Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jun 25, 2023 5:38 AM
Apr 2023
I tink this series as actually nois
Jun 25, 2023 7:08 AM

Jul 2013
erzaalbarn said:
DatRandomDude said:
Yeah, both Usami and Shiro share the same voice actors, have white hair, and like to tinker with stuff.

Now that I think about it even further, I'm 100% convinced its both Shiro and Mimihime in the future, which makes the kids' facility part of the anime most likely in the past (especially with the final scene after episode title drop where Mimihime most likely saw whats going to happen in the future in her dream, which is why she's happy)

Yess, that’s what I understood after seeing the end credit scene

damn, now it made sense.
it's connected.

thank you!

---

PaninaManina said:
Don't want to post anymore more images, but anyone else noticed a focus on hands in this episode?
Various striking momentos, big and small, involving hands in this episode.

for example? could you elaborate?
thanks
Jun 25, 2023 8:04 PM

Dec 2020
Ffs I knew the moment I saw a gun in his hand while on the roof alone with the dead girl that it wasn't going to end pleasantly.
Jun 27, 2023 10:43 AM
Feb 2023
This episode is a damned masterpiece.
Jun 29, 2023 1:37 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lone man arrive, giving the quest.
The quest: ...

Look at how the whiteshirt sheep bunches easily got lead into the wrong hand because of one rock. The misunderstanding tho, holy shit. Poor people share such a weird fate by those butterfly effect. The hotel part makes a great contribute here, and now Maru shall learn more than what they've been doing those far. Usami held those symbol button again, prolong the mystery beyond the reach. Tho, a one more step into their goal, either if its mean to finding Maru's heaven or not, while also answering the symbol, we, shall, see....

Looks like the story change the side into the pioneer children one again. Mimihime and her weird dark dream, must be not a good sign....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 1, 2023 5:43 AM

Jul 2015
Rip Usami, at least he was actually a great person, unlike what those Whiteshirts tried to paint him to be, for saving those people by removing the diseased bodyparts and his loved ones by letting her die as a human.

Jul 1, 2023 5:17 PM

May 2016
This was legit beyond sad. and the hideous Dr.Usami we all thought who he was, was actually a kindhearted Doc that helped so many people just to save his baby girl might not even be related by blood.

Those fake white Jacks gonna get a really bad ending if my gut feeling is right that Hiruko under the car going to give them a nasty death.

Maru on the other hand feeling down cause what he did and I can't blame him taking life isn't easy especially someone in that condition it's even harder and to make it worse Usami shot himself in the end of it with the classic crow as if being a death reaper staring at it's pray.

This one was certainly the best episode from the show so far, this one gave me Made in Abyss feels all over again.
Jul 3, 2023 12:44 AM

Nov 2013
I'm glad the doctor turned out to be not so bad after all, just misunderstood.

Seeing her admire the sky before her death was beautiful. The OST really made it. Kino scene.

Damn, doctor killed himself. Couldn't live with the pain of losing her. ;_;

I feel bad for Maru. Just wanted to give her a peaceful death, but it lead to more guilt. Dude needs a hug.

Best episode so far. I wasn't expecting to get teary-eyed during this.

Jul 4, 2023 5:53 PM
Apr 2023
muito triste esse episodio me fez chorar bastante.
Jul 6, 2023 4:44 AM
Apr 2017
ep incrivel, foda de mais
Jul 6, 2023 3:33 PM
Dec 2020
it made me and my sister cry our eyes out
Jul 7, 2023 12:03 PM
Jul 2020
Reading the comments... isn't it obvious to everyone that Dr. Usami is a white boy from a special institution who is in love with Mimihime, and the girl in bandages is Mimihime in the future? No, this is not a spoiler, I haven't looked further yet, but is it obvious?
Yes, before the end of the episode, I also thought that she was his daughter, but after the end, then ...
Jul 8, 2023 8:01 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Oh My God, The eye message jumped me like a mf.
Jul 8, 2023 11:52 AM
Sep 2019
um melhores episódios de todos animes que eu já vi, maravilhoso
Jul 16, 2023 6:11 AM
May 2020
My favorite episode, it has touched my heart and I have cried a lot. The soundtrack has been a 10/10.
And the most important thing is that many things have been revealed... Simply, SPECTACULAR.
Jul 17, 2023 8:18 PM
Jul 2023
This episode is a masterpiece, nothing more to say.
Jul 19, 2023 3:33 AM
Jul 2020
made me tear up, it was really well done
Jul 21, 2023 1:07 PM
Apr 2020
a touching story, words can't explain the mixed feelings fused in this episodes
Jul 25, 2023 11:26 AM
Oct 2020
oh wow i was so surprised with how good this episode was. wow.
Jul 27, 2023 10:09 PM

Mar 2019
its definitely feeling a bit slower now, dont think we will be close to any kind of conclusion this season
Jul 29, 2023 12:54 AM
Feb 2021
Only a great anime can make me cry for a character that I've only known for a few minutes.
Aug 4, 2023 5:23 AM
Feb 2021
this episode is the best one until now. Full of emotions.
Aug 4, 2023 10:48 AM
Aug 2021
such an emotional episode.
Aug 5, 2023 5:56 PM
Apr 2021
This episode hit bottom of my heart
Aug 6, 2023 3:32 PM
Sep 2017
damn this made me cry, rip doctor
Aug 13, 2023 11:41 AM

Jan 2013
she was clearly an amputee
Aug 17, 2023 9:48 AM
Mar 2021
One of the saddest anime episodes I have ever watched. Extremely beautiful. Had me tearing up man.
Aug 21, 2023 3:13 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Damn I hate it when this kind of story just suddenly appear and hit you hard, I don't prepared for the surprise sad feeling at all
Aug 23, 2023 9:26 AM

Apr 2020
Completely heartbreaking and amazing ep. 
Aug 24, 2023 11:54 AM

Aug 2014
This was the first good episode in this anime.. the story of doctor and that girl is understandable and beautiful, the story of people on both sides is also clear and good
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 29, 2023 11:45 AM

Jul 2012
This episode was just too good :<
Sep 3, 2023 3:41 PM

Feb 2018
Poor dr Usami couldn't keep going =(. This episode really went for our feels. Felt really bad for Maru towards the end of the episode, Kiruko better hug him good :'(
Sep 4, 2023 9:28 AM

Jan 2022
For a second I thought that the lady that was bedbound was Tokio and the guy was Kona, but now I'm thinking it was actually Mimihime and Shiro because of the dream at the end. I think the kids at the facility are living in the past and while Maru is most likely the son of Tokio and Kona?? Which means Maru and Kiruko are living in the future. The lady didn't actually die, right? That was all a lie so that the old guy could take over and become evil? There was some connection between Usami and Kiruko because they both have the bird enamel. Man Usami could've offered some valuable information but he decided to kill himself instead.
This never updates so that's cool
Sep 11, 2023 9:19 AM

Mar 2015
Dr. Usami's tale was truly a sad one.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 12, 2023 11:46 PM
Aug 2023
Wait...if the doctor and patient are actually Shiro and Mimihime as the comments here are theorizing, then Shiro's saying to Mimihime that he wants to "lock her up in his room" (which seemed a weird way to profess his attraction to her at the time) has some context here with the patient being stuck in a room for so long, yet loving the doctor all the while. How did Mimihime respond to Shiro again...something like "as long as it's not too long" or was it "as long as you eventually let me out". Wow, if the theory is true, nice setup.

As sad and touching as the doctor suicide was, not paying Kiruko in advance the information she wanted was kind of rude.
Oct 13, 2023 4:38 AM
Dec 2022
This was heavy dude
Nov 9, 2023 10:01 PM

Apr 2017
Muito triste a garota doente. Eu ja fiz oração sobre isso, mas so JESUS tem poder.
Stronger Man in the world 🫶🖤🥟🦎
Nov 12, 2023 11:48 AM
May 2021
Damn ep was sad man, shit was tough for him.
Nov 13, 2023 7:06 PM
Nov 2023
it was okay not bad but not perfect
Nov 26, 2023 4:36 PM

Oct 2009

Episode was perfect

Jan 17, 3:46 PM
Aug 2020
I cried so much in this episode T-T
Jan 19, 12:21 PM

Feb 2012
damn, that leader of the Livium or whatever they're called group got injured in the most comedic way. Her bald second-in-command takes over even killing their own spy guard in the immortal order.

Dr. Usami affirms what we thought all this time; the man eaters were originally humans with the illness. Dr. Usami has no choice but to remove the infected tissue hence the amputations. Fortunately, he has been skilled with machines since his days at the school as Shiro and makes prosthetics for his patients. But the Luddites know nothing and think of him as a mad scientist combining human and machine.

For Hoshio/Mimihime, the infection just keeps coming back, he has to keep cutting and replacing her tissue with a machine parts or else her dead corpse would develop into a man eater. Maru's ability to kill Hiruko by crushing their cores can stop all this.

This has been the most heart-wretching episode yet. 😭 Before Maru crushes her core, she sends her wish to see the sky through the tablet. The duo agree if Dr. Usami can cooperate. Hoshio calling him an idiot for tugging a cable during the move was bittersweet.

After discovering he could use the Maru Touch on a human like Totori too, this is perhaps the first time Maru crushes a human's core. Kiruko shows Dr. Usami Hoshio's final words on the tablet. He had stuck by the one who loved him this whole time. When her right eye had to be removed, he sacrificed his own so she could still see.

The person who looked like Tokio whom Mimihime foresaw was Maru; the one who ultimately killed her as a human, and she was probably the one that sent Tokio the message during class. Wanting to see "outside of the outside" i.e. the sky. When Shiro tried confessing without any taught knowledge of love/sex, what she responded with at the time seemed very creepy but it was her seeing him sticking by her through the sickness in the future. Although he initially applied his skill in helping Hoshio, whom he lived with, when strangers facing similar symptoms arrived, he built prosthetics for them too, as that made Hoshio happy. Through all the selflessness in running the hospital, he has to be selfish once Hoshio is gone as he no longer has anything to live for.
Mimihime's dream where she wasn't scared anymore would be because Shiro joined her in death. The sun and the crow on the balcony; what their school's logo represented is there the moment he pulled the trigger.

I hope all his patients don't think the duo killed him. Maru already blamed himself for Dr. Usami's suicide but Kiruko corrects him; he saves more people by destroying Hiruko and their cores.

The group opposed to his hospital just keeps getting worse. Without the anti-tech lady who misunderstood the amputations gone, the bald dude just commandeers the evacuated hospital's generators (which are machines) to build a new nation/civilization, even if the man eater in the basement doesn't bite their asses off, their group will fall apart eventually.

Kiruko finally has a possible lead on Robin aka Dr. Inazaki.
Fortress_MaximusJan 19, 4:31 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 23, 3:07 PM

Nov 2023
Oh my fucking god
Seriously contender for my favourite anime episode ever
That was a fucking rollercoaster
Mar 13, 4:29 AM
Feb 2018
best episode in an anime probably in the last 10 years
Mobesho-SANMar 13, 4:36 AM
Apr 11, 2:54 PM
Jan 2024
плачу як сука
Apr 12, 8:36 PM

Jun 2019
Welp weird to see someone's dream come true in an anime, just like mine did.
lettuce<3
Apr 18, 7:01 AM

Jan 2013
Damn such a strong and sad episode.

People theorizing about Mimihime and Shiro being the doctor and girl could be on to something, Usami does have the same eyes and hair colour.
That would mean a lot of time has passed though, maybe the Calamity even started because of these human experiments they were doing back then.
It would explain how casual they were back then about the "Man-Eaters" and just seeing it as a disease rather than the fear at the Kiruko / Maru timeline.
May 19, 12:44 PM
May 2022
I was so worried that the mob would ruin the process and turn her into a man eater ;-; cant blame Usami in the end... the moment when I realised why he has that eye patch, I couldnt hold my tears any longer
May 21, 11:51 AM

Feb 2016
Sad.
Got teary ngl
May 29, 9:34 PM
Nov 2016
This anime makes me cringe a lot with the comedy, they aren't good, it's fucking bad, and don't get me started with the gay/gender-bender shit going around in it, it's shit.

With that out of the way, this is the best episode of the whole anime so far, that ain't saying much because I'm not particularly impressed with the previous episodes either, but this episode is actually nice, and I'm a sucker for good emotional scenes so it kinda got me a bit so yeah, it was good.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

468 by xZabuzax »»
Jun 2, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

477 by xZabuzax »»
May 31, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2023

244 by xZabuzax »»
May 29, 5:48 PM

» Kiriko and Haruki are blood related?

abuudai - May 16

10 by P1Sanctum »»
May 22, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2023

237 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 19, 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.