Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2017 4:43 PM

Sep 2014
I thought it was a decently fun episode. Looking forward to the next.
Jan 6, 2017 4:47 PM

Aug 2016
JestemGosiek said:
No idea why does this have such a high score. It's pretty generic and really uninteresting. Everything from characters, their introduction, dialogues to theme songs is pretty meh.

Yeah, seems pretty generic to me. It's going to end up having the same executed characters and we could probably guess how it's gonna end in a mile away. Seems like a normal harem to me.
Jan 6, 2017 4:52 PM

Oct 2016
Decent first episode, I guess. Enjoyable but nothing special. Is the mc supposed to be likeable? I kinda hate him
Jan 6, 2017 5:39 PM
Nov 2012
Always fun if the summary tells the story of the first 10 eps
Jan 6, 2017 6:23 PM

Oct 2012
Notion said:
@gust11 Well, if nothing, that proves the team put quite a good amount of care to the fine details, and kept in touch with the author and the source material. That's definitely a plus.
Yup, props to them for that, although just from the OP I can't imagine that they'll get that far. Maybe they're already anticipating a season 2? I'd like to think that it's not just pure dedication and appreciation for the source material, I mean that's cool and all but I'd be sad to see them put in that extra effort, all for it to go by unnoticed by most anime-only viewers
gust11Jan 6, 2017 6:32 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jan 6, 2017 6:57 PM

Jun 2013
I hate both main characters so much. One is a narcisstic asshole with no consideration for others and who can only think about his revenge and the other is a snobby stuck-up bully bitch. How are you supposed to care about the story if the main characters are that hateful? It's like they tried their best to make them as unlikable as possible.
Jan 6, 2017 7:18 PM

Nov 2011
Touko said:
I hate both main characters so much. One is a narcisstic asshole with no consideration for others and who can only think about his revenge and the other is a snobby stuck-up bully bitch. How are you supposed to care about the story if the main characters are that hateful? It's like they tried their best to make them as unlikable as possible.

How is the main an asshole with no consideration for others?
Jan 6, 2017 8:14 PM

Dec 2016
For anyone who thinks this is a standard, stereotypical set of harem girls should wait for Yoshino and Neko backstory to be introduced. I think you'll be pleasently surprised.
Jan 6, 2017 8:19 PM

Oct 2015
Hmm with the opening, how the hell are they going to adapt it in 12 episodes. So much fatty in opening tho.
Jan 6, 2017 9:52 PM
Jul 2018
LOL at Tatsuya Kato dropping those Shokugeki-like dramatic cues and somehow fitting well. Okay-ish first episode.
Jan 6, 2017 10:04 PM

Feb 2014
Touko said:

Pretty much how I feel too.

+1
Jan 6, 2017 10:21 PM

Aug 2016
Though many people would think that the Cruel Princess could become best girl, I want her to fall into an abyss; is just a first impression.
Jan 6, 2017 10:27 PM
Nov 2016
It was a good start, I hope it gets better! What's wrong with Masamune's mother though??? she looks like younger than him. :X
XtrStrJan 6, 2017 10:30 PM
Jan 6, 2017 10:49 PM

Nov 2014
eXtacy67 said:
Touko said:

Pretty much how I feel too.

+1

Same here. I was really looking forward to this show, but it ended up being a major disappointment for me. Everything about this felt hallow and generic. Besides the unlikable characters, I had to pause at certain points to marvel at how bad the writing of this is. Has the writer ever heard of "show, don't tell", or that too many coincidences of people being in the same place at the same time gets old really quick? bleh. I can only hope that this is one of those shows that gets better as it goes on, or maybe one where it only has a weak first episode.
Jan 6, 2017 10:54 PM

Jan 2016
i would like to see him emotionally break her apart and send her of to suicide or something :P tho its never gona happen :(
Jan 6, 2017 11:30 PM

May 2016
OMG!! This looks like Love live! or Love live sunshine!! >.< she's listening to.

Jan 6, 2017 11:39 PM

Jun 2016
This is a pretty good episode. Pretty much what I expected of how it'll turn out, but it's still pretty good. I hate Aki and she is still piss me off with her bitchy personality like she did in the manga. Masamune isn't that much better but he's still entertaining to watch, unlike the bitchy Aki.
Jan 6, 2017 11:55 PM
Jan 2017
Seriously this is my first anime picked without recommendation and now im really excited about Ep.2...
Sadly i predicted what will happen and now its killing me that director seriously a spoiler :(

Note: I didnt read any manga coz my eyes cant stand reading for minutes in front of a PC
Jan 6, 2017 11:59 PM

Dec 2013
Ok episode. Disliking most of the characters already.

Ugh another trap
Jan 7, 2017 3:12 AM

Jul 2007
gemanepa said:
Touko said:

How about the fact that he is a blackmailing asshole who genuinely believes he can get away with anything because of his looks and who literally treats others on the inside the way the lead female is treating them on the outside?
How about because he literally congratulated and was nice to the creepy dude who literally ASSAULTED A WOMAN?

I do not know what is more awful, his behavior or the fact that show might not be aware how awful that is. Because if the show was aware that both leads were just as bad it would be genuinely decent set up. If the show is NOT aware then eugh.
Jan 7, 2017 3:25 AM
Jul 2018
Decent premise, decent animation (praise Silver Link).

I did heard that it'll get boring ASAP, but, we'd better see how the anime will fare.

That Tanabe guy sure was annoying...
Jan 7, 2017 3:50 AM

Nov 2011
Fai said:
gemanepa said:

How about the fact that he is a blackmailing asshole who genuinely believes he can get away with anything because of his looks and who literally treats others on the inside the way the lead female is treating them on the outside?
How about because he literally congratulated and was nice to the creepy dude who literally ASSAULTED A WOMAN?

I do not know what is more awful, his behavior or the fact that show might not be aware how awful that is. Because if the show was aware that both leads were just as bad it would be genuinely decent set up. If the show is NOT aware then eugh.

You are the dude who's always complaining about anything and everything in all the Fate/ threads. This is going to be so pointless, anyway here we go...

He's just narcissistic in a world that reassures him constantly that the more good looking you are the more advantage you have in life, how does that make him an asshole? Don't you have any defects? Are you perfect?

Leaving Aki aside because he hates her with all his heart and he sees her as her enemy...Who is he blackmailing? In what part of the episode did he treat bad others "on the inside"? In what part of the episode he had bad thoughts about anyone? Also, when did he congratulate the creepy dude who was truly sorry? He just told him he didn't give a shit anymore, and why would he? He.hates.Aki
Jan 7, 2017 4:08 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Props for SilverLink so far, been awhile since I started the manga (which I did when I first heard the anime adaptation annouce, since the anime visuals caught my attention), so I dunno if they are following everything faithfully, but I was enjoying my time with the episode.

Aki is such a cute girl, really pretty too, also fatboy appearence on the OP...

Visuals are great IMO, silverlink been improving they quality with the passing of the years IMO, just look to Non Non Biyori (best BGs ever). Nice.

As for anime only viewers, dont take the plot too serious, there are no real morals to take from the series, but that doesnt mean it is shallow.

Hoping we will get a 2-cour, 1-cour wouldnt be able to adapt all the manga.

A nice 8 for this episode.
Jan 7, 2017 4:37 AM

Jul 2007
gemanepa said:
nd everything in all the Fate/ threads. This is going to be so pointless, anyway here we go...

Nice try to slander and flamebait :^)

Bad shows are bad shows. Being critical and negative about badly written content is only normal. "You disliked something" is not an argument.

He's just narcissistic in a world that reassures him constantly that the more good looking you are the more advantage you have in life, how does that make him an asshole? Don't you have any defects? Are you perfect?

Because that assumption by itself is misogynistic because it assumes all the females are fickle enough to be "charmed" by nothing but good looks of a dominant male. That they "turn off their brains" around a pretty dude and abandon all reason just because he's pretty.

So either:
- The MC is an asshole who has disgustingly low opinion about women
OR
- The Show narrative has disgustingly low opinion about women.

So far I am willing to hope for the former rather than latter.

Leaving Aki aside because he hates her with all his heart and he sees her as her enemy...Who is he blackmailing?

He is planning to clearly blackmail Aki. Two wrongs don't make it right. Just because someone is asshole does not instantly make them deserving of blackmail.
One character trying to blackmail an asshole character does not make the character into good guy. It simply makes both characters into assholes.

In what part of the episode did he treat bad others "on the inside"? In what part of the episode he had bad thoughts about anyone?

Tennis court scene where he(and the show) treat the female characters as vain and biased solely on how the person looks? I mean his thoughts there are literally that of a condescending sexist ass - "all females are the same" and "being pretty gives me carte blanche" and stuff.

The class scene where he literally snarks on the inside on how he can get away with anything even sleeping in class because he is "hot"?

Multiple times he is shown manipulating other girls via putting on a nice guy act?

Also, when did he congratulate the creepy dude who was truly sorry? He just told him he didn't give a shit anymore, and why would he? He.hates.Aki

Being sorry does not excuse an intentional assault of a woman.
Aki being a bad person does not mean she "deserves" to be assaulted.
The dude can claim he is sorry all he wants, he still acted like an abusive piece of shit who can't take no for an answer and he can't be off the hook unless he apologizes to her or gets to pay for his actions. The MC being okay with that highlights how his behavior in the assault scene was just an act. Not caring that someone assaulted a woman DOES make one an asshole. That or the show did legit imply that Aki somehow "deserved" getting assaulted which is N O P E.

The only real difference between Aki and the MC is that MC pretends to be nice towards others while Aki literally does not give a shit what others think. Which arguably might paint the MC as even worse person becuase he hides his intentions while Aki is straightforward.

The episode sets up that the MC is:
- Vain and self centered(it literally opens with that as a comment from his sister).
- Focused on his looks
- Believes being pretty allows him to manipulate others and that all women will fall for that.
- Can hold a grudge for multiple years and be obsessed with it enough to formulate a revenge plan.
- Is willing to resort to blackmail.
- Is willing to hide his darker and assholeish nature behind the facade of Mr Prince.

Again if the show is aware that both protagonists are awful human beings it might be decent. But I hope for gods this does not veer towards the r/redpill propaganda level of ideas like some of the scenes in this episode did.
AhenshihaelJan 7, 2017 4:53 AM
Jan 7, 2017 4:40 AM
May 2016
Quite an interesting start so far.

think this is one of the shows that will get a lot attention, yeah looking forward for more salts.
Jan 7, 2017 4:44 AM

Jan 2016
This has potential just please don't ruin it with the cliche cheesy ending.
Jan 7, 2017 4:46 AM

Dec 2014
that sound of a balloon leaking air was perfect for that letter scene...

Jan 7, 2017 4:54 AM

Mar 2013
episode was ok, introducing the characters and the story idea....
i like the manga so i keep watching it to the very end.
Jan 7, 2017 5:04 AM

Oct 2013
Animation is good.

Ah, cliché but never fail to get fans.

I wanna know more of yoshino though. Cute girl.
Jan 7, 2017 5:47 AM

Jun 2016
Anyone else think that Saori voicing the trap guy just doesn't feels..... right? Saori Hayami is a good VA but something about the voice of the trap guy just seems very weird for me.
Jan 7, 2017 5:53 AM

Jul 2014
Cute characters, I actually like Aki & Makabe.
Will continue watching for the next episode
Jan 7, 2017 7:41 AM

May 2015
Good adaption till now.

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Jan 7, 2017 9:35 AM

Jul 2016
This has to be the least sympathetic MC couple I've seen on a SoL in a long time (heck, even School Days had slightly more likeable chars, at least at the beginning... and that's saying someting).

The girl is absolutely obnoxious, whatever kind of justification they may come up for her behavior will be hard pressed to do her justice.

The guy, frankly, is just as bad. I may understand why he behaves like he does, but his narcissistic personality is really grating.

In short, both chars feel so self-centered that you're left with a "why should I even care" feeling. I'm just undecided on whether I don't just care or whether I'm actively hoping something bad befalls them. And no, the guy who assaulted her was just as obnoxious, I can't rly get behind it despite her attitude.
Jan 7, 2017 9:47 AM

Aug 2013
Touko said:

Agreed a really weird choice to make the MC such an unlikable character.
Jan 7, 2017 11:03 AM

Sep 2016
Animation ~ pretty decent and beautiful
The mc is really cool and from the description I really expected to dislike him but not at all!
The Aki girl although she has something tsunderistic about herself it seems that she has her own secrets and own complexities and I'm pretty sure that we will get to discover them later..op was ~ good ed was ~ great! I'm dissapointed that there is no drama in the genres cuz I usually combine drama with romance but ..anyways looking forward to see more of this anime..its the first and the only anime I'm going to watch during the whole winter due to the exams...so let's see
btw the plot twist in the end with the "pig's foot note" was excellent!!
The guys who hate and flame about the mc need to understand that before watching an anime and hate should read a review or description first about what they're going to see..it was clear about the MC's narcissism. And the way the creators were trying to show that was in a funny and humorous way..they didn't try to show his personality with a hateful way
KawaiiCandyJan 7, 2017 11:14 AM
Jan 7, 2017 11:20 AM

Jul 2009
Okay, the main heroine is irritating, but maybe she won't be like that to the very end. Masamune seems funny, it's a nice change to watch a guy calculating calories he eats.
Jan 7, 2017 12:10 PM

May 2016
I think this will be the anime of the season I guess better than last season, Makabe reminds me of the MC of Charlotte anime they are really similar how they are proud of their hotness and always looking at their self in the mirror, the op was kinda boring the ending was better, It was really awkward that he was found out I didn't saw that coming I settled my self for his Big plan xD, I'll be looking forward for this anime it's pretty awesome.
Jan 7, 2017 12:27 PM

Jun 2016
I actually really like this one, amazing first episode. No complaints.
Jan 7, 2017 1:19 PM

Aug 2011
JestemGosiek said:
No idea why does this have such a high score. It's pretty generic and really uninteresting. Everything from characters, their introduction, dialogues to theme songs is pretty meh.

guess its what happens when you get seasons as un-hype as this one
Jan 7, 2017 1:48 PM

Jun 2015
don't know yet if it's going to be good...I'm mostly watching this because of Hanae and Hayami...

BUT DAMN THAT TRAP IS SO CUTE !
Jan 7, 2017 2:11 PM

Aug 2009
Lol the premise is kind of interesting, it's pretty generic as far as setting and characters. The MC already got found out, but i'm hoping he finds some way to execute is plan properly.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 7, 2017 2:55 PM

Jun 2015
Seems like what I expected it to be. Not impressed, not disappointed. I don't mind watching this once a week though.
Jan 7, 2017 3:35 PM

Apr 2016
I like the first ep, but I do have the feeling it will go downhill fast
Jan 7, 2017 5:35 PM
Aug 2015
Hmmm.. This might be my guilty pleasure haha.
Jan 7, 2017 5:37 PM

May 2014
Posted in another thread, but thought I'd share my thoughts here as well :)

I'm pretty sure the MC is going to b*tch out of his revenge plan and somehow fall in love with that Queen B*tch.

But wait there's more :)......

He's probably going to screw over at least one other girl that's kind, beautiful, and actually cares about him. And we'll see this amazing girl lonely, crying in the corner while we cringe at the fact the MC decided to date that arrogant b*tch no one likes. Well, at least this is how it goes most of the time. I'd be surprised as hell if this anime followed a different route.

See, I hate how anime with potential like these just end up following the sam old shitty cliche storyline. We don't know how its going to go, but I'm pretty sure I'm calling it right.
Jan 7, 2017 6:10 PM

Oct 2015
Alpha101 said:
Posted in another thread, but thought I'd share my thoughts here as well :)

I'm pretty sure the MC is going to b*tch out of his revenge plan and somehow fall in love with that Queen B*tch.

But wait there's more :)......

He's probably going to screw over at least one other girl that's kind, beautiful, and actually cares about him. And we'll see this amazing girl lonely, crying in the corner while we cringe at the fact the MC decided to date that arrogant b*tch no one likes. Well, at least this is how it goes most of the time. I'd be surprised as hell if this anime followed a different route.

See, I hate how anime with potential like these just end up following the sam old shitty cliche storyline. We don't know how its going to go, but I'm pretty sure I'm calling it right.

Starting out with a revenge plan and then falling for the girl is pretty predictable. There's also a high probability that the whole thing was just a miss understanding and she loved him from the start. But then she finds out about the revenge plan, and hates him for it. Soon the whole school knows his plans and hates him for it. The protag then has an internal struggle about his true feelings for the girl and confesses everything. Everyone forgives and forgets, and the two kiss. The End.
Jan 7, 2017 8:14 PM

May 2015
Alright first episode.

However, just like the manga, I expect this to get worse from here on out.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jan 7, 2017 8:33 PM

Sep 2011
Wow, that wasn't that bad. I've seen so many people talking shit about this anime that I was expecting something much worse. Although I could see it falling off real hard in the next few eps. Eh, I guess I'll follow it for a few more weeks.
Jan 7, 2017 11:50 PM

Mar 2014
Is the friend who Masamune hangs out and plays with the volleyball a guy or a girl? I can't tell.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jan 8, 2017 2:34 AM

Sep 2010
This anime represents feminists perfect world... Almost all girls are fucking bitches...

And holy shit, that female MC... What a cold fucking bitch... I'm rooting for the male MC to exact the revenge...

Please tell me if this is going down the revenge route or some shitty revenge turn in to romance kind of BS, so I can drop this shit.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2017

209 by Treyv0n »»
Jun 23, 8:11 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2017

194 by Treyv0n »»
Jun 23, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2017

225 by Treyv0n »»
Jun 3, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

218 by Lkunnnss »»
Apr 22, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

371 by Fleicher »»
Apr 18, 4:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.