Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 16, 2017 3:21 PM

Sep 2014
This is probably my favorite arc they hadn't animated yet, so I'm super excited to see the rest of it.

Katsura is one of the most consistently funny characters in Gintama and one of my favorites to, so arcs about him are always welcome. Plus, happy to see more Ikumatsu!
Oct 16, 2017 3:50 PM
Nov 2013
JizzyHitler said:
GangsterCat said:
passed away 20 years ago? how old is ikumatsu if she is already married for year s 20 years ago? she is too hot for an old hag.
pretty sure shes as old as gintoki and katsura, late 20's to early 30's. Her husband dying wasnt supposed to be that long ago before the series if i recall her episode correctly.

Yorozuyaaa said:
Grrat episode but it was better in manga imo. Somehow animation of this season is not natural. I am not sure that natural is the right word to descripe it. I don't really express exactly but...There is something strange about the art.
the animation is alot more slapsticky and cartoony this time, its going for off model movement intentionally so it looks weird in contrast to how it looks. In terms of actual movement its way better looking than the past couple seasons.

Better than some of the previous seasons episodes. Obviously it doesn't reach heights like 304, 305, 308, 314, 316, 320, or 328.
Oct 16, 2017 7:43 PM

Jul 2015
crystalblade13 said:
JizzyHitler said:
pretty sure shes as old as gintoki and katsura, late 20's to early 30's. Her husband dying wasnt supposed to be that long ago before the series if i recall her episode correctly.

the animation is alot more slapsticky and cartoony this time, its going for off model movement intentionally so it looks weird in contrast to how it looks. In terms of actual movement its way better looking than the past couple seasons.

Better than some of the previous seasons episodes. Obviously it doesn't reach heights like 304, 305, 308, 314, 316, 320, or 328.
301,308,311, 313, and 315 were pretty good/great also
Sup...
Oct 16, 2017 7:44 PM

Jul 2015
Salamak said:
JizzyHitler said:

i don't understand what you're saying about animation, can you explain more? it's been annoying me from the start of this season. and now i'm worried that the last arc's animation would also be like this :\
He means that the characters have more movement, rather than being stiff like the previous seasons of Gintama
Sup...
Oct 16, 2017 8:12 PM

Sep 2017
SenpaiJay98 said:
Salamak said:

i don't understand what you're saying about animation, can you explain more? it's been annoying me from the start of this season. and now i'm worried that the last arc's animation would also be like this :\
He means that the characters have more movement, rather than being stiff like the previous seasons of Gintama

They are?..it actually seemed the opposite to me. It feels like there were much more movements in 2011 and 2015 gintama..
Oct 16, 2017 8:40 PM

Jul 2015
Salamak said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

They are?..it actually seemed the opposite to me. It feels like there were much more movements in 2011 and 2015 gintama..
idk about that, way more movement in this season, ask sakaki himself(you can find him on twitter)
Sup...
Oct 16, 2017 11:24 PM

Jul 2010
I am dying. I missed this Gintama.
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Oct 17, 2017 3:54 AM

Dec 2013
Katsura has a shitty fetish LOL
Oct 17, 2017 8:46 AM

Sep 2017
SenpaiJay98 said:
Salamak said:

idk about that, way more movement in this season, ask sakaki himself(you can find him on twitter)

Who is this guy exactly?.. the translator for gintama manga?..did i find the right guy? He doesn't seem to be into gintama anime..and he knows all about its animators, animations and stuff?..
Oct 17, 2017 11:08 AM

Jul 2015
Salamak said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

Who is this guy exactly?.. the translator for gintama manga?..did i find the right guy? He doesn't seem to be into gintama anime..and he knows all about its animators, animations and stuff?..
He translates it and knows which animators worked on most of the episodes, since he can read the Raws of the credit list, and he has a unbias for for the Gintama animes(critical on them)
Sup...
Oct 17, 2017 11:35 AM

Sep 2017
SenpaiJay98 said:
Salamak said:

He translates it and knows which animators worked on most of the episodes, since he can read the Raws of the credit list, and he has a unbias for for the Gintama animes(critical on them)

Ok, thank you, i hope he answers..
Oct 17, 2017 11:57 AM
Aug 2016
Salamak said:
JizzyHitler said:

Yes, I am also worried about that. When I watch the first episode of Gintama°, I thought that the animation is a bit different from previous seasons. But there was a studio change so, it was normal. But in Gintama. it became stranger. Eventually now, it is even stranger and this started to piss me off. I hope that last arc would not be like this. I missed sunrise :'(
Oct 17, 2017 12:44 PM

Jul 2015
Yorozuyaaa said:
Salamak said:

Yes, I am also worried about that. When I watch the first episode of Gintama°, I thought that the animation is a bit different from previous seasons. But there was a studio change so, it was normal. But in Gintama. it became stranger. Eventually now, it is even stranger and this started to piss me off. I hope that last arc would not be like this. I missed sunrise :'(
Sunrise and BNP are the same staff
Sup...
Oct 17, 2017 4:50 PM

Dec 2015
LOL! Gintama is on a roll! After the Kagura boyfriend arc we got a Katsura arc!
so they are adapting the missed chapters in random order!

You know that whenever Katsura and Gin works together it's gonna be one part disaster and one part hilarious!
and Jesus christ! Gin loves to tease Katsura with Ikumatsu XD I cracked up everytime he irritates Katsura with lewd comments!

Oct 18, 2017 2:00 AM

Jul 2012
I missed ya, katsura.
Oct 18, 2017 4:19 AM

Sep 2017
Yorozuyaaa said:
Salamak said:

same people are on it, i didn't compare 2011 and 2015 gintama really, but 2017 anime was much better than 2015. The animation is really fluid. And S.A arc and F.S arc were pretty good.i did compare 2012 anime with 2015 tho, and it didn't seem much different..
Oct 18, 2017 7:37 AM

Sep 2017
Yorozuyaaa said:
Salamak said:

so i asked some who actually knew about this stuff (sakaki on twitter) and he said that animation actually has improved. He said that in previous seasons, most of the time it was still images and talking heads.and that it's actually has more motion now.i also asked about the end of gintama° and gintama 2017 anime fight scenes, and he said gintama° were zumed in images for most of the part, but when there is animation, it kinda gets sloppy. So you see some weird images if you pause the video midway.and that overall, gintama's animation has always been below average, but as a long running show, the animation is somewhere in the middle. And in the end story matters more, and gintama is a well written show for the most part. So let's not be picky and enjoy our show ;)
Oct 19, 2017 6:38 PM
Oct 2015
zura x ikumatsu ftw
Oct 19, 2017 7:00 PM
Dec 2016
Katsura: I am not into married women, only c*******.

Katsura is easily one of the funniest characters in the show, had me laughing consistently.
Oct 20, 2017 3:05 AM
Aug 2016
Salamak said:
Yorozuyaaa said:

so i asked some who actually knew about this stuff (sakaki on twitter) and he said that animation actually has improved. He said that in previous seasons, most of the time it was still images and talking heads.and that it's actually has more motion now.i also asked about the end of gintama° and gintama 2017 anime fight scenes, and he said gintama° were zumed in images for most of the part, but when there is animation, it kinda gets sloppy. So you see some weird images if you pause the video midway.and that overall, gintama's animation has always been below average, but as a long running show, the animation is somewhere in the middle. And in the end story matters more, and gintama is a well written show for the most part. So let's not be picky and enjoy our show ;)

Actually, I didn't complain about quality. It is obivious that last seasons are better in terms of quality. I am just anxisious because of the changes in character designs. But you are right, let s not be picky :)
YorozuyaaaOct 20, 2017 3:17 AM
Oct 20, 2017 3:17 AM
Aug 2016
SenpaiJay98 said:
Yorozuyaaa said:

Really? That's surprising. So, this change in art is intentional? Bad decision imo. I would prefer the old style. But Gintama is Gintama. I am so glad since we can watch it every week.
Oct 20, 2017 8:57 AM

Jul 2015
Yorozuyaaa said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

Really? That's surprising. So, this change in art is intentional? Bad decision imo. I would prefer the old style. But Gintama is Gintama. I am so glad since we can watch it every week.
Old artstyle was to detailed so it made most of the episodes look stiff
Sup...
Oct 20, 2017 9:25 AM

Sep 2017
Yorozuyaaa said:
Salamak said:

Actually, I didn't complain about quality. It is obivious that last seasons are better in terms of quality. I am just anxisious because of the changes in character designs. But you are right, let s not be picky :)

character design? how is it different?..
kagura's a bit different i guess but i didn't see any change in others?..
Oct 21, 2017 5:37 AM
Feb 2015
Aozure said:
Finally Madao! Dude was pretty much absent for the last few seasons!

Pretty obvious who the father is though..

Well, no shit. A side character who didn't appear for too long somehow has a major role in an arc. The real question is how did he end up there and why didn't he eat at Hokuto Shinken during the New Year's eve.
Oct 21, 2017 12:44 PM
Jul 2014
Yet another mediocre episode from a mediocre series, but this rabid fanbase of 30,500 auto-ranks it to 12th place anyway. Why am I not surprised?
Oct 21, 2017 1:23 PM

Jul 2015
Xeno_Wrath33x said:
Yet another mediocre episode from a mediocre series, but this rabid fanbase of 30,500 auto-ranks it to 12th place anyway. Why am I not surprised?
You haven't even watched more than 1%-5% of the series, and you rate all the series a 1 (even though you haven't seen more than 1%-5% of the series

"Hm... I'm actually kind of curious, but why do so many people love Gintama so much? What makes it stand out from other shounen? I can definitely see FMA:B fans making alt accounts to do that, though, so I'm not trying to isolate a particular side." (This was you) https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1633613&show=100#msg52450330

Your comment(for Episode 331 of this series) is so pointless because of this
Sup...
Oct 21, 2017 1:40 PM
Jul 2014
SenpaiJay98 said:
You haven't even watched more than 1%-5% of the series, and you rate all the series a 1 (even though you haven't seen more than 1%-5% of the series

"Hm... I'm actually kind of curious, but why do so many people love Gintama so much? What makes it stand out from other shounen? I can definitely see FMA:B fans making alt accounts to do that, though, so I'm not trying to isolate a particular side." (This was you) https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1633613&show=100#msg52450330

No, there is a point behind all of this. I'm just trying to unlock the mystery of how this show got 12th place with only 30,000 ratings lol. What, is Gintama that under-watched? With 30k people hypothetically watching it now, and another 70k hypothetically watching it later (going by the grading statistics, give or take a few), that means that it's scoring high with fewer numbers because it's unprecedentedly low in views.

Yet it makes top 12 on episode 3. This is an interesting study. *shakes vial*
Oct 21, 2017 1:42 PM

Jul 2015
Xeno_Wrath33x said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

No, there is a point behind all of this. I'm just trying to unlock the mystery of how this show got 12th place with only 30,000 ratings lol. What, is Gintama that under-watched? With 30k people hypothetically watching it now, and another 70k hypothetically watching it later (going by the grading statistics, give or take a few), that means that it's scoring high with fewer numbers because it's unprecedentedly low in views.

Yet it makes top 12 on episode 3. This is an interesting study. *shakes vial*
Nope, if you actually did watch more than 1%-5% of the series, then you would know why it's not like any other shounen in jUMP, and the sequels are rated higher since the fans or manga readers know the source material and studio will deliver...and they do
Sup...
Oct 21, 2017 2:11 PM
Jul 2014
SenpaiJay98 said:
Nope, if you actually did watch more than 1%-5% of the series, then you would know why it's not like any other shounen in jUMP, and the sequels are rated higher since the fans or manga readers know the source material and studio will deliver...and they do

Based on my observations (of season 5) as far as the studio goes:

Pros:
-Excellent use of backstories
-Cool battles
-Fitting dialogue

Cons:
-Inconsistent animation (rushed, not for comedic effect)
-Generic alien designs
-Most of the cast is forgettable or obnoxious
-Repetitive and predictable comedy (600 or 300 yen doesn't matter!!1111!11!)
-Reused models for henchies (balding on the head with a topknot pulled back)

A lot of it is better than most Shounen JUMP, but I'd still say that most of it is average, meaning 6 or 7 and most certainly not a 10.

Also, this is the only anime that Namco Bandai Entertainment produces that's popular in any sense, of course they'll try to milk it.
Oct 21, 2017 2:31 PM

Jul 2015
Xeno_Wrath33x said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

Pros:
-Cool battles
-Fitting dialogue

Cons:
-Generic alien designs

A lot of it is better than most Shounen JUMP, but I'd still say that most of it is average, meaning 6 or 7 and most certainly not a 10.

Also, this is the only anime that Namco Bandai Entertainment produces that's popular in any sense, of course they'll try to milk it.
So you started from the Rakuyou seasonman this makes no sense fucking sense that's like starting One Piece on the New World or Berserk on the Fantasia arc, if you criticize something then watch it from the start
Sup...
Oct 21, 2017 2:36 PM
Jul 2014
SenpaiJay98 said:
Xeno_Wrath33x said:

Pros:
-Cool battles
-Fitting dialogue

Cons:
-Generic alien designs

So you started from the Rakuyou seasonman this makes no sense fucking sense that's like starting One Piece on the New World or Berserk on the Fantasia arc, if you criticize something then watch it from the start

And suffer through 50 or so episodes of cringeworthy slapdash? No thanks. Episode 1 was bad enough.
Oct 21, 2017 2:40 PM

Jul 2015
Xeno_Wrath33x said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

And suffer through 50 or so episodes of cringeworthy slapdash? No thanks. Episode 1 was bad enough.
Then you make no sense, skip Episodes 1 and 2(It's a 1 hour special for manga readers back in 2005) and start on Episode 3, and start from there, remember starting something 300 Episodes in(with a chronological order) is just retarded to do
Sup...
Oct 21, 2017 3:02 PM
Jul 2014
SenpaiJay98 said:
Xeno_Wrath33x said:

Then you make no sense, skip Episodes 1 and 2(It's a 1 hour special for manga readers back in 2005) and start on Episode 3, and start from there, remember starting something 300 Episodes in(with a chronological order) is just retarded to do

Nahhhhhh, getting the feel for a show this long is good enough. It's nothing special.
Oct 21, 2017 3:05 PM

Jul 2015
Xeno_Wrath33x said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

Nahhhhhh, getting the feel for a show this long is good enough. It's nothing special.
Nope, you haven't gotten a "feel for it" and you literally skipped so much character introductions, the gags that come from the characters, characterisation, and Serious arcs(Benizakura, Shinseguemi Crisis, Yoshiwara in Flames, Red Spider, Kabuki 4 Devas, Thorny,Courestan of a Nation, Reaper, Shogun Assassination, Farewell Shinseguemi)
Sup...
Oct 21, 2017 3:28 PM
Jul 2014
SenpaiJay98 said:
Xeno_Wrath33x said:

Nope, you haven't gotten a "feel for it" and you literally skipped so much character introductions, the gags that come from the characters, characterisation, and Serious arcs(Benizakura, Shinseguemi Crisis, Yoshiwara in Flames, Red Spider, Kabuki 4 Devas, Thorny,Courestan of a Nation, Reaper, Shogun Assassination, Farewell Shinseguemi)

Like I said, most of the cast is forgettable or obnoxious. I have no reason to try to connect to any of them, namely the bland Silver Samurai who is by far the worst of the bunch. Watching these 12 episodes is enough to get a sense of their oversensitivities lol.
Oct 21, 2017 3:35 PM

Jul 2015
Xeno_Wrath33x said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

Like I said, most of the cast is forgettable or obnoxious. I have no reason to try to connect to any of them, namely the bland Silver Samurai who is by far the worst of the bunch. Watching these 12 episodes is enough to get a sense of their oversensitivities lol.
Of fucking course...it's because you started 340 Episodes in(this is like starting Berserk in the Fantasia arc and saying "that Black Swordsman guy is bland" or that Loli Witch is "boring") You don't know that unless you start from Episode 3, because they introduce the characters there and you see their pastand relationships during arcs or certain episodes throughtout the series that connects you with them

If you don't know what a Justaway, Takatin, Shigeshige, 4 Devas, Anpananan, Eren, Black Yorozuya, Patriots, then you haven't gotten a "feel" for Gintama yet...and won't know unless you start from Episode 3...this isn't like South Park where the previous episodes resets everything that happens
Sup...
Oct 21, 2017 3:47 PM
Dec 2015
This is one of my favorite skipped arcs and Im glad that they animated it.

Zuraki said:
OH MY GOD I MISSED KATSURA AND HIS CATCHPHRASE SO MUCH

Let’s hope Sorachi doesn’t add an actual romance between Katsura and Ikumatsu though (I hope he hasn’t done so in the manga anyway)

As far as an actual romance I don’t remember anything, idk about the current arc in the manga, but I wouldn't mind if they end up together.
Oct 21, 2017 4:45 PM

Mar 2015
@Xeno_Wrath33x Gotta love kids like you who think they are smart and think that their opinion is a critique. You are embarrassing yourself here. What you wrote here is some of the dumbest shit I've read all week. Please stop. It's time to stop. I know you are just young and trying to come of as some kind of a smart kid and that's okay (I mean, you are a kid and you like to play around, I get it) but this is not the place for the kind of stupidity you are posting. Your embarrassingly dumb opinions may pass on a Guilty Crown forum, but here, people are only laughing at you. It's time to stop. Go play in a park with all the normal kids or something.
Oct 21, 2017 7:27 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
@Xeno_Wrath33x

> Says that the characters are bland and obnoxious, yet hasn't seen the episodes that made them complex and intricate characters.
> Calls Gintoki bland when he's not aware of his backstory and everything he has done in 330+ episodes
> Says that "Episode 1" was bad enough, when the entire fanbase is aware of the fact that the first two Gintama episodes are total trash and filler.
> Complains about reused henchmen models in a series where there's hundreds of henchmen in a scene. Well of course they'll be reused.
> Says he got the feel for series when he watched less than 5%, and arguably the weaker episodes from the series.
> Calls Gintama the only popular anime Bandai Namco makes, when Gundam exists and Code Geass is coming back.
> Complains about animation quality in the season that basically everyone considers as the weakest season in terms of animations
> Complains about the comedy in the previous Gintama season, when it's supposed to be primarily a serious arc and it's the general consensus that it's the weakest season in terms of comedy

In all honesty, the things you're saying are kinda embarring. Not only are you being hypocritical, but everything you're saying is contradicting with one another. I suggest you come up with points that aren't contradicting, since it's hard to debate with someone that's proving himself wrong by his own words.
Oct 23, 2017 1:23 AM
Aug 2016
Salamak said:
Yorozuyaaa said:

Their shape of chins and eyes are really different. We can see this diference in Kagura most clearly, but actually every character is a bit different from previous seasons. But still I couldn't express what I meant exactly, my English is not enough for it. Let's not discuss :). BTW, I watched episode 4, which has less gag moments, and I realized that there is not a big problem about the art in serious moments.
Oct 23, 2017 7:32 AM

Sep 2017
Yorozuyaaa said:
Salamak said:

Their shape of chins and eyes are really different. We can see this diference in Kagura most clearly, but actually every character is a bit different from previous seasons. But still I couldn't express what I meant exactly, my English is not enough for it. Let's not discuss :). BTW, I watched episode 4, which has less gag moments, and I realized that there is not a big problem about the art in serious moments.

kagura is surely different, shinpachi eyes are also a bit different but katsura and gintoki ere the same..and i'm always watching gintoki's face :))
but you're right kagura is different unfortunately..
really? ah shame i have and exam tomorrow probably can't watch the new episode until wednesday :/
Oct 28, 2017 5:16 AM
Dec 2012
Katsura my boyyy lmao

Oct 29, 2017 10:56 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
i could not stop to smile, was hilarious the indigent scene when both friends arrived and the Hasegawa speak in the ear and all change, and start...well better watch it!!!! The best episode of this season!!! kekeke
Nov 3, 2017 11:15 PM

Jun 2013
Katsura's NTR fetish went full on blast, he didn't even try to hide it.

I want whatever he's saying to be uncensored, I want to see his freaky side.

"KUZURA JANAI! KATSURA DA!" I knew it, he suggested it but got offended by his own suggestion, fucking classic Zura.

Jesus Madao cracked me up, getting stomped on by the LAWD!

It's way too obvious the Lawd/homeless guy with the loincloth is the missing guy/daddy of Ikumatsu it's obvious from his hair alone plus he's really the only other person to choose from other than Madao.

臭い-
Dec 23, 2017 9:49 AM

Mar 2016
I missed these parts where some words get censored XD Gintoki is aware of Katsura and Ikimatsu's ship! Maybe if they would ever marry each other, Katsura would let her get ****** by someone else because his fetish is netorare?!

How long has it been since the last time I heard "Zura janai! Katsura da!!!"

ShadowkillZDec 23, 2017 9:53 AM
Jan 3, 2018 2:06 PM

May 2012
Pretty silly start of this "arc", so really not expecting much from the next episode...
Feb 16, 2018 7:44 AM

Nov 2016
Madao is even a loser for homeless standards,that's fucking hard xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 16, 2018 5:25 PM

Jul 2012
so, ntr katsura? huh
Why, you say... Don't you get it?

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
May 19, 2018 8:17 PM
Sep 2017
LMAO at Gin pushing Katsura’s buttons about his relationship with Ikumatsu!
Jun 27, 2019 8:23 AM

May 2015
eyyy Ramen lady is back. Nice to see her.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama. Porori-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

-Stray - Oct 1, 2017

174 by aboosejp »»
Sep 1, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 24, 2017

90 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 17, 2017

94 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 10, 2017

55 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 2:23 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Stray - Dec 3, 2017

75 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.