Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 26, 2015 3:04 AM

Jun 2013
Neko ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) but goddamn man Shiro is looking fine as hell lol
Dec 26, 2015 3:10 AM

Jun 2013
Despite the many reused scenes I'm quite happy with the ending since no one really died. But how did Shiro get his body back though? Err. Those stills of Saruhiko and Misaki enjoying each other's company god knows how long I waited for it ;____; I'm hoping that there would be an ova or something showing what happens after this season since I'm curious how things go for them now that they don't have powers anymore.
Dec 26, 2015 3:17 AM

Aug 2013
Tyrel said:

Does anyone know the OST that played @ 13:23 onward for a little bit? They played it almost all the episodes during fights and stuff but I just can't find the name.

http://youtu.be/rl3iUIsu3gM This one?
Don't know what it's called since the entire OST isn't released yet.
Dec 26, 2015 3:48 AM

Dec 2010
...that face!! something not right about that face !!! something !!!
Dec 26, 2015 4:13 AM

Dec 2012
I can stop suffering from anxiety after every episode release now. Good animation and sound even though some of the former was recycled. I don't really want to go into the plot since I'm not even good at breaking it down or analyzing it.
My baby surviving is more than I can ask for :33333
allo
Dec 26, 2015 4:58 AM

Mar 2012
I was expecting something better but overall it was okay, animation very good though there were some mishaps and the soundtrack was cool.
Rating 7/10
Dec 26, 2015 5:11 AM

May 2009
tsubasalover said:

ED: "KIZUNA" by angela

Thx, been searching for this. The ED song is beautiful. Hope the full vers. come out soon.

I don't really like this series's story but that ending is good and beautiful ED song.
fideldesuDec 26, 2015 5:21 AM
Dec 26, 2015 5:30 AM

May 2012
Season 1 was better, but I enjoyed this one as well. From a critic point of view, I'll prolly give it a 5 though.

It was nice seeing Shiro in his original body in the end though, and I guess I was sorta happy seeing a happy end. I expected this final episode to be really action packed or something, and Kurou's fight was disappointing given all the build up it felt like we got for it.

Dec 26, 2015 5:52 AM

Oct 2013
Decent finale, bumped up to 5/10.
NuviDec 26, 2015 5:52 AM
Dec 26, 2015 6:12 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
7/10 to series. Wasn't as good compared to 1st season & movie :(
Dec 26, 2015 6:24 AM

Jun 2014
pretty ok finale, satisfying enough for this series

alpha_shadowDec 26, 2015 7:11 AM
:3
Dec 26, 2015 6:25 AM

May 2009
They really fucked up Kukuri at the end of episode

Well, at least Neko always has nice animation
Dec 26, 2015 8:24 AM

Jun 2014
6/10 , That sure's been a disappointment the story was pretty flat all along , it was the same for the 2 prequels but for them something was going on , during this season 3 not much really happened in comparaison . imo this anime's 2 strongest points are the same as the prequels : OST & Art .
vanella96 said:
The big question is what the hell is up with Shiro at the end? Is that his original body? Did he somehow get another? How did he even come back? I can call this a plot hole, right? I don't remember any sort of explanation for this type of thing.
He got his Original body back, The Colorless king used his power to eject him out of his body so since the slates' no longer exist the colorless king's magic is gone as well and during the movie "K : Missing Kings" It was revealed that the Gold King has saved the Silver King’s original body from the sea and had it restored to its original form so his soul came back to his body just like the soul of the teenage boy he was possessing did
xSkydelDec 26, 2015 8:35 AM
Dec 26, 2015 8:52 AM

Jun 2015
That's the first time I can truly say that I'm a bit disappointed with K, although... Maybe not. Hell, I'm not sure what I feel just now. I had the same problem with K: Project and with Missing Kings. They all are like marvelous pieces of art to me (with juuuust a little too much of fanservice - I'm into girls, but come on), but somehow they cannot make it to 10/10. It's always 8 or 9 out of 10, there is always something missing.
Timeline is just right (I don't mind taking it slow), art is beautiful, I've got characters I care about - Kuro, Munakata, Fushimi, Shiro, Mikoto - music is caressing my ears, action is swirling... But it still misses something and I can't even tell what it is. It's just subjective feeling. I already have 9 pieces scored 10/10, if I remember correctly, and that 10 always meant that this anime simply could not be made better. That even if it has flaws they are minor or I don't mind, that I'm simply in love with them. But what is Retung of Kings missing for me? What is it, that I can't even name properly?

I want more. I want that f.ckin 10/10 finally. I want it to mean something.
Dec 26, 2015 9:08 AM

Jan 2014
Despite the flaws, the ending alone and how they pulled it off was brilliant
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2015 9:18 AM

Feb 2015

Neko kept flashing her underwear this ep.

Best part of the ep was Seri-chan punching the captain.

Fushimi proved why is he is the best, and not a traitor as everyone initially believed.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2015 9:37 AM

Jan 2014
The 1st season still better
10/10 for boobs and butts
Dec 26, 2015 10:35 AM
Dec 2015
I love the K anime series! The music is awesome everything is so colourful and the animation is cool ^_^
I liked the ending it gave a satisfying feeling of this is how its supposed to be.. although i want everyone to have powers still!
I hope there will be more in the future :)

I liked how Mikoto appeared with Anna "burn them!"
And how Kuro got power from the Silver Clan coin!
And of course that Shiro came back to them after he got his real body back !

The pics in the end were nice too showing how everyone is still together now that they have no powers to segregate them into clans ♡
Dec 26, 2015 11:04 AM

Mar 2013
I will say that the ending was good, but not the best. The idea to destroy the Slates with the Damocles was not in my predictions and I loved the part where Awashima punched Munakata! xD

Love the ending cards!

However one thing I will complain is Weismann's ending. I understand that he went back to his original body but doesn't that mean he would be dead like the Gold King? As far as I understand, it was the Silver King's power that kept him alive and forever young. Now with the powers gone, should he not be old and crippling too?
Dec 26, 2015 12:03 PM
Aug 2013
AnimeJunky said:
Moral of the story is the green king shouldn't have been a power hungry asshole. If he hadn't been one everyone would have been able to keep their powers. I'm really gonna miss this anime.

it have been said many time in the series that green king intention isnt just keep the slate power for himself but giving it for the entire humanity so anyone could have a chance to become a king like him,none of clansman and king really want to giving up their power(except blue perhaps) but there will be people like Nagare as long as the power source still exists so destroying it probably the most suitable decision unless they want to clean this whole mess onceagain in near future
Dec 26, 2015 12:28 PM

Dec 2015
123ANIMEfun said:

However one thing I will complain is Weismann's ending. I understand that he went back to his original body but doesn't that mean he would be dead like the Gold King? As far as I understand, it was the Silver King's power that kept him alive and forever young. Now with the powers gone, should he not be old and crippling too?

I think that because of his powers Weismann's body didn't get old, so when he lost them, he just started aging again. His body was kind of preserved so he couldn't change - get old or die for good. Another matter is how he get it back. Wasn't Adolf K. Weismann, possesed by Colorless King, on exploding airship in first season? I missed that part in the film when they were talking about Golg King getting Weismann's body back, but does that mean that his body regenerated even though Shiro had Silver King's power of immortality? Both bodies had it? I'm not sure if I got it right.

Finale was quite good, art was excellent troughout the series, animation not so much, soundtrack was awesome, characters likeable when they got screentime, but somewhat I can't say it was a good season. That'a a shame, because I enjoyed K a lot and I'm gonna miss it.
vVaniliaDec 26, 2015 12:32 PM
Dec 26, 2015 1:00 PM
Oct 2015
Well damn...it's over. *sobs in corner*
Also, time to rewatch whole series :P
Dec 26, 2015 1:31 PM

Nov 2012
Let's see reasons I thought this was worse than S1:
-More fanservice
-More fujoshi/shipping pandering
-Reused footage
-My taste is not as lienent/causal like compared to 3 years ago when I watched S1.

Overall 4/10
VanishingKiraDec 26, 2015 1:33 PM
Dec 26, 2015 4:25 PM
Jun 2010
Wow what a crap ending.
Dec 26, 2015 5:09 PM

Jun 2010
Found all the fights in this season underwhelming.. the only fight I enjoyed was the first like 5 minutes of the season, if only the show have could been as good as those 5 minutes. anyone know the song thats constantly playing?
Dec 26, 2015 6:01 PM

Jun 2015
They should have used 2 episodes for this finale. Everything seems to be rushed.

Anyway, a good series.
Dec 26, 2015 6:09 PM
May 2015
F___ said:
vanella96 said:

The big question is what the hell is up with Shiro at the end? Is that his original body? Did he somehow get another? How did he even come back? I can call this a plot hole, right? I don't remember any sort of explanation for this type of thing

Yeah, that was really confusing. I thought the silver king obtained the power of immortality through the slates, but they no longer exist now so how did he get his old body back?

Since the colorless king switch with his body and the real Yashiro Isana, I could only guess that his soul went back to his original body(Edit: Now I distinctly remember in the movie that the gold king save the original body). And since the slate is no longer existing, I guess he retained the age he had when he became immortal and from there he would age up normally as a human. But well that' s what I think though.
sochikoDec 26, 2015 6:18 PM
Dec 26, 2015 6:54 PM

Mar 2015
So in the end Is Yashiro was a subtitle of Adolf K Weismann?! That's mean In the end Shiro just a human?! So The shiro that has started story from season 1 and season 2 at the end switch back to Adolf?! What!!! I quite like Shiro... In the end the one who like Shiro is like Adolf K Weismann that old man... ゚( ゚இ‸இ゚)゚
Dec 26, 2015 7:08 PM

Sep 2011
F___ said:
Tyrel said:

Does anyone know the OST that played @ 13:23 onward for a little bit? They played it almost all the episodes during fights and stuff but I just can't find the name.

http://youtu.be/rl3iUIsu3gM This one?
Don't know what it's called since the entire OST isn't released yet.
That is indeed the one.
Dec 26, 2015 8:42 PM

Jul 2014
I'm done with this.
i like season 1 more
Lets see why i dont like this season
-Manservice
-Fujoshi baiter
-Same footage
-Cringeworthy lines.
-Cringeworhty scenes.

Overall 4/10
Dec 26, 2015 9:20 PM

Jul 2015
Shiro never really fights, huh? Wait, it's more like Adolf.

I just can't stop listening to the soundtrack. I love the end pictures.
EP 1's fight scenes don't compare to any of this season's.

Honestly, this season left so many questions while some were just given a short description.

I still find this show good, so.. 7/10

Dec 26, 2015 11:22 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Still fine, but slighty disappoiting compared to the first season and the movie.
I had hope because the movie was better than the first season but eh.
Anyway, wasnt that bad tho.
Nice little ending.
6/10.
DatRandomDudeDec 26, 2015 11:23 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 26, 2015 11:41 PM

Aug 2013
I tried to give it more than 3/10 but couldn't..
Glad this is over and I hope to never see such disappointment again.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Dec 27, 2015 12:15 AM

Jan 2015
How was the girl able to use her Spacial Transportation when all the power of the Slates should have been gone....
Dec 27, 2015 12:20 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Madara22 said:
How was the girl able to use her Spacial Transportation when all the power of the Slates should have been gone....

I forgot to ask but THIS RIGHT HERE ^^^^^^
I WTF'D WHEN IT HAPPENED
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 27, 2015 12:41 AM

Aug 2013
sochiko said:

Since the colorless king switch with his body and the real Yashiro Isana, I could only guess that his soul went back to his original body(Edit: Now I distinctly remember in the movie that the gold king save the original body). And since the slate is no longer existing, I guess he retained the age he had when he became immortal and from there he would age up normally as a human. But well that' s what I think though.

Oh, I see. I had completely forgotten about the movie. Thank you for your answer!
_Spectacled_Dec 27, 2015 11:58 AM
Dec 27, 2015 1:56 AM

Nov 2015
This show has awesome animation .
And the ending was OK.
I give 7/10 for this show.
Dec 27, 2015 4:06 AM
Dec 2015
oh no....no more k to look forward to.but really its so unfair that silver king gets to live and Nagare san had to die....honestly i love shiro but its just unfair....and i think yukari didn't showed his true potential during the fight with kuro.well its a sad ending for green clan lovers...i just couldn't bring myself to hate the antagonists of this season..sigh
Well i am happy Reishi gets to live..
P.s-- that punch from seri-chan was just perfect....
Dec 27, 2015 4:29 AM

Jul 2008
I'm always asking for a happy ending and I finally got it, unfortunately. But !! on the plus side it means there wont be anymore seasons. Also I didn't expect to like the green clan at all but I felt really bad for them in the end. Overall it was enjoyable but not something I would go back and watch again like s1.
milkhoneyDec 27, 2015 4:30 AM
Dec 27, 2015 10:58 AM

Jan 2014
Wow, I loved this. I want to read K now too :D

I hope we'll get more K stuffs in the future~
Dec 27, 2015 11:18 AM

Apr 2014
The ending kinda felt very...dull ? Like Idk, I was expecting more of a dark ending than happily ever after kinda crap, meh. I give it a 9/10 for now since I'm still kinda in trance but I can definetely see me lowering it in the future, kinda really dissapointed but at the same time I loved it. Lol ??
Dec 27, 2015 11:33 AM

Mar 2013
I liked the first season more.

Maybe I held my expectations too high for that season...

Meh sequel

6/10
Dec 27, 2015 12:17 PM

Apr 2008
I see a lot of questions in the comments:

- Strains still have their powers as they developed on their own.
- Shiro's body is not aged as the aging stopped. He will age from now on most likely.
- Munakata had quite some time before his sword would fall, it is not weird for him to be alive and well.
- Yes, there is a lot of re-used scenes - as were in S1.

As I have watched S1, the movie, read the mangas and some parts of the novels I am not entirely too disappointed by the series as a whole. The animation was beautiful but there was too much fan service this time around (maybe throw-back for the close friendship between red and blue king S1).

I wished they had made the last episode into two instead but I understand that there is more than just throwing in another episode (refer to Kekkai Sensen aka Blood Blockade Battlefront).

The only thing that has surprised me so far is not seeing Munakata weaken mentally even once to show remorse for killing his, previously, only equal. Though, the scene when he visited the bar is probably the closest to it.
Dec 27, 2015 3:24 PM

Mar 2012
Somehow it doesnt feel finished to me though judging from the ending, I cant see how it can continue with its premise. The clan wars could have been expanded way better than it should, I was expecting a royale similar to Fate.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Dec 27, 2015 3:53 PM

Dec 2008
Is this really the end? I'm going to miss all the bishounens.
Dec 27, 2015 10:23 PM

Jun 2007
Stupid_Yuji said:
The ONLY thing that makes me wonder if maybe they might still have their powers is the fact that when it showed Shiro at the end he was wearing a pendant that was glowing silver. Nobody knows the ramifications of the Green's releasing the slates powers like that. Also I have a somewhat farfetched theory that when Shiro's sword crashed into the slates instead of destroying each other maybe they somehow fused thus giving Shiro power over the slates much like the Gold King once had. The slates are no more but that doesn't mean their power is gone. It makes no sense to me that his old body wouldn't automatically age and die. He's still the immortal king and that should be impossible without the slates or unless something happened to change things. I'm hoping the powers still exist so we can get another season. If that's possible maybe he reset things so the Blue King will get his powers back. Yeah, it's a bit of a stretch but I can hope. I want a season 3.

I'm thinking something along the same lines. Shiro's immortality was a result of the slates so if they truly were destroyed then it would make sense that his original body would have aged and died just like nagata. So either his sword merged with the slates or he recreated the slates in his older body as it was aging. Why it still looks young...I can only guess that his power allowed him to de-age once the slates were recreated.

As for the series as a whole...it was crap. The fights were interesting but I felt like each episode just rehashed the same story all over again. Season 1 was clearly better but ultimately it ran into the same issues. The story needed to be fleshed out more.
Dec 28, 2015 1:59 AM

May 2014
Meh... Quite some glaring plot holes and armor, which have already been mentioned. Anyhow, it's over.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Dec 28, 2015 6:30 AM

Apr 2013
Random bishonen dudes fighting with rainbow colored powers and the world is only used as background.
Dec 28, 2015 7:35 AM

May 2013
I really din't like this sequal i hate how they force the fan service they should give better clothes to Neko and Blue Girl and they keep recycling clips like Anna Powering up
Dec 28, 2015 12:31 PM

Apr 2015
So with the series wrapping up it's final episode I have to say I enjoyed it very much. For those of you that haven't watched it yet but are interested in doing so, you should know that K is part of a larger project so get the full experience watching the Missing Kings movie is a must. Even though the movie is a year older than Return of Kings it's not a fucking prequel but an insert for Return of Kings.
I recommend watching the movie after the first episode of Return of Kings. Then the second episode as it was probably intended. For whatever reason it was produced this way, the movie takes place after the first episode and before the second of Return of Kings. Explaining most of the gaps in the story between eps. 1 and 2. Also there are a few manga that go with the events of the entire K project.
"K - Countdown" is a must read it takes place after the events in the movie and contains the information and character viewpoints after Mikoto's death. (8 chapters)
"K - Stray Dog Story" - Kuro's story (5 chapters)
"K - Days of Blue" - Scepter 4's story (10 chapters)
"K - Memory of Red" Homra's story (15 chapters)
"K - The First" Shiro and the Gold Kings story (16 chapters)

μ's
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2015

263 by bigdmf »»
Apr 2, 6:03 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2015

45 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 5:42 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2015

87 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 4:41 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2015

57 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 2:58 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2015

96 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.