Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 18, 2015 4:11 PM

Oct 2012
Aurioch said:
Mich666 said:
Didn't like Gil's attitude 'I'm gonna show you how badass I'm and then beat you - just because I can'

But that's Gil right there. He was always acting like that, and most notable moments for that is when he showcases Ea against Shirou in both Fate and UBW.

The problem is he shouldn't be acting this way as a child. I don't care about Kaleid manga but in Ataraxia

Not to mention he was separated from his "bad" self at that time. This just felt like they forcefully mixed his older corrupted Gil's thinking in untainted child's mind.

I understand things may be working differently here but... well, it just felt weird to me.
(we can apply the same to Caren who only served to explain things in this series. she is pretty much afterthought here)

The last episode was great, that's a fact but I would actually do without all the fighting and have only slice-of-life comedy full of references, that when I'm enjoying this series the most. Because sometimes it just feels like they are trying way too hard to fit some things in.

Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Actually I still haven't read the manga (Plan to after this season ends) and I guessed she was from an alternate reality based off her comments about Shirou and part in the opening where it showed who looked like Shirou chained up. I'm not sure if another world=alternate reality, but I DID guess alternate reality without any spoilers.

Yeah, I haven't read the manga, and I guess that too. It wasn't actually hard to think it out as there were many hints along the way. In fact, I would say it was almost obvious.

The surprising thing here was her being the complete grail, that's something I would have never guessed.
But I'm still wondering myself what character from Fate universe she should resemble.
Mich666Sep 18, 2015 4:26 PM
Sep 18, 2015 4:18 PM

Aug 2010
On a rewatch i noticed this small difference from the previous episode's preview and this one.

Preview:

Episode:

This is really interesting because Gil's shield in the preview is actually closer to the manga:

While the new one is more of a nice nod to 3rei (vague and not really all that spoiler-ish, but still. Open at your own risk):

I really like how the directors of this show is doing things.
Sep 18, 2015 4:40 PM

Jul 2007
Mich666 said:
Aurioch said:

But that's Gil right there. He was always acting like that, and most notable moments for that is when he showcases Ea against Shirou in both Fate and UBW.

The problem is he shouldn't be acting this way as a child. I don't care about Kaleid manga but in Ataraxia

Not to mention he was separated from his "bad" self at that time. This just felt like they forcefully mixed his older corrupted Gil's thinking in untainted child's mind.

I understand things may be working differently here but... well, it just felt weird to me.
(we can apply the same to Caren who only served to explain things in this series. she is pretty much afterthought here)

Except that there's no "tainted or corrupted" gil. Way to misinterpret things.

The last episode was great, that's a fact but I would actually do without all the fighting and have only slice-of-life comedy full of references, that when I'm enjoying this series the most. Because sometimes it just feels like they are trying way too hard to fit some things in.

You might as well drop it and go watch Carnival Phantasm because your bitching level will only increase from now on.

Prillya was never about "sol comedy full of references" and will never be especially now.
Sep 18, 2015 5:29 PM
Jan 2014
For people who've read the manga is this shouta character going to be recurring (and how often if so)
Sep 18, 2015 5:39 PM

Aug 2010
FirionHope said:
For people who've read the manga is this shouta character going to be recurring (and how often if so)
Sep 18, 2015 5:39 PM

Aug 2010
FirionHope said:

Sep 18, 2015 6:03 PM

Oct 2012
CookingPriest said:
Prillya was never about "sol comedy full of references" and will never be especially now.

Except that first 6 episodes (more than half) of this season was pretty much this. Not counting all ovas and specials.
But well, I plan to complete Tsukihime and watch Carnival Phantasm anyway.
Sep 18, 2015 6:12 PM

Jul 2007
Mich666 said:
CookingPriest said:

Except that first 6 episodes (more than half) of this season was pretty much this.

I guess FSN is romcom harem comedy about cooking then.
Sep 18, 2015 6:41 PM

Nov 2011
why is this only 10 eps, while other shits get more episodes.
I watched the Saber fight about 2 years ago and was disappointed and dropped it, then watched the Bazett fight and got hooked, watched all episodes, then read the 3rei manga... the fights ends up getting better why 10 eps only.

Cloe said fake nine lives last season but Gilgamesh did'nt say True Nine Lives, now I need to explain that scene to others. My only real complaint so far.
I missed that Berserker part, I only started the manga at the Golden boy chapter. What exactly are the changes? Illya fled after defeating Assasin in the anime.

Still image for pv, I'm worried that they encountered problems with next ep so they only have a pic.
ernstSep 19, 2015 4:03 AM
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Sep 18, 2015 6:49 PM

Jul 2014
when you thought the fanservice is over and then Gil presents you the final ultimate fanservice xD that Ko-Gil is over 9000 xDD

"There's no shameful place on my body" ROFL
Sep 18, 2015 6:52 PM

Mar 2015
Shota and loli fanservice , Silver Link is truly convering all of their bases
Sep 18, 2015 7:06 PM

Jan 2011
Even Kid Gil is above walking on the ground :P

have to say favorite part this episode was the jamming OST
Sep 18, 2015 8:06 PM

May 2014
Manly tears were shed, I cried the whole time. You go Illya, go slap a bitch.

Even better than the manga, just because they're using the inevitability of 3rei to set everything up perfectly. Also the OST is pumping.

Monsters arms were eww, but either it got better by the end or I just got used to it. Shame they didn't say why Caren was in intense pain, but the "I'm a canary" line hinted pretty well.

Ko-Gil the best, all other Gil a shit.
Sep 18, 2015 8:39 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Dual Stick Transformation > Transformed Illya + Miyu attack together?

I love Illya's Potara Fusion transformation, it could solve many previous problems actually.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 18, 2015 9:25 PM

Jul 2012
F_Bernkastel said:
Can we just have Gil as protag. . .please?

yeah, just wait for the next season, he's on the team

Sep 18, 2015 10:54 PM

May 2013
So, Miyu is Jesus 2.0? O_o;

BTW, Silver Link outsourced one episode of Non non biyori to David Productions, I wonder if they will for 3rei?
Sep 18, 2015 10:55 PM

Jul 2012
F_Bernkastel said:
Can we just have Gil as protag. . .please?

You will in Drei. not for long though. But he did his part well

RayAdha said:
Dual Stick Transformation > Transformed Illya + Miyu attack together?

I love Illya's Potara Fusion transformation, it could solve many previous problems actually.

Maybe it's more like multiplication, or even exponential. The effect is similar to the 'Blooming' in Yuuki Yuuna wa Yusha de aru. I won't give much spoiler but it is similar to that. I guess this is considered a spoiler enough.
よろしく!
Sep 19, 2015 2:01 AM
Sep 2014
shadow_black said:
Maybe it's more like multiplication, or even exponential. The effect is similar to the 'Blooming' in Yuuki Yuuna wa Yusha de aru. I won't give much spoiler but it is similar to that. I guess this is considered a spoiler enough.

I think one thing we can mention though, is that fans of F/SN will recognise what she's doing from her line in the preview, because a certain someone has (unintentionally) done something similar.
Sep 19, 2015 2:20 AM

Jan 2015
CookingPriest said:
Mich666 said:

Except that first 6 episodes (more than half) of this season was pretty much this.

I guess FSN is romcom harem comedy about cooking then.

I KNEW IT!
Sep 19, 2015 2:44 AM

Feb 2015
Illya didn't even dodge that big shit sword. she made that sword flying...
I never seen illya that angry before. SCARY!!! and her voice in the PV.
Damn!! She really mad angry....

So it means , she was the grail. the other grail, or the grail from the pararel world. Not suprised after hearing that.

This episode really crazy especiall for illya. Can't wait to see the final episode!
Sep 19, 2015 4:15 AM

Jan 2015
Great. Finally series hold good level for many episodes in row.
Mich666 said:
CookingPriest said:

Except that first 6 episodes (more than half) of this season was pretty much this. Not counting all ovas and specials.

Except the fact that at least half of those 6 episodes are FORCEFULLY added, just to fit 2x10 cours.
I still think that 2wei would be better with 16 episodes, but such move is unrealistic in anime company...
Sep 19, 2015 4:26 AM
Feb 2013
Was waiting for that transformation ever since Miyu let go of Sapphire. Slicing that giant sword in a split second was badass but seems like it can go much further.

Illya wants to TouMAN the hell out of Miyu.

Not a manga reader but Kaleid/3rei hype.
Sep 19, 2015 6:24 AM

Jun 2013
all those revelations about Miyu shit
Sep 19, 2015 7:35 AM
Sep 2013
I'm sorry, but I'm slow as hell. I have absolutley no idea what is going on.

Why did Miyu just give up on life?

Why is Miyu so upset about her secret?

What is that giant monster thing?

How did Gil and the monster thing split apart? And then why did he just hop on back inside it?

How did Illya do the double stick transform like that and did the sticks already know about this double transform thing? (If so then they are kinda jerks for not sharing).

If Miyu is the grail, then what the heck are Illya and Kuro? And I still don't even understand what Kuro is.

Why were the cards pulsing? What did that have to do with anything?

I did not enjoy this epsidoe and I am desparately confused...
Sep 19, 2015 7:54 AM

Nov 2010
Somebody didn't pay attention to this and previous episode(s)... I'd just screenshot everything, but since screenshotting and uploading would take too long for me, I'll just answer with words.

alienrox said:
Why did Miyu just give up on life?

As Gil said, she was irregularity born of the world itself. Because of that Miyu belives she's the cause of suffering, and that she can't escape from her fate as the Holy Grail no matter how hard she tries.

alienrox said:

She wanted to find friends. Telling everyone you're Holy Grail doesn't help, now, does it?

alienrox said:
What is that giant monster thing?

alienrox said:
How did Gil and the monster thing split apart?

Watch after credits of ep8. -.-'

alienrox said:
And then why did he just hop on back inside it?

alienrox said:
How did Illya do the double stick transform like that and did the sticks already know about this double transform thing? (If so then they are kinda jerks for not sharing).

Wait for next episode.

alienrox said:
If Miyu is the grail, then what the heck are Illya and Kuro? And I still don't even understand what Kuro is.

Miyu is the Grail of the parallel world. Illya is the Grail of her world. Kuro is sealed part of Illya merged with Archer (EMIYA) class card. You know, part which Iri and Kiritsugu sealed more than 10 years ago.

alienrox said:
Why were the cards pulsing? What did that have to do with anything?

Honestly, you just need to pay more attention...
AuriochSep 19, 2015 8:18 AM
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Sep 19, 2015 8:31 AM

Jul 2007
Aurioch said:

alienrox said:

She wanted to find friends. Telling everyone you're Holy Grail doesn't help, now, does it?

Telling that you came from another world would not help, also.
Or that your shit is the source of all the trouble going on.

Miyu is the Grail of the parallel world. Illya is the Grail of her world. Kuro is sealed part of Illya merged with Archer (EMIYA) class card. You know, part which Iri and Kiritsugu sealed more than 10 years ago.

People seem to believe there's only one grail or universe.

Its obviously not the case because this is part of nasuverse.

There are thousands of worlds.
And pretty much any sufficient wish-granting device is referred to as "Grail". None of them are the real thing from mythos but are deemed to come close enough.
Sep 19, 2015 8:36 AM

Nov 2010
CookingPriest said:

And pretty much any sufficient wish-granting device is referred to as "Grail". None of them are the real thing from mythos but are deemed to come close enough.

Pretty much this.

Plus, from King of Heroes himself:
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Sep 19, 2015 9:20 AM

May 2013
CookingPriest said:
Aurioch said:

Telling that you came from another world would not help, also.
Or that your shit is the source of all the trouble going on.

I do not think Miyu is afraid Illya would give her the cold shoulder because of her secret, IMO she is afraid that once the secret is out, the past she is running from will again trap her. Even if they had left the eight card to fester in imaginary space, can you imagine how many mages (related and unrelated to the grail wars) would hunt Miyu down the moment her secret is out in the open? Maybe that is the reason there is no Miyu in Illya's (and many others) world, someone somewhere has (probably years ago) used Miyu (and an empty grail is, you know ...).
mangamuscleSep 19, 2015 2:23 PM
Sep 19, 2015 9:22 AM

Aug 2010
CookingPriest said:

Well, Zelretch was also introduced in the very first episode. If that wasn't enough of a sign for everyone to pick up on, i don't know what is.
Sep 19, 2015 12:09 PM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
CookingPriest said:

Well, Zelretch was also introduced in the very first episode. If that wasn't enough of a sign for everyone to pick up on, i don't know what is.

Sadly majority of the viewers dont even seem to know who that is.
Sep 19, 2015 6:25 PM
Sep 2015
Although SLIVER LINK has modified many problem in episode 7 and episode 8, there are still many problem... eg the CGI, which is much worse than the ufotable one.
But on the other hand, I APPRECITAE THIS EPISODE. It's fantastic and appreciation-worthy.
Sep 19, 2015 6:58 PM

May 2013
I suspect the CGI will be reworked in the blu-ray release, even in the 1st season there were some unfinished scenes on the tv broadcast that were corrected later on.
Sep 20, 2015 9:58 AM

Jul 2013
A nice episode.
Gilgamesh is cool even as a kid.
Nice to see Bazett fight a little too.
I don't like the cgi though.
Sep 20, 2015 12:46 PM

Mar 2015
Guilek said:
A nice episode.
Gilgamesh is cool only as a kid.
Nice to see Bazett fight a little too.
I don't like the cgi though.

ftfy
Sep 20, 2015 4:57 PM

Oct 2011
Miyu is the grail from a parallel World OMG
Sep 21, 2015 11:41 AM

Aug 2013
ernietheracefanSep 21, 2015 9:32 PM
Sep 21, 2015 3:33 PM

Aug 2010
ernietheracefan said:
So basically, Miyu is

First, please spoiler that. A lot of people here are anime-onlies.
Second, not quite.
Sep 23, 2015 11:39 AM

Dec 2014
Really liking Ko-Gil's VA.

CookingPriest said:
Atram151 said:
Silver Link, pls

Yeah 3rei is pretty much 99% surely confirmed by now.

Agreed.
Sep 23, 2015 5:10 PM

Mar 2008
I sure hope the optimism for Drei is on the money. That arc is so good that they have to tackle it. Be a shame not to.

Either way we are set up for an epic last episode for Herz. Can't wait to see things unfold with Illya having kicked things up a notch.
Sep 28, 2015 8:12 AM

Nov 2011
Episode interesting but not what one might think, too many dialogues break the thread of the action, making it less compelling clash, what a pity. I hope that in the next episode, do not overdo it again with the talk but that gives space to fight, I want to see blood flow.
Oct 5, 2015 12:15 AM

Oct 2008
That was EPICly done episode!
cool new form of illya! dual magic sticks! (well its not really dual but merged sticks)
so...OK...Miyu was not from this world..but instead she from another parallel world but a defect because almost exact human form copy of the grail or watever...i didn't catch that really...haha
anywayz the effects they used when golden boy is picking-up his clothes was like from UBW effects!
was illya really that powerfull right now?
5/5.

Oct 8, 2015 2:44 PM

Jun 2008
Pfft....that's not even her final form!
Oct 30, 2015 4:48 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that CGI was bad, but at least the development was decent. Up to the last episode!
Feb 1, 2016 12:34 AM

Aug 2009
hope caren doesnt die ;_;

was pretty good buildup but for some reason i can't stop laughing when ilya transforms with the two sticks... it just occured as a bit cliche to me i guess (good nonetheless)

off topic but i really should get my hands on some f/ha works soon
Oct 31, 2016 2:35 PM

Nov 2013
Illya's slap was cool.

Also awesome new transformation.

Poor Miyu.
TheBigGuyOct 31, 2016 5:30 PM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 26, 2017 10:15 AM

Apr 2013
Wait, so Miyu knew what she is and still rushed together with Illya where Gil landed? Is she like retarded? xD
Jul 16, 2017 8:33 AM

Jul 2009
I lol'd when Illya removed her transformation just to bitch slap kid Gilgamesh XD

So there's also another Shirou in Miyu's world as well?

Last episode let's go!
Sep 8, 2018 6:12 PM
May 2017
New transformation seems to be incredibly powerful. I expected Gilgamesh to befriend them.
Nov 14, 2018 4:06 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Illya Reborn!!! kekeke
Well, nice third consecutive episode adn this is near to the end!!!!
I hope Illya rescue at Miyu!!! :/
Nov 22, 2019 12:10 AM
Mar 2018
Its just hit me that when Miyu mentioned Shrio reminded her of her own brother she was in fact referring to Gilgamesh, as they are both Archer class, and similar in some of there powers. Possibly...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2015

75 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2015

170 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 4, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2015

97 by Karva1 »»
Feb 21, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2015

55 by Karva1 »»
Feb 21, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2015

85 by Karva1 »»
Feb 20, 10:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.