:32 AM

Jun 2017
hhh, Shiro/Kachi just pretty much reminded me of Yozora from Haganai minus the bullying

gonna keep watching this to see if she's gonna meet the same fate as Yozora or not, lol
Apr 22, 2021 4:40 AM
Jul 2019
MegamiRem said:
Title of the anime "Romcom where childhood friend won't lose". And then it turns out Kachi is also a childhood friend. Is this going where I think it is lol? If it is then that title's a big bait.

Kuro was freaking adorable yet again, damn we got another kiss bait. Just kiss already, she's perfect gf material.

This is how they keep 12 year olds interested until the last episode, what is the point of watching if there is no hope of them kissing in the next episode, this is the shittiest anime with the shittiest backstory I've ever seen, and I'm still watching.
Apr 22, 2021 5:37 AM
Mar 2021
It turned out that Shiro was his childhood friend too. Once again, Kuro is very cute and adorable, she really is a material gf. I like the ED too.
Apr 22, 2021 6:10 AM
Dec 2018
The title of this show suggests that the author is a troll and the ending is going to be frustrating.
Apr 22, 2021 6:13 AM
Apr 2021
peachyixxy said:
JosephDrybrough said:
its annoying cause kuro is better but hes miat likely gonna end up with shiro

I haven't read the manga, but my prediction is that he'll end up with Kuro, or at least that's what I hope for. Now that we know Shiro and Sue like each other... it seems like putting them together would be too obvious? Plus, I've read enough fanfic to know that fake dating almost always ends in real dating. I think he'll start to like Kuro back and their relationship will grow.

But it looks like there's at least one other love interest for Sue? The brown-haired girl in the opening? I assume she's a love interest, anyways. But if she's not in the show yet, I doubt she'll end up being the true love
i get what you mean but i feel like theres a pattern where since she was the first one to confess she wont be successful u know but either way its going to be interesting
Apr 22, 2021 12:37 PM

Nov 2013
damn one post just made me realize that they're both childhood friends what a big brain move :o
nevertheless the episode was really boring and didn't stand out at all from all the other romcoms but I kinda like the characters they remind me a bit of the bunch from horimiya
Apr 22, 2021 2:16 PM

Mar 2014
Oh so "Shirokusa, the crush" is actually an old acquaintance that Sueharu knew as "SHIRO" !!? What a banal twist, 5/10
RedChromeApr 22, 2021 9:25 PM
Apr 22, 2021 7:30 PM

May 2015
"The childhood friend cannot lose if all of the harem consists of childhood friend." - Author, probably

1000 iq title bait of the year
Apr 22, 2021 7:31 PM

Nov 2015
OnionKnightRises said:
I actually laughed out loud when they showed the flashback of his mom dying. She didn't even get hit with the car, she died because she was so focused on acting?

Her death is literally on par with Kazuma's death from KonoSuba, except it was delivered completely straight, which made it even funnier.

Yep! I felt the same way. It was played straight so I wasn't sure if it was meant to be satire at first. Either way it was hilarious and it makes me question the writing.
Apr 22, 2021 7:43 PM

Jan 2011
author must of thought he had the biggest IQ big brain move thinking the childhood friend can't lose if i make everyone it lol... really didn't even try to make it subtle

still overall pretty awful even for a romcom but i love ayane Inori and Matsuoka trio
Apr 22, 2021 8:36 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Damn, I am on team shiro. That whole scene at the end with her was quite good to say the least

Apr 22, 2021 9:19 PM

Dec 2020
writer girl is also a childhood friend huh? guess no childhood friend can lose if everyone's a childhood friend lmao. mc's mom died because of her acting.. ? LMFAO was that supposed to be emotional or ??? hilarious either way. could not take the scenes after that seriously when i now know the cause of his trauma was because of That. still a pretty mediocre show so far. op and ed are nice !
lizzzizizApr 22, 2021 9:35 PM
Apr 23, 2021 7:07 AM
Mar 2012
OP dancing really cute, kinda DeathParade feel.
More Nisekoi elements of course both have history with him.
So Sue, Shiro, Abe make 3 revenge plots, this going well...
His mom died a Kazuma death?? But more likely it's head to asphalt.
Apr 23, 2021 7:32 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, Sueharu backstory, and surprisingly its all connected, even to those supposed rival. Haru was supposed to be a child actor before. But for some unfortune incident he forced to be hiatus and its changed him to be the average boy suddenly with a potential harem surrounding him started out from his childhood memories. Hmm, idk why but the plot seems already familiar somewhere before. Kuroha colorful sisters, tho. I can't want to see all of them getting introduced, and the next confession festival event sounds fun. In short for this one, i can't help but sure, its a solid preposition to the characters foundation and their initial trigger to entering the same circle (i hope its the right words, so, well, thats it!).
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 23, 2021 8:37 AM

Nov 2014
So fucking disappointed. With title like that I expected it's clear Kuro route, but now we get another childhood friend. On top of it Shiro has all the "first love" BS going for her.
As if that wasn't enough, there is supper annoying Abe. With boring protagonist and mediocre comedy, this anime lost nearly everything that could be good.
I'm not sure if I'll continue it or just wait for ending to see the result.
Apr 23, 2021 1:39 PM
Aug 2020
Instantly dropped at the 3 minute mark
Worst plot line ever. So yeah, I am dating this girl because I hate you and I wanted to steal your first love.
Apr 24, 2021 1:53 AM

Apr 2012
I think based off the comments people may be right. I ship Shiro for the sheer reason the mc is in love with her. Her backstory with the main character has a lot more meaning as of episode two but both girls are great. Cant wait to see how this turns out.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 25, 2021 3:24 AM

Mar 2018
Kachi seemed to be out for revenge so I wonder if Abe's plan is really his or if it's actually hers.
Apr 25, 2021 9:42 AM

Jun 2012
Damn, the car didn't kill his mom, but she acted SO HARD she died on set.

That's some Calculon level acting right there.
Apr 27, 2021 2:58 AM

Oct 2018
Kachi confesses that she loves Haru now, this is gonna be the best. But I'm pretty sure there's more to this cause this is a harem show. The question is, who will he end up with now?

Kachi past is really cute, it's adorable to see Kachi and Haru met each other in such a young age <3

It appears Truck-kun is absent and Car-kun replaced him to isekai his mother (Well the car didn't hit her though). Kind of sad, but the drama is top notch.

Now, what will happen now on stage, I'm looking forward for the next episode.
Forum set made by Nate
Apr 27, 2021 5:03 AM

Dec 2012
Ah yes I like this episode.
Her mom didn't even get hit, She died because on focus on acting wtf?!

Apr 27, 2021 10:50 AM
Nov 2019
DoraemonPure said:
Why always...why the one who cares always suffers.Why always this types of series Mc is so self centered towards the beautiful ones.
Guilty

because this blonde bitch is annoying and acts so childish if she rlly loved him she would be happy for him that he found someone who he loves
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2021

118 by MoeMoeKyun »»
Aug 7, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2021

52 by Alexanime_ »»
Feb 15, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2021

60 by Buraot »»
Jan 20, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2021

179 by eldnahwen »»
Jan 13, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2021

77 by aint_noway »»
Jul 6, 2023 8:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.