Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 14, 2014 8:10 AM

May 2012
The story keeps dragging on <_< You don't have to repeat that the results will determine the fate of the world X numbers of times in the past 5 episodes... We understand the seriousness of it already, just move on with the story and tell us the results
Jun 14, 2014 8:47 AM

Jun 2014
Wow that Kagura fight was lackluster when compared to the manga....

Jun 14, 2014 9:05 AM

May 2013
The first part of the episode was kinda sad :(

Kagura's Archenemy katana is epic. I want it.
Jun 14, 2014 9:35 AM

Jul 2013
AHHH jeez the new fairy tail is sooo goddamn slow.

& these fights are so short.

thank you Minerva for making things more interesting.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Jun 14, 2014 10:27 AM

Jul 2007
Hrafi said:
Liked the previous one with the concentration on the fights (1 fight/1 episode + some bridges+fillers after a fashion) way better.

Blame the manga for that. All fights in this case are happening at the same time and will come to conclusions at around the same time.

Also getting rid of the magic circles and names of the moves was a huge error.

There are no magic circles for fights in the manga, so it only makes sense to get rid of that silly addition.
The name calling only happens VERRRY rarely.

Guess all the animation has to go to the Lucy+Natsu scences, which also seemed to be better before with the indirect tension between the two of them.

They were never supposed to be indirect. Blame the previous anime for toning down the tension.

Since this so far portrays that accurately, expect far more of pairing stuff. Mashima loves his romantic pairings.
Jun 14, 2014 10:42 AM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
Hrafi said:
Liked the previous one with the concentration on the fights (1 fight/1 episode + some bridges+fillers after a fashion) way better.

Blame the manga for that. All fights in this case are happening at the same time and will come to conclusions at around the same time.

There are no magic circles for fights in the manga, so it only makes sense to get rid of that silly addition.

Guess all the animation has to go to the Lucy+Natsu scences, which also seemed to be better before with the indirect tension between the two of them.

They were never supposed to be indirect. Blame the previous anime for toning down the tension.

Since this so far portrays that accurately, expect far more of pairing stuff. Mashima loves his romantic pairings.

Tis always such a joy to see you at work~
Jun 14, 2014 11:05 AM
Aug 2008
Lol yeah I don't get how people are still complaining about the slow pacing. I mean the pacing for the garou knights was bad. But like a few people said, for the past few episodes it's been 2 chapters per episode, which was also the usual pacing in the first series.
Jun 14, 2014 11:39 AM

Jun 2014
ashlelouch said:
AHHH jeez the new fairy tail is sooo goddamn slow.

& these fights are so short.

thank you Minerva for making things more interesting.

If you think this pacing is slow, just wait till they try to pace the
due to dem
Jun 14, 2014 12:24 PM
Jun 2014
Fai said:
Hrafi said:

1.) books (mangas) ) and film (anime) are two different mediums. The medium film has to be handled differently and is - in most cases. Case in point: In the very same episode they didnt follow the manga exactly. And for _me_ the previous style/adaption was superior.

2.) Silly is in the eye of the beholder. And that they dont entirely follow the manga, we got that already. Didnt we?!

3.) And see 2. . They might be closer to the manga, but the previous vision/artstyle of the anime showed how the anime can be fun and engaging and not an average stupid (sic!) shounen anime.
Jun 14, 2014 12:36 PM

Apr 2008
Hrafi said:
Fai said:

1.) books (mangas) ) and film (anime) are two different mediums. The medium film has to be handled differently and is - in most cases. Case in point: In the very same episode they didnt follow the manga exactly. And for _me_ the previous style/adaption was superior.

2.) Silly is in the eye of the beholder. And that they dont entirely follow the manga, we got that already. Didnt we?!

3.) And see 2. . They might be closer to the manga, but the previous vision/artstyle of the anime showed how the anime can be fun and engaging and not an average stupid (sic!) shounen anime.

All of this applies to you and whoever agrees with you. For example I disagree with every point.
Jun 14, 2014 1:15 PM

Jan 2013
Such a troll series with the blood etc.

Why is Erza sacrificing herself in a competition where no one can die lol.

I completely confused and disappointed.
Jun 14, 2014 2:07 PM
Nov 2008
- Lucy, wtf did happen in the future?
- o_o
- really, Lucy, wtf did happen in the future?
- zomg, zomg...
- f**k, Lucy, tell us already!
- oh damn we're all doomed!!!
- Lucy... Ok, f**k it, at least tell us how did you get here?
- WE'RE DOOMED, 10,000 OF F**KING DRAGONS WILL BURN US ALL!!!!!!
- Wait, I asked... Okay, never mind.
永遠の少年
Jun 14, 2014 3:39 PM

Feb 2014
How cute was Juvia in that episode, you just can't not love her!
I still skeptical about the future Lucy and if she's actually telling the truth but i don't know how long it will be until it's revealed.
There is so much going on it's hard to keep up just now. Gajeel and Rogue are fighting, Jura and Laxus and that other guy are fighting and Gray, Juvia, Cheria and Lyon are going to have a battle. And i nearly forgot Minerva and Erza
"Even if we lose by 100 points, there's still a chance a meteor will strike the other team's bench in the last second"

- Kuroko Tetsuya
Jun 14, 2014 4:37 PM

Mar 2012
The scene where Kagura supposedly got cut by Erza was horrible because there was no blood, WTF I thought this season would have blood! SHIT.
Jun 14, 2014 6:14 PM

Apr 2008
bigzzcobzz said:
The scene where Kagura supposedly got cut by Erza was horrible because there was no blood, WTF I thought this season would have blood! SHIT.

Uhhh there was blood though....
Jun 14, 2014 6:28 PM

Oct 2012
Juvia is awesome all ready skiping to the honeymoon
Jun 14, 2014 7:19 PM

Jun 2014
bigzzcobzz said:

Well technically we did get blood(Milliana) though her wounds on her back supposedly oozing with blood were meh
Jun 14, 2014 10:42 PM

Aug 2012
bigzzcobzz said:
There was blood on the sword when Minerva stabbed Kagura
Jun 15, 2014 2:31 AM

May 2014
Erza is a hero since she was a child. She is right, she can't afford to die since so many people sacrificed themselves so that she can live. Erza is the best! And there is Minerva... . Erza vs Minerva will be amazing!

I'm also looking forward to Rogue vs Gajeel and the old dispute between Gray and Lyon. :D

FT really have a problem with the blood. There is blood on Minerva's sword but on Kagura isn't. There is blood on Erza's hand but Millianna is clean (excepting some scratches). Just change FT from PG-13 to R and do it right!
Jun 15, 2014 2:51 AM
Nov 2013
'Wow I'm so pissed off, I'll unsheathe the sword I didn't use for years, and has all this magic build up in it' -- and then a wounded Erza just parried it and finishes Kagura in about half a minute... I'm not feeling this one...
Jun 15, 2014 2:52 AM

Apr 2008
Wuryll said:
'Wow I'm so pissed off, I'll unsheathe the sword I didn't use for years, and has all this magic build up in it' -- and then a wounded Erza just parried it and finishes Kagura in about half a minute... I'm not feeling this one...

They cut out a lot of the manga chapter. Kagura slashed through several of Erza's armors before that finishing blow
Jun 15, 2014 3:28 AM
Nov 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Wuryll said:

They cut out a lot of the manga chapter. Kagura slashed through several of Erza's armors before that finishing blow

So, the Executioners, a small portion of the manga if I understood correctly. get's dragged out, and a battle like this is just shortened... Hmm time to switch to the manga
Jun 15, 2014 3:50 AM

Feb 2013
Wuryll said:

Well, you should start feeling it, 'cuz it's been like this since the start of the series
Jun 15, 2014 4:29 AM

Jul 2013
10000 dragons might be a bit troublesome :P
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jun 15, 2014 5:01 AM

Dec 2013
yummy chocolate:

yay for Orga vs Laxus and Gajeel vs Rogue
AizixJun 15, 2014 5:13 AM
Jun 15, 2014 11:37 AM

Jun 2012
"I was bored waiting for you, so I amused myself by hurting her"
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OBVIOUS BAD GUYS ARE SO OBVIOUS XD This is so fucking retarded.

"Oh no, I have been stabbed from behind! This is obviously no joke although I'm propably gonna survive from this since this series is so fucking childish and wannabe dark."
Also. Shoe-in flashbacks were so forced. OMG. What the fuck is this bullshit?! I didn't know writers could add bullshit as much as they wanted to make a cohesive story. Welp. I was wrong. BUAHAHAHA.
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Jun 15, 2014 11:59 AM
Oct 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Wuryll said:

No, they didn't. It happened like that in manga too. Slashing through Erza's armors happened before Kagura unsheathed her sword (so last episode).
Jun 15, 2014 12:01 PM

Apr 2008
miskos3 said:
Darklight0303 said:

No, they didn't. It happened like that in manga too. Slashing through Erza's armors happened before Kagura unsheathed her sword (so last episode).

I was talking about the battle as a whole not just this ep
Jun 15, 2014 1:44 PM

Apr 2009
After all that build up that was the most anticlimactic fight ever.

At least the others are starting to heat up.
Jun 15, 2014 2:42 PM
Apr 2012
Great episode. Satisfying finale to the Erza vs Kagura fight, Kagura unsheathing her sword was better in the manga. As was Erza's reaction to seeing what Minerva did to Milliana, one of the most important rules: you do not piss off Erza! The 10,000 dragons future is terrifying.

Also the subs (or voice acting) is wrong when Hisui is referring to the person from the future. I will not spoil it but when a certain something happens it will leave people confused, was not this way in the manga.
Jun 15, 2014 6:28 PM

Oct 2012
Awesome episode, lots of action with lots of unexpected events.... cant wait for the next episode :D

Jun 15, 2014 6:39 PM

Jan 2008
Just gotta love those "SLASH SO FAST YOU CAN'T SEE IT!" scenes. Disappointing fight and episode, really disappointed at it, even with Ezra somehow being able to defend no problem with Kagura unsheathing her sword. It's like taking it out made her weaker.

Well, that's basically the only fight I was looking forward to based on the OP. Let's hope something worthwhile happens next episode.
Jun 15, 2014 7:59 PM

Feb 2014
Paul said:
Just gotta love those "SLASH SO FAST YOU CAN'T SEE IT!" scenes. Disappointing fight and episode, really disappointed at it, even with Ezra somehow being able to defend no problem with Kagura unsheathing her sword. It's like taking it out made her weaker.

Well, that's basically the only fight I was looking forward to based on the OP. Let's hope something worthwhile happens next episode.

Well it can be argued that her angry makes her lost her concentration though as in unsheathed form she looks composed. But yes, i agree this fight so lame, apparently Kagura lost because of herself.
Jun 15, 2014 8:57 PM

Apr 2009
Man the way they animate this shit makes me wish for the old team back. The way its animated now is just terrible.
DreddJun 15, 2014 9:00 PM
Jun 16, 2014 2:29 AM
Oct 2013
Darklight0303 said:
miskos3 said:

I was talking about the battle as a whole not just this ep
They really didn't leave anything out though...
Jun 16, 2014 9:41 AM

Jun 2012
Dragons!
Jun 16, 2014 9:45 AM

Mar 2014
Kagura's unsheathed sword was a bit of an anti climax...
Gui-GuiJun 16, 2014 10:06 AM
Jun 16, 2014 1:10 PM

Jan 2011
Calling every move was a bit stupid, but the magic circles where nice, especially for big attacks. Like, normal attack = no circle. Circle appears = shit is going down. Several circles, maybe even on top of each other = fight is over - unless the enemy counters accordingly, but should be rare.

Using your ultimate killing technique, and it looks weaker then your regular attacks because it's over faster is stupid. Circles and name calling prevented that.

I also wonder why Erza is even trying to use armor at this point. When did she last finish a fight by chosing the right armor? I can't remember even once past the time skip. One can argue that in some fights she used armor as long as it was advantageous, allowing her to take more hits etc, but that is debatable, and equipping the ordinary robes proves that it was not sufficient to beat the enemy at hand.

Jun 16, 2014 2:52 PM

Apr 2008
NwAurion said:
Calling every move was a bit stupid, but the magic circles where nice, especially for big attacks. Like, normal attack = no circle. Circle appears = shit is going down. Several circles, maybe even on top of each other = fight is over - unless the enemy counters accordingly, but should be rare.

Using your ultimate killing technique, and it looks weaker then your regular attacks because it's over faster is stupid. Circles and name calling prevented that.

I also wonder why Erza is even trying to use armor at this point. When did she last finish a fight by chosing the right armor? I can't remember even once past the time skip. One can argue that in some fights she used armor as long as it was advantageous, allowing her to take more hits etc, but that is debatable, and equipping the ordinary robes proves that it was not sufficient to beat the enemy at hand.

Yes you do forget some fights. Namely the pandemonium one where she went through several armors
Jun 16, 2014 5:43 PM

Jan 2013
Wow that was surely unexpected,i hope Kagura is still alive!
So Erza saved Kagura when they were younger and saved her again and her heart melted :D But that bit** Minerva stabbed her with a sword...please don't die!
Can't wait to see Erza defeating that bit**,she also injured Millianna :(
Can't wait to see all epic battles! :D Laxus and that other guy are very strong,their power is equeal (but Laxus have the power of feelings,so he will win xD),and now Jura will fight with them too,Gray vs Lyon & Gajeel vs that guy xD Next episodes will be impressive,as always :)
I feel so bad when i watch Lucy from the future crying :(
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 16, 2014 9:46 PM
Apr 2014
Okay so more of Minerva proving that she indeed has 0 redeeming qualities. Pardon my french, but that bitch needs to die.

p.s. Yay Juvia and Gray working together!
Jun 18, 2014 2:00 PM

Jan 2014
Is that BLOOD I see?! O.o
Jun 18, 2014 10:34 PM

Aug 2012
My first impressions on this episode:

Daaaammmnnn, Erza could match the power of Kagura's unsheathed blade...

GODDAMMIT MINERVA, YOU ALWAYS BUTT IN AT THE WORSE POSSIBLE MOMENTS.

Blood? BLOOD? IS THAT BLOOD I SEE?

*Erza's Expression turns into that of a demon* She's about to throw down... GIVE THAT WENCH WHAT SHE DESERVES!

Rogue, no matter what, you should never, ever, EVER tell Gajeel that Natsu is stronger than him. You pissed him off.

Another 3 way battle, but this time between Laxus, Ogra and Jura? HELL YES!

Wait, ten thousand dragons are coming? Well... they're screwed.

Can't wait for the next episode. I'm really hoping for the Minerva VS Erza fight to end, cause it's been killing me to see what's gonna happen.
Jun 20, 2014 9:42 PM
Mar 2014
I thought that Kagura was stronger, but Erza defeated her easily, i just hope the next eps provide better action and less talk
Jun 21, 2014 3:59 PM

Dec 2013
I'm quite interested about that story of Lucy from the future. I don't know, the eclipse portal and all that stuff were quite enigmatic.
"Me ni wa me wo, ha ni wa ha wo, aku ni wa aku wo."
Jul 5, 2014 8:15 AM

Dec 2011
Ohoo, Erza managed to block Kagura's draw attack.

Aww, Erza saved Kagura :3

It looks like Erza is also from the same village as Kagura and her big brother Simon.

Wow... blood... am I still watching Fairy Tail here?

What's up with all of the blood? Are they like trying to compensate for the so many moments where blood was due but it never came lol?

Crap... Erza's pissed off level is off the charts!

Gajeel vs Rogue and Laxus vs Orga vs Jura! damn...

Juvia... Cheria... wtf... c'mon...

Hahahaha, they're so funny XD.

So Gray x Juvia vs Lyon x Cheria!

Ok... where did that big swarm of dragons come from then lol?
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 21, 2014 11:21 PM

Jul 2014
We got a glimpse of Erza childhood before she captured to the tower of heaven and how she's connected with Kagura and I got tearing up a bit by the twist of fate between them then suddenly Minerva just come and piercing the scene literally. WTF. And she just there to stole the point. What a twisted bitch.

Lol at Gajeel expression when Rogue told him that he is not as strong as Natsu. All of the things to piss him off, he just said the top of it all.

Hahah. I can't get tired of Juvia and her imagination.

So, the dragon is finally coming closer.

Surprisingly, I don't have any problems at all with this episode animation and BGM.
Guess it's already grow on me.
Google first, ask later
Jul 25, 2014 3:05 PM

Mar 2012
Things are getting really really intense I can't wait to watch the next episode!

I loved the banter between Chelia and Juvia and the cute Gruvia moment right after =3=
Jul 25, 2014 6:04 PM

May 2014
good with the fan service as always,
Sep 5, 2014 6:02 AM

Jun 2011
gaajeeeell
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 80 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2015

82 by 449hill »»
May 31, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 102 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

177 by wildhood »»
May 19, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

100 by wildhood »»
May 2, 7:58 PM

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.