Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Aug 4, 2021 4:23 AM

Jun 2019
That was some of the worst mix of cgi and animation I've seen and for a penultimate episode it was terrible. I didn't feel invested in any of the fighting and don't care about any of these guys (I do want to see how Sophia came to be as she as, as we see Kumoko protecting her as a baby vamp earlier in the series).

This show started strong, despite the dodgy cgi, but has got progressively weaker. They tried to hide the fact we were watching 2 different time lines at the beginning and that just made things confusing. Kumoko is the central protagonist and the only character i want to see. Any episode without her in it has been a let down imo.

I honestly preferred Kings Raid to this series, although it has had some funny moments, but they were al Kumoko.
Aug 4, 2021 8:12 AM
Jun 2021
23feanor said:
That was some of the worst mix of cgi and animation I've seen and for a penultimate episode it was terrible. I didn't feel invested in any of the fighting and don't care about any of these guys (I do want to see how Sophia came to be as she as, as we see Kumoko protecting her as a baby vamp earlier in the series).

This show started strong, despite the dodgy cgi, but has got progressively weaker. They tried to hide the fact we were watching 2 different time lines at the beginning and that just made things confusing. Kumoko is the central protagonist and the only character i want to see. Any episode without her in it has been a let down imo.

I honestly preferred Kings Raid to this series, although it has had some funny moments, but they were al Kumoko.

They didn't try to hide, it's very clear since episode 9 that there are two timelines. Asking that question again and again after 23 episodes is just stupid.
Aug 4, 2021 8:45 AM

Jun 2019
groudonvert said:
23feanor said:

They didn't try to hide, it's very clear since episode 9 that there are two timelines. Asking that question again and again after 23 episodes is just stupid.

Before ep 9, so the beginning of the series then, as i said. Don't think i've ever mentioned the timeline issue ever before, this is the first time.
Aug 4, 2021 4:30 PM
Jun 2021
23feanor said:
groudonvert said:

Before ep 9, so the beginning of the series then, as i said. Don't think i've ever mentioned the timeline issue ever before, this is the first time.

You can already guess that there are two timelines when Julius go in the Elroe Labyrinth and fight a white spider that is not Kumoko. And besides that, the timelines are not confusing in the beginning when Kumoko is still in the Labyrinth.
Aug 21, 2021 12:19 PM

Sep 2012
HagePotPotato said:
pretty meh to start. douche prince vs lame prince

but then things got much better once douche prince died(?). no spoilers if he actually died or not. i was actually wondering if he was going to turn sides before the one demon illusion thing guy took douche prince down with the sickness

i think that no matter what happens, i'm going to think spooky sophia is a cunt. and if these demon-reincarnates actually gave 2 f's about being good and saving the world, they would tell the "hero" what is actually going on. but they don't, because they enjoy being evil and killing people and causing mayhem. it's so *eye roll*

i think the hero is a satirical take on shonen protagonists. he's lame. he's stupid. he almost always makes the wrong decision. he usually ends up endangering his friends. he's cliche. all that crap. i can't imagine the author actually wants you to be a hero fan. if that were the case, spider girl wouldn't exist. she's the protagonist. the hero is just a side character

speaking of spider girl - if she's the white demon underling - she actually spoke! but does she not open her eyes?

now back to the hero. lmao at anyone thinking he could defeat the demon lord when he can't even defeat the demon lord's henchmen hahaha

idk if the elves are bad or not, but i thought it was whack that they had that technologically advanced command center. and then they brought out all those mechas... sigh, that's really lame. i hope there's a good explanation for it...

actually saving the world has always been on Kumoko (white spider girl's) mind, she gained knowledge about the world the truth and later decided to join the demonlord after their fight, i mean that makes it obvious who the badguys are
Sugram22Aug 21, 2021 12:54 PM
Sep 18, 2021 1:10 AM

Jul 2015
Futile battle of our hero Shun and his squad against the more powerful Negishi and Kyouya.

Curious to see how they are going to end the season.

Nov 10, 2021 10:53 AM
Mar 2019
Just make Shun die please, he is so cringy and disgusting.
Apr 3, 2022 8:02 PM
Jul 2018
Shun, despite havung his biological brother killed by Kyoya, still cared for Kyoya.

Also, Kumoko didn't show up in this episode qwq
May 11, 2022 12:27 PM
Jun 2021
nanajp said:
Shun, despite havung his biological brother killed by Kyoya, still cared for Kyoya.

Kyouya didn't kill his brother. Future Kumoko did.
May 11, 2022 6:08 PM
Jul 2018
groudonvert said:
nanajp said:

I didn't read the Light Novel before when I watched this anime. Forgive my past self for not knowing. But I don't recall this being shown in the anime, so maybe what you said could be spoilers for anime watchers?
Jul 16, 2022 4:07 AM
Jul 2022
Great episode and loved it
Jul 31, 2022 7:46 AM
Jun 2021
nanajp said:
groudonvert said:

I didn't read the Light Novel before when I watched this anime. Forgive my past self for not knowing. But I don't recall this being shown in the anime, so maybe what you said could be spoilers for anime watchers?

Julius's death is shown in episode 11. Episode 24 reveals that she's the MC in the future.
Feb 19, 2023 1:22 AM
Mar 2022
Not a bad episode. However, there is one thing that bothers me the most which is the animation. What the hell happened to the animator??

Feb 28, 2023 11:59 AM
Jan 2023
Amazing CG, best CG ever
Jun 24, 2023 9:38 AM
May 2023
It's Amazing, also i think it's very underappreciated i mean i suppose people don't think that i would be great cause of the whole spider thing BUT YOUR WRONG its one of my favourite anime out there and I'm really begging for a season 2 which i don't often feel that way when there hasn't been any response on one but for this one im literally going to lose it if they say there's no season 2.
Nov 17, 2023 5:33 PM

Nov 2019
I hate when an ep doesn't have Kumo =="
I said it before and I will say it again the hero sucks, this dude is a loser and so embarrassing to watch.
Sophia is awesome, it's obvious she is holding back so she won't kill them but they still don't get it
I'm already on the demon's side so I believed them when they said the elves are liars they must be up to something.
Elyon_HolicNov 18, 2023 1:13 PM
Dec 16, 2023 8:00 AM

Nov 2023
WELL GADDAMN, this episode was really good. SO many new info on interesting things
Jan 31, 11:28 AM

Mar 2015
I dont know how I managed to not find the hero annoying until now. He's so bland.

His cliche'd personality is starting to get boring and irritating.

We'll finally be able to see MC's human form next episode!
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

140 by Psicrom »»
May 26, 7:30 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

370 by Youtube_Zero »»
May 9, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2021

138 by LunaInkChan »»
Apr 26, 11:17 PM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.