Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 24, 2020 9:46 AM

Jul 2017
Some people say this is better than Cinderella Nine. I personally think they're both equally bad. Tamayomi kinda has better characters and better flow of its story, but the animation is painful to look at, it's just terrible.

4/10
Jun 25, 2020 6:00 AM

Aug 2018
Wow Yomi's team wiinning was unexpected af

Nakamura's team got beaten by this newly form team that played 2-3 official games in fact they are more experienced and also a powerhouse team that had been in the nationals.Thats why i didnt like the ending that bothers me a lot they won with luck on their side in that last inning.With that result i dont want this to get another season whats the point they just beat a powerhouse team in means they can beat any team lol.

Aside from that i think the story was decent.Characters were meh some are not that flesh out but in all of them my fav are Yoshino and Ibuki they really have great and flesh out personality.Animation is... let just dont talk about it.

With that gonna give this a

7/10

I think this anime had potential if other better studios handled this.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jun 28, 2020 9:04 AM
Jun 2020
I know this thread is a little old. Hope someone will be able to see it and help. I really liked and enjoyed the show despite the awkward art and low production value that it was getting slammed for. Man, people were even complaining about the voice acting. None of this stuff bothered me or took away from my enjoyment of the show. It was fun and had a happy ending.

I see a few of us wouldn't mind another season to see how the tournament ends up. They did give us a clue I think. Go back to the very first episode. The very first scene, as the show fades in. It centers on a scoreboard. Lots of info on that scoreboard that I can't read. Yomi is standing on the mound. They're at a big game. The stands are packed. There's a marching band playing. Huge game. When I look at the scoreboard. Looks like first inning, 0-0, and no outs. Just the beginning. Then Yomi thinks about the past and how this all got started and the anime shifts to the beginning.

Can anyone translate that scoreboard? Im sure it says who they're playing. Maybe it says what round and if its the finals or something. Thanks in advance!
Ewilson222Jun 28, 2020 3:47 PM
Jun 29, 2020 12:41 PM

Nov 2012
Liddo-kun said:
Tama and Yomi

ths sisters

Besides being a fan of baseball, this thicc pictures and moments are the reason I liked this show, damn those legs man, every chap, perfection.

My Candies:

Jul 1, 2020 1:13 PM

Jul 2015
Impressive to see Nozomi hit that homerun there and also Yomi's power fastballs, really thought they would lose again.

Have to say this last match against Ryoyoukan was pretty enjoyable to watch compared to the rest of the series. Animation wasn't really that good and story felt a bit cliché with nothing unique outside the CGDCT thing (and dam THICC thighs). I wish they made the characters a bit more memorable as halfway through the show I kinda forgot who was who.

Jul 3, 2020 2:39 AM

May 2019
Despite the animation issues and the jarring pacing, the characterisation was reasonably well-managed and it ended up undeserving of the exorbitant hate that it's getting.

6/10

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jul 5, 2020 3:54 PM

Apr 2012
Nozomi hitting that homerun, Yomi throwing that beast pitch, overall great finale.

The series had solid characters, interesting matches, sure the production had some issues here and there, but I've seen worse sports anime, who cares about what animation babies think?
Jul 13, 2020 11:27 PM

May 2018
The anime was good enough to make me interested in the manga. Too bad it's not translated past the first 5 chapters, last one being released 3 months ago.
Jul 20, 2020 4:10 PM
Mar 2013
Hey, I didn't watch the anime or read the manga, so I just want to know are there lesbians or not. Just tell me.
Jul 21, 2020 7:27 PM

May 2010
Not the best, but not the worst either. Obviously the animation was bad, but it was a simple enough story that it didn't really need great animation IMHO. A little more budget would have been nice, but I think the staff did a good job with the meager funds they were given.

I liked how the final match progressed somewhat realistically. A statistically good game plan that didn't quite match up to reality, lots of "this is it" moments that amounted to nothing, the godly curveball getting hit over and over again, team strategy meetings that had minimal effect on the game, and the final decisive pitch still getting hit instead of being a dramatic strike out; all this is what I'd expect from a real life sports match, but not so much from anime.
“Money can't buy dere”
Jul 30, 2020 4:45 PM

Oct 2008
They won and Yomi got her satisfying pleasurable sweet revenge!
5/5.
6/10.

Feb 9, 2021 6:29 PM
Jan 2017
Too many people rate this show low because of animation problems. I'm glad that doesn't affect my enjoyment. This was easily a 9 for me, the main 4 plus Nozomi were the stand outs when it came to characters, but really 5 out of 9 getting some focus ain't bad in a 12 episode anime. Yomi was amazing, I ended up loving her so much more than I expected. Her joy and happy go nature was so captivating and infectious. Ibuki was my 2nd favorite just for the sheer fact that she became a walk machine lol. It was funny Kasumi thinking she was in the zone and then Ibuki just gets a walk.

Story was good, and they basically shocked everyone who thought they were going to lose so much for "predictable" right predictable posters? For those curious how far they made it in the manga,

What I really loved about this show is the focus on baseball, every episode focused a lot on baseball whether it was something as simple as practice or just playing catch. I definitely enjoyed this much more than Cinderella 9. That show annoyed me when it implemented so much drama filled episodes in the 2nd half of the show. It didn't feel like a baseball show or a GCDCT anymore but as a background for their drama. Also no other baseball girls anime show I've seen was so in depth with baseball. They actually talked about defensive shifts! And on base percentage. OBP I've seen used but shifts? I've never seen that talked about in a girls baseball anime. Though Yoshino does need to work on following the saying "never bunt". All in all, this show could have received much more love if people weren't so obsessed with animation. I know chances are low but hopefully we can get a season 2 with better production because it's hard to even continue this series in the manga because they're not even translated!
Feb 24, 2021 8:00 AM
Apr 2019
still a good anime for me, I think they will lose because this is episode 12 but no. the story easy to follow, usually sport anime have high pace.
8/10
Instead scoring anime by Art, Story, Character, and Sound I will score anime by how much I enjoy the show
Jun 26, 2021 10:47 AM

Feb 2020
I'm glad they won. :) Good job, girls!

Well, I think Cindarella Nine is much more entertaining than this.

SerafosOct 23, 2022 1:53 AM
Dec 6, 2021 5:55 AM

Dec 2020
Overall the animation quality consistency was kinda all over the place. Sometimes it looked bad, ok, and then detailed in some spots and then the CGI was also pretty random too.

Putting that aside the characters were cute and story wasn't bad. 6ish 7 outta ten
Sep 17, 2022 3:25 PM
Nov 2019
This was a really fun episode. To see Nozomi hitting that homer and everyone happily celebrated. :) . That was the moment this anime became a 9 for me. There may have not been much buildup or development since it's just 12 episodes, but I'm okay with low budget stuff. I'm glad I finished this anime and will read the manga next.
Neat.
Also neat.
And another.
+ another one.
And another one.
Then have one more.
Actually, have two more.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Any Chance Of A 2nd Season?

Roderick24_ - Jan 25, 2022

2 by goodbyedays »»
Jan 26, 2022 4:05 AM

Poll: » Tamayomi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2020

19 by Kojo127 »»
Jul 3, 2021 11:54 AM

Poll: » Tamayomi Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2020

23 by Kojo127 »»
Jul 3, 2021 3:10 AM

Poll: » Tamayomi Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2020

19 by Kojo127 »»
Jul 3, 2021 3:05 AM

Poll: » Tamayomi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 27, 2020

18 by Serafos »»
Jun 26, 2021 6:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.