Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Apr 14, 2022 7:02 AM

Mar 2016
Okay.
So, somebody please enlighten me because I cannot wrap my head around this.
I tried to figure it out, but apparently I'm missing important information or clues here?

I have not yet read the manga, so if in order to explain this to me, you need to drop spoilers, please don't.

Why didn't Eren and Zeke touch each other when they met in Marley and kickstart their own plans back then?
Was there still a component missing? Why did they both return to Paradis first? Why not do it right then and there?
Apr 14, 2022 2:04 PM
Mar 2022
chochajin said:
Okay.
So, somebody please enlighten me because I cannot wrap my head around this.
I tried to figure it out, but apparently I'm missing important information or clues here?

I have not yet read the manga, so if in order to explain this to me, you need to drop spoilers, please don't.

Why didn't Eren and Zeke touch each other when they met in Marley and kickstart their own plans back then?
Was there still a component missing? Why did they both return to Paradis first? Why not do it right then and there?
People's guess is that Zeke was not feeling ready.
Apr 23, 2022 9:35 PM
Apr 2022
I love how this story handles history. Marleyans said Ymir was a devil who tortured and oppressed. Eldians said she was a Goddess that cultivated lands. Yet it turns out, she was just a slave being used for both. This is an important theme of how history gets twisted for convenience, and eventually it becomes so twisted, no one really knows the truth anymore.
Apr 29, 2022 9:08 AM

Mar 2016
"To you 2000 years later" and now... "From You, 2000 Years Ago"
It's such poetic title that can be interpreted in different ways, for one, it brings the spirit of freedom, from Ymir the slave from 2000 years ago, to Eren 200 years later. The paths has reached and came around to this point in time when the rumbling has begun.

I'm not gonna lie, the adaptation for this episode when compared panel to panel with the manga, does not fully convey the manga's masterful shots of visuals, but for the anime, it's rather charming in its own way. When it comes to AoT anime adapted by Mappa, the animation and visual is no where near Wit Studio's but holy does they make this one hell of an amazing episode.

Starting from Ymir's backstory, until the present day when Eren has managed to attain his goal and cause the rumbling, ohhh the goosebumps, the intensity, the cinematic imagery!!! Along with the harmony of orchestral OST in the background made for such a mind-numbingly fantastic scene.
And to top it all off, Eren's monologue as he announces his intention to all subjects of Ymir through the paths they share. Oh damn, that is such an epic scene in the manga, but in the anime, it's a billion times more than that. It's pure brilliance. That monologue concretes Eren's image as the protagonist, antagonist, manipulator, aggravator, mastermind and all other revered titles under the son. Some might even consider Eren a God after experiencing such a thing.

You know how this goes...
Eren is the one who forced isayama to write this story
Apr 30, 2022 11:33 PM
Sep 2020
It all makes sense now.

I finally understand what Eren's and Zeke's motive are.
May 1, 2022 12:43 PM

Feb 2018
Ymir didn't deserve that fate.. As for Eren, boy oh boy this is going to be good!
May 23, 2022 6:31 AM

Dec 2020
I've never been this much excited in last year. AoT going nuts.

Ymir was a fool to not kill their dumbass leader. Now she just has to pay for not making the choice, also plot.
Jul 11, 2022 6:32 AM

Jul 2017
oh my lord EREN !!!! i am speechless so many plot twists and turns in this episode !!! now Eren wants to end all of humanity existing beyond the walls ! that's not okay ! but damn

i loved the Yimir backstory we really needed that ! the story behind the three walls it all makes sense now, but what i don't understand is what was that spine thingy that touched Ymir when she fell into the deep water, why was it there and what's the source of it ?
pickyotakuJul 11, 2022 6:36 AM
Jul 17, 2022 6:08 AM

Aug 2018
Truly this is probably the peak of this season, I just don't even know how much should I write regarding what I witnessed, the Ymir story was a damn dark fantasy tale on its own, kinda even looks like some old folklore of some country but it just felt like it was done so well, maybe expect that parasite part that gave her the power.

But besides that this episode is flawless, the thrill and atmosphere really made is an unforgetable moment for probably many fans of the show including me and it definitely worthy of being considered among the best episodes of the series like ''Hero'' or ''Assault''.

I think things will go very interesting paths from here
Jul 29, 2022 7:23 AM

Oct 2018
Why is Eren so fucking crazy 🤨

Aug 31, 2022 8:34 AM
Jun 2021
The pacing is starting to slow down.
Sep 1, 2022 8:04 AM
Sep 2020
Figva said:
Truly this is probably the peak of this season, I just don't even know how much should I write regarding what I witnessed, the Ymir story was a damn dark fantasy tale on its own, kinda even looks like some old folklore of some country but it just felt like it was done so well, maybe expect that parasite part that gave her the power.

But besides that this episode is flawless, the thrill and atmosphere really made is an unforgetable moment for probably many fans of the show including me and it definitely worthy of being considered among the best episodes of the series like ''Hero'' or ''Assault''.

I think things will go very interesting paths from here

Wish it had done my friend ,but after that they decided or should I say isayama got inspired by Marvel 🤦🏻
Sep 9, 2022 12:29 AM
Jun 2022
Amazing Episode!!
Sep 29, 2022 7:34 AM

Jul 2013
wat da fack? are you telling me that after all Ymir went through as a slave, she stayed a slave after getting titan powers? not only that but long after she died, for thousands of years she's still a slave making titans out of clay and dirt? fucking why?
Oct 12, 2022 2:44 AM
May 2022
impossible to unstersand but cool
Oct 15, 2022 9:32 AM
Oct 2022
hihihihihihihihihi
Nov 7, 2022 8:51 PM

Aug 2015
This was an apex episode so far, and the Coordinate realm looks very good and peaceful
Nov 8, 2022 10:41 PM
Dec 2020
Cleverrrrr!!!!!
Nov 22, 2022 10:56 PM
Jan 2022
uno de los mejores de todos los tiempos
Jan 1, 2023 12:30 PM

Aug 2018
Currently on my rewatch of this show and I don't know why or how but I love the second part so much more than the first part. They really delivered something great. May the final and third part carry the same energy.
Jan 21, 2023 11:42 PM
Apr 2014
Eren idk how many times I have to say it, genocide is a bad look my guy.
Feb 8, 2023 5:22 AM

Jul 2022
History repeats itself i guess?
Mar 6, 2023 11:18 AM

Jul 2021
even after a rewatching i'm just as impressed at the stunning and beautiful story-telling. giga chad based eren did it boys. it's rumbling time.

it really is better to binge aot to understand it better. i was watching this while it was airing and it was getting quite a lot of work, i would keep forgetting stuff which would lead to less of an impact. now that i am binging this, it's hitting hard even after knowing all the major things that will happen now.

can't wait to finish rewatching all of this and finally watch part 3.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 12, 2023 2:06 PM
Jul 2016
iconic this was so iconic like holy shit iconic
Mar 13, 2023 2:31 AM

Dec 2020
Three great episodes in a row for the third time lol. 
Mar 15, 2023 5:00 PM
Apr 2015
i mean it was great but not that great, look, it was good but not so good has he was great, and at the end, the episode is still amazing, not quit as good but still amazing.
Mar 29, 2023 2:19 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Basically Eren, to the rest of the world: "prepare to get f*cked"

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 3, 2023 2:34 PM
Apr 2023
i love everything about it
Apr 15, 2023 11:48 AM
Apr 2020
nigga sucking balls
Apr 23, 2023 12:36 AM

Sep 2019
Firstly, congratulations to Zeke, he was saved by his own father, Grisha gave Zeke what he longed for, a warm hug.
And second, Carla, this ED, the things Historia said in the Reiss family cave,... all turned to dust with Eren's overthrow. Expect this to be only half of the redemption story.
There are two possibilities, one is, Eren is pretending to be the bad guy, to sacrifice in the final mission. Second, he has been corrupted by lies of this world, so, whether Eren can see the future of his successor or not, he has chosen, and in the end, he will find a way to save his own heart. Because I believe, no one is born to be a bad guy.
Begin.
To be honest, compared to Kruger's titan, Grisha's titan didn't have a good looking.
Oh no Frieda lost an arm, so brutal.. finally got to see this fight clearly
Man... all these deaths caused by future Eren?
In the end, the person who killed a lot of people in survey corps for fun was redeemed and became a good person. Wtf
Zeke's dream will not come true. Very good, I don't like that dream.
But Eren's dream? I still don't know what Eren wants.
So Eren is essentially continuing Kruger's work.
Wow, memory in memory.
Should I now support Zeke or Eren? lol
Damn... Eren really ripped off his own finger? In a place where space and time don't exist.
Believe in Eren, guys! If Eren is the bad guy then we already see that future.
Oh my Queen!
Wow don't say Krista Lenz is Ymir Fritz
Ancient Egypt or what? An invasion.
Slaves with their tongues cut off, what a barbaric
I love how art depicts the past like that. 2000 years ago.
Why are the kids in this anime so pitiful?
It turned out that there was a big tree, maybe this was the beginning of everything.
That thing...
So Ymir is not an Eldian? She was just a slave whose homeland was invaded by the Eldians.
Wow that's the first king, King Fritz. And Ymir married him.
Anyone going to be a fan of Ymir?
Wow, Season 2's ED showed this. Wow. King Fritz is truly brutal.
I'm about to cry now.
That little girl alone built the walls.
Why does Eren know Ymir's past?
See? Eren is a good person. The problem is from what I see, Zeke is becoming the other Fritz king, and can Eren tell Zeke so he understands everything?
Hey actually, Eren and Zeke's goal seems to have something in common: to end the titan wars. But Eren is more specific and more thorough. I'm with Eren now.
Poor Zeke. And Welcome back Eren!
Ymir's will lies in the Attack Titan, a will beyond royal orders. And until the Attack titan inherits the future of their successor, one who understands that having to touch the royal titan, a titan that has been eaten by the attack titan itself, is almost impossible, so where Eren was the exception and Ymir succeeded.
goosebumps
So the three walls are the children of Ymir, the children who ate their mother. And now that mother is very angry, and she has given Eren her will. Eren kills the Reiss children to meet Ymir, because it was Ymir who brought Eren there to save her. It was Ymir who manipulated Eren.
Damn. Ymir: "I built these walls. Now I break them!"
Wait.. that strange creature looks like the Facehugger from Alien? Aliens crossover?
Ok now it's the time all unite, Marley, Eldia,... everyone yo Eren's kindness freeing a slave girl turned into a mess!?
If Eren had touched Zeke earlier, I don't know what would have happened
OMG is like my beloved Nausicaa movie
First of all congratulations Yelena!
I've never seen Mikasa's face so scared. Looks like she's too small compared to the other army!
Oh man loudspeaker at my school! Eren!
Congratulations Floch.
So the Jeager sect is absolutely right.
Oh No Eren No! Don't destroy the world okay!? Is that what Ymir wants? I object. There must be something Eren couldn't say.
Looks like at least Historia and her baby will be safe. Just like Eren wanted.
Is this like turning Eren into the Fritz king?
I do not know. My mind has been spinning.
wait.. Annie's dad is still alive?
Apr 29, 2023 3:16 PM
Nov 2015
Genuinely one of the most insane episodes of anime I've ever watched
May 3, 2023 6:41 AM

Nov 2010
Interesting backstory. So, that's how Titans came to be. They were a combination of that Jellyfish spinal thing and Ymir's body. Also, Ymir was never an Eldian. Instead, she was used by Eldians to conquer the world.
Ymir grew up into a sexy-looking babe. That Eldian King didn't waste her meat, that's for sure. I still remember all of this from S2 ED.
I like Eren's plan as well. Zero compromises. Annihilate all enemies of Paradis!
I wish I could commence Rumbling in real life. This world needs to be cleansed, and the human population reduced to less than a billion. As for me, I don't mind whether I live or die in the process. It's a win for me either way!
May 27, 2023 10:25 AM

Aug 2019
This episode was insane dude. So much makes more sense now, especially that mural we saw I think back in like season 2 with those 3 kids eating out of like a big pot or whatever

And seeing all those walls come down feels like such a powerful moment. It feels so weird to think all those walls are gone, and just how open Paradis is now. My jaw dropped while I was watching this episode. And now Eren is going to trample the entire world? Bro 0_o
May 31, 2023 2:53 AM
Jul 2022
Op super awesome wonderful cool outstanding
Jun 20, 2023 6:07 AM
May 2023
Ymirr is Amazing and Karl virtz i hated
Jun 26, 2023 6:12 AM
Nov 2020
crazy bitch ass shit holy fuck
Jul 11, 2023 4:51 PM
Jul 2023
🧣 The GOAT 🕊️
Aug 2, 2023 7:30 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Aug 15, 2023 7:38 AM
Jun 2021
just WOW...I have no words...
Aug 26, 2023 6:16 AM

Jan 2013
haha rumbling goes brrr!!!
Aug 26, 2023 3:52 PM
Aug 2023
Perferct. Must be a number 1 anime.
Sep 3, 2023 5:19 AM
Mar 2016
It gives so much goosebumps to me, holy ****

Like Mgła says in their "Power and will I"

"We've been given claws (and) not without reason
As through strength we shall put the world to sleep
We've been given our roles of beasts so fierce
So we shall wipe the earth clear of human dust"
Sep 20, 2023 6:57 AM
May 2021
erens founding titan forms looks scary af with the collapse of all the walls
Oct 14, 2023 5:37 PM
Oct 2018
MEU DEUS EREN DO CÉU O QUE TU FEZ HOMEM
Oct 20, 2023 4:39 PM

Dec 2012
I was always nervous about learning Ymir's origin story. Sometimes, the mythology of a story remains stronger when its roots aren't revealed. In AoT's case, however, the tragic truth is what makes this grand reveal hit so much harder. Neither a goddess nor a devil, Ymir was just a young girl who spent 2,000 years enslaved to the will of a bloodline that continuously abused & defiled her. It also shows how both versions of history had grains of truth in them, although Marley's seems more accurate considering the brutality of the Eldian Empire. Though that said, this clearly proves that human nature remains the same both before & during the power of the titans. Eldians just had a greater means to conquer with.

But without a doubt, my favorite part is when Eren frees Ymir. His attitude towards her definitely proves he was lying to Mikasa about hating slaves.
Oct 23, 2023 4:01 AM
Jun 2022
i was really sad Idk what I have to think ab it
Oct 24, 2023 2:24 AM

Oct 2019
Well, that was the mother of all cliffhangers..
We finally saw how Ymir gained her powers - no devil or demon involved, just a weird spine like aquatic creature.

Out of 11 tendrils in total on each side 9 made contact with her along her spine; not coincidentally I suppose, to represent the number of Titans.

It also appears she, along with that creature, merged with Eren in the physical realm? Or was that creature always hosted in the spine of each Founding Titan?

It appears Eren did not coerce her to release the Colossal Titans, she did it on her own free will - which somehow was Eren's goal too.

Her angry / hateful expression toward the end made me think that she finally got sick of being a good, obedient, passively accepting everything girl after 2,000 years, in both her life and afterlife.

It was like she finally snapped; Eren merely nudged her. He told her, in effect, it was OK to snap. Her torment would not end though unless all Eldians also died. Merely killing non Eldians would not affect the Coordinate realm.

I thought when she revived Zeke in ep 1 she did it because she supported his plans to sterilize all Eldians. In retrospect she did it because he had Royal blood and so believed it was her duty to fix his body - just like she dutifully obeyed and protected Fritz I, despite treating her like trash.

I think she waited for someone like Eren to remind her she had the free will to do what she chose. But perhaps her hatred is misplaced. We'll see...

p.s. And what about the Eldians held by Marley in Nazi-like concentration camps? Will those be trampled too? Eren probably does not care about those either.
SharpedonOct 24, 2023 2:38 AM
Nov 4, 2023 4:27 PM

Jul 2019
Magnificent, This is peak Aot. Best aot episode till now. My mind blown..
Nov 5, 2023 8:39 AM
May 2023
Excellent episode, possibly the best or at least one of the best of all of SNK. So Ymir got her powers from what seems to be a parasite of unknown origin and she was waiting all this time for someone to rescue her and it seems to be Eren, The Rumble has begun and the plan to exterminate the world too, let's see if they can do it
Nov 10, 2023 3:46 PM

Jan 2013
H O L Y!

This episode truly makes it a class apart!

What a tragic story of Ymir, a slave even after death ...
All Ymir wanted to do was help others to the point of taking the blame for others.
It was so great seeing Eren finally freeing her.

With just this episode all of the questions we've had seem so clear now, the reason why Titans eat humans, the connection to the royal family, the name of the walls etc.

But damn what a beautiful episode, the second half with the Rumbling did not disappoint.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

551 by aaltairs »»
Sep 14, 6:11 PM

» Does AoT have the most toxic fandom? ( 1 2 3 )

unpredictablech_ - Mar 1, 2022

108 by Zayar2005 »»
Aug 30, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

431 by kfk »»
Aug 29, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 6, 2022

302 by flokigoat »»
Aug 25, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Who suffered the most? (2nd one)(manga readers)

ViViD_AI - Feb 2, 2022

30 by Zarutaku »»
Aug 22, 10:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.