Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2013 9:38 AM

Dec 2012
I don't usually like the comedy in this show but damn that beginning part had me going XD
Oct 26, 2013 10:14 AM

Apr 2012
I guess, it's okay to come to school half-naked, but pyjamas are totally unexcusable!

I seriously doubted this series until this episode, because of all the cheap fan service, but now I've changed my mind. This episode was so full of awesome, that it was over way too early.
Oct 26, 2013 10:38 AM

Apr 2013
LMAO all those traps are way too much for a normal human to survive :S

The uniform delivery service failed three times.
Oct 26, 2013 11:49 AM

Feb 2011
Incredibly insane episode, keep on pushing the boundaries of sanity and rationality Kill la Kill, I'll be looking forward to the next bout of madness!
Oct 26, 2013 12:41 PM

Apr 2013
Pffffffft that nosebleed gag. Got me every single time hahah.
Oct 26, 2013 12:50 PM

Jan 2011
Wow, this was the best episode yet, I was laughing my ass off.
Somehow some of the fan service made me rofl instead of facepalming myself.
Could use some less stupid transformation scenes but whatever.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 26, 2013 1:28 PM

Jul 2013
Not really a fan of the character designs and animation, but it was ok, kinda enjoyed some of it.
Oct 26, 2013 3:47 PM

Feb 2013
dat plot twist.
Oct 26, 2013 6:53 PM

Feb 2013
"I forgot to panic."

I don't care that this was a filler episode... that.. was... awesome!

So how did the other students get to class on time? Were they not no-stars?
Oct 26, 2013 7:00 PM
Oct 2012
BurntJelly said:
I don't care that this was a filler episode... that.. was... awesome!

This wasn't a fliler episode, its a transitional episode, but otherwise you are correct, it was awesome.

There was an easier path for the no-stars, because in the end they need they no stars to keep attendance numbers up, but for the MC the only path is the path of thorns. Since we are following the MC, that is the only path we saw, but that doesn't mean that is the only path.
Oct 26, 2013 8:34 PM
Jan 2008
The preview makes me anxious. I usually don't mind needles...when there's only one of them.
Oct 26, 2013 11:13 PM

Nov 2012
Of course Trigger names episode 5 "Trigger"
Oct 27, 2013 4:50 AM

Sep 2013
damn! it is so fuuuuuny! xD
Oct 27, 2013 4:53 AM

Nov 2011
Honestly, the best part of this episode was the preview for the next episode.

...well, that and Mako manning a machine gun. Makes me wish for her to die slightly less.
Oct 27, 2013 5:32 AM
Oct 2011
They overdid it too much this episode, but it was still fun in Brain: Off mode.
Oct 27, 2013 7:00 AM

May 2011
Best episode so far, I've enjoyed it thoroughly.
Oct 27, 2013 11:43 AM

Aug 2012
I lol'd at each one of those hallelujah panties scenes XD totally hilarious, oh god this episode was pure genius

LMAO that's awesome

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Oct 27, 2013 11:49 AM

Feb 2010
this was by far the most funny episode of this anime. I really love this, can't wait for next :)
Oct 27, 2013 12:20 PM
Jun 2009
That episode was terrible... I'm almost dropping it, but the preview of the next episode gives some hope of a better episode... though I'm now really doubting it...

I loved TTGL, but this is more akin Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt which I dropped from the first episode. Honoo Tenkousei aparently was better too.
Oct 27, 2013 3:46 PM

Apr 2010
I love the humour in Kill la Kill, it makes episodes very interesting.
This was my favorite episode so far, full of twists and jokes.
Oct 27, 2013 4:21 PM

Aug 2012
Fucking hilarious episode. If my school was like this, i would never be late.
Oct 27, 2013 8:34 PM

Aug 2013
Anybody who says that the animation/art in this episode was is missing the point.

It's a comedy/filler episode. It's not supposed to have incredibly detailed art. They went for a cartoony and simplistic art style to save on money, but it doesn't look THAT bad. It fits for the episode.

As for the episode--filler, yes, but there was so much energy and fun behind everything that I can forgive it. This show is FUN and I have a blast everytime I watch it.
Oct 27, 2013 10:18 PM

Dec 2009
Frostav said:
Anybody who says that the animation/art in this episode was is missing the point.

It's a comedy/filler episode. It's not supposed to have incredibly detailed art. They went for a cartoony and simplistic art style to save on money, but it doesn't look THAT bad. It fits for the episode.

As for the episode--filler, yes, but there was so much energy and fun behind everything that I can forgive it. This show is FUN and I have a blast everytime I watch it.

I agree, it doesn't take itself too seriously and provides entertainment.

For a filler episode I was still having a good time, though now I guess it's pretty much a lock that it will be a 23+ episode series so we'll see if there's any TTGL-esque qualities with the story very early in that change the whole atmopshere of KLK
Oct 27, 2013 10:20 PM

Oct 2013
People considering dropping or dropping a show over an episode that was clearly a breather and not intended to be taken seriously - Priceless.
Railroad switch
Oct 27, 2013 11:46 PM

May 2012
Didn't really enjoy this episode at all.

The last part was pretty funny at least lol.
Oct 28, 2013 6:23 AM
Sep 2009
Spanch Bob better than this.
Oct 28, 2013 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

I do not know what's so epic in this anime! D:
Only thing I noticed was the comedy and animation, the rest just so much noise, but a gripping storyline, when they want to give? In short, I give a low rating because I do not think you deserve an anime just because who knows what else he speaks well, to me it is not like that, but it has nothing to brag about!

However, daring the arrival at school, nothing but boring day of school! XD
Oct 28, 2013 8:12 AM

Jul 2012
Oct 28, 2013 8:22 AM

Oct 2013
I love how much this show just screams "We are making it because we can!!". Too good.
Oct 28, 2013 11:50 AM

Mar 2013
Hahaha, that cable car finish, amazing! :D
Oct 28, 2013 1:28 PM

Nov 2009
Frostav said:

Just because you "noticed" the point behind the episode doesn't justify its terrible animation. Yes, they are saving on money and yes as a result the animation was terrible. Does that mean we just have to accept the fact they are making a filler episode?

In fact, if you say we should accept this, then you should also accept the fact that the sole purpose of the existence of this episode was to DRAG out the series so that they could air longer. No anime has ever benefitted from this and neither has Kill la Kill.
Oct 28, 2013 2:25 PM

Jul 2010
This was definitely the worst out of 4 episodes. It felt totally like filler. Yet, it was enjoyable and I'm just loving the OST in this. Hoping for a better episode next time.
Oct 28, 2013 3:05 PM

Jun 2012
Really good episode xD

LOL how did all of her classmates make it? xD

Oct 28, 2013 6:05 PM

Dec 2012
This episode was SHIT

I think I got a couple laughs, but that doesn't gloss over the fact that I felt like I was watching something animated in powerpoint

Honestly this anime is at it's best when comedic and fanservice moments are inserted throughout its fairly serious main plot. This is episodic gone horribly wrong
Oct 28, 2013 8:54 PM

Sep 2007
This was fucking terrible. Lack of budget was just too apparent here.
Oct 28, 2013 8:57 PM

Sep 2012
Some fans in Japan even spotted Pulp Fiction reference in this episode. Amazing.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 28, 2013 10:49 PM

Jun 2012
You guys are all missing the point. Even if the animation was cheap it fits the zany style of the episode and didn't really distract from the entertainment. If you're nitpicking an action/comedy that uses a less modern animation style about it's animation then maybe this isn't for you.
Oct 28, 2013 11:13 PM

Feb 2011
Ahahaha xD Damn this is a funny episode i admit i was laughing while watching it lol
srwgfanOct 28, 2013 11:17 PM
Oct 29, 2013 2:43 AM
Oct 2013
Mankanshoku family is disgusting as usual (this part and those fanservice scenes are painful to watch). I don't get the funny part from this episode either.

If it's not because of the hype, I'd surely have dropped this anime.
Oct 29, 2013 2:58 AM

Oct 2013
Why would you watch a show that you obviously don't get just because of the hype? I really don't understand that.

Self imposed torture because lots of people are talking about it. Sounds clever to me.
Railroad switch
Oct 29, 2013 6:16 AM

Apr 2009
Wasabi said:

This ep may have lacked a big budget, but it was filled with heart. A fair tradeoff if you ask me, after all what's the point of having a huge budget if it's just given to lifeless, generic characters? Plus it was just goddamn funny, it's not like you'd complain that south park, simpsons etc are fucking terrible because they dont have super fluid animation would you?
Oct 29, 2013 9:55 AM
Oct 2011
Wasabi said:
Last episode did show a good budget though. You should seriously stop taking this seriously, 'cause from the way I saw it, this episode was meant to be like that. Just like Inferno Cop was.
Oct 29, 2013 10:56 AM
Jul 2013
It was an episode to fill, that's what I noticed.
Oct 29, 2013 8:25 PM

Jun 2012
Damn, I personally liked this better than the other episodes, just for the randomness. Dat randomness was way better this episode... it had an Abenobashi kind of random. I would still like to see a little more plot, or some kind of progress... but hey, I'm just glad it wasn't another episode about fighting club leaders.

JustLurking said:
Why would you watch a show that you obviously don't get just because of the hype? I really don't understand that.

Self imposed torture because lots of people are talking about it. Sounds clever to me.
Eh, because even if it's not your thing... it's nice to change things up sometimes. Also, some people may want to like/understand it, if only to know why you don't get it and everyone else does. Or maybe they expect it'll get better, or more to their tastes. Some people do it to laugh at how bad it is, or kill some time.

If everything matched one's preferences, everything would seem petty because it's all the same. It's the same reason you watch something you wouldn't rate a 10, why waste your time on something that's not perfect in your eyes?
HalibelTheEspadaOct 29, 2013 8:28 PM
Oct 29, 2013 8:33 PM

Oct 2013
HalibelTheEspada said:
Eh, because even if it's not your thing... it's nice to change things up sometimes. Also, some people may want to like/understand it, if only to know why you don't get it and everyone else does. Or maybe they expect it'll get better, or more to their tastes. Some people do it to laugh at how bad it is, or kill some time.

If everything matched one's preferences, everything would seem petty because it's all the same. It's the same reason you watch something you wouldn't rate a 10, why waste your time on something that's not perfect in your eyes?

No, I understand all of that. But I was responding to the guy who said he specifically WOULD have dropped it if it didn't have all the hype. That was the ONLY reason he HAD NOT dropped it.

What you described is what people who don't go around randomly hating things because they get that some things just don't fit their bill but they might watch it anyway.
Railroad switch
Oct 29, 2013 8:38 PM

Jun 2012
JustLurking said:
No, I understand all of that. But I was responding to the guy who said he specifically WOULD have dropped it if it didn't have all the hype. That was the ONLY reason he HAD NOT dropped it.

What you described is what people who don't go around randomly hating things because they get that some things just don't fit their bill but they might watch it anyway.
Oh, my bad, I just kinda skimmed the recent posts... didn't even notice what the guy above you said. :/
I suppose that is kind of a dumb reason, especially when you've already decided to hate it. But it could possibly be like the "trying to understand the hype" but failing reason I mentioned.
HalibelTheEspadaOct 29, 2013 8:43 PM
Oct 29, 2013 8:53 PM

Oct 2013
It's entirely possible, but I tend not to give credit unless it's due. If it were anything less hyped he would have already dropped it. That doesn't really make sense to me.

And I'm the kind of person who will give a show a chance until it becomes painfully clear that I'm just not who this is aimed at in any way shape or form. Although the only things that are actually bad enough to watch for being hilariously bad tends to be reality tv for me.
Railroad switch
Oct 29, 2013 9:04 PM
Oct 2013
JustLurking said:

With the popularity it gets, I'm expecting that this anime might turns out pretty awesome or something. And I'm patiently waiting for the awesome outcome. It's not self torturing, I'm just being lenient giving it a chance rather than judge it from the very start. Since my preference and early impression aren't the only things decide if an anime is good or not.

What's wrong with that?
Oct 30, 2013 2:44 AM

Dec 2012
What is it with trigger and episode 4?!

I did not enjoy this low budget filler episode at all. 2/5.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

957 by L0veL4in »»
May 22, 5:26 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

393 by hopeforbetterai »»
Apr 30, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Feb 27, 2014

407 by DRUG_Deleted911 »»
Apr 13, 11:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.