Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Jul 24, 2013 1:28 AM

Sep 2012
Immahnoob said:
symbv said:
Just read in an interview with the author that the 2nd season is not pre-planned but was decided after the series started to air.

Why so?
What do you mean?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 24, 2013 1:31 AM

Apr 2012
symbv said:
Immahnoob said:
symbv said:
Just read in an interview with the author that the 2nd season is not pre-planned but was decided after the series started to air.

Why so?
What do you mean?

Why did he decide after the anime aired? He's the author, shouldn't he love to continue his work?

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jul 24, 2013 1:32 AM

Sep 2012
Immahnoob said:
symbv said:
Immahnoob said:
symbv said:

Why so?
What do you mean?

Why did he decide after the anime aired? He's the author, shouldn't he love to continue his work?
I said "it was decided" I did not say it was decided by HIM. He is just revealing that the decision to make a 2nd season of Date A Live was not made before the 1st season aired. As much as I am sure he would like to see many seasons of anime adapted from his LN, I am sure there is not much he could have done if the resource available is only good for 1 cour anime.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 24, 2013 1:36 AM

Apr 2012
symbv said:
Immahnoob said:
symbv said:
Immahnoob said:
symbv said:

Why so?
What do you mean?

I said "it was decided" I did not say it was decided by HIM. He is just revealing that the decision to make a 2nd season of Date A Live was not made before the 1st season aired. As much as I am sure he would like to see many seasons of anime adapted from his LN, I am sure there is not much he could have done if the resource available is only good for 1 cour anime.

Well, at least they thought they can make another season.

I'm happy with that.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jul 24, 2013 2:55 AM

Sep 2012
Decided by what? The answer is: presales and sales numbers for discs and novels and other merchandise related to the show. If they had flopped then they might not have bothered.

But it tells us that it was not a "secret split cour show" where season/cour two was in fact already planned from the start but not announced until the end of the first season.
Jul 24, 2013 3:47 AM

Oct 2011
anime was announced when it only had 3 vol of the LN out already..basically not enough material as s1 did vol 1-4.. s2 will be doing vol 5-7 which is pretty much what we got so far..and the OVA would be doing the short story volume of the series
Jul 25, 2013 4:04 AM

Apr 2012
Can't wait for season 2 really enjoyed season1
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2013 2:43 PM

Jan 2013
Will Shido become less annoying or all hope is lost ?
Jul 30, 2013 2:55 PM
Jul 2013
I believe this season will come out somewhere around 2014?
Jul 30, 2013 7:14 PM

Jul 2013
I always think about the girls' armor something like Mahou Shoujo reference... lol
I mean... The transformation thing, every girl representing a color and the all the cute adornments.

And yeah, the season 2 probably will come out around March 2014 I will guess
Jul 30, 2013 10:46 PM

Dec 2011
want to say hype but.. i'm not hype at all. lol
Sep 26, 2013 4:14 PM

May 2013
Any air dates yet? :o
Oct 5, 2013 1:36 AM

Jan 2013
fortunately date a live s2 will actually starts to have a better plot
really disappointed by the anime adaption as a person who had read the ln
will see how they interpret the second season..
Oct 6, 2013 6:39 AM

Sep 2012
Cast for the twin senrei(spirits) have been announed:

Yamai Kaguya: Uchida Maaya
Yamai Yuzuru: Bridcut Sarah Emi

Oct 6, 2013 10:31 AM
Jan 2013
symbv said:
Cast for the twin senrei(spirits) have been announed:

Yamai Kaguya: Uchida Maaya
Yamai Yuzuru: Bridcut Sarah Emi

thanks for the update both good voice actors cant wait
Oct 10, 2013 6:55 AM

Jul 2012
Enjoyed the first season, hoping to see it soon, I don't want it to be rushed though.
You guys will argue over anything.
Oct 10, 2013 7:24 AM

Sep 2011
Well, that depends if this will be 2-cour. I don't even know how many volumes will they cover, how many volumes are released already, and how many volumes that season 1 covered.

Oct 10, 2013 7:29 AM

Feb 2009
Tennouji_ said:
Well, that depends if this will be 2-cour. I don't even know how many volumes will they cover, how many volumes are released already, and how many volumes that season 1 covered.
Currently 8 volumes out. Season 1 covered 4.
Oct 10, 2013 8:33 AM

Sep 2012
belatkuro said:
Tennouji_ said:
And don't forget there is another volume that is composed of only short stories.

Oct 10, 2013 6:16 PM

Sep 2011
belatkuro said:
Tennouji_ said:

I'm not sure if covering 4 volumes yet 1-cour is a good thing... If I remember correctly, it is indeed that season 1 seemed kinda rushed at some point.

Oct 11, 2013 11:41 AM

Oct 2010
Tennouji_ said:
belatkuro said:
Tennouji_ said:

I'm not sure if covering 4 volumes yet 1-cour is a good thing... If I remember correctly, it is indeed that season 1 seemed kinda rushed at some point.

I think they might cover 3 volumes + encore (filler novel) for the second season, since volume 8 is the beginning of another two-volume arc.
Oct 11, 2013 11:56 AM
Aug 2013
Nice! I will keep an eye on it.

I watched the first season and enjoyed most of the episodes although I find some the scenes a little more NSFW than they were supposed to be.
Oct 11, 2013 11:58 AM

Aug 2012
God no.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo~

Eh.

Whatever.
Oct 11, 2013 2:32 PM

Mar 2012
I'm more curious if natsumi will be appearing in the second season. If they are going to cover as far as volume eight then she will appear since she makes her first appearance in volume 8 in the light novel.
Oct 21, 2013 6:13 AM

Sep 2007
hehehe~ hope no one laugh at me or anything, really

BUT

is it eechi??? Date A Live Season 1,
I mean the genre didn't say that, but the picture of the anime makes it possible...

I want a true answer, pls
so can follow the second season of it when it air.

Thank You
Sorrow Found Me When I Was Young,
Sorrow Sticked Around,
Then,
Sorrow Waited
And Now, Sorrow Won.

~Silent Rage~
Oct 21, 2013 6:20 AM

Sep 2012
hoshigraya said:
I mean the genre didn't say that, but the picture of the anime makes it possible...
I don't know where you check for the genre, but if it is the MAL database it is something that are contributed by users too. So it is always subject to debate. For example, I would question why Date A Live has "shounen" genre tag. Tags like "shounen" can only be clearly defined if it is a manga (because of the type of magazine it is serialized) but I don't see how it can be used unambiguously for anime or light novel. Also, the genre "ecchi" depends on how you define the term. If your question of whether it is ecchi means if there is substantial amount of fan service the answer is yes, and it is a trait that many harem anime (and I see this anime carries "harem" genre tag in the MAL DB) share anyway.

Oct 21, 2013 6:33 AM

Sep 2007
symbv said:
hoshigraya said:
I don't know where you check for the genre, but if it is the MAL database it is something that are contributed by users too. So it is always subject to debate. For example, I would question why Date A Live has "shounen" genre tag. Tags like "shounen" can only be clearly defined if it is a manga (because of the type of magazine it is serialized) but I don't see how it can be used unambiguously for anime or light novel. Also, the genre "ecchi" depends on how you define the term. If your question of whether it is ecchi means if there is substantial amount of fan service the answer is yes, and it is a trait that many harem anime (and I see this anime carries "harem" genre tag in the MAL DB) share anyway.

hmmmm, I know all that what you wrote,
my bad...
I should have made my point more clear...

eechi= boobs grope, many shots of naked body, hit-on hard on each other...like that~
(^_^;
Sorrow Sticked Around,
Then,
Sorrow Waited
And Now, Sorrow Won.

~Silent Rage~
Oct 21, 2013 6:56 AM

Sep 2012
hoshigraya said:
eechi= boobs grope, many shots of naked body, hit-on hard on each other...like that~
(^_^;
There are suggestive poses, half-naked shots, and sexy situations galore. Don't recall actual boobs grope or full nudity (bodies soaked in hot spring don't count) though.

Oct 21, 2013 11:07 AM
Sep 2012
I really enjoyed this anime, I'm glad there is a second season already :)
Oct 22, 2013 3:57 AM

Sep 2007
symbv said:
hoshigraya said:
(^_^;
There are suggestive poses, half-naked shots, and sexy situations galore. Don't recall actual boobs grope or full nudity (bodies soaked in hot spring don't count) though.

Thanks A lot
You Helped Me Here... d(^_^
Sorrow Sticked Around,
Then,
Sorrow Waited
And Now, Sorrow Won.

~Silent Rage~
Oct 22, 2013 3:58 AM

Oct 2013
Damn!

"Hello."

Nov 9, 2013 9:36 PM

Oct 2013
CAN'T WAIT !
Nov 10, 2013 6:21 PM

May 2013
Time for both pure love and best girl to appear!!! I like the novels and was somewhat disappointed with the first season (due to the fast pacing) but I'm willing to bet that the second season will be a lot better in that regard.
Nov 19, 2013 10:11 AM
Jul 2018
Waiting so long ;_;
Nov 19, 2013 2:16 PM

Sep 2011
Honestly, now that I have watched this series, it is far more enjoyable than most of the harem series I have seen, at least it has Kurumi, which is at least distinguishable from most of the harem heroines.

It still makes no fucking sense, rendering it a far cry from being a piece that's competent.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Nov 29, 2013 1:42 PM

Jun 2013
More Tohka and Origami? Color me excited :)
Nov 29, 2013 5:18 PM

Sep 2011
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
More Tohka and Origami? Color me excited :)

People actually like those two EXTREMELY boring and generic characters? I seriously can't be endeared by them.

At least the Yoshino is actually really cute, and Tohka offers a somewhat unique taste with a great character design.

Those 2? Just no...

(Funny though all the Spirits have Japanese names)
Nov 29, 2013 11:16 PM

Jun 2013
To each his own, my friend. Remember, we are humans and humans have different tastes in everything from cuisine to... anime characters :)
Nov 30, 2013 3:10 AM

Sep 2012
^^^ Polite but lively discussion taking into account the fact that people have differing tastes... on MAL??? That'll be the day...

I am also looking forward to more Tohka, Origami and Yoshino as well though I really hope it is Tohka in the end (not reading the novels for this one so I really have no clue where it is going).
Nov 30, 2013 3:14 AM

Sep 2012
Kumagawa said:
That last girl(miku iirc??) could pass as patchoulis cousin
lol x3 agreed~
Nov 30, 2013 7:04 PM

Sep 2011
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
To each his own, my friend. Remember, we are humans and humans have different tastes in everything from cuisine to... anime characters :)

Of course, they're mostly all really bad and overdone characters. But oh well, this is better than most Harem shows out there.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» Voice Actor Takeo Ootsuka Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - May 31

13 by 210200 »»
28 minutes ago

» 'Mayonaka Punch' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago

» Q2 2024 Anime & Manga Licenses [Update 5/31]

Snow - Apr 5

3 by Snow »»
10 hours ago

» 'Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita.' Unveils Main Cast, Staff, First Promo for 2024 Premiere

Hyperion_PS - May 2, 2023

6 by oazuz »»
Yesterday, 12:41 PM

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Unveils Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 28

5 by DafuqBOOM »»
Yesterday, 10:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.