Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 12, 2014 11:49 AM

Jul 2013
Naruto spreading his chakra around like some joint was pretty cool but I wasn't expecting Orochimaru to revive the previous Hokages like that. That was pretty awesome :D

One thing I don't understand is for Orochimaru to cut open the Death God's belly to release the souls he said he had to sacrifice himself. Did he use one of the Tetsu or something as a replacement? It seemed like he went into snake form and revoked the toll.
Jun 12, 2014 11:50 AM
Mar 2013
So... Juubi is let loose, Madara and Obito are pissed, everyone has Kyuubi's chakra, and guess what? THE FUCKING HOKAGE ARE BACK!
I lost my shit when I saw that. Seriously, I had no idea that all four Hokage would be coming back! Although I do wonder what happened to the Five Kage... did Tsunade manage to revive them?

The only thing that sucks is that now I have to wait a whole week for the next episode :/
Jun 12, 2014 12:13 PM
Mar 2013
i think Kurama is proud of Naruto and seeing all fourth hokages made me wonder, does Naruto meet Minato?
Jun 12, 2014 12:15 PM

Jul 2011
That one was great. When Sasuke's theme came up I got fking excited. Seems like we are going to learn a lot of stuff soon, next ep looks good as well. The only thing I worry about is Orochimaru, I hope Sasuke kills him later, I dont like this guy :/ XD
Awesome ep ^^
Jun 12, 2014 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
I knew that fucking Orochimaru wouldn't let me down
Jun 12, 2014 12:29 PM
Oct 2011
Orochimarus is the best character in Naruto D:
Jun 12, 2014 12:41 PM

Oct 2013
Awwww i can't wait for the next one!

Jun 12, 2014 12:58 PM

Oct 2011
Hokage's revival OMG !!!!! Awesome !!
Jun 12, 2014 1:22 PM

Jul 2007
So this is the shit i been waiting for, now that is how you do an episode. Great quality animation, nice use of musical tracks and consistent pacing. This is what the previous episode should of been like.

The way they handled the naruto giving the chakra cloaks to all of the shinobi was just awesome. It didn't look that cool in the manga. Naruto walking around like a boss, fcking awesome.

The moment with sasuke looking out above the village was done pretty nicely, but the manga was just a tad bit better. Kishimoto drew that scene with such detail.

This episode definitely raised alot of questions for me when i first read it in the manga. Mostly on sasuke's side of the story most notably the revival of the hokage's.

What sort of interactions are going to take place now that they have been revived in the present era? It is obvious the story has revolved around around these characters knowing each other from the past. well at last that barrier has been broken. Now obito can see his teacher minato, Naruto can see his father minato, Kakashi can see his former teacher as well. Madara and the hashirama can at least meet in the present era, you can only guess what kind of situation that will lead to. Hiruzen can visit her granddaughter again. There is just so many different scenario's that can take place at this point in time. It is quite interesting to see how each of these scenario's will play out. This to me was an exciting moment forthcoming and especially Hashirama and Madara's, inevitable encounter.

Kazi9 said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

Yeah I do but it has very little to do with what Pain did. Naruto and Sasuke did exactly the same thing when they arrived in Konoha after a long time, they stand on a pillar and take a look around. Yet one came to protect it while the other wants to destroy the village. Naruto came during the day and Sasuke at night (this is a foreshadowing for later events). Naruto comments that Konoha hasn't changed one bit, later Sakura tells him that he didn't change one bit. Sasuke notices that the village changed quite a lot, he himself changed quite a lot. And it looks like he trying to get answers about the past, you could argue that he is rebuilding himself just like Konoha had to after Pain invasion. That scene presents light and darkness, hate and love, Naruto and Sasuke.

WTF!
Sasuke said the village changed cuz it was being rebuilt. Stop making things mysterious.

No thats actually nice symbolism there for him to catch that. Its evident that kishimoto thinks of both naruto and sasuke and being on apposite sides of the spectrum, yin and yang and this is kind of showing both of there different sentimentality of what has changed not only with in the village but them as a character as well.

Any ways great episode, great revelation and now the upcoming episodes will focus on lots of insightful information that just pushes the story forward, i can't wait :D
ArtimesGamerJun 12, 2014 1:43 PM

Jun 12, 2014 1:36 PM

Jul 2007

judals said:

And I fear Sasuke might turn good anyway after that Itachi speech.

I am sure some one can definitely explain this situation behind sasuke's goals and how he has changed. Some people agree with this well others do not.

It took me some time but i was totally on the fence bout everything, but eventually I actually agree with the direction kishi chose to take for the character sasuske. But i can't really dive deep into it because it would be spoiling certain things.

judals said:
So basically anyone and everyone can be revived. And everyone except Jiraya have officially been revived.
This arc has reached a new level of shit.

Let me guess, more flashbacks derailment by the kage and how very similar they are to Naru x Sasuke.

This has been a prevailing occurring theme through out the entire story since the invasion of Konoho. Now yu might argue the fact that iti could of been executed more differently. Instead of bringing back so many characters clumped together at the final arc, in order to revive some plot details that kishi may of not planned efficiently. I get what your saying, i really do but thats really neither here nore there, the story is what it is and this is the direction he chose to take, rather if there is some things he did not planned right from the start and in order to rectify that situation, he had to bring back the hokage's. Fine. I understand the argument, but at least things are being resolved and the story is coming to a more conclusive ending.

This is something that i just don't see the point in trying to debate anymore.
ArtimesGamerJun 12, 2014 1:41 PM

Jun 12, 2014 1:47 PM

Jun 2014
RainyBlackblood said:
...and guess what? THE FUCKING HOKAGE ARE BACK!
I lost my shit when I saw that.

I was more like "meh" and "seriously? >.> again?"
Im only looking forward to:
SpiritGT said:

Also, it seems like no one has mentioned: there 6 white Zetsu... 4 Hokage + Orochimaru = 5... Could Orochimaru be saving another ace up his sleeve? or is the last Zetsu just nothing?
Jun 12, 2014 1:58 PM

Dec 2012
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

Also, it seems like no one has mentioned: there 6 white Zetsu... 4 Hokage + Orochimaru = 5... Could Orochimaru be saving another ace up his sleeve? or is the last Zetsu just nothing?

The last Zetsu was absorbed by Jugo, in order to become an adult again (he became a child because he gave his power to Sasuke earlier)
Jun 12, 2014 1:59 PM

Sep 2009
link9us said:
Kazi9 said:

WTF!
Sasuke said the village changed cuz it was being rebuilt. Stop making things mysterious.

No thats actually nice symbolism there for him to catch that. Its evident that kishimoto thinks of both naruto and sasuke and being on apposite sides of the spectrum, yin and yang and this is kind of showing both of there different sentimentality of what has changed not only with in the village but them as a character as well.

Any ways great episode, great revelation and now the upcoming episodes will focus on lots of insightful information that just pushes the story forward, i can't wait :D
Yea he should just appreciate the symbolism and effort Kishi put into. People need to be more imaginative once in awhile.

The manga is total crap now so i'm glad i still have something to look forward to as concerning naruto.

Mod Edit: Please spoiler long quote towers and or delete nonessential posts
TyrelJun 12, 2014 3:39 PM
Jun 12, 2014 3:21 PM

May 2013
Awesome episode.
Jun 12, 2014 4:03 PM
Jun 2014
This was an awesome episode but I can't get over the feeling that loopholes are being made up as they go along. The Edo Tensei had three caveats in order to revive someone: You must have a sacrifice, you need the DNA of the person, and the person's soul can't be sealed. Orochimaru just bypassed two of the requirements.

Why is there a mask just hanging around the Leaf village that allows you to control the Shinigami!? So you can release the souls in the shinigami's belly at anytime with the consequence being you have to disembowl yourself. (which Orochimaru gets around because he's Orochimaru) Also I didn't realize that Orochimaru still couldn't use jutsu without the soul of his arms.

The other thing that bothered me is that everyone can use the Nine Tail's chakra without being overwhelmed or corrupted only because Naruto is so good at controlling it that he can allow other people to control it, but whatever.

Was there any reason why the ritual was performed in the Uchiha shrine or did they just go there for privacy?

tl;dr Lots of handwaving going on.
Jun 12, 2014 4:19 PM

Feb 2012
Oh man he revived them nouuuuuuuuuuu.
Jun 12, 2014 4:23 PM

Dec 2012
edwahgezhuck said:
The Edo Tensei had three caveats in order to revive someone: You must have a sacrifice, you need the DNA of the person, and the person's soul can't be sealed. Orochimaru just bypassed two of the requirements.

What was bypassed here? Orochimaru had the DNA of the four Hokages.

edwahgezhuck said:
Why is there a mask just hanging around the Leaf village that allows you to control the Shinigami!? So you can release the souls in the shinigami's belly at anytime with the consequence being you have to disembowl yourself. (which Orochimaru gets around because he's Orochimaru) Also I didn't realize that Orochimaru still couldn't use jutsu without the soul of his arms.

You have to stare at that Uchiha scroll in the Naka Shrine. In order to enter it in the first place, you have to perform some seals, and have a Sharingan, which is how Sasuke remove the stone that lays atop the entrance way. So Orochimaru couldn't access the scrolls because he didn't have a Sharingnan and didn't knew the seals in order to break down the barrier and the sealing. This is also what Orochimaru probably meant by saying there was another way he get his arm fixed, back in the Tsunade arc, or at least it was on his and Kabuto theories regarding the secrets of that shrine.

Yeah of course, otherwise why would Orochimaru be so desperate to heal his arms.

edwahgezhuck said:
The other thing that bothered me is that everyone can use the Nine Tail's chakra without being overwhelmed or corrupted only because Naruto is so good at controlling it that he can allow other people to control it, but whatever.

I think this has more to do with the current mental state of the Kyuubi.

edwahgezhuck said:
Was there any reason why the ritual was performed in the Uchiha shrine or did they just go there for privacy?

Answered above.
Jun 12, 2014 4:30 PM

Dec 2012
I've waited so long for the last scene.
Jun 12, 2014 4:31 PM

Jul 2013
Next episode looks amazing

Archadian said:
This has got to be, by far, the biggest asspull of the show.
As if reviving wasn't bad already, now even the Shinigami can just puke back anyone.
How was it an asspull? It was foreshadowed 34 episodes ago when Jugo and Suigetsu found a scroll with a picture of the Shinigami on it. It's your fault if you couldn't make the correlation. And if you think the dead coming back to life is bad then you should have dropped it when Chiyo revived Gaara, or at least when Pain brought back Konoha.

It was an asspull in the manga, but at least in the anime (which I consider a completely different thing from the manga) they made some effort to foreshadow it.

tsudecimo said:
Jaykobe said:
can someone tell me why obito put six white zetsu inside sasuke?

Orochimaru: '' Zetsu that Tobi stuck onto Sasuke to watch him. Should respond''

It's just a convenient plot device.
Exactly. Kishi probably got himself into a corner and was like "Oh shit, I'm trying to redeem Sasuke and Oro, probably not a good idea to have them sacrificing villagers" and decided to pull some Zetsu out of his ass haha
MinagatachiJun 12, 2014 5:02 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2014 5:09 PM

Dec 2012
Minagatachi said:
Exactly. Kishi probably got himself into a corner and was like "Oh shit, I'm trying to redeem Sasuke and Oro, probably not a good idea to have them sacrificing villagers" and decided to pull some Zetsu out of his ass haha

Actually yes lol. I thought that if the Zetsus weren't there, they would probably have to sacrafice innocent villagers, and that would have ruined their current image, so I will take a convenient plot device over that.

They might also go to that tree and prison some zetsus, but that seems unnecessary long.

DarkMorpher said:

link9us said:
Hiruzen can visit her granddaughter again.

O.0

Third hokage had granddaughter o_O

Jun 12, 2014 5:46 PM

Aug 2013
My forum post could merely contain "MIIIIIIIIIIINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATOOOOOOOOOO"

but no

not today.

Looks like Madara and Obito are fucked after that. Kurama's bashing of Kushina and Minato made me irritated.. It's like.. HEY! But then again it does appear that Naruto has matured and has reached and surpassed all standards they set when he was born. I can't wait till the next episode where all of the reanimated hokages meet and intermingle. <3
Jun 12, 2014 6:06 PM

Oct 2008
Cool episode. Obito should just give up on this crazy plan to hypnotize the world and just team up with Orochimaru and revive everybody, and then everybody is happy and the end.
Jun 12, 2014 6:14 PM

Jul 2013
Tonera said:
Kurama's bashing of Kushina and Minato made me irritated.. It's like.. HEY!
Haha, I felt bad as well after hearing him say that. Guess him liking Naruto doesn't change the fact that he hates Minato and Kushina ='(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2014 7:12 PM
Jun 2014
DarkMorpher said:

edwahgezhuck said:
Orochimaru just bypassed two of the requirements

Why is there a mask just hanging around the Leaf village that allows you to control the Shinigami!?

Also I didn't realize that Orochimaru still couldn't use jutsu without the soul of his arms.

everyone can use the Nine Tail's chakra without being overwhelmed or corrupted only because Naruto is so good at controlling it that he can allow other people to control it, but whatever.

1. He didn't bypass, it just wasn't shown in detail like how Kabuto first explained it to Tobi. Recall back all the justu, from the series and movies. They just choose to show things this way.

2. Secrets are always in plain sight because the people who knew them are now dead so no one can guard them because everyone is unaware of their existence.

3. Wasn't it obvious?

4. Recall back to when Kyuubi's power was explained. Unless he transfers his will (in-case, hatred) to whoever tries to use his chakra, you won't go berserk.

1. I didn't mean that he literally bypassed the conditions, he just found a way to revive the un-revivable by undoing the seal on their souls. For the DNA part, they didn't show Orochimaru pulling out bloody rags or pieces of hair or anything to use for DNA so it made it seem like he just did the Edo Tensei without DNA, but I can just assume that he did that off screen so that doesn't bother me.

2. Yeah isn't it kinda messed up that the leaders of the village didn't know that there is such a powerful object just hanging somewhere and not sealed up.

3. Yeah I just kinda forgot what with Orochimaru having full physical control over his hands and still doing his snake thing. Orochimaru never seems to need to use hand signs in order to do his snake related jutsu.

4. Oh, I didn't think about that. Yeah I guess Kyuubi is pretty cool now so that makes sense. I just thought that they tried to explain it when Kyuubi was doing his speech about how Naruto > Minato (complete with accompanying diagrams).

One more thing I am wondering about. The soul of Orochimaru's arms (kinda funny when you think about it) went back into Orochimaru when the seal was released. Half of the Kyuubi was sealed by Minato so it should have been released too right? So what happens to it?
Jun 12, 2014 8:55 PM

Jan 2013
edwahgezhuck said:
DarkMorpher said:

1. He didn't bypass, it just wasn't shown in detail like how Kabuto first explained it to Tobi. Recall back all the justu, from the series and movies. They just choose to show things this way.

2. Secrets are always in plain sight because the people who knew them are now dead so no one can guard them because everyone is unaware of their existence.

3. Wasn't it obvious?

4. Recall back to when Kyuubi's power was explained. Unless he transfers his will (in-case, hatred) to whoever tries to use his chakra, you won't go berserk.

1. I didn't mean that he literally bypassed the conditions, he just found a way to revive the un-revivable by undoing the seal on their souls. For the DNA part, they didn't show Orochimaru pulling out bloody rags or pieces of hair or anything to use for DNA so it made it seem like he just did the Edo Tensei without DNA, but I can just assume that he did that off screen so that doesn't bother me.

2. Yeah isn't it kinda messed up that the leaders of the village didn't know that there is such a powerful object just hanging somewhere and not sealed up.

3. Yeah I just kinda forgot what with Orochimaru having full physical control over his hands and still doing his snake thing. Orochimaru never seems to need to use hand signs in order to do his snake related jutsu.

4. Oh, I didn't think about that. Yeah I guess Kyuubi is pretty cool now so that makes sense. I just thought that they tried to explain it when Kyuubi was doing his speech about how Naruto > Minato (complete with accompanying diagrams).

One more thing I am wondering about. The soul of Orochimaru's arms (kinda funny when you think about it) went back into Orochimaru when the seal was released. Half of the Kyuubi was sealed by Minato so it should have been released too right? So what happens to it?

Spoiler about the kyuubi half.

Read the manga. It is getting really good.
Jun 12, 2014 9:27 PM

Aug 2012
Yesss the Hokages are revived, that scene was awesome. Minato has some cool looking eyes.
Jun 12, 2014 10:13 PM

Jan 2014
Interesting development with the hokage. That seems more than enough at the outset, especially since Hashirama is said to be on par with Madara.

Funny that Orochimaru had to gut himself to get back his arms from the Reaper. Would be pointless if he just stopped there, and still kinda pointless since he changed bodies. And wouldn't the Zetsus count as clones? Can you do reanimations with clones? That would have been so much easier then.

Edit: Scratch that. I confused Oro's snake thing for jutsu, which raises the question of what exactly that is then.
RedRoseFringJun 12, 2014 10:22 PM
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 12, 2014 10:31 PM

Jul 2007
edwahgezhuck said:

I think this has more to do with the current mental state of the Kyuubi.

Actually this is something that came up in the manga discussions as well. I was confused bout the whole logic behind this, but kishimoto eventually explained it in detail later on.

DarkMorpher said:

link9us said:
Hiruzen can visit her granddaughter again.

O.0

Third hokage had granddaughter o_O

[/quote]

Haha omg, i can't believe I made that mistake. Who feels like an idiot! :/ Anyways you get my point though.
ArtimesGamerJun 12, 2014 10:39 PM

Jun 12, 2014 10:32 PM

Aug 2008
I didn't expect to see this either! These last 2 episodes were both surprising (I like it, I will admit to that). I liked the way the Shinobi Forces worked together - I am afraid that even though they managed into shaking the Ten Tails, their power is not sufficient to truly defeat the Ten Tails. Therefore, another force, much more powerful, is needed - and I couldn't wait to see what that force would be. Well, to tell the truth, I did expect the resurrection of the First Hokage (given the fact that the opening suggests it and also because Madara's speech with regard to the First Hokage seemed somehow to induce that we might see the old guy for real. And now, well, all four hokage(s) are here and are willing to fight (probably, certainly). This fight seems to me that is already won by the good guys *yuuuhu* I can't expect but extreme defeat of the Ten Tails, yuhuhuhuu. Can't wait to see the fight.

Also, I am wondering about Sasuke's beliefs. WHY did he summon the four hokages? does he want to question them about what means to be a hokage, what means a shinobi, what means a village? does he want to know their reasons for being what they were? I kind of think so - and I also hope he will ask these questions for I am looking forward to hear their answers. More than that, I am soooo looking forward to the next episode because I really love the four hokages and want to know more about them. I am also excited because Naruto will get to meet with his father once again, and now -somehow- for real. Man, that's going to be nice. Can't wait to see Madara-chin's expression when he sees First Hokage. I bet he will be surprises *mwahahaha*. Actually, I can't wait to see them fight.

There remains a big problem, though - Orochimaru. Now he is back, he has his hands, he is capable of performing jutsu AND I JUST CAN"T THINK he's become Goody Two Shoes. He probably still wants Sasuke's body and might fight for it -ah, who knows, he is a problem. Though I have to admit I liked Orochimaru in these 2 last episodes. I liked his thoughts about Sasuke in episode 364 (about Sasuke's concern regarding Naruto's welfare) and I loved how he actually helped out with the resurrection in episode 365 -yes, I know he has his motives and he is not philanthropic or anything, BUT still, I kind of think he wasn't that bad in these episodes. To tell the truth, now that I have met Madara and his plans with regard to the entire world, I kind of appreciate Orochimaru's malice more. Or, to be more precise, all the old hate and the new hate are redirected and directed to Madara's plans and Madara's existence, therefore there is nothing more left for Orochimaru at the moment. Though I am not so naive as to admit I won't ever hate him again - who knows, I might, depending on the story's outcome.

However, I loved this episode and can't wait to see the next one!
鳥はとぶ時
つばさでとぶが
あなたはとぶ時
何でとぶのですか?
Terayama Shuji
Jun 12, 2014 10:45 PM

Apr 2009
I'm really interested in hearing what the third hokage has to say about all this. He sacrificed his life to seal away the other hokages for good and Orochimarus jutsu, and now not only is he and the other kages all brought back, but it's none other than Orochimaru behind it all. He's probably gonna be a little peeved.

As much as I am excited for how much cool stuff could possibly happen now (Orochimaru fighting with his jutsu for the first time in like 10 years, the zombie hokages fighting and I'm predicting a first hokage Madara reunion) I can't shake the feeling that it's kind of betraying the third hokages sacrifice by doing this. While I wouldn't say it's a complete asspull, I'm not really a fan of being able to reverse the shinigami death seal. It was just such a powerful and final moment that I doubt Kishimoto at the time was ever planning for it to be reversed.

Ive heard from manga readers that during this war arc Naruto starts changing its overall theme and tone, becoming completely different from what it once was, and if this is the start of it then I can kinda see where they're coming from.

Jun 12, 2014 11:02 PM

Jul 2007
I am guessing they will probably add filler in this upcoming back story. Really i wouldn't mind it though.

Jun 13, 2014 12:21 AM

Mar 2014
Awakening of the hokages is starting!! excited much!!
Naruto's chakra so great!! damn kurama you're really the strongest tailed beast!!
The Chakra that passes through all generations!!
Ino-Shika-Cho Formation!!
Optimistic Love ... Love that have grown from Family love ..Good for shikamaru and Ino.
Obito Still continue to provoke them through rough words ... Damn must be hard Obito.. Madara is a bastard after all.
Ninjas that endures anything!! Naruto .. *Claps*. Real Friends exist Here!!
Neji's memories!!
Shino alliance full force!! Eagle form!! Success!!
that moment ... Sasuke on the pole!!
Hmm... If their were all revived by using The Death'god Reanimation ... Then It does also meant that they Died using the Dead Demon consuming seal!? Well ... Minato and Hiruzen used it ... Hmm... 1ST and 2ND has a different scenario ..so I think the 1st and 2nd was just consumed by it when Hiruzen sealed their souls on the Shinigami!?... Well.. I guess so.
Previous Hokages Revival!! Reanimation complete!!
so awesome!! good job Orocihimaru!!
Pretty good Chapter!!!
Jun 13, 2014 1:31 AM

Dec 2012
edwahgezhuck said:

That is going to become relevant later on.
Jun 13, 2014 2:08 AM

Jul 2013
I hope they don't drag out Hashirama's flash back so we can get into the action soon.

The four former Hokage kick ass.. real hard!

RedRoseFring said:
And wouldn't the Zetsus count as clones? Can you do reanimations with clones? That would have been so much easier then.

Edit: Scratch that. I confused Oro's snake thing for jutsu, which raises the question of what exactly that is then.

Zetsu is a clone in the truest sense (like Dolly the sheep), They're not a bushin clone that disappeared when hit,

That snake is Orochimaru's true body.
MoeGodJun 13, 2014 2:32 AM
Jun 13, 2014 2:43 AM

Jul 2012
Yay! The 4 hokages appear :D Orochimaru as OP as ever lol, he never dies.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jun 13, 2014 2:44 AM

Apr 2010
Aichiro said:
Never would have guessed they were going to revive all the dead Hokage. Orochimaru turned out to be quite useful.

That's exactly what I thought. :D
Jun 13, 2014 4:08 AM

Oct 2013
Holy shit! It was fucking epic! Next episode is going to be nothing but epic. 10/10. Looking forward to see Minato meeting Naruto ^-^
Jun 13, 2014 4:30 AM
Mar 2013
Oh yeah, I forgot that Orochimaru was still alive. Nice to know what Sasuke and the group are up to. I never thought we'd be relying on Orochimaru and his forbidden jutsu. You never know what to expect sometimes.

Lots of surprises these past few episodes. Not all of them were good though Neji;_;

Speaking of surprises, I can't believe Ino managed to land a mind-transfer jutsu on Obito. I did not expect such a powerful ninja to be hit by that attack. I guess the power of the nine-tails shouldn't be underestimated.
Jun 13, 2014 6:02 AM

Jul 2007
NiaSenpai said:
Aichiro said:
Never would have guessed they were going to revive all the dead Hokage. Orochimaru turned out to be quite useful.

That's exactly what I thought. :D

Even i say revive as well. But in the truest sence, Orochimaru actually never was dead to begin with. See people keep saying he died and came back to life, thats incorrect. His snake form lived on inside kabuto all the time, waiting for an opportunity to act. When you think of it that way, its almost like he planned everything even when he was inside someone else. Which in term makes him even more of a boss. He may of outsmarted even sasuke when he tried to kill him.

From what i gather, there are some pretty intelligent shinobi in this series but none of them even come close to the intellect and knowledge that orochimaru has with his experiments. He always knows what he's doing. I more of this is further elaborated upon.

Jun 13, 2014 10:17 AM

Apr 2013
This episode was ok, the animation was bad but I still enjoyed it I guess.
The next one, though, looks amazing.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jun 13, 2014 10:21 AM

Dec 2011
I have been waiting for this moment! Edo Hokage are back and now at full force with Third and Minato. So cannot wait for next episode.
Jun 13, 2014 10:42 AM

Jun 2011
It's so nice to see Sasuke after so long *fangirl mode*

And is it just me but did the animation quality seem meh again this week?
Jun 13, 2014 10:43 AM

Jan 2013
How did all those shinobi fly in the shape of a bird.
Anyways good episode.
Jun 13, 2014 11:59 AM
Jun 2014
Hi all,

Can anyone please explain/remind me a couple of things?

1) I can't remember how exactly Orochimaru came back, did he come out of Kabuto or something? It was a while ago and I forgot :)

2) I didn't understand at all what Orochimaru did there with the Shinigami and all.

He said he became a sacrifice, like 3rd Hokage Sarutobi, to the Death God.

*Somehow* that enabled him to get his hands back (which I don't know why he needs the original hands so much anyway...what's the difference? He can still make the same seals with any pair of hands..right?) instead of,well, *dying*?

I'm really confused...explanation, anyone?

Thanks!
Jun 13, 2014 12:11 PM

Dec 2012
Nom1fan said:

1) I can't remember how exactly Orochimaru came back, did he come out of Kabuto or something? It was a while ago and I forgot :)

No he came out of the curse mark of Anko. It happened in episode episode 341

Nom1fan said:
I didn't understand at all what Orochimaru did there with the Shinigami and all.

He said he became a sacrifice, like 3rd Hokage Sarutobi, to the Death God.

*Somehow* that enabled him to get his hands back (which I don't know why he needs the original hands so much anyway...what's the difference? He can still make the same seals with any pair of hands..right?) instead of,well, *dying*?

Well first of all Orochimaru can't make any seals or use any jutsus that require hand seals, no matter how many times he changes his host body, because the soul or spirit of his hands were sealed by the third hokage in the invasion of Konohan in the chunnin exams.

I will quote someone who explained the situation for me:

Minagatachi said:

Orochimaru had a scroll that was filled with information on how to release the contents of the Shinigami's stomach, which was found by Jugo and Suigetsu. The scroll is just information, doesn't really have any special abilities or anything like that.

The way the Shinigami has the contents of its stomach released is to use the Shinigami mask at the Uzumaki mask shrine, put the mask on your face then summon the Shinigami using the Reaper Death Seal as usual. Then the mask makes a connection between the Shinigami and the person who summoned it, so whatever happens to the summoner happens to the Shinigami (e.g. the summoner cutting off his own arm would make the Shinigami lose its arm).

In part 1 it was stated by Sarutobi that those who are eaten by the Shinigami have the fate of fighting each other for all of eternity in the Shinigami's stomach. Since they were in the Shinigami's stomach, Oro cut his own stomach open and, because of the link he had with the Shinigami because of the mask, the Shinigami's stomach was cut open and everything sealed inside it was able to escape.

The Edo Tensei works by summoning the dead from the afterlife, so those who are not in the afterlife (i.e. those who are sealed) can't be brought back by the Edo Tensei. Because the Hokage were no longer sealed, they were able to be reincarnated by Oro as Edo Tensei.

That's pretty much all the Shinigami mask is good for, or at least that we know of. Hope that cleared some things up.

Hope this helps.
Jun 13, 2014 12:12 PM

Mar 2012
One of the most freaking awesome Naruto episodes, 'nuff said.
Jun 13, 2014 9:24 PM

Aug 2013
ao_no_exo said:
Oh wow!!@!!@! It was awesome to see Orochimaru again but the 4 hokage!! Next episode will be epic!
Also it seems Orochimaru is respecting Sasuke and maybe even thinks they are on equal level.

^ Finally Hokages appeared <3

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jun 13, 2014 10:25 PM

Jul 2013
DarkMorpher said:
It wasn't so clear, does reanimated Shinobi has the same chakra signature they had when they were alive?

Or do they inherit the summoner's?

Or it the sacrifice's? if so, Zetsu can replicate chakra signature and that's how they infiltrated Sasuke's body though the Sporulation Jutsu. Shouldn't all the reanimated Hokage have the same chakra signature as Sasuke now?

Anyone?

Edo tensei zombies inherit all of their original technique & kekkei genkai. I assume that means they also have exactly the same chakra signature as when they are alive because I think otherwise it'd be impossible to replicate their original technique.

White Zetsu's ability to copy other people is unique and if their bodies are used to summon the former Hokage, it means they're as good as dead (which means no more replicating chakra signature).

In future episode you will see

It means that all edo tensei zombies inherit their original chakra signature, not their summoner.
Jun 13, 2014 11:09 PM

Jul 2013
RedRoseFring said:
Interesting development with the hokage. That seems more than enough at the outset, especially since Hashirama is said to be on par with Madara.

Funny that Orochimaru had to gut himself to get back his arms from the Reaper. Would be pointless if he just stopped there, and still kinda pointless since he changed bodies. And wouldn't the Zetsus count as clones? Can you do reanimations with clones? That would have been so much easier then.

Hashirama is far from being on par with Madara. Remember that Madara hadn't awakened the Rinnegan when he fought Hashirama, and their fight was way before Kabuto implanted Hashirama's cell into Madara.
Jun 14, 2014 8:55 AM

Jun 2014
Dem EdoKages finally appear.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

195 by natsuyah »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 407 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2015

48 by leanrv »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » EPISODE 1 TO 32 : Kazekage Rescue Arc

pnr2 - Sep 19

5 by Khushal_v »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 120 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kage-bunshin - Jul 30, 2009

174 by pickyotaku »»
Today, 4:31 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 375 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Klad - Sep 4, 2014

191 by Zakaria_Turki »»
Today, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.