Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 18, 2015 7:42 PM

Jun 2014
wow this was actually a really good movie. A lot of new really good points were brought up that werent in the main tv series. Id even rate this a point higher than the tv series.
Mar 3, 2016 3:01 PM

Dec 2012
And I said after the first movie "this was the calm before the storm" only to watch another 90 minutes of calm. Certainly not what I expected with how things were moving. It wasn't bad, I liked it in many respects. However, it certainly left more to be desired. It's hard to say right away, but it felt like there was too much of a focus on the whole prime minister/illegitimate son subplot. Especially when it gets brushed off at the end as "Ah sorry, I just did that to get your attention!" I'm also still very much confused by who Akira's father really is. Maybe his mom was just having an affair with the PM but it wasn't him who got her pregnant.

"You want to lick my lolipop?" Oh boy, guess that guy is going to get his shower request, just not the people he was hoping for. Mr. Angst-&-Vengeance comes in with the gun and Mononobe gave him absolutely 0 fucks. It's actually very anticlimactic, I was hoping there would have been more cunning and craft involved in his quest for revenge. Hell this whole thriller cell phone game felt fairly watered down once all was said and done.

I do like this emphasis on the generation gap even if it came off as heavy handed at times. Rather than advocate for the NEET lifestyle, it shows how the actions of one generation can affect the other. It's not to pin all of the responsibility on the previous gen, but it's far too narrow minded to say that they didn't have a hand in the next one's development. I'm sure being more familiar with current events in Japan would have helped drive this theme further home.

The way in which the government slowly sidelined the NEETs reminded me all too well of bitter reality. It's something I often noticed after camps/retreats I'd go to in school. You get a bunch of kids pouring their hearts out to each other in front of a fire at night, everyone gets home ecstatic and overflowing with love and joy for each other. Then weeks pass and it's like there's an even greater wall than before. Ah but back to the NEETs, at least Akira's actions helped them get back up on their feet and start to make strides forward.

Slipper to the faaace! That ending with Akira in the cab does feel like a moment where the new and old generation can see eye to eye. There's certainly a load of questions racing through my mind about Outside's memory loss among other things, but I don't mind if some of them remain unanswered. I am disappointed, however, that the post-credits wasn't dedicated to Saki and Akira reuniting.

And something has been bothering me since the start. I don't mind CGI when it's used right. For the most part this series and its movie counterparts manage to do that. But those CGI crowds are so ugly Ugly ugly UGLY. Fake rubber people.

Well anyway, this has been quite the adventure. The movies were good but ultimately the TV series was Higashi no Eden's peak.

TV Series: 8/10
Movie 1: 7/10
Movie 2: 7.5/10
May 26, 2016 8:36 AM

Mar 2016
Why did he leave her AGAIN? i don't like the ending (凸ಠ益ಠ)凸
....the series was 10/10 this shit is 7/10 i guess <( ̄ ﹌  ̄)?>
Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub
Jun 14, 2016 11:22 AM
Apr 2015
ending with a cliffhanger was annoying
Jul 1, 2016 8:46 AM

Jun 2011
I guess most of us share the same sentiment, that this movie was atrocious or didn't live up to the hype the series created. This movie almost ruined the entire franchise if it weren't for the final 10 minutes of the movie. This entire movie is filled with tons of inconsistencies, and the characters are as generic as they come, unlike the first 5 or so episodes of the series, they were really unique at the beginning.

I love this ship, Akira x Saki all day, but deleting Akira's memory didn't help with the chemistry he has/had with Saki.. It's just weird, and unbelievable for Akira to fall in love with Saki again and again so soon after he just met her, the magic just disappears when you overuse it.

I would want a sequel just to have this series end properly with Akira and Saki becoming a thing, and cover up all the holes this series/movie started, especially the issue with Akira's mom.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 2, 2016 8:44 PM

Jun 2016
Extremely disappointing ending, he says he definitely returns then ditches her.
Mar 12, 2017 1:44 PM

Jul 2014
This will suck for those romance loving people, I mean really? he says he'll definitely return and ditches her? wtf mate?
Mar 29, 2017 12:48 PM

Mar 2017
WHAT THE FKCING FK IS THAT ENDING.
THIS IS MAKING ME SO ANGRY AND SAD WTF

YOU DON'T KNOW HOW M UCH IM SUFFERING RIGHT NOWWWWW

I FEEL SO SAD FOR SAKI. AFTER ALL THE TIME SHE SPENT LOOKING FOR TAKIZAWA... SHE HAD TO LOSE HIM YET AGAIN!! WHY WHY
WHYYYYYYY

HE BETTER FULFILL THAT PROMISEEE
THE KISS WASN'T ENOUGH
IT DIDN'T MADE ME FEEL SATISFIED AND RELIEVED THAT TAKIZAWA ALSO FEELS THE SAME FOR SAKI

:'(

EVEN THOUGH I HATE THE ENDING
TAKE MY 10/10 RATING *cries

[size= 500] CRIES VIOLENTLY [/size]
my heart hurts so m uch

lilypippili said:
THIS MAKES ME SO ANGRY THE ROMANCE WAS SO UNSATISFYING WHERE'S MY SAKI X AKIRA HAPPY END ARGHGHGHGHGH

It was still enjoyable though... Fuck you Higashi no Eden, take my stupid 9/10

IKR IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY TOO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

IWANNA CRY

I FEEL SO DISAPPOINTEDDDDDDDD
IM SO ANGRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

eulsMar 29, 2017 12:53 PM

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jun 14, 2017 5:56 PM

Dec 2014
I really started to like the story but like everyone else seems to say, it seemed like the story got kinda bland towards the end.

Tbh, I feel as though the main reason i kept watching was because of the art. Production I.G had great attention to detail and it made every scene worth watching.

I liked it, just felt like they could have done alot more with the unique storyline.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Aug 6, 2017 6:15 AM

Dec 2015
Well that was disappointing, I expected a better ending to this whole Celesao thing. 3/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 3, 2017 12:44 PM
Jul 2018
wow this ended pretty nicely. this is how you make a romance anime, one that doesn't affect the plot. i liked this
Feb 21, 2018 10:20 PM

Feb 2015
For me is a slow peaced movie, following the facts showed in the last movie, this is the final resolution, a kind of political conflict.

The characters objectives are confusing, and is only focused in two guys at the end.
Aug 26, 2018 6:26 AM
Jun 2011
I feel very empty after watching the series. I agree that regardless of what effort someone make, it will only result too little compared to the whole.

I believe that in the end, Akira chose making the country better than being with Saki.
Nov 5, 2018 7:03 PM

May 2013
Ahhhhh, I've watched this entire series + 2 movies several times now, each time with a year or so's break in between. And every time I find myself screaming into my pillow that Aki and Takizawa didn't end up together. Turns out their whole ordeal was only 11 days? Just an 11 day fling in Aki's life? Ahhhhh I can't! It hurts my heart T_T
Please I need a sequel, I don't care if there's no content at all, except them reuniting and settling down together. I need my happy ending D:
落下のように、いつも落ちる。いつか救われることができるのかな? または落ち続けるでしょうか?永遠に
Jan 30, 2019 2:14 PM
Apr 2016
Damn so the last thing he wanted to do was hit Mr. Outside xD I was feeling depressing when Saki said "That was the last time we saw him" but luckily he's there, and he probably returned later, so all good! Well, the first part of the anime was better than the two movies, that's for sure, the two movies are like some action shooter movies, while the anime is really mysterious and intriguing. Well, cool watch though.
May 26, 2019 5:27 AM

Mar 2019
hmpf, again he left -.- it's a shame, would've been a great ending with both of them together

well, at leas she's not together with that dipshit Osugi
Jun 16, 2019 3:05 AM

Sep 2012
2ego said:
Damn so the last thing he wanted to do was hit Mr. Outside xD I was feeling depressing when Saki said "That was the last time we saw him" but luckily he's there, and he probably returned later, so all good! Well, the first part of the anime was better than the two movies, that's for sure, the two movies are like some action shooter movies, while the anime is really mysterious and intriguing. Well, cool watch though.

The ending is obviously meant to be up to your imagination but I don't understand why you guys all think so negatively. She says it was the last time they saw him but only half a year has passed. That's like around the same amount of time when he vanished at the start of the first movie. They promised each other that they'll meet again, so just believe in that. There's no reason to believe that they'll never see each other again.
Aug 19, 2019 7:35 PM

Feb 2014
So the series concludes with the whole game restarting the players memories eh. Takizawa finally fulfilled his wish to bump Mr. Outside. Every player got what they deserved to in a karma way. Finally the story ends on a good note.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 27, 2019 4:34 PM

Aug 2008
FlamingMangos said:
2ego said:

The ending is obviously meant to be up to your imagination but I don't understand why you guys all think so negatively. She says it was the last time they saw him but only half a year has passed. That's like around the same amount of time when he vanished at the start of the first movie. They promised each other that they'll meet again, so just believe in that. There's no reason to believe that they'll never see each other again.

The last line is a voiceover of Saki saying that this was her 11 days with him. Sounds to me like that is all it will ever be. Either way, Takizawa promising he'll be back after doing "one thing" and then it ending with him not coming back is simply irritating. The whole film was anticlimatic anyway. After this grand mystery, this game of improving Japan and it ends with a whimper. Disappointing.
Apr 29, 2020 8:44 PM
Mar 2016
Even worse than the last movie. Not a single thing made sense. Every action taken was completely pointless.

His grand gesture at the end somehow partially worked. I don't see how you would incentavize the rich and powerful to give up everything would even work without governmental and global pressure. Not do I see how the entire country wouldn't crash and burn immediately with no experienced people to take their place and help change direction.

This series got steadily worse from when they tried to redeem #11. It would have been much more interesting if she just killed anyone she saw as hurting/pestering women. They use a magic trick to retcon everything, and then for some reason she decides not to kill criminals anymore?

This show makes no sense, and they didn't capitalize on a single element they had. They squandered everything and wasted money making two movies where essentially nothing happens, each one resetting the plot. I can't figure out why people like these two movies. The romance, intrigue, revenge, and survival motifs were all unfulfilling. The political discussions and the secret organization aspects were thrown away as plot devices immediately without a fight. We didn't even get to see all the Selecao and learn their visions for the future.

I hope someone remakes the series one day and changes it for the better. This had so much more promise in the beginning.
Sep 4, 2020 5:07 PM

Dec 2015
If I have to endure another shitty shoujo/jousei female lead like Saki in another series/movie I am killing myself. Only someone that archetypally stupid would go after some arsehole like Takizawa. Still waiting for the "Aha!" moment delivery. The only thing remotely redeemable is the insight into Japanese history and society (Takizawa's hot take is crap tho), which can be applied to many other countries. I'm writing this in 2020, hopefully they will never dig this out from 6 feet under and try to practice some necromancy in the shape of a 2nd season or 3rd movie (my 2 remaining braincells after watching all this would implode if they had to endure one of the worst romances in anime history for 1 more minute). Also, trying to review the series as a separate thing from the movies is just as retarded as this whole thing can get.
Dec 7, 2020 12:31 AM
Apr 2020
I don't know about this ending.. Almost 50% of all of this doesn't make any sense. This 3rd movie made it more confusing than the series and the 1st movie. It had an ending but it feels too rushed. Like, they inserted everything in this last movie...

With that ending, I guess they are trying to say " I leave it up to you " to arrive to the satisfying ending that we wanted. . . I leave this with a 8/10 overall rate.
Feb 7, 2021 4:44 PM

Aug 2017
Disliked this from start of season one to finish. Girl didn't even end up with boy. Story made no sense. Waste of time.
Jul 17, 2021 5:24 PM

Dec 2020
I REALLY enjoyed the show, but as many had said, the films just didn't live up to it. The romance was incredibly poor, the game made no sense in the end (to me!)and Takizawa just disappears again, as if wiping his memory a second time wasn't shitty enough.

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda annoyed. Goddamn it why ruin it like thiiiis?
Aug 4, 2021 6:22 AM
Apr 2021
honestly, watching the entire series in a row the films just felt like extended episodes. The plot really fell apart as time went on.
But most egregiously these "movies" aren't even comprehensible unless you've seen the previous stuff. This is like the Demon Slayer movie, but even worse because they don't ever take the time to reintroduce the characters or story.

What made the original series so good was the sense of mystery and danger. As we found out more and the mystery subsided somewhat, the danger was increased as we discovered the stakes. And so when we got to the end and Mr. Outside says "everyone is a winner" it really felt like they copped out of the more interesting ending. For one, number I and number X both kill each other. And for two, the other surviving Seleciao contribute nothing after the end of the first movie.

It's almost as if this series was trying to deescalate the tension as it went on. I respected the TV series for avoiding action scenes and trying to keep it a lot more subdued, but at the end of this I don't feel like it was justified. The romance wasn't developed enough, the stakes and tension started high and then dropped depressingly low. There really was no meaningful character development, only plot.

Despite this, it was still enjoyable watching it unfold. I feel like both movies could have been condensed into a far more interesting singular movie.
Aug 19, 2021 11:45 AM

Dec 2018
"okay plan complete thanks for all the help with my plans, but now you're old and dusty and my plan is the hot newness so cya suckers"

what an asshole, what a shit ending
could have used an OVA or something to clarify or smooth it out
Aug 26, 2021 9:00 AM

May 2020
Well that was disappointing. Akira and Saki's relationship isn't much but it was the only thing worth watching and they didn't even get that right.

At least we got another kiss, which is a lot more than some other Japanese romances.
Mar 27, 2022 5:13 PM
Mar 2019
Lost the plot in the prequel, so had no chance with this.
Glad it did not end in Romance, but maybe that would have made this better.
All over the place as i could not remember any of the characters.
Did people really want these films???
Feb 2, 2023 10:03 PM

Mar 2012
Oddly, the whole series feels like a Hosoda story. Young people being discriminated against by older folks/society, and the reliance on borderline sci-fi internet technology, but without the scientific part (because the show never explained how Juiz or Eden work, they just.... work).

A lot didn't make sense, like how did he end up naked in front of White House in ep 1? Just wiping his memories doesn't explain that at all. They made a big deal out of "who's the Supporter?" but never explained who. For a highly sophisticated technology, why is Juiz physically segregated in a tanker and not some AI in the cloud. Like why even allow them to be destructible, since Saizo was obviously trying to protect it (as opposed being laissez-faire towards them).

And then there is the game. The whole time I thought Takizawa was trying to win the game (to survive, genuinely wants to improve Japan, or whatever), but in the end, everyone wins anyway, including the guy under tax investigation. No one dies (yeah yeah except that guy early on, implied death anyway, and the missile downing an airplane, does anyone even remember that incident?). And improving Japan ended up being "livestream to everyone in Japan and give everyone a penny". Talk about anticlimatic.

Fundamentally, I could not understand what it was trying to convey. Don't discriminate against young folks in hiring? Down with the money class, redistribute the wealth to make the country better? Be Jesus and become a martyr and take on everyone's sins? NEETs are neat?

Well, at least they got proper American English voice acting in the Japanese dub as opposed to Engrish.
Apr 14, 2023 1:30 AM

Nov 2021
farewell Airking! 
Oct 21, 2023 7:33 PM

Nov 2014
Gruelingly tedious and trite ending to this abortion of a series. Can certainly see why Kamiyama never worked on a major production again after this, Eden of the East was entirely his creation and it was an utter embarrassment.
Dec 18, 2023 8:34 AM

Mar 2013
Definitely an inspiring movie to conclude the story. Thanks~
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 20, 1:54 AM

May 2020
This new sequel i don't see any fighting scene so it just full of conversation and progressive story. But fortunately, it gets a good ending for me. I was really enjoy the show. Finally Takizawa and Ato meet up, maybe they want to do business together? idk. The kiss moment, it should not be like. I feel like it is not fit. Aftermath they are living normally. Love to follow untill now, it was a good show. All the hints from Movie 1 is spread out in this Movie 2. So my assumption, this Movie 2 is a conclusion for Movie 1. Great job to make me amused. I thought the ending was Takizawa will meet-up with Saki, but thats not like that.
Yesterday, 4:33 AM
Jul 2021
A very flat ending to a somewhat interesting story.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» I don't freaken get it.

Zammyfighter - Aug 27, 2010

2 by CarbonMD »»
Feb 7, 2021 4:51 PM

» Paradise Lost spoilers thread

Sand_Alchemist - Mar 29, 2010

10 by CarbonMD »»
Feb 7, 2021 4:51 PM

» English dub

GreenSuperman18 - Jun 4, 2011

3 by Arman_ARA »»
Jan 28, 2017 6:59 AM

» Is this...

aksdmklsmalas - Jul 23, 2010

5 by FallIntoDespair »»
May 5, 2016 5:48 AM

» Memories

DrakensbergMist - May 3, 2014

4 by Lopika »»
Jun 10, 2015 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.