Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 3, 2022 10:13 AM

Jun 2014
Fiona and Loid teaming up for this underground tennis tournament isn't even fair lol, they're destroying the competition with ease. Of course, that's not gonna be the case when up against the children of the guy hosting the tournament, but even with all of the underhanded tactics they're using to cheat, our spy duo seems to be holding it down pretty well.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 3, 2022 10:19 AM
Nov 2021
Amazing episode as always... Only 3 episodes to go.
Dec 3, 2022 10:48 AM

Apr 2022
I love tennis and I love Fiona, so naturally I loved this episode as well.
Dec 3, 2022 10:55 AM

Jul 2022
yAy tennis tournament arc
tenebra is soo cuttee
Dec 3, 2022 11:20 AM

Nov 2016
You gotta love how intense Fiona's feelings are

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 3, 2022 11:28 AM

Nov 2021
That was a great episode, it didn't even feel like 20 min. Honestly the humor has been really great this season, even if it is more SOL focused I still love it. Nightfall's VA is so perfect for her. Also, the animation and direction during the tennis match was awesome!!
Dec 3, 2022 11:30 AM
Jul 2022
I loved this episode
Dec 3, 2022 12:14 PM
Jul 2022
its good continue
Dec 3, 2022 12:26 PM

May 2015
underground tehhis club xD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 3, 2022 12:32 PM
Aug 2015
haha, Loid x Fiona? I can see how some would ship that. They have a pretty deep groove (in Fiona's mind, anyway). Yor's jealousy isn't completely self-interest anymore, and it brings a little tension into the not-relationship that Anya is quick to dispel. I like how all this drama is keeping the series fresh, but I think we need a Yor arc soon.
Dec 3, 2022 12:33 PM

Jul 2022
I´m really not into this whole "Fiona in love with Loid side story". What an annoying character with constantly talking about how she is in love with him. Fair enough, having a crush on someone is natural and it could have even enrich the story, but why does it suddenly feel like they are using it as a filler? frustrating
I was ashamed of myself when I realized life was a costume party, and I attended with my real face. - franz kafka

Dec 3, 2022 12:39 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I can't get enough of Fiona's doki doki/sukiii energy, An intense take on the notice me senpai troupe. Those modified tennis rackets was giving me flashbacks of watching the Tribe Nine anime.
Dec 3, 2022 12:44 PM
Nov 2022
It was good, although now I feel a little sad for Nightfall, it seems that she really loves Twilight but he doesn't reciprocate her, (nor does it seem that he will).
Dec 3, 2022 12:52 PM

Jun 2020
liking Fiona a lot

『歌』
◁  ❚❚  ▷
‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
Dec 3, 2022 12:53 PM

Aug 2022
Having read the related manga chapters, I was looking forward to this episode and I was not disappointed! The match is so entertaining, packed with action while being hilarious at the same time! And I'm not really into sports, but I loved both this and the dodgeball episode with Anya and her school mates! I really like Nightfall too and I can't blame her: I'm falling for Twilight too now! 😍 But I like Yor even more 😛
Dec 3, 2022 1:23 PM

Feb 2022
Without a doubt, Fiona has become my favorite character.
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Dec 3, 2022 1:31 PM

Sep 2014
As I expected, not even the top tier quality of this adaptation was enough to make me enjoy the tennis chapters. I also find Nightfall quite dull, so that definitely doesn't help. I suspect some will enjoy this, but I just can't get into it. Good thing these are the only chapters I found boring.
Dec 3, 2022 1:35 PM

Jan 2021
Sweet animation in this episode. Dang that lady is too crazy for Twilight. Something about Twilight he just attracts monstrous women.
Dec 3, 2022 1:41 PM

Feb 2014
It's certainly fitting to see an underground tennis tournament that throws normal rules into a nearby dustbin and cheating to be the norm here. Either way, Loid and Fiona don their disguises as a married couple (Nice one, Fiona! XD) and called themselves Phony of all names!

Despite the opposition doing what they can to win, Loid and Fiona were very strong. However, they now have a tough battle on their hands against the son and daughter of the event organiser in the finals, where despite trying to gas the changing room earlier, the pair are holding on well, although the jet and whip rackets used by their opponents did cause issues at first.

The animation quality for the tennis matches so far look great and I hope they can deliver more of those moments in the next episode as the final match gets more intense, both in a cheating and non-cheating sense, of course. =P
Dec 3, 2022 2:08 PM

May 2019
Man, I didn't think they would break up the underground tennis tournament into 2 episodes, this was over before I knew it! I said this in the last episode and I'll say it again, without Fiona's inner monologue I would've thought that she didn't like, let alone love, Loid, heck even Loid thought she was staring daggers at him while they were waiting in the room before the final match. I do wonder what Yor will do if she does senses that Fiona likes him next time they're all together.
Dec 3, 2022 2:24 PM

Mar 2010
Twas a real fun tennis match, and damn My heart is going doki doki for agent nightfall in that blonde disguise.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 3, 2022 3:52 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Not long after Fiona’s introduction we’re already entering an arc with her, this time it’s a tennis tournament to win a painting that has a Nazi leader’s secret files, very cool lol. It was really fun watching Fiona and Loid destroy the competition, including retired pros and beefed up steroid bros lol. Of course Fiona is using this opportunity to win Loid’s heart, loved her little imaginations once again, and her stern expression as she thinks “I love you” over and over is still hilarious.

And after having to survive a gas room that would hamper their performance, the two have to go up against the host’s kids who are using really cool modified tennis rackets, I’d like to see an anime like this with over the top tennis stuff lol, which might already exists and I just don’t know about it. After taking a beating and then dishing out a beating, now the duo has to deal with a transforming court, this oughta be intense. I also enjoyed the cuts to Anya and Yor in this one, it was nice of Anya to try and make Yor feel better about the Fiona situation.
Dec 3, 2022 4:06 PM

Sep 2018
Wolson and Babol lol, how deceptive the author is.
Dec 3, 2022 4:20 PM

Dec 2016
In this Underground Tennis, there is no such thing as fair-play. It's insane! Not my favorite kind of episode, but I want Loid and Fiona to beat those spoiled brothers so bad >__> Their mentality is like "Yeah, we'll win for sure. And Daddy will award us with our yacht later" yeah, super spoiled!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 3, 2022 4:21 PM

Feb 2018
Seems like things are getting more tense between Yor and Nightfall.
That was also one hell of an animation for a tennis game.
They really don't miss out on being able to add great animation to things.
Dec 3, 2022 5:36 PM

Jan 2021
Fiona being an literal stalker lmao, she be spying on Loid all the time.

Fiona & Loid get a mission to steal an painting but in order to do that they need to compete in an Tennis match because if you win that then you can choose something from the owners valuable collection.

Fiona & Loid smashed through all the matches without any problems, even those bulky guys lmao and now they reached the final where the children of the boss or something are playing but they're playing falsely but that's allowed or something, they even went so far to put traps in the floors lol, anyhow the match starts and Loid & Fiona loses the first match but they quickly come back after annihilating them, now they are ahead but the cliffhanger got dropped there so i hope they'll win the match.

Funny to see all those animations of Fiona when she played those tennis matches with Loid.

Anya trying to learn Tennis was cute as well, even Bond wanted to play tennis but Yor was spacing out and Anya be like "Don't worry, mother", that was cute.

Yor still worrying about Fiona from a mothers perspective, totally understandable but you'll do great Yor.
Dec 3, 2022 5:51 PM

May 2020
TovarishTony said:
Hitagi__Furude said:
& so,
Hachiman finally managed to play together one by one with the 3 girls in his harem huh!!!

(Technically, he played Pong with Iroha at one point beforehand!!!)

& all of them are coincidentally in handicaps too!!!

(Yukino being tired, Yui being injured & now Iroha with traps all over the place!!!)

I wonder how Yukino & Hachiman trained on tennis together...

Yukino was a monster if they teamed up together!!!

So with all these traps,

Will Iroha ended up getting injured like Yui was???

Maybe Iroha should try her trick that she tried to use to distract Hachiman but she's just too busy imagining doubles of life on Hachiman in another universe. Can't wait for Yor to channel her inner Yukino against Nightfall.

Iroha already did that while theyre playing pong & guess what happened???
I doubt its gonna work on him if she did that again!!!

Yukino is literally a monster in tennis be it in high school or being a housewife!!!
Poor poor Iroha!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Dec 3, 2022 6:01 PM
Nov 2021
tennis episode :D
Dec 3, 2022 6:13 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Oh, are they in a mini tournament arc now? Interestingly unexpected, though they have quite to skills for the task. "Just a dribble", ha, that's so much more.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 3, 2022 6:15 PM
Nov 2022
it was cool seeing them play but ngl Fiona's thoughts make me cringe.

I would also very much like to see a match between Anya and Bond
Dec 3, 2022 6:46 PM

May 2015
This tennis arc is so good, if the author ever decided to make an anime about an anything goes sports tournament, I'd definitely tune into that too. Fiona's inner simp for twilight and outer stoicness had me all smiles this episode too. I like that gag!
Dec 3, 2022 7:00 PM

Aug 2011
Dec 3, 2022 7:12 PM
Jul 2018
I don't know what's more hilarious, the fact that Fiona is sooo down bad or how oblivious/dense Loid is toward her. 😆 Then again I can't blame Loid for not noticing her feelings, she's pretty much impossible to read. A master of keeping a poker face.

The jet-powered racket and the whip racket = awesome concepts! 🤯 It would be cool if Mario Tennis had those!
Dec 3, 2022 7:13 PM

Jan 2022
It's clearly no longer stale, Nightfall makes an insane impression on the anime and it's way more interesting. I'm also pretty sure Wit Studio made this episodel lmao.
I like everything, ok
Dec 3, 2022 7:54 PM

Feb 2021
I loved Yor's little Jig while she panicking around the middle of the episode. Fiona is also the biggest Loid simp. Suki, suki S U K I !
Dec 3, 2022 8:04 PM
Jan 2018
Kinda funny that they introduced a whole new female character before giving Yor any significant screentime. I think Nightfall has received more character development in two episodes than Yor has in almost two seasons.
Dec 3, 2022 8:08 PM

May 2022
Did Fiona just say that out loud? Is this a tennis court confession?

The best line of the series so far belongs to Fiona: "I'm the one who should make him bouncy." How obscene!

I did not care for the tennis tournament in the manga. I felt it was just filler to slow down the main plot. And the tennis arc just went on and on and on... But the anime has done it well, and the underground tournament is entertaining. I hope we get more of Fiona/Nightfall in the future.
OG_OtakuDec 3, 2022 8:21 PM
Dec 3, 2022 8:08 PM

Apr 2015
Is it bad that I like Fiona more than Yor?

Leaving all these thoughts only in her head, though. Ugh...
Dec 3, 2022 8:20 PM

Jan 2011
somehow im enjoying this series more when Yorr isnt involved
Dec 3, 2022 8:28 PM
Nov 2022
Forger Snake in Action

Darraya55Dec 3, 2022 8:35 PM
Dec 3, 2022 8:44 PM

Jul 2015
Well tbh I like Fiona more than Yor. She's composed and badass I like that! Better couple for sure with Loid.
Dec 3, 2022 9:10 PM

Jul 2021
noooooooo not a cliffhanger aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

this episode was extremely well done. felt like a 5 min episode.

nightfall's inner thoughts are funny as heck.

not gonna lie if yor wasn't there, nightfall would have been the next best suitable wife for loid but with yor present now, nightfall doesn't have a chance even though she's great and i'm kinda starting to like her.

5/5 episode. can't wait to watch next ep!

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 3, 2022 9:23 PM

Oct 2019
I wish yor got more time in the show like this as an actual character. As an assassin, she would fuck s l a p at tennis. It really feels like all the tension about her trying to hide her identity is just non existent. How amazing would it be for her to have to join cause she played tennis in school or whatever, and he couldnt find a partner cause his communication lines were sabotaged for whatever reason because yor's brother was catching on down the communication line, so now he has to settle with his only option. and he would have done all this planning to try and carry the whole game and pick up the slack; in planning neglected his practice for the actual game. and as he felt powerless, yor pretty much single handedly carries the game. it really just feels like all the groundwork done for the first season is melted away. yor just isnt a character anymore :c and its a shame, the family dynamic of trying to hide their identities is totally sabotaged. like how AWESOME would it be, if when they through more moments like these slowly found out eachothers identity, they were both finally able to breath and share eachothers secret together, which would inevitably bring them close together in an honest way. Twilight now finally feeling a genuine connection with another human being, he never would have expected to find someone who shared such a deep secret as he did, and relates to her more than anyone in this moment of realization. and that "weakness," actually let twilights identity somewhat fumble so her brother caught on. Like theres so much there, and I can feel that pay off just isnt coming. So sad
FerelimpDec 3, 2022 9:26 PM
Dec 3, 2022 9:37 PM
Nov 2022
Another episode with Fiona, another 10/10 episode. I like this pattern.

Best girl aside, this was just as fantastic as last weeks episode. I love the degasses, I love the entire concept of an entire UNDERGROUND Tennis tournament. Complete with a tournament with lovable and comedic characters, bright and vibrant colours, betting, sabotage, cheap tricks, cool-as-hell gadgets and two cool as hell Spies????
This. Is. SPECTACULAR.

My God this is such a huge step-up from the rather average episodes until now. Fiona really saved the plot, she's carrying literally all of it. I wanna ramble on for hours how good this is, but let's just say I'm STOKED for the next mission.
Dec 3, 2022 9:38 PM
Mar 2015
Not even cheats can beat Nightfall and Twilight
Dec 3, 2022 9:48 PM
May 2016
WatchSymphogear said:
Is it bad that I like Fiona more than Yor?

Leaving all these thoughts only in her head, though. Ugh...

Spme people like pathetic losers. lol she's so cringe

Yor > Fiona

Zackception said:
Well tbh I like Fiona more than Yor. She's composed and badass I like that! Better couple for sure with Loid.

Yor is more badass. I can't wait for Yor to kick her ass next episode. (manga spoiler)

landofthekwt said:
Not even cheats can beat Nightfall and Twilight

Yor can beat them both.
ninka22Dec 3, 2022 9:55 PM
Dec 3, 2022 9:57 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This episode just ended out of nowhere! I was expecting this little tennis arc to last only one episode, but we're going to get at least one more to finish it off; which is totally fine because I'm liking what we're getting.

On a side note, you know the meme of how parents always seem to walk in at the worst possible time while watching anime? Well I thought that by watching something super family-friendly like Spy X FAMILY, I'd be totally safe. And yet somehow my mom walks in at one of the moments where this nightfall chick be f*cking moaning

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 3, 2022 10:37 PM

Dec 2020
ah yes the part that i got bored of in the manga..its finally here. definitely more interesting seeing it animated though. fiona is absolutely crazy
Dec 3, 2022 10:56 PM

Dec 2021
How doesn't anyone notice them cheating, it's so blatant pls
Dec 3, 2022 11:12 PM
Nirai Kanai

Dec 2012
I do like Fiona but Yor will always be day 1, she tries to hard and I love that.

The World Suffused with Sound.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2022

251 by Mat2468xk »»
May 15, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

361 by enessenpai0 »»
May 13, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2022

221 by FoodFan364 »»
May 9, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2022

254 by boumboumboum »»
May 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Dec 17, 2022

256 by enessenpai0 »»
May 7, 7:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.