Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Dec 30, 2013 4:55 AM

Jan 2011
gochinboy said:
-ZET- said:

I like your opinion.. your explanation is more reasonable.. #thumbs.up for you zet.. ^_^

You really need to go watch True Tears if you think this crap is anything even near masterpiece level. Its way better and even so I wont consider it masterpiece. Now if you watch Toradora too, that might be a closer one. Hell even the underrated Kimi ga Nozomu Eien is a masterpiece compared to this nonsense cliche shit.
Dec 30, 2013 4:56 AM

Feb 2010
FishTaco said:
MgMaster said:
In a way,I don't blame some people here.They've gotten too used to the abundance of average "romance" animes we've been getting over the past few years where a "good" character has to be a one-dimensional stereotype.WA2's characters are complex and trying to understand them is waaaaaayyy better than getting on your high horse,pointing fingers left & right and saying how Haruki should've done this,Setsuna should've done that,etc.You guys have to remember that it's their 1st time experiencing this and they don't have any role models to give them advice on how to handle relationships.They're completely on their own which is,IMO,another very enjoyable aspect of this show.There's zero spoon-feeding here and neither Haruki,Kazusa nor Setsuna have the neccessary experience to deal with these things.They have to learn through trial & error.

Thing is,it's not really hard to understand them either once you try.To me,insisting on putting the blame on either of them & bash them constantly takes away from the overall enjoyment of this great show.Don't try to look at WA2 with through the same lanes as you'd look at your usual highschool romance,even some of the decent one sout there,where selfless characters are abundant.Try to see things from their perspective,not yours.The writer even gave us a helping hand with that in showing certain important events in flashbacks in the latter episodes instead of showing them in the exact same episode that they took place.

okay let's see it from their perspective
Haruki: I think with my penis.
Touma: wtf life is unfair, how did you not know I loved you. OH WAIT I was tsundere for my entire life.
Setsuna: Shit you cheated on me Haruki. Not your fault though. I apologize. I'm a conniving whore. LET'S BE FRIENDS FOREVER lol wut

How do people even find this realistic

Your description of Haruki is quite realistic though.
Dec 30, 2013 5:00 AM

Aug 2008
kaimax said:
jiraiya_sensei said:
PS: People are being too hard on Touma.

PS:You guys are too soft on her.

More like they just don't know the rest of the story so they don't really know what kind of person she is.

I mean to be honest, I thought she was the most reasonable at this point too, but later on...well everything changed.

You must admit that kazusa doesnt have a father and her mom care for her very little she doesnt have a normal loving family and that contribute alot to her 'socially retardness'

And this come from me who doesnt have a father and I must admit that it is very hard for me to socialize ;)

But what I'm trying to say is despite all the flaw of touma and haruki everything would have work out fine with both of them if there is no third person who knows that they are secretly in love and still pry her way in the middle
I view this act as disrespectful and a modest girl should have not committed it.... Sry for my bad English

It's well justified why she is a social retard, and true what Setsuna did was pretty bad. Hence why the ending happened the way it happened and she got severely hurt from it. So yeah...it's not like she didn't have any consequences for her actions.

You really need to go watch True Tears if you think this crap is anything even near masterpiece level. Its way better and even so I wont consider it masterpiece. Now if you watch Toradora too, that might be a closer one. Hell even the underrated Kimi ga Nozomu Eien is a masterpiece compared to this nonsense cliche shit.

While I agree WA2 is no masterpiece, it's still a good piece of work. The problem with TT is that the characters and love triangle is handled incredibly poorly. Sure they are complex, but the execution of said characters is a bit much to believe at times. In WA2 It's pretty easy to see why Kazusa/Setsuna like Haruki and why he likes both of them, as both have chemistry with the main lead. However Hiromi and Shin basically have nothing, yet they expect us to just believe it because they are "in love".

Kimi ga nozumu eien....

hyperknees91Dec 30, 2013 6:17 AM
Dec 30, 2013 5:17 AM

Jun 2008
swn32 said:
But of course, you will arrogantly call them shippers or biased pricks or whatever elitist term you can think of.

Yes, because they are shippers/Biased pricks/ or whatever elitist term that I can think of. Unhappy with that? Feel free to go.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Dec 30, 2013 5:34 AM
Mar 2012
kaimax said:

Yes, because they are shippers/Biased pricks/ or whatever elitist term that I can think of. Unhappy with that? Feel free to go.

It's funny how you claim to understand these vn characters so well, yet you utterly fail to understand real people. That's a whole new level of fail.
Dec 30, 2013 5:37 AM

Aug 2008
swn32 said:
kaimax said:

It's funny how you claim to understand these vn characters so well, yet you fail to understand real people. That's a whole new level of fail.

Well when people are just going to judge the characters without even trying to understand them, then it's difficult to hold much discussion otherwise.
Dec 30, 2013 5:41 AM
Mar 2012
hyperknees91 said:

Well when people are just going to judge the characters without even trying to understand them, then it's difficult to hold much discussion otherwise.

You are generalizing here. Not everyone here refuses to understand the characters. Some of us do. That doesn't change the fact that people have different value system. Hence stupid name calling like shipper or prick is more non-constructive to the discussion. This isn't a courtroom where we are supposed to objectively judge characters (if that is even possible). Hence personal biases will always affect their judgement.
Dec 30, 2013 5:41 AM
Mar 2013
gochinboy said:
-ZET- said:

I like your opinion.. your explanation is more reasonable.. #thumbs.up for you zet.. ^_^
yep totaly agree
Dec 30, 2013 6:09 AM

Aug 2008
swn32 said:
hyperknees91 said:

You are generalizing here. Not everyone here refuses to understand the characters. Some of us do. That doesn't change the fact that people have different value system. Hence stupid name calling like shipper or prick is more non-constructive to the discussion. This isn't a courtroom where we are supposed to objectively judge characters (if that is even possible). Hence personal biases will always affect their judgement.

True enough. I guess it's more like it seems a lot of people refuse to understand that this really can't just be blamed on one person. Though you are correct that different actions have different values. Hence my irrational hatred for Kazusa haha.
Dec 30, 2013 6:29 AM

Oct 2011
AlexGK said:

"nonsense cliche shit", show me 10 romances anime where the characters actually show their feelings, betray and sacrifice themselves for their friendship and even have SEX, them I might understand what you meant by cliche shit.

Not sure if troll, but you saying that Toradora, where the characters never confess and just stay shy the entire time is better than the "true feelings" that WA2 has, than I really don't know anymore, heck I don't even consider Toradora as a romance.

I have seen True Tears, it is really beautiful, but I felt that something was missing there.

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, haven't watched it yet, so can't really comment.

Watch Kimi no Iru Machi and you'll see what i'm talking about(yes i have knowledge that the anime is different than the manga, but you still get the feelings of the characters).

The thing is that people just refuse to see how realistic the events of WA2 is;
Like what Setsuna did(screwing her best friend for her love)I can see that happening every time if you know how twisted the world is.
Touma sacrificing herself for the best of them(like I said, I myself do that a lot),not everyone is selfish enough to the point to not care a bit about their friends you know?
Haruki not deciding which one he wants, not because he's confused, he just don't want to hurt Setsuna/Touma.
Again the same case as Touma, you have to be really selfish to think that is impossible.

You guys are too harsh on them, thinking "JESUS CHRIST, JUST GO FOR IT" have you even considered that some people don't have the confidence that you might have?
Dec 30, 2013 6:38 AM

Jan 2011
hyperknees91 said:

While I agree WA2 is no masterpiece, it's still a good piece of work. The problem with TT is that the characters and love triangle is handled incredibly poorly. Sure they are complex, but the execution of said characters is a bit much to believe at times. In WA2 It's pretty easy to see why Kazusa/Setsuna like Haruki and why he likes both of them, as both have chemistry with the main lead. However Hiromi and Shin basically have nothing, yet they expect us to just believe it because they are "in love".

Kimi ga nozumu eien....

Who cares about the ending in these kinds of stories? Triangles are a part of the genre for a reason - to create drama, right? So no matter what someone will be hurt in the end. If you are not OK with that you are watching the wrong genre.
A masterpiece show would reqire at least somewhat unique characters, at least somewhat unique plausable story, decent and relevant supports and good music. Of all this we have only the music here.
Touma acts as the most typical retarded tsundere there is. She has absolutely no reason to hide her feelings, unlike Hiromi for example. You know, happiness is rarely served on a plate. Act like her and wonder why you stay in your corner all day long. People rarely can read minds and the one who can, wont put up with it on the long run.
Setsuna knows her only chance is to get Haruki before he and Touma somehow manage to understand eachother. She KNOWS this, yet she insists on dragging Touma along. How the hell is that not retarded? How is this plausable? Am I supposed to feel sorry for a girl that can literally have any other boy she wants being miss school? And she wants Haruki no less. The support males are more intresting and plausable as he is, damn it.
I wont comment on Haruki anymore. A sad excuse of a male lead, we have seen this type over and over again. Nothing new here, move along.

As for the chemistry... hell if I see any here. Haruki attracts the girls simply cose the author says so. So yea, great storytelling and character development here. Pfff...

PS: Bua, might as well reduce the final score too. 5/10 feels overrated to me now. Down to 4/10. Ill simply get a hold of the OST and be happy with it.
AlexGKDec 30, 2013 6:50 AM
Dec 30, 2013 6:55 AM

Aug 2008
Well basically not just that

Though I can see where you are coming from. Unlike Takayuki, Haruki doesn't have a good reason for being so idiotic (as much as people blame Takayuki, it would be veryyyy difficult to be in his shoes). Same with the other girls really and we are just kinda expected to believe it. I know real people can act like this, but just expecting the audience to buy it is a bit much and really isn't good writing. I'll agree that Hiromi is a better character then either Setsuna and Kazusa, I just wish the show...made me believe their romance a little more (but I can see the show was just saying that feelings are already there and established).

That's one of the things I really can't stand about Kazusa. She is the very embodiment of "Oh woe is me" when most of the problems she has are just because she won't make a move...for reasons.

Setsuna on the other hand...she's just insane. She's so naive as to try and keep them together but we were never a good reason why she wants this to be so strongly. Also she stays with Haruki despite his betrayal. Much like woman who stay with their abusive husbands, it's just pure insanity.

So yeah...I can't really argue with your points quite honestly.
hyperknees91Dec 30, 2013 7:00 AM
Dec 30, 2013 7:09 AM

Jan 2011
-ZET- said:
AlexGK said:

"nonsense cliche shit", show me 10 romances anime where the characters actually show their feelings, betray and sacrifice themselves for their friendship and even have SEX, them I might understand what you meant by cliche shit.

Not sure if troll, but you saying that Toradora, where the characters never confess and just stay shy the entire time is better than the "true feelings" that WA2 has, than I really don't know anymore, heck I don't even consider Toradora as a romance.

I have seen True Tears, it is really beautiful, but I felt that something was missing there.

Watch Kimi no Iru Machi and you'll see what i'm talking about(yes i have knowledge that the anime is different than the manga, but you still get the feelings of the characters).

Like what Setsuna did(screwing her best friend for her love)I can see that happening every time if you know how twisted the world is.
Touma sacrificing herself for the best of them(like I said, I myself do that a lot),not everyone is selfish enough to the point to not care a bit about their friends you know?
Haruki not deciding which one he wants, not because he's confused, he just don't want to hurt Setsuna/Touma.
Again the same case as Touma, you have to be really selfish to think that is impossible.

You guys are too harsh on them, thinking "JESUS CHRIST, JUST GO FOR IT" have you even considered that some people don't have the confidence that you might have?

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, go watch it now. Reading your post - you will love it. It has sex it has sacrifice it has drama. And it also has reason. Its the only show I can think of where I cant decide what I would do if I was any of the 3 mains. And the supports for that matter. Yea, they count and actually matter there.

Torradora, hmm, what to comment here... you say there were no confessions, yet there were plenty. And if you mean Minori/Ami you clearly missed the point of the show. Rewatch? Cant believe you hate on Setsuna and still want their confessions. Ami>>>Setsuna I wont speak for Minori.

I have watched Kimi no iru Machi, I even still read the manga (though, now its pure shit to be fair, it went far into the horny ero department, might as well watch/read hentai lol). I liked the adapted story though. But that show had really terrible animation and god damn it the art was pure shit too. Looked like the anime team was drawing it with their feet ffs... the OVAs were way better. But yea, a show also needs to be animated properly to be considered masterpiece in my book.

As for the rest of your post... What Setsuna tried to do is completely fine and I admire it. She fought to be happy, and believe me, in reality if a girl like her is set to get under your skin she can do it and you will be happy. You wont even remember your tsundere crush after a year. But she also insisted on keeping Touma around, ot of guilt or pure stupidity I dont know, but here is where reality fades. Noone in their right mind will do this. Reality check pls. And, as the story uses this shit as the ground to build its drama, no just no.
Touma - her being stupid tsundere creates the usual mess, and then im supposed to feel for her "sacrifice"? In reality you would have never needed that, nor would you even know about it if Setsuna was acting even remotely realistic.
Haruki - you dont do that in the airport scene. You simpy dont. Get real.

PS:Maybe watch Suzuka - while nothing great that show will forever remain with its slogan "Love is not a spectators sport".
AlexGKDec 30, 2013 7:44 AM
Dec 30, 2013 7:22 AM
Dec 2013
AlexGK said:
-ZET- said:
AlexGK said:

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, go watch it now. Reading your post - you will love it. It has sex it has sacrifice it has drama. And it also has reason. Its the only show I can think of where I cant decide what I would do if I was any of the 3 mains. And the supports for that matter. Yea, they count and actually matter there.

Torradora, hmm, what to comment here... you say there were no confessions, yet there were plenty. And if you mean Minori/Ami you clearly missed the point of the show. Rewatch?

I have watched Kimi no iru Machi, I even still read the manga (though, now its pure shit to be fair, it went far into the horny ero department, might as well watch/read hentai lol). I liked the adapted story though. But that show had really terrible animation and god damn it the art was pure shit too. Looked like the anime team was drawing it with their feet ffs... the OVAs were way better. But yea, a show also needs to be animated properly to be considered masterpiece in my book.

I agree with u white album 2 is a piece of garbage that has forced drama and shitty characters

Golden time is masterpiece and has interesting characters like for example Linda, i mean that girl just fucking PLAY with Banri, fuck her.
Dec 30, 2013 7:28 AM
Mar 2012
Lexia25 said:

I agree with u white album 2 is a piece of garbage that has forced drama and shitty characters

Golden time is masterpiece and has interesting characters like for example Linda, i mean that girl just fucking PLAY with Banri, fuck her.

What? Forgive me if I didn't catch your irony
Dec 30, 2013 7:31 AM

Dec 2007
billybob300c said:
thoughts:

4:36 ewwww, sperm stains??!?

All in all, I'm more than satisfied with how this series ended. It didn't finish off in a cliché style where the "hero" is always suppose to win and get the girl. Haruki ended up with nobody.

Sperm stains? The buttons from the shirt were ripped, these are white threads, man...

It's only the adaptation of the introductory chapter, the real masterpiece starts with Closing Chapter, and finishes with Coda, and I see no reason why they shouldn't adapt them in the future since this White Album 2 adaptation is making such a stir. But it's still unknown how much the Bluray sells ATM.
Dec 30, 2013 7:48 AM

Oct 2011
AlexGK said:
-ZET- said:
AlexGK said:

The reason why I liked WA2 is because is one of the few animes where the characters actually have the balls to say "I love you" on the early episodes, unlike getting blushed every frigging minute(Strike the Blood)

In case of Toradora I can simply apply the same thing that you did in WA2, the characters just don't move on, therefore they're "retarded".I don't remember much from it, but I know that neither of the characters did dated/confessed, just kept it for themselves because they didn't had courage to say it out loud / or they were sacrificing themselves for another one.

I mean in WA2 they clearly say to each other, while in Toradora they just keep teasing you that one day they will confess it(if anything that is cliche as fuck)but Toradora strong point isn't that, so I don't really care about it.Yes we can clearly see they love each other, but they're still too shy to confess it, unlike WA2 where they confess it(Touma delayed it a bit, but right after, she did something even more crazy(SEX), but still can't go on with it

But lets hold ouserlves because WA2 is not over yet, so we can't fully compare it to other animes like Toradora, and I don't have time to play the novel, unfortunately.

And when I gave my score as 10/10 I was thinking about it just as the Intro chapter, where the main focus was to show how the characters are and their feelings, the main story comes after this(at least i believe it will)so I didn't really cared for the plot, since it strong point didn't even began yet.
-ZET-Dec 30, 2013 7:54 AM
Dec 30, 2013 7:48 AM
Mar 2012
AlexGK said:

You are comparing based on just the anime. It's pretty ridiculous to compare complete anime with incomplete ones.

Touma acts as the most typical retarded tsundere there is. She has absolutely no reason to hide her feelings.

Firstly, she is more kuudere than tsundere. Secondly, I'm pretty sure the anime does explain why she is socially inept. It has to do with her upbringing. Just because it wasn't spoonfed to you doesn't mean it wasn't there.

Setsuna knows her only chance is to get Haruki before he and Touma somehow manage to understand eachother. She KNOWS this, yet she insists on dragging Touma along. How the hell is that not retarded? How is this plausable? Am I supposed to feel sorry for a girl that can literally have any other boy she wants being miss school? And she wants Haruki no less.

That is because Kazusa is also a valuable friend of hers and she truly wants the three of them to be together. It's not as simple as "she is my rival in love so let me make sure to avoid her at all costs". Setsuna does put herself first, but that doesn't mean she would totally shun her best friend.

As for the chemistry... hell if I see any here.

The chemistry is mostly subtle and that's what makes it even better. Then again I can't argue with you here because it's a very subjective topic and you kinda just have to feel it. Too bad you weren't able to.

Haruki attracts the girls simply cose the author says so.

Did you even watch the anime. It was Haruki's constant meddling with Touma that enkindled her interest in him. You have to remember he antisocial behavior caused everyone else to practically outcast her. It was only Haruki who kept pestering her. As for Setsuna, who was treated like a celebrity by all her peers, Haruki was the only person who saw her for what she was and treated her like a normal girl. All this was pretty evident. You can't be more evident than that without spoonfeeding.
Dec 30, 2013 8:00 AM

Aug 2008

Firstly, she is more kuudere than tsundere. Secondly, I'm pretty sure the anime does explain why she is socially inept. It has to do with her upbringing. Just because it wasn't spoonfed to you doesn't mean it wasn't there.

There's a difference between spoonfeeding and properly giving out exposition. Just saying "it's her upbringing just buy it" isn't what I would call good characterization or good writing.

That is because Kazusa is also a valuable friend of hers and she truly wants the three of them to be together. It's not as simple as "she is my rival in love so let me make sure to avoid her at all costs". Setsuna does put herself first, but that doesn't mean she would totally shun her best friend.

I've said before that it's rather difficult to buy their friendship. But Setsuna being like this is near impossible to buy because of a lack of explanation. It would be one thing if she was the most naive person on the planet, but she obviously isn't because she can read both Haruki and Kazusa like a book.
Dec 30, 2013 8:12 AM
Mar 2012
hyperknees91 said:

There's a difference between spoonfeeding and properly giving out exposition. Just saying "it's her upbringing just buy it" isn't what I would call good characterization or good writing.

Because priorities. Background information wasn't really the main focus of the anime. Her kuudereness isn't some rare characteristics that need detailed explainations. Because such characters do exist and are nothing new. Her circumstances were good enough reasons for why she was like that.

I've said before that it's rather difficult to buy their friendship. But Setsuna being like this is near impossible to buy because of a lack of explanation. It would be one thing if she was the most naive person on the planet, but she obviously isn't because she can read both Haruki and Kazusa like a book.

Their friendship started obviously because of them doing the concert together. As to why she is so clingy with them could possibly have to do with her abandonment issues from middle school. She enjoyed the time they spent together and found happiness in the company of the three of them and thus she wanted to hold on to that.

Also I don't think she could read both Haruki and Kazusa like a book either. She might have known about their feelings but misjudged the extents. Hence her plan collapsed.
jackhammer32Dec 30, 2013 8:16 AM
Dec 30, 2013 8:20 AM

Aug 2008
Well you are correct it wasn't that extreme. But she was obviously much less naive then they were.

Still without proper background information...it becomes impossible to sympathize with any of the characters. Then again maybe you aren't suppose to (unless you of course, have done similar things that they have in your life). But that won't apply to everyone watching so some of their actions just might seem alien to the audience.

I guess the point of WA2 is much like School days. It's too watch a bunch of flawed characters create a giant mess out of things for an entertaining scenario and that's really the extent of it.

So yeah rather than finding out why the characters perform the actions they do. It's best to analyze how one action the character made lead to another. Kinda how it is in shakespearean plays.
hyperknees91Dec 30, 2013 9:23 AM
Dec 30, 2013 9:51 AM

Oct 2013
In terms of romantic developments,WA2 seems better than True Tears but I do think that Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien is on par with it.When it comes to complex characters though,WA2 definitely wins over both of those if you ask me.I'm not sure if you were trolling or not when you compared it to Toradora.

Whether people considers those better than WA2 is their own choice and you might just as well say that you prefer Infinite Stratos 2 and I'd be perfectly fine with that.We like what we like. It maybe not be a masterpiece but calling something this good a piece of crap & cliche shit? Seriously? I don't even know what to say to that and even if I did,I don't think I'd bother. After reading that,any further arguments seem pointless.
Dec 30, 2013 10:19 AM

Apr 2013
Well, i figured they would all wind up unhappy and alone. I was half right, not sure if Setsuna and Kitihara broke up at the end. I spent the majority of the series liking Setsuna the most, but after that confession, well, not as much. As far as i'm concerned, all three of them are in misery and all three of them deserve it, for one reason or another. It's pretty sad that they all managed to F@! things up so badly, they had a pretty nice friendship going there for a while. I'm not much of a fan of unhappy endings, even though i recognize that they belong in some stories, as such, i didn't care too much for the ending of this show. But for what it was, i guess it was decent. 6/10
Dec 30, 2013 10:25 AM

Mar 2012
music was good but this anime really was boring...
hard to tell which was the worst vn adaption this season; this or Walkure Romanze.

5/10, hope the second season is better if there is any
Dec 30, 2013 10:41 AM
Mar 2012
Khalan3 said:
music was good but this anime really was boring...
hard to tell which was the worst vn adaption this season; this or Walkure Romanze.

5/10, hope the second season is better if there is any

Have you even read the vn to know if this was a bad adaptation? I seriously doubt it.
Dec 30, 2013 10:51 AM

Dec 2013
MgMaster said:
In terms of romantic developments,WA2 seems better than True Tears but I do think that Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien is on par with it.When it comes to complex characters though,WA2 definitely wins over both of those if you ask me.I'm not sure if you were trolling or not when you compared it to Toradora.

Whether people considers those better than WA2 is their own choice and you might just as well say that you prefer Infinite Stratos 2 and I'd be perfectly fine with that.We like what we like. It maybe not be a masterpiece but calling something this good a piece of crap & cliche shit? Seriously? I don't even know what to say to that and even if I did,I don't think I'd bother. After reading that,any further arguments seem pointless.

stopped reading when you said WA2 complex characters
Combating against hoax MAL accounts and intentional down voting of objectively great anime. Pls join
Dec 30, 2013 10:55 AM

Aug 2008
Is there a reason why you think the characters aren't complex?
Dec 30, 2013 11:13 AM
Oct 2013
Making new account, trolling everyone here by posting crap like this:

Touma: wtf life is unfair, how did you not know I loved you. OH WAIT I was tsundere for my entire life.
Setsuna: Shit you cheated on me Haruki. Not your fault though. I apologize. I'm a conniving whore. LET'S BE FRIENDS FOREVER lol wut

He obv hasnt watched the show.
Dec 30, 2013 11:17 AM

Dec 2013
skykh said:
Making new account, trolling everyone here by posting crap like this:

He obv hasnt watched the show.

hey look 11 posts troll account?

edit: oh wait fanboy account my mistake
Combating against hoax MAL accounts and intentional down voting of objectively great anime. Pls join
Dec 30, 2013 12:12 PM

Feb 2010
Ouch, though I don't hate any of them. Don't know why though.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 30, 2013 12:28 PM
Jan 2013
zombiemojo said:
SBelmont said:
Does anyone know what the song that was played at the beginning was? (Played by the Violin/string instrument during the opening scene). It sounds so familiar but I can't recall which song it goes to.

心はいつもあなたのそばに
Want to say I can sort of hear it, but it doesn't seem to match pace seems off: deeper, and notes don't feel like they match (like lots are dropped) :s
Dec 30, 2013 1:15 PM
Dec 2013
All I can say is...

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat.

Fortune Favors the Bold.
Dec 30, 2013 1:28 PM

Dec 2013
TheMeatwad said:
All I can say is...

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat.

Fortune Favors the Bold.

Setsuna was pretty damn bold. Unfortunately for her misfortune favors the bold lulz. Timidity and hesitancy wins in this case.
Dec 30, 2013 1:31 PM

Aug 2012
Ending was pretty sad but I liked it. Story never got boring and loved the music in this anime. 9/10 in my opinion.
Dec 30, 2013 1:32 PM
Dec 2013
FishTaco said:
TheMeatwad said:
All I can say is...

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat.

Fortune Favors the Bold.

Setsuna was pretty damn bold. Unfortunately for her misfortune favors the bold lulz. Timidity and hesitancy wins in this case.

Unfortunately. Them feels.

How is this to end?
As stories must when love's denied: with tears and a journey.
Dec 30, 2013 1:36 PM

Dec 2013
TheMeatwad said:
FishTaco said:
TheMeatwad said:
All I can say is...

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat.

Fortune Favors the Bold.

How is this to end?

wut?
Dec 30, 2013 2:31 PM
Oct 2011
kaimax said:
Radius said:
. I think the problem isn't that people don't understand the story; they just don't like certain characters.
And they insist on playing the shipping game. Like that guy who just "White Knighted" Kazusa while ignoring her flaws.

White Album 2 is a story about flawed people, acknowledging one is "better" when they're clearly aren't would just make you a biased prick.

When you say this, you'll get the "every opinion is equally valid" nonsense. It's better not to waste time in that argument.
Dec 30, 2013 2:31 PM
Dec 2013
FishTaco said:
TheMeatwad said:
FishTaco said:
TheMeatwad said:
All I can say is...

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat.

Fortune Favors the Bold.

How is this to end?

wut?

That was a quote. Since they were talking about Shakespearean stories. lol
MeatwadsanDec 30, 2013 2:55 PM
Dec 30, 2013 4:11 PM

Aug 2008
lawl indeed.

Too bad the writer didn't pick up on a more important quote when writing the story. "Brevity is the soul of wit"

Though yes fortune favors the bold very much applies. You might think Setsuna was bold in trying to obtain Haruki, but no, she was trying to reject reality while staying together with him (by trying to keep the three together). And also by staying together with him at the end because she's too cowardly to leave him.

The bold applies to Coda.
hyperknees91Dec 30, 2013 4:15 PM
Dec 30, 2013 4:51 PM

Sep 2010
Holy fuck that was good. Hearing and seeing the performance of "A love that cannot be" to end things was quite fitting. Haruki wrote it about touma...touma arranged and produced it for haruki...and setsuna ultimately sings her fate with haruki.

The best romance ive ever seen. Im gonna blow through 13 episode straight now and cry!
Dec 30, 2013 5:02 PM
Oct 2013
oo.. Now i see people are argue about True Tears and White album. WTF? every anime has it own unique story line cannot be compare. i watches true tear a few times, and it was a great romance anime. yeah, the love triangle development in the anime only focus on 2 out of 3 girls in the anime, but still the way it present the emotional genre especially in the final episode when the main character resolve everything 'Sinchiro heart in yusa hiromi heart' cry.
While, white album has it own unique way to develop. Start of the anime focus on haruki and setsuna and further in the story in more focus on Touma Haruki. I don't get why people keep hating on the characters. yeah, Haruki was an asshole, and Touma was a tsundere bitch and Setsuna was a stealing bitch. The ENDING WAS GOOD B'CAUSE NOBODY WIN. HAS ANYONE REALIZE THAT?? HARUKI AND TOUMA, AND SETSUNA LOSE THE GUY SHE LOVED. (All the romance anime (love triangle not harem) will always END with the guy chose 1 girl out of 2-3) True Tear, Kimi en.
Dec 30, 2013 5:20 PM

May 2009
Lol at the sperm stain comment. In any case I enjoyed this anime and I bet all 3 learned some very valuable lessons which they'll been keen on applying in their future relationships or endeavors.
Dec 30, 2013 5:26 PM

Apr 2012
Barion-Zara said:
What I was fearing at the start of the love triangle happened. That was a total mess.
Really sad for everyone.

That sex scene made me cringe. I didn't like the timing and how Kazusa threw the phone away.

The part in the airport ;_;...no comment.

Felt bad for Setsuna T_T

Overall liked the series and story wise. It was written really nicely. But my personal feelings say I disliked it.

Same, sad endings always make me depressed, and this ending is beyond just sad. A hell of a script. The flashbacks are perfectly placed, and the same event unfolds several times, with each time we see different character motives.

I like both Setsuna and Kazuna. Both are well-developed and make reasonable (as reasonable as you can be when you fall in love) decisions.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 30, 2013 7:07 PM

Oct 2013
Funny shit happened. It went from a light-hearted, cheerful anime to like wut?
KitogeDec 30, 2013 9:22 PM
Dec 30, 2013 8:53 PM
Aug 2012
If this doesn't get another season I will rage.
Dec 30, 2013 8:59 PM

Aug 2013
I knew from the start this wasn't going to end well. Yet the M in me kept me from dropping it.

Story of a love triangle. Can't really put much of a spin there. There's always gonna be one who gets the short end of the stick. This time...well I don't know who did.

Characters are flawed and that what makes them believable. I wouldn't say they're complex but I always try to remember they're supposed to be teenagers - they make small things seem complicated and complicated things MORE complicated. You know...like how you agonized over this one thing when you were 17 but now you're much older you're like "ok that was stupid lol."

I don't like any of the characters. I feel no attachment to any of them. Well a bit for Touma I guess. But what little fondness I had for her just went bye-bye after seeing this episode. This isn't even an issue of "you don't do that to friends". Any woman would demand that you break it off with the other party. You know...that infamous "if you really love me, then..." line. I get that Haruki and Touma love each other but it's just...ugh..*head throbs*...you just don't do that >___< You break it off with the other party FIRST then go do whatever you want, have sex 24/7 or whatever. Life experiences taught me well.

Some people say Setsuna deserved what happened since she was the one who stole Haruki first. She did get between them but I don't know...technically I wouldn't call it stealing because there was no formal relationship between the other two hence it was still free-for-all. So Setsuna went and swooped in (swooping is bad). I still can't say what she did was right but I can't blame her. She gambled and lost.

Haruki is just a POS. Everything could have been easily resolved if you didn't hook up with someone you didn't love or break up with her before you hook up with someone else. "But he didn't want to hurt them!" He's not kind. He's a coward. And those types are the one who deserve to be forever alone.

I haven't played the VN and from what I read in the previous pages, there's supposed to be a continuation? Let me predict what could happen:

Am I close?

Did I like it? I don't know. I watched all 13 episodes so I guess? Was it good? It was a good mess. But still good.
xcheeDec 30, 2013 9:04 PM
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 30, 2013 9:11 PM

Dec 2013
xchee said:
I knew from the start this wasn't going to end well. Yet the M in me kept me from dropping it.

Story of a love triangle. Can't really put much of a spin there. There's always gonna be one who gets the short end of the stick. This time...well I don't know who did.

Characters are flawed and that what makes them believable. I wouldn't say they're complex but I always try to remember they're supposed to be teenagers - they make small things seem complicated and complicated things MORE complicated. You know...like how you agonized over this one thing when you were 17 but now you're much older you're like "ok that was stupid lol."

I don't like any of the characters. I feel no attachment to any of them. Well a bit for Touma I guess. But what little fondness I had for her just went bye-bye after seeing this episode. This isn't even an issue of "you don't do that to friends". Any woman would demand that you break it off with the other party. You know...that infamous "if you really love me, then..." line. I get that Haruki and Touma love each other but it's just...ugh..*head throbs*...you just don't do that >___< You break it off with the other party FIRST then go do whatever you want, have sex 24/7 or whatever. Life experiences taught me well.

Some people say Setsuna deserved what happened since she was the one who stole Haruki first. She did get between them but I don't know...technically I wouldn't call it stealing because there was no formal relationship between the other two hence it was still free-for-all. So Setsuna went and swooped in (swooping is bad). I still can't say what she did was right but I can't blame her. She gambled and lost.

Haruki is just a POS. Everything could have been easily resolved if you didn't hook up with someone you didn't love or break up with her before you hook up with someone else. "But he didn't want to hurt them!" He's not kind. He's a coward. And those types are the one who deserve to be forever alone.

I haven't played the VN and from what I read in the previous pages, there's supposed to be a continuation? Let me predict what could happen:

Am I close?

Did I like it? I don't know. I watched all 13 episodes so I guess? Was it good? It was a good mess. But still good.

shit I agree with all your points. I felt pretty empty after the last episode. The airport kiss in front of Setsuna was just too much for my delicate heart qq. I agree Touma is a coward. He's always so apologetic and sensitive towards others but when it comes to his penis he throws all of that out the window. He could have done some damage control by simply breaking up with Setsuna but NOPE did everything to exacerbate the situation. He even admits he was a scumbag after that kiss but then he goes bang her. Great logic
FishTacoDec 30, 2013 9:14 PM
Dec 30, 2013 9:14 PM

Oct 2013
jacksfuhrman said:
If this doesn't get another season I will rage.

It should
Dec 30, 2013 9:52 PM

Dec 2012
I loved this series. Sometimes i wonder is it wrong to always mentally choose a side between girl A girl B and girl C, etc? Anyway another setsuna supporter, but i think both are imperfect in their own ways just that setsuna is my cup of tea. Also nothing like breaking down while you can't help but stare at your bff and your bf going at it. ;_;
Dec 31, 2013 1:55 AM
Apr 2013
I give this show just a 12.

Only a 12/10

The realistic characters, subtle interactions, and very realistic portrayal of the highs and lows of love and romance as well as the likeable male lead and equally likeable and relatable female heroines dropped the score I was going to give it to a 12/10.

Also giving it a 100/10 seemed a bit OTT. One additional digit too much, if you will.

So I give this merely a 12.

Only, simply, merely a 12/10

I've run out of bland descriptive words.

It wasn't that great a show. Just deserving of a 12/10

I obviously can't be as subtle as the show so as you can tell I'm being sarcastic.

Loved it lots.

Pages (18) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

100 by GingZ »»
Feb 27, 2:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.