Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 25, 2015 11:28 AM
Oct 2011
Klockan said:
Kuroi_Usagi-san said:

After that little spiel of cringe-worthy placed exposition about Ninya's sister, it "should" make sense that they bring them back to life. Otherwise, if they were going to die anyway, that little tidbit about the sister and Ninya's hidden identity being a girl is kind of worthless.

My hope is that they bring them back to life, because I am really liking the show. I don't want to already pass it off as a poorly written enjoyable show instead of simply an enjoyable show.

Just assume that all humans will die with their wishes unfulfilled and you will have a better grasp of this show.
I wish Climb would but alas...

I'm thinking they might animate the fight and some parts of Vol 3 as well considering where this episode ended,but I guess we'll find out.
Aug 25, 2015 11:29 AM

Oct 2010
To massacre those poor adventurers :( You are a bad girl Clementine!
Time for Momo to spank that ass in the next episode :D
Aug 25, 2015 11:30 AM

Feb 2015
Great episode, can't wait for next week. Still needs more Albedo!
Aug 25, 2015 11:32 AM

Feb 2012
HYPE
Aug 25, 2015 11:33 AM

Apr 2010
That cliffhanger !
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Aug 25, 2015 11:35 AM

Jul 2012
So the fight is next in the next episode. Now I'm kinda excited...
"The opposite of boredom is not pleasure... but excitement. People will gladly seek out any kind of excitement, even pain." -Makishima Shougo
Aug 25, 2015 11:45 AM

Mar 2011
Lol, a handicap. Loving the disrespect. Next episode will be awesome.
Aug 25, 2015 11:56 AM
Jun 2014
"That's why I'm giving you a handicap.

No matter what, I won't fight seriously."
too op
Aug 25, 2015 11:57 AM

Apr 2008
ChiLynn said:
"That's why I'm giving you a handicap.

No matter what, I won't fight seriously."
too op

Ainz has the best Smack Talk
Aug 25, 2015 12:02 PM

Jul 2009
Better than I've been expecting for this episode, that summoning was cool to see.

When Clementine said she was at the same level as Gazef Stronoff I laughed too hard at the point of falling out of the chair. Like, really? You will cry too much at the end of it bitch.

I can't hold my hype for this series, I hardly do it but damn this one hitted the spot.
Aug 25, 2015 12:05 PM

Apr 2010
Jonny_Mhl said:
I can't hold my hype for this series, I hardly do it but damn this one hitted the spot.

This. I don't know why, but it's like that one anime I never knew I wanted! :'D

Great episode. I probably have to switch over to the novels when the 13 episodes have finished. xD
Aug 25, 2015 12:24 PM

Mar 2015
I always enjoy watching Ainz's cocky attitude.
Aug 25, 2015 12:31 PM

Apr 2008
D- said:
I always enjoy watching Ainz's cocky attitude.

He has the best smack talk
Aug 25, 2015 12:33 PM

Feb 2014
They are dragging it so much... Zzz
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Aug 25, 2015 12:38 PM

Apr 2008
slovak125 said:

Why are you still here?
Aug 25, 2015 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
Never thought this anime would turn out to be this good.

Looking forward for next weeks ep.
Aug 25, 2015 12:41 PM

May 2013
The MC is such a good character.
On a personal level, he's got so many traits that I wanted to see in an anime without being forcibly demonised by the story (like it happens in Death Note, Code Geass, etc) and he's strong enough for my tastes.
On a more "objective" standpoint, he seems to be an actual character. He uses his brain, is attentive but without being too "perfect", more than once he's made a mistake or a miscalculation, he bluffs, he's selfish (unlike the typical hero being a self righteous white knight), he's got his own demons and objectives. He acts of his own accord but at the same time realising that he needs to keep an image. Many of the things he does , again, are not trying to make you feel like he's doing something wrong or right by the story and the tone, nor is he really saying cliché phrases such as "X is wrong!".

This could have been said in the first episodes, but this episode really made me appreciate the character even more.
The anime might be slow, and it feels like you're watching it for 6 minutes, but in all honesty, this was definitely a fresh take on the show, compared to how many anime actually feature 2 dimensional characters in these types of anime.
If anything it's a better approach than what Log Horizon, SAO and Hack gave us.
Aug 25, 2015 12:49 PM

Aug 2008
That horrible forced exposition was sticking out like a sore thumb. It was already terrible in itself, but in a show that started so well it makes you want to punch someone in the face just to spread the suffering...

Other than that piece of crap of a writing it was another episode that went by way too fast.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 25, 2015 12:53 PM

Jun 2015
Im totally amazed by this series. It feels like im watching 5 minutes and it ends, time just flies by. Now have to wait another week. Im also hoping a season 2 will happen, hoping, but i will definitely read the novel after this season ends.
Aug 25, 2015 1:01 PM

Apr 2014
My first reaction was like: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!......wait....Ninya is a girl?
I really want Ainz to kill that Clementine.
But still...where's Albedo?
Its been two episodes without Albedo.
Aug 25, 2015 1:09 PM

Feb 2008
the really sad thing is that they are so OP hardly anyone in this world could give them a fight. htey compare Ainz to the highest level adventurer but so far, he hasn't even broken a sweat. I wonder if this fight will show a bit of how strong he is compared to their strong warriors. I am also curious if he is actually able to discern a target's ability naturally like we normally would in an rpg. IE: you can tell their level strength etc....before you fight them so you know which fights are easy and which might give you a hard time; which would explain his blatant confidence whenever he faces an opponent.
Aug 25, 2015 1:13 PM

May 2009
Finally hugging next week.
Aug 25, 2015 1:37 PM

Aug 2015
This episode was good and one of my favorites of this series for sure. Ainz giving that girl a handicap, I know he is op but damn can anyone give him a real fight?. I'm thinking he's going to kick her ass.
Aug 25, 2015 1:38 PM

Jul 2012
Next week we finally get to see the fight :) . Momon is going to fight with a handicap but obviously Clementine has no chance.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Aug 25, 2015 1:38 PM

Apr 2008
Superlative said:
This episode was good and one of my favorites of this series for sure. Ainz giving that girl a handicap, I know he is op but damn can anyone give him a real fight?. I'm thinking he's going to kick her ass.

She uses piercing weapons and he's a skeleton wearing FULL plate. You don't have to be an RPG nerd to know how this is going to go
Aug 25, 2015 1:43 PM

Jun 2009
sdarkpaladin said:
Sad that anime will end at vol 2 and we don't get to see vol 3's fight.

I think they will be able to get Volume 3 in, but they'll rush through or maybe skip a lot of the parts leading up to the best fight. :D
Aug 25, 2015 1:47 PM

Jun 2011
Wait what Ninya was a girl? I just skimmed through that part of the novel again and like I thought I don't think they ever said anything like that. Is that anime original or did I just miss it somewhere?
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Aug 25, 2015 1:48 PM

Apr 2008
Slicer22 said:
Wait what Ninya was a girl? I just skimmed through that part of the novel again and like I thought I don't think they ever said anything like that. Is that anime original or did I just miss it somewhere?

Ainz discovers it when he examines the corpses
Aug 25, 2015 1:50 PM

Jan 2013
Slicer22 said:

http://overlordmaruyama.wikia.com/wiki/Ninya
Aug 25, 2015 1:55 PM

Jun 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Slicer22 said:

Can I get a quote from that section of the novel because I am looked over that bit again and all it is talking about is horrible injuries and hemorrhaging among other things. Nothing about gender and it does not seem to subtlety hint it either.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Aug 25, 2015 1:56 PM

Apr 2008
Slicer22 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Can I get a quote from that section of the novel because I am looked over that bit again and all it is talking about is horrible injuries and hemorrhaging among other things. Nothing about gender and it does not seem to subtlety hint it either.

The hints are in Volume 2, when Momon finds her body and undress her to check the wounds, he is astonished and adjust her dress quickly.
Aug 25, 2015 1:58 PM

Jun 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Slicer22 said:

The hints are in Volume 2, when Momon finds her body and undress her to check the wounds, he is astonished and adjust her dress quickly.

Nvm just looked down that wiki page a bit more
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Aug 25, 2015 1:59 PM

Sep 2013
Poor moonlit black cats sword of darkness :'(
Clementine sounds so ( I like it and I'm annoyed too :(

Momon going HAM was GOOD :O
So smooth and powerful <3

slovak125 said:

Aug 25, 2015 1:59 PM

Aug 2010
Momon gives no shits at all. Gotta love the guy.

Sucks that Clementine's most likely gonna die. Momon has no mercy so...

I loved hearing Aoi Yuuki's crazy voice D:
Aug 25, 2015 2:02 PM

Jan 2014
Whoa all his fellow "friends" died.. i did not expect that. Momon is awesome though, but it'll be interesting to see whether he underestimates Clementine.
Aug 25, 2015 2:10 PM

Apr 2008
Slicer22 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Nvm just looked down that wiki page a bit more

There are very subtle hints in Volume 2. No matter how much you deny it
Aug 25, 2015 2:15 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode, I thought the development would be faster, but I'm enjoying the plot being well used, besides I even laughed at some scenes with serious moments, Momonga walking on the giant hamster is hilarious, I'm looking forward to seeing the fights next episode ..
Aug 25, 2015 2:16 PM

Jun 2011
Darklight0303 said:

There are very subtle hints in Volume 2. No matter how much you deny it

Sure with hindsight but chances are when people read that most people did not think she was a girl it was all a description about the horrible injuries on her body.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Aug 25, 2015 2:17 PM

Apr 2014
Well, first half was useless and not fun at all.
GG Clementine, you mess with the wrong person and he will not go at you seriously too.
And RIP to Khajiit, Narberal will kill you haha.
Can't wait for next episode to see Khajiit and Clementine got their ass kick.
Aug 25, 2015 2:22 PM

May 2013
Aww men, they died ;-;

And Clementine will taste Momon's revenge next week!
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 25, 2015 2:24 PM

May 2015
O, how I will feel so satisfied when I see that crazy bitch die, it had to end right there, ugh. Great episode, absolutely loved it. Momon's such a beast, I really like his character. Probably one of my favorite (male) characters this season. Also, Nabe carrying Hamusuke was amazing, rofl. Sucked though, that the other characters died right there at the beginning, but can't say I'm surprised, ugh. Didn't expect Ninya to be actually a female though. Really looking forward to the next episode. I want to see Momon smashing that bitch.
ReverberateAug 25, 2015 2:29 PM

Aug 25, 2015 2:50 PM
Jul 2018
the ep i dread to happen ._.' well sigh. lol lord khajit.

well epic ep. Can't wait for the next one.
removed-userAug 25, 2015 2:55 PM
Aug 25, 2015 2:53 PM

Apr 2010
Clementine for waifu of the season.
Aug 25, 2015 3:07 PM

Oct 2011
Momon is probably one of the best main characters in anime I seen in years. Really refreshing compared to what we usually get.
Aug 25, 2015 3:23 PM
Jul 2012
The whole development is so slow, one would think that this needs at least 50-60 episodes to showcase the plot. Otherwise it will be just like preparing a meal for two hours only to forget it in the oven...

I think the turning point will come when stronger or equal characters appear. Otherwise it's comparable to playing an MMO at max level and doing lvl 1 quests. Gets boring.

As for this ep:

I don't see any point in just showing the necromancers how OP is he(Momon), also why make it seem like it will take more than a spell to wipe them. Plus sending Nabe to do it? They seem too insignificant and weak. Wouldn't it be faster to just instakill them? After all there are no observers...

As for Clementine, she seems like a viable information source, can't he just teleport her back to the fortress so his servants can interrogate her?

Punishing her for foiling his plans seems childish and not lord-like.
Aug 25, 2015 3:24 PM
May 2015
Ican't wait until next week episode I was a little surprise the author didn't pull a Goku than again everybody was dead when he arrived. Man next episode is just going to curb stomp battle next week.
Aug 25, 2015 4:56 PM

Jun 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Kuroi_Usagi-san said:

That's not entirely true. Like Tropicalwood said, and Ains noted it as well that they are useful for spreading his name. Those adventurers have in fact spent the most time with him so far in whatever side of the world Ains and Nabe are in.

You clearly didn't understand what Ainz said.

Wait, what? What other way is there to interpret what Ainz said besides what kuroi usagi mentioned?
Aug 25, 2015 5:08 PM

Apr 2008
pwner said:
The whole development is so slow, one would think that this needs at least 50-60 episodes to showcase the plot. Otherwise it will be just like preparing a meal for two hours only to forget it in the oven...

I think the turning point will come when stronger or equal characters appear. Otherwise it's comparable to playing an MMO at max level and doing lvl 1 quests. Gets boring.

As for this ep:

I don't see any point in just showing the necromancers how OP is he(Momon), also why make it seem like it will take more than a spell to wipe them. Plus sending Nabe to do it? They seem too insignificant and weak. Wouldn't it be faster to just instakill them? After all there are no observers...

As for Clementine, she seems like a viable information source, can't he just teleport her back to the fortress so his servants can interrogate her?

Punishing her for foiling his plans seems childish and not lord-like.

You would write a very boring story.
Aug 25, 2015 5:13 PM

Jun 2015
Next week can't wait.
Aug 25, 2015 5:35 PM
Aug 2011
My personal take on Ainz's feelings toward the adventurers' death.

He certainly didn't consider them his companions. That's for his guild mates. His first concern with them was spreading his fame so he can reach an higher rank quicker. They were going to spread stories of how he defeated ogres with 1 slash. Now he plans for the whole town to hear about him saving them from a thousand undead. That's even more impressive so that's a net gain.

However, while he didn't consider them his companions but rather mostly tools, there was still some connection. Just take that scene at beginning of episode 7 where he knows he ruined the mood and try to fix it. Ainz won't feel angry about their death. He has his Overlord role to play in front of Narberal and he knows, if he had to, he would've killed them himself. Still, "this is a little... displeasing".

He's taunting her and she's not liking it. She takes everything with a laugh but that and you can be sure Ainz noticed it. He's saying he'll punish Clementine because "she interrupted his plans" despite her giving him a much better opportunity to get famous. That's the payback he'll allow himself to get for them while never admitting it, probably not even to himself.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

434 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 2, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2015

405 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 1, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2015

332 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 1, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

371 by hanakocheeks »»
Aug 31, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2015

253 by MrList »»
Jun 28, 3:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.