Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jun 19, 2022 11:41 PM
Jan 2018
It was good but i expected more not storywise but fights at the end with unit 01 vs 13 everything else was grate. But this ending left me with bitter taste in my mouth i wasnt dissapointed but i felt like something was missing and i dont know what.
Jun 26, 2022 7:16 PM

Dec 2013
After finally watching this movie I think I understand why this had so much hype behind it. It felt like an end of an era man. Definitely enjoyed it way more than End of Evangelion but that's probably because the ending was more hopeful.
Jul 3, 2022 12:30 AM
Nov 2020
Yeah this just doesn't sit right with me. The 1st ending I saw was so odd and perplexing that I feel strange about this ending moreover Shinji seems to end up with Marie, a character that doesn't seem to have much depth into the character neither does have any significant character nor relationships development. Still the animation, the preserved art style, the wholesome ending, character development and the previously shown slow pace of the plot, the concept and composition of the anime, in addition to that the music is very good too 9/10
Jul 19, 2022 9:19 PM

Jan 2020
I really am not sure how to rate this movie. From a technical standpoint it was rather good, but the story and lore still feels unfinished. It wasn't exactly a satisfying ending.

Out of the gate I found it rather ironic that Shinji spent most of the previous film kicking and screaming about how everyone died at the end of 2.22. Only for, at the very least, the people closest to him to -- surprise, surprise -- be alive. So, his previous tantrum seemed all for naught.

I enjoyed all the worldbuilding at the beginning of this movie. Seeing life spring anew from a corrupted world is similar to ideas I pursued in my own writings. So it was interesting to see another take on that. Though, all of that setup feels a bit wasted as we transition into the back-half of this movie. I was expecting a more direct threat on humanity and not necessarily a battle within the imagination. The Rebuilds seem all too eager to put the threat of the angels on the backburner.

I did like Shinji taking a stand, and the various interactions that came about from that. Obviously the deep-dive into Gendou's psyche was a nice addition to everything, but the ultimate resolution just seems almost convenient. It didn't feel like anything was lost or gained as Shinji overcame his father and spearheaded the rewrite.

My personal theory about the ending is;

Ultimately, I could care less about Mari. She wasn't in it nearly as much as everyone made it seem like she was. She'd probably would've had to have had an active role as early as 1.11 for me to get invested. I mean, her whole purpose appears to be giving Shinji a happy ending, so most of her scenes aren't really for her anyway. She is just being showcased as a foil for Shinji since the other two girls don't seem like viable romantic options. In my opinion, Asuka and Shinji just aren't compatible, at best they would have a terribly and messy relationship that was focused mostly on sex. Whereas with Rei, well, I just don't see Anno having the balls to have Shinji end up with his own mother.

Overall it was a good movie, but I'm not sure if I liked it more or less than any of the previous three.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 31, 2022 12:00 PM

Apr 2016
A nice ending. All the loose ends tied up. TBH I liked how they ditched a lot of the angst. In the end it was all about family and how we don't talk to one another enough.

Favourite character has to Mari. She was the only person not suffering from crushing self-doubt or having an existential crisis every two minutes. She just did her job and had fun doing it. Quite refreshing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2022 2:54 AM

Feb 2021
Nice to see a short recap of the rebuild films since I watched these movies with long gaps in between.

Those custom Eva's are like a mix between the Angels and the additional GHIRN Eva from EoE. I still wonder how is it possible for only Fuyutsuki and Gendoh to operate NERV and produce such vast numbers of Eva-angels. Mari really came in clutch against them.

Looks like some people did survive the 3rd Impact and have a small society going on. Great to see my boy Tohji and Aida back. Tohji has a family now. Feels great to know that he ended up with the class rep. It was so sweet to see Ayanami being so curious about such mundane and normal things. To have a soothing countryside moment in such a violent and depressing series sure is a blessing. We even got to see Pen-Pen and his family/group!

Asuka definitely meant good for Shinji, she wanted him to stop sulking and take charge but her actions and behaviour were a bit harsh ngl.

Damn, Misato and Kaji had a kid huh? Sad to see the new and wholesome Ayanami go away.

New Unit 8 looks great but New Unit 2 looks kinda meh ngl. The Unit 2 Angel Form looks dope though. RIP Asuka. Didn't expect Gendoh to ascend to godhood. Dude doesn't seem human in any way, shape or form anymore lol

Wait, wasn't that Mari in Gendoh's dream/backstory sequence? Is that why she calls him "Gendoh-kun" and knows Yui?

I'll be honest, some of the things in the final rite were kinda unclear to me but I got the gist of what was going on. Some of the Additional Impact scenes looked a bit wonky, but the CGI was still very well done.

Idk why but it felt like a fitting death for Misato. It wouldn't have suited her to settle down and take care of Ryoji. I always felt that she would sacrifice herself in some way or the other. I'm really surprised at how calm and composed Shinji was after he realised this. He sure has grown a lot.

Kensuke reassuring Asuka, Kawori finally stepping down and letting Shinji take over, and Yui discarding her dream for her son and vanquishing all Evas once and for all, made me tear up ngl. Especially the Yui one. That made me cry ugly fr. Damn. Gendoh finally was able to meet Yui.

Still not sure if Asuka, Rei, Kaworu, Shinji and Mari made it out alive or if was it some sort of dream sequence. Shinji and Mari ending up together was kinda unexpected but still decent. And from the looks of it, seems like the 'Curse of the Eva' which stopped their physical growth, was also lifted. Looks like the people from the escape pods landed near the old NERV centre and most probably became residents of Village 3.

Didn't really like the ED but it had a soothing vibe and I love that they played "Beautiful World" during the credits scene. Would have wished for "Sakura Nagashi" but this works too :)

Man, this movie truly is a free therapy session for Neon Genesis Evangelion viewers. It just makes you feel at ease and says "it's gonna be alright". Fr didn't expect the final Eva movie to hit this hard. There was hopelessness, despair and an overall sense of depression in EOE whereas there is growth, hope, and an overall sense of achievement in 3.0 + 1.0.

And as Gigguk said, "Goodbye, and thank you Evangelion". A 9/10 from me.

Aug 5, 2022 8:44 AM

Apr 2016
I think the scene at the Train Station is the beginning of Shinji's voyage into the afterlife.

I don't think he was able to truly ''re-write the world", but he was able to create his own heaven for himself and his fellow Eva pilots. They are at peace now.

The only people who survived are those pockets of humanity that were already alive and the ship's company from the Wundar.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2022 1:54 PM
Jan 2018
Beautiful. There were many things that confused me and I am pretty lacking in understanding of the complex meanings that the movies and original offer but I am confident that I am happier with this ending version than the original. Maybe, I would say differently if I watched the original now cause It has been years but in the end, I will treat it as the past me's opinion. Right now, the ending of this was really heartwarming. Good tears were shed. Seeing people happy after all that really heals my heart.
Aug 22, 2022 3:36 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Can't say I'm totally satisfied with the ending story-wise but unlike EoE, this felt like better closure. It's not just because of the happy ending, but because of the extra attention given to Gendou and Shinji's resolve, which sort of wrapped the story, imo.

It must be said though, a lot of the new termonologies being thrown in made it difficult to keep up and fully comprehend the story. I swear it was as though the moment when Gendou would open up his mouth, he'd bring up new terms and they no freakin' sense xD. Another impact? Additional Impact? Eva Imaginary? Good lord. And that wasn't it! Book of Life? Commander Nagisa, excuse me? Gaius's creation, that's bull, come on!

Asuka, a clone? Okay, that got me. No wonder why she seemed so ticked off by passive Ayanami, I guess. I'm wondering though, I feel that wasn't the case in the original tv series + EoE timeline since there was Kyoko-san as the mother figure implying she was a full-fledged human. Meaning the version after Rebuild 2.22? Well, that means an Asuka did pass away after all. Ah, I'm going to be on wiki for a while trying to figure this out...

Neon Genesis, that's right Ayanami. Shinji's whole progression and character thought were brilliantly handled. I also find it very interesting how he dropped the idea of rebuilding everything (because that's a pain as mentioned rightly so by Professor Fuyutsuki) but instead, he just opted to have the Evas removed from existence. Meanwhile, Gendou's whole wish turned out to be to free Yui. To be honest, that was clear from the get-go but it's the means that wasn't the finest for obvious reasons, lmao. Still, it was nice to see him acknowledge his son's growth in overcoming the death of Misato-san in the crunch moment.

Shinji waiting for Mari and that animation style! Also, who exactly is Mari Iscariot? Professor Fuyutsuki provided some hints that she was indeed the one in his infamous picture but we're provided with literally nothing besides that. Considering how the "Curse of Eva" was introduced, I'm guessing her age was maybe held back? I don't quite like this because of what transpired with Yui-san. But, then again, a clone doesn't quite feel right either. Just what is it, lol? Also, Units 08, 09, 10, 11 & 12? Juggernaut Mari, it felt so random and an ass-pull honestly but it has to come from extensive knowledge suggesting the former (Fuyutsuki's colleague).

Okay, this really seems like a total mixed bag of a review, lol. It's honestly so hard to rate Evangelion because there's like a bunch of negatives or gaps in knowledge, but screw it, you win Hideaki Anno-sensei xD. 7.50/10 to this! Goodbye Evangelion, and thank you for all the life lessons!

Dang it, it's 6 in the morning again!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 29, 2022 7:53 PM
Aug 2021
beautiful ending.
Sep 5, 2022 2:25 AM
Sep 2017
Eva 3.0 + 1.0/ Eva 4.0 was an ending to the original EVA which i never thought could happen but was great nonetheless. Great.
Sep 7, 2022 12:37 PM

Oct 2009
About the only things I liked about this movie were the USB joke (although by the time the movie was finally released, it is a bit less relevant today as USB type C effectively resolves the issue and becomes more widespread, so it was a bit peculiar to see an outdated standard in a futuristic world; I am also a liitle surprised no one has mentioned it) and maybe another version of Utada Hikaru's "Beautiful World" (not that I particularly liked it, but having yet another variation is nice)
I am also appalled how this movie is rated higher than 1.0 and 2.0
SerhiykoSep 7, 2022 12:41 PM
Sep 9, 2022 3:26 PM
Aug 2020
I really love that part, when is Rei in the village.. That was awesome! Also i really like the ending, that's really cool.
Sep 10, 2022 2:03 AM
Apr 2021
Garbage hate filled meta commentary, shoehorned in mari sue, bad cgi, btw what happened to Asuka? A clone you say? Like we needed more clones like wtf what’s the point if this is end of the franchise than dear god was it bad. Anno is way past his prime.
Sep 10, 2022 2:05 AM
Apr 2021
Serhiyko said:
About the only things I liked about this movie were the USB joke (although by the time the movie was finally released, it is a bit less relevant today as USB type C effectively resolves the issue and becomes more widespread, so it was a bit peculiar to see an outdated standard in a futuristic world; I am also a liitle surprised no one has mentioned it) and maybe another version of Utada Hikaru's "Beautiful World" (not that I particularly liked it, but having yet another variation is nice)
I am also appalled how this movie is rated higher than 1.0 and 2.0
Yeah and i hate the rebuilds but this was definitely the worst one.
Sep 17, 2022 12:31 PM
Jan 2020
The movie flounders for large swaths of time
Sep 17, 2022 1:44 PM
Jan 2021
It is masterpiece.
Sep 28, 2022 3:12 PM
Apr 2018
sgdsdgddgdsgsdgdgsgs
Oct 11, 2022 10:34 PM
Jun 2020
A truly fulfilling ending
Oct 19, 2022 7:12 PM
Mar 2018
Im glad I watched the first 3 movies in time to watch this in the cinema.
Amazing. Outstanding. A beautiful end to the series.
Oct 29, 2022 3:46 AM

Jul 2019
That was a nice closure, not just to the rebuild movies, but for the original series as well. I'm interested with the references or the parallels with the original, but thats for internet deep dive for another day.
Oct 29, 2022 9:16 AM
Jun 2014
Why the fuck did he end up with Marie? American NYAAA character with absolutely no debt and almost no interaction with Shinji throughout this entire saga? Forced as it gets. Rei would be questionable as she's kinda like his mother-ish and Asuka was a bitch through the saga. But i'd rather he get on the bitch Asuka than a moronically inserted character which only servers to please the writers undoubtful love of idol like characters in recent years.

I see this movie is combined of at least 3 other japanese works. Muv luv Alternative, Tengen toppa gurren lagann and that original anime i don't recall the name of. They came from the sea and there was a timeskip where the others became older and mc was suddenly too young for his love interest.
StormenOct 29, 2022 9:35 AM
Nov 16, 2022 8:12 AM

Mar 2020
will just pretend these movies dont exist
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Nov 20, 2022 12:46 PM

Aug 2022
A pretty good ending for the Rebuild movies. My only problem with it is that Shinji ended up with Mari, but whatever I guess. Honestly I feel like the movies would have been better if they weren't a part of the Evangelion franchise. But because they were I had very high expectations that weren't exactly met. Overall 7/10.
Nov 30, 2022 8:13 PM

Nov 2017
just rewatched this in imax, absolutely beautiful, gorgeous, and near-perfect film
the first hour or so of this movie where they're in the village is probably the best thing i've ever seen honestly
BEAUTIFUL WORLD
"Leonardo... it wasn't, by any means, only your eyes that we welcomed into Libra."
- Klaus von Reinherz
Dec 11, 2022 8:05 PM

Jan 2010
Just came back from the theaters.

Okay, where to start. It's not a complaint, but my greatest concern with the Rebuild of Evangelion, as well as other works derived from Gainax and the various companies spawned from its staff going separate ways, is how much they seem to draw from Gunbuster. The aerial fleet battles, the interdimensional space travel, constant questions of identity and purpose, imaginary and impossible fights, taking probability and beating it to death, and the general visual presentation that harkens back to Gainax's past glory. I love Gunbuster, and Diebuster has one of my favorite endings in all of anime, but when films like Rebuild of Evangelion talk about maturing, moving beyond the past, and walking forward in life, it bothers me when the creators seemingly can't break new ground without retreading their old steps. I've seen this with Gurren Lagann. I've seen this with Kill la Kill. I've seen this with Promare. And now I've seen this with the Rebuild films. I suppose my hang up is if I'd want to see Gunbuster, I'd just watch Gunbuster. Evangelion has its own identity and history, so I'd like to see more of that, rather than seeing it shackled by a corporate legacy.

Anyways, with that personal gripe out of the way, holy crap the film was amazing. First and foremost, the visuals are amazing. I love how imaginative everything is, although I could easily mistake the final battle to be pulled directly from Diebuster or Gurren Lagann, right down to Asuka turning into the 9th Angel and looking unmistakably like Buster Machine #7. I loved the visual references to End of Evangelion, as well as specific visual callbacks like the close-up of Shinji raising his head while in the EVA cockpit. I love how every major character had their story arc conclusions, coming to peace with themselves and others around them. I love how Gendo was finally highlighted. I never noticed before that while the Evangelion characters were analyzed to high hell and back, Gendo himself never had that much screentime beyond his constant growling, dead-eyed look and iconic pose. Seeing how similar he was to Shinji actually answered so many questions I had from throughout the series, and it retroactively solved problems I've held with the series for over a decade. I love how Misato acknowledged her role in creating Third Impact, her guilt and regret over Kaji and Shinji, and her heartfelt talks with Ritsuko. I love how absolutely badass Asuka is. I love how Rei interacted with the villagers and explored the remnants of humanity. I absolutely loved how Shinji finally had time and attention given to therapy and rehabilitation.

I'm still not entirely certain as to why Mari's character was added, nor why she had so much screentime and importance. I'm still not entirely sure how WILLE managed to salvage the tech to combat the worldly corruption, much less comprehend what they were dealing with. I still don't get how Gendo managed to accomplish all he did when it was just himself and Fuyutsuki capable of actually doing anything. Yet, after all that, I think I'm satisfied. At least, I'm not sure where Evangelion as a franchise could possibly go from here.

As a final note, I'm constantly amused at how my knowledge of Kantai Collection helped me recognize the number of surnames referencing Japanese ships. That's something I'm glad Evangelion kept as a tradition.
ShockedDec 11, 2022 8:45 PM
Dec 13, 2022 1:06 AM
May 2020
it was such an experience. i really love this series and its movies
Dec 15, 2022 10:02 AM
Apr 2022
КАЛ ГОВНА С МОЧЕЙ, НЕСЪЕДОБНО
Dec 27, 2022 7:49 PM
Aug 2020
perfect. absolutely perfect in every way.
Jan 23, 2023 6:12 PM

Jun 2022
So here ends everything and all I can say is that I have became a completely fan of Evangelion. Here in my country this film was released at theaters 5 days ago so I had the opportunity to go to the cinema to watch this film and it was a wonderful experience.

Animation, visuals and SFX were amazing as all the other films. Action scenes were pretty cool too despite I didn't like at all those fights with that giant Eva-warship. CGI was pretty good too during all the film except for one of those fights between EVA 01 and EVA 13 in which the CGI looked pretty bad in my opinion. The OST was a 10/10.

What I liked the most of the film was that it didn't focus only on Shinji and we could see more about Asuka, Mari, old Shinji's friends and specially Rei (her scenes in the village were pretty beautiful). Finally we could know more about Mari who I think is so cool, I love her character and her action scenes were amazing as the Asuka ones. Despite I love Misato, I didn't like her at all in these two last films because of her arrogance
but her ending was pretty good.

The ending was perfect in all ways. I would have liked that Shinji ended up with Asuka but I think Mari was a perfect choice because Shinji and Asuka weren't made for each other.

I will give a 10/10 to this film, it was great and beautiful.

I have enjoyed a lot the entire Evangelion saga and I will rewatch it shortly because I have completely fallen in love with it ^^

Jan 30, 2023 11:08 PM
Sep 2018
Finally completed the sequence 10/10
Feb 4, 2023 3:59 PM

Apr 2019
Definitely one of the worst anime ever.
Feb 8, 2023 3:44 AM
Dec 2022
Shinji crank that soulja boy!
Feb 17, 2023 6:40 AM
Dec 2013
I watched the whole series years ago, and this one is the most confusing one. Shinji ended up with Mari, and i have no idea wth is going on in the movie. And I prefer the OG ending.
Feb 17, 2023 4:47 PM

Apr 2016
Finally found the time to watch all of this! Evangelion is probably the only series that makes me think really hard about life and all the struggles that come with it. Happy to say I have finished the series now. Glad to see Shinji find some peace in the End (Of Evangelion).
Feb 23, 2023 9:57 AM

Jan 2017
So does Shinji ends up with Mari in the end or what? I thought it would be Asuka as he already confessed that he liked her too. If someone can explain....
Mar 10, 2023 11:14 AM

Jun 2009
Greatest thing to come out of Evangelion by far. Love the taste of weeb tears. 
Mar 14, 2023 7:11 AM
Apr 2020
Kinda confusing but it was an ok ending
Mar 25, 2023 1:55 PM
Jan 2018
The last love letter form Hideaki Anno to Evangelion
Mar 30, 2023 8:41 AM
Jan 2017
good ending overall after 25 years
Apr 1, 2023 4:41 PM

Aug 2021
I hated about 3/4 of this movie, they really did Misato dirty, she was a total bitch for most of the movie and when we get the old Misato back she sacrifices herself 5 minutes later? What a load of bs. And the ending? Well, we got a happy end I guess, but again no Misato. I guess that was Asuka sitting nearside Rei? Can't be sure, no real glimpse of her, probably just the copium that let's me see her there.

Yes it was a happy end, but the road to this point was just awful. Really hard to give something a good score if I hated most of it, even if the result was more or less satisfying. The animation and action looked great, but the story... I mean Shinji wasn't even of any use for half the movie. This was a god damn long movie and yet the ending felt rushed. I really don't know what to think of this.. I kind of liked the ending to a certain degree but the rest of the movie... I did not enjoy, besides the good action scenes.
Apr 1, 2023 8:26 PM
Feb 2020
The ending that I needed, as an Evangelion fan. It's not like the original EoE, but it's not supposed to be. It wraps the series up in a way that I can be satisfied with.
Apr 13, 2023 11:33 PM
Apr 2016
Shinji found his peace.
Apr 19, 2023 1:38 AM

May 2018
silent_knight98 said:
So does Shinji ends up with Mari in the end or what? I thought it would be Asuka as he already confessed that he liked her too. If someone can explain....

Okay, this might be a bit too late, I'm pretty sure you got your answer already, but let's just say that this ending is the redemption of Evangelion. Yes, Asuka and Shinji liked each other in the Rebuilds, but their relationship is surrounded by nothing but pain and suffering, it's a toxic and destructive kind of love where both of them just keep hurting each other, mostly because they're the embodiment of the hedgehog dilemma, they're equals in their suffering. That being said, this ending is an alternate route where Shinji chooses to rewrite the entire reality and rearrange the lives of everyone so each of them could get their own happy ending. With the world free from the Evas and the Angels, Shinji also chooses a different path for himself, and Mari is his redemption, precisely because she's completely different from him and represents a new life, almost like she's disconnected from everything else, she's peace. Shinji let go of Asuka, so she can find her own happiness, and Mari comes back to rescue Shinji, he's not alone anymore. I like to think that Shinji creates a whole new world for each of the characters, so they live in separate timelines, each one with their own happy ending, although there's a version of each one of them in each timeline, as we can see Rei and Kaworu across the train station in the last scene...

Anyway, as for the movie itself, I loved it, it's quite refreshing and gives a pretty good sense of closure to the Rebuilds and to the franchise as a whole. Also, I simply loved how they showed us how Ikari Gendo actually feels and thinks, a very humane and tragic character, and I like how his desire to go on with the Instrumentality Project is pretty much based on his love for Yui, he wanted to created a world where he could finally be together with the one he loves the most and put an end to all the pain, suffering and loneliness. But in the end, he finally connects with Shinji, this is a movie about love and desire. That being said, I think what defines this movie is redemption. This is Anno telling all the fans that everything is okay now, no need to suffer anymore. It's not my favourite Evangelion, as I still prefer the original and EoE, but it's good to see everyone finally found peace, and a quite beautiful one. Also, something that is interesting to notice is the contrast between the most iconic songs of each movie (EoE and 3.0+1.0). First Komm Susser Tod and then Beautiful World:

GuidSMRApr 19, 2023 2:06 AM

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 19, 2023 4:07 PM

Feb 2023
The best thing to come out of the Evangelion franchise was the Hikaru Utada song. It was still a good movie enjoyed it

Your Lie In April was a banger!
Apr 23, 2023 9:03 AM

Jan 2017
Sachyan said:
silent_knight98 said:

Okay, this might be a bit too late, I'm pretty sure you got your answer already, but let's just say that this ending is the redemption of Evangelion. Yes, Asuka and Shinji liked each other in the Rebuilds, but their relationship is surrounded by nothing but pain and suffering, it's a toxic and destructive kind of love where both of them just keep hurting each other, mostly because they're the embodiment of the hedgehog dilemma, they're equals in their suffering. That being said, this ending is an alternate route where Shinji chooses to rewrite the entire reality and rearrange the lives of everyone so each of them could get their own happy ending. With the world free from the Evas and the Angels, Shinji also chooses a different path for himself, and Mari is his redemption, precisely because she's completely different from him and represents a new life, almost like she's disconnected from everything else, she's peace. Shinji let go of Asuka, so she can find her own happiness, and Mari comes back to rescue Shinji, he's not alone anymore. I like to think that Shinji creates a whole new world for each of the characters, so they live in separate timelines, each one with their own happy ending, although there's a version of each one of them in each timeline, as we can see Rei and Kaworu across the train station in the last scene...

Anyway, as for the movie itself, I loved it, it's quite refreshing and gives a pretty good sense of closure to the Rebuilds and to the franchise as a whole. Also, I simply loved how they showed us how Ikari Gendo actually feels and thinks, a very humane and tragic character, and I like how his desire to go on with the Instrumentality Project is pretty much based on his love for Yui, he wanted to created a world where he could finally be together with the one he loves the most and put an end to all the pain, suffering and loneliness. But in the end, he finally connects with Shinji, this is a movie about love and desire. That being said, I think what defines this movie is redemption. This is Anno telling all the fans that everything is okay now, no need to suffer anymore. It's not my favourite Evangelion, as I still prefer the original and EoE, but it's good to see everyone finally found peace, and a quite beautiful one. Also, something that is interesting to notice is the contrast between the most iconic songs of each movie (EoE and 3.0+1.0). First Komm Susser Tod and then Beautiful World:

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the explanation. Well it does seem appropriate that Shinji ends up with Mari. The only problem was that not much screentime was given to their relationship. It was Shinji and Asuka from the start till the end. Thats why Shinji and Mari ending up together felt a bit out of space for me. Although I agree that Mari is much better partner for Shinji considering her personality. If just their relationship was explored a bit more. But then again, there was a lot of stuff to wrap up in the final movie so they didnt have choice but to compromise somewhere.
May 16, 2023 4:07 AM

Aug 2017
I did not understand any of NGE from start to finish.

But, I would have preferred a harem ending. Always harem ending.
Jun 30, 2023 9:38 AM
Aug 2015
A great end to the series finally
Jun 30, 2023 8:43 PM

Nov 2010
One of the best animations I've seen. I often paused to take in the details, especially during the movie's first hour.
I also enjoyed the fanservice of Mari & Asuka. They're so sexy. I wish I could screw them hard!
The MILF, Ms. Katsuragi, died. :(

Gendou Ikari was relatable, except that he did all this for a woman and love. IMO, that's just pathetic. I will never let a woman influence my actions. That's oozing with weakness! I like his ideal world, though, where there is no more individual, everyone is equal as one being, no more rich and poor, and no more suffering and death, especially no more diversity & individuality! Whether humans like it or not, the next step of evolution and existence is Gestalt Consciousness. The current human civilization is unsustainable and doomed to become extinct.

Like Gendou, I also want to slay God. If God does exist, I wish I could meet him someday to punch him to death for conceiving this shitty universe we live in for his amusement. However, now that I think about it, if I became God as well, I would've made the same universe since watching others despair is entertainment in its purest form! I'm such a hypocrite. lol

There was no way for Gendou to lose, and I'm annoyed that they could only beat him through constant asspulls. I prefer if the movie ended bittersweetly or, better, a "bad" ending because the enemy was too powerful.
Jul 11, 2023 6:19 PM

Aug 2019
Finally Shinji can have a happy ending.

Him ending up with Mei was unexpected ngl, but I’m happy for him.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » time loop or multiverse?

deg - Mar 19

12 by Lucifrost »»
4 hours ago

» Shinji's Jersey from EVA STORE

hohofish - Apr 15, 2021

1 by 1016jersey »»
Mar 15, 12:03 PM

» Shin Evangelion Movie: II???? Why change the title now?

Cestlavie_ - Nov 25, 2023

10 by Lucifrost »»
Feb 6, 8:40 AM

» Employee recruitment for the production of 3.0+1.0.

zacky1312 - May 23, 2018

2 by simeji8043 »»
Jan 22, 1:02 AM

Poll: » End of Eva vs Thrice Upon a Time

Draconix814 - Aug 18, 2021

47 by rohan121 »»
Jan 19, 8:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.