Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 19, 2019 7:55 AM

Jul 2012
Watching Boogiepop now I feel that a adaptation of the Soil manga would be interesting. It is the type of weird nonsense mystery that, with good direction, could be nice to watch.
I would love to see a remake of Pandora Hearts and Deadman Wonderland, full version this time!
Onanie Master Kurosawa, could be really good or really bad, depending the direction they give this D:
Mitsuami no Kamisama, could be adapted into a movie or short episode anime. Kuro could be a short episode anime as well.
So many others, some of them I have the impression would be trainwrecks because the source is not even that good, but hey who knows lol:
Kodomo wa Wakatte Agenai
Hatsukanezumi no Jikan
Alive: Saishuu Shinkateki Shounen
Shimanami Tasogare
Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san
Eden no Ori (my biggest guilty pleassure lol)
Doubt
Judge
Dolls Fall
Hotarubi no Tomoru Koro ni
Kirisame ga Furu Mori (there is the manga, but it is actually a RPG maker game, pretty good)
Tajuu Jinkaku Tantei Psycho
Wonderland

There is also a lot of RPG maker games that I would like to see animated haha

Aslat24 said:
Zelkiiro said:
The same crew that handled Monster adapting 20th Century Boys into a 50+ episode TV series. Make it happen, Madhouse!
My brother loves 20th Century Boys so he would definitely have your back on that one.

20th century boys is my favorite manga series of all times! I would love an anime! I watched the movies and, surprisingly!, liked them lol
taynisJan 19, 2019 7:59 AM

Jan 19, 2019 7:59 AM
Nov 2018
The one and only Oyasumi Punpun.
The one and only Oyasumi Punpun.
Jan 19, 2019 9:47 AM

Sep 2017
Jirachiwishangel said:
Animxee said:
I mean you can't really consider webtoons a manga since the format is different, but personally I'd like to see it. Noblesse I believe had 2 episodes, and honestly it was really good? (Mainly for those who read it). There are so many good ones out there, and they definitely deserve more recognition. Once again, I know webtoons are not manga. so I will never expect too much of what I said.

If they could adapt webtoons into an anime, I would definitely like to see Tower of God, Dr. Frost, Lookism and/or Room of Swords, I feel like they could do very well... Hooky is also a personal favorite of mine and I would love to see it animated. I could also imagine a very hilarious God of Bath anime (I think they planned a drama for it but it was canceled)

As for existing manga, it would be nice to see an adaptation of the Pokémon Special Manga (with Red and not Ash haha) or Oyasumi Punpun (although for Oyasumi Punpun, it would be a great challenge to adapt an already outstanding manga)

I'd also like to mention that an adaptation of Evillious Chronicles (a multimedia series most noted for the songs Daughter of Evil and Servant of Evil) has an overarching plotline with many characters and stories. I'm a huge fan of the series and would love to see it adapted.

I also hope that they could do a reboot of Mekakucity Actors/Kagerou Daze. The series is really underrated but the anime really ruined the series for first time viewers. I know Mekakucity Reload is coming out sometime in the future, but MAL says its a sequel to the first so I really don't know what to expect.

Sorry for the long rant but when anybody asks me this question I always have to put my 2 cents in.

Edit: As for studios, I know close to nothing about them, but as long as they adapt the source material faithfully or close to it then I'm fine with any

Ah I actually haven't read those webtoons yet, but I plan to in the future because I heard they were really good! As for the anime, I can agree as well, especially on Mekaku City because it's a personal favorite of mine.
Jan 19, 2019 9:57 AM
Jul 2018
simonephone said:
Warning nerdy comment alert but I'd love an accurate full Harry Potter adaptation in any medium

Yo the movies were good.
Can you elaborate please? I'm curious.
Jan 19, 2019 10:00 AM

Oct 2018
DRV3, not because I particularly like the Danganronpa adaptions but I wanna see more of my guy Kiibo and Tsumugi.

Also an adaptation of Ganbare! Nakamura-kun or Harukaze no Étranger would be great, I'd cry.
BackstageMageJan 19, 2019 8:48 PM

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Jan 19, 2019 10:33 AM

Aug 2018
As far as video games go, I think it'd be cool to have The Legend of Zelda adapted to an anime, specifically The Orcarina of Time. There's a ton of characters, and monsters. Theres also a bunch of cool dungeons and locations all over Hyrule. The only issue is, they would have to change up a lot of stuff from the game/story for it to make sense as an anime. It would be a lot of work... but you can't tell me an animated Link vs Dark Link or Link vs Ganondrof fight wouldn't be kinda awesome.
Jan 19, 2019 10:39 AM
Oct 2017
I think the LN Gekkou could be quite good.
Jan 19, 2019 11:00 AM

Aug 2016
Videogame: Skies of Arcadia, by either Bones, Madhouse or WIT, but the OST has to be the same one from the videogame, or at least a remake from the original one.

Manga: If I had to choose one, or only one, Battle Royale only if it was done properly and that means no censorship. I wouldnt even care if its classified as hentai as long as we get sex and visceral gore like the one in the 90s. WIT would be my main option. Would require industrial metal and classical music as OST.

If I had to choose a manga with bigger chances of getting an adaptation done properly, I would go with Onanie Master Kurosawa by Studio A-1. Would require soft RnB and smooth jazz for some of the OST.

LN: full adaptation of Shimoneta
MichaelJacksonJan 19, 2019 11:03 AM
:v
Jan 19, 2019 11:19 AM
Jul 2018
Blarey said:
A proper G-senjou no Maou adaptation would be nice, I'm not sure what studio would do the character designs properly though.

Or Doki Doki Literature Club! (although, I doubt it because it's not made in Japan)

Some actual decent visual novel/video game adaptations in general would be greatly appreciated.

Both of their twists won't actually work in the vn format though. G senjou can still be pulled off, ddlc is impossible.

On topic, a proper Dies irae adaptation, 5 seasons of umineko adaptation, Rose guns days adaptation, or for any matter, a good VN adaptation. For manga, Kingdom coalition arc adaptation, Uchuu Kyoudai rest of the manga adaptation and a few others like Spirit circle adaptation.
Jan 19, 2019 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
Zelkiiro said:
The same crew that handled Monster adapting 20th Century Boys into a 50+ episode TV series. Make it happen, Madhouse!

20th Century Boys definitely. But I'm not sure about Madhouse. Except Monster, I don't like their adaptations much.
Jan 19, 2019 2:21 PM

Oct 2012
longkazama said:
simonephone said:
Warning nerdy comment alert but I'd love an accurate full Harry Potter adaptation in any medium

Yo the movies were good.

I didn't find most of the at all accurate to the books. I like the first two but when you get to like four they're just completely wrong and inaccurate. To get my full thoughts on it I would just have to go scene by scene through all of them honestly.

But basically, butchered characters and forcing every single thing that happens into a big dumb action scene are the biggest problems. Hermione is just not adapted at all basically after book 2, she is just a different character in the movies. The slice of life elements are all completely thrown in the trash and the mysteries are all made as painfully obvious and stupid as possible. I could go on all day but I'll spare you.
Jan 19, 2019 2:44 PM

May 2016
Frostbytes said:
Blarey said:
A proper G-senjou no Maou adaptation would be nice, I'm not sure what studio would do the character designs properly though.

Or Doki Doki Literature Club! (although, I doubt it because it's not made in Japan)

Some actual decent visual novel/video game adaptations in general would be greatly appreciated.

Both of their twists won't actually work in the vn format though. G senjou can still be pulled off, ddlc is impossible.

Doing an anime adaptation of Doki Doki Literature Club is about as realistic as doing an anime adaptation of Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward--the nature of their huge plot twists would absolutely flop in animation and/or require such avant-garde directorial styles as to alienate everyone who isn't already a diehard fan.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jan 19, 2019 6:43 PM
Jul 2018
simonephone said:
longkazama said:

Yo the movies were good.

I didn't find most of the at all accurate to the books. I like the first two but when you get to like four they're just completely wrong and inaccurate. To get my full thoughts on it I would just have to go scene by scene through all of them honestly.

But basically, butchered characters and forcing every single thing that happens into a big dumb action scene are the biggest problems. Hermione is just not adapted at all basically after book 2, she is just a different character in the movies. The slice of life elements are all completely thrown in the trash and the mysteries are all made as painfully obvious and stupid as possible. I could go on all day but I'll spare you.

That's weird. Did the author have anything to say about that?
Jan 19, 2019 6:48 PM

Feb 2015
Would be really interesting to see how they'd to adapt Kokou no Hito, because I struggle to see how to translate/capture the manga's atmosphere in anime.
Jan 19, 2019 8:21 PM

Oct 2017
misoshiru de kanpai (maybe in short format) and shinmai shimai no futari gohan <3
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Jan 19, 2019 8:22 PM

Feb 2015
I want a new adaptation for Devil May Cry... Especially since DMC 5 is coming out this year...

Jan 19, 2019 8:34 PM

Apr 2014
The God of High School and Tower of God

Jan 19, 2019 8:47 PM

Sep 2016
Watari-kun no xx ga Houkai Sunzen

hopefully
Jan 19, 2019 8:53 PM

Jun 2017
i would love to see an oyasumi punpun adaptation but i highly doubt it would be pulled off correctly.
id also like to see boku wa mari no naka and kimi no knife

its joke.
Jan 19, 2019 9:05 PM

Jun 2016
Nausicaa-rest of manga-Myazaki
Kenrou Densetsu-Mamarou Oshii
Rest of Akagi and sequel Ten-Madhouse
Xenogears
Sandman: Dream Hunters, the one with Yoshi Amano's art.
Infinite Jest
metem_psychosisJan 20, 2019 5:19 PM
Jan 20, 2019 5:27 AM

Aug 2017
All you need is kill, it would make for a really great film imo ^^
Jan 20, 2019 5:33 AM
Dec 2017
Viltas said:
I would pay a lot of money for good, proper adaptations of the Ace Attorney series, Zero Escape series and Danganronpa series. But maybe it just doesn't work in anime form..

Danganronpa could work but not in 13 ep. if they took the time to build up the characters and have a long investigation part it could work.
Life is just a Joke where we all laugh at
Jan 20, 2019 5:46 AM

Feb 2017
franken fran! i'd be worried it'd be like the junji ito anime and just not be as disturbing though.
Jan 20, 2019 5:57 AM

Oct 2010
An anime out of Worms Armageddon. Genres: survival, action, drama, violence, gore, romance, mystery. That would be so fun.
Jan 20, 2019 5:57 AM

Nov 2018
Dangaronpa V3 and the Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess manga, both would be great in anime format
Jan 20, 2019 6:09 AM
Sep 2017
For me trinity seven, i know there is already an adaptation, a serie of 12episode and one movie but id like them to finish it, because the serie isn't finished at all.I think that funimation or crunchyroll could do it right because they do a great job
Jan 20, 2019 6:27 AM

Apr 2018
My Fantasy-based Picks for an Adaptation:
Re:Monster
Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita
Marry Grave

Isekai Mangas said to have an adaptation coming soon:
Arifureta
Kumo Desu Ga,Nani Ka?
Jan 20, 2019 6:41 AM

Oct 2012
longkazama said:
simonephone said:

That's weird. Did the author have anything to say about that?

Naw she seems supportive of the movies. I mean shes making like a billion dollars off each of them so cant blame her. Most of the people I know who love the books feel the same as I do about the movies though.

I mean to their credit the books get so long after 3 it would be like impossible to adapt them to a two hour movie. Consider this, the audiobook for book 5 is 30 hours long, you cant condense that to a two hour movie. Though I dont think they did a good job with what they had personally.
Jan 20, 2019 6:47 AM

Aug 2018
This might be a classic, but I want Berserk to be fully adapted someday, when Godmaster Kentarou Miura finish it.

Something like Claymore: Sisterhood, fully adapted by Madhouse, could be something really interesting. I want to see my waifu Miria again.

Liar Game could be adapted as well. As far as I'm concerned, they made a real TV series in Japan years ago, but I don't know how good it was.
Jan 20, 2019 6:52 AM

Aug 2011
Ramkec said:
Kingdom long running anime done right.

Oooooo lorddddd

That would be awesome!!! And I do know what you mean when you say 'done right'; the same goes for the 'Berserk' series.

There is also Juuni Kokuki, the 'Natsume' series, Kokkoku, and the 'Working' series.
Tsuyu_no_InochiJan 20, 2019 7:06 AM
Jan 20, 2019 6:54 AM
Jun 2017
- Jumyou wo kaitotte moratta(anime movie adaptation)
- komi san is bad at communicating
- more monogatari series
I think that's all i want for now
PitunovJan 20, 2019 7:08 AM
Jan 20, 2019 6:57 AM

Jan 2018
Yuusha ga shinda or hatsukoi zombie once its completed
whats a signature
Jan 20, 2019 6:59 AM

Nov 2018
If there was anything I wanted adapted it'd be the rest of Land of the Lustrous
Jan 20, 2019 7:02 AM

Nov 2017
Adapting Jaco the Galactic Patrolman would be great, instead of that Dragon Ball Heroes anime.

Also The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (the manga) and why not a remake of the first volumes of Yu-Gi-Oh! (they are sooo much better than the different anime versions).
Jan 20, 2019 7:03 AM
Jun 2017
Jake said:
Onanie Master Kurosawa; I’d prefer a sequel manga, but I wouldn’t mind this either

I think the manga ends perfectly as it is and because of the mc's "daily activity" i think it'll be hard to adapt this manga. But still i would love to see it if it's actually happening though.
Jan 20, 2019 7:04 AM

Mar 2018
Adaptation = Holyland
studio = Shaft, Madhouse, Bones or MAPPA
Evangelion is shit
Jan 20, 2019 7:17 AM

May 2018
'Awakening' light novel .

I want a manga adaptation of this one really bad . It has an amazing story ,character development mixed with a suna-slice of life concept that I think is the best .

If any one is interested check here https://www.readlightnovel.org/awakening-

"π™Ήπšžπšœπš πš•πš’πš”πšŽ 𝚊 πš‹πš˜πš‘ 𝚘𝚏 π™²πš‘πš˜πšŒπš˜πš•πšŠπšπšŽπšœ"
Signature by -Tony-

Jan 20, 2019 7:37 AM

Jul 2017
A good anime adaptation of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess could work really well. As for the studio, Madhouse could do a really good job with a dark atmosphere and their amazing animation.
Jan 20, 2019 7:40 AM
Sep 2018
i would love to see a bloody monday and a psyren adaptation both underrated manga series but can be brought to new light with decent anime adaptations
Jan 20, 2019 7:55 AM
Jul 2018
There's so many things it's hard for me to decide, so far the most important ones are:

- Adekan - don't care which studio, as long as the art quality matches the original
- Melancholia - Shaft, please. The only studio capable of handling weird stuff like this with ease
- Yuzumori-san - preferably the staff behind the Yagakimi anime
- Kakushigoto - Shaft, because it's a Kumeta manga about the manga industry with cute father-daughter moments
- Saraba, Yoki Hi - can someone please adapt a serious incest romance ? All we've been getting lately is garbage romcoms . It's been so long since Koi Kaze, please
- Nettaigyo wa yuki ni kogareru - it's on a same level as YagaKimi, so preferably with the same staff

Jan 20, 2019 8:00 AM

Apr 2017
Sun-Ken Rock - it's a seinen manga with an awesome art style, maybe David Production should adapt it
saamariumJan 20, 2019 8:03 AM
Jan 20, 2019 8:27 AM

Aug 2015
mushoku tensei

solo leveling

noblesse

cage of eden

psyren

onanie master kurosawa

hatsukoi zombie

spirit circle

and many more

Jan 20, 2019 8:36 AM

Nov 2007
Good shoujo manga. You know. We have only so many you can count using your fingers.

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 20, 2019 8:50 AM

Jun 2015
Pitunov said:
Jake said:
Onanie Master Kurosawa; I’d prefer a sequel manga, but I wouldn’t mind this either

I think the manga ends perfectly as it is and because of the mc's "daily activity" i think it'll be hard to adapt this manga. But still i would love to see it if it's actually happening though.

Yeah I thought the ending was perfect too, it’s just that I don’t want to read anything else since I went through it in one night. Post-manga depression... also, I don’t think it would be difficult to adapt. There’s way more perverted stuff out there, like the Momo popsicle scene from To Love Ru
Jan 20, 2019 9:28 AM
Jun 2017
shanimebib said:
Good shoujo manga. You know. We have only so many you can count using your fingers.

THIS. Anime these days lacks of shoujo manga adaptation. They're most likely just adapt yuri or shoujo ai like citrus more than the romance like Last Game or comedy like oresama teacher. But they adapt lots of natsume yuujinchou though which is a good thing.
Jan 20, 2019 9:36 AM
Jun 2017
Jake said:
Pitunov said:

Yeah I thought the ending was perfect too, it’s just that I don’t want to read anything else since I went through it in one night. Post-manga depression... also, I don’t think it would be difficult to adapt. There’s way more perverted stuff out there, like the Momo popsicle scene from To Love Ru

Ahh i know how that feels.. well if it's possible that they're gonna adapt it they will most likely censored his "liquid" like how they have done to adult themed manga, like sex scene and other perverted stuff.
Jan 20, 2019 9:48 AM

Jan 2019
Id like to see an Anime Adaptation of the Overgeared Webnovel.
Also a Remaster of the Gantz Anime that follows and covers the entire Manga Plot would be amazing.
Id also like to see an Anime of the, The Breaker, and The Breaker New Waves manhwa.

The Tower of God Webtoon would make a fantastic Anime if adapted right.

Apart from that maybe the Re:Monster Manga
cant really think of anything else right now
Jan 20, 2019 12:38 PM

Jan 2012
An actual good adaption of the kagerou project series would be cool
weeeeeeeee
Jan 20, 2019 1:11 PM
Mar 2018
Hope for a Tenjin Anime adaptation it would be awesome .

a reboot for Sool Eater ; Sankarea ; Blood Lad (my Fav manga) ; Eyeshield 21 .

I dream for an hunter x hunter sequel (when it will finish) .

And Finally i pray for an excellent Enen No Shouboutai anime .
Jan 20, 2019 1:34 PM
Apr 2018
Unikkatil said:
Far Cry 3, as anime would probably be the best thing ever, or even Narnia.

Yeah, far cry 3 adaptation would be great. Mainly beacause of Vaas and survival story.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Did you know people who have only 200 completed anime but more than 100 days are--

LenRea - 34 minutes ago

16 by LenRea »»
2 seconds ago

» Would you watch AI anime? ( 1 2 )

solacez - Yesterday

60 by Damnits »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Would you sacrifice the rest of your life if you could spend one year with your favorite character?

Shizuna - 3 hours ago

15 by Damnits »»
3 minutes ago

» The Impact of Anime on Global Pop Culture

LenRea - 2 hours ago

2 by Zettaiken »»
5 minutes ago

» What are your Anime Hot Takes

solacez - Yesterday

44 by enigmasauce »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.