Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 10, 2016 4:16 AM

Jul 2014
I don't know, man. I think people just naturally gravitate more towards listing the cons rather than the pros. Then again, it's embedded in human nature to look more towards the pessimistic side. XD
Magiquar : 왜 우리는 한국어를해야합니다! 우리는 영어를 입력하는 방법을 알고?
사야카 : 당신은 얼마나 일반적으로 입력 할 수있는 단서가없는 ...
Magiquar : 왜 당신은 적대적이다 ..?
사야카 : 때문에 ... 당신은 들어 보지 않겠습니까?
Magiquar : 그 추운 ....
사야카 : 그래! 나는 당신을 노크 특히 후.
Magiquar : 그래도 아니에요!
Mitakaka은 : Yoooo, 좋은거야
Magiquar & 사야카 : LOL ... 닥쳐
Huehuehuehue....
Aug 10, 2016 4:23 AM

Sep 2012
zal said:
sasalx said:

I know I need to explain but
1- I am not writing a review about characters so maybe after ending of Re:Zero I will explain
2-My point in there was give an example for Subaru.By not saying "Subaru is good." ı tried to explain a bit.
"Re:Zero is good because how realistic reaction characters have and psychological themed story." Broad praise with a very specific example that doesn't really represent the whole anime, something that if done negatively would be called nitpicking.

1. However you are praising it now so it should be possible to give an explanation now (you don't have to) otherwise it seems baseless.
2. Yes I understood what you said but I was referring to the realistic part. Just because he is usually the contrary of standard mcs or being different don't make him automatically realistic.

Aug 10, 2016 4:23 AM

Nov 2009
Nico- said:
Dishonest said:
I agree with that people give wrong reasons why a certain show is good/bad/whatever.

@Nico- did you write it right here, right now or you just copied your review or smth like that?

Obviously copied and pasted TAS's reviews, LOL

Oh. And here I was going to write up a dozen counterarguments and declare the rest of the wall of text bullshit. But you're going to get off the hook by blaming everything on the author.
Aug 10, 2016 4:26 AM

Jul 2010
Ty-Ki said:
It's hilarious to see morons wasting more time with the series they hate so much than the fans of it.

This is gold. Let's make this man the next president of USA.
Aug 10, 2016 4:33 AM

Sep 2015
I'd guess this effect of not explaining things is because people assume that the other person knows exactly what they're talking about, even when they don't
Aug 10, 2016 4:45 AM

Aug 2014
People don't want to go out of their way to write a review for every show they're getting asked about. It's easier to sum up your thoughts in a simple sentence; saying something like "that show is shit" will discourage the person you are talking to to watch the show, which is your goal. Saying "that show was so good" will achieve the opposite.

Saying "this show is trying to be edgy" is a way of settling the edge-hierarchy. The edgelords can't accept that a dark show is popular, so presenting it as not "truly dark" proves that they are aside the masses. AKA "hating edge is edgy"
Aug 10, 2016 4:56 AM
Feb 2014
flannan said:
Nico- said:

Obviously copied and pasted TAS's reviews, LOL

Oh. And here I was going to write up a dozen counterarguments and declare the rest of the wall of text bullshit. But you're going to get off the hook by blaming everything on the author.

He can't even argue anyways, all he'll do is insult you for your taste. I would have disclosed this if you would reply to me anyways. I purposely posted these because it's now "hip" to use his critiquing style nowadays.
Aug 10, 2016 5:03 AM

Jan 2013
Nico- said:
flannan said:

He can't even argue anyways, all he'll do is insult you for your taste. I would have disclosed this if you would reply to me anyways. I purposely posted these because it's now "hip" to use his critiquing style nowadays.
Try and have one on his YouTube videos. ;)
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 10, 2016 6:05 AM

Jan 2011
Cabron said:
Nico- said:

Who are you guys talking about? I am quite curious.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 10, 2016 6:16 AM

Jan 2013
MasterHavik said:
Cabron said:
Who are you guys talking about? I am quite curious.
ThatAnimeSnob, he uses an online persona to critic anime and sometimes the fans. But if you want to see where he really shines, watch his anime truth videos.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 10, 2016 6:33 AM

May 2015
Nico- said:
Attack on Titan is objectively overrated and therefore shit. Think I'm wrong? Oh no, no, no, you're the one who's wrong. Here, let me educate you.

People praise anime incorrectly? Opinions are not to be allowed, we must sacrifice them to the sun for their crime against Nippon
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Aug 10, 2016 8:07 AM

May 2015
Literary analysis is a skill that takes practice.

Most people have zero experience with it. They watch movies and TV, talk about which characters are the coolest but that's it. They hardly read reviews or literary theory. People tend to react to analysis with 'you're overthinking it' or 'FUCK YOU SJW SHUT UP AGAINST FREE SPEECH!".

It's hard to find people who can discuss fiction deeply, but keep trying. Keep trying to elevate the conversation. Once you go a few layers deep, it's fascinating.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Aug 10, 2016 8:46 AM
Jul 2009
flannan said:

In my opinion, that means that you lack self-confidence, and are bad at finding why you like shows.

nope!
it was kill la kill and i realized i was only watching it because i wanted it to be gurren lagann 2.

looking back on it it was really not gurren lagann 2, and it wasn't really anything special. the plot was all over the place and ideas kept getting tossed in and discarded for no reason, the animation got really bad a lot of the time, characters would suddenly act totally opposite to how they were previously established, and the overall story structure was very cliched and poorly strung together.
it's one of those shows that you watch expecting it to become great every episode, but it never does. you have to reflect on it a bit to notice that, though
FMA:B OUTDATED noot KIMI NO NA WA OVERRATED noot LONG HAVE WE WAITED noot PINGU IN THE CITY WAS CREATED noot
Aug 10, 2016 8:57 AM

Feb 2010
The problem is that the more specific complaints get the more subjective they are and the less accurate they might be for the person you're talking to. Also more danger of spoilers if you go into too much detail. That's why I tend to stay vague with my praise or criticism when I recommend (or not) a show to someone who hasn't seen it. Generally criticism and praise mostly makes sense in the context of the show. Like lamenting how they messed up the development of a character in that one scene. It's hard to get that across without referring to the actual show unless the other person takes every word you say for the undisputed truth. Backing up why you like or don't like a certain aspect almost always requires talking about things that happen in the show. So when talking to someone where that isn't an option it's natural to stay vague.

Also a lot of things are obviously subjective and if I base my recommendation on how annoying I personally found this one character, or how I love the show because I want best girl to be my waifu, that's just stupid. At least I don't do that. At best I''ll say that it's one of the main reasons for why I enjoy (or not) the show but I'm not gonna make it sound like a fact in a recommendation, a la 'This show is bad because of this one terribly annoying character.

Many people do that and while on first glance it might seem more useful than vague comments, I believe it's often less useful because people mistake inherent aspects of the show with the subjective perception of an individual and base their expectations fully around that.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 10, 2016 1:50 PM

Nov 2009
TheBrainintheJar said:
'FUCK YOU SJW SHUT UP AGAINST FREE SPEECH!".

Well, how else am I supposed to reply when I'm told that people like me aren't allowed to be heroes? (see SAO criticism)
Aug 10, 2016 2:31 PM

Jan 2011
bbBM said:
flannan said:

In my opinion, that means that you lack self-confidence, and are bad at finding why you like shows.

nope!
it was kill la kill and i realized i was only watching it because i wanted it to be gurren lagann 2.

looking back on it it was really not gurren lagann 2, and it wasn't really anything special. the plot was all over the place and ideas kept getting tossed in and discarded for no reason, the animation got really bad a lot of the time, characters would suddenly act totally opposite to how they were previously established, and the overall story structure was very cliched and poorly strung together.
it's one of those shows that you watch expecting it to become great every episode, but it never does. you have to reflect on it a bit to notice that, though
It's funny....since it's a satire and the plot fuck ups are actually on purpose. Your breakdown of it just shows how well satire and parody has benefitted the 2010s of anime.
Aug 10, 2016 2:32 PM
Feb 2016
Oh wow, I'm sorry for being such a bad critic, I just can't help it. =( Next time I'll just use clever-sounding buzzwords instead of my normal buzzwords. =)
Aug 10, 2016 2:36 PM

Sep 2015
It's one of the problems with a public forum; you have to wade through the chaff to find those few decent posts / posters. Too many people like to chime in with their shitty opinions without actually wanting to spend the time to explain themselves. They get bonus points for using vague terms like 'edgy' because you can't even tell whether they like it or not. Edgy could be good or bad depending on the viewer's preferences and what they like.

I was saying this in another thread, but it just boils down to people not being bothered enough about wanting to explain their stances. Why bother explaining yourself when you can just spew out a load of shite and leave? They aren't interested in discussions, they just want circlejerks with people who agree with them. It does confuse me, because I ponder why they're even on a forum in the first place where the entire purpose is to have discussions and debates. Not much conversing can be done when one can't be arsed to actually try to formulate a proper argument.

There's also the problem of people jumping on the meme bandwagon and posting dumb shit purposely in order to trigger others.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Aug 10, 2016 2:39 PM

Jan 2011
Maz said:
It's one of the problems with a public forum; you have to wade through the chaff to find those few decent posts / posters. Too many people like to chime in with their shitty opinions without actually wanting to spend the time to explain themselves. They get bonus points for using vague terms like 'edgy' because you can't even tell whether they like it or not. Edgy could be good or bad depending on the viewer's preferences and what they like.

I was saying this in another thread, but it just boils down to people not being bothered enough about wanting to explain their stances. Why bother explaining yourself when you can just spew out a load of shite and leave? They aren't interested in discussions, they just want circlejerks with people who agree with them. It does confuse me, because I ponder why they're even on a forum in the first place where the entire purpose is to have discussions and debates. Not much conversing can be done when one can't be arsed to actually try to formulate a proper argument.

There's also the problem of people jumping on the meme bandwagon and posting dumb shit purposely in order to trigger others.
Yeah with all the current shows I am watching right now if someone were to ask me about them. I'll give them detail responses.
Aug 10, 2016 2:44 PM
Jul 2009
MasterHavik said:
It's funny....since it's a satire and the plot fuck ups are actually on purpose. Your breakdown of it just shows how well satire and parody has benefitted the 2010s of anime.

it also suffered from substantial production issues including a total rewrite of the show's second half and the animators barely able to finish drawing the last few episodes so i'm pretty sure it's not just a "satire" of a bad show
FMA:B OUTDATED noot KIMI NO NA WA OVERRATED noot LONG HAVE WE WAITED noot PINGU IN THE CITY WAS CREATED noot
Aug 10, 2016 2:55 PM

Mar 2014
MasterHavik said:
So is this a thread about bashing the 2010s of anime? Nope.

Is this thread about bashing weeaboos? Nope

Then what is this about?

Well something else I have noticed is that people on both sides of the coin for anime...do a really shitty job of explaining as to why this anime is good or bad. I mean I am liking Re:Zero right now. I haven't seen much of it, but the praise for this show is just waifu war bullshit. Like telling me so and so is best girl tells me nothing about the show. Same with people who say it's a show for edgelords. That tells me nothing about why it's bad.

I mean people need to look how to give some depth to their critiques or it just creates misinformation making people thinking they need to think a certain way about an anime. I mean if someone was asking me about Panty and Stocking. I wouldn't response with," Panty sucks. Stocking is best gurl!". I would say something along the lines of," It's a very unique and creative show that is not written like an anime at all. So if you like western cartoons of the 90s you'll love Panty and Stocking."

On the flipside, if someone was asking about Taboo Tattoo. I wouldn't say," It's just typical shouen bs with no plot. It sucks." I would say," Taboo Tattoo is a very sloopy show with no idea what comedic timing is with very sloppy use of CGI and poorly directed fight scenes." See what I mean? This isn't me trying to say I'm the best critic but I feel the community does a poor job in general explaining an anime to someone who hasn't seen it.

I agree with that. But anyway i don't take any opinion seriously now unless i know that person isn't the kind of retard that says an anime is shit ( Or great ) just because he personnaly likes or does not like it.
Re:Zero is really good BTW. Sure it has some problems ( The animation for exemple, especially the 3d which is awfully used. ) but it has lots o good points like the story, it is interesting and has some plot twists. I haven't seen any plot holes so far ( Which is EXTREMELY rare in a ''Time Travel'' story. If you saw plot holes you can tell me but i personnaly haven't found any.
I can also explain why FMAB deserves a 10 : Because there is pretty much NOTHING bad at all about it. Is it my favorite anime ? Not even close, it's probably in my top 15 or so. But since it is just so good on every point i give it a 10. On the other hand i loved SAO almost just as much ( Pretty much in my top 15 favorites too ) but i only gave it 6 because the story is average and the characters are awful. It should be like 5.5 ( Got points due to good animation, not great but good, and really good soundtrack and OPs/Eds ) but because of enjoyment ( And the fact i can't use decimals here on MAL, i gave it 6. So yeah, just because i like SAO almost as much as FMAB doesn't mean i consider it great, let alone on the same level as FMAB... BTW my favorite anime are probably Gintama and HxH 2011, and i can explain why i give them 10s if need be. I can also explain why Mars of Destruction got a 1 from me, but i doubt anyone needs an explanation for that lol.

So yeah, if someone says ''Why did you give This anime a 6?(Or other score) it's da best thing in da world ! Then they need to explain why they think it deserves an amazing score or they just need to shut the fuck up. I hate when people say things like : You didn't like SAO ? I'm like WTF i gave it a 6 ! First of all that's even a GOOD score... Not to mention the anime is bad on a couple points. That doesn't mean i didn't like it.

Profile Picture and Avatar/Signature made by SenpieX, requested in this thread :https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1568530&show=0
Aug 10, 2016 2:57 PM

May 2015
flannan said:
TheBrainintheJar said:
'FUCK YOU SJW SHUT UP AGAINST FREE SPEECH!".

Well, how else am I supposed to reply when I'm told that people like me aren't allowed to be heroes? (see SAO criticism)

People who tells others to shut up, no matter in the name of what, aren't worth a reply. They only want you to see "I surrender".
Aug 10, 2016 3:06 PM

Jul 2016
Why does this matter? If you want to find out about a show, go on YouTube or search up reviews from anime critics. You are expecting random people on the Internet to give elaborate reviews? Oh please, The Internet is the Internet, we love baiting to piss off fandoms.
Aug 10, 2016 3:48 PM

Jan 2011
bbBM said:
MasterHavik said:

it also suffered from substantial production issues including a total rewrite of the show's second half and the animators barely able to finish drawing the last few episodes so i'm pretty sure it's not just a "satire" of a bad show
Actually it's the satire of the business and anime itself. I don't think you knew the roots of the show and hey for what we got...this is subjective the show still pretty fucking good.
Aug 10, 2016 5:08 PM

Apr 2016
I don't think there is an incorrect way of praising/criticizing anime. Maybe a poor way of describing to someone else why the anime is good/bad, but everything is subjective in the community.
Aug 10, 2016 5:17 PM

Dec 2015
This forum is cancer already so leave on MAL and move somewhere else...
Aug 10, 2016 5:24 PM

Oct 2013
There is no correct or incorrect way to praise or criticize things. There is however a stupid or an intelligent way to do it.
Aug 10, 2016 6:31 PM
Jul 2009
MasterHavik said:
I don't think you knew the roots of the show

https://www.reddit.com/r/KillLaKill/comments/26y4mc/nakashimas_at_it_again_junketsu_and_the_starch/
I couldn't find the full quote about the prison arc but there's part of it. Basically there was going to be a significant portion where Ryuko and Satsuki were in prison together and became hardened criminals. It was inspired by an old Go Nagai manga. They scrapped that whole storyline because it was too dark for Kill la Kill.

http://flamingo-chan.tumblr.com/post/49964346263/kill-la-kill-imaishi-and-nakashima-interview
Here's another interview where they talk about changing their plans for the show repeatedly. Scripts for the first four episodes were completely rewritten four times, and the overall plot and characters were still being repeatedly changed.
Aug 10, 2016 7:03 PM

Jan 2011
bbBM said:
MasterHavik said:
I don't think you knew the roots of the show

https://www.reddit.com/r/KillLaKill/comments/26y4mc/nakashimas_at_it_again_junketsu_and_the_starch/
I couldn't find the full quote about the prison arc but there's part of it. Basically there was going to be a significant portion where Ryuko and Satsuki were in prison together and became hardened criminals. It was inspired by an old Go Nagai manga. They scrapped that whole storyline because it was too dark for Kill la Kill.

http://flamingo-chan.tumblr.com/post/49964346263/kill-la-kill-imaishi-and-nakashima-interview
Here's another interview where they talk about changing their plans for the show repeatedly. Scripts for the first four episodes were completely rewritten four times, and the overall plot and characters were still being repeatedly changed.
You do know the show didn't have a storyboard heading into episode 5 right? Also just because something gets changed a bunch or arcs get scrapped doesn't make a show bad. I mean there were chunks cut out of one of the Uncharted games and it still ended up being great. Same with Last of Us. You ask as if these are best things. Nothing will always your during production.
Aug 10, 2016 7:55 PM

Aug 2016
Correctly and incorrectly huh? I'll let Nietzsche handle this one.

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”

((Also, not trying to be a prick here, but does anyone else love how incorrectly is spelled incorrectly?))
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Aug 10, 2016 8:46 PM

Dec 2012
That sort of thing happens because people are too absorbed with their own reasons for watching to realize that no one else knows what the hell they're going on about. There were people who would recommend Nagi no Asukara on the basis of whether their favorite ships happened or not. Never mind the narrative, characters' motivations, atmosphere, setting, or premise. If Miuna x Manaka doesn't happen then THIS SHOW IS GARBAGE NOT WORTH WATCHING DON'T EVEN BOTHER!
Aug 10, 2016 9:22 PM

Nov 2009
Ratohnhaketon said:
That sort of thing happens because people are too absorbed with their own reasons for watching to realize that no one else knows what the hell they're going on about. There were people who would recommend Nagi no Asukara on the basis of whether their favorite ships happened or not. Never mind the narrative, characters' motivations, atmosphere, setting, or premise. If Miuna x Manaka doesn't happen then THIS SHOW IS GARBAGE NOT WORTH WATCHING DON'T EVEN BOTHER!

Indeed, this seems to be the root of the problem.

Psyotic said:

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”

There are no correct/incorrect reasons to like or not like a show. But there are different ways to say criticism.
And criticizing in a way that doesn't help other people understand what you disliked (and what you dislike in general) is an incorrect way.

MasterHavik said:
Yeah with all the current shows I am watching right now if someone were to ask me about them. I'll give them detail responses.

Say, what was Show by Rock all about? I've only seen the first episode, and the CG bothered me somewhat.
Is Show by Rock Short a reboot, omake, or continuation?

TheBrainintheJar said:
flannan said:

People who tells others to shut up, no matter in the name of what, aren't worth a reply. They only want you to see "I surrender".

So, do you really have a good argument as to why people like me aren't allowed to be heroes?
For me, all those arguments that the MC isn't allowed to be a geek/otaku/neet/whatever sound like pure hatred of these categories. Like somehow Ordinary Schoolboys are okay, but if he's a geek/otaku/whatever - it's bad if the story allows him to be cool. Just imagine some elitist saying "nigger-pandering trash!" because the MC is black and saves the day with whatever good qualities he has.
Aug 10, 2016 11:33 PM

May 2015
flannan said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

Indeed, this seems to be the root of the problem.

Psyotic said:

There are no correct/incorrect reasons to like or not like a show. But there are different ways to say criticism.
And criticizing in a way that doesn't help other people understand what you disliked (and what you dislike in general) is an incorrect way.

MasterHavik said:

Say, what was Show by Rock all about? I've only seen the first episode, and the CG bothered me somewhat.
Is Show by Rock Short a reboot, omake, or continuation?

TheBrainintheJar said:

So, do you really have a good argument as to why people like me aren't allowed to be heroes?
For me, all those arguments that the MC isn't allowed to be a geek/otaku/neet/whatever sound like pure hatred of these categories. Like somehow Ordinary Schoolboys are okay, but if he's a geek/otaku/whatever - it's bad if the story allows him to be cool. Just imagine some elitist saying "nigger-pandering trash!" because the MC is black and saves the day with whatever good qualities he has.

When people say 'otaku-pandering', I think they mean more than just having a nerd for a hero. It's the wish-fulfillment fantasy aspect of the show - having a harem multicolor hair girls, defeating an asshole bad guy and so forth.

But shows are different from each other, even these 'pandering' shows. So unless someone elaborates on what he means by 'otaku pandering' and shows how it overpower the show, it's just an empty criticism.
Aug 10, 2016 11:40 PM

Feb 2016
why should tryhard to explaining the certain anime is shit? even it was an correct explanation, they surely wont accept it because it was an subjective explanation.
Aug 11, 2016 12:00 AM

Nov 2009
Nurlela said:
why should tryhard to explaining the certain anime is shit? even it was an correct explanation, they surely wont accept it because it was an subjective explanation.

Why do you bother saying this at all? Just put the appropriate rating on your list, and be done with that.
Aug 11, 2016 12:29 AM

Feb 2016
flannan said:
Nurlela said:

Why do you bother saying this at all? Just put the appropriate rating on your list, and be done with that.
yes, that's what i'm done so far here. i'm not the one who likes to critique or praise the anime that i watched tbh...
btw, typing only 2 sentences doesn't bother me at all
Aug 11, 2016 9:50 PM
Jul 2009
MasterHavik said:
Also just because something gets changed a bunch or arcs get scrapped doesn't make a show bad.

That's why I mentioned all the other reasons why kill la kill is bad.
I mean there were chunks cut out of one of the Uncharted games and it still ended up being great. Same with Last of Us. You ask as if these are best things.

If it was Uncharted 3 that game is fucking terrible and I'm not surprised that they completely slapped it together. It seems like a collection of "cool ideas" that were hastily glued together in a nonsensical sequence to create the illusion of a plot.

Nothing will always during your production

Gurren Lagann was planned out in large part before the show began production and it's brilliant. Some things were changed but for the most part the show was always working towards planned future events. The story actually holds together and things that are brought up early on pay off in clever and satisfying ways later.

Contrast Kill la Kill where events constantly just happen to look cool and never result in any development of the story or characters.

In any case I'm perfectly fine with an author working by feel as long as they're good at it. Evangelion was basically written one episode at a time based on what Anno was thinking about at the time and it obviously pays off fantastically there. There's always an actual point to the events of each episode (except maybe Magma Diver?) You can rewatch Evangelion and see how little things influence future events, how quick character interactions express exactly what each character is and has become, how certain scenes can be repeated and tweaked in later episodes to show characters developing and struggling to overcome their hardships. It doesn't feel like someone threw a bunch of ideas together without regard for past or future events.
Aug 12, 2016 4:11 AM

May 2015
Nurlela said:

If we don't explain why an anime is good or not, how can we have any kind of discussion?
Aug 12, 2016 5:49 AM

May 2016
I feel like talking about whether something is good or not is actually the most irrelevant discussion if you're gonna talk about a story.

It's too bad all the philistines have fallen for the meme.
Aug 12, 2016 7:41 AM
Jul 2016
Sometime it's the directors and animators fault that it's not keep true to the manga
Aug 12, 2016 11:00 AM

May 2015
why dont you just ask people directly? theres an idea
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Aug 12, 2016 1:01 PM

Feb 2016
TheBrainintheJar said:
Nurlela said:

If we don't explain why an anime is good or not, how can we have any kind of discussion?
i'm mentioning the explanation about negative things. the praise things are fine though. because criticize how bad is the anime mostly will be end like this (same result for correct or incorrect explanation):
Aug 12, 2016 1:48 PM

Oct 2015
What are we, the criticism police now?

Anyway, in spite of that I do wish people learned the difference between not liking something and thinking that something is bad.
Aug 12, 2016 11:28 PM

Feb 2015
MasterHavik said:
Well something else I have noticed is that people on both sides of the coin for anime...do a really shitty job of explaining as to why this anime is good or bad.

There's no incentive for people to write good reviews anymore save for writing them purely for the sake of it. Blame the mods of this site for ruining reviews last year.

MasterHavik said:
I mean I am liking Re:Zero right now. I haven't seen much of it, but the praise for this show is just waifu war bullshit. Like telling me so and so is best girl tells me nothing about the show.

Re:Zero's biggest strength is that it's the first anime series (to my knowledge at least) which properly examines the psychological impact of being stuck in a time loop. It's everything fun about the middle arc of Steins;Gate except thrown into a fantasy setting and extrapolated out for an entire 2 seasons. On top of that it generally manages to balance its premise with its pacing: just as it's starting to get a little too repetitive and boring, it finds a way to move on without feeling too cheap or contrived.

Subaru is a flawed protagonist, but whether you see that as a pro or a con could not be more subjective.

As for the 'waifus', they were all introduced as very flat and gimmicky characters, but have since mostly been given a fair amount of depth. At least one of them certainly has.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Aug 12, 2016 11:39 PM

Jul 2014
I can understand why some are vague, internet forums are like a big room of people yelling. Some don't want to keeping running to rooms yelling their full opinion so instead they say something vague and perhaps someone will stop to ask more.

Of course this isn't the case all the time.
Aug 13, 2016 2:22 AM

May 2015
Nurlela said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

i'm mentioning the explanation about negative things. the praise things are fine though. because criticize how bad is the anime mostly will be end like this (same result for correct or incorrect explanation):

Just because can't take criticism of their favorite anime doesn't mean the fault is in the critic.
Aug 13, 2016 12:23 PM
Jun 2013
As praising and critizing is highly subjective, there is no "correct" way of doing either...
Aug 14, 2016 1:06 AM

May 2015
ForTrollsS4ke said:
As praising and critizing is highly subjective, there is no "correct" way of doing either...

Opinions aren't equal. A person who praises anime for being popular is doing a logical fallacy.
Aug 14, 2016 1:08 AM

Feb 2010
how do you critizie or praise something incorrectly if its all perspective and personal preference anyway
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Aug 14, 2016 2:31 AM

Apr 2008
hazerddex said:
how do you critizie or praise something incorrectly if its all perspective and personal preference anyway

It is possible. It’s one thing when, for example, someone criticizes a romance series for handling its romance poorly and provides arguments and examples like the heroin being so thick and dim-witted that she manages to misunderstand clear words and situations in a manner convenient for the author, but contrived. It’s another thing when someone criticizes a series for something it doesn’t try to be, for example, when a slice of life/psychological show is criticized for too little action.

Another example of poor criticism, which I often see is when someone is missing the point of maybe not the whole story, but certain elements. I have seen Hajime from Gatchamn Crowds being criticized for not getting character development, even though it was obvious that Hajime is not there to be developed, but to serve as a catalyst that changes a typical sentai series. Had the director tried to develop her and failed, the criticism would have been valid, but since it was not the case, I considered it invalid.
"The moment one sits down to think, one becomes all nose, or all forehead, or something horrid. Look at the successful men in any of the learned professions. How perfectly hideous they are! Except, of course, in the Church. But then in the Church they don't think. A bishop keeps on saying at the age of eighty what he was told to say when he was a boy of eighteen, and as a natural consequence he always looks absolutely delightful."
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What makes an ISEKAI enjoyable for ya?

JaaShooUhh - 10 hours ago

19 by ST63LTH »»
2 minutes ago

» Filler arcs are not that bad, you're just too old and have access to the internet.

LenRea - 11 hours ago

18 by ST63LTH »»
3 minutes ago

» Why do you dislike historical anime?

perseii - Jun 8

37 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
55 minutes ago

» does anyone find it childish and cringe whenever attacks are yelled or named in shonen anime/manga?

Phantomnocomics - Jun 8

47 by Rndmguypassingby »»
1 hour ago

» Which one of your favorite anime would you not recommend to others?

Gashadokur0 - Jun 4

28 by Rndmguypassingby »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.