Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 6, 2021 12:30 PM
Sep 2019
Episodes are getting better by the week. Has rekindled my love for Horimiya all over again. Straight to the point, no beating around the bush nonsense that too many romance anime’s do.
Feb 6, 2021 12:46 PM
Aug 2020
Lol Hori's dad is funny, I hope we see more of him
Feb 6, 2021 1:00 PM

Apr 2020
Best Boy Kyousuke is here and its hilarious.

Probably my favorite episode so far.
Feb 6, 2021 1:04 PM

Nov 2017
Why is this anime only 13 episodes man...

I want at least 1,000.
Feb 6, 2021 1:14 PM
Dec 2020
Kyousuke is the coolest dad I've ever seen lol
Feb 6, 2021 1:25 PM
Sep 2020
pouckis said:
69noonji said:
bro there's like no development in their relationship. like why do they love each other already

I think you don't need any development to love someone ..

Very cute and funny episode. I think we have already the best Romance(/Comedy ?) anime for this year.

I just feel like it was really rushed and I feel no connection in their relationship or between the characters
Feb 6, 2021 1:34 PM
Jul 2018
Ok kyosuke is already my favorite character what a lad
Feb 6, 2021 1:34 PM

Aug 2020
Yeah, It's getting interesting.

Kyousuke is damn hot thou and a Yuri ??

Feb 6, 2021 2:03 PM
Jul 2018
Nice.................
Feb 6, 2021 2:22 PM

Jul 2020
Hori's dad looking like a hentai protagonist lmao.

They held hands. It's official.
Feb 6, 2021 2:25 PM

Jan 2018
Finally the episode Kyousuke appears in which I'm very happy about! He's as funny and interesting as he's ever been! I personally really love him and I'm excited to see him more often in future episodes.
I actually found his voice actor to be perfect and it definitely suits Kyousuke!
On top of that this episode was really cute and I loved it!

Feb 6, 2021 2:32 PM

Oct 2018
very cute episode and Kyoko's dad is so funny :')
Feb 6, 2021 2:41 PM

Aug 2020
They nailed Kyosuke, some very cute moments between hori and miyamura.
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Feb 6, 2021 2:48 PM

Oct 2011
I like how the relationship naturally confirmed itself through Hori's father visiting rather than needing a concrete "confession" scene. It seems that their relationship should grow without too much drama, hopefully.

And so we move on to Kono and Ayasaki. Really curious how Kono could end up with Ishikawa now that he should now be (hopefully) moving on from Hori, and if Ayasaki will try to go for anyone.
Feb 6, 2021 2:52 PM
Oct 2016
Kyousuke Hori: not your average dad

Feb 6, 2021 3:13 PM

May 2020
This episode was so cute, it made me cry
Feb 6, 2021 3:28 PM

May 2015
this is A D O R A B L E aaaaaaaaaaaaa the way Hori-san said Miyamura was her boyfriend im------ plusss i want to see more of Tooru x Sakura
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Feb 6, 2021 3:36 PM
Apr 2020
Really made me realize how lonely I am from this episode. Feb 14 is gnna suuuuuck
Feb 6, 2021 3:36 PM
Apr 2016
Noofar said:
Where did you watch the episode?
Animelab is where you can stream the show
Feb 6, 2021 3:59 PM
Mar 2015
Glad they straightened out their relationship and did not have to go through shoujo relationship crap
Feb 6, 2021 4:14 PM
Jul 2019
69noonji said:

I just feel like it was really rushed and I feel no connection in their relationship or between the characters

Let me guess you are a fan of Romantic drama, and because their relationship has just been smooth sailing and vibes. U think that it hasn't been emphasized enough that they like each other through unnecessarily long misunderstanding or drama.
And personally, I think that one of Horimiya's strongest perks is how well written it's characters are. And how their relations with each other just draws u in.
Feb 6, 2021 4:24 PM

Apr 2015
So fucking wholesome.

I was expecting a very akward encounter with Miyamura after that confession and we got just that. Heck, Sota even added some fuel to the fire, cause of Hori acting odd when Miyamura is around.

Honesty, the moment the dad walked in, I already got the impression of, yeah that's not a character to take very seriously, but he will bring some great moments. He even dragged another confession out of Miyamura while Hori-san was able to hear everything. God, I wanted to see her face when Miyamura said "She's the one I fell for." Kyousuke is great addition to the cast.

They held hands and oh my did I love that scene with all the embarrassement.

Some nice Sakura moments near the end. I want her and Ishikawa to get together really soon. Ishikawa's heartbreak needs to be fixed!
Feb 6, 2021 4:31 PM
Feb 2021
Anyone know what soundtrack was playing when they were walking holding hands?😭it made me feel alive again
Feb 6, 2021 4:46 PM
Sep 2017
69noonji said:
bro there's like no development in their relationship. like why do they love each other already

They skipped several chapters in the manga that flesh out the earlier stages of the relationship. Nonetheless, it still makes sense in the anime, when you hang out with an attractive person of the opposite gender every day and like their personality. It's pretty much how most high school relationships start.
Feb 6, 2021 4:47 PM
Feb 2021
Totally did not expect Hori-san would have such a cool, laid back dad. That whole scene with Papa Hori was hilarious especially when he dropped that “You can’t have my daughter line”.

And man, that hand holding scene was too wholesome. I love how Hori is starting to become more straightforward with her feelings for Miyamura.

Really just can’t wait for more light and fluffy episodes from this series. This has recently become my guilty pleasure every Sunday morning hihi
Feb 6, 2021 4:48 PM
Feb 2021
91days_ said:
Anyone know what soundtrack was playing when they were walking holding hands?😭it made me feel alive again
OMG I WANT TO KNOW ALSO
Feb 6, 2021 5:00 PM

Dec 2013
Looks they are officially a couple! Seeing them walking hand in hand made me smile.

Hori's father is way too much fun to watch.
Feb 6, 2021 5:13 PM

Mar 2016
dayum kyosuke hori is so mf fineeeee <3

such a cute episode. it all feels a bit rushed, but i am not against it!

strawberaetaeFeb 6, 2021 5:17 PM

Feb 6, 2021 5:21 PM
Feb 2021
jisoorabbitkim said:
91days_ said:
OMG I WANT TO KNOW ALSO
IKR I TRIED Shazam and looked up for soundtracks but wasn’t able to find anything :/
Feb 6, 2021 5:25 PM

Feb 2019
It still bothers me how some conflicts are so suddenly brought up and even more swiftly handled. In the space of about two minutes, for the Remi and Sakura debacle, there's the inciting incident, escalating tensions, climax, resolution and aftermath. If this isn't a sign of pacing issues, I don't know what is. I know, I know, 'side characters can't take up too much screentime', but this is just jarring.

Unrelated to the show itself, I'm watching a couple of shows with funimation subs this season, but, for this one specifically, it just gets worse and worse, I don't know why.
Feb 6, 2021 5:39 PM
Feb 2018
I died when I first read it. I died again.
Feb 6, 2021 5:55 PM
Oct 2020
69noonji said:

I totally get your point. Most RomComs END when the relationship starts so we never really get to see them "together" so this is a change of pace similar to Tonikawa (Which I didn't like at first but grew on me). I feel like shows taking this new approach is good. But I also get the criticism because shows like Kaguya sama are unrivaled when it comes to writing and the development of their relationship (Shirogane x Kaguya)
Feb 6, 2021 6:03 PM
Oct 2020
Kosmonaut said:
It still bothers me how some conflicts are so suddenly brought up and even more swiftly handled. In the space of about two minutes, for the Remi and Sakura debacle, there's the inciting incident, escalating tensions, climax, resolution and aftermath. If this isn't a sign of pacing issues, I don't know what is. I know, I know, 'side characters can't take up too much screentime', but this is just jarring.

Unrelated to the show itself, I'm watching a couple of shows with funimation subs this season, but, for this one specifically, it just gets worse and worse, I don't know why.

The pacing is a little too fast. I have no problem with the subs (as a sub only watcher). I feel like if it went too slow nothing eventful would happen this season. But i def feel like more anime could use 24 ep season one for shows to build better foundations.
Feb 6, 2021 6:19 PM

Jun 2020
A very wholesome episode.

When Horimiya kept saying "Chika" repeatedly I can't help but think of that one song in Kaguya-sama: Love is war.
Feb 6, 2021 6:30 PM

Jul 2020
My fav seiyuu Ono Daisuke is playing a role for this series<3
Feb 6, 2021 6:31 PM
Oct 2020
Don't get me wrong, I like Horimiya as in Hori and Miyamura. But rn I feel like I care more about Tooru and Sakura. Toru liking Hori and having to deal with that sucks but its also so cool how he takes it gracefully and congratulates/encourages Miyamura which I really respect Toru for, as well as the writing being more mature . Sakura has been eyeing Tooru but has problems with how she sees herself but is actually really cute. Im interested in seeing how she's going to try to get toru's attention. And Remi... I used to think she was just an annoying person but she's really just playful and nosey and goes too far sometimes but really does care about the ppl around her. Damn the side characters are really good here.
Feb 6, 2021 6:46 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Having Hori's father just randomly drop in like that was the funniest part of the episode. It's nice to see Hori and Miyamura grow closer in their relationship. It seems like Sakura has a crush on torou, but she needs to stop comparing herself to other girls like Remi and have more confidence in herself. Toru on the other hand needs to let Hori go as soon as possible because its starting to make his friendship with Miyamura a little toxic.
Feb 6, 2021 6:47 PM

Jul 2016
I don't have a high bar for rom-coms but man, at least make the romance progression feel believable. Hori is basically an hysteric girl whose behaviour is more exasperating than cute and so far, I can't see why Miyamura fell for her. It's like a lot of important events between them were skipped because I seriously can't see them as a couple... yet.

Kinda mediocre episode overall. I guess I'm getting too old for the "he was with another girl?!" teenage drama and the part with Sakura assuming she wasn't "cute" was so randomly placed. It felt totally awkward in my opinion.

69noonji said:
pouckis said:

I think you don't need any development to love someone ..

Very cute and funny episode. I think we have already the best Romance(/Comedy ?) anime for this year.

Don't worry. You are not the only one who thinks that.
Feb 6, 2021 7:12 PM

Jan 2019
Kyousuke will be something else to watch as we continue here. The family dynamic is clearly strained, but either they've learned to cope or they're just putting on a strong face. And given that it's only episode 5, I'm betting on the latter.

Still, how sick is it Miyamura got his girl's father to act as his wingman (albeit unintentionally)?
Feb 6, 2021 7:27 PM

Jan 2020
KillerCrocX said:
69noonji said:
I don't know about no development but it is rushed, but I think thats why I like it so much. I wanted a chill/comedy romance, and we get that but shit actually happens in their relationship. Like many comedy romances is just a harem and nothing major happens. Then you can watch a romance anime where relationships actually develop alot but its filled with slow cliche plot points that I've seen a million times before. I wouldn't say no development, like they have time skips where id assume they are just hanging out in that time. Do we really need to see all the friends go to a fireworks festival or have a school festival to develop their relationship?

Overall I just like the fast pace. I really don't need another harem that goes no where or a really slow drama romance, seen that so many times.

I originally didn't like how rushed their relationship felt, with them just seemingly falling in love out of nowhere and getting super comfortable with each other super quick. But your explanation's kinda making me change my mind a little.

I mean, I still feel like the first two, maybe three, episodes had them advancing through their relationship really quick, but I agree that a lot of other romance anime tend to really drag on for no reason, and Horimiya is a little refreshing with how it jumps right into the relationship.

Still, I would like to see them hanging out more outside of just school and studying/eating at Hori's house. Hori's "sick day" was a nice change of pace, so hopefully more stuff like that gets to happen so it doesn't just feel like every episode is school, house, confession, blushing.

And also more development for the side characters, though I'm sure that's coming soon. We've already gotten some stuff on Sakura in this episode. Hopefully, we'll see more of Ishikawa, too, aside from his crush on Hori. Seems like he and Sakura are def being set up as a side couple.
Feb 6, 2021 7:38 PM

Jul 2020
Probably the best episode so far. Dude they held hands! So freaking cute. Miyamura's reactions were still a bit too feminine for my tastes but their interactions really made me giggle.

I accept random friend requests!
Feb 6, 2021 7:44 PM
Nov 2020
Not going to lie, I'm not especially enjoying the animation aspects of the show thus far. I feel the episode was slow paced, and the movement of the characters have been unnatural throughout the show. For example, when Hori and Miyamura were walking in the night - THEY WERE LITERALLY GOING AT TIPTOE SPEED. Enjoyed the confession though.
Feb 6, 2021 7:54 PM
Aug 2020
That was so good. Finally they're together.
Feb 6, 2021 7:56 PM
Jul 2017
It's simply a heartwarming episode. Kinda sad to see what they left out though. High hopes for the rest of the episodes.
Feb 6, 2021 7:56 PM

Jan 2020
Kyosuke reminds me lots of Akio from Clannad and I love it. Interesting episode and seeing the relationship between the two evolve has been really nice to see and the visuals are amazing like it always is.

Feb 6, 2021 8:00 PM

May 2020
I don't like how there was basically no build-up to them becoming a couple, it just... happened... I personally felt like this episode was a little hard to watch, the beginning was very annoying with the whole misunderstanding and in the middle it felt really awkward, the dialogue in this show is really awkward in the first place, at least in my perspective.
Feb 6, 2021 8:05 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
As much as I am sad that some chapters are getting cut to fit in the more 'important' scenes, I still can't help but be so so happy when watching this anime. Hori agreeing with Kyousuke that Miyamura is her boyfriend and them holding hands got me grinning from ear to ear because I love seeing one of my favourite manga couples getting animated (here's hoping one day Hirunaka no Ryuusei gets adapted too some day) and how pure they are. If things keep progressing as it is, this will definitely be one of my new anime favourites (especially if they do Miyamura's 'glow up' right).
Feb 6, 2021 8:33 PM
Feb 2021
I wish they didn’t skip over the family dinner. But it was a good episode though 🥰
Feb 6, 2021 8:50 PM

Sep 2020
Gilgameshuu said:
I don't like how there was basically no build-up to them becoming a couple, it just... happened... I personally felt like this episode was a little hard to watch, the beginning was very annoying with the whole misunderstanding and in the middle it felt really awkward, the dialogue in this show is really awkward in the first place, at least in my perspective.

This show is not for you drop it, and watch only re zero in that way we all will be happy
Feb 6, 2021 8:56 PM
Apr 2016
Using misunderstandings for plot is invariably contrived, however, here in Horimiya it's fine since it was solved almost immediately as they quickly called out the crux issue. This is the correct way to use "misunderstandings" or "I'm not gonna listen."

Only 5 episodes for them to start dating.. that's impressive in romance anime standards!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 23, 2021

232 by exho26 »»
May 4, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

407 by Devill4010 »»
May 1, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2021

165 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2021

217 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 11:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.