Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fuuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 14, 2017 2:11 AM
christmas cake

May 2008
SakurasouBusters said:
Truly breaks my heart that people are expecting the big drama of this series to be the love triangle.

I think it's amusing Yuu thought Fuuka was in a love triangle with Makoto and the other classroom girls, and instead manages to put himself at the center of one.
Jan 14, 2017 3:28 AM
May 2014
As much as Tama is my favorite in this show, she's probably going to get rejected...
Jan 14, 2017 3:31 AM

Jun 2013
she's not his girlfriend so no need to get all worked up about him hugging another girl
Jan 14, 2017 4:15 AM

Jul 2016
Elanin said:
The thing is, how Fuuka will react now, i mean she saw them together hugging but did she saw that the wind pushed Tama-chan on Yuu?
Yeah but I guess, it's not like she's going to be totally jealous or something but maybe just surprised that Koyuki knows Yuu too, and later she will know that that Yuu and Koyuki are actually childhood friends. Though I guess a bit of jealousy will also be there.
Jan 14, 2017 6:03 AM

Feb 2015
Good episode. As almost everyone has already said ---> cliché, but enjoyable.
I find all characters likeable so far...well, with expection of his sisters.

Jan 14, 2017 6:40 AM

Aug 2016
I'm still annoyed as to how Fuuka forced Yuu to join the band, it's unfair. :(

Other than that I am glad to see Tama and Yuu together, hopefully Fuuka does not misunderstand what was going on and run away crying or something, but it's bound to happen.

I sort of ship Yuu with both of them, but more with Tama-chan. :3

The episode was somewhat good. :)
Jan 14, 2017 7:30 AM

Jul 2016
It's painfully obvious that Fuuka likes Yuu at this point. His reason for doubting that she likes him is hilarious though
"maybe she doesn't see me as a man"...haha, dense MC confirmed.
It's also obvious that Tama likes him, but of course he won't notice that.

I liked the episode though, and I wonder what Fuuka will do after seeing them with each other.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Jan 14, 2017 8:33 AM

Oct 2012
I love Fuuka in this but Yuu is just a total downer.
Also, is it just me or was the scene where Fuuka quickly catches a cramp and then immediately starts plummeting to the depths of the ocean floor a bit silly?
Jan 14, 2017 8:43 AM
Oct 2016

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedJan 15, 2017 2:49 AM
Jan 14, 2017 10:02 AM

Feb 2016
Weakest episode so far. Still somewhat enjoyable, even if REALLY cliché and riddled with coincidences.

Can we please, please have a romcom anime without the mc having to try prove his worth by rescuing a damsel (heroine) in distress? People can become intimate in other ways! At least have it happen organically instead of being shoehorned in. If the point was to have her give him mouth-to-mouth, and them being embarrased about "kissing", whey didn't HE get a cramped leg instead? It's such lazy storytelling, we've seen it a hundred times, and at worst it is, although i admit this particular scene isn't much guilty of that, a bit sexist.

And while i'm ranting a bit, how come so many in these comments are on team Tama? I get that she's voiced by a fan favourite, but Tama has like zero personality compared to Fuuka. At least up until this point.

Good things: Makoto is pretty awesome. Yuu having a bit of character development. Swimsuit Fuuka. Very little Tama.
Jan 14, 2017 10:33 AM

May 2015
Elso said:
I bet Haruna almost drowning could have been avoided if Mikasa hadn't distracted the hot lifeguard lol

The one good part of this episode's writing.
Jan 14, 2017 10:48 AM

Jul 2016
Well... That escalated quickly...
Jan 14, 2017 11:39 AM

May 2014
YES! Such a juicy episode! :D This is why I liked Fuuka so much.

I am still kinda let down by the animation... The manga scene was just astonishing! Chapter 14 has a much bigger impact.

Jan 14, 2017 12:34 PM

Aug 2013
I'm really curious how Fuuka is going to react, considering she likes Yuu, but is also a huuuuuuuuge Koyuki fan...
Jan 14, 2017 5:39 PM

Jun 2015
I'm half-hoping that Fuuka will react in the happy way of "Oh, you know this top idol that I like so I'll be friendly!" but the other half hopes there's that drama aspect. But of course there's gonna be that drama and Tama is gonna get rejected.
Jan 14, 2017 6:29 PM
christmas cake

May 2008
Aegerius said:
I'm half-hoping that Fuuka will react in the happy way of "Oh, you know this top idol that I like so I'll be friendly!" but the other half hopes there's that drama aspect.

I definitely think the reaction we get is going to be the "OMG! Yuu, you know Koyuki Hinashi?" variety. But in the background will be the wanting to know what their relationship is. I also foresee their childhood aspirations of starting a band like the Hedgehogs, just like Fuuka wants to do now, coming out.
Jan 15, 2017 2:41 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Lol the three of them deciding to form a band on their own as part of their club.
Its nice to see that the teacher was ok with it though
But man Nachi must be so frustrated about Fuuka lol

Hmm working part time at a beach house then eh
Lol since the mc is pretty shy that will be another problem that he has to overcome then eh

Fuuka is so excitable eh lol
Lol so thats the type of person that the mc dislikes eh
The positive type thats also perceptive

Lol Yahagi is pretty positive eh
Lol Fuuka is impressive in managing to hold all those bowls without dropping them
Lol Mikoto being hit on by girls

But lol the mc is a bit clumsy and forgetful
Plus he speaks way to quietly almost like he's whispering
Something that Yahagi also picked up on

Given his personality its not surprising that he wants to go home after his mess up but that will be a mistake
Lol Fuuka really knows how to cheer the mc up

So that was the reason that Fuuka wanted the mc in the band eh
To make him more confident and be a better person eh
And that did the trick lol because the mc is now a much different person that before
Yahagi must really be surprised lol

Lol the mc falling asleep on Fuuka's lap
And here comes Koyuki then
I wonder will she show up at the beach house to see Yuu since she does follow him on Twitter and therefore know that he's working there

Well its obvious that Fuuka is drawn to Yuu
But whether or not its romantic or not its too soon to tell
lol nosebleed moment there when Yuu see's Fuuka in a swimsuit

Yuu's interactions with Fuuka when they were at sea was hillarious
Fuuka will be so excited if she see's her idol and inspiration Koyuki appear in front of her lol

Damm drifting off course and getting leg cramps after falling off the inflatable
But lol it was Yuu that needed saving after
And lol an indirect kiss via mouth to mouth eh
Wow Fuuka really cares about Yuu eh
Far more than a normal friend there

Lol Yuu's remembering the indirect kiss eh
Lol so Fuuka isn't bothered by the events that bother Yu eh
Lol so that was the first times for both of them eh

Its nice seeing them both like that though
its quite sweet

Its nice that Tama and Yu managed to meet up after though
Lol its apparent to all now that Fuuka's caring more about Yuu
Playing with those slow firing fireworks though sure brings back memories for both of them

Lol those were the first words Yu says to Koyuki eh
But since its been so long since they seen each other its quite normal
and Koyuki is pretty after all

Koyuki's worried that a girl will be in the band eh
And then Fuuka happens upon them eh
To find that your rival is actually your favorite singer and idol eh

Pretty good episode actually
The relationship between Yu and Fuuka was developed pretty well and it was nice seeing them gradually get closer. Seeing Yu get more confident after Fuuka's inspiration was also nice to see. Yu and Koyuki's reunion after so many years was well done as well. Seeing her grab on to Yuu like that its apparent that she still has feelings for him which we saw in the last episode.

Fuuka happening upon this though is interesting to see as this will now turn to a love triangle.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2017 3:15 AM

May 2016
Best girl in swimsuit in episode 3 ???? Holy shit that was fast.
Jan 15, 2017 4:10 AM
Mar 2012
Triangle, wat blunt title. Besides more trope dumping, bit refreshing characterization from that indirect vs cpr kiss discussion, and how open gay man is to dating beyond joking.
best grill either Tama or sensei+sandwich.
Sensei: "Not K-On"
Fuu-ka, wind & summer, classy man. Tama waited for Wind-kun for excuse to hug Yuu. But I expected her to say something cliche like "I got cancer lol". Hope she turns yandere.
Jan 15, 2017 4:45 AM

Oct 2016
The more I listen to the OP the more catchy it gets.
Wondering if Fuuka will have a jealous react or a happy react cause she can know one of her favourite artists.

Jan 15, 2017 6:04 AM

Sep 2013
Haha, knew it when Tama wanted to surprise Yuu, a cliche misunderstandind will be developed.

Fuuka really looked super hot and sexy in that swimsuit.......God damn that rear-view of her ass.

So Fuuka's gonna raise hell, either as a fangirl or jealous gal.
Jan 15, 2017 7:28 AM
Apr 2016
this episode felt a little forced. definitely loses momentum for me.
too fanservice-y too. I mean, it was pertinent to what was going on but still.
what a horrible way to meet your idol lol
Jan 15, 2017 8:08 AM
Jul 2018
Am I the only one who feels like this anime will have a really sad ending? anyway great episode but this gives me charlote feeling
Jan 15, 2017 9:04 AM
Jul 2018
I thought this episode was better than the previous 2
4/5
Jan 15, 2017 11:59 AM

Mar 2014
Please, someone pull that cane out of Yuu-kuns ***. He's annoying as fuck. Give him some ball or more manly attitudes.
But this is just disgusting... T_T

I like the art, the music and other chars, but please...the male MC sucks.
Jan 15, 2017 1:56 PM

Dec 2009
Cat's outa the bag. Not it gets real.

I don't get why people are so against mc's like this.

@love500win Yeah it is a bit White Album 2 like, but one should keep in mind that WA2 is drastically different from WA1, which is basically an animated japanese soap opera with a forced plot. I haven't seen Suzuka yet, so i can't comment on how this compares to it's predecessor.
GenesisAriaJan 15, 2017 2:03 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 15, 2017 2:04 PM
Feb 2014
What I don't understand is how Fuuka managed to rescue both herself and MC when she was the one with the leg cramp. Either she soldiered through the pain or just straight up #AnimeLogic
Jan 15, 2017 7:46 PM

Nov 2010
Already beach episode? really? Ok.

The show doesn't have a good pace at all.
Jan 16, 2017 9:46 AM
May 2014
I really like the pace of this anime. Date within two eps, first "kiss" third ep.
Instead of getting all the clichés during 13 eps without story, It makes me feels that the whole thing wont only be around this love triangle.
Jan 16, 2017 9:49 AM

May 2015
This was super cliche. The whole leg cramping and CPR just felt contrived. I hope Tama gets some good characterization later on because her voice actress is one of the only things I like about this anime. Oh well, I'll keep on watching because I like drama and people keep on saying there's a lot of it coming up.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jan 16, 2017 5:01 PM
Apr 2015
Im reading the manga and i loved fuuka, but after watching the first fuuka anime episodes i dont know why i fall in love with tama, i know how its gonna end but i support Tama, its too much kawaii for my bodyyy
Jan 16, 2017 6:15 PM

Dec 2016
Was an unexpected chap, but i really enjoyed it. =)
Jan 16, 2017 7:43 PM

Aug 2010
Anime_Dog said:
Weakest episode so far. Still somewhat enjoyable, even if REALLY cliché and riddled with coincidences.

Can we please, please have a romcom anime without the mc having to try prove his worth by rescuing a damsel (heroine) in distress? People can become intimate in other ways! At least have it happen organically instead of being shoehorned in. If the point was to have her give him mouth-to-mouth, and them being embarrased about "kissing", whey didn't HE get a cramped leg instead? It's such lazy storytelling, we've seen it a hundred times, and at worst it is, although i admit this particular scene isn't much guilty of that, a bit sexist.

And while i'm ranting a bit, how come so many in these comments are on team Tama? I get that she's voiced by a fan favourite, but Tama has like zero personality compared to Fuuka. At least up until this point.

Good things: Makoto is pretty awesome. Yuu having a bit of character development. Swimsuit Fuuka. Very little Tama.

Tama is cute and her VA is great.

This is just flat out a great piece of work...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHd3xfDzTg8
Jan 16, 2017 8:16 PM

Jun 2013
Wow ok lol
Jan 17, 2017 11:03 PM

Sep 2014
Well shit. Only EP 3 and we already have the beach episode with a first kiss and a rescue and a You Can Do it and partial confession? Slow down.

Not much to say here. It's going according to anime plans. We have the "HOLY SHIT SHE'S HOT IN A BIKINI" moment. The kitty is all up in your face moment. Hell, they even had the courtesy to add a "we are too far from shore" moment.

But wait. How bout that AHH A MAGICAL LEG CRAMP? lol

Sadly, Fuuku is somehow growing on me. Don't know why. But Yuu. GAH. I've seen one too many of his characters and it's going to hurt me so much to watch the rest of it.

Bet you next episode Fuuku's going to freak out that it's her. But the way she said her name almost made it seem like they were friends at one point. Didn't factor that one in.

Finally

UPDATE

You don't think she saw Fuuka after the wind blew and fell on him on purpose?
Fredo_pJan 17, 2017 11:07 PM
Jan 17, 2017 11:10 PM

Sep 2014
Nana meets K-on. Yes? No? Just me?
Jan 18, 2017 6:05 AM
Jul 2018
the crying scene felt a bit rushed for me but it was a cool episode i can kinda see why the ratings r low on this one too oh wait nvm its mal.
btw i dont think fuuka will get upset about what happened in the ending but instead get exciited
removed-userJan 18, 2017 6:16 AM
Jan 18, 2017 6:47 AM

Jul 2008
The episode is good, like the series actually...not great but still good :D
Jan 18, 2017 3:46 PM
Apr 2010
Jack_Corvus96 said:
Cliché as fuck still a bit cute and enjoyable, still reminds me of White Album 2 (tho White Album 2 MC wasn't that stupid lol)

I couldn't find the proper description until I saw this quote. I can't even really say stupid, more like air-headed and spineless. I take that back, invertebrates have more spine than the MC right now. Going to slog through though to see the White Album 2-esque development.
Jan 20, 2017 5:45 AM

Dec 2014
well a beach episode was coming...but fuuka sure met koyuki already than I hoped....
Jan 21, 2017 4:29 AM

Jul 2015
And so we finally got the beach episode... which I didn't hate actually at all. It was nice and Fuuka looks great in a swimsuit, yeey. We got to see more of Tama-chan this episode and how she feels toward Yuu. Pretty heartwarming moment between Tama-chan and Yuu. :)

Jan 21, 2017 6:35 PM

Nov 2015
#TamaChanTeam
Daisuke Onooooo was there *-*
Jan 22, 2017 3:54 PM
Jul 2018
I was having some relax time with watching this episode after a long time, and that damn Tama ruined the mood. Yuu is too irresponsible and he was confused why he even gone to the beach!
no wonder this love triangle was entirely forced ! I am very enraged with this amaturish story!
Jan 23, 2017 6:22 AM

Jul 2008
And let the girl wars begin!!!
Jan 23, 2017 4:49 PM

Oct 2012
Oh, men, feels like Nisekoi all over again.. *sigh*

Let me guess... this was the closest in this anime Koyuki ever was to confession.. cause she never tells him after this. And Fuuka, seeing them will go more conscious about him after what happened in the end of this episode.

Of course this could be just trolling cliffhanger as she most likely starts screaming about seeing her favourite idol there the first thing in the next episode rather than thinking much about why they were together there... that's pretty much her.

But well, it is obvious Fuuka and Yuu have better chemistry when pretty much casually talking to each other while there were several embarassing pauses in conversation when Koyuki was talking with him.
Even though I have to say the progression between them was pretty fast (yeah, lap pillow, I'm looking at you).

Still, I like both girls and it's pretty much sad knowing would be heartbroken in the end (guess it's pretty obvious tsundere wins).

And that starting scene and his working at the bar, well, me being introvert too, I pretty much understand his feeling of being out of place doing something he isn't enjoying at all.
Mich666Jan 23, 2017 4:52 PM
Feb 1, 2017 3:15 AM

Oct 2008
Fuuka's so sexy on her Mizugi!
Fuuka's first kiss was from Yuu (from resuscitation)
Fuuka busted the 2 eloping! lolz!
4/5.

Feb 8, 2017 2:26 PM

Nov 2015
Pretty boring first half. At least the MC got a bit of character developement.
Second half more interesting but the pacing felt bad.
The end got me excited for the next episode.

3/5
Feb 15, 2017 4:17 PM

Feb 2013
Dude almost drowned and still hooked up with 2 girls in the same day!

I don't care what happens next. Not my thing. Dropped.
Feb 21, 2017 5:47 AM

Dec 2012
This. Love. Triangle LMAO

Feb 26, 2017 4:41 AM

Jul 2009
Fuuka was so cute when she tried her best to save Yuu, don't blame me but I can't cheer for Koyuki...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

227 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 12, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Who should have ended up with the MC?

TheCryBabyHero - Jul 16, 2023

12 by conetall420 »»
Jul 22, 2023 3:03 PM

» just read the manga

Garble198 - Nov 7, 2018

11 by Potimas »»
May 25, 2023 1:53 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

201 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 28, 2023 1:22 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

85 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 27, 2023 4:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.