Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 15, 2017 3:22 AM
Aug 2017
TsundeReaper said:
BaKasumi is such a wife material

MC's harem is growing lol

Are you mistaking something? This is not a harem.
Nov 15, 2017 3:25 AM
Aug 2017
Zahylon said:
This anime feels like the bastard child of Fate/Apocrypha with another Edgy Shonen.

So, we have Nazis that want a War...a war for what? For a Grail that will grant them wishes?

And MC-kun is just your average Joe that got involved because some fate?
Kasumi just accepts that Marie suddently appeared there.

And Shirou somehow went from punk rebel to Alex Jones levels of wokeness and found the Ancient Magical Nazis that are waging a war against some poor sod that is also his bro?

Also...Cagliostro and a Relic? is this Symphogear?

At least the show is back on track.

Your questions will be answer later but the MC is not normal, that is for sure.
Nov 15, 2017 3:28 AM
Jul 2016
Himawari9 said:
EsQueue said:
What happened here? completing this episode felt like a chore andI absolutely hated it. I felt like I missed an entire episode. Was I supposed to know who the hell his friend is? I am left with too many questions. My main is why would I bother continuing this anime.

I was always on the fence about this anime but this episode was the reason I needed to cut it short. I'm guessing that I was supposed to fell excited about the entrance of that "Friend" at the end. My guess is that I am actually missing quite a by not reading the VN that everyone's commenting about. Time to rate the series and move on.

Before anyone takes offense. The topic promotes the discussion of episode 5. I gave my honest opinion.

I haven't read the VN but I know he is the one Ren fought on the rooftop from the start of episode 1. It was obvious.

It was obvious huh? A guy that fought for 2 minutes in the beginning then shown 4 episodes later and it was obvious. I'll you get back to your awesome that has such high ratings.

I guess there is something for everyone no matter how bad it is. Flies like eating feces....
Nov 15, 2017 4:48 AM

May 2017
Himawari9 said:
TsundeReaper said:
BaKasumi is such a wife material

MC's harem is growing lol

Are you mistaking something? This is not a harem.

Did I say it was?

Read my comment again dumbass

Idiot!!
Nov 15, 2017 5:15 AM
Jun 2017
ohhh im just starting to watch the episode 5 and its first few scenes were AWESOME and great, i mean i have been able to hear that "Guillotine song" or the "Chi Chi Chi',and what i have even seen is that Marie (child) has been able to sing it with a smile on her face.... hahahahahhaha...
Nov 15, 2017 7:53 AM

Dec 2012
Someone PM me once the highschool arc finishes, I'll start watching from the good part of this anime, could barely watch these last few episodes
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Nov 15, 2017 7:47 PM
Mar 2017

Yandere mode activated

FireCrauterNov 15, 2017 7:50 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Nov 16, 2017 9:21 PM
Feb 2017
I am so glad I am such a lenient fellow and not strictly follow the 3 episode rule this season because this anime would have ended up in the 'maybe next time' section otherwise. Unfortunately, not everyone is so patient and this anime suffers because of that.

It took the anime 4 episodes to finally cater to newcomers. It took a while but I can at least forgive the anime for the mind-fuckery that was EP3. I found myself enjoying EP4 and 5 quite a bit because I knew what the heck was going on. For EP4, let's just say Spinne was a freaking dumbass for trying to provoke Ren.

As with EP5, I love that they addressed whether Marie's touch was still lethal. I was anxious before they revealed the truth. Also, great work with the backstory too. Again, this should have been the case for the earlier episodes. I'm just so mad about this anime for ruining the chance for this anime to have been something more well-received.

All I hope is that this anime can successfully portray the praise for this story in this anime adaptation. I'll leave my judgement for when all is done. ^_^
Nov 17, 2017 2:35 AM

Mar 2009
What was up with Marie's parents? Her mom wanted her dad to kill the priest for their baby? What the hell? And then they became afraid of her when she just started randomly singing the guillotine song? I was completely lost during those scenes. Weird parents.

Why is Marie special? Why can she randomly decapitate people when they touch her? Why is she seemingly a part of Ren? Is that why Ren has the same scar that Marie has? She can appear and disappear whenever.

I have nothing but questions when it comes to this anime.
Nov 17, 2017 12:16 PM

Aug 2014
Mormegil said:
What was up with Marie's parents? Her mom wanted her dad to kill the priest for their baby? What the hell? And then they became afraid of her when she just started randomly singing the guillotine song? I was completely lost during those scenes. Weird parents.
le evil french revolution people loved executions, apparently

rest will be explained (or not lol) down the line I suppose
Nov 17, 2017 6:59 PM

Mar 2009
Insertanamehere said:
Mormegil said:
le evil french revolution people loved executions, apparently

Seems so. It was really silly.
Nov 19, 2017 6:30 AM

Jul 2008
I mean who wouldn't want to wake up next to a hot naked woman?
Nov 19, 2017 7:41 AM
Apr 2015
E96825 said:
frenze12 said:
So basically they (fantasy nazi's) weren't even trying to hide their tracks since the whole world knows them as the number one terrorist group...

So after what Spinne did to the city in the previous episode, i expected the gouverment/military to barge into Ren's room ... like in Re creator. Only to find out that his dropout underaged "friend" who was hiding in his local night club all these years covered up for him...

Euhm what?... So conveniently his "friend" has the influence to cover up the missing dead bodies, all the explosions and destruction that happened etc.
Who is this guy again? Jesus helping hand?

Yes because the police and govenrment can definetely go against the plans of a cosmic asshole watching from a throne in the middle of space like Mercurius right? you don't seem very logical.
Suwahara City was created for the "war" just like Mercurius/Krafft said in episode 0 and there's higher powers at play that ensure nothing gets in the way. Ever since it's foundation nobody has ever left the city they might die there but no matter what the number of people reached a point where it doesn't change anymore, not like they actually know this(that they can't exactly leave) since free will doesn't exist in Dies Irae, people might think that they have choices but they don't everything is set in stone since the beginning, couple of exceptions here and there.

"Jesus helping hand?" Zarathustra's maybe

So basically god in this verse turned normal humans into retards ( not that the so called "actors" are much better), got it.

Oct 15, 2020 2:52 AM

Jul 2016
WolfWood37 said:
I mean who wouldn't want to wake up next to a hot naked woman?

Very true.

What a bizarre situation.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is the VN as bad as the anime?

FireFistYK - Dec 9, 2017

12 by PunGood020 »»
Oct 10, 2023 1:23 PM

» Shinza Banshou

AkatsukiUlquiora - Dec 1, 2020

3 by InstantRamenKing »»
Apr 26, 2023 5:54 AM

Poll: » Dies Irae Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2017

78 by NoviSun »»
Mar 20, 2021 12:58 PM

Poll: » Dies Irae Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2017

88 by ReaperCreeper »»
Dec 29, 2020 5:05 AM

Poll: » Dies Irae Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2017

76 by Vindicater »»
Oct 19, 2020 4:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.