Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (77) « First ... « 64 65 [66] 67 68 » ... Last »
May 25, 2017 7:00 AM

Aug 2010
of course we might be like pep and have 80% of the ball and lose.

May 25, 2017 8:27 AM

Nov 2015
I can't believe all we have left is the FA Cup and Champions league finale and it's off for almost two months....season flew by.
May 25, 2017 9:46 AM

Nov 2011
and the final player from the league 1 promotion season has left the club (Jose Semedo aka Ronaldo's best mate) suppose thats the end of us getting Real in preseason then
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
May 25, 2017 2:07 PM

Apr 2013
gallivant said:
Leeds have like 2 good players. Without Wood where would hav they finished last season?

Just seen Farke's first interview. Softly spoken bloke with the face of a man that could kill an alligator with his bare hands. German so the English language was never going to be an issue.

Should be a fun few weeks.

The only other good player imo being Rob Green believe it or not. He's had a cracking season and without him and Wood's goals they'd probably be lower mid table to relegation shithouses. That Jansson who got in team of the year is a bit overrated
May 25, 2017 3:28 PM

Aug 2010
Just Hoolahan and Martin left from our season in league 1. Wes was actually signed in the relegation season, so 17/18 will be his testimonial year. Don't get that much nowadays.

Martin will probably talk his way into another long term contract this season.
May 25, 2017 3:38 PM

Apr 2013
Nobody in our squad from league 1 days. There's word somewhere that we're interested in resigning Smithies though
May 26, 2017 2:45 AM

Aug 2010
Apparently Talksport were having a go at Norwich this morning for hiring a foreign coach when there are brits like Tim Sherwood, ryan giggs and Alex McCleish just sitting around. Honestly, the show that regularly wanks over Klopp, Mourinho, Konte and Pep is having a go at us for trying something different for the first time in our history.

The clip also mentioned 'our blokes' not getting jobs on the continent. I wonder why.
May 26, 2017 3:00 AM

Apr 2013
Talksport is basically just Adrian Durham and Alan Brazil and sometimes Darren Gough (cricketer why) purposely trying to wind listeners of different clubs up so much so that they phone up to kick off and "create a show". Literally Talkshite
May 26, 2017 3:04 AM

Nov 2011
nice to know no one likes talksport then
SWFC

May 26, 2017 3:07 AM

Aug 2010
Also sticking up for friends it seems.

There is a point there though. If even clubs like Noriwch are taking the continental approach then British managers are going to have to change their methods.
May 26, 2017 3:09 AM

Apr 2013
To be fair what I said about them arguing to create a show, Robbie Savage does/did that a fair bit on 5Live (don't listen to it so much anymore)
May 26, 2017 3:28 AM

Nov 2011
everyones getting on the foreigner train now...Carlos was our first non Brit as well
SWFC

May 26, 2017 3:36 AM
Jul 2018
So apparently Bernardo Silva has signed for Manchester city. Should be a great signing tbh
May 26, 2017 5:09 AM

Apr 2014
Pep isn't fucking around. What a great signing.
May 26, 2017 5:52 AM

Aug 2010
Bit expensive for a women's super league transfer.
May 26, 2017 8:23 AM
May 26, 2017 8:25 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
May 26, 2017 8:27 AM

May 2017
Milan is returning to Europe.
Kawaii,Kaori !
May 26, 2017 8:32 AM
Jul 2018

This is the first thing I heard about this guy since Bale's departure to Madrid. He was a decent back.
May 26, 2017 8:36 AM

Aug 2010
pretty sure that guy has gone on record about not actually caring about football before. might not be fake news.
May 26, 2017 8:52 AM

Jun 2012
BAE is bae. He wore cheap eBay shoes because he considered sponsorship a form of prostitution.

Anyways if this is true 'Arry will have to settle for Kranjčar and maybe Bent.
May 26, 2017 12:07 PM

Nov 2016
So, according to Spanish Newspaper AS, FIFA is considering to abandon the Confederations Cup in favor of a "Super" Club World Cup held every two years. It would involve 16-24 Teams with the possibility of the last 2 Champions League and Europa League winners go to the tournament (Should it be 24 teams). Would be held during the summer. The teams would be 4 groups of 4 if it's 16 teams, 8 groups of 3 if it's 24 teams.

What do you guys think about this proposal?

Edit: Here's the source of this news- http://us.as.com/us/2017/05/25/futbol/1495729274_100781.html

"Estamos en la mierda joder" -DJMaRiiO
May 26, 2017 1:38 PM

Feb 2012
JogaBenito said:
Milan is returning to Europe.

This is what we've been waiting for.
May 26, 2017 1:54 PM

May 2017
@Ramkec
The kings are back to conquer the Europe.(Europa League) for now.
Kawaii,Kaori !
May 26, 2017 2:09 PM

Mar 2016
JogaBenito said:
@Ramkec
The kings are back to conquer the Europe.(Europa League) for now.

Lol not until players like Nesta, Maldini, pirlo, kaka, Schevchenko, Seedorf, and Cafu come back. Heck i'd even put Inzaghi the offside boy lol . The team needs a reform badly.
May 26, 2017 2:18 PM

May 2017
Yes, and now they have the money to do so...
Kawaii,Kaori !
May 26, 2017 6:13 PM

Nov 2011
no ones gonna go to italian league fucking shit innit.....tfw u have to care about other leagues
SWFC

May 27, 2017 12:48 AM

Aug 2013
JogaBenito said:
Yes, and now they have the money to do so...

It takes time though for Milan to climb back to their glory days,even if you have a shit ton of money. But you are making moves in the right direction.
May 27, 2017 4:02 AM

May 2017
Milan is Life. Milan is Love.
The true kings of Europe.
@earnshaw30 I suspect you are english...
Kawaii,Kaori !
May 27, 2017 4:03 AM
Jul 2018
City is apparently getting Ederson too, holy fuck they are busy. Really excited what squad they will put up for this summer.
May 27, 2017 4:23 AM

Aug 2010
Italian football is a mess financially and on the pitch. Do hope it gets it's identity back.
May 27, 2017 4:30 AM

Nov 2011
JogaBenito said:
Milan is Life. Milan is Love.
The true kings of Europe.
@earnshaw30 I suspect you are english...

let me off mate i was intoxicated when i wrote that
SWFC

May 27, 2017 4:52 AM

Aug 2010
our new ass man is pretty handsome for a 12 year old.

May 27, 2017 5:46 AM

Feb 2012
Frostbytes said:
City is apparently getting Ederson too, holy fuck they are busy. Really excited what squad they will put up for this summer.

Still even after 5 new signings Pep is way too smart and intellectual to actually win anything in the PL or Europe lol.
May 27, 2017 8:00 AM
Jul 2018
Ramkec said:
Frostbytes said:

Still even after 5 new signings Pep is way too smart and intellectual to actually win anything in the PL or Europe lol.

It's not as if new signings will guarantee you title always, focus should be on weaker areas. I remember city already won the title in September when they amassed a huge gap in top of table but people didn't notice their aging fullbacks. They have a deep hole in defence which they will mend in summer I guess, we will see then.

Guardiola's system needs time to adapt and he has proved himself by that winning a lot of titles, it's not his Barca team where he can just cherry pick top academy players and rule his authority since he came up from B team or bayern team where you already have a team in place. Both Mou and pep will have a crunch testing season this time. I am sure both will have better seasons than Klopp and Arsene tho just like this one.
removed-userMay 27, 2017 8:09 AM
May 27, 2017 8:23 AM

Feb 2012
Frostbytes said:
Ramkec said:

It's not as if new signings will guarantee you title always, focus should be on weaker areas. I remember city already won the title in September when they amassed a huge gap in top of table but people didn't notice their aging fullbacks. They have a deep hole in defence which they will mend in summer I guess, we will see then.

Guardiola's system needs time to adapt and he has proved himself by that winning a lot of titles, it's not his Barca team where he can just cherry pick top academy players and rule his authority since he came up from B team or bayern team where you already have a team in place. Both Mou and pep will have a crunch testing season this time. I am sure both will have better seasons than Klopp and Arsene tho just like this one.

Yeah I think its just the players' fault cause they can't understand Pep's next level intellectual tactics.

Meanwhile Wenger's tactics for the FA cup be like:

Just cut them up its the end of the season anyways.
May 27, 2017 8:33 AM
Jul 2018
Ramkec said:
Frostbytes said:

Yeah I think its just the players' fault cause they can't understand Pep's next level intellectual tactics.

Well he will just weed out those who don't fit into his system, zaba, Iheanacho, Navas etc. It worked for Barca where he snobbed superstar players and won treble, will it work here? Who knows man, he will be gone at the end of this season if they win nothing, same goes for Mourinho, they are certainly not kind like arsenal board.
May 27, 2017 8:44 AM

Feb 2012
Frostbytes said:
Ramkec said:

Who knows man, he will be gone at the end of this season if they win nothing, same goes for Mourinho, they are certainly not kind like arsenal board.

Noooooooooo don't remind me.

Tbh I'm kinda split on tonight's final, it'd be nice to win another FA cup and have the most in PL, and then again its be nice to lose too as maybe there'll be more chance for them to finally let Wenger go.
May 27, 2017 8:47 AM
Jul 2018
Ramkec said:
Frostbytes said:

Who knows man, he will be gone at the end of this season if they win nothing, same goes for Mourinho, they are certainly not kind like arsenal board.

Noooooooooo don't remind me.

Tbh I'm kinda split on tonight's final, it'd be nice to win another FA cup and have the most in PL, and then again its be nice to lose too as maybe there'll be more chance for them to finally let Wenger go.

I am betting on you guys getting smashed 3-0 today and Wenger announcing 2 years contract
May 27, 2017 9:10 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Meanwhile Celtic completing a domestic treble and a whole season without defeat in any competition bar the champions league. Injury time winner in the cup final too

Scotland really is a one-team country nowadays :s
May 27, 2017 9:13 AM

Aug 2010
Scottish football is disgusting. Celtic have a few good players but most of that squad is Championship/League 1 tier.
May 27, 2017 9:41 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
aaand we also have immediate FA Cup drama

not sure if that was a handball or not but it certainly wasn't offside at least
May 27, 2017 9:47 AM
Jul 2018
HaXXspetten said:

Lol seriously? it's offside because Ramsey went for the ball that is interfering with the play, that's what the rule says
May 27, 2017 9:51 AM
Jul 2018
Also fuking blatant handball, epl refs are joke. Arsenal's fa cup god is working
May 27, 2017 9:56 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Frostbytes said:
HaXXspetten said:

Lol seriously? it's offside because Ramsey went for the ball that is interfering with the play, that's what the rule says
Yeah but he stopped well before reaching the ball and held up his hands to clearly indicate that he's not going for it. It's only offside if you're actively interfering with play. You're not interfering if you're not affecting the path of the ball or the run of any other player. The fact that the Chelsea players just stopped playing prematurely is their own fault

I guess you could maybe argue he was blocking Courtois' line of sight for trying to save the shot in which case it'd be interference in that sense, but he looked to be more off to the side to me

On the other hand, it did look like handball to me in the first incident, though I didn't get a good replay shot of it
May 27, 2017 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
HaXXspetten said:
Frostbytes said:

Yeah but he stopped well before reaching the ball and held up his hands to clearly indicate that he's not going for it. It's only offside if you're actively interfering with play. The fact that the Chelsea players just stopped playing prematurely is their own fault

I guess you could maybe argue he was blocking Courtois' line of sight for trying to save the shot in which case it'd be interference in that sense, but he looked to be more off to the side to me

On the other hand, it did look like handball to me in the first incident, though I didn't get a good replay shot of it

if Ramsey isn't there Courtois would easily be able to run out and pick up the ball before Sanchez gets there, he might be standing still but Ramsey has influenced what the keeper did. Clear offside, affecting the play, getting your hands up won't help. He takes about 4 strides towards the ball and shapes to shoot. He doesn't have to touch the ball to be active. Regardless it's a handball anyway

Here is the replay thread https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/6dompl/alexis_sanchez_goal_against_chelsea_10/
removed-userMay 27, 2017 10:03 AM
May 27, 2017 10:11 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Frostbytes said:
HaXXspetten said:
Yeah but he stopped well before reaching the ball and held up his hands to clearly indicate that he's not going for it. It's only offside if you're actively interfering with play. The fact that the Chelsea players just stopped playing prematurely is their own fault

if Ramsey isn't there Courtois would easily be able to run out and pick up the ball before Sanchez gets there, he might be standing still but Ramsey has influenced what the keeper did. Clear offside, affecting the play, getting your hands up won't help. He takes about 4 strides towards the ball and shapes to shoot. He doesn't have to touch the ball to be active. Regardless it's a handball anyway

Here is the replay thread https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/6dompl/alexis_sanchez_goal_against_chelsea_10/
Ehh idk, I don't really agree. Ramsey and Sanchez are basically at the same point when the ball actually lands and at that point Courtois is still about two meters away or so and not coming out particularly fast. Pretty sure Sanchez would've still gotten there first regardless. I think the bigger question is rather what "actively interfering with play" means in a literal sense; I mean the Chelsea players all kinda stopped playing because they assumed Ramsey would keep going for it in which case it would've been offside. Calling that interference is a bit dumb to me; the responsibility then should lie with the defending team to keep playing until the whistle is blown. If Ramsey hadn't been there that surely wouldn't have been a goal, but that's just a direct result of the Chelsea defenders misreading the situation rather than Ramsey doing anything wrong if you ask me

Though situations like this do kinda make you wish these kinds of rules were a bit less vague at times

PS: And no I'm not an Arsenal fan, that's just my view on it
May 27, 2017 10:16 AM

Jul 2014
Arsenal should be 4-0 up by now. Looks like they will be regretting their chances
May 27, 2017 10:21 AM
Jul 2018
HaXXspetten said:
Frostbytes said:

Ehh idk, I don't really agree. Ramsey and Sanchez are basically at the same point when the ball actually lands and at that point Courtois is still about two meters away or so and not coming out particularly fast. Pretty sure Sanchez would've still gotten there first regardless. I think the bigger question is rather what "actively interfering with play" means in a literal sense; I mean the Chelsea players all kinda stopped playing because they assumed Ramsey would keep going for it in which case it would've been offside. Calling that interference is a bit dumb to me; the responsibility then should lie with the defending team to keep playing until the whistle is blown. If Ramsey hadn't been there that surely wouldn't have been a goal, but that's just a direct result of the Chelsea defenders misreading the situation rather than Ramsey doing anything wrong if you ask me

Though situations like this do kinda make you wish these kinds of rules were a bit less vague at times

PS: And no I'm not an Arsenal fan, that's just my view on it

The rules:

"A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate
as it's differentiating playing as making a move towards the ball (given it mentions 'touching')"

True Chelsea players shouldn't have stopped there and no excuse there but it has been already a handball and offside imo. Also, it doesn't matter who would have reached first, Ramsey positioned himself for a volley and I can argue Courtois would have reached there faster and claims before Sanchez.

Anyway it's a handball in first place so whatever
May 27, 2017 10:31 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Yeah it was definitely handball. Though Arsenal have been by far the better team and probably deserve to be more like 2-0 or 3-0 up at this point; just perhaps in a slightly less controversial way

Not sure what Chelsea are doing though. They look like a different team from normal
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (77) « First ... « 64 65 [66] 67 68 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.