Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Nov 1, 2014 3:17 PM

Nov 2013
The bath is just a reference to Kaleid anime, don't think much about it.

But the info that was revealed in it is important.

mickdrew_99 said:
BotatoPriest said:
Why wouldn't she? Is there a rule I missed that she should not be a woman?

Might be mixing up Rider from F/Z with FSN.
Rider?

Wait what are we talking about now? @_@
Nov 1, 2014 3:18 PM

Jun 2009
Okaishi said:

Anyway, I liked the episode, it's one of the calmer moments before shit starts to hit the fan again. I didn't really have issues with pacing or anything of the sort, I thought it was quite well adapted. And not to forget, all that flab. Rin so fat.

Oh, shit you were BloodPriest? Was wondering where you went.

But, yeah, not one of Shirou's smartest decisions.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 1, 2014 3:18 PM

May 2014
Okaishi said:
Praland said:

I have cancer now, she looks even more retarded than before

RIP, good riddance.

Anyway, I liked the episode, it's one of the calmer moments before shit starts to hit the fan again. I didn't really have issues with pacing or anything of the sort, I thought it was quite well adapted. And not to forget, all that flab. Rin so fat.
That line is the dumbest thing Shirou has ever said bar none, it's almost like he wants to get himself killed XD
Nov 1, 2014 3:19 PM

Jul 2013
r0ykun said:
Good episode, seems like a calm before the storm type of episode. Caster coming soon, if someone doesn't mind spoiling for me

Btw, Saber looked beautiful in that outfit.

Caster/Lancer/etc are classes.
There is various different hero for each class.
Nov 1, 2014 3:20 PM

Sep 2013
BotatoPriest said:
The bath is just a reference to Kaleid anime, don't think much about it.

But the info that was revealed in it is important.

mickdrew_99 said:

Might be mixing up Rider from F/Z with FSN.
Rider?

Wait what are we talking about now? @_@

My bad, but the point still stands for Caster being a guy in F/Z
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2014 3:21 PM

Nov 2013
antonn said:
This episode confirms that they're setting this up to be a prequel for Fate/Kaleid.
According to Nasu he will be adding a few anime original scenes for other characters not called Shirou, and Illya is already getting her fair share. I wonder if all of this stuff will have any effect on Kaleid's popularity and/or sales.
Nov 1, 2014 3:22 PM

Sep 2012
r0ykun said:
Good episode, seems like a calm before the storm type of episode. Caster coming soon, if someone doesn't mind spoiling for me

Btw, Saber looked beautiful in that outfit.

After being hitted with the sticky, hot and bright light that came from the king's sword, he realized the error of his ways and used his last remaining magic to go back in time to the moment when he was the happiest, becoming a girl in the process.

Is all explained in the VN.
Nov 1, 2014 3:24 PM

Jul 2010
insan3priest said:
Oh, shit you were BloodPriest? Was wondering where you went.

Haha yeah, but I had enough of being a priest so I reverted back to my old self! For some reason my avatar won't update, though.

WrongPriest said:
]That line is the dumbest thing Shirou has ever said bar none, it's almost like he wants to get himself killed XD

Yeah, and he seems to be completely unaware of how dumb it actually is. He should have been thankful Rin didn't Gandr his ass right there :P
Nov 1, 2014 3:24 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty slow episode. Gets some info on the other servants and some foreshadowing. Though I'm finding Shirou's character more interesting than the original fate stay night.
Nov 1, 2014 3:25 PM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
TiredAlex said:
stuff.

stuff 2.0

But it was covered in episode 2 that the Holy Grail picks it's masters and it was also covered in this episode that there are 7 classes, so logically there are at least 7 masters. With that knowledge, it is pretty clear that anyone in the city can be a master. It's common sense at that point that he shouldn't have done that. :]
Nov 1, 2014 3:26 PM

Sep 2013
Awesome_G said:
I'm finding Shirou's character more interesting than the original fate stay night.

To the extent that he isn't a complete dumbass here, I guess you're right.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2014 3:26 PM

Dec 2011
Overall Nice Episode. Had quite a bit of Moments where I smiled. I really like the slice of life part of Fate,almost as much as the Fight Part.

5/5 from me,also this is really nice:

"Both love and happiness are the same as the air. Even though it fills the world, if you don't understand it, it's the same as if it doesn't exist." -ΛΔ

"Without love, it cannot be seen."

"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. Thats is the secret of life." -Rider (Fate/Zero)

Nov 1, 2014 3:27 PM

Oct 2013
BeatzMe said:
Rinth said:

That scene was necessary to establish Illya's rationale briefly. In Fate route this is described in depth, so that scene kinda substitutes that.

It also has the effect of answering Fate/Zero people's questions.

That's just an excuse for fanservice, tho.

Fan service is only wrong when it fails to serve any purpose other than fan service, AND when it fails to service the fans.

Scenes/designs that both have strong reasons in plot and also offer fan service are exceptionally effective and highly desired in anime.

See Kill la Kill. Hating fan service just because it's fan service is illogical and silly.
Nov 1, 2014 3:32 PM
Oct 2013
Another great episode 5/5 :D

Saber was cute on this epiosde (*´▽`*)
XuanfungNov 1, 2014 3:48 PM
Nov 1, 2014 3:34 PM

Jan 2014
Rinth said:
Fan service is only wrong when it fails to serve any purpose other than fan service, AND when it fails to service the fans.

Scenes/designs that both have strong reasons in plot and also offer fan service are exceptionally effective and highly desired in anime.

See Kill la Kill. Hating fan service just because it's fan service is illogical and silly.

Well, I never said that it was bad, nor did the person you originally quoted.

Point is, it's unnecessary fanservice however you look at it. So if there are people who are bothered by that, no excuse will change that.
TyrelNov 1, 2014 3:50 PM
Nov 1, 2014 3:34 PM

Jul 2013
SnowBound said:
Illya getting more screen time?

You shouldn't post this link here.
Nov 1, 2014 3:41 PM

Sep 2014
BeatzMe said:
Rinth said:

Point is, it's unnecessary fanservice however you look at it. So if there are people who are bothered by that, no excuse will change that.

Taking a bath isn't normal now? The fact that theres steam(which looks more like mist, so therefore adds that effect), and the shadows in the dark part of the castle. It also introduces Sella and Leys. What did you expect her to do? Don't forget, that shot when she entered the water looked quite menacing, and her hair floating in the water, added more effect...
TyrelNov 1, 2014 3:46 PM
The sun is a deadly laser
Nov 1, 2014 3:46 PM

Jan 2014
mirakura said:
Taking a bath isn't normal now? The fact that theres steam(which looks more like mist, so therefore adds that effect), and the shadows in the dark part of the castle. It also introduces Sella and Leys. What did you expect her to do? Don't forget, that shot when she entered the water looked quite menacing, and her hair floating in the water, added more effect...

What does baths being perfectly normal have to do with it being fanservice? So are baths in To Love-Ru also not fanservice?
And yeah, it wasn't really graphic, but so what?

I didn't even say it was bad, my gawd. Just saying that people on here seem far to desperate to really defend EVERY little thing anyone could bring up against Fate/. Although, I also think that many others in here are completely blowing that short scene in particular totally out of proportion.
Nov 1, 2014 3:48 PM

Nov 2013
mirakura said:
BeatzMe said:

THE POINT IS they could have shown and revealed the same thing but instead of a bath it could have been them drinking tea or something.
Nov 1, 2014 3:49 PM

Jan 2014
BotatoPriest said:
mirakura said:

THE POINT IS they could have shown and revealed the same thing but instead of a bath it could have been them drinking tea or something.

Exactly!
Nov 1, 2014 3:52 PM

Apr 2010
Nov 1, 2014 3:56 PM

Jul 2007
BotatoPriest said:
mirakura said:

I can't imagine Illya doing that.

The bath felt cold and impersonal and it fit the nature of the characters.
Nov 1, 2014 3:58 PM

Dec 2007
BeatzMe said:

What does baths being perfectly normal have to do with it being fanservice? So are baths in To Love-Ru also not fanservice?

I didn't even say it was bad, my gawd. Just saying that people on here seem far to desperate to really defend EVERY little thing anyone could bring up against Fate/. Although, I also think that many others in here are completely blowing that short scene in particular totally out of proportion.

There is defiantly a difference between to-love-ru and this, even kaleido-Illya and this. I would say that not all fanservice is created equal, it's just that a VAST majority of fanservice is handled the exact same way in anime. There is defiantly a tasteful way to do it, and that's what they were trying to go for.

And I would defiantly have the same opinion even if this wasn't fate/. I honestly thought it was very good at setting a mood. Now whether or not her doing something else would have the same effect I wouldn't argue against, but I have no problem with the direction they took.
Nov 1, 2014 3:58 PM

May 2014
BeatzMe said:
BotatoPriest said:

Exactly!

The real question is does Illya being in the bath make it better?

The answer is yes.
Nov 1, 2014 3:59 PM

Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:

I'm sure they could have thought of something. I cannot believe all that human imagination could come up with would be a bathing scene.
Nov 1, 2014 4:01 PM

Apr 2010
BeatzMe said:
CookingPriest said:

I'm sure they could have thought of something. I cannot believe all that human imagination could come up with would be a bathing scene.

What about a clothes changing scene? Or a waking up and getting out of bed naked scene?
Nov 1, 2014 4:01 PM

Jul 2007
BeatzMe said:
CookingPriest said:

Because its the most intimate possible scene. And there's no intimacy in it. Which is kind of the point.

It was not even fanservicey since nothing was shown nor teased.
Nov 1, 2014 4:02 PM

Nov 2013
WrongPriest said:
BeatzMe said:

Exactly!

The real question is does Illya being in the bath make it better?

The answer is yes.
Tbh no..
I have enough loli/Illya-service in Kaleid..

But at the same time it's not something I would hold against this series or the producers.

Not yet at least.
Nov 1, 2014 4:03 PM

May 2014
antonn said:
Leaving of gifts.

Looks like halfway between Shiki and the clairvoyant girl with the dog from Mirai fukuin.
Nov 1, 2014 4:05 PM

Jan 2014
Ketuekigami said:
BeatzMe said:

There is defiantly a difference between to-love-ru and this, even kaleido-Illya and this. I would say that not all fanservice is created equal, it's just that a VAST majority of fanservice is handled the exact same way in anime. There is defiantly a tasteful way to do it, and that's what they were trying to go for.

And I would defiantly have the same opinion even if this wasn't fate/. I honestly thought it was very good at setting a mood. Now whether or not her doing something else would have the same effect I wouldn't argue against, but I have no problem with the direction they took.

My TLR-'comparison' was only in response to his 'Taking a bath isn't normal now?', which is hardly an argument against it being fanservice. I'm more than aware that an actual comparison would be quite improper.

Well, for the rest, I mostly agree as can be seen from my posts. Or so I'd think
Nov 1, 2014 4:06 PM

Nov 2012
Mitsuzuri is such a great character. I wished she had her own Fate/ spinoff.
Nov 1, 2014 4:08 PM

Sep 2014
BeatzMe said:
BotatoPriest said:

Exactly!

Hmm, I got your point far before. But, tea --> Fate/Stay Kitchen XD
Jks aside, the setting in the bath scene was good. I wouldn't expect that type of setting when they're drinking tea, tho....Unless you would like to suggest an idea......................................
Nov 1, 2014 4:08 PM

Jan 2014
antonn said:
BeatzMe said:

What about a clothes changing scene? Or a waking up and getting out of bed naked scene?

That's the sort of creativity I was hoping for. Thank you.
Nov 1, 2014 4:13 PM

Sep 2014
BeatzMe said:
antonn said:

Clothes changing - no, wouldn't give as good an effect or power
Waking up - I don't think Ilya would wake up and start randomly talking about
Berserker's powers, that's just dum, even for the Nasuverse....

Lol, you don't EVEN WANT TO KNOW what Ilya does in her spare time XD, and how that'll put as much impact.
Nov 1, 2014 4:14 PM

Jan 2014
mirakura said:
BeatzMe said:

Waking up - I don't think Ilya would wake up and start randomly talking about Berserker's powers, that's just dum, even for the Nasuverse....

Were you like... taking my reply there seriously?
Nov 1, 2014 4:16 PM

Sep 2014
BeatzMe said:
mirakura said:

Waking up - I don't think Ilya would wake up and start randomly talking about Berserker's powers, that's just dum, even for the Nasuverse....

I replied, but.....................since when did I take ANYTHING seriously?
I am being serious her *insertNekoArcfacehere*
Nov 1, 2014 4:20 PM

Jan 2014
mirakura said:
BeatzMe said:

Good point. What about taking everything Saber seriously, tho?
Nov 1, 2014 4:23 PM

Jul 2013
OK episode. Surprisingly, one of the things I liked the most about it was Saber being a moe blob (not even being sarcastic here). Knowing the kind of stuff she's been through, it was cute seeing her happy, even if I think she's supposed to be more stoic faced rather than all smiles, but oh well.

Other highlights for me include the Ayako/Shirou scene with his PTSD kicking in (that face of his, Emiya "I've seen some shit" Shirou), Rin going red devil modo at Shirou and then later destroying some skeleton butt, and Shirou's new selection of clothing as well as Saber's coat (that I'm guessing she also got from Rin).

And I'll pass on this whole issue with the Illya scene, since I personally had no problems with it.
UBW is basically a route about three tsunderes constantly bashing their heads against one another.
Nov 1, 2014 4:27 PM

May 2014
Noruhma said:

And I'll pass on this whole issue with the Illya scene, since I personally had no problems with it.

Fix'd
Just thought I'd make it bigger and remove the strike-through. And then bolded it.

Your welcome.
Nov 1, 2014 4:29 PM

Sep 2014
WrongPriest said:
BeatzMe said:

Exactly!

I like how it gives the series a slightly more mature tone. The scene looks totally natural, so I don't see why anyone would complain about it. In fact, I think they nailed it in that scene because it looks very intimate, which changes the atmosphere significantly and makes it more impactful. It was also an interesting way to show her life style indirectly.

I don't see any reason to believe the scene was there for fan service, unlike Rin shaking her butt on all fours.
FlamepriesTNov 1, 2014 4:33 PM
Nov 1, 2014 4:31 PM

Aug 2009
It seems that lately even showing a naked char from afar,with shadows,steam,mist,hair and water covering everything, without showing anything, is a huge deal and must be criticized and discussed to death for pages.
I wonder what people would say about the GitS movie if it aired now.

People pay more attention to that (and some are just baiting Priests so that they can run to other threads and cry about how we "attack" them later)instead of the characters,like Shirou and his ptsd,Saber and her relationship with him so far(especially those that watched FZ) and the contrast between Shiro, who continues to have a normal life(let's not discuss how abnormal he is), and Rin who takes her participation seriously,knows what is happening and is ALREADY fighting.
Nov 1, 2014 4:33 PM

Sep 2014
BeatzMe said:
mirakura said:

Good point. What about taking everything Saber seriously, tho?

I said 'anything', Saber's name isn't 'anything', silly :P

Noruhma said:
OK episode. Surprisingly, one of the things I liked the most about it was Saber being a moe blob (not even being sarcastic here). Knowing the kind of stuff she's been through, it was cute seeing her happy, even if I think she's supposed to be more stoic faced rather than all smiles, but oh well.

Other highlights for me include the Ayako/Shirou scene with his PTSD kicking in (that face of his, Emiya "I've seen some shit" Shirou), Rin going red devil modo at Shirou and then later destroying some skeleton butt, and Shirou's new selection of clothing as well as Saber's coat (that I'm guessing she also got from Rin).

Drown in Seiba's moe and ....GO TO Seibaland!
Nov 1, 2014 4:33 PM

Jun 2009
FlameseeK said:

I don't see any reason to believe the scene was there for fan service, unlike Rin shaking her butt on all fours.

Yeah, if you want to talk about "unnatural", then that scene was much more guilty of it.

FakePriest said:

People pay more attention to that (and some are just baiting Priests so that they can run to other threads and cry about how we "attack" them later)instead of the characters,like Shirou and his ptsd,Saber and her relationship with him so far(especially those that watched FZ) and the contrast between Shiro, who continues to have a normal life(let's not discuss how abnormal he is), and Rin who takes her participation seriously,knows what is happening and is ALREADY fighting.

But, yeah, this. I do find the contrast between how Shirou and Rin are handling the war at this point to be pretty interesting. Well, Rin has been spending a good 10 years preparing for this moment whereas Shirou is just now hit with it. So, I guess he's having trouble "immediately" adjusting.

It's hard to talk about the Saber/Shirou relationship and it's "differences" to how things went in Zero without delving into spoilers though.
Ston3_FreeN7Nov 1, 2014 4:37 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 1, 2014 4:37 PM

May 2009
FakePriest said:
It seems that lately even showing a naked char from afar,with shadows,steam,mist,hair and water covering everything, without showing anything, is a huge deal and must be criticized and discussed to death for pages.
It can't be helped, fanservice is serious business. We can't have loli service in a mature show like Fate/stay night.
Nov 1, 2014 4:38 PM

Jun 2014
mirakura said:

I kinda like the moe blob thing. Just makes the fact that she later

Nov 1, 2014 4:39 PM

Sep 2014
stAtic91 said:
FakePriest said:
It can't be helped, fanservice is serious business. We can't have loli service in a mature show like Fate/stay night.

Oh, god, the reactions from the Caster scene will be monumental.

ramenshojo said:
mirakura said:

I kinda like the moe blob thing. Just makes the fact that she later

I think we're gonna get along juuuust fine~*Archerapeface*
Nov 1, 2014 4:42 PM
Jul 2014
Saber has shown so much facial expressions in one episode of FS/N compared to her appearances in Fate/Zero! :D
Nov 1, 2014 4:44 PM

Sep 2014
vrist said:
Saber has shown so much facial expressions in one episode compared to her appearances in Fate/Zero! :D

If only my browser wasn't fucking up, I would post ALL of them~
Lucky Praland, you have been spared~
Nov 1, 2014 4:45 PM

Aug 2009
insan3priest said:
FlameseeK said:

Yeah, if you want to talk about "unnatural", then that scene was much more guilty of it.

FakePriest said:

But, yeah, this. I do find the contrast between how Shirou and Rin are handling the war at this point to be pretty interesting. Well, Rin has been spending a good 10 years preparing for this moment whereas Shirou is just now hit with it. So, I guess he's having trouble "immediately" adjusting.

It's hard to talk about the Saber/Shirou relationship and it's "differences" to how things went in Zero without delving into spoilers though.

I dont mind silly posts about how he takes his time to adjust.They would be a lot better than talking about something that isnt a huge deal not inFSN but in anime in general.It's like people have gained an instant reaction to anything having to do with the exposed body of a girl that CANT BE SEEN.

They can say stuff like " wow this time her Master treats her well" or something without spoiling.

Hell they can even talk about how Shirou has some muscle unlike most "I suddenly ended up in this fantasy setting" MCs.
Nov 1, 2014 4:50 PM

Jun 2009
Shirou is built as fuck, though. I mean, god damn.

- Geralt of Rivia
Pages (16) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by oilapqoi »»
May 15, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.