Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 12, 2020 3:29 AM

May 2009
Second light novel adaptation of Tomohiro Matsu released after his death. Much better that Maarchen Maadchen. Animation was also really good for new studio "Children's Playground Entertainment".
kuroneko99 said:
The setting seems a typical phantom thief story for little girls.

Not for little girls because it's late night anime and LN is full of nudity (which obviously will be censored until blurays).
bastek66Jan 13, 2020 1:24 AM
Jan 12, 2020 2:20 PM

Nov 2012
Idk man, Hatena suddenly hating Makoto after learning he's a boy really irks me for some reason. Kinda ruined the whole episode.
Jan 12, 2020 4:22 PM

Nov 2010
bastek66 said:
kuroneko99 said:
The setting seems a typical phantom thief story for little girls.
Not for little girls because it's late night anime and LN is full nudity (which obviously will be censored until blurays.
Well then, I have to watch it. XD
---
I thought it is like "Sailor Moon" or "Kaitou Saint Tail" thing. Although I haven't watched either of them and this show's title and synopsis indicate the similarity, I just put it in my basket on a whim and fast-forwarded and zapped it.
Incidentally, one of TV commercials for this show is this. As you mentioned it, this show is a midnight program. So, the target layer of the commercial may be big brothers.
Jan 13, 2020 8:54 AM

Dec 2014
now i know this is only the first episode so things will probably get better but i've got to say, Hatena is such an annoying brat
Jan 14, 2020 5:52 AM
Mar 2012
Some good designs, tho awkward animation at times.
The magician dad, maid & Gabriel were kinda interesting. Too bad shishou just left.
Kana makes no sense, might get explained later.
Jan 14, 2020 8:36 AM

Oct 2013
The anime already went up into my high priority watch list for this season 'cuz the cute design and being unexpectedly good, not to mention having the best OP of all the shows i watched so far this season..

But this gives me even more reason/stuff to look forward to 🙃:
bastek66 said:

Not for little girls because it's late night anime and LN is full of nudity (which obviously will be censored until blurays).
Jan 15, 2020 4:51 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
reminds me both of To Love ru AND Negima, which is great, since those are 2 of my first harems
Jan 16, 2020 12:28 AM
Jan 2016
I wonder how they're going to do this adaptation because the author died before he could finish it
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Jan 17, 2020 5:33 AM
Oct 2016
There's a maid with glasses, and her name is Ema. Hmm...

Anyway, this was a fun episode, I lkike this.

I think this works good enough as a signature.
Jan 18, 2020 1:16 PM

Nov 2009
Huh... that's some 1080 degree turning shit.

Gone from "We're best friends, HUG and KISSES" to "HOLY HELL, FUCK NO, GO DIE"....

And funny thing is... she was calling him a "like a Prince out of manga"... does she think Princes are girls? what? LUL...

And apparently the girl has some sort of real magic?

All the while the dude gets tricked into being a butler.

This series looks stupid, I'll watch a few more episode and see how it goes.

(Best part of this episode was the red-hair maid)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 19, 2020 3:36 AM
Sep 2019
Personally i am fucking SICK of the "overly nice and flawless mc with the patience of a rock" characters, i kinda want it to be a bit like oresuki when he gets annoyed at "too dumb to precieve gender tsudere" girl, bit its not gonna happen, the animation was bad the story is so predictable i thought i was watching Nisekoi, and it seems to be ripping off the Combat Butler anime a bit
This is just me though, i like flawed assholes like kazuma satou too much and i can tell that there isnt going to he any development for makoto at all, because hes already objectively perfect, and thats always a recipienfor disaster unless youre trying to mock it
Also yes, the little sister is cute as hell, but if you want cute as hell, watch nekopara im pretty sure Vanilla is literally just her
TurnoverHDJan 19, 2020 3:44 AM
Jan 19, 2020 8:30 PM

Feb 2019
Why did she suddenly completely flip upon finding out that Makoto is a guy? I mean, surprising for her, okay. But why did she suddenly do a 180 and basically kinda hate him?

Not that interesting, but not boring enough for me to drop it yet. Guess I'll watch until the 3rd episode and see.

DrMurdoch said:
This was a great first episode, the girls reaction when she finds out that he is a boy is like when you see Yuri crusader getting angry at a show here in the forums

Damn, this is hilarious.
Feb 21, 2020 8:03 AM
Jun 2012
KhayalCorp88 said:
This season, there is a show where a girl mistaken as a boy.
And now, a show where a boy mistaken as a girl.

Is this thing an old way to tell a relationship or a new one ?

This is will be RomCom with magician theme, I guess. Although the MC is kinda annoying, this show have a good start.

Just for pure curiousity what's the other show you're talking about?
Apr 28, 2020 1:15 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty fun start, didn't expect that from a magical girl show about magicians

Love the design done by the Illustrator of To-love ru, gives me some nostalgic feelings...not only for the ecchi...

So far the maid looks like the most interesting one in my opinion
UnkrownedApr 28, 2020 1:00 PM

May 21, 2020 10:58 PM

Sep 2018
kinda scary how people are so sensitive to how a teen girl reacts to finding out her childhood best friend isn't a girl but a boy.
it doesn't have to do with gender, as in the fact that he's a BOY, it has to do with how he's different from what she thought the whole time. they shared personal time and fun together so she was probably embarrassed and confused and shocked at first so she reacted in an immature and stupid way which is not uncommon for her age (and also this being an anime)
the Japanese culture is also very conservative so she probably found it weird and uncomfortable that her childhood best friend was a boy, especially with how close they were
lol but that's just from my perspective, im not completely defending her exactly, just had a little laugh at the commentors who are totally being ridiculous LOL

that btw doesn't make this show any less trash, hate it!
Nov 10, 2020 7:23 AM
Nov 2020
Not gonna lie even if th anime has weird beginning it gets way better
Jul 28, 2022 7:17 AM

Dec 2020
Feels dated with the abundance of tropes. And the magic outfit Kana wears is goofy AF lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hatena☆Illusion Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2020

43 by josenwily »»
Jun 9, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Hatena☆Illusion Episode 12 Discussion

anime-prime - Jun 12, 2020

22 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 15, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Hatena☆Illusion Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

12 by ali676 »»
Aug 12, 2023 5:37 AM

Poll: » Hatena☆Illusion Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

8 by Kowoka »»
Aug 9, 2022 2:15 PM

Poll: » Hatena☆Illusion Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

23 by Muow »»
Jul 30, 2022 7:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.