Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jun 6, 2017 5:45 PM

Aug 2011
crimson_fukr said:
I've had a bad habit of reading the endgame for every romance manga I read to save tears, regret of ever picking it up etc. I already downloaded the whole volumes in my phone but hesitant to read it yet and went straight here.

I skipped through the chapters I've downloaded and went straight to the final one, and to my disgust the reader's ratings were not far off. Just one chapter, the last one that I've read felt like I've read all 229 of it and I'm glad and I regret it too.

Just one chapter fully read and I found out the real girl in the locket wasn't the one that the dense, indecisive and dumbass MC ended up with, which was anticlimactic and anti poetic in every sense of the word. Looking at the confession she made I felt the pain of not choosing her as she was the reason why we have the "plot" and the drive the MC had in thia whole manga.

I'm saved from reading a heartbreaking manga, but it still left a bitter taste which will stay for a while. Kinda like afyer reading the manga where the MC is a dumbass masturbator and squirts on the walls on female students. Lol.

Though having the author acknowledge that Kosaki was the best girl in his manga makes me respect his work a bit.

----

You "felt" like you've read all of them, but you haven't and now you're comparing it to actual manga you've completed. You may have seen the end of the story, but if you didn't read anything else, you missed the character development that other characters went through in their arcs. A majority of the girls were pretty interesting and likeable. Idk what romance manga you've read, but this is a shonen harem manga. It disguises itself as romance, but it's mostly just a group of girls falling for a guy and then you learn about the girls through character arcs; that's a common trope in shonen harem manga and it works if it's executed well. If you've only read shoujo romance stuff, then they follow a different trope. It focuses on the two people who like each other, but other people like those two people and drama ensues. If it's one of those bad romances you've read, then the characters must be complete inhumane dicks to each other.
XarvynJun 6, 2017 5:52 PM
Jun 7, 2017 8:13 AM
Jan 2017
Xarvyn said:
crimson_fukr said:
I've had a bad habit of reading the endgame for every romance manga I read to save tears, regret of ever picking it up etc. I already downloaded the whole volumes in my phone but hesitant to read it yet and went straight here.

I skipped through the chapters I've downloaded and went straight to the final one, and to my disgust the reader's ratings were not far off. Just one chapter, the last one that I've read felt like I've read all 229 of it and I'm glad and I regret it too.

Just one chapter fully read and I found out the real girl in the locket wasn't the one that the dense, indecisive and dumbass MC ended up with, which was anticlimactic and anti poetic in every sense of the word. Looking at the confession she made I felt the pain of not choosing her as she was the reason why we have the "plot" and the drive the MC had in thia whole manga.

I'm saved from reading a heartbreaking manga, but it still left a bitter taste which will stay for a while. Kinda like afyer reading the manga where the MC is a dumbass masturbator and squirts on the walls on female students. Lol.

Though having the author acknowledge that Kosaki was the best girl in his manga makes me respect his work a bit.

----

You "felt" like you've read all of them, but you haven't and now you're comparing it to actual manga you've completed. You may have seen the end of the story, but if you didn't read anything else, you missed the character development that other characters went through in their arcs. A majority of the girls were pretty interesting and likeable. Idk what romance manga you've read, but this is a shonen harem manga. It disguises itself as romance, but it's mostly just a group of girls falling for a guy and then you learn about the girls through character arcs; that's a common trope in shonen harem manga and it works if it's executed well. If you've only read shoujo romance stuff, then they follow a different trope. It focuses on the two people who like each other, but other people like those two people and drama ensues. If it's one of those bad romances you've read, then the characters must be complete inhumane dicks to each other.

I know buddy, and I have made a mistake in picking up a Harem/Romance type and I believe this is the last Harem I'll ever read. I don't really read much Shoujo nowadays, it's the thing in the past, seinen romance is my shit, mature overtones and not this "oh you can see my boobs you can touch them you're blushing how cute" shit. I meant no disrespect for others who stayed until the end and finished every chapter, but yeah I agree, I may definitely have missed the character dev of each in their own arcs, but it's hard to get invested on something and get slapped with a shit ending, I'm too weak for that shit that I need a really good Seinen romance to get rid of the taste.
Jun 19, 2017 2:00 AM
Mar 2017
My favourite manga is over i don't know what to do whith my life now
Jun 27, 2017 7:26 AM
Apr 2016
so in the end they say "zaxia in love" is it a new thing? or a typo for "zawsze in love"?
Jun 29, 2017 9:02 PM
Oct 2013
crimson_fukr said:

I know buddy, and I have made a mistake in picking up a Harem/Romance type and I believe this is the last Harem I'll ever read. I don't really read much Shoujo nowadays, it's the thing in the past, seinen romance is my shit, mature overtones and not this "oh you can see my boobs you can touch them you're blushing how cute" shit. I meant no disrespect for others who stayed until the end and finished every chapter, but yeah I agree, I may definitely have missed the character dev of each in their own arcs, but it's hard to get invested on something and get slapped with a shit ending, I'm too weak for that shit that I need a really good Seinen romance to get rid of the taste.

You don't actually know anything. Boobs? There's barely any fanservice in Nisekoi...the few fanservice scenes are at the beginning and then it stops... the only boobs in the series are Tsugumi's and they're used for comedic effect(she's a shy tomboy). Nisekoi is actually one of the most conservative harem romcoms in decades. You can't judge if an ending is shit either without the context of the whole entire damn series. The promise girl(Onodera) for instance is only revealed in the end and she's the blandest character in the series by far.

You cannot judge a series without reading it. Yeah you'll get heartbroken if you read this series but it may(and probably) not be because of the promise girl at all and it may be because you liked one of the other girls since all of the girls(heck... all of the characters) in this manga are really likeable.

If you don't read this manga you're missing out. The chapter count might seem intimidating but it's really not that long when you read it. It's not perfect but it's an enjoyable series.
Jul 9, 2017 1:26 AM

Aug 2010
Its over at last...if there's something this manga has taught me is that...scrap all the bonds u think that matter...ur family, ur friends or ur pets...the strongest bond in this life is that of the kinship in shipping the same couple...you won't find a most honest and fervent bond anywhere else. Wanna thank again all the comrades that took the Kosaki Onodera ship and sank with it till the end...its a matter of fact the Chitoge is the one that draw the short end of the stick cuz really fuck Raku he is one of the shittiest MC ever (not salty at all LOL)

Also best highlight of the final arc...Y-san is getting hooked with Marika (you lucky bastard)
Jul 20, 2017 11:07 AM
Mar 2016
damn that Shuu x Ruri i love them
Jul 29, 2017 7:54 AM
May 2015
Onodera deserves a frigging spin-off romance series, it's not far that you make people care about these characters and then have them turn out with nothing but themselves.

I like Chitoge, hell sometimes I love her, I think her character got very great in certain chapters and especially in the Romeo and Juliet arc, and in all honestly I don't think Rakku deserves anyone, all the girls are too good for him, but Rakku can have Chitoge because she's obviously bonded with him the most. As and Onodera Fan I have to say Rakku rejecting her was nice and down to earth and was probably the most painful moment in the series for me. I truly think she worked hard to overcome her shyness and she never gave up to be with Rakku but she also cared about her friends as well and she would put Rakku aside to help them sometimes, that's just her and I wanted her to not just have a 1 page appearance in the final, cause to me it's like disgraceful that you can do this to a character that has developed so much from her shell and just give her one page to end all of the story off. She deserved so much more than that, she deserved an entire chapter dedicated to her finding love with the help of Chitoge and Rakku and she deserved a better Farwell than baking a cake to show that there's no hard feelings. Basically they treated her like a side character compared to Chitoge and Rakku, despite all the emotion that we went though with her being the 2nd most likely to win Rakku's heart, she's a side character in the end they basically say.

I just wish everyone could see that the Onodera's character as someone who deserves more than how the manga treated her. Cause god dam these are characters we've come to love, give them closure, not say that "It's alright cause time heals all wounds" it does, but not for the reader.
Jul 29, 2017 7:54 AM
May 2015
Onodera deserves a frigging spin-off romance series, it's not far that you make people care about these characters and then have them turn out with nothing but themselves.

I like Chitoge, hell sometimes I love her, I think her character got very great in certain chapters and especially in the Romeo and Juliet arc, and in all honestly I don't think Rakku deserves anyone, all the girls are too good for him, but Rakku can have Chitoge because she's obviously bonded with him the most. As and Onodera Fan I have to say Rakku rejecting her was nice and down to earth and was probably the most painful moment in the series for me. I truly think she worked hard to overcome her shyness and she never gave up to be with Rakku but she also cared about her friends as well and she would put Rakku aside to help them sometimes, that's just her and I wanted her to not just have a 1 page appearance in the final, cause to me it's like disgraceful that you can do this to a character that has developed so much from her shell and just give her one page to end all of the story off. She deserved so much more than that, she deserved an entire chapter dedicated to her finding love with the help of Chitoge and Rakku and she deserved a better Farwell than baking a cake to show that there's no hard feelings. Basically they treated her like a side character compared to Chitoge and Rakku, despite all the emotion that we went though with her being the 2nd most likely to win Rakku's heart, she's a side character in the end they basically say.

I just wish everyone could see that the Onodera's character as someone who deserves more than how the manga treated her. Cause god dam these are characters we've come to love, give them closure, not say that "It's alright cause time heals all wounds" it does, but not for the reader.
Jul 31, 2017 8:05 PM
Apr 2011
Hmm. I stop reading this manga like since chapter 90+ and I guess it was alright since I liked Chitoge from the beginning but the lack of plot development kind of bores me. Glad that my ship sailed lol.
Sep 24, 2017 6:55 AM

Aug 2014
Build shittons of harem..
Brings alot of character.
Most of them are underdeveloped.
Story are dragged too far.
I felt bad to the girl that fell love with him with all that shit they've through.

Nisekoi probably the worst Harem manga i've ever read.
Oct 8, 2017 11:53 PM
Jul 2014
I liked Chitoge since the beginning, but I was thinking he was going to end with Onodera.

From a point of view, happens some of the same that happens on toradora, the main character starts with a solid stated love since the beginning and it's introduced to a tsundere girl that barely he can get along with, and they end up helping each other so much that one of them started realizing likes the one it's helping, and the other person doesn't realizes until the very end.

Here's the same. Raku loves Onodera since the beginning, and constantly helps Chitoge, he can barely get along with her on the beginning and as the time passes Chitoge realizes she fell in love with Raku. This was about chapter 80, around 1/3 of the story. Raku realizes nearly chapter 200 he loves Chitoge.

The fillers were quite enjoyable, even thought some of them followed a repeated pattern, I always ended up laughting, overall those episodes where tsugumi ends up using one of Claude's weird artefacts.

Besides that, I liked how they re-visited past events, and compare how the characters act compared to the last time they visited them.

Overall was quite enjoyable, and I would have been happy wheter onodera or chitoge won, but I still can't deny I'm happy that he ended up with Chitoge.

The only thing I wished is that we could see way more participation of both bee hive and yacuzas in the series. Ryu barely had few scenes, and also more twists. Onodera didn't got mad at Raku not even once or upset.
claudiohpOct 8, 2017 11:56 PM
Oct 15, 2017 5:53 PM
Sep 2016
What an absolute sucker punch of an ending (last few chapters). Tsugumi didn't even really get her confession and I'm salty about that. The main couple wasn't even as satisfying as Ruri and Shou. Those two redeemed the series even if we didn't see how they hooked up
Nov 2, 2017 3:04 AM

Jul 2013
Whew... Finally finished reading it until the end. The beginning until the middle part of this series is somewhat mediocre, 5-7/10-ish, but I must admit that the execution of the last 30 chapters have been great. I didn't really care who Raku will choose at first (since my favorite until the mid-part was Marika and the luck just doesn't seem to be on her side) but I like how Komi give almost everyone an importance. I really love how the real promised girl is actually Kosaki and how they all used to be friend with each other. I like how Chitoge find that Kosaki is her precious friend. Also I really love how Komi-sensei recognizes that Marika is really strong XD Yea, she has been aware of her feeling for the longest time and told Raku that she loves him over and over again, her feeling is the strongest! I know that she wouldn't be chosen but Marika is just too good for Raku anyway.

Congrats for Chitoge!
Nov 26, 2017 12:01 PM

Dec 2012
Even though I kinda hated this series I still read through it... Ending made sense but I'm no way content or satisfied. God damn, so much mixed feelings because either bad planning or bad character development, just like trashy ichigo100... Good to those who like the conclusion no matter how rushed it was. Too bad it's over with the omake.................................................................
Dec 19, 2017 12:45 PM
Mar 2007
Delmonster said:
I used to like this series allot but right after the arc when chitoges mother first appeared it started to go downhill in terms of taste and story as it dragged its story allot to the point where at the end I didn't feel like raku and chitoge were really the best couple in the end. Sure there were some good parts like all the interactions between shu and ruri but in the end I feel as if he should've end up with someone else either onodera or tsugumi (preferably).

If it wasn't dragged on so long I might have supported chitoge.

I dropped the manga around this same time period (Chitoge's mom shows up) a few years ago. It occurred to me today that I never found out what happened in the end. Came here for spoilers and I'm so glad i dropped it when I did. Glad to hear about Shuu x Ruri!
Dec 28, 2017 11:18 PM

Apr 2017
Why not Onodera... oh well... I guess Chitoge isn't that bad but...
Jan 22, 2018 5:13 AM
Jan 2018
Inudrew said:

I hope so too, but I think so he will never do any thing for her and i wish he do this for othera too Because the end infuriated me very much because it kept the happy ending of one character only and this is not fair But I will not raise my expectations a lot because I'm sure that idiot will not do anything for the rest😅😅
Jan 26, 2018 12:17 PM
Jan 2018
first of all I did not ship any girl for rock all girl was good for me
But there is something that bothers me
Since Raku realized he loves Chitoge he doesn't care about Kosaki anymore and always leaves her behind without even realizing it... And Kosaki, being the angel she is, would still be happy for him even if he doesn't choose her as long he is happy. It was obvious that this would happen but I expected Raku to appreciate her more than just ignoring her like that even if the girl he ends up with won't be her.
Don't misunderstood me: I get that his feelings have changed and it was obvious from the beginning, so I didn't expect too much since the love triangle started but it annoys how he leaves her behind while pretending to be the selfless guy who truly cares about both girls (aka white knight). People are quick to put the whole blame on Kosaki but Raku also never fought for her and takes her for granted. He keeps wasting time while Kosaki changed the school for him and at least tried to confess multiple times but always got trolled by the author and for a shy person like her it's even harder to be honest about their own feelings. Again, I'm not salty that raku is most likely going to end up with Chitoge, it's cliche and I accepted this, but it's sad to see how this girl gets treated like a tool to add more drama and will only got an arc to get rejected even though she is a main character. I wish she would simply at least find someone better because the last thing I want to see in this series is her getting heartbroken over a dense guy like Rock (I don't care how kind he is)
I will always dislike Shuu for pushing him towards Chitoge after stopping Ruri from pushing him to Onodera. I started disliking Rak little by little, but I can say that I hate him now to be honest..

Its Just too sad for onodera. She have seen Raku going out with chitoge alot, people talking about it, and taking it strong, worked so damn hard to be with him, and in the end, she ended with nothing, only more pain. And even worse cuz she realizes that is her fault.. Damn, thats cold
and i don't why chitogefnas hate onodera because she is too kind
I didn't know being so kind is a negative thing nowadays the same thing with chitoge i don't hate her too I'm really like her to be honst i love her some times
Also we never got to see what Ruri, the girl who always supported Onodera, had to say about her. And what Haru, the girl who sacrificed her own love for her sister, also had to say. These two had been pretty important to Kosaki's mutual love with Raku and we'll never get to see what they have to say about this. All we will ever know is somehow, Kosaki has already moved on from Raku even though she just found out that they had a promise with each other, and also they were in love with each other before Raku fell in love with Chitoge I want to know how she acted with him after he rejected her and the same thing with chitoga i want to know what happen with those girls How they talked to each other again What she said to herself when she knew that he loved her all this time there a lot of fucking things i want to know not just fucking tool to add more drama the same thing with other girls
especially Tsugumi Because it was not fair to her too Maybe I'm satisfied about the end that Marika get maybe because she got her final arc and i want to know Who is onodera's husband ? how they met his past and futuer how he make onodera forget her feelings to raku how he make her happy because It is good to give hope to those who think that falling in love for second time is a bad thing, or that there is hope for those who do not have hope I think it would be great to make good story. but what i saw is Sadnnes and cake i can't blame these characters the only one i can blame is komi in the end i whish he will do spin off for other girls But I will not raise my expectations a lot because I'm sure that idiot will not do anything for the rest chitoge got her happy ending and in the future i wish to see the happey ending for other girls cuz this manga played with my feelings.
Overall 5/10 for his art and comedy nothing else The story was missing a lot of things like the development of characters has no logic could have made it a good story if he make onodera and raku just a friends and stop to introduce more girls in the story and The story is centered around chitoga and raku like the one-shot It would have been wonderful But you are somehow fucked up 📉
Esamali120Jan 31, 2018 1:58 PM
Apr 6, 2018 8:50 PM
Apr 2018
Well, the truth is, childhood sweetheart never wins. Lol (most of the time). I like the ending. Raku cant be with Onodera. If he really likes to go out with her, he shouldve told her a long time ago. He shouldve told her even though he doesnt know what will happen next. What's keeping him do that? Because he fell in love with someone else. Its cliche, but if you really love someone, you will never fall inlove with another girl. His love for Chitoge is lifetime, but his admiration for Onodera is forever. ❤ And that happens in real life. You admire someone but doesnt mean you want to spend your life with her forever. :)
Apr 16, 2018 7:41 PM

Dec 2017
I loved the series from the one-shot to the end. I enjoyed this fantastic ride of ups and downs. It's not always about the destination, but about the journey and that's how the series was. Just sad people only hate it for the shipping wars instead of any legitimate reason. Anyhow I loved it and felt sastified with this amazing manga.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Oct 15, 2018 9:38 PM

Oct 2013
Well that was a really lame way to end the series.

I'm glad that he chose Chitoge at the end but I thought that none of the other girls on his harem really stood a chance because they all felt just like side characters compared to Chitoge, yes even Onodera at times.

I also felt that the mangaka was deliberately hiding info from readers for the sake of drama but it came across as just shallow and predictable so it really didn't work at all for me. In the end, though I really like the anime when it first aired, I thought that this series was not really worth the read at all.

Dec 12, 2018 8:36 PM
Aug 2018
Literally the first Manga series i actually bought see I was mad excited to see the ending in Vol 25... let’s just say I threw the fucking book once I finished waste of money and such a dead ending Chitoge literally ruined the fucking series for me Needed to be Onodera and Raku together imagine waiting that fucking long just for some blonde dumbass too ruin it fuck I’m fully triggered
Dec 21, 2018 9:07 PM
Dec 2018
Ilove this ending but it's to hard for kosaki end up like this.anyway i hope naoshi'll represented a new chapter for nisekoi.Better be story about raku's son.it would be interesting
Dec 21, 2018 9:21 PM
Dec 2018
Act its quite sad for onodera.along the chapters until the last chapter,onodera end up getting sad.She had fall for raku for ages.she were sad n dissapointed when some of the girls got to love the same person as onodera's did plus they are her friends Its quite tough n hard for her to end up like this.Finally on the last chapter,she confessed her feelings but still end up like this.I hate it.its not i can't accept raku end up with chitoge,its a nice ending but not for kosaki.she's tough enough to go through her life like this but why she end up like this!! 😞her feelings. Her heart breaks..i can't stop dropping my tears after finished reading.to much pain n i can feel it.Honestly it was so cold feeling..😭😭😭
Feb 5, 2019 2:43 PM
Nov 2018
I hate this ending and I hate chitoge she is the worst girl in the series and somehow she ended up with our MC. This was the most obvious and simplistic ending ever. I was already sure that they would end up together but I still had hoped that he was not the $@#!?+/ idiot that I thought he was. Worst personality I have ever seen. She is trash. Total trash. I hate her, the MC, the staff involved and especially the writer. Die please. Die
Mar 17, 2019 7:17 AM
Feb 2019
The thing that i ve loved in this manga is the characters,bro they are so cool!my preferred were Marika and Chitoge (but chitoge was the first one)but still hating kami.Making a Live-action,and a comemoration chapter about that?That was insane to me,i woild be better if he spend his time making a wedding chapter or making a better end for onodera..Anyway,was a good travel.Nisekoi "False love" you ll be always in my heart.its time to say goodbye.Thanks for the great time!!! :D :D :D
Jun 13, 2019 8:21 AM

Nov 2018
Finally finished it after a 2 day marathon. Being on #teamgorilla, I'm happy with the outcome, despite the second half of the series being quite flawed and stupid, I enjoyed it and now I can finally move on from the series.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
May 4, 2020 12:37 AM
Apr 2020
I am so happy Chitoge won atlast #teamChitoge 💕
May 14, 2020 2:52 AM
Oct 2019
Ok whoever whatever said I'm quite happy that Chitoge was the bride. Man it was onodera x Raku was 99% hooked but 1% remaining was confession but Chitoge comes took all the percentage little by little even the last 1% so it's Chitoge
May 15, 2020 8:02 AM
May 2020
the only thing im satisfied about is Ruri and cat face boy marrying...nothing else :/
Jul 21, 2020 7:56 AM

Jan 2017
Well, it's finally over.

One thing I absolutely hated about this series is how it was unnecessarily long. Practically half of the 229 chapters were absolute filler made to drag this series out as long as the author possibly could. Maybe he had no choice since the plot didn't require a long series to end, or maybe he's just greedy. Guess I'll never know.

Raku ending up with Chitoge was absolutely obvious since the very first chapter. I mean, guy likes girl since middle school, girl likes him back, then another girl shows up out of nowhere and they hate each other's guts, it was bound to end like this. Every Mangaka in Japan does it like this, they don't know any other way to end a story.

If I were the protagonist instead of Raku, I would have chosen Marika. She was true to her feelings, never hid it from anyone, and isn't afraid to go after what she wants. If a girl loved me as much as Marika loved Raku, I would have definitely responded to that. Truly the best girl of this series. This is my personal ranking:

1st) Marika
2nd) Ruri
3rd) Kosaki
4th) Yui
5th) Tsugumi
6th) Chitoge
7th) Haru

I only ranked the girls that had Raku as a love interest, with the exception of Ruri, because she was the only girl in this series with an actual brain, understood everything that happened around her, and didn't care for cliches. And when she finally realized her feelings for Maiko, it didn't take her over 200 chapters to confess, she just went to his face and did it. This put her high in my book. Chitoge and Haru were on the absolute bottom because I absolutely hate the "Tsundere" type, and also judgmental people that believe in rumors and refuse to listen to both sides.

Overall, I give this series a 7.5/10. The predictable plot and extremely unnecessary long lenght dragged the score down, but for some reason, I still liked it, and i'm grateful for it, because it gave me Marika as a top tier waifu alongside Raphtalia and Rem.
"I just know that there are two theories when arguing with women. And neither one works!" - John Marston
Jul 21, 2020 6:29 PM
Mar 2018
Imagine dating someone and only seeing them once every few months and still deciding to get married. Simp of the year award.
*This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. Important information will follow this tone.*
Aug 16, 2020 3:09 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Took me 8 years to finish what I started.

Nisekoi was my first manga, my first real contact with this wide world of tsundere, moe, cuteness, the whole culture of anime and manga in Japan, outside of what just showed up on TV when I was little. It was special to me and then haunted my heart for many years...

At the time I read till I catch up around chapter 40, like in 2 days and was euphoric, I never knew something like this existed, but it sucked when I had to wait weekly to read each new chapter, and I actually managed to keep interested in reading weekly till chapter 60-70.

But by then it was pretty apparent that the manga I would previously give a high 9, was falling DEEP.

The mangaka quickly felt in the trap of milking the manga and suddenly the plot was growing really stale and frustrating even with some of the developments that would occur here and there, it was just not going anywhere, it was my first experience with seeing something I hold so dear turning in such a shit show.
Whenever people talked with me about Nisekoi, or I saw other newbies wanting to give the series a go, I always gave them the truth, even for all those Nisekoi anime onlies that were loving S1, manga fans knew S2 was gonna be a big disappointment.

I did manage to catch up to chapter 144 a year ago, but last week I finally wanted to just complete the manga and let it go, so I made myself re-read from the beginning, to get an idea of everything that happened... the manga drags a lot from 50 to chapter 180s, but it still had some really interesting arcs here and there, some episodes that captured it right and made me recall why I first loved the manga so much.
Romeo and Juliet were awesome, so was when Raku got amnesia or Chitoge mom's introduction, hell, I was team Chitoge from the start, but I did switch back to team Onodera a lot of times, since she had some really cute chapters herself, whereas Chitoge was growing stale.

Refreshing my mind till chap144, reading very fast, was mostly a positive experience since I was able to trimm a lot of the fat upon re-reading, after chap144 I think the manga still suffered, but also had some enjoyable parts, in short, people marathoning this manga will have a much better time than manga fans had when following weekly.

Plus the final 50's chapters were when the mangaka finally stopped playing around, being greedy with its cash cow, and just doing what he proved to be good at with the first 50 chapters of the manga.
I genuinely loved Marika's arc, finally coming with the truth this many years later, it surpassed my expectations, and so did the way the mangaka approached Raku choosing between Chitoge and Onodera.
I had a feeling he was going to chose a different girl from the promised one to pass the message that feelings can change with time, and I enjoyed that.

Chapter 199 was really sweet, the mangaka wanted to make Chitoge the fan-favorite again, so he brought back an actual endearing and adorable Chitoge, which had me switching sides again... he really pulled it off for me at the end.

Yes, there were better ways to handle certain scenes but honestly, I had a lot of fun with the last 50 chapters, they managed to capture the magic again I had for the manga, as a newcomer in this vast world of entertainment.
The mangaka may have stretched its plot way longer than needed, but when it mattered, he had a really solid harem casting, which really had me invested again by the end.

He sinned, he did, when he took such an enjoyable manga and ruining it for many, but I applaud he didn't disappoint in the final stretch and was finally able to deliver something worth the read IMO.
I was able to accept that Raku had always loved Chitoge for a long time, it was easy to see, and while there was no wedding scene despite them advertising it for a good few pages, this was a really complete and thought out conclusion, for a harem.

People bing reading will find it easier to forgive its faults, I feel bad for those that keep reading the manga while it was releasing, in the end it was the right choice to just wait for it to end and read the rest on a later date.
I can see people never being satisfied with this ending, if they were following weekly that long, there was just never had hoped the mangaka would make it for you guys.

I still have to call out the flaws, the poor image I had for this manga for a long time, the disappointment, but as an original fanboy of the manga, it won me over again, and I cant not give it less than 9.

If Nisekoi had to end, this was the right way IMO for it goes with, should have gotten there sooner, sure, but really damm worthwhile conclusion, an ending that manages to give me a really good feel, when so many times writers fuck up ending for series, and something that happens a lot with harems, quite happy the mangaka once again changed my perspective about the manga.

Zawsze in Love

8.6/10 = 9

PlaycoolAug 16, 2020 3:36 PM
Oct 29, 2020 1:53 PM

Feb 2019
I’m legit sat here crying rn man. Binged all of this in a day and a half. Onodera deserved so much better. I definitely liked Chitoge a lot more in the manga than in the anime, but her winning was so plot contrived. Kosaki’s rejection was such bs. I hate how much I’ve been hurt by this. Romance manga are hell.
Feb 21, 2021 3:46 PM

Aug 2020
this was so bad but it made me so damn invested. this is just pain.

team onodera til the end. time to read fan fiction.
Aug 29, 2021 2:41 PM

Apr 2020
Idk man as much as I can fucking laugh about how dragged and repetitive this manga had been in its worst parts, I can't lie that from start to end this manga was enjoyable and satisfying to read.

Maybe its just my preferences, and I know I love my romcoms, but something about this series works. I don't feel Raku's reasoning of choosing Chitoge is wrong, and as much as a dense motherfucker he really is, at the end of the day he is the main character of this story.

So yeah Onodera is the promised girl, call her best girl all you want (me included?. But it will feel bad for Raku if she chose her when his feelings is obviously on Chitoge now, it just doesn't feel right. And for their sake, it really has to end, the boy gotta decide at some point.

Anyways, looking at their futures, everyone got the life they deserve (except for Marika, bcos ofc she'll still be searching for love). The very last sin that this author has to make is to hide that kiss, you gotta deprive of us that huh. Well watever solid 7/10 for this manga, I hope that I'll remember this from time to time (Idk about that tho).
Feb 18, 2022 6:07 AM

Jul 2021
That kiss ;) I really want more!!!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Mar 23, 2022 5:48 PM
Sep 2021
Komi really did it. This and chapter 228 culminate to make the worst aftermath & epilogue chapters/episodes in all of the animes I've ever viewed. The only "good" thing about this chapter is Shuu and Ruri, Chitoge in her endeavors to become a world renowned fashion designer is stated to live a life similar to her mother now. Meaning she probably doesn't talk to any of her friends on any normal basis and scarcely sees her own husband (maybe a few times a year?) . I'm supposed to believe that Raku and Chitoge after Chapter 228 have been living this separated life style for MULTIPLE YEARS??? So much so that they're having their first kiss now, after they're already engaged and their wedding is potentially within a few weeks? What happened to the whole "If it's with her, then I can see a world that I never imagined". Ffs where is that world raku cause its definitely not this one. Of course komi has to troll us one final time by not even giving us a proper kiss panel. As for Onodera, she got completely shit on. She's shown for a singular page and we're only given a shot of her back and a shadowed shot of her face while she is MAKING THE CAKE FOR RAKU AND CHITOGE'S WEDDING. No hints or nudges at her possibly finding a new love interest either. I know a lot of people have already said this but raku really didn't deserve any of these girls. 2/10 Final chapter, only slightly better than 228 as it least shows something about our characters even if it is anti-climactic, anti-romantic & minimal.
DrasticXDMar 31, 2022 1:12 PM
Apr 5, 2022 8:27 AM

Apr 2020
All the filler sufferring was actually kind of worth it. I really enjoyed this manga. But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Honestly, I was hoping Ichijo would either choose chitoge or onodera. The other girls were way too good for a dense retard llike him.
now, let me enjoy my feeling of emptiness and satisfaction of completing this manga
water
May 19, 2022 5:47 PM
Jan 2018
The ending felt really lacking! I don't understand why chitoge had to leave for America after Raku confessed. Why couldn't she stay and live with and love Raku? I wanted a more complete ending and instead we got a toradora ending. I mean the whole entire series I was rooting for Raku and chitoge and was going to give this a 10 out of 10 but that ending sucked!!
May 19, 2022 6:01 PM
Jan 2018
crimson_fukr said:
Xarvyn said:

have any good recommendations on seinen romance?
Sep 4, 2022 2:37 AM

Sep 2015
crimson_fukr said:

----

This may be the most face palm worthy post I've ever read on this website
Sep 7, 2022 1:59 PM
Jan 2017
LemonMAL said:
crimson_fukr said:

----

You can stop crying anytime, Troglodyte.
Sep 10, 2022 9:04 AM

Sep 2015
crimson_fukr said:
LemonMAL said:

You can stop crying anytime, Troglodyte.

Anyone who didn't skip all those chapters would realize MC only had romantic feelings for 1 girl and a promise about a locket didn't matter anymore
Apr 11, 2023 1:40 PM
Mar 2022
I liked the story and the characters very much, I didn’t really care if it got dragged for a bit too long but seeing Raku realize he actually liked Chitoge as a girl and choosing her in that short period of time was disappointing. I actually don’t care if the girl I like best loses as long as there’s a good explanation or development for it but this wasn’t the case. I’m not mad, just disappointed.
Jun 11, 2023 10:00 PM
May 2023
i love nisekoi is amazing
Sep 3, 2023 9:26 AM
Aug 2023
Absolutely amazing! You should check it out.
Feb 13, 12:25 AM
Sep 2023
good end 🤞🏻
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» To Nisekoi fans who like Chitoge, can you explain why you like her?

Kira_Illusionist - May 21

23 by Hassan2003 »»
Yesterday, 3:05 AM

» The reasoning the author gives for choosing... is meh [SPOILERS] ( 1 2 )

diu613 - Jul 20, 2016

99 by Kira_Illusionist »»
May 21, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Nisekoi Chapter 206 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2016

79 by gohanoo »»
Apr 8, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Chapter 68 Discussion

Kaengel - Mar 28, 2013

27 by GGA_ »»
Jan 14, 8:56 PM

» Where to start reading after the anime?

BadSenpai - Sep 26, 2023

6 by chunkybovi »»
Sep 27, 2023 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.