Forum Settings
Forums

The 20 Best Manga Artists As Voted by Japan

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 22, 2017 10:36 AM

Aug 2011
Katekyo? Fairy Tail? Naruto? What a horrible list, there is just so much wrong.

Sasuga Japan, shit taste like always.
Jul 22, 2017 10:39 AM

Jul 2013
This list is like 99% current popular shounen series. Fr can't believe Takehiko Inoue isn't even on the list.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jul 22, 2017 10:42 AM

Oct 2014
So mashima is on this,but fucking miura was not even mentioned
This is way worst than i coukd even imagine it
Aug 4, 2017 4:41 AM

Jul 2017
Tite Kubo should be there

And Sui Ishida? Are you friggin kidding me? Do you know how hard it is to differentiate which characters which because the faces are so fucking generic?!
Aug 4, 2017 8:23 PM

Mar 2016
brendennp1 said:

And Sui Ishida? Are you friggin kidding me? Do you know how hard it is to differentiate which characters which because the faces are so fucking generic?!

Bleach has cool character designs but really besides for that the art is pretty basic. Lots of pitch black lines and somewhat simple backgrounds.

Ishida on the other hand uses a lot of shading that is pretty rare in manga art. I wouldn't say he's the best artist but id rank him a bit higher than kubo.

Don't forget that kubos style will also deteriete less from scans

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2017 6:09 AM

Jul 2017
Extect said:
brendennp1 said:

Bleach has cool character designs but really besides for that the art is pretty basic. Lots of pitch black lines and somewhat simple backgrounds.

Ishida on the other hand uses a lot of shading that is pretty rare in manga art. I wouldn't say he's the best artist but id rank him a bit higher than kubo.

Don't forget that kubos style will also deteriete less from scans

even if the backgrounds were lacking, his fight drawings were some of the best ive ever seen - i mean i could actually TELL what was going on instead of just sword slashes and effects

Sui Ishida onthe other hand, all the faces look so generic...
Nov 4, 2017 11:17 AM

Jan 2016
Oh wow, no Kubo. Guess, Bleach doesn't exist in Japan anymore!
Nov 4, 2017 3:17 PM

Apr 2013
Naoki Urasawa and Kentaro Miura are some of the best author/artists in the medium
Naoki Urasawa more so, this list is almost all One-Hit-Wonders

also Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata
Nov 4, 2017 5:23 PM

Apr 2013
Most of the comments are people complaining about why a certain artist isn't on this list. Seriously though, no Junji Ito?! Bullshit
Nov 5, 2017 11:07 PM
Aug 2010
desusama said:
TSW99 said:

uh maybe because he wrote and drew the most popular manga in the world and the 3rd most popular comic, its also THE most sold comic by a single author. he has been drawing it for 20 years with great art and the story is at least an 8/10, anyone who would give it less is being biased against it.

It's a list for best art, One Piece has a pretty solid story and the art style is unique and conveys the strangeness of their world very well but you can't look at Oda's work and compare it to either Miura or Murata's stunning artwork. Please read before getting defensive.

You're comparing a weekly manga drawn fast to two other series where the main artist & assistants that have far, far more time to detail and polish. Both also have very different styles and priorities. One Piece is far cartoonier than OPM (at least Murata's OPM, ONE's art is wacky as fuck) and Berserk.

The list is dog shit when judged from an anime nerd perspective, but that's obviously not who answered these questions; it was likely just total normies. Mostly internet kids and teens and probably a few adults who read mainstream shonens when they have nothing better to do to get their minds off their wage slave existence. Not nerds who care about stuff like Urusawa manga.

Togashi is a good artist. Absolutely not one of the best, but he's mainly considered bad because of the lack of detail and I think detail is a poor judge of artistic skill. I suspect the elements of his art that make people call his drawings "bad" are mainly because he works with far less assistants than the usual manga artist. I could be totally wrong as I've not researched the dude, so take this as a shot in the dark.... but I highly doubt those really scribbly chapters would exist if he had even one assistant around while drawing them.
Nov 6, 2017 7:34 PM

Nov 2008
NO ARINA TANEMURA MEANS THIS LIST IS SHIT.

D:<

Nov 8, 2017 6:38 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Well we're fully aware this is a popularity series list. Makes me gag just seeing Kishi and Mashima on here.
Nov 8, 2017 7:16 PM
Jul 2018
A good chunk of these are terrible artists, like Kishimoto:
https://i.imgur.com/CUodKdp.png
Nov 11, 2017 8:19 AM

Feb 2015
No Osamu Tezuka? What the hell?

Also how come freaking Hiro Mashima is so beloved? -.-
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1091 by Bogard087 »»
32 minutes ago

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

31 by ColdBlackTeaFan »»
4 hours ago

» Good manga to read for people starting out

Goblingaming - May 21

18 by ItsMartin432 »»
Yesterday, 10:09 AM

» Your top 10 unknown/not-well known manga ( 1 2 )

Kumoiro_Shizuki - May 16

54 by Kumoiro_Shizuki »»
Yesterday, 3:20 AM

» Help Identifying Japanese Characters(Letters) in manga

JoestarEISH_020 - May 30

6 by Stomiks »»
Jun 1, 8:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.