Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
May 2, 2016 7:07 AM
Oct 2013
Am I the only who think that Subaru is killed because they heard of him "dating" Emilia outside thus supposing an ambush or kidnapping since they think he's a spy?

The "promise" itself is the trigger for the time loop.

Why kill him after only 5 days? Plus, he's still Emilia's savior though.

What do you guys think?
ExplodingGirlMay 2, 2016 7:11 AM
May 2, 2016 7:10 AM

May 2015
Poor Subaru :(

He's "bad luck Brian" of all animes. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 2, 2016 7:13 AM

Jul 2007
SigOpram said:
Am I the only who think that Subaru is killed because they heard of him "dating" Emilia outside thus supposing an ambush or kidnapping since they think he's a spy?

What do you guys think?

Yeah its one of ongoing theories that his behavior gets him killed.
May 2, 2016 7:14 AM

Feb 2016
My god this episode was great ending scene was brutal
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2016 7:17 AM

Oct 2014
_Yato_God said:
They will bash on Tokyo Ghoul because it was rushed then they will bash on this anime cause it's faithful to novel and manga and so being slow.

To be quite honest, Tokyo Ghoul has a lot of problems besides pacing. But don't mind me.

ColdBreeze said:

You are still in for the ride? :)
But I agree, the anime adaption has really nice things to it. I think the sound effects add a lot too. I'm really curious about different opinions.

Yeah, the Subaru's wild ride never stops!
It's the other anime I'm watching on sundays besides BnHA and the comfinessness that is Flying Witch.
I've been saving my opinions on this thread because most of the last one still stands. So I'd rather talk about aesthethics or eventual plot holes (Got my theories on a few but the fact that there are easy, yet not for that unconvenient answers and the fact these are Episode discussions makes me bit my tongue at the moment). Is just like in that interview said. People who had seen it are like "smirking and all, “Oh that's happening"".

Yeah, sound is pretty nice. Music is quite interesting too. That first song in the episode is terrifying, even more in context.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
May 2, 2016 7:23 AM
Oct 2013
Fai said:
SigOpram said:

What do you guys think?

Yeah its one of ongoing theories that his behavior gets him killed.

I'm just crossing my finger that sometime in the future, he would realize this thus making his life at least two times easier.

And what's with these people, straight to annihilation. No interrogation. No questioning. No investigation.
May 2, 2016 7:24 AM

Oct 2014
People still complaining about characterization and development ._.
FrozenRaider said:

He is called 'Suffaru' for a reason :P
May 2, 2016 7:25 AM
Apr 2015
LN readers are there gonna be any multifaceted secundary male characters in this story? Cuz right now all we got is *yawn* overpowered one dimensional sword man and stereotypical cringy villain gay guy... Boring.
May 2, 2016 7:25 AM

Apr 2015
Is it just me or there's way too many AotY contenders compared to last year? Not that I'm complaining.

although Konosuba was easily the best winter AotS
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 2, 2016 7:27 AM
Oct 2013
kidlat020 said:
Is it just me or there's way too many AotY contenders compared to last year? Not that I'm complaining.

And Megumin being the "Girl of the Season".
May 2, 2016 7:29 AM

May 2015
Shrimperor said:
People still complaining about characterization and development ._.
FrozenRaider said:

He is called 'Suffaru' for a reason :P

Hah, true that. :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 2, 2016 7:31 AM

Oct 2014
kidlat020 said:

A lot of people are also praising Rakugou. Have you gived that a watch?

Megumin is indeed the best girl. You can try, and fail, to convince me otherwise
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

May 2, 2016 7:32 AM

Mar 2016
It gets better and better!

May 2, 2016 7:33 AM

Apr 2015
@KoreaWS C'mon man...

You know, I don't blame you for not knowing this but I don't give a single thing about the score system here. I rate shows according to how much fun I had watching them. It's a nice little list to remind me what I watched when and how much I liked it. The show you named brought me into anime so I had a blast watching them. Please take the date into consideration before you judge my credibility for whatever reason.

Aside from "this" I agree that there are a lot of lttle details that show the dedication that goes into this adaptation.
FappaMay 2, 2016 7:41 AM
May 2, 2016 7:37 AM
Apr 2016
@Fappa Hey, you have a Corrin profile picture. :D
May 2, 2016 7:37 AM
Oct 2013
Leghorn94 said:
It gets better and better!

Thanks this is informative. So that's why she's happy when Rem asked Subaru whether he likes demons or not.
May 2, 2016 7:42 AM

Dec 2014
Fappa said:
@KoreaWS C'mon man...

You know, I don't blame you for not knowing this but I don't give a single thing about the score system here. I rate shows according to how much fun I had watching them. It's a nice little list to remind me what I watched when and how much I liked it. The show you named brought me into anime so I had a blast watching them. Please take the date into consideration before you judge my credibility for whatever reason.

Aside from "this" I agree that there are a lot of lttle details that show the dedication that goes into this adaptation.

lol we judge now people who like different shows? Dafuck?
May 2, 2016 7:44 AM

Jan 2013
Was a decent episode but the constant cliffhanger endings make this a pain to sit through given the 1 week wait. Close to dropping this to watch later since it's the same spiel over and over again every episode now with the beginning being a recollection of the previous cycle, then a middle of nothing much happening apart from tedious but pointless interactions with the tiniest hint dropping. Then it's the end with MC dying with a full stop cliffhanger that doesn't give any more hints that could elaborate more on the previous hints shown to give at least something to talk about until next episode. Literally the only substantial hint given this whole episode was the reaction to the mentioning of demons, that's it.
May 2, 2016 7:55 AM

Apr 2015
@MonoReaper Apparently...

@polesp If it helps you, from now on it should slowly shift from heavy cliffhangers to many things happening throughout the entire episode.

Still it's not a bad Idea to simply wait for the first cour to air and then binge it before the third arc starts.
May 2, 2016 7:56 AM

Mar 2015
How could some people here says half of the episode "filler" or "boring" or "nothing happened"?

That's like saying half of Steins;Gate is boring, because

This is more of a psychological series than a gore/action series. People need to stop complaining about the censorship too, since what makes an anime is not by how much gore in it. It's just to make an anime edgier for some reason. I mean seriously, do you want to keep looking at Subaru's intestines flying around everywhere? That's disgusting to be animated, not everyone have desensitized with gore and White Fox probably knew that. Especially since Subaru dies in the most horrible way in arc 3 with a lot of people dropping it, so they censored it to keep people watching.

May 2, 2016 7:57 AM

Aug 2012
subaru said it was cold in the end scene so maybe it was puck wo killed him since he can use ice magic. he probably got annoyed that subaru kept rubbing him... lol XD

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
May 2, 2016 8:03 AM

Oct 2014
Fappa said:
@KoreaWS C'mon man...

You know, I don't blame you for not knowing this but I don't give a single thing about the score system here. I rate shows according to how much fun I had watching them.

Very little people actually care about the scoring system, myself not included, but if the "fun" factor (or nostalgia if we go that far) is what you use to rate things, I can deduce the kind of things you like from a show that makes you have fun with it. For example, if we bring dates to this, you liked Grimgar, which shows that you like some elements of it so much you decided to rate it high. The same with One Pun(ch) Man. Therefore, your defense of shows you like, based on fun, is then less objective and more subjective, emotional even.

I know it's harsh and childish to bring the "MAL List" argument but I had to, seeing the way you defend this show when somebody comes and drops his opinion about it, even when said individual gives arguments to sustain it (aka I still can't believe your attitude).

ColdBreeze said:
We will get some more infos/answers in the next 2-3 episodes. But hey, I love to read all the theories here and I already saw some people that got it right (more or less) after this episode. I have to re-read your "complains" and theories after this arc has finished though so we can discuss it further if possible. Of course if you are still around.

I'd most probably be around. I laughed when I saw people actually figuring it out. Kabaneri's threads had shown me that a thread can be actually a better source of entertainment than the show

KoreaWS said:
Megumin is indeed the best girl. You can try, and fail, to convince me otherwise
Lets see where Emilia/Rem/Ram will stand after all this in general.

If one of them stand as best girls of the season, I would not be sharing that opinion, although the best girl of this series is Rem, hands down, no questions allowed. Emilia is the runner-up, but she isn't Rem, sadly. Felt and Drills loli seem to be good contenders too.

May 2, 2016 8:05 AM

Jul 2007
ltspfan said:
subaru said it was cold in the end scene so maybe it was puck wo killed him since he can use ice magic. he probably got annoyed that subaru kept rubbing him... lol XD

Shivering from cold is also a common factor to poisoning. Which would fit with him being dizzy and, well, puking his guts out every few seconds. Its fair to guess someone poisoned him(the ol good trusty way of assassinating)
May 2, 2016 8:16 AM

Mar 2016
We get to see that he doesn't start at the Appa guy again but instead he got a new checkpoint for reasons I don't know yet, but I hope this will be explained in the future. His heart got broken because he couldn't keep the promise to Emilia, he's also trying to act faster and devise a better plan to not die again. This already indicates he developed as a character from the first few episodes.

Then most of the episode is developing Ram and Rem as characters and we get to know more about them. Rem smiling when Subaru mentions he likes demons more which looks to be important. Also comedic moments.

We also get to see the girl and the dog that bit Subaru from the previous episode, which I really wanted to see because I found it highly suspicious and this episode confirms that I was right to keep it as a suspicion.

Comedic moments with Emilia and Subaru getting the date yet again which IS one of his goals.

Then the final part of the episode where Subaru dies again and we can clearly hear something metal dragging along the floor and since the next episode is titled "The Sound Of Chains" must mean it's chains. Also the poison seems to be from the dog bite. What I just don't get is, how all this ties up, I mean if Subaru never went to the kids, he would never have gotten bit. So if it is the dog that did poison him, what is the connection with the chain user and the dog? Or is all this really just coincidence?

People complaining nothing happened this episode is delusional. The only place where nothing happened was with the comedic moments, but I like the comedic moments so I'm not complaining there.

Overall 4/5 episode, next week is gonna be lit
May 2, 2016 8:16 AM
May 2015
I found this interesting theory on reddit.

When we see Subaru changed his expression was because he was remembering his time with Emilia. I wonder if Rem's expression changed because she remembered the time she spent with Subaru? Everyone else closes their eyes (because they don't know Subaru), but Rem's eyes are open because she knows Subaru?
I mean, Rem knows Subaru size perfectly without measuring him in this episode. Then she's been staring at Subaru a lot of times in this episode and Ram seems to be angry at her for doing it. Could it be that Rem is trying to protect Subaru from dying because she remembers? And Ram was angry because Rem is somehow being overprotective on her target?

That could be really interesting, since only Subaru and Rem changed their expressions in the ED.

May 2, 2016 8:23 AM

Jul 2014
@AnimeMagnitude
I wrote some theory about this here :-)
May 2, 2016 8:26 AM
Aug 2015
uran10 said:
Okay, I have one question to confirm my current suspicions. Which one of them cooks the food? Like actually fully cooks the food?
Ram makes the food, i'm pretty sure.
May 2, 2016 8:30 AM

Nov 2014
lizebutnotrize said:
LN readers are there gonna be any multifaceted secundary male characters in this story? Cuz right now all we got is *yawn* overpowered one dimensional sword man and stereotypical cringy villain gay guy... Boring.
yes, we'll get two more in arc 4. Reinhard will also show up again in that arc.
May 2, 2016 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
Sooo were finally seeing more of Subaru's character breaking down. Cool

My money is on the Dog bite. But that might be red herring since it looks far too obvious.
May 2, 2016 8:34 AM

Mar 2016
mozgow said:
@AnimeMagnitude
I wrote some theory about this here :-)

AnimeMagnitudeMay 2, 2016 8:48 AM
May 2, 2016 8:35 AM

Nov 2014
mozgow said:
ttcchen said:
why keep on putting "puppy" into italics...? Are you trying to...emphasize something...?
I'm not sure if it's still a puppy :-)

ttcchen said:
that'll be verrrrry interesting!! but why bite subaru and not the kids...?
I was going to write some reasons for that, but after reading some posts in this thread my theory changes a bit :-)
well, even if it was a dead puppy brought back to life, it's still considered a puppy.
May 2, 2016 8:57 AM

Jul 2014
AnimeMagnitude said:
But who knows, we'll see next week.
I think next episode will most likely reveal only parts of the mystery, and it will take one or two more to get the whole story.

@ttcchen
I will call it puppy (for now :-)) but I'm not convinced it's still one.
May 2, 2016 9:01 AM

Sep 2014
Terrible as fuck episode apart from the last minute or so since the one-dimensional MC gets slaughtered once again. Time reset away!
May 2, 2016 9:10 AM
Oct 2010
Harrymanhunter said:
Terrible as fuck episode apart from the last minute or so since the one-dimensional MC gets slaughtered once again. Time reset away!

HOw is the MC one dimensional, da faqqq
May 2, 2016 9:11 AM

Nov 2014
mozgow said:
AnimeMagnitude said:
But who knows, we'll see next week.
I think next episode will most likely reveal only parts of the mystery, and it will take one or two more to get the whole story.

@ttcchen
I will call it puppy (for now :-)) but I'm not convinced it's still one.
so you also think that the girl and the two other surprised kids are in on it too?
Harrymanhunter said:
i feel sad for you if you didn't notice all the important clues and foreshadowings throughout this episode.
May 2, 2016 9:21 AM

Oct 2013
So the maids are most likely demons. I'm assuming it's one of the maids who did him in, but I just can't see any motivation for it. That smile from the younger sister makes me think it was probably her lol, but I still don't see WHY she would do it, unless Rosewall ordered her too.

Although this episode was just as SOL-esque as the previous one, this one felt a little bit more natural. I feel sorry that Subaru lost all of that progress with the girls and has to re-start all over again. We can see his mind slowly working here as he tries to repeat the day. I'm hope he will continue to find smarter ways to approach other "save points" in the future.

The ED itself isn't anything to go wild over, but the last scene at the end was pretty well done! This show sure loves to draw you in with a cliffhanger lol.

4/5
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
May 2, 2016 9:38 AM

Mar 2010
A-list_96 said:
Repeating a day with minor changes is not enough content to carry an episode. If there are some details that play an integral part to the story that I've missed I will admit that I'm wrong.

The majorly of episode is new content though. It's like not endless eight or something, but each to is own I suppose.
May 2, 2016 9:53 AM

Feb 2011
This was sooo good, as the other people said.. that scene at the end was breathtaking with all the details they added. 5/5
May 2, 2016 9:54 AM

Jul 2014
ttcchen said:
so you also think that the girl and the two other surprised kids are in on it too?
I don't know if my theory is right; well, I might be totally wrong with it :-P
May 2, 2016 9:58 AM

Jun 2013
why is the blue dude talking like that his voice gets high in the end or middle of a sentence and god damn this is fucking amazing that cliff hanger bruh!!
May 2, 2016 10:01 AM

Oct 2013
Sidebar, but it's kind of funny/frustrating to see people complain about the "slow pacing" of this episode. It's only episode 5, and there are 25 episodes lol.

The tone of the series should shift, but without buildup, an immediate shift from Subaru being his own silly self, to a despairing and tactical Subaru would feel meaningless and contrived (*cough*Big Order*cough*). Subaru is your typical, video-gaming highschooler who's chosen to see the world around him as a joke, instead of panic. We saw him begin to panic just before, but he calmed down after speaking with Betty because he's still the same guy he was after arriving at this world. Eventually that should change, as his experiences more deaths and the world becomes more clear. We are being given information and seeing things through Subaru's POV, so when his attitude changes so will the overall tone of this series. Unless this doesn't happen and it remains a "otaku pandering" comedy, saying that this show is inherently shitty and boring is seriously jumping to conclusions.

Not to mention this episode was still important, especially the relationship building with the maids. All of his time spent with Rem should pay off in the next episode. I don't know for sure who it is yet (since I haven't read the LN or the Manga) but if they spent all this time building relations with Rem, they should deliver on it. If they don't, then it's fair to accuse this episode of being pointless.

OFC I doubt this will change the mind of anyone, but I just felt like ranting anyways.
May 2, 2016 10:08 AM

Mar 2016
Harrymanhunter said:

Like the mc knew how he was killed.

Hey guys, everyone who is saying that this episode was a waste or things like that.
Subaru believed he might die so he was just testing how he will die cause first time he dies in sleep and didn't know how. So he tried to come to the same ending as before that is get friends with everyone and become a servant at the house etc. And then at last tried to stay awake so he could find the cause of his death incase he dies.

So stop saying this episode was a filler.
May 2, 2016 10:23 AM

Oct 2014
LightKings12 said:
I found this interesting theory on reddit.

When we see Subaru changed his expression was because he was remembering his time with Emilia. I wonder if Rem's expression changed because she remembered the time she spent with Subaru? Everyone else closes their eyes (because they don't know Subaru), but Rem's eyes are open because she knows Subaru?
I mean, Rem knows Subaru size perfectly without measuring him in this episode. Then she's been staring at Subaru a lot of times in this episode and Ram seems to be angry at her for doing it. Could it be that Rem is trying to protect Subaru from dying because she remembers? And Ram was angry because Rem is somehow being overprotective on her target?

That could be really interesting, since only Subaru and Rem changed their expressions in the ED.

If we assume that the absence of that detail is because it didn't really happened, that's actually a nice theory. I'd almost buy that Rem, somehow, keeps his memories in the time loop and decides to play along.

Sadly, a viewer can assume that it is not shown because is trivial and expected to happen, since it happened on the previous loop, and we didn't see a "visual confirmation" of she knowing what's up.

tinybunnvevo said:
Subaru is your typical, video-gaming highschooler who's chosen to see the world around him as a joke, instead of panic. We saw him begin to panic just before, but he calmed down after speaking with Betty because he's still the same guy he was after arriving at this world. Eventually that should change, as his experiences more deaths and the world becomes more clear. We are being given information and seeing things through Subaru's POV, so when his attitude changes so will the overall tone of this series. Unless this doesn't happen and it remains a "otaku pandering" comedy, saying that this show is inherently shitty and boring is seriously jumping to conclusions.

As my personal opinion and perhaps a lot of other guys that had come and go about this show, that's one of the reason we can't take this show seriously, despise all the "suffering" and "struggle". I fail to see him, even using empathy, as a character rather than a puppet. The show will most probably go in a dark route, considering there is now somebody hunting him with the ball and chain, but first impressions last a lot and is pretty hard to convince me that the "development" is believable just because he dies. Is like tragedy was an excuse to care for somebody (I'm only talking about story and characters here, don't take this phrase too far please).

Perhaps the 2 closest anime and manga characters we have that deal with a similar time travel situation are Okabe Rintarou from Steins:Gate, whom I personally think it had a better characterization, which actually made me care for him at the second half, and Keiji Kiriya from All You Need is Kill, which is also a better character since we see him, from the beggining, taking his situation seriously and acting according to it.

tl:dr otaku pandering made the character lame for me and for a lot of people, and no ammount of torture porn can convince me he gets developed nor makes me care for him as a character.
ThieveryMay 2, 2016 10:27 AM

May 2, 2016 10:26 AM

Apr 2015
tinybunnvevo said:
Sidebar, but it's kind of funny/frustrating to see people complain about the "slow pacing" of this episode. It's only episode 5, and there are 25 episodes lol.

The tone of the series should shift, but without buildup, an immediate shift from Subaru being his own silly self, to a despairing and tactical Subaru would feel meaningless and contrived (*cough*Big Order*cough*). Subaru is your typical, video-gaming highschooler who's chosen to see the world around him as a joke, instead of panic. We saw him begin to panic just before, but he calmed down after speaking with Betty because he's still the same guy he was after arriving at this world. Eventually that should change, as his experiences more deaths and the world becomes more clear. We are being given information and seeing things through Subaru's POV, so when his attitude changes so will the overall tone of this series. Unless this doesn't happen and it remains a "otaku pandering" comedy, saying that this show is inherently shitty and boring is seriously jumping to conclusions.

Not to mention this episode was still important, especially the relationship building with the maids. All of his time spent with Rem should pay off in the next episode. I don't know for sure who it is yet (since I haven't read the LN or the Manga) but if they spent all this time building relations with Rem, they should deliver on it. If they don't, then it's fair to accuse this episode of being pointless.

OFC I doubt this will change the mind of anyone, but I just felt like ranting anyways.

This! Thank you so much for this and it makes me happy to see that people look at it like that. A climax is nothing without its build up but we should simply give people time. Once they've seen what all this leads up to it should be clearer :)
May 2, 2016 10:26 AM

Nov 2014
Axelucard said:
why is the blue dude talking like that his voice gets high in the end or middle of a sentence and god damn this is fucking amazing that cliff hanger bruh!!
well it fits his character design so im not complaining.
ColdBreeze said:
mozgow said:
I don't know if my theory is right; well, I might be totally wrong with it :-P
Interesting theory. But next episode we will see something different, something that's even better.
indeed, the next two episodes are most likely gonna be my favorite in this anime.
May 2, 2016 10:34 AM

Sep 2011
I know this might sound crazy, but what if the killer was someone from the OUTSIDE the castle ? but then that doesn't explain how he got poisoned.

Why I am thinking this way was because the killer didn't care about missing up the place with blood, which means they were going to flee as soon as they do the deed.

The way the episode flew I just find it hard to believe either of the sisters did it, why bother teaching him how to write if you're going to kill him anyways ?
May 2, 2016 10:36 AM

Jul 2014
Lots of meandering in the first part, and overexaggerated gore in the end.

LN readers, will the show fix this tone shifts and is his time travel power explained in a plausible way? Don't spoil it, just say if it's revealed and if it is an asspull, some bullshit like in ERASED or actually done right.
May 2, 2016 10:45 AM

Oct 2014
Hydra0411 said:

LN readers, will the show fix this tone shifts and is his time travel power explained in a plausible way? Don't spoil it, just say if it's revealed and if it is an asspull, some bullshit like in ERASED or actually done right.

The tone will shift into torture porn, both physical and psychological. I'm not sure how much SoL will remain, but it will be little. Some guys say there's character development over there too.
The source of such power is revealed eventually, but I'm not sure if the adaptation will go that far. Some people argument the show will cover 3 arcs, when the "big revelation" is in arc 4. I don't know if WhiteFox will trim stuff to make it thus far.

Up until now, in my opinion to not get people feelings on a twist, at least one character has pull an "Aizen logic" in the overall story.

May 2, 2016 10:47 AM

Oct 2013
Man, I actually can't really predict who it is. I feel like it's definitely somebody in the house, but I just can't tell. Hmm...
May 2, 2016 10:59 AM

Oct 2013
KoreaWS said:

As my personal opinion and perhaps a lot of other guys that had come and go about this show, that's one of the reason we can't take this show seriously, despise all the "suffering" and "struggle". I fail to see him, even using empathy, as a character rather than a puppet. The show will most probably go in a dark route, considering there is now somebody hunting him with the ball and chain, but first impressions last a lot and is pretty hard to convince me that the "development" is believable just because he dies. Is like tragedy was an excuse to care for somebody (I'm only talking about story and characters here, don't take this phrase too far please).

Perhaps the 2 closest anime and manga characters we have that deal with a similar time travel situation are Okabe Rintarou from Steins:Gate, whom I personally think it had a better characterization, which actually made me care for him at the second half, and Keiji Kiriya from All You Need is Kill, which is also a better character since we see him, from the beggining, taking his situation seriously and acting according to it.

tl:dr otaku pandering made the character lame for me and for a lot of people, and no ammount of torture porn can convince me he gets developed nor makes me care for him as a character.

That's fair. I also did not find the "otaku pandering" parts appealing either. I just don't think they will last for very much longer as it should get harder and harder to crack jokes about how he's the "hero" or "main character". This however didn't exactly bother me as much as him joking about the girls being cute as maids. Mainly is oogling of women is the most annoying thing to me, otherwise his comments about being the mc, or referring to things as save points or levels don't really bother me.

I still will wait to give this series a final judgement, since it could either get really good or become really disappointing. My rant or w/e is more directed towards people making final judgments about the show or an episode without waiting to see if it was significant or not. I still think it's too early to write him off as complete otaku pandering archetype because we haven't seen that stereotype completely broken yet, but I can understand why you'd get that impression. For a few moments I had the immediate urge to skip when in ep 4 he kept making comments about maids. I think this episode felt a lot more natural to me (mainly bc he stopped making the maid jokes and actually interacted with Rem on a "human" level). I'm hoping they don't repeat that bit from ep 4, because it's quite frankly annoying. It's just that it's episode 5. If this only had 12 episodes I would agree that they were completely wasting time, but there is still time for the writers to actually finish their thoughts (i.e. there is still breathing room to not flop).
Pages (13) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1835 by Pruzkumak »»
Yesterday, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2077 by Shadicgunman »»
Yesterday, 7:08 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

513 by ionelHeredia »»
Sep 23, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

793 by cibertopia »»
Sep 21, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

767 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 19, 1:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.