Forum Settings
Forums
New
Is Madhouse overrated?
Pages (18) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 2, 2015 11:55 AM

Apr 2014
I would make love to Madhoue if I could.
your waifu is shit
Jan 2, 2015 12:01 PM
Feb 2014
Madhouse if anything does its job consistently so it's not really anything to hate on unless you're blind with it.
Jan 2, 2015 1:50 PM

Jul 2010
Anyhing popular is bound to be called overrated at some point by certain crowd. And madhouse IS popular because its the best anime studio out there. Is madhouse overrated ? No.

Here is the list of my favourite anime from madhouse and that list is longer than any other anime studio could ever hope.
Jan 2, 2015 1:52 PM

Dec 2013
Nippon is famous for having utterly atrocious taste in entertainment mediums.
Jan 2, 2015 1:54 PM

Jan 2013
ichii_1 said:
SolviteWoTaberu said:

its because all their talent left and went to mappa

If the ones who made mahou sensou went there, mappa will will be closed in 2 years tops.
that was before that.
Jan 2, 2015 1:54 PM

Jun 2014
Mikasa said:
Take a look at Hunter x Hunter

Now take a look at other Animes

Now back to Hunter x Hunter

Now back to other animes

They are not Hunter x Hunter

I'm flipping you off

Now look at the topic name

Now back to Madhouse

Now where's the best anime studio award?

It's with fucking Madhouse

AND THERE'S NOT A DAMN THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT

Best post of the decade.
Jan 2, 2015 3:42 PM

Dec 2012
Madhouse is boss.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Jan 2, 2015 5:05 PM

Sep 2013
Mikasa said:

NGNL >>>>>>>> HxH
Thanks for opening my eyes :)
Sora is a better character than Gon.
Jan 2, 2015 5:41 PM

Apr 2014
ichii_1 said:
Mikasa said:

NGNL >>>>>>>> HxH
Yes he is.
Jan 2, 2015 5:45 PM

Mar 2014
NO madhouse is one of the best!
Jan 2, 2015 5:49 PM

Mar 2012
ichii_1 said:
Mikasa said:

NGNL >>>>>>>> HxH

No character having a name as gay as Sora can be good.
End Zionazism
Jan 2, 2015 6:08 PM

Jun 2007
Madhouse gets to adapt a lot of popular stuff and does a good job at it, so it's only normal for it to get attention.
Jan 2, 2015 6:10 PM

Dec 2014
Madhouse is love, Madhouse is life.
Jan 2, 2015 6:12 PM
Sep 2014
Sora is shit, as well as all the other characters in this anime
Jan 2, 2015 6:13 PM

Dec 2013
Milky_way1886 said:
What the fuck you saying m8?

Title: Is Madhouse overrated?
Yes, only in this forum, now go check Reddit, 4chan, Facebook and other bigger community and see how they think about Madhouse
And Madhouse should be splitted into old Madhouse and New Madhouse, (before bankrupted and after bankrupted)

Shibuza said:
Madhouse gets to adapt a lot of popular stuff and does a good job at it, so it's only normal for it to get attention.

go to some Nippon forum/ board chat and see how they rage about Mahouka adaptation
Jan 2, 2015 6:16 PM

Dec 2012
Lot of love, Madhouse
Jan 2, 2015 6:17 PM

Mar 2012
Shibuza said:

Toei adopts the most popular mangas ever, still complete shit.
End Zionazism
Jan 2, 2015 6:21 PM
Apr 2008
Agafin said:
Personally, I really like the studio and it seems like it's the most loved studio in the west. I mean, here on mal, whenever it's announced that a manga will be adapted into an anime, at least half of the replies are about people hoping for Madhouse to be the studio in charge of that. It also had an overwhelming victory in the best studio poll. Madhouse has also made very popular anime series or movies in the west like Death Note, Ngnl, Redline, Wolf Children etc and some semi popular but highly rated shows like Monster, HxH 2011, Hajime no Ippo and this season's Parasyte etc.

Japan doesn't seem to share this sentiment since in most japanese polls it's not highly ranked and it's best selling titles (Death Note and Cardcaptor Sakura) don't really have very impressive sales compared to other studios. There are also many westeners who believe that it is wanked but in fact produces just one good sghow in a stream of average to atrocious ones.

Personally, I feel like Madhouse really deserves all it's love, since from what I've heard and seen, they almost always adapt their shows well, have produced some of my favourites, produce a wide variety of shows thereby giving their chances to less popular titles to get anime adaptations instead of milking already popular frachises and whenever they produce bad shows, it's generally due to source material itself being bad.

So, what do you think? Is Madhouse overrated in the west or does it deserve it's love? Why is it less popular in Japan? Has it ever screwed up a show where viewers had high expectations (like Pierrot did to TG)?

Edit: I hope that this thread isn't against the rules. I know that OR/UR threads are forbidden when it comes to series but I don't think the mods have forbidden them otherwise.
It's not as popular in Japan, because Madhouse doesn't pander to the basement dwelling otaku demographic unlike most other studios. However, this trend has changed recently with No game no life, Mahouka and Hanayamata being produced by Madhouse.
Jan 2, 2015 6:21 PM

Jan 2013
The fact that most Madhouse fans say animes will tell you the answer to this question.
Jan 2, 2015 6:22 PM

Jun 2007
Mikasa said:
Shibuza said:

Read my post again. Madhouse does a good job at it. I can't say the same thing for Toei.
Jan 2, 2015 6:23 PM

Jan 2013
Mikasa said:
Shibuza said:

Stop saying animes and mangas if you want anyone to take you seriously.

Filthy casuals making threads like this are the reason nobody gives any credit to Wit Studio or PA Works on this website.
Jan 2, 2015 6:25 PM

Feb 2013
Does it even matter that much???

Though I have come across some crappy stuff by Madhouse,they've also adapted some Crappy stuff that were more or less doomed from the start

But at the end of it all they're a pretty good studio
Jan 2, 2015 6:26 PM

Jan 2013
FWIW madhouse isnt over rated.

Until a year or two ago they were rock solid, and if anything its become hip to bash on them.
Jan 2, 2015 6:27 PM

Mar 2012
SolviteWoTaberu said:
Mikasa said:

Filthy casuals making threads like this are the reason nobody gives any credit to Wit Studio or PA Works on this website.

Oh I'm sorry. I speak English, not Weaboo.

That's how you pluralize. That's how you differentiate.
End Zionazism

Jul 2013
they are the best at adapting manga that's enough to be the best overall to me

Jan 2013
Mikasa said:
SolviteWoTaberu said:

I don't even know how to respond to this.
Jan 2, 2015 6:28 PM

Jun 2007
moonnya said:

go to some Nippon forum/ board chat and see how they rage about Mahouka adaptation
Madhouse is by no means perfect. But they have good adaptions generally speaking.
Jan 2, 2015 6:28 PM
Sep 2014
Mikasa said:
SolviteWoTaberu said:

lol
Jan 2, 2015 6:29 PM

Jul 2012
Jan 2, 2015 6:30 PM

Jan 2013
Shibuza said:
moonnya said:

Madhouse is by no means perfect. But they have good adaptions generally speaking.

In their defense, the mahouka anime was shit because Mahouka is shit.
Jan 2, 2015 6:31 PM

Jan 2013
It seriously never fails to make me laugh how morons on myanimelist convince themselves that the entire population of japan is a giant hivemind of otaku who have the exact same tastes and opinions on things.

"Japan" doesnt have one singular opinion about madhouse.

There are different people who feel different ways about it, just like on MAL.
Jan 2, 2015 6:33 PM
Apr 2008
SolviteWoTaberu said:
Shibuza said:

Because it was an awful light novel adaptation. A turd is still a turd even it's wrapped in beautiful wrapping paper.
Jan 2, 2015 6:33 PM

Mar 2012
SolviteWoTaberu said:
Mikasa said:

I don't even know how to respond to this.

There's nothing to add. You say it that way and I say it my way.
End Zionazism
Jan 2, 2015 6:35 PM

Jan 2013
Aeonic said:
SolviteWoTaberu said:

Because it was an awful light novel adaptation. A turd is still a turd even it's wrapped in beautiful wrapping paper.

Are you really going to ignorant enough as to say that all light novels are inherently bad?

For fucks sake Baccano is a light novel.
Jan 2, 2015 6:37 PM
Apr 2008
SolviteWoTaberu said:
Aeonic said:

Are you really going to ignorant enough as to say that all light novels are inherently bad?

That's one example out of hundreds of light novel adaptations. So one out of maybe 200? Selective reasoning once again, but imbecile that severely lacking an iota of intelligence.

Sep 2012
It's funny because I just noticed they made my favorite anime (Kaiji) and my least favorite anime (Photokano).

Jan 2013
Aeonic said:
SolviteWoTaberu said:

That's one example out of hundreds of light novel adaptations. So one out of maybe 200? Selective reasoning once again, but imbecile that severely lacking an iota of intelligence.

Find me hundreds of light novel adapations.

Find me 10 light novel adapations with good sales from the last 3 years.

Your biggest issue is you seem to think all light novels are otaku pandering harem shit.

Light novels feature every genre.

Harem novels just become harem anime which vaginas on mal cry about.
Jan 2, 2015 6:38 PM

Apr 2014
I think they're properly rated. Lately, they have been on fucking point while other studios like KyoAni and Shaft haven't lived up to their usual standards. And I also love their modern takes on older manga.

Jan 2, 2015 6:39 PM

Jan 2013
Tenkousei said:
I think they're properly rated. Lately, they have been on fucking point while other studios like KyoAni and Shaft haven't lived up to their usual standards. And I also love their modern takes on older manga.

Mahou Sensou was on point?

Mahouka was on point?

Hanamonogatari wasnt on point?
Jan 2, 2015 6:39 PM

Aug 2013
SolviteWoTaberu said:
Shibuza said:

No it isn't. You are just too simple minded to understand the magic system and you dislike Tatsuya because you hate characters that aren't loud, talkative and annoying.
Jan 2, 2015 6:40 PM

May 2012
They have adapted some great shit. They do anime no other studio would have the balls to touch. So no, I think they are fucking great. Top tier studio.
Jan 2, 2015 6:41 PM

Jan 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
SolviteWoTaberu said:

No it isn't. You are just too simple minded to understand the magic system and you dislike Tatsuya because you hate characters that aren't loud, talkative and annoying.

Lol such projection

PoeticJustice said:
They have adapted some great shit. They do anime no other studio would have the balls to touch. So no, I think they are fucking great. Top tier studio.

Other studios wouldnt want to adapt No Game No Life?

Lets be real here guys.

You like madhouse because they animated grimdark manga 10 years ago.
Jan 2, 2015 6:44 PM

May 2012
SolviteWoTaberu said:

Lets be real here guys.

Nigga what the fuck are you talking about? I am not even a parasyte fanatic so don't give me that shit. Grimdark lol are you 12 or something?

I like them because they adapted Kaiji, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Texhnolyze, The Tatami Galaxy, Gungrave among a litany of other things they have done.

And I don't give a fuck if they did No Game No Life. With their track record, they can afford some missteps.
Jan 2, 2015 6:45 PM

Jun 2014
Guys just look at this thread if you need evidence of Madhouse's greatness. In a thread where somebody asks "Is ____ good? I think so." You'd normally have people trash talking the thing just to troll or be contrary. Madhouse is so good that the majority of the people posting on this thread have foregone this and went on to praise it as they should.

This makes me smile. :)
Jan 2, 2015 6:46 PM

Jan 2013
PoeticJustice said:
SolviteWoTaberu said:

Lets be real here guys.

Nigga what the fuck are you talking about? I am not even a parasyte fanatic so don't give me that shit. Grimdark lol are you 12 or something?

I like them because they adapted Kaiji, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Texhnolyze, The Tatami Galaxy, Gungrave among a litany of other things they have done.

And I don't give a fuck if they did No Game No Life. With their track record, they can afford some missteps.

Kaiji is grimdark
Madhouse didnt make LOTGH
Texholyze is the most grimdark anime ever made.

I'll give you the other two.
Jan 2, 2015 6:47 PM
Apr 2008
PoeticJustice said:
SolviteWoTaberu said:

Lets be real here guys.

No anime studio has produced titles spanning across several genres the way Madhouse has. There's also Monster, Trigun, and Redline just to name a few more titles.

Mar 2012
Syndiciate said:
Guys just look at this thread if you need evidence of Madhouse's greatness. In a thread where somebody asks "Is ____ good? I think so." You'd normally have people trash talking the thing just to troll or be contrary. Madhouse is so good that the majority of the people posting on this thread have foregone this and went on to praise it as they should.

This makes me smile. :)

Does BONES or Ufotable get the same thing? Despite having well received animes?

I don't think there is any studio as well respected as MH, Is there?
End Zionazism

Aug 2013
SolviteWoTaberu said:

Lol such projection
Fact not projection.
Jan 2, 2015 6:48 PM
Sep 2014
PoeticJustice said:
SolviteWoTaberu said:

Lets be real here guys.

This. I love madhouse because of Texhnolyze, Tatami, Hajime no Ippo, Hellsing Ultimate and some others, NGNL is shit and i fkin don't care
Jan 2, 2015 6:48 PM

Mar 2013
It doesn't matter, everything is grimdark if you watch it with really dark sunglasses that have blood on them. .
Pages (18) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Who here has a more Unconventional first ever anime?

TheBlockernator - 3 hours ago

13 by RyuzenIchinose »»
10 minutes ago

» 6+ Rating or Higher Anime that you don't remember

JaaShooUhh - 31 minutes ago

2 by Daviljoe193 »»
14 minutes ago

» Who are your favorite canon couples? (Beware of spoilers)

Shizuna - Mar 30

37 by TRC_Randy »»
25 minutes ago

» Why do you think about Orihime from Bleach?

isolated-otaku - 7 hours ago

21 by ghostsamurai »»
28 minutes ago

» Recommendations of Disappointment ( 1 2 )

JaaShooUhh - Jun 12

56 by tinshard »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.