Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Mar 8, 2015 5:47 PM
Feb 2015
The detective might seem really cold and but his behaviour is kinda logical considering his line of work; someone too softhearted would probably not make it. It's ironic how he's prepared to kill for his wife but didn't give a fuck about the stalked girl.
Mar 8, 2015 5:47 PM

Oct 2014
Z4k being the good little TG priest. Fight the good fight brother.
nocorrasMar 8, 2015 5:51 PM
Mar 8, 2015 6:31 PM

Jun 2013
What's the point Decim giving Shimada a second chance to 'kill' the detective guy again? What if Shimada didn't 'kill' him for the second time? Sending him to be reincarnated? Isn't he a murderer too? From the very beginning, the whole judgment is so wrong and flawed. There's no way to deliver one fairly. And Ona finally snapped.

This is particularly amazing episode. Although I can't stand rape in anime, it's the best case so far.
Mar 8, 2015 7:17 PM

Oct 2013
I think it's a good ep. Basically all humans have the dark side. So it's quite true to the nature.
Shimada would really regret it if he didn't kill the detective a second time after he found out detective was the "second" person hurting his sister emotionally.
Mar 8, 2015 7:40 PM

Jul 2010
I really didn't expect Shimada guy to actually break those air hookey plates or whatever you call them.In most anime he would stop because crying girl is trying to stop him with feels, but nah, he just went and crashed it with a smile at the end.
IMO Decim's way of judging is not bad.How does exactly Onna think he should judge them? maybe let people play rage game and who destroys keyboard first goes to void? ._.
Anyway, can't wait to see what's next.Decim's development incoming.

Lahi said:
Anyone find it stupid how God had a shortage of arbiters, that he had to send Decim to judge people who kill?

Wouldn't it be common sense to just create more arbiters?
Didn't you watch episode 7? Nona asked Castra to send those 2 to Decim and Castra said that they should be sent to special arbiters, but Nona somehow convinced her.
Mar 8, 2015 7:57 PM

Nov 2007
Fujiwara Keiji at his very best! This guy is so amazing.

Anyways, the episode was unbearable. I was left utterly speechless and was sad to see Tatsumi becoming a victim when they showed Shimada was the one who stabbed him to death but then when they revealed what he did just to get his target marked, I wanted Shimada to f*cking kill him over and over again, twice is not even enough. I would have done the same if I were in Shimada's place.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 8, 2015 8:17 PM
Aug 2013
Amazing , poor shimada really lost it and the ending was just perfect with the song. I feel bad for decim tho , it's like she bashed his all existence ( I mean what she says is true as fk) but he never knew something else but his job and doing his judgements , how could he possibly understand how a fkn human works? Also nona gave him a really hard pair this time. And that look at the end , cant wait for next episode x.x
Mar 8, 2015 9:03 PM
Aug 2011
Onna = too fucking annoying
Mar 8, 2015 10:02 PM

Jan 2013
AR_319 said:
Nanashi- said:

I'm confused here as well. They never confirmed it but even if they would have done => this time they only implied they both went to the same place and not even that was confirmed. We saw one mask. This could basically mean anything. Though I guess that was the intention. Make people speculate about it(the same reason they never clarified which mask is which).

True. I think it's natural to assume that both went to 'hell', but even then, there's a possibility that hell is not the void. Personally, I'm leaning more towards the opposite: hell is reincarnation and heaven is void.

It's explained in the first episode. Maybe both of you dind't bother to watch after the ending.

The guy went to the white mask and was reincarnated, the woman goes to the red mask and was sent to the void.
Mar 8, 2015 10:23 PM

Apr 2009
thank god no one said siscon

great ep tho
RandomPerson4 said:
YES! FUCK YOU LIGHT YAGAMI! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!
Mar 8, 2015 10:35 PM

Oct 2013
My goodness... that was intense and amazing... Kurokami's words in the final scene... that was truly what I needed right now. Another episode filled with moral ambiguity; I love that we don't actually find out how each character was judged. I wonder how I should feel about finding myself agreeing more with the detective.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 8, 2015 10:58 PM
Dec 2014
What an amazing episode

Maybe it's early to say this but i think

this episode the best episode in 2015
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2015 12:47 AM

Dec 2012
(OoO) An incredible episode, this arc was great !
The scene when Onna got angry against Decim was beautiful. The mind of the killers was very detailed, hard to make a better episode.
Great job Madhouse !
Mar 9, 2015 2:19 AM

May 2014
HOLY SHIT, THAT WAS AMAZING. I wonder if Decim's going to start judging people differently from now on? Or maybe Onna's going to have a more influential role in whether people get reincarnated or not.
Mar 9, 2015 2:53 AM

Oct 2010
Damn, both were sent to the void. Very good episode, but they left out a very important answer, how the kid died.

I'm assuming people aren't sent to be judged right away, only when the victims and criminals are both dead. Unless I missed something, I'm lead to believe this happened years ago and the kid died in prison, by execution or natural causes.
Mar 9, 2015 2:57 AM

Oct 2010
Zadion said:
My goodness... that was intense and amazing... Kurokami's words in the final scene... that was truly what I needed right now. Another episode filled with moral ambiguity; I love that we don't actually find out how each character was judged. I wonder how I should feel about finding myself agreeing more with the detective.

It was quite clear they both were sent to the void. Both their souls became tainted. If it wasn't already clear to the viewers, they showed one void mask to clarify both of their fates.
Mar 9, 2015 3:30 AM

Apr 2011
This anime is gonna get s2 soon XD
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Mar 9, 2015 3:34 AM

Dec 2013
Ganbat said:

Not with the sales it's getting.
Mar 9, 2015 7:19 AM

Jul 2014
Ganbat said:

The sells is doing so and unfortunately there's no chance it will happens.

Mar 9, 2015 9:07 AM

Dec 2013
Amazing. Thrilling. Intense.

Thanks Madhouse.

5/5. Death Parade. Story Telling.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Mar 9, 2015 11:43 AM

Aug 2014
wow, i got chills when the ending song started playing
Mar 9, 2015 12:29 PM

Oct 2013
Such a intense episode OMG!! did not expect that!!

Madhouse you are amazing!!
Mar 9, 2015 12:33 PM

Jan 2014
After this do you think they will continue for another season?
Mar 9, 2015 2:56 PM

Feb 2008
All's well in the animation department. Some rather intense action this week. I guess, a person killing another must have a drop of darkness in his or her soul. Or a barrel of it. No matter the reason.

And that grin as he crushed those final pucks...
Mar 9, 2015 3:11 PM

Oct 2013
Finished watching Ep8 and Ep9 just now (had to catch up, been busy :P ) and holy crap that was awesome, pls keep this up for the last episodes
Mar 9, 2015 3:28 PM

Mar 2015
Decent episode, I think judgement is made fairly though. Heaven and hell are used as concepts to reveals one's true nature but in Buddhism there is no Heaven or Hell , Good or Bad. So one can't say that the void is a punishment and that reincarnation is Heaven.
Samurai_JinMar 9, 2015 3:32 PM
Fish use the water surrounding their bodies to sense what will happen next... you can't fight the current you have to flow with it. If you do that, you might just catch the fish.

Mar 9, 2015 8:39 PM
Nov 2014
Holy shit, this was good. Best episode so far and the ending's just amazing.
Mar 10, 2015 1:01 AM

May 2014
Oh my god, that was such a great episode. I didn't expect the outcome to be this intense. One of the only episodes that I have ever watched that actually left me shocked and speechless.

I wonder how Decim is going to be in the next episodes after being lashed by Onna about his way of judgement.
Mar 10, 2015 5:07 AM

Sep 2014
I felt sadness, hatred, and despair on this episode. I held back a few sincere tears. I was so moved. Splendid production.
Mar 10, 2015 6:23 AM

Mar 2015
I believe Shimada was stabbed but the stalker when he first fought him, that is how he died. I am not 100% but it makes sense
Fish use the water surrounding their bodies to sense what will happen next... you can't fight the current you have to flow with it. If you do that, you might just catch the fish.

Mar 10, 2015 6:32 AM

Dec 2013
Samurai_Jin said:
I believe Shimada was stabbed but the stalker when he first fought him, that is how he died. I am not 100% but it makes sense

He would've had to die the same time as the detective so that would definitely be it.
Mar 10, 2015 7:05 AM

Mar 2013
holy fuck, the black haired chick is annoying. Screaming and crying around even though its already decided that the boy is going to the void since he couldnt controll himself without the influence of her. Decim would be a fucking idiot to decide otherwise.
When you look at this game i think its pretty unfair to judge them. They both got into a similair situation but the detective is way older and wise(with more knowledge and experience) and actually knows stuff about how the world works, on the other hand you got the little dumb brat who is just like "you let this happen, i am going to kill you", even though
1.) the detective carefully explained how letting "it" happen would save many other girls ( and his sister didnt even die)
2.) the detective would have had to risk his own live to save her, since he is old and the blond guy had a knife.
3.) he already killed the detective and now ONLY faces the decision to go into heaven or hell, which was clearly said to him
his mindless idiotic attitude clearly results out of his youth and probably his failed education. (but, ok.. there are probably enough ppl with finished education who are stupid like this)
Mar 10, 2015 7:09 AM

Dec 2013
Lockensocke said:
holy fuck, the black haired chick is annoying. Screaming and crying around even though its already decided that the boy is going to the void since he couldnt controll himself without the influence of her. Decim would be a fucking idiot to decide otherwise.
When you look at this game i think its pretty unfair to judge them. They both got into a similair situation but the detective is way older and wise(with more knowledge and experience) and actually knows stuff about how the world works, on the other hand you got the little dumb brat who is just like "you let this happen, i am going to kill you", even though
1.) the detective carefully explained how letting "it" happen would save many other girls ( and his sister didnt even die)
2.) the detective would have had to risk his own live to save her, since he is old and the blond guy had a knife.
3.) he already killed the detective and now ONLY faces the decision to go into heaven or hell, which was clearly said to him
his mindless idiotic attitude clearly results out of his youth and probably his failed education. (but, ok.. there are probably enough ppl with finished education who are stupid like this)

You do realise that Tatsumi wasn't actually acting within the law?
Mar 10, 2015 7:14 AM

Mar 2013
G_Spark233 said:

but shimada was or what?
Mar 10, 2015 7:18 AM

Dec 2013
Lockensocke said:
G_Spark233 said:

but shimada was or what?
No they were both murderers.

Tatsumi was acting out of his own self righteousness. He believed that he should only kill after they did something wrong for the sale of avenging someone.

He was perfectly capable of saving Sae but chose not to due to his new found believe that if it is for revenge then it's the right thing to do.
Mar 10, 2015 7:29 AM

Mar 2013
G_Spark233 said:
[

Tatsumi was acting out of his own self righteousness. He believed that he should only kill after they did something wrong for the sale of avenging someone.

He was perfectly capable of saving Sae but chose not to due to his new found believe that if it is for revenge then it's the right thing to do.

Well his own righteousness wasnt really explained a lot in this episode....would he have kill those ppl he were stalking? (which he didnt say) Then he would put himself above the law and would act on his own yeah.. but i assumed he stalked them for information so he would have them arrested (where a crime needs to be committed.. yeah.. attending a crime is also a crime.. but its not judged that hard.. thats basically his point i guess) Yeah its not that super "following the law" kind of personality, its the personality of a guy who lost his wife ( so a pretty big part of his life.. maybe even his reason) and just wants to get more of such criminals arrested...and thats the best way he could think of to do that.

And like i said before.. he would have to risk his OWN life to rescure the girls.
Mar 10, 2015 8:21 AM
Jul 2018
Lockensocke said:

Well his own righteousness wasnt really explained a lot in this episode....would he have kill those ppl he were stalking? (which he didnt say) Then he would put himself above the law and would act on his own yeah.. but i assumed he stalked them for information so he would have them arrested (where a crime needs to be committed.. yeah.. attending a crime is also a crime.. but its not judged that hard.. thats basically his point i guess) Yeah its not that super "following the law" kind of personality, its the personality of a guy who lost his wife ( so a pretty big part of his life.. maybe even his reason) and just wants to get more of such criminals arrested...and thats the best way he could think of to do that.

And like i said before.. he would have to risk his OWN life to rescure the girls.

Attending a crime is judged harshly, it's considered being an accomplice. He could have brought his gun with him and incapacitated the guy when the assault started, or called for backup if he was scared for his life. However, he chose to simply watch. His responsibility in Sae's assault is nearly as great as the actual criminal, in my opinion.

Anyway, although I usually like the world-building episodes much better, I really liked this one. It's nice to see the themes be explored, although I'm finding the black-haired girl annoying as hell. I tend to agree with Decim's manipulations.
Mar 10, 2015 8:37 AM

Mar 2015
This episode is definitely one of the best directed episodes I've seen in a while. The music, the shots, the voice acting : everything was perfect. Madhouse is really on a whole other level.

I hope the series will soar new highs, even though it'll be hard to top the somberness of that episode. The ending left me speechless, but I guess that was the way to go. Murder is murder. Once you've crossed that line, I guess you've reached the point of no return, even if your intentions were not "evil" in the first place.

Very psychological episode. Had made me think a lot afterwards. That doesn't happen often.
Mar 10, 2015 8:42 AM

Mar 2013
DrCoppelius said:

Attending a crime is judged harshly, it's considered being an accomplice. He could have brought his gun with him and incapacitated the guy when the assault started, or called for backup if he was scared for his life. However, he chose to simply watch. His responsibility in Sae's assault is nearly as great as the actual criminal, in my opinion.

Anyway, although I usually like the world-building episodes much better, I really liked this one. It's nice to see the themes be explored, although I'm finding the black-haired girl annoying as hell. I tend to agree with Decim's manipulations.

Even if he brought a gun, he would have to risk his life, since the blond guy could easily throw his knife at him, or maybe he brought a gun too. Its still risky even if the detective is probably a way better shooter, he could have a bad day and miss, while the blond guy had luck.

And the problem of bringing back up is that you dont know if the blond guy is still there if you leave and search for help.. yeah you could call the cops, but maybe the guy hears you and runs away..

But thats only some excuses.. i know that the detective doesnt want the girl to be saved. Maybe as a detective he knows a lot about the policework in his town and thinks they tend to let those kind of people get away easier then he thinks they should.
I myself, still think his actions are more understandable than the kids, since he lost his wife.
LockensockeMar 10, 2015 8:46 AM
Mar 10, 2015 9:55 AM
Jul 2013
This was a nice dark episode to contrast the previous ones in how it showed one of the darkest sides of human nature - murder. I wasn't expecting Tatsumi ending up to be Shimada's temptation, but given his savior complex I guess it would be inevitable.
Mar 10, 2015 12:20 PM

Aug 2013
Episode full of sentimentality, even the woman trying to interfere with the judgment, the dark side of the soul is expressed and presented the results of the judgment, the development was very good, and I want to see how Decim will act from now on ..
Mar 10, 2015 2:08 PM

Mar 2013
Damn! every time i watch this anime my body start shaking from all the hype
then i have to wait the whole week for the next episode :(

One of the best anime episodes i watch in years,
this episode touch my heart in so many ways.
5/5 Masterpiece

To bad it isnt 20+ episodes show, cant wait to next episode.
NisxMar 10, 2015 2:14 PM
Mar 10, 2015 2:53 PM
Nov 2010
Nice episode. It touched on a particular subject and executed it well.
Mar 10, 2015 3:17 PM

Oct 2011
It never showed the younger kid die.

Don't the victims need to die at the same time?
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Mar 10, 2015 4:01 PM

Apr 2013
Does anyone know how Shimada ended up dying? Did I just miss that detail?
Mar 10, 2015 5:11 PM

Dec 2012
ANIME OF THE YEAR 2015!!! That ep was just... a pure beauty and so DAMN epic!
Mar 10, 2015 6:17 PM

Jul 2014
Mind = Blown.
Mar 10, 2015 7:37 PM
Mar 2015
Forever_A said:
AR_319 said:

True. I think it's natural to assume that both went to 'hell', but even then, there's a possibility that hell is not the void. Personally, I'm leaning more towards the opposite: hell is reincarnation and heaven is void.

It's explained in the first episode. Maybe both of you dind't bother to watch after the ending.

The guy went to the white mask and was reincarnated, the woman goes to the red mask and was sent to the void.

Aaah, I see... Sorry, I did watch that part, but once again, my memory has failed me... Right, so white mask is reincarnation and the red is void, but it doesn't really imply which is "heaven" and "hell", right? Or did I miss that too!?
Anyways, just because they showed the void mask in the end, it doesn't mean they both went to the void, or, even less accurately, "hell". I might be an idiot for being so skeptical about these things, but I plan to stay suspicious till the end!

...I really hope they do decide to explain everything clearly later.
Mar 10, 2015 7:56 PM
May 2014
AR_319 said:
Forever_A said:

Aaah, I see... Sorry, I did watch that part, but once again, my memory has failed me... Right, so white mask is reincarnation and the red is void, but it doesn't really imply which is "heaven" and "hell", right? Or did I miss that too!?
Anyways, just because they showed the void mask in the end, it doesn't mean they both went to the void, or, even less accurately, "hell". I might be an idiot for being so skeptical about these things, but I plan to stay suspicious till the end!

...I really hope they do decide to explain everything clearly later.

They only used heaven/hell as alternate names of reincarnation and void, as
mentioned in one of the first episodes.

Onna's words wouldn't make sense if hell was reincarnation because if it was, then
her words and actions wouldn't match. She talked about reincarnation and being able
to see his sister again sometime while trying to keep him from doing something that
would send him to "hell" (void). But he still did it.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Mar 10, 2015 9:19 PM
Dec 2014
Lockensocke said:
G_Spark233 said:
[

Actually he DID say he would kill them. When Shimada learned that Tatsumi was the man his sister had been talking about he asked him why he didn't do anything to save her. His answer was "because then I couldn't kill him." So yes he was acting above the law. Even when he entered the rapists apartment he put a cloth over the door knob so that he wouldn't leave fingerprints.
Pages (12) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

450 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

839 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

672 by NikoFool »»
Apr 2, 10:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.