Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 13, 2023 2:32 PM

Feb 2010
Oof... So they actually go for love triangle route...

Oct 13, 2023 2:43 PM

Dec 2021
I think I'm going to watch this the whole way through, though man... I ain't sure about the whole middle school crush thing. Next episode preview seems to indicate that it won't be as heavy as people here are making it out to be.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Oct 13, 2023 2:44 PM

Aug 2013
Janko said:
Oof... So they actually go for love triangle route...

That was pretty much expected to be honest. The drama is needed to make it interesting. It would get repetitive if it was only about thier innocent dates and showing how cute Runa is.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 13, 2023 3:00 PM
May 2021
This seems better than other Gyaru anime's in terms of plot and story
animation is pretty good
also the guy isn't just constantly thinking about doing "it"
so I ll give this a watch ig
Oct 13, 2023 3:17 PM

Sep 2018
I'm disappointed the author felt they had to throw something so contrived as the "middle school crush" into the mix so quickly.

Is unpopular nerd boy at the apex of a love triangle really where they're going with this, how fucking unique!?

Hope I'm wrong...

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Oct 13, 2023 3:20 PM

Oct 2020
It’s fine. Very typical mono-romance episode with the overly wet protagonist whose name this time is Ryuto. I do kind of like this episode though for including a scene where Runa is clearly delighted at hearing Ryuto gush on about sports cars, which does show that she’s as interested in him as he is in her.

Next week will be interesting seeing as Ryuto’s former crush has transferred in AND he has Runa’s gal pal watching him like a hawk.
Oct 13, 2023 3:22 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
This episode was definitely better than the first one. It had a rough start, but it picked up a bit as it progressed. I'm no high school relationship guru, but I'm pretty sure it is a bad idea to tell your girlfriend that you shouldn't converse with her at school. For someone playing, "The Nice Guy," this dude is pretty unlikable so far. I guess, for some reason, this girl is cool with it. To me, that would be even more of a worrisome sign. At least the date and gifted cellphone cover moments were cute and enjoyable enough to be watchable. Of course, it ends with more red flags when the previous love interest is brought up. I guess we have some rivalry, jealousy, and misunderstandings in our near future.

Don't be fooled, the look of max boredom on my face is simply because the excitement that an anime likes this provides cannot possibly be expressed on a human face.
Oct 13, 2023 3:37 PM
Aug 2020
it was not a bad ep, the guy need self confidence, and the girl is finally learning to do things correctly...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 13, 2023 3:50 PM
Nov 2022
Quite interesting but I don't like that Ryuto is one of those weird guys who throws himself on the floor to be picked up (metaphorically); basically that he constantly puts himself down.
Oct 13, 2023 3:57 PM
Feb 2021
The Opening musically is a banger... visually one of the most boring OPs ive ever seen
Oct 13, 2023 3:59 PM

May 2008
Ohhhh boy...Kurose reeks of another Sumi situation from Rent A Girlfriend. Wonder if it's gonna be a 'oh you're dating the popular girl? i liked you all along so date me instead.' type deal. I need drama!

Oct 13, 2023 4:16 PM

Jul 2019
I think it is natural for the majority of people to feel disgusted by MC's nature. You need to see the world in broader sense, and think that the world is not filled only by people with same trait.

I'm just glad that the MC is not the usual guy who can interact conventionally with other girl, because that's what the majority of romcom MC's doing commonly lol. Looking forward for the chara development.
Oct 13, 2023 4:19 PM
Nov 2022
One of the main reasons I disliked hajimete no gal was due to the annoying friends ,I hope that's not the case here😔
Oct 13, 2023 4:27 PM
Apr 2023
I really enjoyed that scene with the train station, honestly i am really tempted to go for the manga but i will hold off xD
Oct 13, 2023 4:35 PM

Oct 2015
2 episodes in now. And outside of being bait for some toxic discourse, don’t really think it has anything to show for it.

And if I’m keeping track correctly we have 6 named characters with at least 3 being blatantly unappealing. The MC’s “friends” are just kinda dicks. Maria explicitly lead MC on then rejected him, which works fine for a flashback for MC, not as back story for a newly introduced character. And I especially don’t like this if as the OP seems to suggest, this will end up being a love triangle? MC is a wet blanket, far beyond just awkward. Nicole (FMC’s friend) distrusts MC for 0 reason but maybe that can get redeemed. Runa is fine but far from enough to carry the show unfortunately.
Oct 13, 2023 4:52 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to Trezeguett
I'm seriously thinking about dropping this shit.
@Trezeguett See you next week xD
Oct 13, 2023 4:58 PM
Dec 2022
Ryuuto is such a beta atm, but ngl his childhood crush coming in might spice sone things up
Oct 13, 2023 5:02 PM

Apr 2020
YO! Is that a Supra?
Oct 13, 2023 5:12 PM
May 2017
Ryuuto has a serious self-esteem issue but he is honest and is in love with Runa. It is up to Runa to mend the broken Ryuuto to have a decent boyfriend and future husband... who knows?
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Oct 13, 2023 5:14 PM

May 2019
Eh, this episode was maybe a bit better than the first one but the MC is somewhat insufferable and he kind of reminds me of Kazuya. I don't really get Nicole though, if she's protective of Runa against someone harmless like Ryuto, where was she when all the other guys used her?

Anyways, I'm thinking Maria will find out that Ryuta is dating Runa which will suddenly make her interested in Ryuto again. Runa herself sounded like she may still dump Ryuto when she was talking to her friend on the phone. Hopefully this trainwreck will least be entertaining to watch unfold...
Oct 13, 2023 5:18 PM
May 2017
Reply to ThePhilosoph4
YO! Is that a Supra?
@ThePhilosoph4 Yes, sir! A 2020 Toyota GR Supra RZ Horizon Blue Edition.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Oct 13, 2023 5:44 PM

Feb 2019
@_Douma_ the numbers mason
Oct 13, 2023 5:46 PM

Feb 2019
Ah shit Maria is here? This is gonna make things a lot more interesting. I do love runa gradually learning to love herself, but I am a sucker for a good old fashioned love triangle. I really wish Ryuto would stop being so down on himself and putting her on a pedestal. Just be normal. I think runa getting hype about ryuuto gawking over cars was pretty realistic. A lot of girls just love hearing guys talk about what they’re passionate about. If Ryuuto would stop being so pessimistic and self deprecating he would have a much better time. He’s a smart dude with a lot to offer. Don’t sell yourself short
Oct 13, 2023 6:03 PM

Sep 2018
Man, this show is tropey. It's like it's straight out of early 2000s.
Oct 13, 2023 6:05 PM
Oct 2022
Marinate1016 said:
@_Douma_ the numbers mason

its new so not in english yet
Oct 13, 2023 6:57 PM

Apr 2022
insert *is that a supraaaaa* meme. the dialogue in this show was written by AI though, why would you even wanna hear about your bf's past love life so cheerfully lol and the mid animation ain't helping either. can't believe we got a love triangle thing about to kick off already, but like seriously, this guy?

the only part of the episode i didn't have a straight face was when the mc's friends were laying it down on him lmao.
Oct 13, 2023 8:05 PM

Oct 2022
That sports car flirt was awesome dude...and another third wheel...I know we will end up feeling bad for someone by the time this ends.
UndefeatedBahamut
Oct 13, 2023 8:25 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Eh this was ok.

I still can't stand the MC how how worrisome he can be, like the moment where he flipped out cause his text wasnt instantly read came off as pretty cringe.

I can only hope that he becomes a more confident person as the show goes on.
Oct 13, 2023 9:18 PM

Dec 2022
Despite how this started, it looks like this series may be more wholesome than I thought. Looks like things are gonna get interesting
Oct 13, 2023 9:28 PM
Oct 2023
Still don't like the fmc f'd countless guys before the mc but I'll watch it. Plot thickens. I can predict what's gonna happen next pretty easily ngl. I'm going team black hair girl.
Oct 13, 2023 10:08 PM
May 2015
Better than last week at least. Not that that is saying much.
Oct 13, 2023 10:19 PM

Feb 2016
I really want to unpack my thoughts on this episode.

Idk how to feel about Ryuuto, I respect the fact he wants to be a real man and respect her, self-inseting is cringe af but I can't lie I would've picked the same for the 1st date because I'm a boring guy too, so that's all good. But I kinda hate him, he is just waaay too much of a pussy, holy shit, dude can't even talk straight, he is always crying, and it makes me uncomfortable everytime he gets "shocked" because he gasp like a girl, in fact, it feels like he is the girl in this relationship comparing it to almost every other romantic anime, that's so lame it makes me kinda mad. I get that he doesn't have faith in himself but holy shit this is way too much.

Also, what in the holy name of fuck was that dumbass talk about race cars??? Runa thinks she is like a race car??? Ryuuto also thinks she is like a race car??? That had to be one of the absolute dumbest and cringiest "romantic" interaction/talk I've ever seen in my fucking life. We had 0 need to know that this dude gets turn on with cars, fuck.

I like Runa a bit more, but I still think she's a massive idiot, her idea was to get a boyfriend so she can marry him soon like her parents did, so she decided to have sex with anyone who talked nice to her? Nah man, there is no excuse to such stupidity.

One last thing, holy fucking shit I HATE Ryuuto's friends, like, broooooo, did both ugly bastards say even a nerd SHOULD always have a condom with him??? B R U H
But why I really hate them is because they ain't even Ryuuto's friends, they clearly just talk to him because they think he is a lowtier weirdo just like them, that kind of fake ass friendship in anime always makes me so fkng mad, at that point they could be completely removed from this plot and everything would be the same, just change the reason as to why Ryuuto asked Runa to be her girlfriend and that's it.
StallionXDOct 13, 2023 11:50 PM
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Oct 13, 2023 10:20 PM
Oct 2018
solido, me quede con ganas de otro cap
Oct 13, 2023 10:21 PM

Oct 2022
Kurose, it is unfortunate that MC no longer has feeling for her... or maybe there's still a lingering feeling left behind for her.
But, MC is dedicated for Runa now. He wants to bring her happiness.
May Kurose find her happiness too.

Oct 13, 2023 10:39 PM

Nov 2022
This anime is actually showing a lot of promise but why was he so surprised that a boyfriend and girlfriend actually do go on dates? 
Oct 13, 2023 11:19 PM

Oct 2013
First episode was cringe as heck, even if we take into account its introductory character, but this one has beaten it by a huge margin. More wacky situations, with the culmination of them being Ryuuta comparing women to cars (what the hell).

Second episode of this show has surprised me, indeed. I will give its third episode a try as well. I'm curious about the conversation between Ryuuta and Kurose. They haven't seen each other for a while.
Oct 13, 2023 11:25 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
They really have to transfer MC's crush from middle school he just mentioned in this episode to drive the plot. Eh......... Dropped. another bullshit self-insert romcom
Nekko_Khayal88Oct 13, 2023 11:30 PM
Oct 13, 2023 11:35 PM

Oct 2013
StallionXD said:
One last thing, holy fucking shit I HATE Ryuuto's friends, like, broooooo, did both ugly bastards say even a nerd SHOULD always have a condom with him??? B R U H
So if they are not top models then that means they shouldn't care about birth control and be prepared for hypothetical sexual encounter...? What's more, it's a basic thing taught in developed countries, lmao.

StallionXD said:
But why I really hate them is because they ain't even Ryuuto's friends, they clearly just talk to him because they think he is a lowtier weirdo just like them, that kind of fake ass friendship in anime always makes me so fkng mad, at that point they could be completely removed from this plot and everything would be the same, just change the reason as to why Ryuuto asked Runa to be her girlfriend and that's it.
Oof, but his friends are the most realistic thing about this show, lol. You can find that kind of high school students basically all around the world. Their mindset and attitude is also something common, not only among students considered as nerds.
Oct 13, 2023 11:42 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Nekko_Khayal88
They really have to transfer MC's crush from middle school he just mentioned in this episode to drive the plot. Eh......... Dropped. another bullshit self-insert romcom
@Nekko_Khayal88 Yeah, I had a feeling that it could be just one of those "self-insert femcel fantasy" type of stories just after finishing watching the first episode. Conversations I read or participated in afterwards have only assured me that my hunch was correct. A low quality one, if I may add. The second episode was even more cringey than the first one.
Oct 13, 2023 11:44 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to Adnash
StallionXD said:
So if they are not top models then that means they shouldn't care about birth control and be prepared for hypothetical sexual encounter...? What's more, it's a basic thing taught in developed countries, lmao.

StallionXD said:
Oof, but his friends are the most realistic thing about this show, lol. You can find that kind of high school students basically all around the world. Their mindset and attitude is also something common, not only among students considered as nerds.
@Adnash Bro, they are not concerned about birth control or sexual diseases, they just wanna be ready for having sex at any moment, that is fkng pathetic. And being "top model" doesn't have anything to do with it, OOF.

Also, their "friendship" can be realistic, but that doesn't change the fact that it still a fake friendship at it's core and I don't see why I'm wrong for being mad at those 2 annoying fuckers.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Oct 13, 2023 11:53 PM

Jan 2021
I am still stuck on the idea that Runa has 'experience.' I don't mean it as a negative for Runa but because they are both inexperienced at the end of the day. Ruuto has never had a girlfriend, and Runa has never properly dated someone who cared enough.

I liked this episode and am a sucker for a love triangle, so Maria's appearance should make this one somewhat better. Ryuuto is an MC who gets on my nerves because he's the stuttery-shy type that would put any woman on a pedestal as long they gave him a hello, but that is why I'm here for the development of these two.

I will be here next week.

Oct 13, 2023 11:55 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to StallionXD
@Adnash Bro, they are not concerned about birth control or sexual diseases, they just wanna be ready for having sex at any moment, that is fkng pathetic. And being "top model" doesn't have anything to do with it, OOF.

Also, their "friendship" can be realistic, but that doesn't change the fact that it still a fake friendship at it's core and I don't see why I'm wrong for being mad at those 2 annoying fuckers.
StallionXD said:
Bro, they are not concerned about birth control or sexual diseases, they just wanna be ready for having sex at any moment, that is fkng pathetic.
Well, but is it a bad thing to do? If they were to have sex, then contraception is a must, to not end up with unwanted pregnancy or with STD. Plus their advice, although kinda wacky (but not uncommon among guys their age), had some wisdom in it. Instead of falling for the moment and having regrets of not using condoms during the sexual intercourse, it's good for a young man in a relationship to have at least one condom by his side when he goes on a date. Or is invited out of blue to his girlfriend's room (apparently, from what I read, it has way stronger meaning in Japan than in the West).

StallionXD said:
And being "top model" doesn't have anything to do with it, OOF.
You pointed out that they were ugly, though. Top models ain't ugly by general standards, on the contrary.

StallionXD said:
Also, their "friendship" can be realistic, but that doesn't change the fact that it still a fake friendship and I don't see why I'm wrong for being mad at those 2 fuckers.
Ye, I'm not saying that disliking those two lads is bad or something. I wouldn't hang around with them as well. No need to waste time and nerves on such people. Perhaps Ryuuta will be able to meet new people through Runa and her friends, so he will be able to meet real, supportive friends.
Oct 13, 2023 11:55 PM

Oct 2022
The drama has arrived with a bit of trauma..Lets see how this will play out
Oct 14, 2023 12:15 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Ugh the boy MC is so lame and spineless....

Man up a little bit, it's cringey to see he acts embarrassed on everything related to Runa, his own GF.

What kind of boyfriend only want to talk to his gf on weekends and embarrassed to talk to his own gf at school

Runa is so patient having a lame bf like that.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 14, 2023 12:40 AM

Dec 2022
Kurose-san is bad news. His first love vs the cute gyaru - the f'kn dude will be lynched by his friends.
Oct 14, 2023 1:10 AM

Oct 2013
Aye, we can agree that this show is becoming more and more cringey with each episode. I wonder if the third one will be any different. Or even worse than ep. 2, which was more cringey than ep. 1, lol.
Oct 14, 2023 1:11 AM

Oct 2022
Nicole being hyper alert against MC when she was told he is her bestie new boyfriend.
After learning about how many times her bestie had been dumped, it makes sense she finds it hard to acknowledge and approve her bestie's new boyfriend.

Nicole became protective for Runa because of how sweet and naive she is.
It is great to have a friend like Nicole for Runa.
Oct 14, 2023 1:49 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Ryuuto gotta get a new set of friends, they’re so negative and want to pull him down with them. Crabs in a bucket mentality fr.

The shopping moment was nice.

Seeing as how ryuuto’s last crush is now here I just hope we don’t get unnecessary drama/issues. Alas knowing how tropey shows like to be I can expect it to do so.
Oct 14, 2023 2:07 AM

Nov 2022
I'm feeling like the title is quite misleading. They need to say properly what she's experienced in. Because it doesn't look like she ever had any proper dating experience to begin with, other than getting f'ed.
Oct 14, 2023 2:36 AM

Oct 2022
This episode was better than the first. Also that whole sports-car conversation was fuckin' adorable.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

160 by kaneki1231_ »»
39 minutes ago

» This anime destroy the stereotypes about popular girls

passtur - May 12

23 by kaneki1231_ »»
41 minutes ago

Poll: » Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2023

322 by Cauebrs10 »»
Jul 25, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2023

79 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Jul 22, 3:23 PM

» How bad any anime can get?

rishamr - Apr 12

1 by Zarutaku »»
Jun 5, 2:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.