Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 8, 2016 5:43 PM

Mar 2009
Yikes. The girl jumping off the bridge was brutal. And then poor Hanna at the end.
I forget how dark this show can get sometimes. Between this and Magical Girl Raising Project, there's a lot of despair this season.
Dec 9, 2016 8:48 PM

Apr 2015
I didn't see that suicide scene coming... damn...
it becomes darker than I think.... nice...
poor hanna...
Dec 10, 2016 12:08 PM
Dec 2016
Just needed somewhere to gush about this series - have seen this far and waiting for ep 10.

My goodness this is a great series. It's a relateable but insightful look at our ways of coping with and fighting against depression. Homura's initial perspective of struggling to fit in through her family issues is something many of us will know. The theme of dealing with one's memories and how they are held hostage to our emotions in the face of adversity hits so close to home, and the tragic results that losing ourselves has for those young people is all the more heartbreaking because it's utterly realistic.

The card game part is a useful aspect of this story because it's completely true to life in how Homura falls into it - those of us who are introverts find this kind of game a useful way to get over some of our insecurities around others and try to engage with them and find something in common. In playing these games, however, we find things about our characters and behaviours that we often have to confront head on. And the games help us do these things, and even talk to others about them. Homura falls into it out of her own anxieties, realizes it's something she doesn't feel up to because it involves fighting other really desperate people, but then has a change of heart about it when she discovers something about herself that she wants to build on and protect.

And Chinatsu's story is gripping too - she understands more than Homura about the demands the world places on us to excel, to earn our way in a world that would write our existence off as collateral if we don't constantly prove our value to it, and about the need to win. But she also struggles with the oppressive reality behind that power, that this grip on us is there because there are people in power who make it so. She does what she does in order to survive to tomorrow, and thinks this means removing sources of weakness from herself, finding her own power and getting out - and of course Shou doesn't really understand any of this, but thinks he has the moral right to tell her otherwise. And while it will help her through this time, the question is how to adjust to the world after all of this is done - will she just move on to the next catastrophe to beset her? After all the trauma befalling her, what happens next?

I'm hooked, and I want to see where it goes from here. I can forsee a seemingly typical renewed friendship conclusion, but even that would be satisfying given this setup. And you can go so, so much deeper too, about the importance of intersection and taking down established authority through collaboration and resistance. Let's go WIXOSS!
Dec 10, 2016 10:46 PM

Dec 2012
Yeah sequel confirmed!
The suicide was brutal
Dec 11, 2016 3:39 AM

Jul 2009
It was nice seeing Piruluk's past! I hope this talk make Chinatsu think a bit more...

Poor Hanna, she is broken now...and the worst of it is that the LRIG was waiting the moment to break her...
Dec 24, 2016 7:48 PM

Aug 2007
This was maybe the best episode thus far. It was obvious to us that Hanna's brother had died due to her negligence, or at least I am sure most viewers considered the possibility, but the reveal really was shocking to her and handled beautifully.

The suicide scene was all the more impactful for coming so out of nowhere.

And Satomi keeps up shaping up to be Discount!Izaya. Who, I'm sure, would find the Selector games absolutely thrilling.
Jan 3, 2017 11:55 PM

Dec 2012
Hanna searches Cooglee: Mayu.

And there it is. Not that we needed that since I knew it was a sequel once we saw Piriluk.

OMG! Ru, Tama, best girl Yuzuki, Aki Lucky, etc. AAAAAAH!

Piriluk would have owned the shit out of Chinatsu had she played to win.

DAT PIRILUK BACKSTORY!

DAT SUICIDE! DAT BUBBLY BLOOD!

DAT HANNA ZETSUBOU!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 5, 2017 1:02 PM

Apr 2014
Zetsubou at it's finest! Best episode so far.
Jan 31, 2017 11:43 PM

Nov 2013
Hanna and Suzuko learned more about the origin of the game.

Kiyoi was once Akira's LRIG. Interesting. And we learn from her the cause of the current game.

The former LRIG committing suicide was quite unexpected and shocking.

Hanna got her memories back and most likely wishes, that she didn't.

Now the real despair begins.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Aug 17, 2017 8:22 PM

Sep 2013
I have to admit that this series are darker than prequel. did not expected that freaking suicide tho.
Jan 16, 2019 11:02 PM
Jul 2018
Damn, this series just pumped the despair up to 11. I feel like besides for Chinatsu, Hanna, and Suzuko, the rest of the cast has felt really weak. Even the LRIGs lacked much personality. The characters from the first two season were much stronger. Nothing really super awful happened to those three....until now. Damn. Chinatsu had a girl die right in front of her and Hanna learned she was responsible for her brother's death.

I wasn't convinced that something bad didn't happen to you if you won. I thought you might get replaced by a LRIG either way. But it looks like you do get the memory prize if you win. In Hanna's case it was something awful, but I wonder if it wouldn't be something positive you were wanting to create happier memories or something. Or does the system just twist your wish into something bad no matter what, like what happens in a certain other franchise.

Can't wait to see where this goes now. How can this new game be stopped? Will any other characters from Infected show up? Where do the people that disappear go if they aren't turned into LRIGs this time? Still so many questions.
Feb 8, 2021 10:22 AM

Dec 2012
Gotta hand it to Lostorage, holding back on the darker tone made this episode especially heavier. Whereas Infected & Spread were rife with constant anguish, this season has done a solid job at holding back and waiting for the right moment to play its hand.

And while it became clear earlier on that winning all 5 coins wasn't going to end well, to think it was by design to incur as much trauma as humanly possible is just next level cruelty.
Sep 15, 2021 4:09 AM

Feb 2014
Poor Hannah :( We didn't see exactly how her brother died, but it looks like she led him to his death more or less. Yikes. This is gonna be something she has to live with for the rest of her life, but at least she's out of the selector battles...right...?

We learn about Kiyoi's past and the new characters learn about the history of the last wixoss competition. Yikes, Kiyoi's LRIG literally killed her friend in the past o_o I wonder what she wants to do, since she doesn't want to win just yet

And geez that suicide O_o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

94 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 11:28 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

40 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 10:53 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

45 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 10:24 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

45 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 7:59 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2016

30 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.