Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 8, 2018 6:24 PM

Jan 2010
Deknijff said:
Shicchi said:
I think you kind of missed the point.
The more you're a fan of the anime, the more you want to get the most enjoyment off of it.
So yeah, I'd be the most upset getting spoiled of the anime I'm invested the most.
Even though in the end, I would ultimately still enjoy it despite the spoilers.

Or maybe it's just me *shrug*

The more I like the anime, the more I will do anything to watch it in a situation most enjoyable for me (like, no spoilers, no outside infulence, must binge watch, no disturb, not in a hurry, etc)
Oh no I didn't miss the point
and no sadly that isn't just you
several fans bitch that they lose a certain amount of enjoyment from spoilers :/
don't consider those kinds of people true fans to be honest if just knowing something will suck away enjoyment. It shows they don't actually judge what happens but simply watch it for surprise factor

Eh, it does suck away enjoyment especially for anime that relies on plot twist.
*snip*

So yeah, depends on the anime, but it influence your watching experience greatly, in a bad or good way depends on the person.

Mod Edit: Removed unnecessary mention of spoilers
TenshoMay 11, 2018 9:43 AM
May 8, 2018 6:52 PM

Aug 2015
I'm SnK fan.. what would be the reason you call me for..? I see.. excuse me but your post implying that all SnK fans are like that. Unfortunately, there are more poisonous Fandom out there you know? XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
May 8, 2018 7:42 PM

Nov 2012
Meira_Eve said:
I'm SnK fan.. what would be the reason you call me for..? I see.. excuse me but your post implying that all SnK fans are like that. Unfortunately, there are more poisonous Fandom out there you know? XD

No it really doesn't, I was clearly talking about the guys on the mangaka's page that spoiled a big event.

Your last sentence is Captain Obvious shit and is irrelevant.
May 8, 2018 7:46 PM

Aug 2013
Bro you gotta avoid clicking pages and topics for things you're behind on--- pure and simple fact of the internet.
May 9, 2018 10:32 AM

Oct 2013
*snip*

but again what is the point of these stupid surface level assessments about asking would X series be hyped if one aspect is spoiled for said show?
a show isn't just this one thing where a single or a few spoilers ruins the quality of the show. If the show is good or at least doing several things right to keep people invested it'll be hyped regardless if you or others fucking know something about the show and if you or others don't enjoy the series or enjoy it less because of one thing chances are you probably aren't judging the show as a whole at what it does or its just not a show of much value to you beyond this little one thing

Mod Edit: Modified response to a edited post. Removed unnecessary spoiler.
TenshoMay 11, 2018 9:44 AM
May 9, 2018 10:54 AM

Oct 2013
tenltd said:
I don't understand it. What is the benefit of writing a spoiler in an unrelated forum? It just makes you an asshole. Crap like this is why I'm training myself to not read comment sections on social media anymore.

Sometimes its to vent there frustration for eg if a character they like dies, without realising they are spoiling someone, so its not always on purpose.

Mod Edit: Removed response to an edited post.
TenshoMay 11, 2018 9:45 AM
May 9, 2018 11:08 AM

Jan 2017
IntoOpenWaters said:
NickDen said:
This is a huge problem I've noticed with the anime community in general tbh. The amount of times I've been spoiled in places that should be spoiler-free is absurd. The least you can do is issue a spoiler warning, it's really not that hard to do.

^All of this. I remember a time when some of the FB pages I followed gave people a grace period before beginning to post spoiler-related things. These days they just post spoiler images from the episode that just aired 30 minutes ago because I guess everyone is just supposed to drop what they're doing when the new episode airs and insta-watch it.

I don't generally even like watching seasonally since I'd prefer to watch in one go when the season is over, so it's a major disadvantage to me. I've considered unfollowing them, but I'm following them for specific content so I have to decide what to sacrifice. It's obnoxious.

I think the worst is when you're not thinking about a series at all and just scrolling, and then BAM. Spoiler out of nowhere.
Even if its not a spoiler post, u can get spoiled in the comment section, LOL. I remeber when i was scrolling through a comment section of an AoT meme and suddenly a jerk came and started posting HUGE SPOILERS bout the latest chapters for no reason. Though i closed the page after reading his first comment but Man! even that first one was so heavy that i was not able to sleep whole night XD
May 9, 2018 5:59 PM

Oct 2015
-Lofn- said:
Here I am walking through the land of memes and Jojo fans has no restriction whatsoever to speak out spoilers. Glad I didn't get spoiled for the best one though.

uninstallthegame said:
i still don't get how people get offended by spoilers. i wouldn't care less if the character dies or whatever, it's not like i'm reading this shit for that single moment

that goes to everything else, movies, books, tv shows
That depends though, what if the spoiler is the death of the main protagonist in the ending? Or maybe his death in the middle? Would lose the surprise factor. And how about mysteries, I'm sure you don't want to get spoiled by those.

plz, you didnt even know about ashita no joe spoilers, even tho that's like so big even higashi got spoiled on it
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
May 9, 2018 6:01 PM

Oct 2015
you know what's worse?
search anything LoTGH related(the original) on yt,
wait about 5 videos
enjoy all the spoilers
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
May 9, 2018 7:56 PM

Jan 2010
Deknijff said:
Shicchi said:

So yeah, depends on the anime, but it influence your watching experience greatly, in a bad or good way depends on the person.
Madoka is garbage regardless if you know the plot twist or not so that doesn't matter
Those first 3 episodes are fine regardless if you know Attack on Titan becomes trashy after so again that doesn't really matter
No clue honestly. I know people still like Clannad After Story despite knowing Nagisa dies so Id guess its the same for other shows of its kind where the main girl dies if its doing good things to create an emotional response

but again what is the point of these stupid surface level assessments about asking would X series be hyped if one aspect is spoiled for said show?
a show isn't just this one thing where a single or a few spoilers ruins the quality of the show. If the show is good or at least doing several things right to keep people invested it'll be hyped regardless if you or others fucking know something about the show and if you or others don't enjoy the series or enjoy it less because of one thing chances are you probably aren't judging the show as a whole at what it does or its just not a show of much value to you beyond this little one thing

I'm sorry, when I said spoilers can ruin a show, I'm not talking about quality, I'm talking about enjoyment. I'm talking about surprise factor.

I won't comment on Madoka and SnK because you didn't enjoy it in the first place, so ofc spoilers meant nothing.

Let me take another example regarding spoilers and enjoyment.

Avengers Infinity War. One of the hype is coming from people predicting character death in that movie. After people watched the movie, a lot were shocked to find out that everyone's prediction were wrong because *snip*
Spoilers were everywhere after the premiere. If I got spoiled about those death, it wouldn't completely ruin the movie, I'd probably still enjoyed it plenty by the mere fact that I'm already a fan of MCU movies and been waiting for this movie for years. But I would have lost the surprise factor, which I enjoy a lot in a movie. The surprise, you see? It's not about quality. Being surprised is a form of enjoyment that would be ruined by spoilers. For some people, being surprised is one of the main source of enjoyment when watching something. Finding out things as you watch it, getting surprised, getting impressed by the twist, these are things that most people enjoy, and these are things that are ruined by spoilers. Not quality.

So, I got spoiled about *snip*
When I watched SnK S2, I enjoyed it greatly. And the episode when *snip*, I was dead shocked. I enjoyed the surprise immensely. But, I deeply regretted that my enjoyment about this particular moment stopped there. Because I know *snip* IF I didn't have that knowledge, I would have fear for his life the rest of the show and it would add greatly to the suspense and ultimately, my enjoyment in general. I still enjoyed SnK S2 greatly, particularly that episode, but the enjoyment would've been be much much greater if I didn't get spoiled about that particular thing.

One of the things that can ruin my enjoyment are:
- Spoilers
- Type of characters I hate (tsundere female lead for example)
I avoided both like a plague.
Those have nothing to do with quality. No matter the quality of the show, both of those will ruin my enjoyment.

Mod Edit: Removed spoilers. Modified quote of an edited post.
TenshoMay 11, 2018 9:48 AM
May 9, 2018 11:47 PM

Mar 2015
Reminds me of that one time where I was listening to an AoT soundtrack on YT and the picture used in the the video was one big spoiler. Oh man people in the comments were pissed.

Anyways, spoiling is a dick move, don't do it kids.
May 10, 2018 12:19 AM

May 2015
Shingeki no Kyojin is one of the few shows where spoilers can be very annoying since the plot twists is what the work is all about.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2018 5:23 AM

Sep 2015
Now I have to battle the temptation of seeing what is that spoiler all about.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
May 10, 2018 5:27 AM

Dec 2015
Being spoiled by some randoms was the reason I decided to catch up to the manga.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 10, 2018 1:08 PM

Jun 2008
This isn't about SnK fans, this is about people that have no qualms spoiling things with no regards to others.
May 10, 2018 1:14 PM
Nov 2016
Yeah...
Sometimes fans of popular series' can't help themselves from discussing things in the unlikliest of places... It's a really bad habbit.

This affects the person who hasn't caught up with the manga/anime.. especially in case of a manga such as SnK which relies on mystery quite a bit.
May 10, 2018 2:54 PM

Sep 2015
Shicchi said:
Deknijff said:
Oh no I didn't miss the point
and no sadly that isn't just you
several fans bitch that they lose a certain amount of enjoyment from spoilers :/
don't consider those kinds of people true fans to be honest if just knowing something will suck away enjoyment. It shows they don't actually judge what happens but simply watch it for surprise factor

Makes a post pointing out how spoilers can suck away enjoyment from a series.
Immediately posts several spoilers without marking any of them as spoilers.

Lol.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of an edited post.
TenshoMay 11, 2018 9:46 AM
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
May 11, 2018 9:17 AM

Jan 2010
Maz said:
Shicchi said:

Makes a post pointing out how spoilers can suck away enjoyment from a series.
Immediately posts several spoilers without marking any of them as spoilers.

Lol.

Whoops!
Sorry!
not sorry haha xoxoxo

Mod Edit: Modified quote of an edited post.
TenshoMay 11, 2018 9:45 AM
May 11, 2018 9:49 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
The best thing you can do is to submit a report for any spoilers you see. Reports for comments on people pages will be need to be submitted from scratch: https://myanimelist.net/modules.php?go=report
Considering this topic is about spoilers, some people might thinks it's inevitable that there would be more spoilers here. I'd like to make a point that any unecessary posting of spoilers can be interpreted as a rule violation for trolling whether they're tagged appropriately or not.

Now for the official stuff:
Thread locked. Rant. Please see: Anime Discussion Rule 2: Not a discussion topic.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I was on YouTube and I saw this craziest anime community post

Kiryotsu - 3 hours ago

16 by cyandaqil »»
12 minutes ago

» Exploring Taste Shaming

-Indra - 4 hours ago

14 by henmwats »»
14 minutes ago

» the race to WcDonald's ep 1 and the rest not added?

Berry-Vodka - Yesterday

2 by Kwanthemaster »»
18 minutes ago

» What do you think about fetishes in anime?

Anjuro - 11 hours ago

34 by Kwanthemaster »»
22 minutes ago

» i think most of us know anime is just a medium, but...

LenRea - Today

15 by LenRea »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.