Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (25) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2014 1:15 PM

Aug 2009
SirJayce said:
seriously, what is with this obsession for rin and saber?
rin seems fairly uninteresting so far and saber wasn't all that great in f/z

Because of the VN and because Saber is great(compared to many anime chars) but gets overshadowed by people that dont let her speak(Kerry,Gil,Rider...).
Jul 2014
FakePriest said:
RagesEntity said:

nice find
Clearly not the same dog because of timeline and city.
Well, it's just supposed to be a reference...
I'M GONE NOW

Mar 2012
We should count this episode 0 as 1 in MAL, right?
Oct 4, 2014 1:16 PM

Sep 2013
SirJayce said:

I'll make an educated guess that it's mostly people who have seen her in the VN, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya or other Fate/ related works who say this. "Interesting" is completely subjective, you don't have to understand why other people like this person and that person interesting. I like Rin a lot, too, she's my favorite heroine besides Ilya in FSN.
Oct 4, 2014 1:16 PM

Sep 2014
SirJayce said:

Calling on the dragon~

FakePriest said:
mirakura said:
OMG THE HYPE! IT'S KILLING ME!!

Well not really two....

Oh yeah, forgot
The sun is a deadly laser
Oct 4, 2014 1:17 PM

May 2014
FakePriest said:
SirJayce said:

Because of the VN and because Saber is great(compared to many anime chars) but gets overshadowed by people that dont let her speak(Kerry,Gil,Rider...).

+1 this. Most anime girls are uninteresting, weak and boring characters.

Btw. Can anyone think of any other anime with this high animation level? I wonder how much money they put into making this
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2014 1:17 PM

Jul 2013
My god ufotable, your animation, art, and action...... I just can't describe how slick and crisp it looks. That action scene I played it around 5 times already between Archer and Lancer. Damn just damn.... that's all I got to say.

A really nice prologue on Rin's development and seeing her blushed a few times was cute :D. Pretty funny on a few scenes and gets intense in the 2nd half of it.

So to some it all, I have no complaints in here, It will probably get a 10/10 if they give me a great ending to the series. I'm pretty excited when Saber was introduced at the end.

Oct 4, 2014 1:18 PM

Dec 2013
Episode 0? wtf
Where did u watch it ?

Aug 2009
SlothPriest said:
FakePriest said:

I cant see a random dog as a reference.The brand Touko(KnK) smokes , that we saw in FZ is a reference.
.Random dog with same colors isnt.

Jul 2011

It's obviously intentional though
Oct 4, 2014 1:19 PM

Aug 2009
mirakura said:
SirJayce said:

Calling on the dragon~

FakePriest said:

Well not really two....

Oh yeah, forgot

I thought you meant
Oct 4, 2014 1:19 PM

Aug 2014
Nikoka said:
11/10 episode.
I noticed a Kara no Kyoukai reference also http://puu.sh/bZfz2/68c45cf0a2.png

Wow, how does one notice that? XD
FakePriest said:
RagesEntity said:

nice find

It could just be a reference. Unless Ufo has a thing for Collies (or whatever that is).
CookingPriest said:

THey could have cut out pointless show-off landscape montage and add the field scene in that place.

Fair point, though I think they wanted to get across that Rin was showing Archer the town.
Ah well, just more to look forward to in the BD.
Oct 4, 2014 1:20 PM
Nov 2013
YES! ITS HERE!

Started playing the VN not too long ago and this was very faithful! I think we can now shut up about whether or not ufotable will pull this adaption off.

I literally screamed during Arher vs Lancer and Lancer vs Saber.

The op song used as Ed song, I really liked it. Are they showing episode 1 today as well or no?
Jul 2014
FakePriest said:
SlothPriest said:

I cant see a random dog as a reference.The brand Touko(KnK) smokes , that we saw in FZ is a reference.
.Random dog with same colors isnt.
Then maybe they just recycled the design or something...?
I'M GONE NOW

Apr 2012
my goodness what a premiere

11/10 fight animation

Sep 2014
FakePriest said:
mirakura said:

Calling on the dragon~

Oh yeah, forgot

I thought you meant

Nah, that's more of a spar. Still epic tho :D
Oct 4, 2014 1:22 PM
Feb 2014
Tsundereppoi said:
SirJayce said:

bait

no bait at all.
i can only judge rin from this first episode where she seemed like a typical tsundere heroine.
saber was ok, but nothing compared to alexander or gilgamesh.
thats just my opinion of course, just wondering about the hype.
Oct 4, 2014 1:23 PM

Jul 2007
InsertPriestHere said:

Fair point, though I think they wanted to get across that Rin was showing Archer the town.
Ah well, just more to look forward to in the BD.

I am pretty sure, Rin getting him to go there and then them being on the roof and Archer being irritated as fuck conveys that.
Oct 4, 2014 1:23 PM

Apr 2013
*quietly sneaks into the thread past the million priest accounts*

anyway first needs to be said. back when the deen adaptation came out i wanted to watch it people said it was a bad adaptation so i didn't bother. when zero came out it looked awesome and i wanted to watch but didn't get to it and then the ubw series was announced and immediatly people said to watch that first before zero. i have a general idea what fate is about but i am pretty much new to the series. but enough of that

Episode 0:

i always liked the type moon character designs and i think they look great here, the animation was fantastic and so was the soundtrack. incredibly production value.

felt a bit lost when it starts somewhat normal and suddenly she talks about summoning her servant but i assume you are supposed to be a bit lost and not know anything.

i found the episode to have an incredible atmosphere especially when rin did the summoning.

so impressions from the first episode.

Amazing
Oct 4, 2014 1:24 PM

Dec 2013
Nikoka said:
11/10 episode.

http://i.imgur.com/xANyxem.png
Beta never gives up
Never hide, Never be discouraged
Never accept friendzone
Oct 4, 2014 1:24 PM

Jul 2011
SlothPriest said:
Then maybe they just recycled the design or something...

ufotable doesn't gloss over details so this is why I firmly believe it's a reference.
Oct 4, 2014 1:26 PM

Sep 2014
SirJayce said:
Tsundereppoi said:

bait

no bait at all.
i can only judge rin from this first episode where she seemed like a typical tsundere heroine.

Well, you don't see the greatness of King Arturia till FSN, unless you're me who liked her anyway.

OUR KING IS THE GREATEST! If Arturia is King, Rin is queen :3 OUR QUEEN IS ALSO THE GREATEST.
Oct 4, 2014 1:27 PM

Sep 2014
FlawlessBliss said:
Nikoka said:
11/10 episode.

That some peng arrow XD
Oct 4, 2014 1:27 PM

Aug 2009
Nikoka said:
SlothPriest said:
Then maybe they just recycled the design or something...

ufotable doesn't gloss over details so this is why I firmly believe it's a reference.
Well some FZ tv eps say otherwise....
Oct 4, 2014 1:28 PM
Jul 2014
mirakura said:
SirJayce said:

no bait at all.

Well, you don't see the greatness of King Arturia till FSN, unless you're me who liked her anyway.

OUR KING IS THE GREATEST! If Arturia is King, Rin is queen :3 OUR QUEEN IS ALSO THE GREATEST.
Please move your propaganda to the best girl thread.

I'M GONE NOW

Jul 2009
SirJayce said:

Saber had approximately 10 seconds of screen time.
If you're trying to validate your opinion with unfounded comparisons based on 10 seconds of screen time, You're baiting. Now go away.

Nov 2012
Hmm, Rin seems less bitchy than I remember from fate stay night, she's pretty cool, still sad that Sakura still aint getting animated love. Also, the feels for Saber at the end, how do you do a non-Saber ending lol. Anyway, first episode was okay.

Aug 2014
SirJayce said:

no bait at all.

Okay, okay, you made me lol, you can stop now.
xSanox said:

anyway first needs to be said. back when the deen adaptation came out i wanted to watch it people said it was a bad adaptation so i didn't bother. when zero came out it looked awesome and i wanted to watch but didn't get to it and then the ubw series was announced and immediatly people said to watch that first before zero. i have a general idea what fate is about but i am pretty much new to the series. but enough of that

Funnily enough, you might just be the only one here to have actually done that.
Oct 4, 2014 1:29 PM
Jul 2014
FakePriest said:
Nikoka said:

What about this though:
FlawlessBliss said:
[/quote]
I'M GONE NOW
Oct 4, 2014 1:29 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm not and never will be a VN reader so the anime is all I have to go by and to base my judgment on. So far so good. Pretty decent first episode. By having Rin as the protagonist, I'll enjoy this much more than I did Stay Night with Shirou Emiya as the mc. Saber's appearance was pretty impressive too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 4, 2014 1:30 PM

Jun 2009
Good stuff, Rin seems a little more....high strung here than the VN, but maybe that's the effect of it being animated and me getting to actually see her reactions in a much more detailed manner. I don't dislike it though, just saying. Interesting choice to not show that ginger kid's face throughout the episode as well.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 4, 2014 1:30 PM

Jul 2007
xSanox said:

felt a bit lost when it starts somewhat normal and suddenly she talks about summoning her servant but i assume you are supposed to be a bit lost and not know anything.

That's because they cut out her monologue at start that sort-of-explains what she is doing. Which is okay since they explain it again latter.
Oct 4, 2014 1:31 PM

Aug 2014
Marzan said:
I'm not and never will be a VN reader so the anime is all I have to go by and to base my judgment on. So far so good. Pretty decent first episode. By having Rin as the protagonist, I'll enjoy this much more than I did Stay Night with Shirou Emiya as the mc. Saber's appearance was pretty impressive too.

It's understandable, but this mistake sure is getting made a lot, huh?
Shirou is still the main character, it's just that the VN prologue was entirely from Rins POV, and in any case he's a much better character than DEEN's anime makes him out to be.
Oct 4, 2014 1:32 PM

Sep 2014
His name is EMIYA, that blue-haired kid called him that. ;S
Oct 4, 2014 1:33 PM

Oct 2011
When the summoning scene started I raised up to 80% the volume in my phones and almost cried by how awesome it felt, holy jesus, the OST was insanely powerful.

Sep 2014
Tsundereppoi said:
SirJayce said:

If you're trying to validate your opinion with unfounded comparisons based on 10 seconds of screen time, You're baiting. Now go away.

Haha, resistance. Though, I think he was talking about Zero.

Aug 2009
SlothPriest said:
FakePriest said:
What about this though:
FlawlessBliss said:
[/quote]
Not a reference.Ufo/TM always reused designs.
Marzan said:
It has already been said countless times that only this ep, the prologue, will be from Rin's POV, just like in the VN.
Oct 4, 2014 1:34 PM
Feb 2014
Tsundereppoi said:
SirJayce said:

i was obviously talking about f/z saber.
Oct 4, 2014 1:34 PM

Sep 2014
-ZET- said:
When the summoning scene started I raised up to 80% the volume in my phones and almost cried by how awesome it felt, holy jesus, the OST was insanely powerful.

Indeed. The slight hints of EMIYA OST here and there was killing me. Made me really want to listen to it fully DX
Oct 4, 2014 1:35 PM

Jul 2009
Now that is adaptation as expected of Ufotable
and that Point Zero Fate Stay Night version :D
And that epic fight between Archer and Lancer
Oct 4, 2014 1:36 PM

Sep 2014
SirJayce said:
Tsundereppoi said:

i was obviously talking about f/z saber.

FZ Saber is URO!Saber. Takeuchi!Saber is much better. Note to self: Japan's on Saber's side~

Jan 2014
Well, I kinda want Rin to stay as the story teller. She is so good. Her interaction with Archer is well adapted. Shirou, don't disappoint us please.

Jul 2014
OMG OMG OMG OMG
I didn't think this would be able to surpass fate/zero, BUT I SERIOUSLY MIGHT BE FUCKIN MISTAKEN. i really hope they continue to go in this positive direction in the future episode to come
this episode literally had my jumping up and down the entire time; i couldn't fucking lay still!
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
I CANT FUCKING WAIT FOR EPISODE 1!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 2009
Some parts of the soundtrack appearing throughout the escape and fight scene slightly reminded me of this

Oct 4, 2014 1:37 PM

Sep 2014
Kattaro said:

You don't need to spoiler that. Also, it's not working~

Jun 2014
Nice , very nice

Mar 2013
Spot on first episode. Great pacing, godly animation (that fight scene... geeeeeez), and just in general it feels mostly in line with the VN. The calm and normal start in the episode is exactly how it should be. And they spent a decent amount of time with it too. Then the introduction of Archer, then Lancer (love that guy), then Saber... felt as epic as it should.

Nevermind all the hype or whatever, it was simply great. It was a good adapation of the prologue in the VN. Maybe there are some small things that are not perfect, but it's absolutely not enough to say that it isn't a solid adaptation.
HarlequinaOct 4, 2014 1:40 PM
Oct 4, 2014 1:38 PM

Sep 2012
Amazing episode, can't wait for the next ^^
Mar 2014
The episode was good (esp the Archer vs Lancer section), but I liked the original music better then the music from this season.
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)

Jul 2009
mirakura said:
Kattaro said:

You don't need to spoiler that. Also, it's not working~

Fixed, it's working now :D
Pages (25) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Plot Hole (spoilers)

Mescalink - Jul 7, 2023

13 by Azynobitaku »»
Jul 8, 2023 6:48 PM

» Is there a huge flaw or am I missing something?

Barrusu - Apr 19, 2017

8 by Dawizz »»
Jun 30, 2023 9:52 PM

» That fight scene

kotosugu - May 13, 2023

12 by kakashis_sidehoe »»
May 15, 2023 2:16 PM

» What happened to the quality of voice acting?

060steve - Jul 28, 2020

0 by 060steve »»
Jul 28, 2020 1:03 AM

» For those Curious- Difference/extra scene in the director's cut vs. the originalSUB/ dubbed version

StevePen387 - Aug 29, 2015

2 by StevePen387 »»
Dec 4, 2015 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.