Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2023 11:17 PM
Apr 2022
WHAT IS THAT ENDING WTF
Jun 17, 2023 11:18 PM
Jan 2010
That ending scene was incredibly well done for such a disgusting theme... Definitely the best of the kind I ever saw, in regards of how it makes me feel and how explicit it was. Makes me feel so bad at the whole situation and yet it showed almost nothing.
Jun 17, 2023 11:45 PM

Feb 2021
Seems like everyone just become a different else. On the other side, the kids are getting their freedom for the first time.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 17, 2023 11:47 PM

Feb 2023
What the hell is happening?! Make it stop, MAKE IT STOOOOP! PLEASE!!
Jun 18, 2023 12:38 AM

Jan 2019
Kei-Zero said:
ForeverTraitor said:
God damn this show, they made it seem like some horrible shit was about to go down with the kids, only for Kiruko to get raped...

Rape scenes are one of the few things that make me uncomfortable in media, though this was thankfully more restrained than a lot of other anime.
More restrained? Damn, what kinda shows have you seen?

Goblin Slayer comes to mind.

Jun 18, 2023 12:45 AM
May 2014
Good episode direction, I really liked how they gradually and subtly introduced the atmosphere. I appreciate that what happens between Kiruko and Robin is shown in a nasty and non-erotic nor "comedy" way, which was not the case a few episodes back with Totori, the underage prostitute. Anyways, I want to say two things...

· FUCK YOU to everyone who spoiled this in the forums, I've read at least four times that something that could be censored was going to happen soon in this season between Kiruko and Robin. Can the manga readers use the spoiler tag more often and stop ruining the experience to those who are watching the anime? FFS...

· How can there be people so depraved that they cry because this episode is "censored"? It would be censorship if they removed the rape scene entirely, but removing the nipples doesn't affect the message or the atmosphere at all. Anyone complaining about the censorship of this episode is basically saying that they like being able to look at a woman's nipples while she's being raped. That disgusting.
TallsFallsJun 18, 2023 12:50 AM
Jun 18, 2023 1:10 AM

Jul 2019
Quanda1eDing1e said:
and off topic but it's all but confirmed that Robin is Taka right?

Where did you come to this conclusion?
Jun 18, 2023 1:22 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Independently from "that scene", which was even well executed IMO, this episode also had:

• An excellent flow between the orphanage and Kiruko/Maru scenes
  • Masterful direction... again
  • Very aesthetic, ingenious and meaningful takes
  • The story still keeps me at the edge of my seat

5/5
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Jun 18, 2023 1:43 AM
Apr 2021
The ending scene fucked me up so bad that I legitimately needed to solo queue a game of CS:GO.
Jun 18, 2023 2:02 AM
May 2023
Very intresting plottwist
Jun 18, 2023 2:06 AM
Jan 2014
I'm expecting Robin's spine to leave his body (physically) while he's still alive (at least in that moment).
Jun 18, 2023 2:16 AM
Feb 2023
finally rape scene (ı've waiting for all time)
Jun 18, 2023 2:27 AM

Apr 2021
Dickegrobe said:
Yea ... no. I think I already said something similar when that thing happened in the manga. There are probably, like, a bazillion ways to get the same outcome in terms of story progress without feeling as forced as this. THIS was just lazy-ass storytelling, maybe on par with all the toxic love-through-your-fists bs that terminally-shounens love so much.
We don't know at this point what relationship Robin had with Haruki's sister Kiriko. We don't know what part he took in her demise. We don't know anything about the guy, in fact.
So how on earth can you claim that this was forced, that it could have been told in a different way, or things like that?
If, for instance, you learn that Robin had been regularly raping Kiriko all along, would you agree that this scene is consistent with the character?
Just about everything in this story seems to come "out of nowhere" when they happen. Only to understand sometimes a lot later that it happened for a reason. Until this story is finished, there's no way you can make the above claim. Because you don't know.
You're just blaming your difficulty to cope on the author.
Jun 18, 2023 3:06 AM

Apr 2021
Finally watched it. Direction and music are really stellar in this episode. The adaptation of this whole sequence is the new benchmark for a perfect adapation. They really managed to intertwine the storylines perfectly and provide a cinematic experience that improves on the manga. I'm really impressed.
Small detail that I liked: Robin seems to recognize Kiruko the moment she walks in a shadow, making her hair look black, like Kiriko. That's visual storytelling for you.
Jun 18, 2023 3:21 AM

Sep 2016
LOL Kiruko rejected Maru multiple times just so he can get railed by Kamoshida, I mean Robin the Chad.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jun 18, 2023 3:21 AM
Apr 2018
Hmm. Just normal. Surprising yet normal episode. 
Maru, this is what it is. 
Kiruko, who knew you were played in the past. 
Robin, who knew you were this kind of person. 
Kids, you found the true ceiling. 
Jun 18, 2023 3:36 AM

Nov 2021
So this is the scene people warned about? It wasn't that disturbing just plain weird plus the censorship makes the scene awkwardly directed. I don't know how to feel about this. Thankfully the part with the facility is intriguing. Now it's all but confirmed that the girl with furry ears and the guy with the bowl cut are the doctor and mutilated girl right? I wonder where Tokio is
Jun 18, 2023 4:13 AM
Dec 2021
beautiful episode. loved that scene. Especially the sadism behind it. 
Jun 18, 2023 5:05 AM
Jan 2021
I am so confused about Tengoku Daimakyou..
I mean like wtf is happening, i don't understand the plot at all. spoilers of ep 12 ahead

So first of all the kids in the so called "heaven" have super powers? like one of the new kid has like tool for attacking when her sunglasses come off??? and that kid with like animal ears(mimihime) can cancel out the powers along with imaginary monsters?? Tf?
Second is that the baby of Tokyo and kona or something ( i forgot the name) has a clone who looks the same as the real one?

Third is that the the old leader of the so called "heaven" is bad and wants to live forever by transferring her mind into tokyo's child??

Wtf is even happening?? there will be 1 more ep before ending and i still don't know anything. like who was Asura and why did she kill herself??

I hope I will get my answers😵
Jun 18, 2023 5:08 AM
May 2016

damn they left out the smile
Jun 18, 2023 5:08 AM
Jan 2021
Softhenic03 said:
It didn’t even take a minute and things went downhill, super fast. First with that weird dream (?) sequence of Tokio and then a full-blown attack to the facility out of absolutely nowhere. Causes unknown though, just that the systems went down for some reason. 

Back to Kiruko and Maru, and them arriving at that place Maru was suspicious about last time… it goes without saying despite appearing perfectly normal and flourishing, there was an eerie sense of feeling in the air, which kind of confirmed itself with the name of Ministry of Reconstructions coming once again. And then the final nail in the coffin was when few people confirmed the presence of Robin around the place.

Just the confirmation of Robin around the place was all it needed for Kiruko to get totally worked up and then leave straight away to meet him at their place of appointment, that large filtration centre. Dude, she was so much in the moment that she didn’t even bother doubting Robin for a second and then look, WHAT HAPPENED… THAT HANDCUFFS BRO.. THAT INFAMOUS SEQUENCE FROM THE MANGA… ROBIN FORCING HIMSELF ON KIRUKO. 

Need not to say any further. By the way as the facility was attacked, few kids escaped through and they certainly have arrived at the outside of the outside.

They toned down the Robin, Kiruko scene of course as this is TV broadcast but hey Twitter gonna have a field day.
was the manga scene more disturbing? If yes then can you give me the chapter when it happens.
Jun 18, 2023 5:29 AM

Mar 2021
Checking out the comments here since I've seen the raep scene. Can someone sell me on this anime? What's the appeal?

Jun 18, 2023 5:32 AM
Jan 2021
milowatch said:
mkzxwing said:

What... WHAT?? No, it absolutely doesn't happen out of nowhere (outside of it being done by strangers grabbing someone off the street, but these are much more rare cases). As you said 'people you know turn out to be monsters', but there's ALWAYS warning signs to that, its that most don't know where to look, as they weren't taught to understand and judge dysfunctional behavior, usually raised in dysfunctional and/or lacking homes themselves. Also why do you talk as if its something new in the series, did you miss episode 9..? Guess mass rape with slavery doesn't count cuz they're men or something eh...

And that's my point. No I don't find this episode controversial and its probably is more disturbing cause it visually shows the act especially towards a main character we've followed closely instead of just describing it.
Yes r*p* was also described in episode 9 but then it was still an "is it true or not" scenario and before it was actually confirmed to be true we were unfortunately bombarded with other information so I do realise the gravity of the situation wasn't fully registered. Also visuals tend to affect people more than words so this episode might have been more impactful.
Coming to my point about Robin and the r*pe out of nowhere, while there are signs you could register most often than not the victims are blindsided due to their age or their trust in the perpetrator and I'm talking from first hand experience. It's always hindsight 20/20 and what you're saying sounds very victim blamey. Outside looking in maybe you could see the red flags but Haruki who's known him seemingly sparingly, looked up to him and then met him after years, yes it's out of nowhere since we've always followed his perspective and that's unfortunately a normal occurrence for many.

Exactly this. When sexual assault happens, its typically people the victim knows and trusts.
Jun 18, 2023 5:39 AM

May 2021
That was.... something; it's clear now that there are way more monsters in this world other than the Man-Eaters. I imagine Kiruko might have been victimized by Robin in the past too which would is going to make things so much worse for Haruki when he arrives at this conclusion.

On the other end, our facility students finally step outside and get to touch some outside grass. Though I am still wondering who actually is in control of the facility since it doesn't seem to be that old woman.

Jun 18, 2023 5:59 AM

May 2018
ehh not sure what to think about this one
Jun 18, 2023 6:38 AM
Jun 2022
ROBİN DEATHHHHHH
Jun 18, 2023 6:57 AM
Mar 2022
I knew it was coming because it’s been spoiled in other threads, but I didn’t know who it’d happen to. This will change the dynamic of the show so heavily now with both the kids from the school reaching the outside and with hiruko no longer looking towards their past, but also having to mentally overcome their present. Deeply disturbing but it makes for an interesting plot twist
Jun 18, 2023 6:58 AM

Jun 2016
episode 12 and above clearly ruined entire of this show !!

full of shitty
Jun 18, 2023 7:20 AM
Jan 2023
the rape scene destroyed the whole anime
Jun 18, 2023 7:22 AM

Apr 2016
MugiwaraJopa said:
Checking out the comments here since I've seen the raep scene. Can someone sell me on this anime? What's the appeal?
If you like Puzzle Jigsaw Plots and Anachronic Order narrative then, this anime is for you, look up for definitions if needed, but basically it's the type of mystery anime that you need to rewatch a couple of times to catch all the details and put the pieces together to fully understand the story. Even then, you'd probably need to go on forums to discuss with other people who spotted details that you missed and theorize.
The narrative is not in chronological order and most of the hints are visual. You won't get much verbal explanation.

I've watch an anime reaction channel react to this show, and they were frustrated like "What is going on in this show?" and confused the whole time.
Because most animes watchers are used to exposition through long monologues and dialogues that explain everything to the audience like they're 5.
Here, everything is explained through action and visuals, and some of the explanations/reveals or payoffs, come with a huge delay,
which also can be frustrating for your casual anime watcher who needs instant payoff and instant explanation.

If you like the chill dystopian post-apo settings, combined with weird supernatural unethical cruel "science went too far" kind of sci-fi thematics, then, this anime is also for you!
Finally, the production value is top notch. Dynamic animation and directing, beautiful art direction, beautiful backgrounds, unique art style despite some generic character designs.
Jun 18, 2023 7:27 AM
Mar 2023
AnOnYmOuS__101 said:
Martlyn said:
I will definitely start the manga anyway , it looks too good
well good luck let me know how it goes
Okey I'll do if I remember
Jun 18, 2023 7:29 AM
Jul 2020
Martlyn said:
AnOnYmOuS__101 said:
well good luck let me know how it goes
Okey I'll do if I remember
btw only it did was FMC telling mc not to fall for her if she starts developing feelings like wtf don’t that defeat the purpose since mc in in love with this bitch
Jun 18, 2023 7:30 AM
Jul 2014
Well that was fucked up, but you could predict it
Jun 18, 2023 7:39 AM
Jun 2021
Maru you'd better make sure the Kirukousen is fully charged
Jun 18, 2023 7:44 AM
Aug 2021
Uncomfortable, frightening, intense, Tengoku in its purest form, which plots my friends
Jun 18, 2023 7:45 AM

May 2020
they censored the ending scene heavily which was expected
hopefully, there is a reason for Robin doing what he does and it's not just for a pointless shock moment
I had been spoiled on it already but i was curious to see how much they censor it or just skip it
still an amazing episode apart from the ending scene

well now people are going to start cancelling it 
Homura24Jun 18, 2023 7:50 AM

Jun 18, 2023 7:50 AM

Apr 2016
So, Robin keeps calling Haruki/Kiriko kids. He still sees them as kids.
When he makes Kiruko facing the mirror, we see a 13 years old Haruki on the reflection.
Robin's memory of Haruki, is of a 13 years old boy.
Haruki's mind is still stuck at 13yo, even though Kiriko's body has grown, as he can't manage to move on from his childhood's memories.

So, this is not only r*pe, but child r*pe depicted on screen.
Really weird when you think about it.
Jun 18, 2023 8:13 AM

May 2015
Radical_Orion said:
So, Robin keeps calling Haruki/Kiriko kids. He still sees them as kids.
When he makes Kiruko facing the mirror, we see a 13 years old Haruki on the reflection.
Robin's memory of Haruki, is of a 13 years old boy.
Haruki's mind is still stuck at 13yo, even though Kiriko's body has grown, as he can't manage to move on from his childhood's memories.

So, this is not only r*pe, but child r*pe depicted on screen.
Really weird when you think about it.

Yeah no, that's not how things work outside of Twitter
Jun 18, 2023 8:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was hard to watch. Poor Kiruko
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 18, 2023 8:49 AM
Sep 2022
That the studio managed to pull such a terrible episode and make it watchable, creepy & interesting - such a miracle. My regards to Production I.G
Jun 18, 2023 8:50 AM
Jun 2017
So that is where Maru got his name (maru = circle, the scientist guy marked the kid with).
Jun 18, 2023 8:52 AM

Mar 2014
Holy nuts Robin turns out to be one fucked up dude, well I guess it was kinda hinted in the previous episode
Jun 18, 2023 9:02 AM

Apr 2020
Well, that was just weird. The whole idea of getting expiremented on, waking up in your sister's body (who you were in love with...), then looking for your role model for years just to get raped by him when you find him while he's telling you how insane it is that it's your sister's body getting raped, is just some weird hentai shit or something lmfao. Don't really get the point yet, but maybe that's because rape is just an awfully strange act of power of lust, an act that resembles what normal healthy people only associate with consensual lovemaking.

Only what happens next is going to determine whether it was just for shock value with no substance, but sadly there's only one episode left. Right now it just feels really odd when there was zero build-up to it.
KaasfondueJun 18, 2023 10:36 AM
Jun 18, 2023 9:08 AM
Sep 2022
Best anime of the season, along with Vinland Saga
Jun 18, 2023 9:21 AM
Oct 2020
The last episode made me speechless… I don’t know what to think.

I believed that Robin was a good man. But I actually thought that Robin and Haruki would do it at some point, but I didn’t expected it to actually happen. It was just my wild guess.
I’m excited about the sequel.
Jun 18, 2023 9:36 AM
Oct 2020
Mcfeeley said:
I can only guess based on how Robin was so at ease of doing this he also raped Kiruko in the past. What a way to find out your sister was victimized. I may go back and watch the past episode to see if the real Kiruko had and strange reactions about Robin’s presence.

Wait, is it real that she was abused by Robin in the past?? I didn’t get it while I watched the show. I thought he just had a twisted personality.
I’m mean I get that you think that because of how Robin was acted in the last ep, but than Kiruko would have told Haruki to not to go near him, wouldn’t she?
Jun 18, 2023 10:22 AM
Sep 2017
Quiero vomitar...
Jun 18, 2023 10:28 AM

Jan 2011
i didnt expect Robin to be such an evil person, i really dont know whats gonna happen next, if Haruki intends to keep this a secret or will she tell Maru what happened, you do not want to have Maru as your enemy
Jun 18, 2023 10:34 AM

Sep 2015
That Robin scene must be one of the most twisted/ psycho things I've seen in anime. Can't imagine what Kiruko would be feeling in this situation, or what the author was thinking when making this up. It makes it extra fucked up that Robin is using the fact that he's (or she's) in his sister's body against him. And Maru is not there to help...

I wonder why the grandma was pretending to not be able to walk, she could just be honest about it and still use her age as an excuse. Kinda funny though.

I suppose it's rather obvious by now that the Katahara facility storyline is set in the past but I'll never know how long it would take my dumb self would to figure it out without help since I got somewhat spoiled by what someone wrote a few episodes ago about Mimihime. It's a shame that they go to meet a dark future.
can dis sig fit
Jun 18, 2023 10:39 AM
Oct 2020
NO NO NO NO WAIT WAIT PLEASE WAIT
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

463 by Coirato »»
Today, 5:41 AM

» Kiriko and Haruki are blood related?

abuudai - May 16

10 by P1Sanctum »»
Yesterday, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 20, 2023

298 by Creepyy »»
May 21, 11:51 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2023

237 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 19, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2023

306 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 19, 8:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.