Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jun 5, 2023 9:00 PM
Sep 2020
Some people may dislike the behavior of Ichikawa during the date.. BUT apparently Yamada doesn't even care.
Jun 6, 2023 1:09 AM
Feb 2009
8manYeager said:
Some people may dislike the behavior of Ichikawa during the date.. BUT apparently Yamada doesn't even care.

He behaved very good for a 13-year-old introvert on his first date with the top beauty in his class, who was also a pro model. I would probably run away from start.
Eraser_stpJun 6, 2023 1:51 AM
Jun 6, 2023 1:49 AM
May 2017
animejas said:
If there was an award for "Most Improved Show" throughout this season or maybe even this year, this show would probably win it. Compared to how it started, it's great to see how it's turned out for the rest of the run, especially in the last few episodes. It was a nice "date" per say this episode, even though Ichikawa was still lacking confidence and there was an awkward atmosphere from time to time surrounding the date. It makes the date as a whole more interesting though, and with more growth and development of his personality, it'll be interesting to see how he evolves down the line. Good to see Yamada though be proactive and show Ichikawa that she does care for him a lot. She exchanged pictures privately to him, got him to help her pick outfits, eat and have fun together during Christmas Eve. Was a fun overall episode in a refreshing setting to say the least.
Yeah, I would have to agree. While I didn't think this show was anything bad necessarily. In fact, I found myself liking the two main leads almost instantly. However, I was expecting this to fall down the gimmick-romcom trope hole like with Uzaki, Nagatoro, etc and was pleasantly surprised when it started actually fleshing out its two main characters the further the show continued. It definitely started as a seemingly gimmicky show that had a somewhat less annoying dynamic than all the other of its kind but it has really transformed into a really decent romcom. Episode 9 exceeded my expectations for a show of this caliber but this episode was a very pleasant surprise. 
Jun 6, 2023 2:39 AM
Jun 2023
Bagus banget mantap
Jun 6, 2023 5:59 AM

Aug 2022
Another amazing episode!
I just love this Anime and its characters!
10/10 Pls confirm season 2
Jun 6, 2023 6:20 AM

Aug 2022
sinnerNoWinner said:
The battle shounen of romantic comedies.
Nothing of this stuff has any chance of happening in real life. Just a stupid self insert for lonely otakus.

viewers are probably 90% loners and edgy teenagers.

Time to drop it.
LMAO drop your life giga chad dude!
Why you are here? why you watch Anime?
Go watch Last of Us and Strange Way of Life lol
Jun 6, 2023 7:05 AM

Nov 2007
doesntmatter93 said:
IDK who needs to hear this but the date was awfull. The whole thing from start to finish. It only lasted so long because Yamada made a lot and i mean A LOT of effort to keep it going. I don't understand why everyone sees this and thinks it was good or nice or whatever else but just look at how many lines whatever the shy-shota is called had for an entire day... He had maybe 5-6 times where he talked and half of those lines were some mumble bs that meant nothing and nobody else could hear. Imagine going on a date with someone that refuses to look at you for the entire day and mumbles shit all the time and says almost nothing for more than 3-4 hours, or treats you like he is embarassed to be seen in public with you, and pulls away from you all the time and does nothing but stare at his feet. Just think how you would feel after a cpouple of hours with such a person. I hope they never write something like this again but this comes from Japan so at this point i am dissapointed with myself for expecting to see a good story with properly fleshed out characters that are not wimps bing rewarded for being creeps and stalkers and spineless. 

Someone else already quoted you with a reply but I thought I'd add my take on this as well. I doubt it will change your mind but maybe what you said softly resonated with others so here my take on this: It's hard to relate to Ichikawa in all aspects of what he's doing and that because you may not have lived it and the anime is leaving out stuff here and there for timings sake. This whole episode is her making a LOT of effort to bring her point across that she is seeing this as a date without actually saying that it is a date (this is a reoccuring thing that will theme. Once you put your feelings out you can't take them back and have to live with the consequences of that. Good or bad.). He is stuck in the mindset that he's not good enough for her. Just last episode he tried to push her away because he told himself that because he couldn't be with her it would be easier to distance himself from her to avoid heartache. But he ultimately couldn't commit to this and went ahead with the "date". I think in the manga it is a bit more present how much he is aware that this could be considered a date but he ultimately falls back to his old habbit of rationalizing it all away to avoid heartache. Just to a lesser degree then previously. Yamada is reflecting upon forcing this "date" onto him and dragging him through town. This reflection is a big thing for her as this is something she has struggled, and will continue to struggle with and Ichikawa notices this and immediately tries to ease her anxiety by explaining that if he truly didn't want to be there then he would've said something about it and that he had fun. At the end of the episode they both more or less bring their point across by holding hands and he mentions that it may not be that bad if she understood what he felt about her.
slight spoiler for a conversation that will happen later on:
Jun 6, 2023 8:27 AM
Jul 2022
i liked this episode to much especially i like yamada ah... i want season 2 alsooooo
Jun 6, 2023 11:51 AM
Dec 2018
Perfecto, just perfecto <3
Jun 6, 2023 12:53 PM

Feb 2011
Lanz said:
Anyone that hadn't got it yet should have realized through the visuals that Yamada doesn't only like Ichikawa because of his personality or whatever
He is legitimately cute looking. At least it's portrayed that way

You have the best opinion in this whole thread. Ichikawa is so cute when he blushes, I just wanna roll him up and put him in my purse
Jun 6, 2023 6:05 PM
Nov 2017
best episode so far
Jun 7, 2023 6:51 AM

Oct 2008
I finally got to watch the episode that everyone was raving about, so was it the best episode? Well tbh I felt the episode 9 more. But still an amazing episode, a standout amongst anime “First date” out there. There’s a lot to like here, while not original a lot development happened here like Kyoutarou grading himself as to how he did for their first date and because of that we understand how anxious he was in believable way; There’s also Anna asking him when will he introduce her to his sister; And getting Kyoutarou to open up to Anna, like him voicing which dress looks good on her to Kyoutarou him admitting that he had fun. Seriously with their growing intimacy and development these past episodes, I don’t think it’s far for them to become official couple, I mean they really starts to resemble a real one, maybe just little push and i feel like it’s heading there naturally! Now I can see why would Hiroaki Akagi and Shin-El would pick up this series after Takagi-san because this is indeed a worthy successor.
Chika250 said:
Btw I feel like the sexual tension is growing like hell since episode 8.
I agree, including Anna dressing up Kyoutarou (that includes his pants too) which making her blush the next day lol definitely beats other waifu out there lol.
jestynJun 7, 2023 6:56 AM
Jun 7, 2023 6:57 AM
Feb 2021
@jestyn

As a big Takagi-san fan myself, I suggest you give the manga a try if you haven't yet. It's the most wholesome romcom I've been reading in the past few years and I regularly buy the japanese volumes together with the lastest ones from Takagi-san.
Jun 8, 2023 6:06 AM

Sep 2018
1WanteD1 said:
Another amazing episode!
I just love this Anime and its characters!
10/10 Pls confirm season 2

I think there are lots of us crossing our fingers for that right now, but I guess the question is, how's this doing in Japan (anime reception and boost to manga sales)

From a western audience point of view this is pretty much in "hidden gem" territory

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jun 8, 2023 8:06 AM

Apr 2010
It was changed already, Hidive translator simply copied the manga official translation (seven seas release) to save on time.. once they understood the mistake they fixed, they aren't Crunchyroll. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FyGnks3XoAE94GR?format=jpg&name=large
Jun 10, 2023 4:25 AM
Feb 2018
I love this chapter, very good 10/10
Jun 10, 2023 3:42 PM
Feb 2023

Don't forget about this.. lol

Biography

RomCom Lovers!
Jun 10, 2023 7:28 PM
May 2023
Tidak terasa tinggal 2 episode lagi
Jun 10, 2023 7:56 PM
Mar 2022
Yamada is resprentative the girl like real world it is why I love this anime, each episode get better and better
Jun 11, 2023 1:37 AM
Feb 2011
So...after re-watching this on HiDive...they've changed the subs.  He doesn't say "mansplain" any more.  Nor does he say "cringe" in the follow up.  I'm actually surprised...and credit due where credit is due.  

Great episode, of course.  She's awkward like she really would be, and he's awkward but also thinking about it as a real person would.
Jun 11, 2023 4:41 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The way they couldn't let go of each other's hands, this was some of the cutest i've seen in a while.
Jun 13, 2023 9:22 AM

Dec 2012
I CAN'T STOP SMILING THROUGH THE EPISODE LOL

Jun 13, 2023 1:20 PM
Mar 2021
It is nice to see the romance between Yamada and Ichikawa bloom finally, after a slow start.
Jun 15, 2023 10:27 AM
Jan 2018
Yamada wanted him to call her cute …
Jun 16, 2023 8:10 AM

Sep 2015
The DATE Episode was so good! I've just been binging this anime today and cannot put it down. So many cute moments.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jun 16, 2023 1:40 PM
Nov 2008
yamada is so cute!
Jun 17, 2023 8:11 AM

Jun 2019
Their first date was the cutest. My goodness, this show is so freaking good. I can't wait for next season after this one ends. So cute both of these idiots.
Jun 17, 2023 2:57 PM
May 2020
Little by little things are evolving in a beautiful natural way. I love how the height difference between them doesn't matter. When you are with the person you like, time flies by
Jun 17, 2023 5:41 PM

Feb 2018
Another really enjoyable episode!
A day out filled with many wholesome moments.
Really good scene when they were walking under all of the lights, had some good vibes to it.
Jun 18, 2023 1:45 AM
Jun 2023
On this eps so firee i like it 🔥
Jun 20, 2023 1:11 PM
Feb 2023
it was a great episode
Jun 24, 2023 1:14 PM
꧁ marr

Sep 2014
this date episode was SO cute!!!
when will Ichikawa realize Yamada loves him too

LIFE IS CRAZY AND SO ARE YOU
♫♫♫

Jun 25, 2023 3:05 PM
Dec 2017
Continuity problem discovered in episode 10: moments before Anna drags Kyo into the dressing boot (12m30s ASW time) the "Dracula marks" are missing from her neck. The spots are there right before (12m22s) and after (12m42s). With such lack of quality control, some naughty in-betweener may even manage to slip a "garupantsu" shot or two into finished episodes...
Jun 25, 2023 3:16 PM
Dec 2017
sinnerNoWinner said:
The battle shounen of romantic comedies.
More like the battleship of rom-coms. Space battleship BokuYamato has broadsided Oshi no Ko four times: first during the OnK hiatus week, then for 3 more weeks, episode vs episode. It even got announced that BokuMusashi will be launched during January 2024.
Jul 2, 2023 1:25 AM
May 2021
No, there is nothing better than tasting a first kiss and more from you, I see so many colors and all my senses will explode from loving you so much.
Jul 4, 2023 4:20 AM

Feb 2021
Lol the other him XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 21, 2023 2:42 PM

Feb 2015
Cute story.

Shame about the default subtitles in this episode, injecting feminist rhetoric in an anime that has absolutely nothing to do with it. Putting words into Ichikawa's mouth that are out of character and even STORY-BREAKING.

Why?

The insecurities and fears Ichikawa holds could be seen as side effects of a social rhetoric that constantly demonizes and undermines men. Men as predators and relentless abusers.

For example, consider the amount of times Ichikawa was scared he would do something inappropriate while there was no reason or intention for him to fear that. The amount of times this internalized demonization ("men are evil. I am evil. I am scum") prevented him from accepting the love, kindness, and intimacy offered to him by an interested girl.

That's right. This anime is inherently anti-feminist. It shines a light on the harm and evil done to men, young and old, by inciting and malicious feminist rhetoric.
AkiFosuJul 21, 2023 2:48 PM
Aug 5, 2023 8:51 PM

Dec 2012
Best episode yet. This whole thing had me blushing like I'm watching my first romance anime all over again. I was eating and completely froze up the moment Anna grabbed Kyo's chin. That was seriously super adorable.
Aug 21, 2023 4:51 AM
Nov 2022
Yamada tan linda y astuta creando una cita con Ichikawa en base de prestar el manga y siempre toda glotoncita, Ichikawa de a poco va dejando de ser un marginado y evitó verse como un acosador de Anna, siempre me gusta cuando ella lanza indirectas. Imposible no amar a Yamada que le envía esas fotos y vídeos solo a Ichikawa y luego lo toma del mentón joder como no lo va a flechar lo tiene en la palma de su mano.

Yamada so cute and cunning creating a date with Ichikawa based on lending the manga and always all gluttonous, Ichikawa gradually ceases to be an outcast and avoids seeing himself as a stalker of Anna, I always like when she throws hints. Impossible not to love Yamada that she sends those photos and videos only to Ichikawa and then grabs him by the chin, how damn she's not going to shoot him, she has it in the palm of her hand.
Aug 25, 2023 8:33 PM
Jul 2023
estou ficando loucaaaaaa
pfvr, diz q ama ela, sla, fodase, diz!
eu n aguento tanto romance mdsAAAAAAAAAA
Aug 31, 2023 6:44 AM

Aug 2019
oop the scarf. he went crazy in the after ed scene.
but dude these subs im using suck. what kind of subber uses the nonexistant word "mansplain". and also if there are multiple people talking at the same time the sub titles bounce around and are impossible to read. (using ember release)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2023 9:23 PM

Mar 2008
Ahhhh there was so many good moments in this episode.

Anna lowkey tricking Kyotaro into a Christmas Eve date was kinda cute.

I assume the reason why Anna wanted him on the stairs behind her is so she can look him in the eyes.

The "mainsplaining" in the subs I got I could tell was wrong from context even before I saw comments here explaining what he really said. I could tell he wasn't mansplaining because he wasn't being condescending, he only felt weird because he feels he doesn't have real knowledge about fashion. That was annoying even without knowing Japanese. Why are official subbers so bad? At least as I see in a comment above it was changed later with some.

Did he really think Anna would buy the bit about him not liking sweet things when he already has accepted sweets from her? What a bad nervous liar.

When Anna lifted his chin and said "Don't forget to look at the real thing".. I would have froze like Kyotaro in that moment too.

It's nice that Kyotaro actually has awareness of how Anna might feel about some of the things he did. It's understandable Anna got a bit upset at different times, she wants to be called cute by him and so on.

A little scarf wrapup. How nice of her.

I was willing them to hold hands and it happened. So cute.
traedSep 19, 2023 9:29 PM
Oct 5, 2023 9:03 PM

Jul 2016
The most awkward "date" in anime I have seen in a while. I swear this MC has the density of a freaking black hole.
And not to mention how it all looked like a mom taking her edgy kid to get some fresh air and touch some grass. Hilarious.
Oct 6, 2023 3:19 AM

Aug 2018
You can say that Kyoutarou and Yamada have had a "date".
It was beautiful the chapter, and the scene after the train <3!!!!
I loved the chapter. Nigorikawa appeared...he, is going to make important for Kyoutarou.
(Chapters 45 to 49 of the manga adapted.)

Dec 29, 2023 7:17 PM

Sep 2023
Great episode again #DefoNotADate! They really wanted that hand holding to last as long as possible.
Jan 3, 3:49 PM
Jan 2021
Jan 7, 1:32 PM
Mar 2018
Finally, Ichikawa realizes he has a shot with Yamada! Their Christmas date was so cute, I just wish Kyotaro was quicker to pick up all of Anna's hints. x)
Jan 8, 5:59 PM

Nov 2018
Just Give me kiss and seggs already.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Jan 31, 10:05 AM

May 2015
LOl that guy from the manga xD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 9, 7:54 AM

Apr 2013
Beautiful episode, Yamada must really be madly in love with him if she enjoyed that date xD Didn't expect them to get to the stage of handholding already, I really hope this show ends on a high note.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

282 by Nokic »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

135 by ichigo_rafi »»
May 21, 2:03 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

370 by Zoopiez »»
May 18, 2:44 PM

» The femal cast support the MC too fast?

passtur - Apr 15

23 by Zoopiez »»
May 18, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2023

216 by Playcool »»
Apr 29, 3:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.