Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Sep 12, 2015 5:17 PM
Sep 2015
Whoever said that science is the reason behind that fog. They must be grinning hard out in this episode cause they got that fog theory right.

...and my theory is wrong, like many others haha
Sep 12, 2015 5:19 PM
Sep 2012
Wishful thinking Maura isn't the seventh. There would be no one to keep the little sh*t under control if she's seventh.
Sep 12, 2015 5:22 PM

Nov 2014
CookingPriest said:
black1blade said:
It's not that the explanation was BS it's just that people weren't paying attention to the right details XD. (well I wasn't either).

Yeah sorry no. I call BS. There's absolutely no way to figure out this mystery before the reveal because the "reveal" literally throws away every single rule the mystery has set out of the window to explain itself.

Its the same as if we had a locked room murder mystery with with suspects in a confined room and then the narrative suddenly decided to tell us that the murder was done by an alien elephant who teleported into the room and killed the victim with his mind.

just because you couldn't figure it out doesn't mean there aren't enough clues to solve the mystery. they've told you everything:
1) it was hot when they arrived
2) it was suddenly cold when the barrier activated
3) riura disappeared
And if you have knowledge about fog, then you, like Adlet, can deduce that the fog was formed when riura was killed. it's very simple, you're just not watching carefully.
Sep 12, 2015 5:24 PM
Jun 2015
apokaliz500 said:
darboux said:
1)That also can be her motive???My father/kingdom wanted to kill me i side with the fiends take revenge?
Physically/emotionally unstable but still managed to pull through saint training,tournaments that involve battles,when she was alone and attacked by a pack of fiends pulled through as well.Pretending to be all innocent and only become emotionally unstable when the plot requires...hm ok.
2)The king might had tons of extra plates or sth,and the barrier was made for when the rokkas go to fight the demon god in case he starts to awaken so even 1 time could be possible.Or the guys at the fortress had spare as well.If the plate was not part of the activation then how did goldov do it?Just pull out the sword saying nothing?then even a stranger could walk in and do it lol.
3)Ye she does she wants to make him feel anger, jealousy, act rushly.After maura dies or at some point this way she might use it to blame goldov?(or after they learned adlet was not the one make sure goldov attacks maura because she tricked his princess)The act was not about goldov not suspecting but for other reasons.Spending time talking to him about adlet in earlier episodes to make him jealous is what made goldov attack adlet at ep 5 anyway.Unless you wanna tell me except for conveniently emotionally unstable she is dumb and she does not get goldov got a thing for her right?Oh ye i forgot she just too innocent and does not know anything about the world.
She got an act and she doing it well....

Again about her knowing and trusting maura,the reason maura gave is that he injured hans which i said in previous posts it does not add up with the whole thing i prove adlet innocent.And again another coincidence?She decides to trust maura and the other braves only when its convenient cmon..

About the others :
1) She was just about to kill him he not dead yet he could escape,wrong move or drop the act =adlet knowing 100% she is the one.and at last second he did escape^^.
2)I claim nashetania is the one,adlet might think its goldov or something.We talking about a guy that risked his life for a girl he barely for few days,and said he gonna protect nashetania too(and everyone).He might not suspect nashetania because she the cute bunny girl with big boobs that acts innocent and doesnt know about the world??
3)Its like the above.

1) She would need fiends to take revenge of her father when he's just a puppet and she's a friggin blade saint? Not to mention that IIRC said father is already dead? Doesn't seem too plausible.
2) Sure, extra plates. But if that's going to be any effective, those plates need to be stored in the temple itself, otherwise it would be impractical as hell to carry the tablet with such a long distance. And in the temple there is a lot of free space to put, like, 10 spare tables. And there was none.
Actually nothing wrong with just pulling the sword. The temple is well protected anyways. Sure, Adlet blew it up easily and stuff, but I think that in-universe it oficially isn't that easy as Hans said himself the door is "extremely strong". That sure is wiser idea than having to have spare tablets and not putting them in the temple.
3) I have literally no clue how Nash going crazy at that moment could serve to others blame Goldof at all, seriously. I have no clue where that idea comes from.
Well, Goldof saw Nash getting crazy, he saw that Mora lied, yet did nothing to her this episode rather than, with a bit raised voice but still politely, asking what is the meaning of this. Which means Goldof isn't a guy to attack someone as important as Mora in that kind of circumstances, and I'm sure Nash knows it.
Of course she knows Goldof likes her. She even states that in the show. But the thing is, her knowledge about that means she knows she has him under her foot, she doesn't need to come with elaborate acts when she's alone with him. Just playing the good girl would be enough.

Speaking of jealousy argument, it actually even works for Goldof being the 7th. This time he was collected so he wanted to keep Adlet alive so they don't see he's innocent so quickly, but at that time it was his jealousy that made him not think straight and he wanted to kill him right away.

The thing is it's still not convenient for her, as I explained already. She has no reason to attack him at that point, still "believing in Adlet-san" makes her future position better than suddenly hating him now.

Others:
1) Actually it's suspicious. It feels like she didn't think that logically at that point. If she feared that Adlet might still escape/make a comeback, why didn't she use blades to attack him, and instead she approached him directly with that spikey stuff of hers? If she is the 7th and thinks logically, she would still attack him from the distance. If she's the 7th and thinks illogically, she would drop an act. But if she's not the 7th and is angered as all hell, she won't drop the act because there's no act but may want to finish him off directly close up to satisfy her anger.
2) and 3) he decided to trust those people because they were Braves, he had no clue about there being 7th at that point. And honestly, that cliffhanger implies he KNOWS who the 7th is, his words kinda imply that. So if he knows and Nashetania is the one, this logically means he sees her as an enemy now.

1)Father/kingdom i mean in general,whoever she thought made her father do it or she thought responsible.You said he was a puppet ruler so maybe she wanted revenge on the ones pulling the strings.Sounds about as much plausible as her being emotionally unstable only when its convenient.
2)If it was desighned to be used only for when the rokkas went there,then who on earth would break the blade unless it is for activation?
Break the plate activate the barrier,why would you need spare to be in the temple ?In case the guy that wants to activate it accidentally drops it?lol
3)I did not say it would serve blame goldov at that momment. From the start you see her slowly playing jealousy tricks on him.Her going crazy at that moment would serve her in the future,I said she wants him to feel jealousy/anger etc so he might act rushly at some point.For example imagine if adlet died as i said.Then nashetania going all angry/crying/hurt add to that her acting as crazy this could make goldov attack maura etc....
''Which means Goldof isn't a guy to attack someone as important as Mora in that kind of circumstances, and I'm sure Nash knows it.'' You say it yourself nash knows it that is why SHE IS ACTING.The girl you love going crazy in front of you,you see her feel hurt etc that might make goldov later on if adlet died angry/furious at maura.Or in general try to make him unstable.

If goldov was the 7th again i tell you he would kill adlet then and there.He would not be suspected in the slightest.Maura would be for sure....so ye..

Others:
1)Look the fight again it was only natural what she did.And also there would be another way to look at it: satisfaction that her plan is finally working and she gonna get her first brave killed heh.
2)Again this is sth you brought up about her trusting maura because she knows her.To me it would be lame writing like someone else mentioned :
a)Think she even lied about hans to make him look suspicious to goldov to help her ''prove'' adlet's innocence.
b)She was resolved to see it to the end and that hans was the 7th.
c)She instantly switches to kill adlet when maura says adlet attacked hans so he is the 7th.There is no doubt no logical conclusion,no in between like her been in denial for abit or sth its just boom switch to kill.

and throughout the show she acts crazy only when its plot convenient?that would be lame writing.

But you Imply Adlet could not be wrong.And you also exclude the fact how adlet was shown to be.Maybe he genuinely thinks nashetania not the one.Or even if he thinks she is the one he does not want to kill her or sth.

Look your explanation works for you.But to me now that we know how the barrier got up its obvious its her.If she isnt then her character makes 0 sense to me she is just randomly plot conveniently emotionally unstable. From panicking like a little girl to cold blooded killer etc..
And despite her past, acts like she is the most innocent girl in the world.

So to you nashetania is a truly innocent bunny girl that just conveniently mentally unstable just so the writter can fool us.

Well i dont buy it.Lets wait next episode see.
darbouxSep 12, 2015 5:29 PM
Sep 12, 2015 5:24 PM

Oct 2008
Haha it ended exactly the way I thought it would. "The 7th is..." find out on the next episode of dbz.
Sep 12, 2015 5:28 PM

Jul 2013
I feel betrayed that they didn't reveal it this episode. I am rather enjoying this show a lot, it's hard to find decent mysteries in anime these days.

Granted that's just my opinion.

Rokka no Yuusha has done a good job in such a genre. It's a reminiscent of Agatha Christie's formulaic design that made classical mystery what it is.
"I've always seen failure as a possibility, but never as an option."
vndb||Serumeito Twitter||Discord: Bunny of Wrath#3201
Sep 12, 2015 5:29 PM

Feb 2011
Here's a brief analysis of the 20 rules of Detective Writing in terms of Rokka's mystery of the barrier (NOT the mystery of who's the seventh):

1. The reader must have equal opportunity with the detective for solving the mystery. All clues must be plainly stated and described.

Prior to episode 11, we had all the clues alongside Adlet, so yes. I'd argue we have more clues than Adlet, given what we see all the characters, but there's nothing Adlet knows that we don't know. The science of the fog is something that can fall under public, available knowledge or at least science.

2. No willful tricks or deceptions may be placed on the reader other than those played legitimately by the criminal on the detective himself.

All tricks placed on Adlet have been placed on us. The lie about the timing of activation and method were tricking both him and us. Yet Adlet himself mentions the theory of the fog being faked initially some episodes ago.

3. There must be no love interest. The business in hand is to bring a criminal to the bar of justice, not to bring a lovelorn couple to the hymeneal altar.

Okay, failure 1 because of Fremy, but in Rokka's defense, the love is still just secondary to the main mystery.

4. The detective himself, or one of the official investigators, should never turn out to be the culprit. This is bald trickery, on a par with offering some one a bright penny for a five-dollar gold piece. It's false pretenses.

You could consider all 7 to be investigators, but in reality, Adlet's the only one coming up with theories. I'd say this passes as he is not the culprit.

5. The culprit must be determined by logical deductions — not by accident or coincidence or unmotivated confession. To solve a criminal problem in this latter fashion is like sending the reader on a deliberate wild-goose chase, and then telling him, after he has failed, that you had the object of his search up your sleeve all the time. Such an author is no better than a practical joker.

Even finding the corpse followed a series of logical deductions, by crossing out other locations the corpse would be. There was a chance of the corpse being elsewhere, but the idea of inside a fiend was not unreasonable and made sense. We have also seen giant fiends prior. As for the culprit, we don't know yet, but for now this is for the mystery of the barrier's activation. There were no unreasonable accidents or coincidences in this past episode.

6. The detective novel must have a detective in it; and a detective is not a detective unless he detects. His function is to gather clues that will eventually lead to the person who did the dirty work in the first chapter; and if the detective does not reach his conclusions through an analysis of those clues, he has no more solved his problem than the schoolboy who gets his answer out of the back of the arithmetic.

Eh, I'd say this passes since Adlet amasses clues along the way alongside his theories and gets them tested, disproved, and reworked. He does detect in the sense that he gathers some clues, like testimonies from the others and asks them questions for important information.

7. There simply must be a corpse in a detective novel, and the deader the corpse the better. No lesser crime than murder will suffice. Three hundred pages is far too much pother for a crime other than murder. After all, the reader's trouble and expenditure of energy must be rewarded.

Yes. Not the main mystery but yes. (Also, the heck? Why do all mysteries have to be about a corpse? I don't like this rule.)

8. The problem of the crime must he solved by strictly naturalistic means. Such methods for learning the truth as slate-writing, ouija-boards, mind-reading, spiritualistic se'ances, crystal-gazing, and the like, are taboo. A reader has a chance when matching his wits with a rationalistic detective, but if he must compete with the world of spirits and go chasing about the fourth dimension of metaphysics, he is defeated ab initio.

Okay, there's magic in this series, so I guess it fails. But the magic is establish early on and given a fairly thorough enough explanation. Still, failure 2.

9. There must be but one detective — that is, but one protagonist of deduction — one deus ex machina. To bring the minds of three or four, or sometimes a gang of detectives to bear on a problem, is not only to disperse the interest and break the direct thread of logic, but to take an unfair advantage of the reader. If there is more than one detective the reader doesn't know who his codeductor is. It's like making the reader run a race with a relay team.

It was clear that Adlet is the main deductor. Nashetania, Hans, etc may have helped here and there but Adlet is clearly the main lead Batm- I mean, detective.

10. The culprit must turn out to be a person who has played a more or less prominent part in the story — that is, a person with whom the reader is familiar and in whom he takes an interest.

Not a culprit but we know there's a seventh. And all 7 have been important, so yes. And the illusion fog barrier was crucial to the story.

11. A servant must not be chosen by the author as the culprit. This is begging a noble question. It is a too easy solution. The culprit must be a decidedly worth-while person — one that wouldn't ordinarily come under suspicion.

One could suggest that Lauren or Riura was a servant and this violates the rule. I suppose so, even if evidence was given. Failure 3.

12. There must be but one culprit, no matter how many murders are committed. The culprit may, of course, have a minor helper or co-plotter; but the entire onus must rest on one pair of shoulders: the entire indignation of the reader must be permitted to concentrate on a single black nature.

Yes, one main seventh evil culprit.

13. Secret societies, camorras, mafias, et al., have no place in a detective story. A fascinating and truly beautiful murder is irremediably spoiled by any such wholesale culpability. To be sure, the murderer in a detective novel should be given a sporting chance; but it is going too far to grant him a secret society to fall back on. No high-class, self-respecting murderer would want such odds.

One can't really consider the fiends a secret society, and that's the main group helping the seventh from what we've seen (the transformation fiends). Maybe Lauren and his soldiers but its hardly secret. Pass.

14. The method of murder, and the means of detecting it, must be be rational and scientific. That is to say, pseudo-science and purely imaginative and speculative devices are not to be tolerated in the roman policier. Once an author soars into the realm of fantasy, in the Jules Verne manner, he is outside the bounds of detective fiction, cavorting in the uncharted reaches of adventure.

Yes, very scientific the activation of the barrier. It is speculative, but the speculation was given prior to this, to aid the viewer.

15. The truth of the problem must at all times be apparent — provided the reader is shrewd enough to see it. By this I mean that if the reader, after learning the explanation for the crime, should reread the book, he would see that the solution had, in a sense, been staring him in the face-that all the clues really pointed to the culprit — and that, if he had been as clever as the detective, he could have solved the mystery himself without going on to the final chapter. That the clever reader does often thus solve the problem goes without saying.

This depends how you see it. Is the truth to the barrier's activation apparent at all times to even the smartest viewer? I am not one of them so I don't know. I'd say we didn't have ALL of the evidence until episode 9 or 10 though. I guess I'll err on the side of caution with a failure 4.

16. A detective novel should contain no long descriptive passages, no literary dallying with side-issues, no subtly worked-out character analyses, no "atmospheric" preoccupations. such matters have no vital place in a record of crime and deduction. They hold up the action and introduce issues irrelevant to the main purpose, which is to state a problem, analyze it, and bring it to a successful conclusion. To be sure, there must be a sufficient descriptiveness and character delineation to give the novel verisimilitude.

Not a novel, but there was a lot of exposition and talking. Not sure if this should qualify, but I'll say failure 5 to be generous, though I think everything's fairly important and crucial.

17. A professional criminal must never be shouldered with the guilt of a crime in a detective story. Crimes by housebreakers and bandits are the province of the police departments — not of authors and brilliant amateur detectives. A really fascinating crime is one committed by a pillar of a church, or a spinster noted for her charities.

No professional criminals here. Well, Hans actually. I guess Adlet is a criminal too, though not a professional one. But we're analyzing the fog's mystery, not the mystery of the seventh, so this gets a pass.

18. A crime in a detective story must never turn out to be an accident or a suicide. To end an odyssey of sleuthing with such an anti-climax is to hoodwink the trusting and kind-hearted reader.

Very intentional and elaborate trap by the seventh.

19. The motives for all crimes in detective stories should be personal. International plottings and war politics belong in a different category of fiction — in secret-service tales, for instance. But a murder story must be kept gemütlich, so to speak. It must reflect the reader's everyday experiences, and give him a certain outlet for his own repressed desires and emotions.

No motives given yet, so failure 6.

20. And (to give my Credo an even score of items) I herewith list a few of the devices which no self-respecting detective story writer will now avail himself of. They have been employed too often, and are familiar to all true lovers of literary crime. To use them is a confession of the author's ineptitude and lack of originality. (a) Determining the identity of the culprit by comparing the butt of a cigarette left at the scene of the crime with the brand smoked by a suspect. (b) The bogus spiritualistic se'ance to frighten the culprit into giving himself away. (c) Forged fingerprints. (d) The dummy-figure alibi. (e) The dog that does not bark and thereby reveals the fact that the intruder is familiar. (f)The final pinning of the crime on a twin, or a relative who looks exactly like the suspected, but innocent, person. (g) The hypodermic syringe and the knockout drops. (h) The commission of the murder in a locked room after the police have actually broken in. (i) The word association test for guilt. (j) The cipher, or code letter, which is eventually unraveled by the sleuth.

Possibly h depending how you look at it, but not really. Pass.

There. Rokka fails 3,8,11,15, 16, 19 and most of those are questionable fails too, like how it uses magic (otherwise we'd have no show). In order, the related failures are Fremy love, magic, servant as culprit, always apparent truth, dilly-dallying with side issues, and motive.

Passing 14 out of 20 even with me erring on the side of caution against it.

EDIT: Just realized Zefyris beat me to the punch while I was writing this out. Check his list above too, if you want a less conservative comparison.
DragonSep 12, 2015 5:34 PM
Sep 12, 2015 5:30 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Great stuff, wow. Adlet took the stab with both hands! :OOO

Flamie being so worried about him <3

Adlet was so lucky at the end.
Sep 12, 2015 5:31 PM

Jun 2014
Okay so first off, I would just like to give a shout out to Passione. Even with a very limited budget, they managed to make the fight scenes exciting to watch. Mind you, I also already know what happened because I read the light novel, and it still was fun to watch. So yeah, hats off to Passione for effort.

They ended this episode at a good part XD It was fun to come here and see people's reactions to that cliffhanger. I was a little disappointed too though because I really want to see the next events animated.

I can't get over how great the explanation of the seventh's plan is. And how smart Adlet is to have figured that out, geez.

So if the season ends where I think it will...hoo boy the people who haven't read the LN are going to be pissed XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2015 5:32 PM

Feb 2011
ttcchen said:
they've told you everything:
1) it was hot when they arrived
2) it was suddenly cold when the barrier activated
3) riura disappeared
And if you have knowledge about fog, then you, like Adlet, can deduce that the fog was formed when riura was killed

just for fun, since it was adlet to formulate the solution he should have noticed each one of those clues
and should have shown to have noticed them, right ? (cause if he hadn't noticed them he couldn't have come to that conclusion)
when did adlet show to have noticed each one of them?

when did adlet notice the instructions given to them to activate the barrier were fake? or shown to suspect the army in the fortress to be not trustable?

(ps. it's not about clues not being there, it's about how they got presented, and how could the characters reach their conclusions, you've to look at things from the characters point of view)
ZeandoSep 12, 2015 5:37 PM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Sep 12, 2015 5:32 PM

Feb 2015
One more episode to go people and we find out who the seventh is (can't wait).
though I thought the anime was about defeating the demon god, at this rate is that even gonna happen, oh well it leaves it open for another series; and at this point I just wanna know who the seventh is.
Sep 12, 2015 5:46 PM

Feb 2011
Credit Reddit Thread on Rokka 11 (Nash foot to the face):

https://gfycat.com/GrossSoupyKrill

I personally like Nash, but damn. The LN version is more intense.

EDIT: Also, count of Adlet's number of times he said "World's Strongest": https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/3kp47q/spoilers_rokka_no_yuusha_episode_11_discussion/cuzae3y
Sep 12, 2015 5:51 PM

Jun 2015
fourbucks said:
1 episode left and the braves haven't taken a step to save the world at all, what the hell?

I think they've been in the same area for like 8+ episodes?? How boring.

How the fuck do we still have these comments? How do you not understand at this point that the mystery of the seventh is the focus of the show, and not 'saving the world'?

Color me impressed.
Sep 12, 2015 5:53 PM

Feb 2011
...Y'know, I wasn't originally going to jump in on the explain-reality-to-CookingPriest bandwagon (because I agree with the majority of you here that this whole thing was/is brilliant, and feel that you all have done plenty well enough of a job explaining that already in very rational terms), however I did just want to note that I thought it was funny that CookingPriest brought up Poirot as a mystery standard a few pages ago. Since, y'know, one of the most famous (and, IMO, also one of the absolute best) Poirot mysteries literally features the entire story being told by an unreliable narrator, who outright feeds you false facts and who is only revealed to have done so by himself at the end. (Try being able to figure *that* one out on your own your first time reading it through! :P ) Yet, with Rokka, we actually did get all of the *real* clues scattered throughout, *despite* the several lying characters. So, yeah, the blatant contradiction in that argument was pretty amusing.

Also, just want to point out the fact that locked-room mysteries-- which this, in essence, was-- are all about twisted facts + the 'how,' because the entire point of a locked-room mystery is that it couldn't have happened in the way that everybody says/thinks-- along with the real clues/facts (which, as aforementioned, we did get earlier on), at least one fundamental 'fact' given to/by the characters is always false. And that's exactly what happened here.

Plus, again, all of the other very logical and detailed explanatory posts from a number of people who (unlike CP, apparently :P ) actually understand this show, which I won't even bother to try to condense because there's pages of it and it's all very relevant and good.

TL;DR: Rokka is brilliant and CP is wrong. :P :D
MangaRocksSep 12, 2015 5:56 PM
Sep 12, 2015 5:54 PM
Sep 2014
NowOrNever88 said:

11. A servant must not be chosen by the author as the culprit. This is begging a noble question. It is a too easy solution. The culprit must be a decidedly worth-while person — one that wouldn't ordinarily come under suspicion.

One could suggest that Lauren or Riura was a servant and this violates the rule. I suppose so, even if evidence was given. Failure 3.

I'd argue that since she was forced to do it, she doesn't break 11 and passes 12.

NowOrNever88 said:

13. Secret societies, camorras, mafias, et al., have no place in a detective story. A fascinating and truly beautiful murder is irremediably spoiled by any such wholesale culpability. To be sure, the murderer in a detective novel should be given a sporting chance; but it is going too far to grant him a secret society to fall back on. No high-class, self-respecting murderer would want such odds.

One can't really consider the fiends a secret society, and that's the main group helping the seventh from what we've seen (the transformation fiends). Maybe Lauren and his soldiers but its hardly secret. Pass.

There must be other people helping the fiends, at least to kidnap Riura. Also, remember that Adlet's village was forced to work for them? There may be more, and the rest of the world doesn't seem to know about them. I think it's a fail, but it's a silly rule anyway.

NowOrNever88 said:

15. The truth of the problem must at all times be apparent — provided the reader is shrewd enough to see it. By this I mean that if the reader, after learning the explanation for the crime, should reread the book, he would see that the solution had, in a sense, been staring him in the face-that all the clues really pointed to the culprit — and that, if he had been as clever as the detective, he could have solved the mystery himself without going on to the final chapter. That the clever reader does often thus solve the problem goes without saying.

This depends how you see it. Is the truth to the barrier's activation apparent at all times to even the smartest viewer? I am not one of them so I don't know. I'd say we didn't have ALL of the evidence until episode 9 or 10 though. I guess I'll err on the side of caution with a failure 4.

Pass. There's enough info to get it right by episode 5, although you can't rule out all the other alternatives until episode 9.
Sep 12, 2015 5:54 PM
Oct 2014
What a great episode, loved every second of it. What I've been mulling over in my head is, what is Adlet really is the 7th? We haven't seen any Saint powers out of him, only gimmicks with smokescreens and auxiliary weapons and tricks. However, he hasn't shown an ulterior motive.

What if he is the 7th purely because he is "the strongest man in the world?" Is it possible that the Goddess saw his passion for killing the Demon God and his skills as enough to not warrant a power, and to not kick another character out? I had originally thought it was Maura, and her continuous blaming of Adlet kind of reinforced my thought that it was Maura, but what if she is blaming him since he hasn't shown any Saint-like powers?

I'd love to hear other thoughts and if anyone else feels the same way about this!

(Also, first time posting on the forums, looking forward to many more posts :D)
Sep 12, 2015 5:55 PM
Jan 2014

Fuckin' lovely.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2015 5:57 PM

Aug 2014
So instead of following this thread for 2 hours, I finished off the LN and OMFG, we are in for a treat next week.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Sep 12, 2015 5:58 PM

Aug 2014
MPro01123 said:
What a great episode, loved every second of it. What I've been mulling over in my head is, what is Adlet really is the 7th? We haven't seen any Saint powers out of him, only gimmicks with smokescreens and auxiliary weapons and tricks. However, he hasn't shown an ulterior motive.

What if he is the 7th purely because he is "the strongest man in the world?" Is it possible that the Goddess saw his passion for killing the Demon God and his skills as enough to not warrant a power, and to not kick another character out? I had originally thought it was Maura, and her continuous blaming of Adlet kind of reinforced my thought that it was Maura, but what if she is blaming him since he hasn't shown any Saint-like powers?

I'd love to hear other thoughts and if anyone else feels the same way about this!

Only women get saint powers and said powers are unrelated to the crest of the 6 flowers.

Sep 12, 2015 5:58 PM

Jul 2007
And now since the harassers from certain other forums are back Ill say again that I dropped this discussion since there's no point in debating with fanboys arguing against criticism. I already adjusted my expectations over what Rokka is(it is hilarious though that fanboys took one flaw and somehow interpreted it as me hating the whole show, but that's what fanboys do).

And will thereby be ignoring this "discussion".

Harasser clique can go crawl back into whatever hole they hibernated in before. Please stay irrelevant.
Sep 12, 2015 5:59 PM

Aug 2014
I think if anything, CP's contribution is actually positive. You see it has allowed everyone to fully express why he is wrong. I considered all the previous foreshadowing far more than I would have otherwise.

Sep 12, 2015 6:00 PM
Oct 2014
black1blade said:
MPro01123 said:

Only women get saint powers and said powers are unrelated to the crest of the 6 flowers.

Guess I forgot that :/ Can't wait till next week ;u;
Sep 12, 2015 6:01 PM

Jan 2008
Laughed so hard when Adlet kicked bunny girl in the face. Still laughing and already done with the episode.

Aug 2014
black1blade said:
So instead of following this thread for 2 hours, I finished off the LN and OMFG, we are in for a treat next week.

Well I say that but (big spoiler don't click guyz plz)
REMOVED-GRR
black1bladeSep 12, 2015 6:12 PM

Aug 2014
Paul said:
Laughed so hard when Adlet kicked bunny girl in the face. Still laughing and already done with the episode.

Personally I found char-lol-ette more funny.

Sep 12, 2015 6:03 PM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:
black1blade said:
I think if anything, CP's contribution is actually positive. You see it has allowed everyone to fully express why he is wrong. I considered all the previous foreshadowing far more than I would have otherwise.

> opinions
> wrong

Still increasing your post count I see

Well wrong to the people who disagree with you if you know what I mean. Obviously in your eyes, we are all wrong ;)

Sep 12, 2015 6:03 PM

Apr 2015
CookingPriest said:
black1blade said:

> opinions
> wrong

Still increasing your post count I see

I want my post count increased by +1 too and so do you.
Sep 12, 2015 6:04 PM

Aug 2014
Forgetfulness said:
You know, if I was going to criticize anything, it would be the fact that light takes 8 minutes to get from the sun to the earth so either the author forgot that slight detail or the 7th has impeccable timing.

Or maybe there's an explanation in the LN, who knows?

We don't actually know the mechanics of rokka's world though. Maybe it's flat. I also highly doubt that riura actually powered up the sun at all XD

Sep 12, 2015 6:10 PM

Jul 2013
black1blade said:
Forgetfulness said:
You know, if I was going to criticize anything, it would be the fact that light takes 8 minutes to get from the sun to the earth so either the author forgot that slight detail or the 7th has impeccable timing.

We don't actually know the mechanics of rokka's world though.

Black1blade is right. That's fiction for you, heh.

It's also possible their sun emits less energy and is closer, so the time it takes photons to reach their planet may be quicker than that of Earth.
Sep 12, 2015 6:10 PM

Feb 2011
black1blade said:
black1blade said:

Dude DELETE that. Its not allowed.
Sep 12, 2015 6:11 PM

Aug 2010
How about this.

Adlet couldn't be the 7th because he was in prison for a long time before he became a brave. It would be impossible for him to set up any sort of plan at the temple or get a fake brave tattoo while in that hole by himself.

Now why didn't Adlet just say "Hey I was in prison for a long time before all of this and after splitting with Nash I was with Flamie, so there would be no time to set all of this up."

Just something to think on....
Sep 12, 2015 6:11 PM
Jan 2014
Forgetfulness said:

Please don't concern yourself with that when there's one kid that has a swamp in her stomach.
Sep 12, 2015 6:12 PM

Aug 2014
NowOrNever88 said:
black1blade said:

Dude DELETE that. Its not allowed.

Fine but it's still stupid.

Sep 12, 2015 6:13 PM

Feb 2011
Forgetfulness said:

Like does Riura increase the sun's power or does she herself emanate heat?

Hmm, that's true. I hadn't thought of that. Maybe her power is not just the Sun, but heat from her own body, like how Nash and Fremy can make their own blades/bullets?

Otherwise, she'd be useless at night.
Sep 12, 2015 6:14 PM

Aug 2008
Farabeuf said:
These guys must be extremely confident they're getting a second season. This has all been about the seventh.

To be honest, it's better than getting a rushed deal. Although, I'm not sure which turns out to be better for sales? Ultimately, that would be their bottom-line.
Anyway, as far a story telling and plot progression goes, it's been a fine ride.

But, errm, who's the seventh?? If it's not Mora, then I dunno. I guess someone could STILL be the seventh amongst the group, but they've had their memories altered? Shit's confusing.
But man, Nasche, you were my second best girl! I feel conflicted in your easily swayed loyalty. One obvious lie is all it takes to sway her... :(

Well, at least Adlet's on the clear now. Next episode should be good!
Sep 12, 2015 6:15 PM

Jul 2013
singleturbo said:
How about this.

Adlet couldn't be the 7th because he was in prison for a long time before he became a brave. It would be impossible for him to set up any sort of plan at the temple or get a fake brave tattoo while in that hole by himself.

Now why didn't Adlet just say "Hey I was in prison for a long time before all of this and after splitting with Nash I was with Flamie, so there would be no time to set all of this up."

What if he was informed of the plan prior to being imprisoned, then he wouldn't need to plan it himself. In fact, him becoming "the strongest" was just to increase his chances at becoming a Brave, and he succeeded. Then, all he had to do was go to the temple and activate the barrier.

The reason Adlet was so suspicious relied solely on the activation of the barrier. It is why at the moment he revealed Riura he was absolved of doubt.
Sep 12, 2015 6:15 PM

Feb 2011
singleturbo said:
How about this.

But there's no one to verify that without knowing how the Crest is obtained, not even Nashetania who was close to him. For example, maybe there's a Saint with the power to give fake marks and the ability activates after a certain time. Or someone came by his cell real quick and gave him the mark and ran off before Nash arrived.
Sep 12, 2015 6:16 PM

Aug 2014
NowOrNever88 said:
Forgetfulness said:

Hmm, that's true. I hadn't thought of that. Maybe her power is not just the Sun, but heat from her own body, like how Nash and Fremy can make their own blades/bullets?

She has to have some weakness I guess. I think she just amplifies the sun's heat.

Sep 12, 2015 6:19 PM

Jul 2007
Farabeuf said:
These guys must be extremely confident they're getting a second season. This has all been about the seventh.

It has nothing to do with confidence in getting second season.
There has been cases where anime ends with an actual teaser trailer for season2, which then never gets made because sales bombed

LN and manga adaptations in on itself serve either as way to create a new branch in the franchise or as an advert for the source material. Sometimes even if BD sales are mediocre, if the source material sales increased, the studios would still greenlit a sequel.

Doing a faithful adaptation or not is mainly a creative decision. You can try to "add your own touch" to the point of completely ruining it(or making it better depending on how good youa re) or you can do a by the books faithful adaptation. That generally has less to do with the upcoming sales and more with planning and creative team - does the studio want to have a way to adapt the entirety of the franchise or are they looking for the quick buck - those factors determine pacing and how well adapted the thing is.

After all generally when the decisions about storyline content are made, they have no way to know how it will sell.
AhenshihaelSep 12, 2015 6:23 PM
Sep 12, 2015 6:20 PM

Jul 2013
NowOrNever88 said:
Forgetfulness said:

Actually, you make the most reasonable sense. The moment she dies, the heat disperses soon after. That follows Adlet's reasoning that she was killed by the fiend as soon as the signal was given, thus the sudden drop in temperature due to her absence raised the fog.
Sep 12, 2015 6:23 PM

May 2014
Worst cliff of all the year ...
Sep 12, 2015 6:23 PM

May 2013
Seriously? Cliffhanger? Ughhhh
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 12, 2015 6:24 PM

Apr 2013
Forgetfulness said:

There's no way Riura is controlling the sun itself. That would give her control over something far too far away, this would be far too powerful, and this would cover the whole earth rather than just a small area. Her power is just amplifying the power of sun rays on the area. Nothing else is logical if you compare with the powers of other saints. And light when it already reached earth's atmosphere reaches the ground almost instantly, so on the contrary that's almost instant.
Sep 12, 2015 6:24 PM

Apr 2014
That kick on the face of Nashetania feel so good, but was expecting her to lose an arm or two haha.
Well, it clean up real quick and just when we are about to find out who is the fake...damn
I still bet on Nashetania as the fake because out of all of them, she is a princess and can order her soldiers to captured the sun saint and was threatened. Only person who can do all these is only Nashetania.
As for Mora, she won't do it since she respect the sun saint...I still hate Mora tho.
Sep 12, 2015 6:27 PM

Apr 2013
Soooooooo good. I may or may not have gotten addicted to Rokka and read halfway through Volume 3 of the LN right now...
Sep 12, 2015 6:27 PM

Aug 2014

=

Sep 12, 2015 6:30 PM

Jul 2007
I'll never understand the hate Nashetanya gets from the viewers. She is genuinely one of the more interesting characters, with an interesting backstory(actually what we know about her is the most interesting out of entire cast) and actually cool saint power(well at least compared to Maura's "I can punch things", Fremy's "I got guns" or Chamot's vomit), and she is one with most human reactions to things around her so far.

Saying she "deserved" getting punched in the face is ridiculous. She "deserved" it no more than everyone else tricked by Maura - difference being that Nashetanya at least has better reasons to believe her(She knew Maura longer than Adlet, she blamed Hans so overcompensating due to guilt makes sense, she is also least emotionally prepared out of entire cast, etc)
Sep 12, 2015 6:32 PM

Jul 2013
Okay... So, I went and re-watched episode 4 again where they first entered the temple and the only ones who went up the altar were Adlet, Goldov and Nashetania. Now, I noticed that there's initially three things on the slates (the sword, a tablet and a scroll). I don't think this is a spoiler anymore since all the hints are already in place but just in case:[spoiler]My guess is to activate the barrier, you need to remove/destroy these three things (sword, tablet, scroll) from/on the slate and say the magic word while standing on the altar. When Nashetania "panicked and went crazy" for a moment, she swung the sword aimlessly to push Goldov and Adlet off the altar, broke the tablet, removed the scroll from the slate by slashing at it and said the magic word, "I will be the mistress of the barrier!". The real activation might be a bit different but that's the gist of it. The way the anime staff focused on these things during the scene made me think that it's the truth and that explained her focus in the series. As for her reason to do this, I guess we have to hear it directly from her in the next episode.

Sep 12, 2015 6:33 PM

Aug 2008
Frrrosty said:
black1blade said:

Or you can just DL the fanlations.

Already have. I was talking on behalf of Rokka's general fanbase.

Plus, professional translation >> fan translation, even if Rokka's fanlation is pretty good anyway.

My only beef with Yen Press is their ungodly release speed. 2/year?? REALLY?! You know how I've waited for Spice & Wolf to reach where the fan translations got to?
If they were at least 3-4/year, then I'd be buying their stuff. Otherwise, it's just torture, I telll ya :(
Sep 12, 2015 6:33 PM

Jul 2007
EasyGo-er said:
Okay... So, I went and re-watched episode 4 again where they first entered the temple and the only ones who went up the altar were Adlet, Goldov and Nashetania.

They all did. All seven tried to deactivate it.
Pages (18) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Amazing until

RealityChanges - Jun 10

13 by quarterhorse2525 »»
Jun 22, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2015

306 by Rexnihilo »»
Jun 14, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2015

985 by WienGirl »»
Jun 6, 6:07 AM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2015

577 by WienGirl »»
Jun 6, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

252 by WienGirl »»
Jun 6, 5:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.