Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (25) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2014 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
And so the party begins . Damn what a start for an anime , this show truly lives the hype of the manga. I liked the animation , it was flawless and animators well done with the action , and especially the blood animation , that was so cool .
Jul 6, 2014 3:57 PM

Nov 2013
YTFry91 said:
Plus how is this senseless gore again? The over the top blood and drama completely fits the the show and its genre. Its like complaining about a horrror movie having to much violence.
Because it's cheap shock factor.
Jul 6, 2014 3:59 PM

Apr 2013
Botato said:
YTFry91 said:
Plus how is this senseless gore again? The over the top blood and drama completely fits the the show and its genre. Its like complaining about a horrror movie having to much violence.
Horror movies live off shock factor. Agk is not horror.
Jul 6, 2014 4:00 PM

Mar 2014
Like maaaaany, loved the op. Ok this is something i really wanted. Bored of the simple shounen hero stuff. This amount of gore and carnage takes it to a whole new level. Great episode, really looking forward to this. 5/5
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Jul 6, 2014 4:00 PM

Jan 2013
Cupquake said:
Botato said:
Horror movies live off shock factor. Agk is not horror.

Shitty horror movies live off shock factor.
Jul 6, 2014 4:03 PM
Apr 2014
Emnay said:
YTFry91 said:
What? Horror movies don't need over the top violence. Do horror movies generally have lots of violence? Yeah. Is it necessary? No. Not usually.

Over the top gore and oceans of blood everywhere is pretty silly. Just because it conforms to it's "genre" doesn't mean it isn't a valid criticism.

I didn't say horrors couldn't work without violence. I didn't say he didn't have valid criticisms. The violence is silly and that doesn't bother me at all. Like a slasher film. If anything I think it works for the series as it later on develops tension and repercussions in the fights.
Jul 6, 2014 4:03 PM

Oct 2010
I remember why i dropped this. I like Akame its the male lead i hate with a passion. People talk about shounen but the main lead is basically a shounen character in a seinen world.
Jul 6, 2014 4:05 PM
Apr 2014
I guess I'm the only person who thinks of this as a shounen action series.
Jul 6, 2014 4:05 PM

Jan 2013
bonifide said:
I remember why i dropped this. I like Akame its the male lead i hate with a passion. People talk about shounen but the main lead is basically a shounen character in a seinen world.

He is in a shounen world.

Violence =/= Seinen

K-on = Seinen
Jul 6, 2014 4:07 PM

Oct 2013
OMG I was tricked I thought they were nice people .. so this anime is the new future diary .
RO7Jul 9, 2014 3:14 PM
Jul 6, 2014 4:07 PM

Jan 2012
A7MAD111 said:
OMG I was tricked I thought they were nice people .. so this anime is the new future dairy .

no -_-
"Yo, Buddy. Still alive?" -Solo Wing Pixy, AC:Zero (best game ever)
Jul 6, 2014 4:09 PM

Jan 2013
A7MAD111 said:
OMG I was tricked I thought they were nice people .. so this anime is the new future dairy .

This guy gets it.
Jul 6, 2014 4:10 PM

Sep 2012
Epic first episode, people saying that the first episode didn't even scratch the surface. I kind of knew that, but it's going to get a lot better then this? Damn... can't wait!
Jul 6, 2014 4:13 PM
Sep 2013
I've never seen so many hypocritical ppl like in this thread...You can tell just by looking at their anime list,rating animes like Hellsing Ultimate with 9 or 10 and then they claim that this anime is senseless gore without reasonable argumentation at least most of them which is kinda funny^
Jul 6, 2014 4:14 PM

Apr 2013
wtfitsmegaman said:
I've never seen so many hypocritical ppl like in this thread...You can tell just by looking at their anime list,rating animes like Hellsing Ultimate with 9 or 10 and then they claim that this anime is senseless gore without reasonable argumentation at least most of them which is kinda funny^
Hellsing ultimate didn't take itself seriously
Jul 6, 2014 4:15 PM

Jan 2013
Cupquake said:
wtfitsmegaman said:

This is debatable.
Jul 6, 2014 4:16 PM

Oct 2010
SolviteSekai said:
bonifide said:

He is in a shounen world.

Violence =/= Seinen

K-on = Seinen

You know damn well what i mean. He is naive and annoying i mean i read the manga. Plus this aint really a shounen since they dont do quick power ups yet. Since most of the cast trained most of their life. I highly doubt this anime is truly meant for ages 6-15. I guess i should say MC got a shounen personality.
Jul 6, 2014 4:17 PM

Aug 2012
Cupquake said:
wtfitsmegaman said:
Jul 6, 2014 4:17 PM

Apr 2013
SolviteSekai said:
Cupquake said:

This is debatable.
At the very least, I didn't think it did. Nazis, fucking ninth crusade, it was the funniest thing I've ever seen.
Jul 6, 2014 4:18 PM

May 2009
bonifide said:
You know damn well what i mean. He is naive and annoying i mean i read the manga. Plus this aint really a shounen since they dont do quick power ups yet. Since most of the cast trained most of their life. I highly doubt this anime is truly meant for ages 6-15. I guess i should say MC got a shounen personality.

There is no such thing like specified shounen or seinen word. Spare us your of you incopentency.
Jul 6, 2014 4:19 PM
Apr 2014
How does ths show take itself seriously? The main character yells "What's with these turn of events" at the end of the episode. Lol the hate is strong in here. I guess this series was too overhyped for some to stomach along with the "gore". Which is really just blood sprays.
Jul 6, 2014 4:20 PM

Jan 2013
This show is like mirai nikki to me.

I enjoyed mirai nikki but when i saw how laughable the hype for it was, i was baffled.

This show will be fun to watch, then hopefully forgotten this fall when durarara and other decent shows come out.
Jul 6, 2014 4:21 PM

Apr 2013
YTFry91 said:
How does ths show take itself seriously? The main character yells "What's with these turn of events at the end of the episode". Lol the hate is strong in here. I guess this series was too overhyped for some to stomach along with the "gore". Which is really just blood sprays.
they are leading a revolution against a tyrannical empire. am I not supposed to take that seriously?
Jul 6, 2014 4:22 PM

May 2012
Wow.. so much blood. Nice animation for the fight so far.
Jul 6, 2014 4:22 PM
Jun 2014
_abhi_ said:
Decent start for the series.Shitty opening and i hate the main character already.

Don't worry tatsumi actually becomes pretty badass down the line lol, hang in there.
Jul 6, 2014 4:23 PM

Dec 2012
Oh yeah, that was awesome. I expected as much from White Fox, nice going guys!

*I like how Tatsumi keeps on calling Leone "Boobs"

*WOW, the show tricked me into thinking it was gonna be a love thing with Tatsumi and Aria >_<

*Akame is so cute!
Jul 6, 2014 4:23 PM
Apr 2014
Cupquake said:
YTFry91 said:
How does ths show take itself seriously? The main character yells "What's with these turn of events at the end of the episode". Lol the hate is strong in here. I guess this series was too overhyped for some to stomach along with the "gore". Which is really just blood sprays.
they are leading a revolution against a tyrannical empire. am I not supposed to take that seriously?

Nope. Especially since their "revolution" will basically boil down to 1v1 fights with super weapons.
Jul 6, 2014 4:24 PM

Aug 2012
SolviteSekai said:
This show is way better than naruto/hxh/Fairytail/one piece
I'll at least give it that.

No way this piece of shit is better than Hunter x Hunter!
Jul 6, 2014 4:25 PM

Apr 2013
YTFry91 said:
Cupquake said:

Nope. Especially since their "revolution" will basically boil down to 1v1 fights with super weapons.
Aight. So I'll just treat it like an entertaining comedy, just like hellsing ultimate.
Jun 2014
Kirion said:
kikohunter said:

Troll #1 detected!

Not trolling, genuinely amazed at what would you like in this shit. Bad art, bad animation, bad cliche story, bad attempts at humor. Yay gore?

The manga is actually pretty great. No story? It was an exposition? The animation was decent but it wont win any awards.
Bad fights? There were 2 fights in which both were between 2 unevenly matched opponents. Ofc they would be short.

Yea, good judging...
Jul 2012
Dope anime! 9/10 for the first episode for me. Fight scenes were extremely brief but I enjoyed them (slaughter scenes more like it :|). I do think that they add in a bit too much comedy (right after the climax of the episode) which kind of ruined the feel a bit, but it's something I'll get use to!
"
Jul 6, 2014 4:26 PM

Oct 2012
The first half was meh, but the 2nd half was actually pretty entertaining. I don't think this will be this season best anime or a "masterpiece", but it has potential to atleast stay good.
Jul 6, 2014 4:30 PM

Jan 2014
7/10
Decent start, felt a bit rushed but then again they need to fill the entire first chapter and they did adapt everything. OP and ED is kind of forgettable unfortunately.... No gore censore thank God.

....Must not take troll bait in this forum....
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens

Jan 2012
YTFry91 said:
Cupquake said:

actually the over arcing plot is basically

Mod Edit: Spoiler tag added
rodacJul 6, 2014 9:37 PM

Nov 2007
Looks to be very promising.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jul 6, 2014 4:31 PM
Jun 2014
Z4k said:
Homm said:

You should probably stop watching anime and go for MLP..

I gave it a 10 for starters cause this is probably the first 1st ep of an anime in a long time I watched like hypnotized.

Well he's not all wrong. Without the gore I doubt it would've been that popular.

Gore usually doesn't effect manga sells that much and the manga is actually one of the more popular series. It has a good story and the members of nightraid all have good personalities, this also is one of the few stories that the characters have good development and change down the line. It should be good as long as they dont change anything from the manga.
May 2014
Ok saying this is better than One Piece and Hunter x Hunter is the biggest joke I've rrad today lmao good job SolviteSekai made me laugh even more.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.

Jan 2012
galimx said:
And later the new squad of enemies become each time stronger and more fucked up. Some random rapist clowns appear. Full cool and edgy!!! The masses will like this, because it appeals to them. People are cheap.

:D
we get it hun you don't like it
Jul 6, 2014 4:34 PM

Jul 2013
YTFry91 said:
I guess I'm the only person who thinks of this as a shounen action series.

^ agree with this

Nice. One of my favourite "fanservice" series is finally beginning. Decent first episode.

Random Anime Blogs | 1 2 3 4
May 2014
I do but I'm realistic when it comes to comparing it with other shows at least. I love Akame ga Kill but at least I can keep my mind tact when it comes to judging it unlike some others who can't keep their reason while hating.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jun 2014
rsc-pl said:
Meh, first drop at this season, animation was pretty good (actually backgrounds, characrers was awful) , audio too, but story doesn't reach me at all, and funny scenes were not funny at all.
The story is good for rpg game, not for tv series.

Try the manga, the story is actually
rsc-pl said:
Meh, first drop at this season, animation was pretty good (actually backgrounds, characrers was awful) , audio too, but story doesn't reach me at all, and funny scenes were not funny at all.
The story is good for rpg game, not for tv series.

Never drop an anime after the first episode. I thought it was a unspoken rule to at least try to watch the first 3 episodes lol. Try the manga though, its farther ahead, read the first 16 chapters, and if you dont like it by then, drop it.
Jul 6, 2014 4:35 PM
Jun 2014
FrancWyvern said:
YTFry91 said:

They are very few 1v1 fights in this series.
Jul 6, 2014 4:36 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That looked solid for a first episode. Let's see if it holds up.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 6, 2014 4:36 PM

Apr 2014
VPedge said:
galimx said:
And later the new squad of enemies become each time stronger and more fucked up. Some random rapist clowns appear. Full cool and edgy!!! The masses will like this, because it appeals to them. People are cheap.

:D

Nobody liked the rapist clown
Jul 6, 2014 4:37 PM

Apr 2014
OP wasn't that great. Decent start and adaptation of chapter 1.
No censorship god bless
Jul 6, 2014 4:38 PM

Jan 2012
Z4k said:
VPedge said:

Nobody liked the rapist clown

Oh i wasn't talking about him but yeah he was just a forced character
Jul 6, 2014 4:39 PM
Apr 2014
Defective_Minus said:
FrancWyvern said:

They are very few 1v1 fights in this series.

There's a couple if i remember right or maybe I'm just thinking about the most recent one.
Jul 6, 2014 4:57 PM

Jun 2010
SolviteSekai said:

Why do you feel emotionally concerned for a girl character who had all of 20 seconds of screen time.

Why not? I like characters like her. Didn't you see how badly she was tortured or are you blind?

SolviteSekai said:
Nobody mattered. Nothing mattered.
Huh? Please refrain from commenting if you can't contribute anything constructive. At least make a proper argument because you are making it too obvious that you are just trolling.

SolviteSekai said:
The villains had no motives. The "heroes" are thieves.

I'm torn between you are a kid or you just want attention by making stupid comments.

SolviteSekai said:
Also why are you thanking White Fox? its because of the network it airs on.
Sure, because Tokyo MX never censored any series right? right?
Jul 6, 2014 4:58 PM

Jan 2013
-MgZ_ said:
SolviteSekai said:

Why do you feel emotionally concerned for a girl character who had all of 20 seconds of screen time.

Why not? I like characters like her. Didn't you see how badly she was tortured or are you blind?

SolviteSekai said:
Nobody mattered. Nothing mattered.
Huh? Please refrain from commenting if you can't contribute anything constructive. At least make a proper argument because you are making it too obvious that you are just trolling.

SolviteSekai said:
The villains had no motives. The "heroes" are thieves.

I'm torn between you are a kid or you just want attention by making stupid comments.

SolviteSekai said:
Also why are you thanking White Fox? its because of the network it airs on.

Characters like her?

She had 3 fucking lines.
Jul 6, 2014 5:00 PM

Dec 2013
SolviteSekai said:
-MgZ_ said:

Characters like her?

She had 3 fucking lines.
I think he's talking about the whole "childhood friend" cliche
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Pages (25) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1370 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

982 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2014

418 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2014

819 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

818 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 5:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.