Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Apr 7, 8:54 AM
Mar 2024
Iqiaokjsjnsnnsnwqjiqiqi
Apr 15, 11:37 PM
Oct 2022
Good girl off the bat. They stay annoyingly long in these mundane places for almost no reason at all. They are moving and waisting very small quantities of wood at a time for the level of magic it has been clearly established they are capable of. Deku did this faster with no magic. She couldn’t care less about seeing the sun rise and this is the reason she wants to see it. Wow how quirky of her. She is yucking others Yums. Magic can’t obzerve the souls of the dead. They will not stop bringing up how corrupt this guy is. Proof? He also just convinced his friends to practice religion in like 2 sentences. It is slightly implied that the girl with eternal youth is a little insecure about her age. Proof? He eats sticks and runs on water. All magic started with fairy tails. She is over 1000 years old. Heaven exists implying there is a correct religion. The demon king lives in heaven. Finally there is a goal. We braved. She doesn’t even care about her prentice. She thinks things that die are a waist of time. 10 years is an insignificant amount less than 100th of her life. Meaning her life is nearing its end as she is now over a thousand years old. They really can’t talk to this guy without calling him corrupt. Proof? He is so witheringly weak and frail that he can only run on water and lift massive Bolders.
Apr 16, 7:17 AM

Feb 2021
She is very sloth XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 16, 10:20 PM

Aug 2016
I'm having a hard time not just comparing this to Violet Evergarden, which really isn't doing the series any favors. I'm not saying it's poorly written, it just (as of yet) hasn't begun to approach Violet Evergarden. It's not that it isn't beautiful, but VE was KyoAni at their best. And ultimately, the generic fantasy world is one that I find grating. Not because I don't like fantasy, but because I love it. The best of fantasy requires great worldbuilding, and the bland archetypal idea of a fantasy world that gets painted over most fantasy/isekai spits in the face of the stories that do it well. And I don't see a reason to think that this world is anything more than that.

While I do find it a bit slowly paced, that's not my problem with the show. But it has yet to grab me the way it seems to have for so many others. I do hope it picks up soon, because I feel guilty wondering why I'm not just rewatching Violet Evergarden instead with each episode. (Obviously, they're not one-to-one, with VE's world being a lot less fantastical and overall having slightly different character dynamics and tone, but the things that are so far unique to Frieren aren't yet enough)

Apr 19, 11:15 PM

Jul 2022
Reply to Tamer2002
"It's only a ten-year adventure."
Now there is a main goal for this trip.
Very good chapter.
These 4 chapters were too good.
(Chapters 06 to 08 of the manga adapted.)

@Tamer2002 Absolutely beautiful production, captured across these images. The story really portrays the fantasy setting so well through both the visual animations and soundtrack. The characters, especially Frieren are presented in a way that makes us super drawn to their narrative. I'm glad to see that Eisen is still around and the two crossing paths again. Looking forward to watching Frieren and Fern continue to develop along their journey.
Apr 22, 11:33 PM

Jun 2009
Man, this show really is the king of montages, isn't it?
May 5, 6:43 AM

Apr 2013
The moment she opened her old master's home... beautiful. This show just continues to deliver. Eisen is also really cool, I love how he acts like he's too old for anything but then just casually lifts a huge rock and runs on water xD
May 8, 5:23 PM

Nov 2023
What great friends Frieren got. Despite knowing each other for an average human lifespan already, they still think of her as her friend. Comrades are really something else.
May 8, 6:30 PM
Apr 2024
I will give the highest rating for this anime because I think this anime really deserves it
May 12, 7:05 PM
Jan 2022
I dont know what to thing about this episode tbh it was sad
May 13, 11:21 PM
May 2020
the visuals were pleasing, and i just love the characters and how they interact
May 15, 3:21 AM
Jul 2022
good anime, because this anime is best
May 19, 1:23 AM
May 2024
so amazingg! i think the best of 2023's for an adventure animes so far
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Will Season 2 be just as good?

GoatPieceLuffy - 3 hours ago

2 by Rhae »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

285 by MasterK »»
2 hours ago

» A question about Himmel (spoiler)

ColourWheel - 10 hours ago

9 by Asahinchi »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » "Sousou no Frieren" Adult Adaptation has been announced ( 1 2 )

deg - May 16

51 by CottonModem »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

821 by corvKa »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.