Sep 2014
Bl4ckH4wk22 said:
Wait is this legit? I want marika to end up with ichigo
?
Mar 6, 2015 1:40 PM

May 2009
MyNameIsTaken said:
Wait is this legit? I want marika to end up with ichigo

Come on, it's not hard to guess it's from her 4 Seasons Fanbook.
Mar 17, 2015 2:11 PM

Jul 2013
Although reading most Western-based forums will make it seem like Chitoge's the most popular by a long shot, from what I've heard and seen, Kosaki's worshipped in Japan, just look at the popularity polls

I hope author remains loyal to the Japanese fanbase for my ships fate...
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Mar 17, 2015 2:21 PM

Feb 2014
Legal_Latino said:
Although reading most Western-based forums will make it seem like Chitoge's the most popular by a long shot, but from what I've heard and seen Kosaki's worshipped in Japan, just look at the popularity polls

She is a Yamato Nadeshiko character after all. But I hope the author doesn't succumb to the pressure from the Japanese public. That would make the whole theme of "fake love" meaningless and the entire story would be pointless if Ichigo and Kosaki end up with each other i.e their initial crush.
Mar 17, 2015 2:44 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Vhailor said:
Legal_Latino said:
Although reading most Western-based forums will make it seem like Chitoge's the most popular by a long shot, but from what I've heard and seen Kosaki's worshipped in Japan, just look at the popularity polls

She is a Yamato Nadeshiko character after all. But I hope the author doesn't succumb to the pressure from the Japanese public. That would make the whole theme of "fake love" meaningless and the entire story would be pointless if Ichigo and Kosaki end up with each other i.e their initial crush.
This

That aside Yamato Nadeshiko characters in general are the epitome of boring
Mar 19, 2015 2:39 AM

Jul 2013
Yamato Nadeshiko > a blonde tsundere any day... If you prefer a girl that will slap and yell at you half the time over a girl that's just moe as fuck 24/7 then you're just beta as hell :3

She's so far the only girl with the most meanigful development; chapter 98 being the big one that also just happens to be the most relateable scenario this manga has created. All of the Chitoge X Raku are cliche'd to hell and I'm in no way saying Onodera's aren't but at least there's a couple gems in there. Not to mention Koasaki's the only girl to have feelings for Raku from the start, xept of course Marika but she's a cunt

@Vhailor actually, I'm not gonna lie, anyone that cheers for Onodera is pretty much already on a sinking ship. If there's one word to describe this manga it's GENERIC. And how will this generic manga probably end? With a last minute confession where Raku realizes that what him and Kosaki had was "false love" and Chitoge and him were meant to be. woo. Literally the ending to EVERY form of romantic media.

Every Onodera fans knows this is going to happen, hell just look at the one shot; WE'RE FUCKED.

Now if the author wants to have some BALLS and at the same time please the entire land of the rising sun, then he'll pull a 180 and have Chitoge and Raku confess their feelings for each other, and have Kosaki just stand by and smile as if saying " as long as he's happy, I'm happy.." then after what seems to be another 10 epilogue chapters; BANG they start to realize that they're more of friends than lovers, and after an NGE episode 26 style chapter, Raku realizes that there is no such thing as false love or some shit like that I dunno then he makes out with Kosaki at the spot where they both checked their grade results all those years ago.
Then I wake up because this ending is 100% not going to happen.

Whatever I'll honestly take Onodera and Chitoge becoming lesbian or something, I just want this manga to end in a way that's so painfully obvious. Whatever

jet fuel can't melt steal beams
Legal_LatinoMar 19, 2015 2:49 AM
Mar 19, 2015 7:31 AM
Jan 2014
Mar 20, 2015 11:38 AM

Oct 2014
Because Chitoge is the one fitting for Ichijo. I mean yeah, onodera is cute and all but chitoge ftw!
why
Mar 20, 2015 12:31 PM

Mar 2015
Because she is blonde. And cute.
Mar 20, 2015 12:44 PM

Dec 2014
Because she's the girl the manga was created for.
Onodera got no personality and she is too shy;
On the other hand, marika is too blunt.
Yui seems more like a supporting character.
Mar 20, 2015 8:34 PM

Jan 2011
Legal_Latino said:
Although reading most Western-based forums will make it seem like Chitoge's the most popular by a long shot, from what I've heard and seen, Kosaki's worshipped in Japan, just look at the popularity polls

I hope author remains loyal to the Japanese fanbase for my ships fate...
That way you get pairings with fuck all development like Ichigo 100%
Mar 21, 2015 11:31 PM

Aug 2013
Fuchsia_ said:
HaXXspetten said:
because she's hot and fuckable

also the other options are all pretty bad (well I guess Marika is good too)
yo you do realize you are talking about an anime character right? hot and fuckable? you need to get out more.

You are new in anime scene, right? :D

//
ONODERA is love, ONODERA is life.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 22, 2015 12:03 AM

Jun 2012
I just think they're the most natural pairing in the show. Ichijou's feelings for Onodera are only skin-deep, and don't even get me started on Marika. I like their chemistry, even if Chitoge being tsundere 24/7 can get annoying at times.
"I'm gonna make you bleed like me!"
Characterization Society
Discord
Apr 8, 2015 11:32 AM
Apr 2015
Because she had more screentime
Apr 9, 2015 1:08 AM

Mar 2015
Aerune said:
Because she had more screentime

That's probably as right as its going to get xD
Apr 10, 2015 9:01 PM

Jul 2013
[SIZE=125]So Onodera was somehow voted third in "Anime's Most Stylish Girls" by Japanese fans.[/SIZE]

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/04/10/japanese-fans-pick-animes-most-stylish-girls

I'm Team Kosaki for life but when I think of her, one of the last things I think about is stylish.. I mean she wears her uniform during most of the manga.. I guess I wasn't the only one that was completely in love with that Juliet outfit =p

Whatever, once again Kosaki proves that she's just the best. Thanks Japan.

Chitoge came in 17th :3
Apr 18, 2015 12:23 AM

Dec 2011
shaunyboi14 said:
I like Tsugumi but I know that's not going to happen.
Chitoge is smarter than the rest of them, she's just not honest because she's a tsundere. But I do feel that she is the one person that needs Raku the most, and Raku has helped her out a ton of times. Raku and Chitoge are basically so similarly not honest with themselves and that they are kind of in the same boat because the way they live, both royal to the family.

I agree chitoge needs raku, but it feels like she is more like a sister of raku's. In front of chitoge, raku looks more like a big brother to me. When they argue, somehow it feels like a bro-sister argument. (Experience from Ore imo)
diu613Apr 18, 2015 12:30 AM
Apr 18, 2015 12:28 AM

Feb 2015
As of popularity polls Kosaki is the most popular, because she looked asian and moe

Chitoge looks like western type of girl and you know Japanese do not like interracials.
Apr 18, 2015 12:39 AM

Dec 2011
Monstrum said:
As of popularity polls Kosaki is the most popular, because she looked asian and moe

Chitoge looks like western type of girl and you know Japanese do not like interracials.

In japan, wetern type of girls are really popular. And alot of anime characters have western features, blonde girl is one of the western features thats get animated the most.
If u are a transfer student to japanese high schools, u will instantly become popular in that school for like period of time then it will fade out. They loves western people. But i think in nisekoi, not only onodera is moe as fuk, also her voice actor is hanazawa kana which makes her even more popular. Chitoge is still really popular u know. Its quite close between onodera and chitoge in japan about 400 votes i think ? So i dont think the "Japanese do not like interracials" is appropriate :)
Apr 18, 2015 12:50 AM

Jan 2014
am I the only one who's actually gonna say I'd go for Haru? (-_-)
and btw people... start calling them by their names now... there are 3 Onoderas who are you guys referring to?
the older sister, the little sister or the mother?... lol
#TeamHaru... :3
ah btw the question... yeah i guess she's really cute... that's why
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jun 22, 2015 3:11 AM
May 2015
Because she special and bunny-like, fit for a playboy like raku
And thanks to her in one-shot manga that nisekoi story can be exist.
Aug 31, 2015 4:50 AM
Aug 2015
One thing i'll be honest with is i like marika she's my best girl wanted to make that clear anyway i like nisekoi its a good manga anime now the problem i have is we all know this manga/anime is to obvious we all know chitoge is bound to end up with raku ......point is the writer makes his work to obvious its like if it was her all along then why the plot from chapter 1-???????? Right? So i'll give the questions and answers i personaly think Do i like chitoge x raku? No. Do i want Chitoge to end up with raku? If it happens it happens even if i think its complete bullshit. Do i want an unexpected shocking plot with the actual promised girl who is actually someone other than chitoge or onodera? Yes. Would i hate the fact if it was chitoge all along? Yeah the fuck right? Cause that would probably obvious anyway am i done with my jabber? Yes. Why do people ship raku chitoge? I personally think its just typical raku x chitoge fandom freaks.
Zenex_IceAug 31, 2015 4:54 AM
Aug 31, 2015 4:57 AM
Aug 2015
[quote=DeadZeroSource]am I the only one who's actually gonna say I'd go for Haru? (-_-)
and btw people... start calling them by their names now... there are 3 Onoderas who are you guys referring to?
the older sister, the little sister or the mother?... lol
#TeamHaru... :3
ah btw the question... yeah i guess she's really cute... that's why[/quot/] No fortunately i think its possible it could be haru who was the girl raku promised just a guess though its prbb an unexpected girl but most people think its chitoge but thats commen sense i guess it would be boring if it was chitoge though cause then it'd be to obvius right? I personally like haru and marika.
Zenex_IceAug 31, 2015 5:06 AM
Sep 2, 2015 7:12 PM
Aug 2015
I ship it because it's adorable and I'm a total sucker for tsundere X MC couples. Especially ones where they start out hating each other's guts and end up slowly falling for each other through the course of the story. (I guess I just really love that type of progression/development)
Sep 2, 2015 7:18 PM

Aug 2008
Protaku94 said:
Because she's most popular girl~

Though I'm on that Onodera ship
絶対大丈夫だよ

Jul 19, 2016 7:10 PM
Aug 2015
The reason Chitoge is paired with Raku is because Komi (the author and artist), is terrible at writing stories. He introduces tons of other girls, makes it painfully obvious from the beginning which one is going to win, and then tries to spice it up a bit by adding some development, but he accidentally drops an entire jar of chili powder into the bowl making it inedible for everyone. Onodera throughout the story has tried to, or has gotten to, confess ten times. Every single time (except for the last one) it was interrupted with a cliche or some random chance occurrence that made the manga go on a little longer, and now we're at chapter 227 and after Onodera's 10 tries she has finally struck out. That's poor writing. If you're gonna create an interesting conflict between two main love interests you've gotta provide significant development for both, and having 10 failed opportunities doesn't provide anything substantial; it's just lazy. This could have been a decent story if he had written it properly, but it fell flat by the end.
Jul 19, 2016 8:48 PM

Nov 2008
Better question: Why DON'T people ship them?

They're a case of "How can you not?" basically.

Legal_Latino said:
[SIZE=125]So Onodera was somehow voted third in "Anime's Most Stylish Girls" by Japanese fans.[/SIZE]

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/04/10/japanese-fans-pick-animes-most-stylish-girls

I'm Team Kosaki for life but when I think of her, one of the last things I think about is stylish.. I mean she wears her uniform during most of the manga.. I guess I wasn't the only one that was completely in love with that Juliet outfit =p

Whatever, once again Kosaki proves that she's just the best. Thanks Japan.

Chitoge came in 17th :3

EWWWW I can't believe their taste. Onodera has the worst haircut ever and she wears grandma clothes. XD She has TERRIBLE style. Every group pic of the girls in new outfits and she always has the ugliest one. lol

he reason Chitoge is paired with Raku is because Komi (the author and artist), is terrible at writing stories.

Found another salty Dera fan. :p

The OP is asking why fans pair them. Not why the author pairs them. Derpy doo.

Jul 19, 2016 9:21 PM

Jul 2015
Well, with that logic, you could say the exact same thing with Kosaki and all the other girls. How do they stand out? Sure, Kosaki knows how to cook, she's your average dandere, really.

caught in the wonder
Jul 25, 2016 2:31 AM

Mar 2016
Nothing much to say... it's because their "Chemistry"...
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Jul 31, 2016 8:04 PM

Nov 2015
WingedSupernova said:
The reason Chitoge is paired with Raku is because Komi (the author and artist), is terrible at writing stories. He introduces tons of other girls, makes it painfully obvious from the beginning which one is going to win, and then tries to spice it up a bit by adding some development, but he accidentally drops an entire jar of chili powder into the bowl making it inedible for everyone. Onodera throughout the story has tried to, or has gotten to, confess ten times. Every single time (except for the last one) it was interrupted with a cliche or some random chance occurrence that made the manga go on a little longer, and now we're at chapter 227 and after Onodera's 10 tries she has finally struck out. That's poor writing. If you're gonna create an interesting conflict between two main love interests you've gotta provide significant development for both, and having 10 failed opportunities doesn't provide anything substantial; it's just lazy. This could have been a decent story if he had written it properly, but it fell flat by the end.

I can definitely agree with you. You can tell that Naoshi Komi deliberately provided significant development for Raku and Chitoge. You know he's a Chitoge fan himself because stemming from volume 17 throughout volume 25, because 90% of time, he wrote too much development with Raku and Chitoge. But anyways, it was definitely one sided. It's wasn't fair for the other character at hand since Onodera didn't get much development with Raku. People say Chitoge and Raku are the best because they have "chemistry." Chemistry? What chemistry? The only people felt that way is because the author deliberately wrote to be together in these scenarios. So, in conclusion, worst ending I've ever read from a harem series. And, to be honest, Naoshi Komi should just retire.
Jul 31, 2016 10:13 PM
Aug 2015
_LorDNiCo_ said:

I can definitely agree with you. You can tell that Naoshi Komi deliberately provided significant development for Raku and Chitoge. You know he's a Chitoge fan himself because stemming from volume 17 throughout volume 25, because 90% of time, he wrote too much development with Raku and Chitoge. But anyways, it was definitely one sided. It's wasn't fair for the other character at hand since Onodera didn't get much development with Raku. People say Chitoge and Raku are the best because they have "chemistry." Chemistry? What chemistry? The only people felt that way is because the author deliberately wrote to be together in these scenarios. So, in conclusion, worst ending I've ever read from a harem series. And, to be honest, Naoshi Komi should just retire.

Claps for you, sir.
Jul 31, 2016 10:39 PM

Dec 2015
Seriously, as if Onodera had any special qualities, characterization or distinctive traits apart from the dandere archetype.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» An insult to harem fans

JustSomeone15 - 3 hours ago

6 by Dreear »»
3 minutes ago

» To Nisekoi fans who like Chitoge, can you explain why you like her?

Kira_Illusionist - May 21

25 by rohan121 »»
May 27, 4:22 PM

» The reasoning the author gives for choosing... is meh [SPOILERS] ( 1 2 )

diu613 - Jul 20, 2016

99 by Kira_Illusionist »»
May 21, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Nisekoi Chapter 206 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2016

79 by gohanoo »»
Apr 8, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Chapter 229 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2016

298 by luix66 »»
Feb 13, 12:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.