Forum Settings
Forums

What is the definition of 10/10 anime for you?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 30, 2019 1:12 PM
News Team
Demon Spawn

Apr 2017
If I give an anime a 10/10, it's because it did something that I have never seen before and I will never be able to watch others do the same thing because it will never be the same. The anime literally shook me to my core
Sep 30, 2019 2:01 PM

Dec 2012
A 10/10 is all 3 of those poll options combined, something that is both well made and also highly enjoyable or meaningful.

GlennMagusHarvey said:
Personal note:

I use a five-point rating scale. Since it doesn't map perfectly to MAL's 10-point scale, I'm so far using 1-9, with 10 unused. Should I change it to 2-10, with 1 unused?

I don't see why anything should be unused, but having it be 1 would probably make more sense if you're going to do it that way as people generally wouldn't encounter things they hate that much very often.

Anyhow it is easy to adapt a 5 point system to a 10 point system or the opposite if you use smaller units. This is how I convert them:

"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Sep 30, 2019 2:01 PM

May 2009
Bebop_Hakusho said:
Personally my rating system is a reflection of both how much I enjoyed a show for its characters and themes and how much I appreciated it on a technical level (animation, writing, soundtrack and so on). Between these two grades I like to be able to fine tune as much as possible with 10/10 being a show that perfectly captures both, 9/10 a show that almost does both perfectly, an 8/10 that does both really well or one especially well and the other to a certain degree of competency, and so on... I think you get the point.
YossaRedMage said:
I used to be with Glenn on the issue of how fine grained the scale should be, but as I've watched more and more anime I've started to use more of the full 10 point scale. I think it's kind of a personal thing, though I have to question how accurate someone can really be with a 100 point scale such as on other rating sites. At that point it seems really arbitrary to me. I could see a case for up to like 20 points though, just as I can understand someone who just wants to use 2 points (like and dislike).
I think the problem is that if we break down a story into its mechanical parts (e.g. animation, plot, characters, soundtrack, etc.), that interpretation loses something from the entire experience.

Pretty much all anime series that get published have at least passable animation, soundtrack, artwork, and so on. If we consider them in isolation, that kinda neglects the question of whether they're effective for the purpose of producing a particular narrative experience that entertains/enlightens/etc. the viewer. For example, a certain character design might feel very iconic and appropriate for one series but out-of-place in another.

Furthermore, while breaking it down like this seems like a nod toward objectivity, evaluations of these are still inevitably subjective, as the viewer essentially gets to choose the "goal" against which effectiveness is measured, based on what they feel would be a proper/ideal version of the show.

In truth, my actual opinion of a show is not just one number, but a whole statement of opinion. The number, instead, simply represents how much I personally liked a thing. I could try to use it to represent other people's standards/tastes, but if I did, it'd just end up being kinda a muddy situation where neither idea comes out well.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Sep 30, 2019 2:02 PM

Sep 2019
Everybody has different standards. Each show can get 10/10 and 1/10 ratings from different people. I rate shows solely based on my personal enjoyment. I don't try to second guess how much other people will like it. I might have issues with aspects of the show, but if the synthesis is compelling, fills my imagination, and makes me remember it for the rest of my life, I'll give it the highest ratings. For example, Ranma 1/2, which definitely has its flaws.
Sep 30, 2019 2:14 PM

May 2009
Kruszer said:
A 10/10 is all 3 of those poll options combined, something that is both well made and also highly enjoyable or meaningful.

GlennMagusHarvey said:
Personal note:

I use a five-point rating scale. Since it doesn't map perfectly to MAL's 10-point scale, I'm so far using 1-9, with 10 unused. Should I change it to 2-10, with 1 unused?

I don't see why anything should be unused, but having it be 1 would probably make more sense if you're going to do it that way as people generally wouldn't encounter things they hate that much very often.

Anyhow it is easy to adapt a 5 point system to a 10 point system or the opposite if you use smaller units. This is how I convert them:

Yeah, I use 1/3/5/7/9 right now. I switched to this after a few years on MAL.

I actually got an Anime-Planet account after I adopted the 1/3/5/7/9 system. And based on how they convert MAL scores, now most of my scores there are half-stars, because they follow exactly the conversion you've outlined.

I've thought about changing my scores to 2/4/6/8/10, in part so as to better synch up with their star system. I guess I could just do it there and not here, but I figure it's more convenient if I update both places at once.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Sep 30, 2019 2:19 PM

Jul 2015
An outstanding experience. Everything about it was -at least- very good. An irreplaceable rare pearl of this medium, with nearly non-existing flaws within. It doesn't mean that it's perfect, but definetely the best of the best.
Sep 30, 2019 2:22 PM

Oct 2017
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Pretty much all anime series that get published have at least passable animation, soundtrack, artwork, and so on. If we consider them in isolation, that kinda neglects the question of whether they're effective for the purpose of producing a particular narrative experience that entertains/enlightens/etc. the viewer. For example, a certain character design might feel very iconic and appropriate for one series but out-of-place in another.

Furthermore, while breaking it down like this seems like a nod toward objectivity, evaluations of these are still inevitably subjective, as the viewer essentially gets to choose the "goal" against which effectiveness is measured, based on what they feel would be a proper/ideal version of the show.

Couldn't agree more. I made a similar point in my previous post, how I think it's reductionary to talk about art / animation / story etc. in isolation.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Sep 30, 2019 2:24 PM
Oct 2016
One that changed my outlook on life.
I think this works good enough as a signature.
Sep 30, 2019 2:32 PM

Nov 2018
Just something that makes me say "wow, I can't get enough of this shit". Like it makes you wanna go out of your way to consume more of it. That's why long runners > seasonals, it gives you so much time to get to know the characters and world.
Sep 30, 2019 2:35 PM

Aug 2018
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Bebop_Hakusho said:
Personally my rating system is a reflection of both how much I enjoyed a show for its characters and themes and how much I appreciated it on a technical level (animation, writing, soundtrack and so on). Between these two grades I like to be able to fine tune as much as possible with 10/10 being a show that perfectly captures both, 9/10 a show that almost does both perfectly, an 8/10 that does both really well or one especially well and the other to a certain degree of competency, and so on... I think you get the point.
YossaRedMage said:
I used to be with Glenn on the issue of how fine grained the scale should be, but as I've watched more and more anime I've started to use more of the full 10 point scale. I think it's kind of a personal thing, though I have to question how accurate someone can really be with a 100 point scale such as on other rating sites. At that point it seems really arbitrary to me. I could see a case for up to like 20 points though, just as I can understand someone who just wants to use 2 points (like and dislike).
I think the problem is that if we break down a story into its mechanical parts (e.g. animation, plot, characters, soundtrack, etc.), that interpretation loses something from the entire experience.

In truth, my actual opinion of a show is not just one number, but a whole statement of opinion. The number, instead, simply represents how much I personally liked a thing. I could try to use it to represent other people's standards/tastes, but if I did, it'd just end up being kinda a muddy situation where neither idea comes out well.

The point isn't to represent other people's opinions but rather my own appreciation of how well a series is crafted according to my own preferences. It's not objective by any means and is still completely subjective to my own tastes in artistic expression. If all a series can boast on a technical level is passable results that will reflect in my overall score because as much as I enjoy stories as emotional experiences and for when they explore ideas and themes in an interesting manner I also appreciate them as artistic expressions that can include breathtaking visuals, unique art styles, memorable music choices, incredible animation, fantastic voice over acting and many other different techniques that can raise my overall experience immensely. Not necessarily breaking these details down separately but rather looking at how they work together to add or take away from the overall experience.
Sep 30, 2019 3:19 PM

Jun 2019
If you were to look at my favorites list of which I have 10 slots filled, only 6 out of the 10 of them even there have a 10 rating.

I have a tendency to be a little more generous and forgiving and there are a handful of series I might have also given 10s to if watched a year ago or more, but since watching more anime, I'm trying to be a little more discerning and not undervalue the 10s by handing them out like candy.

A 10/10 has to combine all the poll options, but beyond that, as someone considered a pretty weird and idiosyncratic person, it has to contain something extra and specific which is difficult to define and pin down before I've seen and experienced it. That extra special layer of meaning, the chills you get, the desire to rewatch it and live again with these characters and the music and all that. Something that makes me think about fascinating issues or penetrates my ability to feel in a very personal way in a way that connects with my.....hmmm.....sense of self? Nostalgia? Longing? Desires out of life? Something I feel that gives voice in some way to a piece of me that it almost activates a nostalgic/deja vu sensation even if I never saw it when it aired initially (could be 20 years ago or whatever).

Something I would never get tired of watching myself, watching with any family or friends willing or interested, watching supplementary material on like other random people's reactions, official commentaries or documentaries or more background info, radio dramas, OST, etc. Something I would never get tired of discussing and analyzing and trying to incorporate a piece of it into my life forever in some way. Does this resonate with anyone else? It has to clear a high bar for me.

There are some which I've given a 9 to that are almost there in that they address a theme which may have brought me to tears or deep thought or both, but maybe there are several glaring detracting points like they're otherwise shoddily made with poor animation, poor music, or too huge of a cast of characters I don't care about. Other possibilities there are bad writing in parts which may have cheapened it or too much screentime devoted to overly familiar tropes that aren't interesting to me. There are others I've given a 9 to which are excellent in every aspect on a technical level, award and accolade worthy in every way more objectively, but they lack that extra personal oomph to take them over the line to 10-hood.

I won't say a 10 is necessarily perfect even to me, because I subscribe to the adage that nothing is really ever perfect (and only consider one of my 10-rated anime to have achieved this ethereal status), but a 10 is so meaningful and so powerful and so important to me that I couldn't care less that it isn't perfect. Even if it has problems I can acknowledge, they don't bother me in any actual sense and might as well be non-existent.

All of my 10s, in my view, are works of art that can compete with and hold their own or even exceed the best in any other artistic medium and treasures I'll want to revisit throughout my life in some capacity. They unlocked feelings I may have not even knew I had and got me to see the world in a different way that's so much richer.
WatchTillTandavaSep 30, 2019 3:35 PM
Sep 30, 2019 3:23 PM

Feb 2018
The options you give for the survey are the type of options that a mindless would give, anyone who has used any option from the survey should consider questioning it's own logic, because scoring an anime and using the score is not something that should be used by people who value so superficially and ignorantly.
Sep 30, 2019 3:41 PM

Aug 2019
Well a show can be unforgettable for bad reasons as well, so I've went for the top option.

If you look hard enough, you'll be able to pick apart even the most critically-acclaimed works and identify some flaws as nothing is ever perfect, which is why I never went for the second option.

Sep 30, 2019 3:45 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Something that I enjoy all aspects of is what I'd say is a 10/10 show.
Sep 30, 2019 3:52 PM

Oct 2017
Like say database's animelist MASTERPIERCE!(Sometimes it's no true :v)
Sep 30, 2019 4:15 PM
Jan 2018
Demonic_Axe said:
Pipie123 said:
Theoretically there is no such thing as a 10/10 anime as many people could give your 10/10 anime a 1/10. That being said it is an anime that not only sticks to our hearts, but also gives us consideration on how we should handle the situations that we are stuck in.

Whether it is a kid's anime that we grew up with that springs our hobbies, to ones that help us cope with our modern problems, 10/10 will watch again.

You just earned a golden medal from me!

Earned a last place finish ranking from me, the concept of any question and answer is generally theoretial.
However specifically incase and point,been given/asked to answer within the set confines off defined 3 possible answers provided.

Though get what your trying to say,basically your answer/option is the 1st.

"Preordained validation off any anime is solely subjective to each and every individually."

Proof: you only need to read the differing marks out of 10 for each and every review on the site
Sep 30, 2019 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
The presence of a trap is the main factor :>

I give those scores to shows that in my eyes excelled in what they were trying to accomplish and that were almost flawless at that. It can be for how well written the characters were, how emotionally and visullay engaging it was, it can be for how well paced it was as well as the atmophere, or everything previous mention. Spirited Away, Planetes, Perfect Blue, EVA, Monster are a few of the shows/movies that i would full-heartedly say that deserve a 10/10 score in my scale.
removed-userOct 1, 2019 11:52 AM
Sep 30, 2019 6:37 PM
May 2019
Personally the third option aligns the most on rating an anime 10/10 for me. But Id like to mention a few things. First off I'd consider myself a casual watcher and most of my ratings are admittedly rather high. However thats also because I usually watch stuff that im fairly confident ill like based on the premise of the show, and its genre. Also im not a huge critic on picking apart anime; overall im not too hard to please. I dont really hold the main weight of my ratings based off the objective elements present or not present. While it DOES play a factor as I mentioned I dont watch and crtique anime like this personally. Enjoyment and enagement. Thats key for me.

However when it comes to 10/10's my creteria is set a bit higher. I guess there just also has to be something very special about it that resonates with me, something that leaves me in awe after watching it. If there is an emotional impact and I feel I am connected with the story, chararcters, etc. Also if its the one of the best of in its genre, or just actually amazing as a whole, and even how it compares to my other 10/10's because 10/10 is the highest bar already. Oh yeah and the enjoyment and engagement I mentioned eariler too.

I can easily overlook flaws if they dont take away my experience from the anime. Honestly its in the eye of the beholder.
Sep 30, 2019 8:29 PM
Mar 2015
I choose first option, I always rate the anime after i complete so the last ep is one of reasons i rate it 10 or not
Sep 30, 2019 9:13 PM
Jul 2018
Greyleaf said:
Peeti said:
which ones u rated 10 across all mediums, my fellow hooman being?

These are my five:

Aria, Kozue Amano & Junichi Satou (2001-2015)
Sennen Joyuu, Satoshi Kon (2001)
Trois couleurs: Rouge, Krzysztof Kieślowski (1994)
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, Hitoshi Ashinano (1994-2006)
It's a Wonderful Life, Frank Capra (1946)

Edit: it's technically 6 "10"s, as I've given one for Aria the Origination and the Aria manga, but I consider it one for the series as a whole.

I agree with that approach, though I'd give my 10s mostly to classic novels, as no cinema movie, series or comic can match character development and story of books.

An animated movie deserving a 10 imo would be the French stop motion Tale of the Fox. It premiered in Nazi Germany few months before Disneys Snow White, because German government provided funds for the sound track, since it was based on a German tale by Goethe. The screenplay and narrative was decades ahead. Have the DVD with both French and German editions.

For anime, I consider rating Princess Kaguya with 10 in a few years too, waiting in case something similar is produced from Japan. Or Tadanari Okamoto's short length stop motion films.
Sep 30, 2019 9:33 PM

Jan 2018
petran79 said:
Greyleaf said:

These are my five:

Aria, Kozue Amano & Junichi Satou (2001-2015)
Sennen Joyuu, Satoshi Kon (2001)
Trois couleurs: Rouge, Krzysztof Kieślowski (1994)
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, Hitoshi Ashinano (1994-2006)
It's a Wonderful Life, Frank Capra (1946)

Edit: it's technically 6 "10"s, as I've given one for Aria the Origination and the Aria manga, but I consider it one for the series as a whole.

I agree with that approach, though I'd give my 10s mostly to classic novels, as no cinema movie, series or comic can match character development and story of books.

An animated movie deserving a 10 imo would be the French stop motion Tale of the Fox. It premiered in Nazi Germany few months before Disneys Snow White, because German government provided funds for the sound track, since it was based on a German tale by Goethe. The screenplay and narrative was decades ahead. Have the DVD with both French and German editions.

For anime, I consider rating Princess Kaguya with 10 in a few years too, waiting in case something similar is produced from Japan. Or Tadanari Okamoto's short length stop motion films.

I've read a handful of classic novels over the years, and while I respect and appreciate them to no end, nothing has ever quite left me with the same feeling I had from these works I listed. It's really all a matter of preference and what speaks to you on a personal level. Part of the reason I've become so attached to Japanese mediums over these past few years is in that very fact alone: many of the works I've experienced within anime and manga have left me with feelings I hadn't found through other mediums in the past. It's not to say that those works weren't excellent, but my interest in fiction as a whole has greatly improved over recent years (in contrast to my life prior, where music was my prime focus as a performer). Not gonna lie though, it's thanks to my circle of artsy musician/film friends that I'm the pretentious snob I am now, lmao. xD

Ahh yes, Princess Kaguya is a film I've heard amazing things about. It's high on my priority list, but for some reason I've just never gotten around to it. Maybe I'll look into it sooner than later. And Tale of the Fox seems intriguing as well. Added to my PTW on Letterboxd so I don't forget about it. :)

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Sep 30, 2019 9:34 PM

Nov 2018
For me,it's 3rd option.Cuz all my favorites are like that.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Oct 1, 2019 1:49 AM
Jul 2018
shukishuki said:
So guys I think this is a thought provoking topic that just came to my mind.Every one of us has our own 10/10 animes and thoughts behind it to rate that 10/10.What’s the requirement for you?For me I’ll rate a show 10/10 just whenever I throughly enjoy a show without much issues however that doesn’t necessarily mean those will be my favourite series’.I think often ppl mix up this issue.I’ve created a poll below just to make things easy regardless if you have your own thoughts and definitions please elaborate~

number 2 may sounds objective, but in fact it is subjective like the other two. art is never objective
Oct 1, 2019 10:35 AM
Apr 2019
Honestly, I don't really know in between 2 and 3. There are 5 things an anime needs in order to have a 10:
1.) A flawless, unique, and captivating story that stands out and has a lot of potential.
2.) Engaging, realistic, entertaining, and relatable characters that will be long-time favorites.
3.) Beautiful, creative, and/or unique animation that gives the show a certain aesthetic.
4.) Unbelievably powerful, hilarious, melancholic, joyful, and/or life-changing scenes.
5.) Something GOOD that makes it stand out.
It also needs a bunch of other things but these are the building blocks to making a masterpiece anime. Also, don't take it from me because I have trash taste.
Oct 1, 2019 12:14 PM

Dec 2017
What does it make me feel, is it a good feeling, how strong is that feeling

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Oct 1, 2019 12:24 PM

Apr 2017
Shitaste said:
yeah as cringy it may sound, 3rd option would be my pick.

Ok guys this is pretty off topic but

Can you just explain me why the heck everything is cringy for y'all?
I'm not native and I joined the (english) anime community just 2 years ago. Now why the heck everything is cringy? Like really everything. Is it too hard to say something kinda emotional about a fucking anime? I don't understand; is it just "joking" or are you seriously thinking that saying "A show I will never forget in my life" is cringe?

I've seen the word cringe everywhere, but I always thought 90% of the times is unnecessary and doesn't have any sense.
Oct 1, 2019 12:44 PM

Jun 2017
I'm surprised most people chose the third option. Like how you can forget Shitcom, Boku no Pico and Utsu Musume Sayuri ever after watching it? But are they 10/10?!
Oct 1, 2019 12:55 PM

Apr 2019
A 10/10 story anime for me would be one that has a big enough Impact for me to remember it for a long time, if not the rest of my life. Also it should be an anime that impacts me enough for me feel a strong emotion when I finish, whether it be sadness or happiness as long as makes me feel strongly for it. Lastly for it to be truly 10/10 it has to make me want to see more from it even if the story has already ended and a nice conclusion has been made, I must have a strong desire to see more of it.

Well that's how I feel about all the anime I've given a 10/10 to

Oct 1, 2019 1:03 PM

Jun 2019
Kuro_Neko04 said:
Shitaste said:
yeah as cringy it may sound, 3rd option would be my pick.

I'm not native and I joined the (english) anime community just 2 years ago. Now why the heck everything is cringy? Like really everything. Is it too hard to say something kinda emotional about a fucking anime? I don't understand; is it just "joking" or are you seriously thinking that saying "A show I will never forget in my life" is cringe?

I've seen the word cringe everywhere, but I always thought 90% of the times is unnecessary and doesn't have any sense.

Maybe you're right, everything doesn't have to be cringe. I see you're just 15 atm, reply me back in 3 years and tell me if what you'd said gives off a "cringy" vibe in any sort of way.

ブレ
ブレ
ブレ
ブレ

Oct 1, 2019 1:17 PM

Sep 2018
It needs to explore it themes in a way no other work of fiction and do.
It needs complex and well developed Characters..
It needs a well deveoped,complex and interesting story with few plotholes.
It needs great cinematography.
It needs to hit me emotional.
It needs detail in worldbuilding and charcater definition.
It needs to be unforgettable.
It needs to be to some extend original, not 100%

A 10/10 is for me something truly special and thats why across fiction, in over a few thousend things i only have around 20ish 10/10s.Its not just "yea i really like it" or "its the funniest thing i ever watched" , its something were after finishing it i am lost for words and can't even comprehend what i just watched.

Picking the third option is pretty dumb to take i mean if a show you dislike is very popular you will probably never forget it, but its not a 10/10.
-Mullerio-Oct 1, 2019 1:26 PM
Oct 1, 2019 1:19 PM

Sep 2018
My choose is between the second option and the third.
I keep moving forward
Oct 1, 2019 1:22 PM

Apr 2017
Shitaste said:
Kuro_Neko04 said:

Maybe you're right, everything doesn't have to be cringe. I see you're just 15 atm, reply me back in 3 years and tell me if what you'd said gives off a "cringy" vibe in any sort of way.

gotchu bro

See ya in 3 years.
absolutelynota30charlimitcircumnavigation
Oct 1, 2019 1:36 PM

Oct 2017
Kuro_Neko04 said:
Shitaste said:

gotchu bro

See ya in 3 years.

The irony about this is that cringing is mostly something younger people do in response to second hand embaressment which is a result of their projecting their own insecurities. When people talk constantly about things being 'cringe' I know they are almost certainly young and believe themselves to be mature, when they are anything but. Older people don't cringe as easily because they don't get second hand embaressed much because they have the kind of self-confidence that only age can bring so they don't relate to the notion of embaressment.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Oct 1, 2019 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
Basically anything with a memorable stroy & characters that has no downsides, or at least nothing too noticeable. I'm not sure which option to pick from the poll though, since they all fit the description.
Oct 1, 2019 2:52 PM

Jul 2013
The third choice below plus for an anime to be perfect material, it must be original with a more productive story with characters acting exactly like they're real. Not tiresome and derivative like battle shounen. A dog can write a more thrilling script or literature that is fit to be 5-star material than the likes of those based on Eiichiro Oda, Hajime Isayama and even Masashi Kishimoto's works.

So there you have! a genuine article character or story guarantees something 10/10.
Kurt_IrvingOct 1, 2019 2:59 PM
Oct 1, 2019 2:59 PM

Oct 2018
Sword Art Online, Shield Hero and Demon Slayer the definition of 10/10 for me.
*popcorn time*
Oct 1, 2019 3:53 PM

Jun 2019
YossaRedMage said:
Kuro_Neko04 said:

gotchu bro

See ya in 3 years.

The irony about this is that cringing is mostly something younger people do in response to second hand embaressment which is a result of their projecting their own insecurities. When people talk constantly about things being 'cringe' I know they are almost certainly young and believe themselves to be mature, when they are anything but. Older people don't cringe as easily because they don't get second hand embaressed much because they have the kind of self-confidence that only age can bring so they don't relate to the notion of embaressment.

well, i never implied that i was cringing at my own answer in the first place. i simply said it may seem cringy to others. life itself is cringe and i'm used to it.

ブレ
ブレ
ブレ
ブレ

Oct 1, 2019 3:55 PM

Jul 2016
It makes my dick happy, I have no unanswered questions, and I don't hate any of the characters.
Oct 1, 2019 6:29 PM
Jul 2019
The shows that are a 10/10 are fma brotherhood,steins;gate,hxh 2011 and demon slayer. But I would give gintama,jojo's,one punch man,food wars and mob pyscho a 10/10
Oct 1, 2019 6:46 PM

Oct 2014
I'm not putting my vote because that 3 choices are my definition. anime that I gave 10/10 is definately left a deep impression, such as unpredictable story development or emotional ending.
ささやかれし ひそやかなる二つの心
愛の舞、神聖なる旋律
嵐と太陽を超え、永遠の真実
ふたつの魂、輝かしい色彩
永遠の炎、すべての夜を通じて
愛の交響曲、永遠の飛翔。

Oct 1, 2019 6:51 PM

Aug 2018
Mine is the 1st one, a show that I enjoyed so much that I can overlook most of it flaws.

Also, I have some shows that I'll never forget because of how bad they were, it's a pretty neutral reason imo.
Oct 2, 2019 2:43 AM

Sep 2019
Any anime that makes me wana fap from ep 1 all the way to the last episode is a masterpiece.
Oct 2, 2019 3:21 AM

Jan 2016
Third and first.
Some anime that I gave 10/10 are anime that I enjoyed most.
But my favorites (which mostly contain 10/10 anime) are anime that I won't forget.
I don't like any systems for my rating, I'd just rate it based on how I feel.
Oct 2, 2019 4:12 AM
Aug 2013
10/10 would be a perfect anime, perfect meaning no room for improvement, every anime i've seen can be improved in some type of way the highest i'll score anime is 9/10.
~AnimeDownUnder~

Oct 2, 2019 4:22 AM

Mar 2018
I said that it’s something that I won’t forget but it’s not completely true I consider a 10/10 anime something that left an impact on me whether it be amazing story telling and emotional value or maybe just outstanding visuals but an anime could have amazing visuals and story but if I forget parts of the show then it’s not a 10/10 for me, enjoyment is also very important but again if i just enjoyed it and forgot the themes and ideas the story was conveying it’s not a 10/10
Oct 2, 2019 7:13 AM

Jan 2019
brings so much emotion, do impact for my real life action. also brings back some memories that i forget it now and re-experience the past feeling again while watching the anime itself.
Oct 2, 2019 7:19 AM
May 2019
I think combination of all three XD.
Oct 2, 2019 7:34 AM
Sep 2017
Befor I start, these are my top 8 Anime with 10 score list

I voted the 1st one, because that is my definition of perfect anime. I can fully enjoy without have to "questioning" about it. They must be able to move me. Determinants such as graphics, stories and soundtracks do not always have to be perfect. The key word for me is balance. Balanced in all aspects. And most importantly, can make me feel all the emotions felt by humans. Because of that, from my 8 years of watching anime, I only got 8 titles that I considered perfect.
Oct 2, 2019 8:53 AM

Aug 2016
I'm more along the lines of the second option but pretty much anything that I consider enjoyable enough to make its way somewhere on my top 10. Atm my top 10 isn't all filled with 10s but I'm finding more and more anime that I love and sometimes break through that 10 barrier for me, currently watching something that is bopping a ton of shit on my top 10, I'm curious as to which position on my top 10 it will eventually end up on.
Oct 2, 2019 8:59 AM
Apr 2019
If every episode stuck to me that i was rated 10
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» "The anime is better than the manga" you ever heard that one before?

Yuusey - 8 hours ago

36 by Biru-Biru »»
5 minutes ago

» Anime that spurs you to read its continuation in manga, LN or VN

niknasr - 12 hours ago

27 by Daviljoe193 »»
9 minutes ago

» Which female anime character has the best drip?

Anjuro - Today

11 by zckfox »»
12 minutes ago

» Is romance/slice of life the greatest anime genre?

Semester1 - 9 hours ago

27 by JaniSIr »»
13 minutes ago

» What anime would you consider a Soft-Seinen?

Yuusey - 11 hours ago

27 by zombie_pegasus »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.